Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jan 27, 2019 12:10 PM
Oct 2017
animejas said:
That Chika ED gave me life.

That Ed was soo lit.
Jan 27, 2019 12:58 PM

Jan 2009
Next episode will be chapters 17-20 (yep, 4!). Looking forward to it very much ;)

And wait with the "best girl" proclamations - you've seen nothing yet.
Jan 27, 2019 2:34 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Best episode so far, and all of them have been great... Kaguya's reaction when he said it was a dog, soo disappointed he was right and didnt fall on the trap, CUTE.

There is alot more I could comment, that the episode did great, but I will just that new ED was just amazing, 11/10 animation, very catchy song, amazing VA performance, everything just felt very Chika and just overflowing of cuteness and charm!
Guess this is what happens when the studios are doing a passionable job and are giving great budget for it.
WOW
Jan 27, 2019 3:56 PM

Mar 2011
Very funny and heartwarming episode. I loved it! Kaguya is so innocent :)
Jan 27, 2019 4:32 PM

Oct 2015
Such a heartwarming episode. The quiz was favorite as it was way more hilarious.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 27, 2019 8:31 PM
Mar 2015
Great lines Virgin Monster Daughter in a Box
loved the ED
Jan 27, 2019 10:45 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode 5/5, the first skit about having done it was especially funny and the episode finished with a some wholesome character development. The rotoscoped ED was a lovely surprise and the song was cute.
Just picked up this show today and it’s growing on me quickly, a neat surprise this season I wasn’t anticipating.
Also what an actual banger of an OP, it’s so catchy! Looking forward to the next episode.
Ganbatte!

Jan 27, 2019 10:46 PM

May 2010
That ED had more frames than episodes of some anime have in their entire 20-minute runtime.
Jan 28, 2019 2:42 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I guess, no matter how dark and intimidating Kaguya looks on the surface, she was one pure soul, I knew there was some kind of misunderstanding when they dragged that scene around, and man, it was one of the greatest misunderstanding moments I've seen, right below the bath scene from Prison School (That one was a legend).
And when they decided to let her know, man, I know that position, I've been there as both the informer and the informed before, and it was encapsulated perfectly.
The Cowboy themed 20 questions dame was amazing, never heard of it, and it sounds fun, going to bring that in tonight's conversation for sure.
I love how they added in a Yeti crossing the other road just when they brought it on a conversation, that kid is cute by the way.
Wholesome ending. Take some notes Zombieland Saga, that's how you animate a dance.
Jan 28, 2019 3:34 AM

Mar 2014
That Ending alone has more budget than Overlord season 3 combined.
Jan 28, 2019 4:44 AM

Nov 2013
No sex education, let the men do the job - That's so soviet times xD
Jan 28, 2019 10:26 AM

Sep 2018
One of new favs endings and i think top 3 at least for curing depression :)
Jan 28, 2019 12:10 PM

Oct 2010
20:12 small animation mistake where the grade schooler girls hand got shuffled behind a layey.
Jan 28, 2019 1:37 PM

Dec 2016
The ED was fucking amazing!!
Jan 28, 2019 11:29 PM
Jan 2019
This is just top tier episode
*f*cking hilarious, more seinen please
Jan 29, 2019 1:00 AM

Jun 2013
The ED is so satisfying to watch. Probably watched it more than 10 times already. Cute detour scene and that random yeti lmao.
Jan 29, 2019 3:56 AM

Dec 2017
Guys, I'd like to know, is romcom anime usually like this? (I haven't watched many romcom so far)
I mean, this series has been putting me in an emotional rollercoaster since the first episode. In the midst of laughing so hard from the comedy, you are also presented with some heart-warming romance, which makes my head kinda confused lol
Also, the ED sequence caught me off guard as well. Just, what is THAT? So addicting. <3

Props to the anime crews who made it possible! They've been doing such an amazing job...
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 29, 2019 5:10 AM
Jun 2017
This episode is so cute!!!! My favorite part is the second part and the 3rd part.

That Chika ED is also so cute!!!
Jan 29, 2019 5:13 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
electromagneto said:
Guys, I'd like to know, is romcom anime usually like this? (I haven't watched many romcom so far)
I mean, this series has been putting me in an emotional rollercoaster since the first episode. In the midst of laughing so hard from the comedy, you are also presented with some heart-warming romance, which makes my head kinda confused lol
Also, the ED sequence caught me off guard as well. Just, what is THAT? So addicting. <3

Props to the anime crews who made it possible! They've been doing such an amazing job...
Kaguya is a really unique romcom, I don't think you would find anything like that anywhere.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jan 29, 2019 5:20 AM

Sep 2011
electromagneto said:

I mean, kaguya is one of the better romcomcs cause of this but that tone itself is more the norm than it is the aversion, kaguya is just really good at what it does.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 29, 2019 6:54 AM

Dec 2017
Thanks, guys, for the feedback. @cchigu and @JizzyHitler

Kind of sad to know that not so many series like this are available in store, but also glad hear that we're currently enjoying an excellent work.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 29, 2019 9:00 AM
Nov 2016
The first segment was hilarious.

This entire episode was equal parts funny, sad and heartwarming. Great episode.

We got a glimpse into how sad Kaguya's life is at times.
Jan 29, 2019 9:36 AM

May 2018
I like the story format, it keeps the pace right on track and storywise it gives more diversity to the plot. Nice.

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Jan 29, 2019 10:49 AM

Sep 2011
GenesisAria said:
Paul said:
New ending was amazing. If only idol anime resembled that.
Spread the word, increase demand for rotoscoping XP

Demand for good rotoscoping. We don't want more Aku no Hana after all.
Jan 29, 2019 10:56 AM

Dec 2009
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
GenesisAria said:
Spread the word, increase demand for rotoscoping XP
Demand for good rotoscoping. We don't want more Aku no Hana after all.
HAHA True. But from what i can tell, this rotoscoping may have been done of an mmd-style avatar animated with mocap, as opposed to a real life... i could be wrong, but the problem is stylistic choice. You want to keep your style but use film or 3d references. The problem with Aku no Hana, is it was basically a live action thing that they just drew overtop 1 for 1.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jan 29, 2019 11:55 PM

Mar 2017
damn. that ED though
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Jan 30, 2019 9:30 AM

Jul 2015
Learning about what sex actually is so late in the game is like realizing Santa ain't real just as late. She'll never be the same now but I don't care, I was just laughing at the whole thing. Also I didn't see it the first couple of episodes but MY GOD THAT DANCE SEQUENCE IN THE CREDITS WAS GLORIOUS. Plus the addition of the outside bit was a nice way to break from the battles they have.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jan 30, 2019 11:19 AM
Mar 2018
I don't get it why everyone is losing their shit now, just because the credits have an AMV in it this time. Like it's not even a very outstanding dance or song, it's maybe something new to a credit-section, but seriously. It's maybe a cherry on top, but you're still gonna starve if you live on those only...
Jan 30, 2019 1:41 PM

Feb 2008
The ending was sublime. Chika for the win!

Kaguya's misunderstanding spun out of control really fast. But when she finally realised the error of her ways... I loved how Chika took it upon herself to educate Kaguya on the matter, despite her averseness to the magasine that evoked the issue.

Well, at least the episode ended on a positive note for Kaguya. Heart-warming.
Jan 30, 2019 8:51 PM

Oct 2008
What caught my attention on this episode is the ED visuals of Chika's Dance! definitely not CG but damn! the key frame animation is SASUGA! oh yea right rotoscoped ED!
and a lot of people are talking about it apparently.
good episode by the way!
Kaguya definitely lost on the first last because of her lack of knowledge about sexual intercourse topics!
Part B and part C was MEH!
5/5.

oh nice! Kino Hina voiced the gradeschooler from part C!
LOL at the Yeti wandering around the streets!
matias067Jan 30, 2019 9:17 PM

Jan 30, 2019 11:13 PM

Jul 2012
Didn't like the long intro last week? We'll speed it up this week! So meta haha.

The 3rd part was really cute :) And there's a yeti walking around the streets of Japan!

And that ED!!! :O I was wondering why there was a speck on the curtain the whole time though haha.

This was definitely the best episode so far.
Jan 31, 2019 12:58 AM

Apr 2012
Mohammadalmannai said:

Cannot wait for the next episode, they're going to adapt

What chapters are they adapting next week?
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Jan 31, 2019 1:59 AM

Apr 2015
sushiisawesome said:
Mohammadalmannai said:

Cannot wait for the next episode, they're going to adapt

What chapters are they adapting next week?

17-18-19 and 20 will be adapted
Jan 31, 2019 9:32 PM

Aug 2007
electromagneto said:

Throwing some heartfelt moments into the mix is fairly common in the genre, though in my opinion few romcoms execute on it very well, either because of poor timing or the balance between comedy / romance is awkward. This anime just executes on those things very strongly (again, just my opinion but it seems widely shared lol)!
Feb 1, 2019 4:34 AM

Jun 2013
The funniest part was when Miyuki thought Kaguya DID IT with her own nephew and Chika-sama with her dog LOL these misunderstandings are gold.

Of course, that ending of them riding the bike together was adorable. I hope they do end up together, they can sometimes be annoying but they're hilarious and adorable at the same time.
臭い-
Feb 1, 2019 1:39 PM
Mar 2015
The drawing of this scene matched the rumor called the CG, but the evidence using the lot scope was shown.

Feb 2, 2019 5:14 AM
Dec 2016
am I the only who notice there was a Bigfoot passing by while kaguya and the boy walking? xD
Feb 2, 2019 6:10 AM

Aug 2013
A hilarious episode.

Kaguya finding out what 'first time' means was funny.

Feb 2, 2019 11:28 AM

Jun 2015
I like the ending dance. I totally wanna do it.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Feb 2, 2019 7:32 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
greycld said:
am I the only who notice there was a Bigfoot passing by while kaguya and the boy walking? xD

Haha nope.
Seems like another viewer and I noticed the Yeti.
Feb 2, 2019 7:56 PM

Jan 2013
This anime is so good xD I'm loving it!

What a great way to start the episode hahah Poor Kaguya xD I thought that she was talking about first kiss and that she was just misleading everyone, but nope, she just didn't knew xD poor girl hahaha

That must be horrible to go every day to school by a car :/
Great ending, it was such a happy moment to see Kaguya smiling while she was on the back of that bike.

Best ED ever? hahahaha Chika is the best, just look at her face hahahah 10/10
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 3, 2019 6:21 AM

Dec 2014
the bit about the walk was priceless
Feb 4, 2019 4:05 PM

Oct 2016
Kaguya almost sounded like the Hapsburg dynasty: rich and incestuous. At least for a few seconds. :P
Feb 5, 2019 7:39 AM

May 2013
Digitalexile said:
JizzyHitler said:
What do you mean? They clearly made a joke with it cause they sped through it to the point where all the dialogue was a incomprehensible mess, it was there for like less than 10 seconds.

Certainly wasn't a funny joke...

There are other animes that have their own intro/monologues to start off the eps. Like One Piece, SnK, Nanatsu no Taizai and it never annoys me :3
Feb 5, 2019 7:41 AM

May 2013
Omgah Chika-chan at the ending was sooooooo cute~~~ I use some of those dance moves already at home xD I wanna learn her full choreo now huehuehue :D

10 questions was s'cute <3 Can't wait til Kaguya and Shiro get cuffed ;D ;D

an actual yeti hahahah
Kokoro_KotashimaFeb 5, 2019 9:27 AM
Feb 7, 2019 2:25 PM

Oct 2017
People in the west probably have no idea how much effort put into that ED cuz it's not CG.

This ED alone causes an extreme boon in the discussion/ popularity of this anime as a whole in Japan and China. It literally makes this anime one of the most popular one this season.
Ventus_SFeb 7, 2019 2:37 PM
Feb 7, 2019 11:14 PM

Oct 2017
CHIKA IS SO CUTE AF MY FAVV GORL OMFG
and also
First Time = And then... puts... in... after that... the two... moving... like beasts...
LMFAOO

I want you to be happy.
I want you to laugh a lot.
I don’t know what exactly
I’ll be able to do for you,
but I’ll always be by your side.
Feb 8, 2019 2:01 AM

Nov 2007
Ventus_S said:
People in the west probably have no idea how much effort put into that ED cuz it's not CG.

The official release of the Chika ED (no credit) in Youtube Japan hit 64K likes the last time I checked.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 12, 2019 12:46 AM

Aug 2017
Gz, I'm in love with this show.

*Kaguya being ignorant about the "your first time" me fucking laugh! hahahaha.
*Second half was hilarious due to Shirogane's reactions.
*WTF is that yeti lmao.

I HAVE NO WORDS!! 5/5

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 20, 2019 7:08 PM

May 2017
Thus one of the greatest endings was born!
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2019

384 by sukinhos »»
Apr 20, 9:15 PM

» Misattribution of arousal

egosumjohn - Apr 7

11 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 14, 11:13 AM

» I laugh as hard in this series as gintama 🤣

Jannie7 - Mar 31

38 by xDemi »»
Apr 1, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2019

246 by DevilsMayMew »»
Apr 1, 1:32 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2019

260 by DevilsMayMew »»
Apr 1, 1:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.