Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 14, 2018 1:29 AM

Jan 2013
The younger girl is basically asexual and that's ok.
Let's make it clear: the plot is boring and recycled (high school, love, i like you/i dont) but the music and visuals are on point. I love the aesthetics.

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Oct 14, 2018 5:37 AM

Oct 2016
anyone here well-versed with hanakotoba (flower language)? i'm pretty sure each flower arent just for decorative purpose but comes with a deeper meaning in persona. it could help to summarize the OP in-depth

also the masks at end OP were a nice symbolism. theres a lot of that element as this drama goes on. hiding relationships (even if one-sided), feelings, crushes. while the drama focuses on touko and nanami, other chars are involved as well. the masks are also hints for incoming theater (if the series covers till that point tho).

the OP singer gave me Sakamoto Maaya vibes. really similar and great. perfect fit.

Oct 14, 2018 7:35 AM

May 2015
Lovely. Art is very beautiful, I like how they emphasize special moments as if they are somehow magical, they probably should feel that way in real life too.
And the fact this story explores feelings of not understanding special feelings, oh, it's just precious.
Oct 14, 2018 8:34 AM

Jun 2013
The opening is pretty good
Oct 14, 2018 10:38 AM

Apr 2012
Well, although I didn't read the original manga, I liked how the anime develops. It really looks like a good romantic show, not a lesbian fetish milking. TROYCA definitely found the right direction.

thatPinkSpider said:
Let's make it clear: the plot is boring and recycled (high school, love, i like you/i dont) but the music and visuals are on point. I love the aesthetics.

We are not told anything about the presence or absence of her sexual desire in general. MC is more worried about the "impossibility" of a romantic experience.
Oct 14, 2018 1:03 PM

Sep 2015
I am definitely impressed with the way the studio handles this adaptation. It's visually stunning with a lot of great shot composition and good light management, there's a lot of work put into visual storytelling.

I hope the show will keep this level of quality until the end.

Also the opening is great, the song as well as the visuals.
Oct 14, 2018 2:35 PM

Oct 2017
this op song...........FIND THE NOTE GIRL. FIND THE NOTE
[url=https://myanimelist.net/profile/mifti]
[/url]
Oct 14, 2018 3:23 PM

Apr 2018
RobertBobert said:

thatPinkSpider said:

We are not told anything about the presence or absence of her sexual desire in general. MC is more worried about the "impossibility" of a romantic experience.

I feel like thatPinkSpider might've meant aromantic and got a bit confused, in which case I'd argue that an aro reading of Yuu is not beyond the realms of possibility and in fact makes perfect sense. I very much doubt that this is the interpretation the anime will be going with, but atm I have to agree with it.
Oct 14, 2018 3:30 PM

Oct 2017
i'm........idk. i have mixed feelings. because like as a narrative i think the whole relationship dynamics is a little forced but at the same time i know from experience that there is such a thing as a black-haired teenage girl who felt fulfilled just by having a crush, having someone to dream about, having this feeling to inspire you -- me! i used to be EXACTLY like that in high school. i confessed many times to many people lol but every crush i had i was like. "don't worry about not corresponding to my feelings. i'm happy just liking you and i think you deserved to know i like you. but this is not a call to action". needless to say that attitude didn't get me laid BUT my point here is that it's believable for me, personally, because i identify with her, but at the same time, to be honest, i get the feeling that the plot is a little too rushed and confusing and too........convenient. but everything is beautifully done and the soundtrack really gets me going so i'll keep watching
[url=https://myanimelist.net/profile/mifti]
[/url]
Oct 14, 2018 3:40 PM

Apr 2012
@elany Well, I agree that there is a certain opportunity, especially when she was disappointed and said “I thought she was like me”, but personally, I rather see it as an attempt to write a realistic romance about inexperienced teens than anything else.

Oct 14, 2018 4:03 PM

Mar 2016
Isax said:
I don't know if there is anyone who plays Kingdom Hearts here , but at 7:37 the soundtrack played is very similar to the twilight town theme

I am so glad someone else noticed this! It is a beautiful piece that is very relaxing don't get me wrong, but every time it comes on I can only think "This sounds exactly like Lazy Afternoons. Why does this sound like Lazy Afternoons? I should play Kingdom Hearts 2 again." This isn't exactly a deal breaker for me or anything as the directing, visuals, score, and characters are far too interesting for me to pass up, but it keeps pulling me out of the scenes that I so desperately want to be invested in.
Like it or not, these four years of high school will really fly by. How you spend them is up to you. You can focus on your studies, do your best at sports, or goof off the entire time. Everything goes. The most important thing is that, for the four years you spend in this school, you enjoy yourself each and every day. Fun makes might! Fun makes right! And fun is infinite! Over the next four years, eat, sleep, and enjoy yourselves to your heart’s content. That is all! Sweet! I just said something cool! I said something cool… right?
-Mato Katori, Amanchu!
Oct 14, 2018 9:14 PM
Nov 2015
Uberhappymonkey said:
Isax said:
I don't know if there is anyone who plays Kingdom Hearts here , but at 7:37 the soundtrack played is very similar to the twilight town theme

I am so glad someone else noticed this! It is a beautiful piece that is very relaxing don't get me wrong, but every time it comes on I can only think "This sounds exactly like Lazy Afternoons. Why does this sound like Lazy Afternoons? I should play Kingdom Hearts 2 again." This isn't exactly a deal breaker for me or anything as the directing, visuals, score, and characters are far too interesting for me to pass up, but it keeps pulling me out of the scenes that I so desperately want to be invested in.

i feel you bro, i had to re watch that scene because i lost focus listening to the song.
Oct 14, 2018 9:48 PM

Aug 2017
The kiss in the train scene was unexpected. Nanami read Yuu's mind in the last scene xD. It seems that her feelings are the same. Sayaka is in love with Touko, I guess.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 15, 2018 7:54 AM

Nov 2016
I will say it again, finally another yuri anime with proper characterisation, appropriate for the context.

And the visuals are a big +.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 15, 2018 10:10 AM
Dec 2015
i can relate to yuu's feelings about love and also to the disappointment about not feeling anything although in my case i think its cuz I'm depressed. and i can also relate to being a lesbian. i love that this has the same feel as a lot of other shoujo romances, while also being shoujo ai! i used to fucking love shoujo romances and as a lesbian its nice to see one with the mc and love interest both being girls (: it makes me happy! I'm excited to see where this show goes. also, i think i fell asleep during the episode so i will probably have to rewatch it
Oct 16, 2018 3:36 AM

Oct 2008
kinda weak episode but it was beautiful nevertheless

Oct 16, 2018 11:27 AM

Apr 2015
Look at the first shot of the two from behind when they are walking home, there's a couple walking between them. Still more distant than the couple, perhaps not...later. Note who's closer to the couple..and who's not so much close. Analyze.

Lips angled up, lips angled down. Eyes without the spark. It's the little things that matter. Far from original tropes of course but used very appropriately. Nakatani's such a good writer.
Oct 16, 2018 1:04 PM

Jul 2017
Asexual girl really relatable
Also the train scene was perfect, haven't seen anything on this level in a while.
Oct 17, 2018 3:07 PM

Mar 2010
I'm not sure how I feel about this yet but the opening was really, really, really beautiful.
Oct 17, 2018 7:51 PM

Dec 2016
Wow yeah just based off of these first two episodes it's pretty clear this is an above average romance anime already
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Oct 18, 2018 9:06 AM
Aug 2018
A decent and a good episode overall. But I do think that the kiss scence was somewhat quick in the series. The protagonist's character will be greatly affected by this. This episode is even better and interesting than the last one. This anime is picking my interest as it takes different turns at every moment.

But such a pity , only 13 episodes. I hope that the next episode will be as good as this one or higher .
Overall - 8/ 10
Oct 18, 2018 10:18 AM

Dec 2011
My favorite scenes so far are when Yuu has inner monologues and the show illustrates just what she's feeling through symbolic shadows, distance and water themes. I love the whole elements in nature thing, like the wind blowing, these flowers in the op, the water used for showcasing isolation... I wonder if fire will come into play at some point. Or maybe that 'fire' is the special feelings? Well, lack of.

The light leaving Yuu's eyes in the hand holding scene was the best. I think someone mentioned it already but usually in these situations the girl would get flustered and blushy at someone crushing on them. Seeing the disappointment, guilt and frustration in her face is such a nice and refreshing take.
More realistic as well.
Oct 18, 2018 4:32 PM

Dec 2014
First post, woo~

I've been following the manga for about a year, and I'm pleasantly surprised with the anime. Nakatani Nio is already a fantastic writer, and what they've done with how the anime looks wows me almost everytime. The visuals are fantastic, and helps make important scenes pop out so much more. I loved the kiss scene, it looked so pretty. I really wish this anime had come out when I was a little younger, I think it would've helped me a bit when I was a kid, LOL.
Sidenote, loving the OP and EDs, both musically and visually.

All-in-all, I really can't wait for the next episode. I think they'll be animating one of my favorite scenes from the manga either this episode or the next, so I'm very excited :D
Oct 18, 2018 6:27 PM
Jul 2018
I really have a feeling this show is going to hurt. The train scene was gorgeous, I just love how apathetic Yuu seems to look, but in reality probably isn't. Cannot wait to see more.
Oct 22, 2018 7:36 AM
Apr 2017
Eeee.... Usually, I tend to overrate Yuri... But I still didn't understand the show and didn't find interest in it... Probably gonna drop it next episode
Oct 23, 2018 6:00 PM

Aug 2010
Love the OP song. Another great episode. I feel like everything is on point in this show. The whole mood of this show is captivating.
Oct 23, 2018 10:56 PM
Sep 2018
Apple_BS said:
Eeee.... Usually, I tend to overrate Yuri... But I still didn't understand the show and didn't find interest in it... Probably gonna drop it next episode
To summarize the main theme of this is: what is love and how different interpretation of it effect the characters' relationships.
Nov 27, 2018 8:25 PM

Jul 2009
Liking this a lot. This show's a slow burner for sure, but I'm really enjoying the mellow atmosphere. Most importantly, it's not as pretentious nor obnoxious as most other yuri anime I've seen. The conversation in the cafe was my favorite scene.
Dec 4, 2018 6:27 AM

Jun 2014
To people saying in the thread Yuu's asexual/aromantic - she's only 15, since when all 15 year olds are ready for romance? (especially confused lesbians) I think it's pretty realistic she doesn't feel anything for now.

Her senpai should chill though. I admit their moments last episode were sweet. Also I liked Touko teaching her how to reject a confession. But now pressuring Yuu to help her with elections and the sudden kiss... she apologized in the end but it was still low-key creepy imo. I guess Touko's just confused about her sudden crush too... Hopefully she will be more gentle with Yuu in the future.
Dec 6, 2018 5:55 AM

Jul 2016
I don't understand Yuu. She keeps going back and forth with this.
Dec 6, 2018 6:08 AM
Sep 2018
IpreferEcchi said:
I don't understand Yuu. She keeps going back and forth with this.

She's not really sure of her feelings. She associates romantic feelings with the stereotypes so she's unsure what to do when she doesn't experience them. She wants to be with Touko in the hope that she'll get those feelings.
Dec 13, 2018 7:57 PM

Apr 2014
wow that first kiss was even better here than the manga , just so much more feelings into it

i am loving this Adaptation so much i just hate that its only but so many eps and i can pretty much tell where the anime will end and i really don't want it to end at that part

but anyway this is beautiful and i love it

and also love the OP and ED fits the series really good
"one step at a time"
Dec 23, 2018 4:20 PM

Jan 2012
so the kiss was unexpected but I actually really enjoyed the scene as a whole....

personally I think it's so harsh to allow someone who is in love with you to continue feeling like that when you have told them you won't fall for them or feel the same, but I am guessing the entire theme will be her discovering her love etc so it's necessary this happens to build up for the rest of the season....

it feels very mature and I love how everyone says hoe they are feeling with no drama.... it's refreshing to watch really!
Jan 25, 2019 5:56 PM

Sep 2011
I'm amazed at how much I like the style of this anime so far. Seems pretty unique both in its presentation of feelings and the romance itself. I also liked the opening animation quite a lot, as well as the ending song.
I mean I can guess how this will turn out, but I'm still excited to see how it will happen.
I'm a bit sad for Saeki, and that there is a love triangle, which I can't stand usually, but I hope she won't be in their way for long (both for her and my sake :D).
Jan 30, 2019 7:30 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Seems as if the MC is in love with Book Romance with fireworks, flowers blooming, and little talking forest animals spreading a carpet of flowers at your feet.

Older Girl seems as if she is in love with a Type Romance with the object filling a niche of innocence, inexperience, or just a foggy headed girl that will never be the alpha in a relationship.

Once again, Jordan Hemman did a fantastic job with the subtitles. He is the glue holding this anime together.
Feb 2, 2019 4:23 PM

Oct 2012
How to raise lesbian from hetero in 12 episodes?

I like the atmosphere and the visuals of the show, I really do, but I still can't see the reason why she fallen in love with her so suddenly (and what is her past with Saeki who is definitely jealous of her too because she kissed her unrequitedly before).

I like how daring protagonist is though, it's good she's not shy only as it seemed in the beginning. And maybe this was the love or rather attraction on the first sight, I can understand that. But I still hope there are some expanations attached to all this as I wouldn't want for whole romance to feel shallow.
Feb 3, 2019 2:48 PM

Aug 2018
Hm.. Main heroine says that she doesn't feel anything special, doesn't feel love, right?.. That's interesting.. First time I see this theme in anime, I think.. Relatable.. I wonder, if there are more characters like this, or if other anime touched this topic.. And it's kinda the center, so far it seems to me.. Interesting.. Well, let's see, where this goes.. But it's already good that this topic is being touched, I just hope it doesn't get simplified to some questionable things like "too high expectations".. So far it's not like this.. It's showing, what it is, and it's not only about expectations, but, as I am glad, it's about feeling, or lack of it.. So far.. Hope for more..

Also, more specific scene thought.. It would pain Nanami to hear the answer Koito would give her, for if Nanami can love Koito.. First thought: Is it really up to Koito to decide such things?.. Of course, no, Koito can't forbid to feel in any way.. It's Nanami's feelings, after all.. But support of letting to feel for some reason still is important?.. So let's imagine, if she'd answer, "please don't", what from that?.. I guess, it would pain Nanami that Koito is feeling bad about her feelings?.. But the thing is, that without Koito's answer, Koito is already in some way feeling bad about her feelings - these feelings "bother" her in a way.. .. In the end, I wonder, what kind of pain Nanami is experiencing in the end.. While waiting for Koito's answer.. I don't know definite answer.. But wonder, if it's partly because in situations with unanswered love, there are different kind of scenarios we put ourselves in and stuff, you know?.. Like, maybe you'd decide to pick to move on.. Or choose something else.. Like Nanami is choosing to experience this feeling.. And it is a common scenario to worry about response of another person, even if it might not be really logical?.. In other words, is Nanami doing what her brain remembered what can be done in this situation, without really thinking about it?.. Is it the picked scenario?.. Because in the end I really don't understand, why person would worry if another person would let you to experience your feelings.. Anyway, I've written much, but I doubt I arrived at any conclusion, except that to start with it's not for Koito to decide what another person can feel.. So maybe it's irrational thing to start with.. But for some reason you have to do so, right?.. And feel bad about it, right?.. Or what's happening?.. Hope, noone is offended, I'm just thinking out loud about unreachable things really, maybe would like to reach to understand.. Because now they don't make much sense.. Maybe, there isn't any.. Who knows..
Feb 25, 2019 10:17 PM

Jun 2015
a kiss in only the second episode of a shoujo ai? is this a miracle

Mar 15, 2019 11:53 PM

May 2012
Pacing of this anime is superb! Really like it actually, very interesting development.
Jun 3, 2019 5:21 AM

Sep 2012
her father was hilarious ๐Ÿ˜‚

Mich666 said:
How to raise lesbian from hetero in 12 episodes?

lol sh isn't neither not hetero nor lesbian, she undesided cause she can't feel anything
Sugram22Jun 3, 2019 5:51 AM
Jul 30, 2019 8:42 PM

Jul 2016
I kinda like Koito's voice. It's squeaky, but not like those average shy high-pitched anime girls.
Aug 31, 2019 11:28 AM
Jun 2016
Oh, nice! Touko is the spiker while Sayaka's the setter.

Maki has a different bag from the rest of the students. That's kind of interesting.
Sep 24, 2019 6:15 AM

Dec 2013
I kind of feel bad for Sayaka but she's really nice for accepting and cheering on Yuu. I can somehow relate on how Yuu feels but she's still young so saying she might not fall in love is still early lol I don't think bad for Yuu and how she feels and I like how her feelings are portrayed realistically. On the other hand, I would like to know Touko's POV and how things will develop. And the aesthetic is really awesome

โ˜…โ”โ”โ”€
๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต?
๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ?

Feb 12, 2020 9:00 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
What a follow-up, again, I dunno, but when I read the manga, I wasn't nearly this invested, just perfect execution here.
Maybe because it is an anime, but the sound and movement are selling it to me, making me care more than I ever did with the manga, but I have seen so many manga adaptations, and usually the anime versions don't go beyond that much...

This just feels right, it hits the perfect spot IMO, really no complains so far, I always enjoyed yuri, but this anime adaptation is so subtle with the romance, nothing over melodramatic like Citrus (which was something I loved on Citrus!)... it just reaches out and manages to capture what it wants to convey, you don't need words to understand the emotions they are bottling inside, perfect execution, sublime, divine.
Feb 13, 2020 7:28 PM

Dec 2008
I started watching this show almost purely by chance and I'm really enjoying the shit outta it. This the best yuri show I've watched since Whispered Words-and that's a high bar to get over. And the english dub is exceptional.
Life Is Short But Intense.
Jul 28, 2020 12:16 AM

Sep 2018
"It's the first episode and all, but I have to tell you that I'm falling in love with you, even though I barely know you"

"It's just the 2nd episode and all, but I have to tell you that I now actually love you *kiss*"

Is this the most retarded and rushed development ever? Two overly dense and moronic MCs, great...
Jun 13, 2021 7:07 PM

Jan 2021
I love the opening!!!
Also oh wow I didn’t expect the kissing scene that SOON.
Aug 18, 2021 6:42 AM

Feb 2020
Another nice episode. I liked the opening.

The kiss in the train scene was cute. :3 I didn't expect them to kiss this soon. <3

Again, the animation looks so gorgeous.
Oct 5, 2021 9:00 AM
Aug 2021
Musicwise, the background piano works and the cinematic musics are amazing so far in this anime - at least it does not always go along the most common chord progressions, and it has some very unconventional and tasteful harmonies. The OP ED are also decent.
Everything so far was pretty decent, cool pyschological settings for the two maim characters, so that they can realize and develop the yuri parts of them. At a surface level, these characters are kinda fun, and are kinda normal.
Things just happens pretty fast though, it the sense that in two episodes in, we already got a confession, a kissing (in front of a passing train, very visually satisfying), a hand-holding scene between the two. Although this sets up the stage fast - introducing the campus life,the characters, and the basic relations between them - I hope they take things a bit slower and more delicate on the stories and the character backgrounds later.
This might be a biased wish coming from someone that just watched and enjoyed Adachi to Shimamura which is an anime that has a far much slower pacing without that much a clear direction going to, but for so far it just feels like "oh yeah, these stuffs exists" at this point of the anime, and I could not feel emotionally attached or mentally interested in any of them yet, or find something relatable on a deeper level.
Cabbage_CatOct 5, 2021 10:37 AM
May 6, 2022 2:31 AM
Dec 2018
MrMushin said:
The opening is pretty good, I love its idea and direction.

That kiss scene... I didn't expect it to be this soon, but I did like how it was presented a lot, with the train that covered them and everything.
It seems that Touko is going to be the one who will make the character of Yuu developing through the show.

Not bad at all second episode, I hope the series will continue to be as interesting.

So you aren't gonna address the fact that it was an unwarranted sexual advance, it might be sexual assault at this point. Quite a lot of shoujo manga, gay manga etc have such sexual assault kinda scenes but it's all good since the person assaulting is hot. Disgusting man, so trash.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2018

199 by Worsethansoap »»
Mar 24, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2018

246 by rieeya »»
Feb 28, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2018

89 by CeliaOffcial »»
Jan 22, 3:05 AM

» anime or manga

kotosugu - Oct 12, 2023

17 by Atsunome »»
Jan 10, 8:02 PM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2018

103 by Zora_Brightwood »»
Oct 28, 2023 12:41 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.