Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 3, 2019 5:18 AM

Nov 2007
During the "A3! BLOOMING LIVE 2019" event on Sunday, it was announced that Liber Entertainment Inc.'s smartphone game A3! has an anime adaptation in the works. The official website was also launched and announced the staff members.

Synopsis
"Director! Please help us bloom!"

In Tokyo, there is a place called Velude Way. It is a district notorious for its performers and theatrical groups. Izumi Tachibana, who was previously a stage actress, arrives with a letter that reads, "Full of debt! Zero customers! Only one actor!" It describes the current state of the once-popular theater group Mankai Company. Her task is to rebuild the company to its former glory as the new owner and chief director.

Staff
Director: Keisuke Shinohara (Black fox)
Original Character Design: Ryou Fujiwara (Hakuouki Shinsengumi Kitan manga art)
Character Design, Chief Animation Director: Mariko Komatsu (Nanatsu no Taizai Movie: Tenkuu no Torawarebito supportive animation director)
Series Composition: Naoki Hayashi (Black Fox)
Producer: Infinite
Studio: P.A. Works x Studio 3Hz

Game Cast
Spring:
Sakuya Sakuma: Koudai Sakai (Hyakuren no Haou to Seiyaku no Valkyria)
Masumi Usui: Yuusuke Shirai (IDOLiSH7)
Tsuzuru Minagi: Koutarou Nishiyama (Gakuen Babysitters)
Itaru Chigasaki: Shintaro Asanuma (Seitokai Yakuindomo series)
Citron: Masashi Igarashi (King of Prism series)
Chikage Utsuki: Wataru Hatano (Tsukiuta. The Animation)

Summer:
Tenma Sumeragi: Takuya Eguchi (Tsukipro The Animation)
Yuki Rurikawa: Shunichi Toki (The iDOLM@STER SideM)
Muku Sakisaka: Yoshitaka Yamaya (Isshuukan Friends.)
Misumi Ikaruga: Daisuke Hirose (Oushitsu Kyoushi Heine series)
Kazunari Miyoshi: Ren Ozawa Uta no☆Prince♪ series stage)
Kumon Hyoudou: Tasuku Hatanaka (Mirai no Mirai)

Autumn:
Banri Settsu: Chiharu Sawashiro (Marginal#4: Kiss kara Tsukuru Big Bang)
Juuza Hyoudou: Shunsuke Takeuchi (Yume Oukoku to Nemureru 100-nin no Ouji-sama: Short Stories)
Taichi Nanao: Kento Hama (Touken Ranbu franchise)
Omi Fushimi: Kentarou Kumagai (Grancrest Senki)
Sakyou Furuichi: Yuichi Hose (Ensemble Stars!)
Azami Izumida: Seiya Konichi (B-PROJECT stage)

Winter:
Tsumugi Tsukioka: Atsushi Tamaru (Meganebu!)
Tasuku Takatou: Takuya Satou (Senjuushi)
Hisoka Mikage: Junta Terashima (The iDOLM@STER SideM: Wake Atte Mini!)
Homare Arisugawa: Toshiyuki Toyonaga (Yuri!!! on Ice)
Azuma Yukishiro: Tetsuya Kakihara (Code:Realize - Sousei no Himegimi)
Guy: Satoshi Hino (Toaru Majutsu no Index series)

A3! (Act! Addict! Actors!) is a smart phone game that was released by Liber Entertainment Inc. in January 2017. Since launch, the game has over 5.5 million downloads. The franchise has a total of 16 CDs, a two-volume manga by Yoshimi Muneyama that was serialized in Comic ZERO-SUM, and two stage plays. The first stage play that features the Spring & Summer groups took place between June to July and October to November of last year, and second stage play, that featured the Autumn & Winter groups, is currently taking place until March 24.

Teaser

Official site: https://www.a3-animation.jp/
Official Twitter: @mankai_anime

Source: Comic Natalie

A3! on MAL
Sakana-sanDec 8, 2019 10:56 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 3, 2019 5:26 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Synopsis reminds me Sekkou Boys but with real boys.
Feb 3, 2019 5:29 AM

May 2015
I'm not surprised in the slightest considering how popular it is, it only felt like a matter of time. Can't wait to see Yuki animated.

I hope HypMic is the next popular franchise to get one.

♡ artist
サコ
Feb 3, 2019 5:37 AM

Aug 2017
The manga seems so bad, that even our lord Stark stopped posting chapter discussions. Skipppp
ItsYaBoiSkanaFeb 3, 2019 8:53 AM
Feb 3, 2019 6:29 AM

Aug 2015
First the English game, and now anime..... This sure is got really popular huh... I still remember the time when it just appeared on qooApp.. too bad I'm not interested at that time... •w•

Idolish7 English Game... WHEN??!

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Feb 3, 2019 6:33 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Looks like a waste of really good studios for what seems like another shitty sausage fest smartphone game adaptation
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Feb 3, 2019 6:35 AM
May 2016
This sound really really really gay
Feb 3, 2019 7:54 AM

Jun 2014
This is the one with the hot blonde boy with the fedora, right?

I would watch this, but if it ends up having a female protagonist, I won't.

Feb 3, 2019 8:06 AM
Nov 2009
Is this an otome game? I hope it will have a good adaptation..
Feb 3, 2019 8:09 AM
♡ jeno

Apr 2013
Seiya said:

if it follows the game, it will have a female protagonist because she's literally the director and owner of the agency. idk why you hating on having a female protagonist. also if the synopsis is also for the anime, then its 100% sure that it will have izumi as the female protagonist

this opinion aside, its my favorite mobile game so im really happy it gets an anime adaption! like mentioned above, if it follows the game, theres gonna be lots of character development, which I look forward to. also since someone asked: its not an otome game. the only person who has openly romantic feelings for izumi is masumi. otherwise she just gets treated as the director or just simply as a friend.
mutsukiiFeb 3, 2019 8:14 AM

deliveries here please
forum set by me

+card permits

Feb 3, 2019 8:14 AM

Jun 2014
mutsukii said:
Seiya said:

if it follows the game, it will have a female protagonist because she's literally the director and owner of the agency. idk why you hating on having a female protagonist. also if the synopsis is also for the anime, then its 100% sure that it will have izumi as the female protagonist

I like watching Anime with an all-male cast, because in the back of my mind, I can pretend that they're all gay with each other. A female protagonist ruins that immersion, because she's in the way.

Feb 3, 2019 8:18 AM
♡ jeno

Apr 2013
Seiya said:
mutsukii said:

I like watching Anime with an all-male cast, because in the back of my mind, I can pretend that they're all gay with each other. A female protagonist ruins that immersion, because she's in the way.

idk if this is a troll or if youre being serious but in case you're serious or if literally anyone shares that simple mindset

literally only masumi openly treats her as a person of romantic interest. the rest mainly see her just as a friend or as the director/owner. sakyo may be the only other one being romantically interested in her. also even with her in the game, there are quite a few "bro" or even kinda "gay" scenes between the guys. izumi is basically the only female so idk why you should base your watching enjoyment on ONE female character who literally is the reason, these boys are even together.

deliveries here please
forum set by me

+card permits

Feb 3, 2019 8:20 AM

Jun 2014
mutsukii said:
Seiya said:

idk if this is a troll or if youre being serious but in case you're serious or if literally anyone shares that simple mindset

literally only masumi openly treats her as a person of romantic interest. the rest mainly see her just as a friend or as the director/owner. sakyo may be the only other one being romantically interested in her. also even with her in the game, there are quite a few "bro" or even kinda "gay" scenes between the guys. izumi is basically the only female so idk why you should base your watching enjoyment on ONE female character who literally is the reason, these boys are even together.

Because I'm male, and I don't like females. Isn't there enough Anime with female characters already?

I loved "Dream Festival," because there were no girls there. Why can't there be more Anime like that?

Feb 3, 2019 8:25 AM
♡ jeno

Apr 2013
Seiya said:
mutsukii said:

Because I'm male, and I don't like females. Isn't there enough Anime with female characters already?

I loved "Dream Festival," because there were no girls there. Why can't there be more Anime like that?

lmaoooo theres literally 20+ dudes in this game/anime and ONE female, why tf u whining about it

deliveries here please
forum set by me

+card permits

Feb 3, 2019 8:36 AM

Jun 2014
mutsukii said:
Seiya said:

lmaoooo theres literally 20+ dudes in this game/anime and ONE female, why tf u whining about it

I just don't like women being "In the way" of the hot guys, even if it's just one.

I refuse to watch IDOLiSH7 for the same reason.

Feb 3, 2019 8:45 AM
♡ jeno

Apr 2013
Seiya said:
mutsukii said:

I just don't like women being "In the way" of the hot guys, even if it's just one.

like I already said, she‘s not in the way. she is literally the reason the boys even know eachother, the reason these boys even are together. she literally is the reason that 90% of the guys are acting in HER agency. also she is not in the way due to her being treated as a FRIEND by nearly all of them except maybe TWO guys. gals and girls can be friends, so i still dont understand how you would think she is in the way, my dude. really hope ensemble stars is gonna adapt anzu as the protagonist so you cant watch that one either then. because its gonna be 30+ dudes and 1 girl. :/
ps i know this is probz a troll due to your favs being mainly grills, however theres people who do think that simple minded way so leggo
mutsukiiFeb 3, 2019 8:49 AM

deliveries here please
forum set by me

+card permits

Feb 3, 2019 9:00 AM

Jun 2014
mutsukii said:
Seiya said:

like I already said, she‘s not in the way. she is literally the reason the boys even know eachother, the reason these boys even are together. she literally is the reason that 90% of the guys are acting in HER agency. also she is not in the way due to her being treated as a FRIEND by nearly all of them except maybe TWO guys. gals and girls can be friends, so i still dont understand how you would think she is in the way, my dude. really hope ensemble stars is gonna adapt anzu as the protagonist so you cant watch that one either then. because its gonna be 30+ dudes and 1 girl. :/
ps i know this is probz a troll due to your favs being mainly grills, however theres people who do think that simple minded way so leggo

Don't call me "dude." I find that offensive.

And no, I'm not trolling. I don't mind female characters in other things, but not in something centered around hot guys. Hot guys are supposed to be gay.

Feb 3, 2019 9:22 AM
Jan 2019
P.A. Works and 3Hz,very interesting junction! I'll take a look at the anime when you leave.
Feb 3, 2019 9:36 AM
May 2016
Seiya said:
mutsukii said:

Maybe you should stik with yaoi game adaptations. Like Dramatical Murder or Togainu no chi.
This is otome game adaptation so you are not the target audience.
Feb 3, 2019 9:39 AM

Jun 2014
ninka22 said:
Seiya said:

Maybe you should stik with yaoi game adaptations. Like Dramatical Murder or Togainu no chi.
This is otome game adaptation so you are not the target audience.

That depends. I don't watch or read anything with sex in it. Some BL adaptations tone that stuff down, but overall, only a very small amount of it gets turned into Anime.

Also, I'm aware that I'm not the "Target Audience," but you need to realize that there "should" be more all-hot-boy stuff aimed towards guys, but none of it really is, because Japan is still very backwards when it comes to LGBT rights.

Feb 3, 2019 10:46 AM
Aug 2016
my fav mobage is gonna be animated. yay !!
i hope it will be in good hands
i hope izumi chan gets to be in the anime. my precious director

to anybody wondering nope its not an otome game ; but there are otome elements towards the director >////<

Feb 3, 2019 11:06 AM

Feb 2011
Wow, this is really exciting! I have Ensemble Stars and now A3! to look forward to.
眠れないのは君のせい
Feb 3, 2019 11:56 AM
May 2016
DUDE I WAS PRAYING FOR A3! TO GET AN ANIME AND IT'S REALLY HAPPENING 😭😭😭 MY WISH CAME TRUE 🅱️OI AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YALL DON'T KNOW HOW HAPPY I AM 😭😭😭 I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE MY BABY MISUMI ANIMATED 🔺️ SANKAKU SANKAKU 🔻
Feb 3, 2019 12:29 PM
♡ jeno

Apr 2013
Seiya said:
mutsukii said:

And no, I'm not trolling. I don't mind female characters in other things, but not in something centered around hot guys. Hot guys are supposed to be gay.

its not centered around hot guys, its centered around acting.
and hot guys are not supposed to be gay
hot guys are supposed to be whatever the fuck they want and in this case theyre supposed to be in an agency with a female director, get over it.

deliveries here please
forum set by me

+card permits

Feb 3, 2019 12:31 PM

Jun 2014
mutsukii said:
Seiya said:

hot guys are supposed to be whatever the fuck they want and in this case theyre supposed to be in an agency with a female director, get over it.

I didn't watch Dream Festival for the storyline. I watched it because the guys are hot. Nobody really cares about the storyline in this sort of Anime. It's just eye candy.

Feb 3, 2019 12:38 PM
♡ jeno

Apr 2013
Seiya said:
mutsukii said:

I didn't watch Dream Festival for the storyline. I watched it because the guys are hot. Nobody really cares about the storyline in this sort of Anime. It's just eye candy.

maybe you shouldnt fetishize all guys, just sayin

deliveries here please
forum set by me

+card permits

Feb 3, 2019 12:40 PM

Jun 2014
mutsukii said:
Seiya said:

A lot of women watching this stuff do it. Why can't I?

I'm not attracted to real-life guys because they're too manly looking. I like to be able to enjoy looking at girly Anime guys.

Feb 3, 2019 12:43 PM

May 2016
Ahhh I’m really excited for this!! I get to see my best boys Mukkun & Taichi animated. I really hope Izumi is in it because the story wouldn’t make sense without her.
Feb 3, 2019 2:04 PM
May 2007
I'm overwhelmed. I'm shaking. Best news! Finally it's happening. PV looks so good. No butchered art like in Dynamic Chord. I can breathe again. I'm alive. Yes!

Seiya said:

Please stop.
What are you doing here whining about female managers/protagonists? I'm shooked you sound like my ultimate enemy. What made Dream Festival! is everything and not only the boys. I personally think it had a better story more than SideM or Tsukiuta could offer.
Feb 3, 2019 3:42 PM

Jun 2015
AAAAAAAAAAAAA I CAN FINALLY SEE MINAGI-SENSEI'S BUTAI IN ANIME VERSION AAAAAA AND IT'S PA WORKS X 3HZ TOO IM CRYING 😭😭😭😭

I really hope they'll stay true to the game storyline, and if the description on MAL is true then WE CAN SEE QUEEN IZUMI I'M------ 😭😭😭💕💕💕 yas for best heroine YAS!!

Tbh kinda wondering how much they'll adapt...

Also for people saying this is either gonna be reverse harem or fujobait, bah, don't worry. I dislike both of those and I love A3 to bits. Izumi's not your usual fem protag (if she's in the anime, WHICH I HOPE SHE WILL), and I don't think the mobage main and event story line has big fujo contents. It's just like any of your usual sports anime with big fujobase; the "BL" scenes can only be seen if you equip your "fujo glasses".

Edit: I CANT WAIT TO INCLUDE TSUZURUN ON MY FAV LIST. MAL CMON AND MAKE HIM AVAILABLE ALREADYYYY!!!!!
Echo Protection Squad | Bamco pls give Kresnik Bros happiness

Despair cause: dying children everywhere | ShinAya is important
―living a maso shipper life since 89.57% of her OTPs are Doomed by Canon―
Feb 3, 2019 5:32 PM

Feb 2015
@mutsukii that guy isn't the only one who dislikes female lead in games with all male cast, tho I also dislike a male protag with all female cast. I generally dislike "romances" and if there's any hint of it, my enjoyment will drop. I want everyone to act as professionally as possible and even if they are actually dating in private life, I want none of that to be shown because that's just not something I cater to.

On topic, character art in that vid's ugly and designs aren't standing out to me at all so, as for now, I most likely won't pick it up.
I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Thought: How many people sparked H. Charlotta just for blue pot?
Feb 3, 2019 9:51 PM
♡ jeno

Apr 2013
Hakaminah said:
@mutsukii that guy isn't the only one who dislikes female lead in games with all male cast, tho I also dislike a male protag with all female cast. I generally dislike "romances" and if there's any hint of it, my enjoyment will drop. I want everyone to act as professionally as possible and even if they are actually dating in private life, I want none of that to be shown because that's just not something I cater to.

On topic, character art in that vid's ugly and designs aren't standing out to me at all so, as for now, I most likely won't pick it up.

there‘s a difference between disliking a female lead in an otherwise all male cast, because you think its due to professionalism and just because you want to have gay fantasies about anime guys. there will be drops of romance, especially from masumi since his first reasoning for joining the agency is due to him falling in love with izumi on first sight. HOWEVER he comes to genuinely love acting as acting and not just for izumi but for himself. if you dont like romance, then thats okay. youre not forced to like it or watch it. however whining (im talking about seiya, not you here) about there being a female lead because you want to have gay fantasies is just gross.

deliveries here please
forum set by me

+card permits

Feb 3, 2019 9:55 PM
♡ jeno

Apr 2013
Seiya said:
mutsukii said:

I'm not attracted to real-life guys because they're too manly looking. I like to be able to enjoy looking at girly Anime guys.

like I said, theres 20+ guys in it and ONE female character. if you cant „enjoy looking at girly anime guys“ because of one female, then I feel sorry for you. also I dont see anyone fetishizing the guys to being gay for eachother in here, only you. in animes like free, i also saw lots of people liking gou for example or in knb momo and riko or alex, no one was whining about them being „in the way“ of their „gay ship“. youre what, 30? why are you acting like a 12 year old who got an iphone 6s instead of an iphone X?

deliveries here please
forum set by me

+card permits

Feb 4, 2019 8:05 AM

Jun 2014
mutsukii said:
Seiya said:

like I said, theres 20+ guys in it and ONE female character. if you cant „enjoy looking at girly anime guys“ because of one female, then I feel sorry for you. also I dont see anyone fetishizing the guys to being gay for eachother in here, only you. in animes like free, i also saw lots of people liking gou for example or in knb momo and riko or alex, no one was whining about them being „in the way“ of their „gay ship“. youre what, 30? why are you acting like a 12 year old who got an iphone 6s instead of an iphone X?

Well, I never watched Free for the same reason. Instead, I bought a figure of Makoto to ogle at.

Calm down.

Feb 4, 2019 5:17 PM

Nov 2007
Event report
https://www.animatetimes.com/news/details.php?id=1549270838
Feb 8, 2019 12:46 AM

Dec 2009
SO SO PROUD OF A3!!!!!!! Ive been playing it ever since the game released and THEY'VE GONE SO FAR! When reading the story I kept thinking about how wonderful it would be if it was an anime!!! I haven't really read the comments because I'm expecting tons of guys hating on it (sorry if I'm wrong! I haven't looked for reals because I don't want to dampen my mood atm because I'm really happy!) BUT. A3 is a really really good game, the story was excellent so I'm expecting (hoping for) a very good adaptation!

I mean it's about acting and plays! Honestly, it might be a little cheesy but it'll be so interesting watching them practice (especially since (some characters) acting are bad at the start so the voice actors have to act well to act like they're bad! (sorry if it doesn't make sense my mind probably isnt functioning properly now!)

Anyways looking forward to Masumi and Itaru so much! And Hisoka, Homare, Banri and Azuma and tbh so many people I want to see moving! I really hope they do well!
Mar 18, 2019 5:25 AM

Nov 2007
Radio show starting April 6
https://twitter.com/mankai_joqr
Mar 22, 2019 7:55 PM

Nov 2007
Jan 4, 2020 4:11 PM

Dec 2014
CAN WE GET BACKSTAGE STORIES AS SHORT SPECIALS?!?
PLEASE GIVE US THE CUTENESS OF BACKSTAGE STORIESSSSSS
(khmTenmaplayingwithakittypls)
Jan 5, 2020 8:48 AM

Jan 2018
i love the game and i have a feeling this adaptation is going to be so trash lol,, probably going to be a guilty pleasure for me

also masumi best boi

More topics from this board

» 'High Card' Gets New Episode

DatRandomDude - Mar 25

3 by Memore »»
3 hours ago

» '30-sai made Doutei dato Mahoutsukai ni Nareru Rashii' Gets Compilation Movie in 2024

DatRandomDude - 12 hours ago

5 by Memore »»
3 hours ago

» Netflix Produces 'Hanma Baki vs. Kengan Ashura' Anime Movie

Hyperion_PS - Mar 22

7 by malvarez1 »»
6 hours ago

» 'Kami no Tou' 2nd Season Announces New Staff, Supporting Cast, Theme Songs

DatRandomDude - Mar 22

2 by malvarez1 »»
6 hours ago

» Manga 'Houseki no Kuni' Concludes Serialization

Vindstot - Mar 25

30 by GL_ »»
Yesterday, 7:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.