Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Katsute Kami Datta Kemono-tachi e' Receives TV Anime

New
Feb 4, 2019 8:10 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Kodansha launched an official website for a TV anime adaptation of action fantasy manga Katsute Kami Datta Kemono-tachi e (To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts) on Tuesday. The anime series will premiere in 2019.

Synopsis
During the Civil War, the North—desperate to defeat the South—utilized forbidden magic that turned their soldiers into monstrous beings known as Incarnates. In exchange for their humanity they were granted immense power to defeat their foes. But though their lands were saved, some grew to fear the Incarnates in the aftermath of the war, causing them to be shunned, and some even killed.

Years later in a town in the middle of nowhere, Nancy Schaal Bancroft has found her target—the man responsible for killing her Incarnate father. Armed with an elephant gun, she takes aim and fires, but he remains unharmed. Despite revealing her vengeful intentions to him, the man has other pressing matters to attend to: the murder of another Incarnate. During the clash, Schaal discovers that her father's killer is actually an Incarnate himself, and his murderous streak is due to a promise he made long ago: that any Incarnate who loses their humanity will be taken down by one of their own.

After the beast is dead, the Incarnate known as Hank invites Schaal to accompany him on his journey, so that she can understand the truth behind her father's death and why these monstrous beings are better off dying at the hands of their former comrades. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Staff
Director: Jun Shishido (Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger)
Series Composition: Shigeru Murakoshi (Zombieland Saga)
Character Design, Chief Animation Director: Daisuke Niinuma (Kakegurui animation director)
Incarnate Design Supervision: Takayuki Sano (Persona 5 the Animation animation director)
Color Design: Chikako Kamata (Monster)
Art Director: Hiroshi Morikawa (Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!!)
Director of Photography: Momoko Mifune (Banana Fish assistant director of photography)
Editing: Satoshi Aihara (Time Travel Shoujo: Mari Waka to 8-nin no Kagakusha-tachi)
Studio: MAPPA

Cast
Hank: Katsuyuki Konishi (Blood+)
Schaal: Ai Kakuma (Selector Infected WIXOSS)

Manga author duo Maybe, known for Tasogare Otome x Amnesia, began serializing the manga in Bessatsu Shounen Magazine in June 2014. Kodansha published the eighth volume last August, with the ninth volume planned for a February 8 release. North American publisher Vertical licensed the manga in English in August 2015 and shipped the seventh volume on December 18 last year.

Official site: http://katsu-kami.com/
Official Twitter: @katsukami_anime

Source: Comic Natalie

Katsute Kami Datta Kemono-tachi e on MAL
VindstotFeb 4, 2019 11:04 PM

Feb 4, 2019 8:19 PM
May 2018
I'll have to check Tasogare Otome x Amnesia first, but this one definitely looks like something I would enjoy.

Also, Katsuyuki Konishi.
Feb 4, 2019 8:40 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
I enjoyed Tasogare Otome x Amnesia a lot so I’m looking forward to seeing how this goes. Synopsis sounds really interesting too!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 4, 2019 8:58 PM

Dec 2017
at last, it gets an adaptation, i dont know about the staff but it looks good, considering the staff recent project.

Nancy is a qt too so i really want to see it animated
Feb 4, 2019 9:13 PM
Jan 2019
interesting! I'll take a look at the manga before the anime premieres, in addition the MAPPA studio will animate it so I can come a good anime
Feb 4, 2019 10:46 PM
Aug 2016
I hope the author's other harem/Isekai manga gets animated too
Feb 5, 2019 2:06 AM

Jan 2018
Looks awesome and I've known about the series for a few years. Mappa will do well.
Feb 5, 2019 2:11 AM

Feb 2007
Truly excellent news. The few chapters we've seen translated were definitely promising.
Feb 5, 2019 2:23 AM

Jun 2017
MAPPA doing anything is awesome
Feb 5, 2019 2:32 AM

Feb 2007
BigBlueBash said:
MAPPA doing anything is awesome

Judging by this season's Dororo, definitely the correct choice for this manga.
Feb 5, 2019 4:31 AM

Aug 2017
Haven't read the manga, but this looks promising. Definitely gonna give a try when it gets released.
Feb 5, 2019 4:56 AM

Sep 2007
Superb news !
Reading it in french, loving it !
Feb 5, 2019 7:12 AM

Nov 2008
Nancy has an elephant gun? That's an unusual weapon to see used in battle.

I'll give it a try.

Feb 5, 2019 9:12 AM

Jan 2018
Great manga and hopefully a great adaptation.
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Feb 5, 2019 9:21 AM

May 2015
Well here's another good one...
Feb 5, 2019 9:29 AM

Oct 2013
ClickBaitBuster said:

This isn't a harem though, well I have read 22 chapters and I didn't get that impression.

This series is in the same magazine as attack on titan, that is how I got into the series because I saw it on one of the bessatsu shōnen magazine cover.

Average to above average series, like his art style though.
Feb 5, 2019 10:11 AM
Aug 2016
keragamming said:
ClickBaitBuster said:

This isn't a harem though, well I have read 22 chapters and I didn't get that impression.

This series is in the same magazine as attack on titan, that is how I got into the series because I saw it on one of the bessatsu shōnen magazine cover.

I've read some chapters of this manga a long time ago and all I remember is some dude fighting monsters and shit and a girl who follows him and has a crush on him or something.. anyway, when I said harem/Isekai manga I meant only this one
Feb 5, 2019 10:36 AM
Jul 2018
I gave it a chance some time ago but I dropped it because it was mediocre.

Kekkon Yubiwa Monogatari is much better and popular, a shame that ecchi anime is basically dead nowadays.
Feb 5, 2019 10:46 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Girls w guns

Automatic watch
Feb 5, 2019 12:29 PM

Oct 2013
ClickBaitBuster said:
keragamming said:

I've read some chapters of this manga a long time ago and all I remember is some dude fighting monsters and shit and a girl who follows him and has a crush on him or something.. anyway, when I said harem/Isekai manga I meant only this one

Cool, I've read that one its impressive that he works on two ongoing manga at the same time.
Feb 5, 2019 4:21 PM
Jul 2014
I read 6 volumes of the manga. I like it when a series that I read gets an adaptation it just feels good.
Feb 5, 2019 6:35 PM
Feb 5, 2019 11:53 PM

Oct 2010
The premise is ridiculous enough that I'm intrigued.
Feb 6, 2019 2:19 AM

Jan 2016
This seems good. We'll see.
Feb 6, 2019 10:53 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This sounds like something I'll really enjoy and MAPPA being the ones to adapt it is even better given how much I like Karakuri Circus and Dororo right now
Feb 8, 2019 3:51 AM

Mar 2014
Excellent news, we'll see it goes.

More topics from this board

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
52 minutes ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.