Forum Settings
Forums

So... I kind of made decision to never watch these titles. I will never give them chance, no matter how high their score is.

New
Feb 3, 2019 1:29 PM
May 2018
Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu, and everything related to it.

Stuff that adapts Reki Kawahara's works, although I did see first 13 episodes of SAO, and entire AW series, and AW OVA...
But I learned my lesson.

High School DxD. From what I know, the only good thing about this are hentai fanarts.

Monogatari series. People tell me all the time that this is harem franchise that is actually awesome, and I say, sorry folks, but I have no interest in one guy being sorrounded by beautiful girls, unless he is an orc, pig orc, middle aged school janitor, evil warlord who enslaved the entire Holy Elven Forest, or Ryuichi Kaizu from Aoki Hono, or simply just random evil demon with tentacles.

Kimi no Na wa. Because it's made by Makoto Shinkai, and it's probably one more of his movies filled with disgusting feels, and melodrama, and I'm at that point in life when I just don't want stuff that makes me feel bad, and down.

No Game No Life. Not even sure what this is all about, but seems to be harem, so, by default garbage.

There is probably a lot more, but I'm bored to mention it all.

Do you folks also have stuff that you will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever give even a tiny bit of your attention, no matter how much others praise it.

Enjoy in thread.

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 3, 2019 1:32 PM

Apr 2018
Another day and another crappy thread made by you
Feb 3, 2019 1:34 PM

Mar 2018
I will never watch the fate franchise.
Evangelion is shit
Feb 3, 2019 1:34 PM
May 2018
Akerakai said:
Another day and another crappy thread made by you
Please, don't tell me you are another one of those guys who selfinsert themselves into MC's shoes, to feel like they are dating best grills. :/

That's what your favorites are telling me.
Feb 3, 2019 1:36 PM

Dec 2015
Psajdak said:

No Game No Life. Not even sure what this is all about, but seems to be harem, so, by default garbage..

Never has such truth been spoken before.. all hail psajdak
TIME TO END PARTITION WITH A BANG. I AM ONCE AGAIN ASKING FOR YOUR FINACIAL SUPPROT https://www.sinnfeinbookshop.com/jewellery-1/
Feb 3, 2019 1:38 PM

Jul 2015
->stuff like ping pong / the tatami galaxy : the art is just not for me
->harems (Gotoubun no Hanayome,We Never Learn) , edgy love triangles (Domestic na Kanojo,Kuzu no Honkai)
->any Romance with tsundere female lead (znt,shana,toradora,kaguya ....)
Feb 3, 2019 1:43 PM

Nov 2018
I'll never watch hellsing ultimate, psycho pass, tokyo ghoul, sao, hunter x hunter 2011

Simply because i don't think i'll like them
Feb 3, 2019 1:45 PM

Dec 2018
Your Name is so good though.. Definitely recommend it.
Feb 3, 2019 1:46 PM

Aug 2018
Re Zero is pretty surprising considering it has barely started, the story almost never advances, the protagonist is useless and there is almost no fanservice.
I made the decision to never watch anything made by Trigger studio (the ones from Kill la Kill).
Also Fate (anything) because i could bet my phone that its written like shit (altough i will read the first visual novel because why not).
Lastly Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagan because there is a girl that has 14 and has some bajungos with the size of my head.

NGNL is a couple of mary sues who can do everything because they are so cool and their number is so big and bla bla. Also they are step siblings and there is a ecchi and uhhh so its not like you are missing anything.
Your Name is one of the worst written movies that i have seen. Birdemic has better writting.
The only reason stopping me from watching Monogatari is the fact that there seem to be a single male character and that bugs me a lot (there must be some kind of balance or no balance at all: Either all girls and not a single guy or all guys and not a single girl).
CordobezEverdeenFeb 3, 2019 1:50 PM
I never lie on the internet. What's the point of it...
the chinese noodles ad is an anime and avatar isn't!
triggered

Check out my taste and my profile.
Feb 3, 2019 1:51 PM

Oct 2013
Feels bad for OP since he missing out on this

Well skipping out on Monogatari and all those other low tier shows doesn't really matter but if you decided to watch Monogatari for whatever reason in the future feel free to hit me up so I can give you the chronological order so you can watch it correctly regardless
Feb 3, 2019 1:52 PM

Jan 2017
Gotta say, it's honestly refreshing to have an actually well-made bait thread again. I was worried AD was losing its touch, but nope, here comes Psajdak to save the day.

And by save I mean the opposite of that.
Feb 3, 2019 1:54 PM

Jun 2017
Why should I care in the first place?!

Not giving a chance is really a bad idea if you watched/read something from that author/director/etc. and don't like it it's fair to not watch/read his/her future works but when you don't know anything then just why?!
Feb 3, 2019 1:55 PM

Aug 2018
honeycrush said:
I'll never watch hellsing ultimate, psycho pass, tokyo ghoul, sao, hunter x hunter 2011

You rated Lucky Star with a 6 and Aki Sora with a 2 so obviously your opinion doesnt matter.
(I hope that people on the 2019 year are smart enough to not need this /s )
I never lie on the internet. What's the point of it...
the chinese noodles ad is an anime and avatar isn't!
triggered

Check out my taste and my profile.
Feb 3, 2019 1:57 PM

Nov 2013
I usually give everything a chance. But I have zero interest in Monster, since it takes place in Germany. On top of the plot not being particularly interesting.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Feb 3, 2019 2:01 PM
May 2018
Maurice_5 said:
Gotta say, it's honestly refreshing to have an actually well-made bait thread again. I was worried AD was losing its touch, but nope, here comes Psajdak to save the day.

And by save I mean the opposite of that.
I'm sorry to dissapoint you, but I never bait people, at least not intentionally.

Feb 3, 2019 2:07 PM

Aug 2018
Idol shows and gay stuff aren't my deal, I'm gonna stay away from them.

Feb 3, 2019 2:07 PM

Oct 2017
If certain shows don't look/sound appealing to you just don't prioritize them. Setting a personal "rule" to never watch something seems pointlessly limiting, especially for well liked shows that clearly have something going for them. What makes them so highly rated may not be apparent from brief descriptions, scenes or the staff.
Feb 3, 2019 2:10 PM

Dec 2016
I have three titles in mind and all of them share the same reason: unappealing artwork:

- One Piece
- Ping Pong the Animation
- JoJo Bizarre Adventures

I don't care the high scores and praise. Artwork is my first filter; it's the first thing impacting my enjoyment, so if I don't like it, with all certainty I'm not going to enjoy anything from the show.
Feb 3, 2019 2:10 PM

Jan 2013
Tl;dr "Here's a list of really popular shows that I haven't seen and know nothing about but I'm still going to assert they're shit in order to inflame fans. Discuss!"

gr8 b8 m8 I r8 8/8.

Feb 3, 2019 2:14 PM
May 2018
vegeta8639 said:
Tl;dr "Here's a list of really popular shows that I haven't seen and know nothing about but I'm still going to assert they're shit in order to inflame fans. Discuss!"

gr8 b8 m8 I r8 8/8.

I only don't know about Kimi no Na wa., and No Game No Life; former could even be good, but Shinkai's works just aren't for me, as for NGNL, I always try to avoid anything where there is one male MC, and several female.
Feb 3, 2019 2:15 PM

Nov 2016
>Do you folks also have stuff that you will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever give even a tiny bit of your attention, no matter how much others praise it.

Ironically you dedicated a whole thread to them.

That's how you go full retard.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 3, 2019 2:19 PM

Dec 2014
One Piece, Naruto, Boruto (whatever this is), and any other anime with 500+ episodes and falls under the shonen category.
Feb 3, 2019 2:20 PM

Feb 2018
I hate the Harem, but monogatari series is really good the truth. Although it is understandable.

kimi no nawa has drama, but....the drama is well executed. Nothing exaggerated.

Another. It's not a big deal. You do not gain anything with seeing it.
Feb 3, 2019 2:22 PM

Apr 2017
Oh god I missed (big lie) your shitty threads so much...
Feb 3, 2019 2:23 PM

Nov 2018
CordobezEverdeen said:
honeycrush said:

You rated Lucky Star with a 6 and Aki Sora with a 2 so obviously your opinion doesnt matter.
(I hope that people on the 2019 year are smart enough to not need this /s )

6 means the anime is fine, above average, so it's not a negative rating. Aki sora is obviously not for everyone. What's your problem?
Feb 3, 2019 2:24 PM

Jul 2015
I decided to do myself a favor and avoid all the long af battle shonen. There's nothing to say about them that hasn't been said, nothing to see that hasn't been seen by half the community. It's just a pointless way to kill time IMO, I'd rather watch 50 obscure OVAs than try to tackle some 200+ eps super mainstream show for kids, both FMA were enough.
DeathkoFeb 3, 2019 2:27 PM
Feb 3, 2019 2:25 PM
May 2018
Kuro_Neko04 said:
Well, what can I say...
I'm not forcing anyone to post in them.
Feb 3, 2019 2:26 PM

Feb 2018
Well , I didn't expect my self to enjoy Baccano! and Gintama but look at that both are now in my favorite , also Kimi no Na wa is a movie so it's not much of a commitment .
Feb 3, 2019 2:32 PM

Jan 2013
Psajdak said:
vegeta8639 said:

gr8 b8 m8 I r8 8/8.

I only don't know about Kimi no Na wa., and No Game No Life; former could even be good, but Shinkai's works just aren't for me, as for NGNL, I always try to avoid anything where there is one male MC, and several female.

I was about to respond seriously about how by those standards you're ruling out over 50% of all anime but upon reading your OP again, I decided that it's best not to feed the trolls any further. Enjoy your thread.
Feb 3, 2019 2:32 PM

Jul 2016
I'm sorry, but I can't help but read your username as Pat Sajak.

As for a proper answer, I tend to avoid the terrible meme ones, like Boku no Pico I'll probably never watch, or anything else from the Fate series since it just doesn't appeal to me. It's kind of hard to come up with names since you tend to forget about something once you've decided you don't like it and moved on, whether you've watched it or not. Bleach, I guess?
Feb 3, 2019 2:35 PM

Apr 2017
Psajdak said:
Kuro_Neko04 said:
Well, what can I say...
I'm not forcing anyone to post in them.

Do not misunderstand me, Is normal to share opinions with other, the problem is the form of the thread, that is pretty useless..

The "I don't give a fuck about this anime because *insert something that u don't like here* and so Im not even trying to watch it giving it a chance" is kind of stupid.. I didn't had any expectation for the 90% of my favorite anime, but they somehow became my favorites.

That said, I too avoid several anime, but I try always to take a look to the synopsis of the first ep or read some random pages from the manga/novel.

In short, the problem of this thread is that is pretty useless. It doesn't even try to raise a discussion because it is the list of the anime that person "X" doesn't like and does not want to give an opportunity. So if person "Y" say something "NO THAT ANIME IS GOOD WATCH IT" it still useless because the thread is clearly the shows that people don't want to watch even if they have good scores.
Feb 3, 2019 2:47 PM
Jul 2018
I don't know, if I should try Haibane Renmai one day, because I didn't like some similar things. For example, I started Texhnolyze, but never got motivated to watch more than ca 5 episodes, although I really liked Ergo Proxy and found Serial Experiments Lain interesting at least. But I found this one and Lain (a little bit) dry and I might think that Haibane Renmai is dry too.

Jojo, because I saw some scenes and so I know it's definitely not for me. And Gintama for similar reasons.

Haikyuu and Kuroko no Basket, because I don't like ball sport too much, so I won't be interested in their long, overdone matches. Same for others and anime involving soccer.
I might try Ashita no Joe although I don't like boxing and hope, they will keep their matches short.

Food Wars, because I just can't be interested into starting it.

Nichijou and Azumango Daioh, because I know that I won't like it and I won't dislike an anime that doesn't seem to be not bad at all and is just not for me.
So, also everything similar to K-On with too cute characters.

Anime with a very ecchi cover etc.
Feb 3, 2019 2:48 PM

Dec 2018
Psajdak said:

Re:Zero wasn't that great, not going to lie. But I'm pretty sure it's one of the more popular series so if you want to talk with other weebs, this is a good place to have some experience/background knowledge.
It had it's nice moments, but mostly felt dragged. A lot of pieces of the story is also never explained and/or finished so that sucks.

Psajdak said:
Monogatari series. People tell me all the time that this is harem franchise that is actually awesome, and I say, sorry folks, but I have no interest in one guy being sorrounded by beautiful girls, unless he is an orc, pig orc, middle aged school janitor, evil warlord who enslaved the entire Holy Elven Forest, or Ryuichi Kaizu from Aoki Hono, or simply just random evil demon with tentacles.

Have you seen Rascal Does not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai? It's an anime very similar to the Monogatari series. Both are about how different people go through strange supernatural like events but all in the reality of our world. Honestly, I wouldn't consider either one of them harem because a) the MC guy actually chooses a girl right off the bat and b) it's focus isn't on how a bunch of girls like one guy. I would give them a chance for sure. I'm not a fan of harem either and these shows have more a mystery/drama vibe, not a romance/ecchi vibe.

Psajdak said:
Kimi no Na wa. Because it's made by Makoto Shinkai, and it's probably one more of his movies filled with disgusting feels, and melodrama, and I'm at that point in life when I just don't want stuff that makes me feel bad, and down.

Personally haven't seen that one, but if you're saying that you avoid it cause of the feels, you should see it. Feels are something to be appreciated cause it shows that the writer/staff did a good job.
Gradon4141Feb 28, 2019 4:29 PM
Feb 3, 2019 2:48 PM

May 2009
This is probably a listing thread.

But anyway.

Yes, there are some. Because, inevitably, if anyone hangs out in the anime fandom for more than a little while, one ends up with a list of possibly-interesting series that's far too long to ever finish watching. So one way of paring it down is to say "no matter how much other people recommend [series], I probably won't ever watch it and I should stop fooling myself into thinking that I will".

This is where Anime-Planet's "Won't Watch" list feature comes in handy.
https://www.anime-planet.com/users/GlennMagusHarvey/anime/wontwatch

Right now I have the following on there:
Air
Clannad
Kanon
Attack on Titan
*monogatari series
Code Geass
Death Note
Elfen Lied
Excel Saga
FLCL
Gintama
Higurashi
Is it wrong to try to pick up girls in a dungeon? (ironically, I watched its spinoff Sword Oratoria)
KonoSuba
Mai Otome
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Rosario + Vampire
Strike Witches
The Irregular at Magic High School

There are others but I don't really care enough to purposely seek them out just to put them on this list.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Feb 3, 2019 2:54 PM
May 2018
Rowan_F said:
I'm sorry, but I can't help but read your username as Pat Sajak.
It's pronounced Psyduck.

Not sure if you are familiar with Pokemon, though...
Feb 3, 2019 3:05 PM
Jan 2018
Anything with a prohibitively large amount of episodes. Other than that, anything is fair game. Refusing to watch anime based off of genres or the premise is dumb because you never know how the show may subvert that genre. For example, the Monogatari series may technically be a harem, but it sure doesn't feel like one because the romance is only a small part of its narrative. You wouldn't know that though, because you have so childishly refused to watch it outright.
Anime is trash and so am I
Feb 3, 2019 3:17 PM

Feb 2015
I feel like I'll never watch Death Note. It just feels so not-my-type and I know what's the plot more less about + some major spoilers since that series is quite old. I don't mind darker and/or more serious shows but there's just something really unappealing in DN.
I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Thought: How many people sparked H. Charlotta just for blue pot?
Feb 3, 2019 3:19 PM

Oct 2011
so you hate anime, that's basically 99% of anime, lul
Feb 3, 2019 3:21 PM

Nov 2017
stuff like dragon ball, naruto, jojo, one piece, hxh, pokemon, cowboy bebop, fairy tail, bleach

plz @ me
Feb 3, 2019 3:21 PM

May 2016
I've never watched Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, etc. those kind of shows (battle shounen?) excluding Fairy Tail.

Probably never will, mainly based on art and length.

Re:Zero is kinda up to personal enjoyment. I can see why people don't like it. Ditto NGNL

Kimi no Na wa is great though, although your qualms with Shinkai's works do (mostly) apply to this movie too.

Feb 3, 2019 3:23 PM

Nov 2018
I don't watch anything Yuri bc well I don't like the genre but man, you sound biased as hell. I mean not liking a genre and trying to avoid sth is normal but saying you wont give anything a chance that is made by an animator.. That's still understandable in some regards though, but saying "No Game No Life. Not even sure what this is all about, but seems to be harem, so, by default garbage." is plain stupid. Nothing is garbage by default just because it belongs to a genre you dont like. Thats like saying well I dont like pineapple pizza so every pizza sucks. Doesnt make sense, does it?
Feb 3, 2019 3:23 PM

Apr 2018
I will never watch Detective Conan, simply because it's too goddamn long and both the premise and art style are unappealing to me.

Yuri on Ice! and other yaoi stuff just 'cause that genre isn't for me.

Ashita no Joe, Haikyuu, Kuroko no Basket and other sports anime. I don't really care if they have a legitimately good, dramatic story; if it is centered around sports, i won't like it.

Feb 3, 2019 3:25 PM
Jul 2018
Good choice, cause most of them suck!

Probably popular moeshit or idol crap. Like love live clones, I'm never gonna watch those again!
Feb 3, 2019 3:28 PM

Jul 2017
Not specific shows, but the Shoujo Ai genre as a whole. Seen a few and wasn't really into it idk, yuri love isn't really my cup of tea ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Would also include Shounen Ai, but I haven't seen really much to make any judgement over it
Feb 3, 2019 3:35 PM

May 2018
That's a shame, Monogatari series and Kimi no Na Wa are exquisite things. No Game No Life isn't that bad, but is skippable, so whatever. Re:Zero isn't that bad either, probably just skippable like No Game No Life, but by avoiding them it may be possible that you're missing something that otherwise would be enjoyable for you. That's your choice of course, but I think is a stupid reasoning to just avoid them by the sake of it.

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Feb 3, 2019 3:44 PM

Nov 2009
Literally the only thing I won't watch is torture porn. I don't particularly avoid anything else. I've noticed a deficiency in male idol, mecha, and sports anime on my completed list, so the next set of titles I'll watch will be correcting this.

I like variety to keep anime fresh for me, and there's nothing I won't give a chance. There are many titles I thought I wouldn't like and then ended up loving (or at least enjoying), and there were titles I was certain I would like that I didn't end up liking at all, therefore I don't see a point in avoiding anything. My initial judgement isn't that great, and I'd rather spend time watching anime than heavily researching it.
Feb 3, 2019 4:02 PM

Oct 2010
I won't be that picky in 2 years or so after I finish all my PTW list. I need my anime dose. You are missing a lot by not watching DxD
Feb 3, 2019 6:04 PM
YouTuber / VA

Aug 2017
Psajdak said:

Stuff that adapts Reki Kawahara's works, although I did see first 13 episodes of SAO, and entire AW series, and AW OVA...
But I learned my lesson.

High School DxD. From what I know, the only good thing about this are hentai fanarts.

No Game No Life. Not even sure what this is all about, but seems to be harem, so, by default garbage.

There is probably a lot more, but I'm bored to mention it all.

Do you folks also have stuff that you will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever give even a tiny bit of your attention, no matter how much others praise it.

Enjoy in thread.

This feels like a troll post meant to bait people...
1. If Sword Art Online and Accel World were truly bad they wouldn't be so damn popular; they have their strong points and are great for beginners.
2. I absolutely loathe Ecchi humor but even I have Highschool DxD on my Plan To Watch list. It's supposed to be a really good show even for Ecchi haters.
3. Monogatari is far from what I consider a harem anime and whilst it may be totally overrated and have some really pretentious fans; it's a genuinely decent show. Most of it was fairly average but the first season was great and holy shit Owari Monogatari is easily one of the best seasons of an anime I've ever seen.
4. Kimi no Na Wa didn't feel all that sad to me or even all that melodramatic. Definitely overrated (A Silent Voice is WAY better); but it was still a great movie.
5. No Game No Life is not a harem anime haha what the fuck, it's a Thriller and it's fantastic. It does have some annoying fan service but it's still great.

I tend to dislike Slice Of Life, Sports, Sci-Fi, and Ecchi shows yet I'm willing to give any series a try and as a result I've found some fantastic gems in those genres despite going in skeptical. Like I couldn't in a million years have imagined myself watching an Idol show, that stuff is generally such trash, yet like many others last season I gave Zombieland Saga a try because the premise sounded interesting and it turned out to be great. You should really consider being open minded about these shows. You may not enjoy them, but guess what? You may also end up loving them. It's worth a shot.

Arkab said:
I have three titles in mind and all of them share the same reason: unappealing artwork:

- One Piece
- Ping Pong the Animation
- JoJo Bizarre Adventures

I don't care the high scores and praise. Artwork is my first filter; it's the first thing impacting my enjoyment, so if I don't like it, with all certainty I'm not going to enjoy anything from the show.

This is a perfect example. I was highly skeptical going into Ping Pong as I'm really not a fan of sports anime and the art of this show was a major turnoff at first. Yet I gave it a shot and by the end I actually found myself loving the artstyle and the show turned out to easily be one of the best shows I've ever watched. JoJo is similar, the toxic fanbase really made me not want to give it a chance, and admittedly most of the series was pretty mediocre; but the Diamond Is Unbreakable season was easily one of the most well executed shows I've ever seen. It was incredibly fun with fantastic characters and definitely is one of my top shows.
KyotosomoFeb 3, 2019 6:15 PM
Feb 3, 2019 6:06 PM

May 2017
Thanks for letting me know, really appreciate it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2019 6:19 PM
May 2016
your threads really confuse me...
but no, there is no anime i flat out refuse to watch, don't know why i would either, i try to give everything an equal chance. i can't definitively say whether or not i'll like an anime without actually watching it at all
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » What position do you watch anime in?

Spunkert - Yesterday

18 by Daviljoe193 »»
9 minutes ago

» peak piece

Cyborgium - Mar 28

6 by SnipeStrike »»
14 minutes ago

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - Yesterday

30 by Vendicator »»
15 minutes ago

» For those who ever rewatch anything, are there any anime you can't really casually rewatch in whole or in part due to intensity?

WatchTillTandava - 3 hours ago

6 by BirdyTheMighty »»
17 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

113 by DigiCat »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.