Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 24, 2019 10:35 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
I feel the writing is too black and white, good or bad. It's really rigid, one can even call it rigid writing. A lot of your points, I feel it too because of the black and white, but if you want to see a hero that is unliked, that is the appeal. As an isekai, hero anime it's just good enough entertainment for me.

1. She's a good guy so, (black and white) she'll grow up to be strong and fight bad.

2. The good guys like the shopkeeper likes her, the "bad guys" like the knights don't. Or by the anime, she grown more attractive, just some of that rigid writing.

3. The good guys are supposed to fight, again the whole story is so black and white and rigid like how the Shield Hero can't take off his shield/must only use the shield.

4. It's more about painting her as the bad guy, the people around are all the same menacing bad guy.

5. Good guys defeats evil. The true good guys will be good and the savior, the assholes will be assholes.

6. They all directed to either act good or bad.
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jan 24, 2019 11:50 PM

Dec 2013
-Mahesvara said:
Not really when half your points listed(1-3) are part of this...

Welp, I certainly could pick better examples (too lazy to skim through the episodes tho) but you get the point anyway.
Actually, 1) is still quite good, since this seems hardly explainable.

It was well explained in some post, so I'll just link it.

PS: actually, updated the thread with this quote.
PPS: please, guys, hold your horses. Why some folks already trash-talk for no reason at all?
And what’s with that boldface text in #51? Huh.
Kamiyan3991Jan 25, 2019 12:03 AM
Jan 25, 2019 2:02 AM

Dec 2015
My question is: When will the chars get as good as in Goblin Slayer - at least?
GS did a great job showing them just taking a rest and talking or sitting in the inn. Also the side chars were shown. It was nice.

Here it feels more like "grinding, selling stuff in the shop, grinding" + a bit flashback for the chars maybe. But they don't feel really likeable yet. I miss the interaction between the main and the villagers. Him taking quests and helping them. Withe every now and then an episodic story where also the problems of the villager are shown. Some recurring side chars with backgrounds. Stuff like that.

For now we only basically have the main + Raphtalia. Show keeper and others don't count since they didn't get much personality. (At least not yet.) Its only about selling and buying/upgrading stuff.

Could be because most people hated the shield hero. This might change now that he helped saving villagers. I only hope this won't stay with focus on grind and on main party but shows a bit more than that. Interaction with the world and villagers/cities/nations instead of just grinding and killing monsters.

And yes: Goblin Slayer did a great job on that despite the chars having no real name and only being called by their class/race. They showed the guild. Noobs (side chars) and even the city (at one episode where the chars were out for a walk) - besidse the main chars only killing stuff. (+ the main chars had interaction and dialogues.)
Jan 25, 2019 2:25 AM

Apr 2012
You trippin over BBC codes huh?
So you even want to be spoonfed the reasons for using boldface, you figure that out yourself instead of feeling entitled for an answer. I'm done wasting my time with these Troll bait tactics. I don't give a F about your reply now since you'd rather nitpick than address and answer me properly. F this shit I'm out.
Janethan23Jan 25, 2019 2:30 AM
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jan 25, 2019 3:11 AM
Jul 2013
Good thing I've read the manga ages ago lol so I can laugh at these ignorant threads with its Mr.KnowItAll OP who thinks he already figured out everything in just 3 episodes, do you think your some genius anime character or something? Coz that's just hilarious jumping to conclusions in basically just the prologue of the story if we're talking the length of the whole series (LN)

Protip: most of your questions have been answered already by the show lol blame your poor observation and lack of basic logic on it, and your other questions will be answered later on coz there's deep reasons for them but your better off dropping the show if you already couldn't comprehend it this early
Jan 25, 2019 3:15 AM

Oct 2017
Doesn't every isekai have the worst writing?
Jan 25, 2019 3:22 AM
May 2017
1) Okay, so that's how it goes. There's no such explantions on why she turned into adult, but I'll bet that it'll be explained in the future episodes because if doesnt, I'll call it BS.
2) True, their country is on a rival with the country of demi-humans where they treat them as slaves. Keep in fact that not everyone in "that" country treats them hatefully etc etc.
3) I mean, why not? It's in the other world? The proper question should be on why and how does that hour glass even work.
4) Go back to 1000 BCE and you'll know how mentally retarded people were.
EDIT: That one was stupid. No further explanations has yet been shown in the anime. Might as well not get explaiend so we'll just leave it to "that's how their world works" cliché
5) THAT. Zombie this. Zombie that. It's stupid. I agree with you. The fight scene looks awful lot. And about the knights, I'll bet again that they're have some sort of explanations.
6)
Kamiyan3991 said:

6) Characters.
In general, why can't anyone there acts like a normal being?

It's because they are in the "OTHER WORLD". I know. It's not obvious.

This anime ain't bad but not good either. Just watch till the end until you'll find that it's worth the watch or not.
KrulYunoJan 25, 2019 6:23 AM
Jan 25, 2019 3:51 AM

Dec 2013
KatsutoSaki said:

Well, they're not good in general (self-inserts, duh), but this one is particularly bad.

For example, I didn't have a problem with ReZero's storyline. I think it was more or less fine. It had some different issues, like bad pacing and whatnot, but at least the story itself seemed coherent.

But here? Well, they will probably explain it somehow, but I do expect some bs. Can't say I don't.
Jan 25, 2019 4:04 AM
Dec 2014
Kamiyan3991 said:
OK, so far we had 3 eps and that amount of bullshit/terrible writing deserves its own thread, no kidding. I'm lazy so I'll only post some bs from episode 3, spoiler ahead.

I've posted some examples only from episode 3. This writing actually doesn't make sense from the beginning.
TBH, I'm almost impressed by all of this. I never thought you could write so bad and get away with it. I mean, this is apparently #1 show this season.

Update!
I've posted some quote that appears to be on point.

Ariavartan said:
I must say- the show is full of plot holes. Two big ones I can't even pretend to not exist
-The whole Naofumi not being able to use any other weapon is a pretty giant one considering we have seen many times using stuff that can be used offensively, like the pickass in 2 and maze in 3. What does it really mean by not being able to wield any other weapon? That he can't wield it while intenting it to be used for killng? Or just any weapon that can be used offensively?
-I spoilered myself and got to know how she grew however that leads to another plot hole-how did her parents who must be at very high level lose against a dog when she was shown to mow down entire armies her self? Can demi humans grow up normally without leveling too?

Your thoughts?

The way the story is written is that the readers will discover information the same time as the main character. All your questions have answers it's just that right now the main character doesn't know them so you also don't know. Also if you are observing carefully you'd pick up the hints and clues to the answers to your questions.
Jan 25, 2019 4:22 AM
Nov 2018
Huex3 said:
Kamiyan3991 said:
OK, so far we had 3 eps and that amount of bullshit/terrible writing deserves its own thread, no kidding. I'm lazy so I'll only post some bs from episode 3, spoiler ahead.

I've posted some examples only from episode 3. This writing actually doesn't make sense from the beginning.
TBH, I'm almost impressed by all of this. I never thought you could write so bad and get away with it. I mean, this is apparently #1 show this season.

Update!

Your thoughts?

The way the story is written is that the readers will discover information the same time as the main character. All your questions have answers it's just that right now the main character doesn't know them so you also don't know. Also if you are observing carefully you'd pick up the hints and clues to the answers to your questions.

Don't try to feed the troll they won't listen to whatever you say and being some kind of excuse to argue that they are right. This has become a trend on social media they are everywhere nowadays.
If they were genuinely asking the question they would have understand what people are saying long time ago it's like they aren't even reading any replies.
Jan 25, 2019 4:27 AM
Aug 2018
Kamiyan3991 said:
KatsutoSaki said:

Well, they're not good in general (self-inserts, duh), but this one is particularly bad.

For example, I didn't have a problem with ReZero's storyline. I think it was more or less fine. It had some different issues, like bad pacing and whatnot, but at least the story itself seemed coherent.

But here? Well, they will probably explain it somehow, but I do expect some bs. Can't say I don't.

Give the show some time to get you acquainted with the world. You pretty much only know what Naofumi knows and you know that he knows next to nothing. All of your questions and stuff will be answered soon enough and I don't see them really being problems. That said, I do have some concerns about the directing of the anime. They have taken some liberties here and there that are actually going to hurt the anime in the long run. The early parts of this series are what hooked me from the get go and having read the manga/LN first I really don't feel the anime is doing it justice.
Jan 25, 2019 6:16 AM
May 2017
Turtles_Hunter said:
KrulYuno said:
4) Go back to 1000 BCE and you'll know how mentally retarded people were.
As someone with a degree in archaeology, this stuck me to be the stupidest comment of the whole thread. By far.

You got a fair point. Thank you for correcting me.
Jan 25, 2019 6:19 AM

Jan 2019
i very much agree with @Kamiyan3991

this series has some pretty shitty writing partly, by that i mean especially side-characters like the other 3 heroes, they are just illogically moronic

the story is also pretty generic, i haven't read the Novel but the Manga ain't better, on the contrary the Anime is better so far, because of small changes in dialogue/additions, the manga felt even more moronic, it might be just me imagining things.

Apart from that the Setting is okay, the Animation seems to be of high production quality, and the main character is written decently imo, the side-characters are written fairly okay too(raph,firo,blacksmith dude). But the main Problem is just that the other Heroes and common folk are just too stupid.. i mean come on the spear hero is such a retard its not even funny, its just aggravating. I only scored it with a 7 because the antagonists in the latest chapters are written fine and it seems the story might go somewhere actually from there on, otherwise i'd probably have scored it with a 5.

Naruto would be Einstein or Tesla compared to those three morons.
Its been a long time since i've seen something so incredibly aggravating
DenkiDestroy99XJan 25, 2019 6:31 AM
Jan 25, 2019 9:11 AM
Nov 2018
Daphi said:

this series has some pretty shitty writing partly, by that i mean especially side-characters like the other 3 heroes, they are just illogically moronic

the story is also pretty generic, i haven't read the Novel but the Manga ain't better, on the contrary the Anime is better so far, because of small changes in dialogue/additions, the manga felt even more moronic, it might be just me imagining things.

Apart from that the Setting is okay, the Animation seems to be of high production quality, and the main character is written decently imo, the side-characters are written fairly okay too(raph,firo,blacksmith dude). But the main Problem is just that the other Heroes and common folk are just too stupid.. i mean come on the spear hero is such a retard its not even funny, its just aggravating. I only scored it with a 7 because the antagonists in the latest chapters are written fine and it seems the story might go somewhere actually from there on, otherwise i'd probably have scored it with a 5.

All three heroes get a lot of character development later on. If you didn't know spear hero has hia own spin series which has 4 volumes.
So don't assume those people will be idiotic forever.

Edit: Also if you consider the real world too 99.9% people would support a girl in case of rape accusation regardless of any lack of evidence or illogical reasoning.
Jan 25, 2019 9:25 AM

Jan 2019
Dhyan_manu said:
Daphi said:

All three heroes get a lot of character development later on. If you didn't know spear hero has hia own spin series which has 4 volumes.
So don't assume those people will be idiotic forever.

Edit: Also if you consider the real world too 99.9% people would support a girl in case of rape accusation regardless of any lack of evidence or illogical reasoning.

Its fine if they get decent Character Development in the Novel but its just too over the top.
Besides, the Story doesn't seem any better than any other Isekai Manga i've been reading.
Then People trash on SAO, for me all these Isekai Series are exactly on the same level.

It makes me sad because i heavily enjoy that type of Setting, if only someone managed to write a fantastic story with great characters on top of it we would surely have a masterpiece on our hands. Maybe in the next 10 years :D

Also regarding what u said considering the real world hmm.. Maybe, but just what pissed me off personally was the dialogue and the way it was written.

But i still think this is way too overhyped with that 8.5 score.
I mean, i wanted to watch/read more than simple Tower Defense with badly written betrayals.
Jan 25, 2019 9:33 AM

Jun 2015
Lmao my rating dropped the overall rating by 0.01 points lol. I agree with OP btw. This show is soooooooo generic and predictable.
Read Toriko!
Jan 25, 2019 9:34 AM
Nov 2016
yea that show is pretty much garbage
Jan 25, 2019 9:37 AM
Feb 2017
So funny

Wait and see.

If you dont like the show, dont watch (:

And go complain on boruto 12 years old show
Jan 25, 2019 9:47 AM

Aug 2013
It's another run-of-the-mill isekai seasonal with a self-insert protagonist, complete with slave babes. What did you expect, really?

I know a lot of people are overhyping it, but I mean, this is the same community which considered Bunny Girl a masterpiece of clever storytelling last season (and that other anime which must not be named). You shouldn't consider anything here with less than a fuckton of salt.
Jan 25, 2019 9:47 AM

Feb 2011
@Huex3 & @MastaJiggyWiggy I was beaten to the punch. Basically, we don't know anymore than the MC. It's not bad writing; it's just different. Notice how the story hasn't shown how other characters are moving behind the scenes, yet. You either fill-in the blanks on your own or wait till it's revealed. Unfortunately, only readers pickup on the foreshadowing. It gives the series re-watch value for anime-onlys. However, I agree the adaptation doesn't do the source material justice, and doesn't reach its full potential.

@Kamiyan3991 I'm sure many have told you this already, but I'll repeat in my own words as I've told everyone else with similar complaints: it's too soon to judge the series as a whole. This is the worst writing you've seen in a while, is it? Guess that means I've seen worse, and that's after watching/reading the whole series. Your standards don't apply to everyone else. Also, I'd be careful when using words like "everybody" and "anyone" when your not even halfway through the series. Not "everybody loves our adult loli now", and we've already seen a character or two "[act] like a normal being." I'd try to find the answers to my own questions before asking if I were you, or make sure my statements were accurate before stating them. You'd need to have watched the whole series to do that here, but you didn't. It's not like you're comparing the first 3 episodes of every anime you've watched either. Your argument boils down to "I've seen better", and that's after you completed those series. Don't go comparing Shield Hero to those before you've even completed it.
ReloadJan 25, 2019 10:06 AM
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Jan 25, 2019 10:05 AM

Nov 2011
Ariavartan said:
I must say- the show is full of plot holes. Two big ones I can't even pretend to not exist

-The whole Naofumi not being able to use any other weapon is a pretty giant one considering we have seen many times using stuff that can be used offensively, like the pickass in 2 and maze in 3. What does it really mean by not being able to wield any other weapon? That he can't wield it while intenting it to be used for killng? Or just any weapon that can be used offensively?
-I spoilered myself and got to know how she grew however that leads to another plot hole-how did her parents who must be at very high level lose against a dog when she was shown to mow down entire armies her self? Can demi humans grow up normally without leveling too?

There's a plot hole in your own post. If the pickax is a weapon, then why the fuck would Naofumi not try to attack the dog with it instead of running away with Raphtalia?
The answer is that it's not a weapon, but a tool that Naofumi can use when mining ores. And if he tried to use it as a weapon, he would get shocked for doing so.

And to answer your second question, yes demihumans can get older without leveling up. Why else do you think that Raphtalia looked like a 10 year old kid while only being level 1?

About her parents, did they have anything to use as a weapon? No. Did they have any armor to protect them from the dog's attacks? No. So how the hell would they be able to fight?
NthDegree said:
Just a LN reader popping in here to remind that just because something "gets explained" doesn't mean it's not total BS.

I agree with the OP.
No it doesn't, it's called world building. Naofumi has no idea how the world works, much less how demihumans age/grow up. And as a fellow LN reader, you should know that the information is revealed less than 5 chapters later. So its not like the author forgot to explain it for several books and then suddenly realized that he had forgotten that, and decided to come up with some sort of explanation.
Jan 25, 2019 10:31 AM

Dec 2013
Demyx_IX said:
No it doesn't, it's called world building. Naofumi has no idea how the world works, much less how demihumans age/grow up. And as a fellow LN reader, you should know that the information is revealed less than 5 chapters later. So its not like the author forgot to explain it for several books and then suddenly realized that he had forgotten that, and decided to come up with some sort of explanation.

Jan 25, 2019 10:36 AM

Nov 2011
NthDegree said:
Demyx_IX said:

I haven't read that far, so I don't know what you're talking about. Having said that, it sounds like your standard plot twist. If I'm interpreting what you're talking about, right.
Jan 25, 2019 10:58 AM

Aug 2008
lol funny battering here, i one i do not care if is bad written or good as long i enjoy it
dany out
The spider is watching
Jan 25, 2019 11:37 AM

Nov 2011
Satyr_icon said:
It's another run-of-the-mill isekai seasonal with a self-insert protagonist, complete with slave babes. What did you expect, really?

I know a lot of people are overhyping it, but I mean, this is the same community which considered Bunny Girl a masterpiece of clever storytelling last season (and that other anime which must not be named). You shouldn't consider anything here with less than a fuckton of salt.
Says the one who rated Blackclover higher than Devilman crybaby. It's not hard to see why you think so poorly of bunny-senpai and this show, since they're not shonen trash
Jan 25, 2019 11:41 AM

Nov 2016
Since when do People expect this much from an Isekai? Isekai is like Anime fast food. Its not the best but its still enjoyable. Some can be good like TENSURA or Log Horizon but they are the exception, not the norm sadly.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2019 12:05 PM

Aug 2013
Demyx_IX said:
Says the one who rated Blackclover higher than Devilman crybaby. It's not hard to see why you think so poorly of bunny-senpai and this show, since they're not shonen trash

So, let's see. You enter in my dropped list. You see I gave Black Clover a 10. After 1 episode. With the tag "funnier than the grand blue anime 10/10".

And you don't even hesitate in coming here and calling me out for it.

I must ask, are you really that dense? because being in this forum for so long has made me insensitive to trolling, so I really don't know whether it's that or if you're just silly.
Jan 25, 2019 12:12 PM

Nov 2011
Satyr_icon said:
Demyx_IX said:

So, let's see. You enter in my dropped list. You see I gave Black Clover a 10. After 1 episode. With the tag "funnier than the grand blue anime 10/10".

And you don't even hesitate in coming here and calling me out for it.

I must ask, are you really that dense? because being in this forum for so long has made me insensitive to trolling, so I really don't know whether it's that or if you're just silly.
Given that I am on mobile, and it only shows ratings for shows that you have rated, I had no idea what you wrote.

For someone who claims to be insensitive to "trolling ", you're quick to getting angry.
Jan 25, 2019 12:30 PM

Aug 2013
@Demyx_IX Do you have anything at all to say or are you just mad I dissed the anime you like...? Because otherwise this is really pointless lol
Jan 25, 2019 12:34 PM

Nov 2011
Satyr_icon said:
@Demyx_IX Do you have anything at all to say or are you just mad I dissed the anime you like...? Because otherwise this is really pointless lol
Right back at you, pal.
Jan 25, 2019 12:40 PM

Jan 2013
papsoshea said:
redcobra said:
More shitpost ,why mal cannot ban this people.

It's just your oppinion. Wacth until the end. Don't judge by one or two episode.
Don't judge by one or two episodes? Then why did you rate it a 10?

-----

Ai yai yai!

I see the same stupid people from the Goblin Slayer threads making the same asinine responses to differing viewpoints. And instead of discussing, most just attack like the little fanboys that they are.

HA! Got heeeeeem!
Jan 25, 2019 1:00 PM

Apr 2018
I enjoyed the show so nothing else matters.
Jan 25, 2019 1:58 PM
Oct 2015
@Kamiyan3991 to be honest, everything what you have pointed, was explained in manga/novel, so they will (i hope) explain it in later episodes, like c'mon bruh, we have 3 episodes so far and 22 awaiting.
The best solution to your concerns is to just grab source material ;)

edit:// maths too hard
VizzPJan 25, 2019 2:02 PM
Jan 25, 2019 2:13 PM

Feb 2011
papsoshea said:
redcobra said:
More shitpost, why MAL cannot ban [these] people[?]

It's just your [opinion]. [Watch] until the end. Don't judge by one or two episode[s].
Don't judge by one or two episodes? Then why did you rate it a 10?
-----
Ai yai yai!

I see the same stupid people from the Goblin Slayer threads making the same asinine responses to differing viewpoints. And instead of discussing, most just attack like the little fanboys that they are.
I wish we wouldn't go out of our way to look at each other's profiles to attack as well. The stats before the series is complete doesn't represent the final score, or anyone's verdict of the entire series. At most, it represents expectations. Stating "worst writing I've seen" without taking into account all the writing is preemptive, and shouldn't be taken seriously. If we're going by score alone, 10s are optimistic viewers with high expectations; while 1s are extremely pessimistic viewers who likely weren't the target audience. MAL's mean score represents the optimists when it comes to series that haven't finished airing. Honestly, it's better to go into a story with no expectations, but that always proves difficult for readers. In this case, readers are looking forward to the MC getting payback since they know it's coming. MC himself doesn't really make an effort to do so though.

Truth be told, I didn't believe this series would get an adaptation. Sure, Overlord had dark elements as well, but Shield Hero is one of those stories that goes off the rails. I'll say no more on the subject.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Jan 25, 2019 3:23 PM

May 2017
Yeah, after thinking about it. I just stop caring about threads like these anymore.
You are clearly not the target audience of this show if you don't like it after 3 episodes. Just drop it. It's that simple.
Unless you like suffering and be a masochist, then go ahead. I don't judge.

I felt like people nowadays gets uninterested in things really quickly. If everything is not revealed within an episode or two, it's automatically bad writing.
Whatever, I've said too much.
copyrightRingoJan 25, 2019 3:27 PM
「ボクは…確かに現実に絶望している。だけど、自分には絶望していない!! 今がつまらないか…楽しいのか…平凡なのか…決めているのは現実じゃない。決めるのはボクだ!!ボクが望めば不可能はない!!」-桂木桂馬
"True, I've given up on the real world. However, I haven't given up on myself!! The world doesn't get to decide whether my life is boring, fun, or ordinary because that's my decision to make!! As long as I have the will, nothing is impossible!!" -Katsuragi Keima
Jan 25, 2019 3:38 PM
Jul 2017
After reading all of the posts in this thread all i want to say is that if you hate the show so much then how about you just leave and let us enjoy it in peace without you.

You won't have to write pages and pages of hate mail about some show you don't like, And we won't have to listen to you.

Problem solved.
Jan 25, 2019 3:40 PM
Jul 2017
Sushantbro said:
My man. immune to the haters. Respect.
Jan 25, 2019 5:15 PM

Aug 2012
1. It's explained later why she grew faster.

2. Not everyone hates demi humans, the blacksmith is an easy example besides it isn't uncommon for men who hate a certain race to like still like it's women.

4. You cant compare it to anything IRL. There isn't single country that is a matriarchy IRL. Women in this world hold more power are more likely to be believed, especially when the person who is being accused is the shield hero.

6. There's some normal humans beings.
Jan 25, 2019 8:26 PM

Apr 2018
man_with_a_beard said:
Sushantbro said:
My man. immune to the haters. Respect.
This is my nindo, my way of life
Jan 25, 2019 8:34 PM
Feb 2017
VeryLTTP said:
Geez, the span of some people's patience is the length of a gnat. The only point I agree with the OP is #5 where the enemies (and the villagers who were fighting against them) were standing still as if it's some turn-based JRPG.

That's a majority of critics tbh, how ironic.
Jan 25, 2019 8:51 PM

Jan 2019
It's the level of hypocrisy that always seem to fascinate me. You hate plot holes but like plot hole ridden anime like gintama and erased. (shounen in general have a ton of plot holes) I agree with people here, you are baiting people with some of the most redundant of complaints explained then and there. Its explained why she grew up, not everyone is the same, the animation budget, and the fact the women has more power and trust than an alleged rapist. It's not hard to read unless you feign intelligence. This is just my 2 cents on how the series is and how this thread is ran. I implore you read the responses rather than look for one to agree with. Better to challenge what you think than to only seek for the same sentiment.

Edit: spelling errors and a few more sentences
I'm new.

Jan 25, 2019 9:02 PM

Dec 2016
I'm more or less in agreement with the sentiment of @Kamiyan3991's comments, if not the specifics. While I would hardly say that this is the worst writing ever, it is definitely bad considering the current MAL rating. The first episode stood out to me as being particularly contrived.

Now, just because a series has weak writing doesn't mean that it can't or shouldn't be enjoyed. However, it is a little worrying that people are so bent on outright dismissing criticism. It's one thing if you just want to enjoy a show without thinking about it, but quite another if you get worked up because someone else decided to make a few critical observations.

And by the way, not being the target audience has nothing to do with whether the writing is good or not.
Jan 25, 2019 9:31 PM
Oct 2014
So, i was going to argue about how the show is not bad and the writing is ok... but then i saw that op guy rates forgettable Hitsugi no Chaika as a 10... and... yeah...

The writing is not the problem, it's him.
Jan 25, 2019 9:37 PM
Jan 2013

you have shit taste and you even point of stuff that was easliy adressed in the show.Everybody is calling you out on it.It seems that you just hate isekai for the sake of it.And you are going into retarded nitpicking territory when you like utter trash like bakemongatari,were every interaction is a meme filled with plotholes and contrivances.

You are just a moronic hater with no leg to stand on.

Jan 25, 2019 9:40 PM
Nov 2018
genesic123 said:
Kamiyan3991 said:

Update!

Your thoughts?
Kamiyan3991 said:

Update!

Your thoughts?

you have shit taste and you even point of stuff that was easliy adressed in the show.Everybody is calling you out on it.It seems that you just hate isekai for the sake of it.And you are going into retarded nitpicking territory when you like trash like bakemongatari,were every interaction is a meme filled with plotholes and contrivances.

You are just a moronic hater with no leg to stand on.

That's the definition of a TROLL so stop replying to this thread let it die already.
Jan 25, 2019 9:41 PM

Apr 2007
I feel like people try to watch an anime they're not in the mood for and then shit on it because at that moment they don't find it appealing. It's all about timing my bros.
Jan 25, 2019 10:16 PM

Dec 2016
I feel like people watch an anime and then have a bitching fit if anyone else says anything remotely negative about it. It's all about perspective my dudes.
Jan 25, 2019 10:25 PM
Dec 2018
Saying you dont like the anime and explain why is one thing but calling it wrost writing ever seen when clearly theres a huge fanbase behind it is just asking for a fight. For me this post is just so people who dislike this anime can bond really. And most this negativity is just becouse this anime is getting more attettion then any other shows of this season.
Jan 26, 2019 12:45 AM

Dec 2008
Demyx_IX said:
Satyr_icon said:
Right back at you, pal.

Jfc get a room already!
Jan 26, 2019 2:02 AM

Nov 2016
Another one of these threads hating on something because it's somewhat popular, I was actually expecting it a bit earlier
Also if this is the first time you encounter a race that age differently from humans then you need to watch more staff I guess
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2019

236 by SanessyAdversary »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2019

292 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 8:46 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2019

270 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 6:36 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2019

355 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 22, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2019

190 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 22, 6:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.