Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 26, 2019 10:23 AM

Aug 2018
nobody noticed the ieti easter egg??
Jan 26, 2019 10:32 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
That was quite the dramatic reaction from Chika to that question. But first time's huh. Hmm thats some protection that her family's been providing Kaguya though. Chika's explanation and Kaguya's reaction was just priceless lol. The ten questions was certainly amusing. I guess there's also a downside to being a noble of Kaguya's standing. Still i do admire Kaguya's attempt to remedy this. Her interaction with the kid was pretty nice as it allowed us to see a kinder side to Kaguya. Its cute in that Kaguya in the end still managed to experience the act of going to school with the president despite the detour. Excellent ep as always. Cute ending theme though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2019 10:37 AM

Dec 2016
That ending was amazing! *o* very nice song! And very catchy too <3
Great episode!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jan 26, 2019 10:40 AM

Dec 2016
copksunaminao2 said:

I did see the Yeti. I laughted the moment it appeared XD It was cool.

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jan 26, 2019 10:41 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
That fucking ED though

11/10
Jan 26, 2019 10:49 AM

Mar 2016
Absolutely loved the way they fast forwarded through the introduction in this episode.

I figured out Kaguya was mistaken when she said she did it with her new born cousin. After that, I couldn't stop laughing.

The 20 questions part was also quite interesting.

I love how this manga actually pays attention to psychology. Usually, when they label a work as Psychological, it's just blood and gore.

We are already three episodes in, but we still haven't seen the cute black haired guy from the opening. I really want to know who he is. Feels like he'll be really funny.
Jan 26, 2019 10:51 AM

Feb 2016
Can someone tell me the song name of the ending?
Jan 26, 2019 10:58 AM

Mar 2012
That ED has better animation and coreography that all the idol shows out there.
Sigh, that was the quality that I was expecting for the ending of Zombieland Saga.
Waifus only represent ideals
Jan 26, 2019 11:02 AM

Mar 2015
Entertaining episode as always. The ending hypnotized me, cute.
My Candies:

My bonus Candies:
Jan 26, 2019 11:09 AM
Nov 2018
Supercueca said:
Can someone tell me the song name of the ending?
"Chika tto Chika Chika♡", "チカっとチカ千花っ♡ "
FreezePeachJan 26, 2019 11:18 AM
Jan 26, 2019 11:13 AM
Apr 2016
yooooooo poor Kaguya xDDD "You do it with your dog all the time, right?" hahahahah well it was quite a silly scene, it was so awkward that it was funny... Great episode, liked it more than the previous two.
Jan 26, 2019 11:23 AM

Sep 2011
copksunaminao2 said:
I did get a good chuckle out of seeing that

FuMomo-kun said:

We are already three episodes in, but we still haven't seen the cute black haired guy from the opening. I really want to know who he is. Feels like he'll be really funny.
I'm expecting him to only appear around ep 5, i dont recall if any of the chapters adapted next week have him.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 26, 2019 11:23 AM

Nov 2007
Oh My God! What is with this over the top ISO 900000001 QC10000000000 anime production?

It makes me think A-1 is actually in love with this. Perfect adaptation so far aside, the ED was sooooo damn good! Gonna watch it 10 times in a row now!

ps. I swear if anime only followers don't love Kaguya by the end of next episode...

LOVE TANTEI CHIKA! <3
shanimebibJan 26, 2019 11:28 AM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 26, 2019 11:30 AM

Mar 2018
This episode was absolutely fantastic, hilarious at the beginning and touching at the end
Also the ED was incredible, better animated dance than most idol show and also really really cute
So far this anime has exceeded my expectations
Jan 26, 2019 11:34 AM

Aug 2008
Digitalexile said:
Antanaru said:
That fucking narration is still going on...

Oh yeah what's the reason for that? Previous episode manga readers gave the excuse of "reference", now what?
It's true that manga has a heavy narration, especially at the beginning, but it's done terribly in the anime. It's way too long and intrusive. Narrator should never speak over characters.

JizzyHitler said:
Antanaru said:
That fucking narration is still going on...
Its not gonna go away, especially in an ep like this where its deliveirng jokes like monster virgin.
It's about how it's done. It's distracting and annoying.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jan 26, 2019 11:38 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Funny episode, heartwarming too. I never find myself bored with this one.

That ending was something else. I can't tell if it was hand drawn or 3D rendered with a filter to make it look drawn. I hope they keep it as the ED.
Jan 26, 2019 11:43 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
They keep on doing a great job with this adaptation. I wonder how far down the manga they will go?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 26, 2019 11:44 AM

Jun 2017
Man, each episode gets better and better. It's so much better than the manga. I didn't know that was even possible.
And that ED was awesome, too bad we probably wont get it every episode.

Best anime dance ever fight me
Jan 26, 2019 11:47 AM
Jul 2018
Farabeuf said:
They keep on doing a great job with this adaptation. I wonder how far down the manga they will go?

Until fireworks arc probably, 45 chapters.
Jan 26, 2019 11:51 AM

Mar 2016
FFS, Kaguya is likely one of those girls who really needs to take health education again xDDD
Jan 26, 2019 12:04 PM

Jul 2015
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa this is amazing.

Monster virgin adapted was as glorious as it deserved, Kaguya's misundestanding due to her lack of knowledge on those themes was hilarious.

I freaking love the final reaction to the 20Q (10 in this case), Shirogane had so, so many hopes but then he remembered how she is, nice bait there Kaguya.

And the walk part was so, so heartwarming, as adorable as I remembered.

Holy shit that Chika dance in the ED, the animation was so freaking smooth! This anime just keeps surprising me, I'm so blessed.
Jan 26, 2019 12:07 PM

May 2018

Some Shinomiya fanservice would have been nice.
Jan 26, 2019 12:11 PM

Apr 2007
Another great episode. Not as much comedy but there were some heartwarming moments to compensate.

They went from one epic ED to another epic ED. What a cute dance.
Jan 26, 2019 12:14 PM

Sep 2011
JiangHaoyi1979 said:

Some Shinomiya fanservice would have been nice.
Oh just you wait till the darkness chapter gets adapted

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 26, 2019 12:14 PM

Jun 2015
This episode was amazing. That ED was so nice.
:)
Jan 26, 2019 12:15 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
This adaptation has come from the gods. Omata and his staff members are truly worth praising. Not only is it an accurate adaptation, but it's filled with soul. You can tell how much care it put into the anime. It doesn't force itself to be a by-the-book adaptation, allowing for creative additions to the content. In short, directing is godly, the production is amazing.

That fast-forward on the intro scene was great lol. That ED gave me fucking life. I think another 10 years have been added to my lifespan. Interested in seeing how they'll handle the French arc, because it's humor is really restricted by its manga medium. Not sure how funny it can be in an anime format.
Jan 26, 2019 12:24 PM

Nov 2007
Ah! Narrator-san continues with his awesome job. Can't have that changed. :)

If there's any problem get it solved by Love Tantei Chika!

乱れた国で生きる私たち
Midareta kuni de ikiru watashitachi
We live in a country under chaos

誰もが本音 隠してるけど
Daremoga honne kakushiterukedo
Everyone's hiding their real intentions

どんな問題も
Donna mondai mo
No matter what the problem is

ラブ探偵チカが
rabu tantei Chika ga
The Love Detective Chika

解決するわ
kaiketsu suru wa
Will solve it!

(IQ3でもまかせなさい)
aikyuusuri demo makasenasai
(Leave it to her even if the IQ level is 3!)

Oh boy! I am in love with the part when she turns around and throw her tantei-cap!
Coronavirus.
Jan 26, 2019 12:39 PM

Nov 2014
Great episode as always. But that ending... how high are they going to rise the bar? It was just awesome.
Jan 26, 2019 12:56 PM

Nov 2007
holiday498 said:
This was my favorite episode out of the three, probably because we had parts that were sort of different. The first part while it was still comedy focused, had a different spin on it, not the usual overthinking the main characters do. And the last part was the best out of everything adapted yet imo, I hope we will get more chapters like that.

I was worried this anime would get repetitive soon, but if they change up the "fighting" chapters just like in this episode, there won't be a problem with it for me.

You have no idea what you are in for! Next episode will be a blast! I wish you all the best not to give up waiting for a week and jump straight to reading the manga. They are going to adapt THE chapter that got me in love with Kaguya.
Coronavirus.
Jan 26, 2019 12:58 PM
Jan 2016
Another awesome episode! i am truly loving this anime!

Kaguya misunderstand about the meaning of "first time" was funny, her reaction after Chika telling her was priceless!

My favourite part was Kaguya and Miyuki's game and is awesome how well Miyuki knew Kaguya, he knew exactly what to answer, Kaguya expressions was really cute! I love that fun couple!

Last part was interesting, we got to know more about her life, even signal to her beautifull maid, her smile at the end when Miyuki give her a ride was perfect!

Awesome ED, didn't expect that coming, but was adorable to see Chika dancing and siging!
Jan 26, 2019 12:59 PM

Sep 2011
shanimebib said:
holiday498 said:
This was my favorite episode out of the three, probably because we had parts that were sort of different. The first part while it was still comedy focused, had a different spin on it, not the usual overthinking the main characters do. And the last part was the best out of everything adapted yet imo, I hope we will get more chapters like that.

I was worried this anime would get repetitive soon, but if they change up the "fighting" chapters just like in this episode, there won't be a problem with it for me.

You have no idea what you are in for! Next episode will be a blast! I wish you all the best not to give up waiting for a week and jump straight to reading the manga. They are going to adapt THE chapter that got me in love with Kaguya.
well as long as they adapt it well

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 26, 2019 1:07 PM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
The ED was very good, I am liking the chapters they have chosen to adapt, cant wait for best guy to show up.
Jan 26, 2019 1:21 PM

Apr 2015
cities516 said:
Oh my god.
That new ending.

What has happened to A1 Pictures?
This is not the same A1 I used to laugh at

Very good example as to why it's important to take a look at the individual staff and then adjust your expectations. Anyone seeing the director and series composition on this project knew that it would be anything but your run of the mill production.
Jan 26, 2019 1:21 PM

Aug 2013
That ending was god tier.
Jan 26, 2019 1:27 PM

Nov 2007
JizzyHitler said:
EasyGo-er said:

Most likely not since the ED in ep 2 is promoted with its own single release indicating it's the main ED while this new ED is promoted with BD/DVD Vol 1. Would be really nice if we get some more of these exclusive EDs for other volumes.
It'd be neat if president and Ishigami got their own eds but I'm not holding out too much hope. Granted I just want Ishigami to get something extra cause they don't really do much with him early on.

If my intuition is correct the next BD/DVD i.e. vol. 2 would feature a special ending with another girl and the one after that would feature another and so on. My picks are Kei, Hayasaka and Kagura based on the BD/DVD official promo.
Coronavirus.
Jan 26, 2019 1:29 PM

Dec 2013
Shinomiya didn’t know what first time meant. Those misunderstandings were great.

Shinomiya had me going there as well.

The final part was surprisingly heartwarming.

I like what they did with the intro.
Jan 26, 2019 1:56 PM
Jul 2013
It's too bad we didn't see them entering the school, almost late, on a bicycle, together.
The rumors spread faster than lightning.
Jan 26, 2019 2:09 PM
Nov 2018
This episode was great, we deserve this.
Jan 26, 2019 2:09 PM
Dec 2018
OMG that ed is so catchy. Also by far the best episode.
A little bit of precision for a large amount of clarity
Jan 26, 2019 2:37 PM

Dec 2009
WOW I was enjoying the entertaining ep as usual, then it's like HAH take this on for size! That ending caught me on my ass my god! I thought it was gonna be an epilogue sequence or something then gg ending song LOL. Fucking nice.

Tokoya said:
P.S. That ED sequence was GOAT, I felt like I was watching a real person O_O
Because you were... afaik it's rotoscoped or similar.

imo whole anime should be animated that way... would make the acting more involved, natural, artistic; bringing the drawing artist and the motion actor together.

Also, it's not just the great animation, the vocals were very good as well, emotions portrayed very clearly with every line. I love whimsical shit like this.

Edit: what's funny to me, is that although they play Chika up to be the aho, i don't think she's dumb at all really, oblivious at times maybe... Compared to the pretentious idiot duo? Lol yeah she ain't dumb at all XD
GenesisAriaJan 26, 2019 4:07 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jan 26, 2019 3:32 PM
Mar 2015
TVアニメ『かぐや様は告らせたい~天才たちの恋愛頭脳戦~』第3話エンディング映像 ♪「チカっとチカ千花っ♡」 - YouTube —

junmykJan 26, 2019 3:59 PM
Jan 26, 2019 3:33 PM

Nov 2017
That ending theme gave me cavities. Such a fantastic example of rotoscoping done right. Gosh that was cute!!

Beyond that though, another fantastic episode with fast paced humor and hard hitting jokes. This is such a great comedy anime. That first skit in particular had me laughing my heart out. Though the last one was so soft and sweet, and reminded me that even for its ridiculousness, it's also able to pull off some genuine heart.

(That moment where the kid mentions his friend is called Yeti and there's a visual gag of a yeti crossing the street also got a good chuckle out of me. Finally, an anime that lives up to its medium and focuses more on visual storytelling than exposition.)
Jan 26, 2019 3:49 PM

Mar 2012
This is still glorious but I'm still waiting for PERFECT MARRIAGE chapter where everyone is knocked down.

Anyway give me more of best girl/boy Hayasaka. Someone who you want to exist once in your life.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jan 26, 2019 3:55 PM

Jan 2017
They really improved on the 10 questions chapter. And I love how they fast-forwarded the introduction.

But I really hope we get to see Ishigami soon, he's my favourite character.
*laughs in Dimple*
Jan 26, 2019 4:21 PM

Jan 2008
New ending was amazing. If only idol anime resembled that.
Jan 26, 2019 4:51 PM

Dec 2009
Paul said:
New ending was amazing. If only idol anime resembled that.
Spread the word, increase demand for rotoscoping XP
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jan 26, 2019 5:10 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
JizzyHitler said:
I didn't remember that chapter with kaguya walking to school so that was wholesome as hell, It was also nice to see the tease of how cold she was in the past cause i mus tof mistakingly thought that wasnt shown till the french chapter

Digitalexile said:
This is getting really repetitive and formulaic, had the same problem with the manga and honestly don't see what's the hype here. Guess I will just wait a bit when they adapt the "better parts" towards the end as the manga readers say.
I mean, the parts people are hyping up wont come till after the anime (aside from what will be the final episode) so i wouldnt hold your breath. I also would say if you dislike it now then you probably wont be won over later on or antyhing cause still at its heart its a comedy, and even though mindgames end fairly early into its run all things considered its still got the same sense of humor, i would say specifically the 3rd part of the ep is a bit more represenitive of the parts people are referring too albeit more comedic than that, but less mindgames more exploring character's upbringings and trying to experience new things they never got to in the past to varying degrees of success or serious subject matter.

You are wrong here, I m tired of seeing people giving this excuse over and over, NO, not everyone solely putting their hype and expectations on seeing later chapters adated, I have readed till 80, and I never had a problem with the earlier chapters, it is just a matter of how more you see, the more you grow fond of it, that simple.
This season alone has plently of great content yet to be adapted, so stop saying it like it sucks and the manga is only really good later on.

And if someone is finding this boring, just stop it, this show is not for you.
Lets keep this simple, yes it does get better the more you watch, but aside some more serious parts this that people have seen so far, is part of core nature of the series.

L0ken said:
Great episode and unexpected ED with Fujiwara!From this season we both have Kaguya and Mob as the example of great adaptation of source material,like so much care put on those two shows by the staff,not to mention other shows that also adapted pretty good!

The Rising of the Shield Hero is another major one you cant forget to adapt to that list of great adaptations, and despite the rush they are doing with Neverland, ep1 surpassed the manga for me.
PlaycoolJan 26, 2019 5:14 PM
Jan 26, 2019 5:10 PM

Feb 2018
Ahhh really best couple kaguya x shieogane xD.
Jan 26, 2019 5:35 PM
Feb 2016
Chika ED was amazing. Chika honestly is my favorite character.
Jan 26, 2019 5:37 PM

Dec 2015
Yooo, Kaguya almost got him there with the dog lmao. That was so good. He really does know her well >.>

That was the best ending I've seen in a while tbh.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2019

384 by sukinhos »»
Apr 20, 9:15 PM

» Misattribution of arousal

egosumjohn - Apr 7

11 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 14, 11:13 AM

» I laugh as hard in this series as gintama 🤣

Jannie7 - Mar 31

38 by xDemi »»
Apr 1, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2019

246 by DevilsMayMew »»
Apr 1, 1:32 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2019

260 by DevilsMayMew »»
Apr 1, 1:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.