Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 26, 2019 5:43 PM

Oct 2010
2nd half and the ED were great. ED top tier really
Jan 26, 2019 5:43 PM

Nov 2011
Kaguya not knowing what "IT" is lol hilarious.

Really good episode overall.

I lost it when I saw this guy though.

That Yeti had me crying
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 26, 2019 5:45 PM

Aug 2015
That episode was pretty good but omg can we talk about that ending? That is the best thing I've seen this year. Best girl.

Antanaru said:
That fucking narration is still going on...
Have you not seen anime with narration before? I like it, gives identity to the show.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Jan 26, 2019 5:48 PM

Nov 2017
Oh My God!!-That ending was way too cute.
What the hell is he doing with Shinomiya when that much cuteness is right there,right bloody there!
Jan 26, 2019 6:14 PM

May 2018
Oh, no, Kaguya's pureness. She really don't know what they meant till the end, and then she shocked for reality.

Just what I expected, those 20 questions is not really pointed to Shirogane. But still funny to see it pointed to Chika's dog xD . And in 3rd part, we saw the kind-hearted part of Kaguya. So cute.

The ED is awesome. Looks like A-1 got too much on their hands to spend.
Jan 26, 2019 6:20 PM

Feb 2018
She literally told him to go fuck yourself.
Jan 26, 2019 6:49 PM

Dec 2013
Kirishiba said:
She literally told him to go fuck yourself.

TBH, this translation is probably wrong.
Here's Viz Media version:

Jan 26, 2019 7:14 PM
Mar 2016
3rd part conclusion too much sugar :|
a spesial ending? look like A1 took this so hard
look like next episode until 5 episode we will get massive downgrade quality from A1
Jan 26, 2019 7:26 PM

Jun 2016
Listening to Hayasaka talk was so bless
Jan 26, 2019 7:29 PM

Mar 2018
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
81Koyomi_Araragi said:
Hands down, best ending of the season.

someone isn't watching Pastel Memories

If it has something to beat this ending then I guess I'll have to get to it.
Jan 26, 2019 7:35 PM

Jul 2017
SoraSenpai said:
Kaguya not knowing what "IT" is lol hilarious.

Really good episode overall.

I lost it when I saw this guy though.

That Yeti had me crying

LOL When I saw the yeti, I bursted out laughing.
Which one is Yeti?

Once we realize it, everything will fall into place
Our hearts calling to the future with all their might
We'll move forward, holding each other's shaking hands
Jan 26, 2019 7:41 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
81Koyomi_Araragi said:
EcchiGodMamsterP said:

someone isn't watching Pastel Memories

well i can tell you for sure

i have something to beat to the ending ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jan 26, 2019 7:42 PM

Mar 2018
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
81Koyomi_Araragi said:

well i can tell you for sure

i have something to beat to the ending ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
All the more reason to watch.
Jan 26, 2019 7:48 PM

Jul 2015
Definitely the ending was the best part.

And the Virgin joke part.

Jan 26, 2019 7:53 PM
Dec 2017
Overall is all damn best! But Chika dance is something else if you know what I mean ( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
"Life isn't always bright as daylight, the real personality of every person is when the night comes and the moonlight that shines through the dark hours."

Jan 26, 2019 8:01 PM

Feb 2018
I am getting a feeling this anime will have different endings for each episode.
And I am looking forward to it.
Jan 26, 2019 8:28 PM

Aug 2013
that ED was a next level
awesome
Jan 26, 2019 8:36 PM
Nov 2018
why is the score keeps dropping
*i mean this is really good show WTF Weebs
Jan 26, 2019 8:47 PM

Jan 2019
"Maybe nudity with pubic hair?"

wtf
Can mew imyagine an imyaginyary mewnyagerie mewnyager imyagining mewnyaging an imyaginyary mewnyagerie?
Jan 26, 2019 8:58 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, yet another great episode! Really loving this show so far, hopefully it’ll keep up until the end!

First segment showing Shinomiya’s oblivious exposure to sexual education was cho-very hilarious! She was only taught until kissing, xD. Chika’s explanation for 16 minutes was absolutely on-point, lol, and the expression on her face after coming to the moment of realisation was totally hilarious! Loved it! Shirogane was about to give up hope right there, lol.

Second segment of the two facing off for the 20-Qs battle was very intriguing to watch! Shirogane trying to catch her way of thinking and eventually succeeding in doing so was admirable but the amount of psychology in that, damn! Kaguya and Shirogane both blushing intensively there was heartwarming to watch though, but all that leading up to Chika’s dog was such a plot-twist lol. Kaguya was so expecting him to say her name or something of the sort but he totally blew it there, xD. That would’ve been the perfect confession, dang it, but his fears of her saying “oh my, how cute” remarks would’ve finally come to reality.

Final segment was the most heartwarming to watch, no doubt. Shinomiya has always wanted to walk to school and the turn out of events with the weepy kid and passing by an actual yeti(phew, that was dang hilarious) before finally making it to school by Shirogane’s bike. Final scene of her smiling in the car while recalling that very day was very nice to see!

Dat ED, my Lord! It was just .. brilliant! Not even a trace of CG there, props to A-1 Pictures there for taking their time and probably a lot more effort too(I’d roughly say there was about 1000 frames or so during the 94s ED). And Chika’s dancing and those adorable movements, very sweet to watch! Song delivered too, another massive props to the VA, and the lyrics of the song was very nice too! Didn’t expect her to free the cockroach there st the end of the episode though, lol. I just have to wonder though, why now? This episode didn’t even focus much on Chika, wouldn’t it have been better to keep this for later on an episode which’d have featured her. Not complaining though, I absolutely loved it!

Definitely looking forward to more from this series! I’ll be able to watch next episode the moment it comes out on the streaming services so that’s also something I’m very much looking forward to!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 26, 2019 9:08 PM

Jan 2011
Man that ending left me speechless holy shit felt bad because that was the best part of this episode for me lol

i need to know whose working on them because the main one had some clips of nice animation with kaguya running but this was a minute and 30 seconds of it instead of like 2 straight , top tier quality it had me questioning if it was rotoscoped /mo cap but *edited* turns out it was by a ex-KyoAni animator Naoya Nakayama still looks amazing
katsu044Jan 26, 2019 9:14 PM
Jan 26, 2019 9:22 PM
May 2017
All the budget went to making the OP and ED, and I was not dissapointed :)
Jan 26, 2019 9:31 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
GREAT, FUNNY, BEAUTIFUL EPISODE INTO KAGUYA'S MIND! She had a lot of cute reactions, even some seductive ones <3
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jan 26, 2019 9:32 PM

Oct 2015
well done to really give a perfect adaptation for my favorite chapter in manga . The last part. I'm actually crying a little bit :')
Jan 26, 2019 9:43 PM
Jul 2018
This show is pure comedy gold!
Jan 26, 2019 10:10 PM

Sep 2017
Omg what was that ending sequence! That was so adorable. Ahh another great episode. At first I thought Kaguya was trying to troll when talking about the "first time," but when she started talking about banging dogs I knew she didn't understand. I loved they way they made Chika tell her.

The last section was very wholesome. It figures a show like this will have the occasional wholesome, essentially comedy free chapter. I just knew Pres would show up on the bike at the end. Now I have no idea how tf she is not falling off sitting on backwards like that lol.
Jan 26, 2019 10:34 PM

Jun 2015
the animation got top cute for the ending, adorable
Jan 26, 2019 10:36 PM

Apr 2013
it's a Yeti alright.
Jan 26, 2019 10:43 PM
Sep 2017
Rav8LRupsy said:
it's a Yeti alright.
this yeti,then kaguya not knowing what "first time" meant and the ending
made my day lol
Jan 26, 2019 11:03 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
GenesisAria said:
WOW I was enjoying the entertaining ep as usual, then it's like HAH take this on for size! That ending caught me on my ass my god! I thought it was gonna be an epilogue sequence or something then gg ending song LOL. Fucking nice.

Tokoya said:
P.S. That ED sequence was GOAT, I felt like I was watching a real person O_O
Because you were... afaik it's rotoscoped or similar.

imo whole anime should be animated that way... would make the acting more involved, natural, artistic; bringing the drawing artist and the motion actor together.

Also, it's not just the great animation, the vocals were very good as well, emotions portrayed very clearly with every line. I love whimsical shit like this.
I honestly wouldn't mind that at all lol and yeah, I agree with all of that last part
Jan 26, 2019 11:24 PM

Aug 2008
Yo, wtf was with that ed! So dope. It was so hilarious and well made too! Choreography on the dancing and movement was pretty good and eye-catching. Totally unexpected. 10/10 lol
Jan 26, 2019 11:44 PM

Jul 2017
GOAT ending tbh, this is a pretty fun anime
Jan 27, 2019 1:02 AM

May 2015
This episode was better than the first 2 combined. Kaguya wasn't that annoying this time. I'm actually liking her a little bit now.
Jan 27, 2019 1:11 AM

Aug 2015
That ED is purely non-CGI, right? Holy. Mother. Of. Anime.
A-1 Pictures wtf?
Jan 27, 2019 1:16 AM

Jun 2017
Very bnice Episode! Chika is really cute, cuter than she was these past episodes, her reaction when she saw the magazine was priceless! That ED is really catchy! I like how smooth the animation is and Chika is really cute there. Also Kaguya taking a walk was quite a refresher for her, good to see the character development between Kaguya and the President.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Jan 27, 2019 1:41 AM

Mar 2017
How innocently ignorant Kaguya is about sex education lol. Her expression was priceless after hearing everything from Fujiwara. And the disappointed face she made after Shirogane guessed the correct answer of 20 questions game.
What was that ending theme lol. Fujiwara was so adorable.
Jan 27, 2019 2:34 AM

Dec 2013
Kind of a weak ep imo but holy shit that dance sequence lol. Was that rotoscoped because damn...That animation?
Jan 27, 2019 3:36 AM
Mar 2018
PERFECT ADAPTATION

Ps:based on the votes, it seems there is a shallow shit(or more) rates everything 1/5
Jan 27, 2019 4:31 AM

Oct 2017
favourite episode so far, i loved each segment more than the previous and it was just so good. i found myself with my hands on my face literally giggling a lot of times
[url=https://myanimelist.net/profile/mifti]
[/url]
Jan 27, 2019 4:41 AM

Feb 2014
JiangHaoyi1979 said:

Some Shinomiya fanservice would have been nice.

I don't know but the way Shinomiya sits in the bike puts me in a nervous way. Like.. it was a dangerous position when you have to hitch a bike like that position
Jan 27, 2019 5:32 AM

Feb 2014
This episode was just excellent. 24 minutes of funny and amusing excellence.

The intro got a kick up the backside as it sped up what we already know. I like that self-aware joke from the staff. =)

The three segments were just brilliant in their own right. The "First time" shenanigans was really amusing with how many times both Chika and Shirogane kept reacting. However, it turned out that Kaguya doesn't know anything about sexual education apart from kissing. So Chika had to tell her the truth and Kaguya's reaction was simply PERFECT! XD

The 20 question challenge was intense. Kaguya upped the difficulty by making it into a 10 question game for Shirogane to try his best that guessing what Kaguya was thinking. After his hilarious roundabout of love thinking, he somehow guessed dog and was correct. Kaguya's reaction, again, was funny.

The last segment was a bit of a surprise, though. Due to a kitten invading the engine bay of the Audi A8, Kaugya elected to walk to school by herself since she never had the opportunity to do it before. On her travel, she helped out a young schoolkid who was upset at not being able to walk in a group anymore. Kaguya was able to take the kid far enough so that she could meet up with her friend Yeti (GG to the staff adding an actual Yeti for a second behind the two girls. XD) and told her that she doesn't have to walk alone to school and should always meet up with her friend and walk together.

And by pure luck, she encountered Shirogane on his bicycle at the crossing, which led to her hitching a ride with him. That was a nice way to end the episode...

...until we got a new ED out of nowhere. Not only was Chika's song very catchy, but DAT ANIMATION, THOUGH! It was super smooth, always on-model and I don't think it had any trace of CGI either. Once again, the production staff are just showing off at just how good they can be when they want to, and I want more! =P
Jan 27, 2019 5:34 AM
Feb 2016
BEST EPISODE SO FAR!!!

i really loved the first segment ejedjde i knew Shinomiya obviously haven't done it, but i thought she only said she had done because she wanted to see Miyuki's reaction (mind you i haven't read the manga yet), so the fact that's she's actually still as innocent as a child is really cute!!

the 20 questions segment was also so cleverly done and i loved the directing, i know it won't just end that easily haha, Pesu for the win!

third segment was so heartwarming!! and Kaguya got what she wanted at the end, and better! she was able to hop on Miyuki's bike, because apparently the academy rules are to be prioritized over the traffic law lmao, still it's so good!!

AND THAT ENDING AHH MY CUTE FUJIWARA CHIKA!! the animation though, i'm pretty sure that's not cgi but i don't know the name of it either so i have to look into that, i heard that it was a story in the manga that couldn't fit the anime so it became an exclusive ED instead, i really have to check out the manga soon!! i really love this episode!
Jan 27, 2019 5:35 AM

Jul 2015
damn the actual yeti showed up
chika cuteness overload

Well...
Jan 27, 2019 5:39 AM
Apr 2018
Chika kawaii ass fuck boii 😍😍😍
Jan 27, 2019 6:13 AM

Apr 2015
Oh god damn it, so many good things in this episode.

I love that they started the same opening sequence as previous 2 episodes and then suddenly fast forward! Little things like that I really enjoy the most especially when they are unexpected.

Chika is so loveable! So innocent!

These mindgames really stepped up their game this episode, my god XD Oh Kaguya, how wrong you could have been. "First time" meaning the first kiss. As soon as she said that, I knew it was gonna be her loss. Priceless! No sexual education, besides kissing at the age of 16... yeah that's a big shock for Kaguya!

20 questions, that's been a while since I heard that anywhere really.

That last bit with the little kid and the president on his bike was super cute!

OMG THAT ENDING THOUGH! Animation was so fluid! Chika is awesome!
Jan 27, 2019 6:18 AM

Aug 2013
Another really good episode! Loved how they rushed through the intro, made me laugh.

Also the ending??? So precious, please protect her!!!
Jan 27, 2019 6:21 AM

Jul 2014
Some more great battles this episode from the first couple of volumes, I think we now have just three more from there to adapt so that'll presumably be next week.

More importantly though, that new ED with Chika dancing was great and so completely unexpected.
Jan 27, 2019 8:17 AM
Dec 2018
Jan 27, 2019 8:51 AM

Aug 2017
that ending was sooooo cute and well made, i'm dying ≧◡≦

kaguya getting the meaning of 'first time' confused was so funny, and her riding the bike with Shirogane at the end was really nice ^^

once again a great episode, can't wait for next week :D
Jan 27, 2019 10:33 AM

Mar 2010
That ED totally killed me >/////////////////////////////////////////<

Now Watching

原神 : 800993232

SV-Mirage

Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2019

384 by sukinhos »»
Apr 20, 9:15 PM

» Misattribution of arousal

egosumjohn - Apr 7

11 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 14, 11:13 AM

» I laugh as hard in this series as gintama 🤣

Jannie7 - Mar 31

38 by xDemi »»
Apr 1, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2019

246 by DevilsMayMew »»
Apr 1, 1:32 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2019

260 by DevilsMayMew »»
Apr 1, 1:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.