Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2019 1:16 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well not too shabby Seth. The guy managed to beat up someone his own size and not lose his confidence.

As far as magic goes, there's definitely people stronger than he is so he should watch out. What an ending...!
Jan 26, 2019 7:14 AM

Aug 2018
Honestly, latest episodes were really good, especially the last one. Story is now getting intense and i really want to know how this will end.
A strong 7.5 for this episode imo.
Jan 26, 2019 8:38 AM

Feb 2013
What a fantastic episode. Man they really made a mistake by starting this series with slow comedic filler episodes. It made a lot of people drop this series. I hope the hype continues.
Jan 26, 2019 9:02 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The last two episodes were amazing and if this series can maintain this level of hype, I'm gonna be very very happy
Jan 26, 2019 9:32 AM
Aug 2017
I loved this episode!!
Anybody know what chapter this is related to in the manga?
Jan 26, 2019 9:47 AM
Sep 2017
Z3R0215 said:
I loved this episode!!
Chapter 26 but chapter 21 to 23 have manga special scenes (discussion between Seth and Piodon) if you want to catch up with the manga
Jan 26, 2019 10:02 AM
Aug 2017
JugoKun said:
Z3R0215 said:
I loved this episode!!
Chapter 26 but chapter 21 to 23 have manga special scenes (discussion between Seth and Piodon) if you want to catch up with the manga

Thanks a lot, I'll be sure to read the special scenes as well!
Jan 26, 2019 10:22 AM
Sep 2017
Z3R0215 said:
JugoKun said:

Thanks a lot, I'll be sure to read the special scenes as well!
If you want an advice, read the manga since the beginning too. A lot of important scenes of the manga were deleted in the anime, so if you wanna stick with the post Rumble Town chapters, you'd better read the manga since the beginning
Jan 26, 2019 10:57 AM

Mar 2013
The first half got me really hopeful of the chance where Hamelin could travel along with Seth and party but ofc...it had to end on a sad note.
I feel terrible about it *sigh*
Jan 26, 2019 12:23 PM

Apr 2014
This anime is actually great. it took 14 episodes but episode 15 and on have been fantastic. What an ending to that episode, and it looks like Seth is gonna fight Torque based on the preview for next episode, this should be good.
Jan 26, 2019 1:28 PM
Jan 2019
Was that kiss on cheek or mouth?
Jan 26, 2019 1:38 PM
Jun 2016
I've been mostly enjoying this to date, but this is the first one that really made me hope for another cour, or this being extended two or more seasons hehe.
Jan 26, 2019 2:53 PM

Nov 2017
Excellent episode!

Hameline could have joined Seth if she had not sacrificed. :/ I love passing the new ending!
ElyshionJan 26, 2019 3:33 PM
Jan 26, 2019 3:55 PM

Aug 2017
Maked me seriously wander if I should keep watching this...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2019 4:41 PM

Jul 2015
This episode was pretty dang good!
Jan 26, 2019 4:48 PM
Jun 2017
I super love this episode, the BATTLE SCENE, AND THE STORY ON THIS ONE IS GREAT, full of magic and emotional moments between Seth and hameline.

Im just sad that hameline has been killed at the later part...

And well it looks like this one is going to be better as the episode are progressing as for them to use a miracle just to caught seth..... ohhh!!!

Definitely my favorite episode so far...
Jan 26, 2019 5:57 PM

Jul 2015
It gave me certain vibes. I wonder if it could go somehow like this:

"We can be better than this."

Jan 26, 2019 9:22 PM

Mar 2016
God dammit, why?
I was really starting to like Hameline, too.
Jan 26, 2019 10:42 PM

Oct 2008
This series got so good, how unfortunate that so many have dropped it early on because of such a weak start.
Jan 26, 2019 11:23 PM

Feb 2017
Where are the dangers in this series? He's battered up, yet he survives a battle with an experienced sorcerer. It makes the girl look weak as hell cause she doesn't inflict any harm direct harm with her attacks. The wind attacks are basically just harmless gusts of wind cause I didn't see the gusts of wind doing any sort of damage to the characters.

The story definitely got more interesting but everything is just convenient. To be honest, I feel like this series is trying to be like one piece.
Jan 27, 2019 2:31 AM
Jan 2019
How many chapters manga have?
Jan 27, 2019 3:20 AM

Mar 2016
It was nice that they made a sacrifice by killing the girl. I hate it when a story makes absolutely no sacrifices. (If the girl is actually alive in the future, then I will probably really hate it.)

It's funny how Seth can't explain why he is saving people that discriminate against him. The characters are just terribly written. All of the people are just "Save me!. . . Now, kill the person that saved me!!" At least let those crowd suffer from cognitive dissonance. Then, we can decide whom we like, and whom we dislike based on the conclusion they reach.

I feel like Grimm's design is subtly changing every episode. I'd rewatch and confirm it, but I really don't want to. lol.

I was planning to drop this if I didn't like this episode as well. Since it wasn't too bad, I guess I won't be dropping it.
Jan 27, 2019 3:22 AM
Sep 2017
midwiferuler said:
How many chapters manga have?
Actually 76 in France and 44 in English scantlation
Jan 27, 2019 3:33 AM

Apr 2014
Pyoung said:
What a fantastic episode. Man they really made a mistake by starting this series with slow comedic filler episodes. It made a lot of people drop this series. I hope the hype continues.

Which hype? The series is as dead as it could get, ask the director why he did the filler stuff which aggravated many manga readers and anime onlies who dropped it.
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Jan 27, 2019 4:04 AM
Sep 2017
AcceleratorAngel said:
Pyoung said:

Which hype? The series is as dead as it could get, ask the director why he did the filler stuff which aggravated many manga readers and anime onlies who dropped it.
Or why he transformed a mc who was refreshing by his will to not be the best and who don't give a shit about competiton who is also tormented by all the horrors he saw in Rumble Town and who is for the love of god not an umpteenth yeeling dumbass mc into random shonen mc #4385 who want to be the best sorcerer (even if it has not fucking link with the plot) and who is a cliché adorable dumbass mc like Luffy but without all that make luffy good. As you can see, i'm REALLY disapointed and annoyed by the anime and i don't really like it. More to that, they are actually rushing the Rumble Town arc WHICH IS A CANON ARC (they cut the scenes between Pidon and Seth) for putting like 5 shitty fillers episodes, WTF ???
JugoKunJan 27, 2019 4:09 AM
Jan 27, 2019 4:12 AM

Sep 2011
This was a really emotional episode, I love how Seth managed to touch Hameline instead of subjugating her with force. She was killed, but at least in the end she was able to believe in someone else again, to see that the answer she got to wasn't the only one.

But it hurts, as soon as the inquisition appeared the "good" citizens asked them to capture all of those "infected" people, even though three of them were fighting to protect them all along, what Hameline believed completely until she met Seth was pretty accurate after all.
Jan 27, 2019 4:51 AM

Jul 2015
well didnt expect hameline to throw such a tantrum there
i expected her to more baddass instead of being whiny but i like that anyways

Well...
Jan 27, 2019 10:29 AM

Jul 2017
My god I was not ready for this '-'
Emotional but in the good way, it made me think.
A french otaku. Not a surrender baguette.
Jan 27, 2019 12:48 PM

Feb 2015
Not really impressed, lots of shouting, crying and cliche Shounen nonsense. You can literally see what's going to happen.

Very few people are still watching at this point, after it finished I expect it will sink without a trace.
Jan 27, 2019 4:48 PM

Oct 2015
Kinda was expecting Hameline to die with a sacrifice as she did, pretty cliché if you tell me. It kinda was cliché for Seth to save her instead of kicking her ass and then the series punished her by giving a noble sacrifice.

Either way this an enjoyable episode even if it had those usual shounen moments.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 28, 2019 8:58 AM

Jul 2014
"Yeah, they're terrible to us and want to kill us, but they need us to protect them from the monsters. If we defeat the source so there are no more monsters and they don't need us anymore, they'll treat us better!"

Flawless logic. What a pile of shit this show is.
Jan 28, 2019 12:04 PM
Sep 2017
Sokah said:
"Yeah, they're terrible to us and want to kill us, but they need us to protect them from the monsters. If we defeat the source so there are no more monsters and they don't need us anymore, they'll treat us better!"

Flawless logic. What a pile of shit this show is.
Damn, is this really Seth's anime message? the manga speech was more like

Yep, i absolutely quoted a big part of the speech between Hameline and Seth, but it was to show how i find it better written than the anime's speech, if it's really this "Yeah, they're terrible to us and want to kill us, but they need us to protect them from the monsters. If we defeat the source so there are no more monsters and they don't need us anymore, they'll treat us better!" thing like you said. Yeah, like you can see, i (really) don't like the anime, because i find that it really simplifies the manga's message and writing.
Jan 29, 2019 10:15 PM

Oct 2008
wow! such solid episode! CLAP! CLAP!! CLAP!!!
now i like where this is going!!! they should really stop with the fillers and get on with the PLOT!
4/5.

Jan 30, 2019 1:29 AM
Jan 2019
Ryuseishun said:
God dammit, why?
I was really starting to like Hameline, too.
same. hoping for a typical anime revival trope for Hameline, :*(
but its best to let her Rest in Peace.
Jan 30, 2019 4:14 PM

Feb 2013
JugoKun said:
AcceleratorAngel said:

Or why he transformed a mc who was refreshing by his will to not be the best and who don't give a shit about competiton who is also tormented by all the horrors he saw in Rumble Town and who is for the love of god not an umpteenth yeeling dumbass mc into random shonen mc #4385 who want to be the best sorcerer (even if it has not fucking link with the plot) and who is a cliché adorable dumbass mc like Luffy but without all that make luffy good. As you can see, i'm REALLY disapointed and annoyed by the anime and i don't really like it. More to that, they are actually rushing the Rumble Town arc WHICH IS A CANON ARC (they cut the scenes between Pidon and Seth) for putting like 5 shitty fillers episodes, WTF ???

Well I am enjoying it.. Sorry you are disappointed
Jan 31, 2019 1:08 PM

Dec 2013
this episode man.... right in the feels

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Jan 31, 2019 5:26 PM

Nov 2009
so... which side will Seth go now?

He learned about Hameline's story and wanted to become friends.

Only to end in Tragedy cause of the asshole inquisitions.

___ ___ ___

And next episode, he apparently goes mindbreak and awaken his hidden power (like any other shounen MCs) but will most likely get shit on by the inquisitions because we all know the "church" in any series are "all-powerful".

I forsee the Sorcerer country have to randomly step in to save his ass.

That or Grimm also sacrifice himself too to save the MC. Because we all know the series will not kill off the MC, but it WILL kill off any other non-MC related characters.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Feb 3, 2019 4:44 AM

Dec 2014
To think only four episodes left...hmmm well making a villain into more sympathetic ...I hate that she dies and all that
Feb 3, 2019 7:53 PM

Mar 2009
I really hope she's not dead.
Feb 5, 2019 2:55 AM

Apr 2017
This episode was totally different... It was amazing ! I knew from the first 3 episode that this had potential, my intuition is so good it scares me.

『 The truth has power because it’s the truth.
And because it is the truth, that makes it just.
It’s persuasive, isn’t it? Don’t you want truth like that? 』

Feb 11, 2019 12:09 AM

Aug 2017
RIP Hameline. The only serious and, more or less, good written character in the entire show.

The whole fight is very convenient. Seth enduring Hameline's attacks is stupid. The bad guys are no different. Instead of apprehend Seth, they attack Hameline and killed her.

Even Seth's logic makes no sense, the "good" citizens want to capture he sorcerers despite that they saved everyone. They are not different from a generic villain. Yet, Seth thinks that he will change them lmao. Fuck the logic in this shit show.
NurguburuFeb 11, 2019 12:22 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 4, 2019 3:59 AM

Jun 2009
Did the dramatic music imply that I was supposed to care about any of this? Well, I didn't.
May 10, 2019 7:43 PM

Jun 2014
Hameline finally understood what Seth's path was, and in the end, she technically supported him, and sacrificed herself so he could get away.

It's too bad, because she would've been a great companion. General Torque is the evil that must be stopped.

Nov 11, 2019 8:18 AM

Sep 2014
Ehh. I felt apprehension from my experienced side of watching anime(s).. and it was 100% accurate hit - Hameline sacrifice to make MC progress with his character/ideals.
Too bad I really liked her character even as a villain (and if she would be villain to the end of arc it will be less painful role that sacrifice role to watch).
I like more depressed MC, but I bet it will be only few eps if not single then he would back to his cheerful mode.

Lately the keep killing characters/villains I used to like in series I have watched. Screw this. I'm out of my mind. Why them, why authors? You crazy sadists.
May 8, 2020 8:23 AM
Sep 2017
midwiferuler said:
Was that kiss on cheek or mouth?

idk but it sure was hot
Sep 3, 2020 6:02 AM

Jul 2015
Our boy Seth has quite the long charge list over there even though he probably gained those as kid.

Damn feels at the end, really started to like Hameline there with her sad past and willingness to forgive the people after Seth convinced her...rest in peace...

Mar 17, 2022 7:00 PM

Jul 2017
Easily the best ep. The developments were mad hype! Had to question when tf this series got this good by the end of the ep lol

Man... I grew to like Hameline so much with this ep. Can't believe that's her gone already. Got to be kidding me! fuck! Bring my girl back :(

Mar 2, 2023 3:55 AM
Jul 2021
sad and beautifull
Mar 2, 2023 7:04 AM

Oct 2017
I guess that's how filler arcs ruin an anime
I pretty much drop this anime first 3 episodes.
Then I went to manga and got to this part and quite moved by it.
I thought this series is like Fairy Tail but end up resemble Naruto + One Piece.

Like the beginning of this series is soooo bad it's hard not to drop it, and the studio dare to add so much filler on the weak beginning instead of trying to rush to this part in first 10 episodes or so and attract more audience.  

More topics from this board

Poll: » Radiant Episode 15 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2019

33 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 7, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Radiant Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2018

37 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 5, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Radiant Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2018

29 by dark_spirit010 »»
Mar 12, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Radiant Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2018

52 by FedeMetal »»
Oct 25, 2023 6:09 PM

Poll: » Radiant Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2018

71 by FedeMetal »»
Oct 25, 2023 9:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.