Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

SAO Creator is heavily influenced by Political Correctness in the US that he will make more Strong Female Characters.

Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 23, 2019 2:23 AM

Nov 2018
Everyone knows that SAO is the Justin Bieber of anime for being trash but now it just cross the line of trash that the creator is now accepting request from SJWs in the west.

Now let me quote the one from Sankakucomplex (can't add link because NSFW site)

''Sword Art Online creator Reki Kawahara has admitted he is so cucked by the climate of political correctness overseas that he has started to fill his works with empowered queens so as to appease the more cancerous elements of his barbarian fanbase and not be accused of misogynistic wrongthink.

Sitting down alongside Nio Nakatani (artist for manga “Yagate Kimi ni Naru”) and Ai Kayano (Seiyuu for Sayaka in Yagate Kimi ni Naru and Alice for Sword Art Online), Kawahara revealed how badly he fell for the strong independent womyn meme, and that he actually thinks the opinions of his programmers are correct (and maybe also that he spent altogether too much time reading yuri manga)''

Click here to see the interview

I'm sure you won't believe it but it's true
Do you think this will affect the anime/manga/LN industry?
What would you do if this happens?

source : https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2019-01-21/sword-art-online-author-reki-kawahara-says-female-characters-should-not-be-treated-as-trophies/.142337
Anime sucks, all of them are bad and that's a fact!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 23, 2019 3:00 AM

Sep 2017
San-Diego said:
Everyone knows that SAO is the Justin Bieber of anime for being trash but now it just cross the line of trash that the creator is now accepting request from SJWs in the west.

''Sword Art Online creator Reki Kawahara has admitted he is so cucked by the climate of political correctness overseas that he has started to fill his works with empowered queens so as to appease the more cancerous elements of his barbarian fanbase and not be accused of misogynistic wrongthink.

Sitting down alongside Nio Nakatani (artist for manga “Yagate Kimi ni Naru”) and Ai Kayano (Seiyuu for Sayaka in Yagate Kimi ni Naru and Alice for Sword Art Online), Kawahara revealed how badly he fell for the strong independent womyn meme, and that he actually thinks the opinions of his programmers are correct (and maybe also that he spent altogether too much time reading yuri manga)''

source : https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2019-01-21/sword-art-online-author-reki-kawahara-says-female-characters-should-not-be-treated-as-trophies/.142337
i didnt expect this, but if he do that i'll stop reading his novel. Dont get me wrong, i dont hate yuri but that is not suit my taste. And please no more heroine in SAO, we need guy like Eugeo to be Kirito's best buddy, there are already lot of heroine. Also, lot of people like the bromance between kirito and eugeo and thats what makes this alicization good
Jan 23, 2019 4:10 AM
Jan 2018
San-Diego said:

zalapeno said:
San-Diego said:

i didnt expect this, but if he do that i'll stop reading his novel. Dont get me wrong, i dont hate yuri but that is not suit my taste. And please no more heroine in SAO, we need guy like Eugeo to be Kirito's best buddy, there are already lot of heroine. Also, lot of people like the bromance between kirito and eugeo and thats what makes this alicization good

So what just becouse he wants to increase his females representation and give them more emphasis on their lives and stop using the word heroine and start making the female characters more like a protagonist is ..a bad thing

and wont being down playing the male characters involvement

AND BEFORE PEOPLE START GOING ON THE BANDWAGOON HES TALKING ABOUT PROGRESSIVE (maybe) AND UNITAL RING NOT WHAT YOU ARE SEEING IN THE ANIME ATM

Also like 40% of vol 21 is on silica and lesbeth with a few back story's and more development .

While kirto and asuna are doing their own thing

No where does it say he will actually write a Yuri relationship into SAO .
Mattinator95Jan 23, 2019 4:28 AM
Jan 23, 2019 5:26 AM

Mar 2011
I liked SAO Alicization until now, but now I'm thinking of dropping it. I will wait to see and if it gets SJW enough I'll drop it.

One thing is for sure I will not be watching any other SAO ever again!!!
Jan 23, 2019 5:57 AM
Jan 2018
Genjurooo said:
I liked SAO Alicization until now, but now I'm thinking of dropping it. I will wait to see and if it gets SJW enough I'll drop it.

The anime currently isn't going to be affected becouse it has already been written for like 2 years now he talking about improving the female characters and give them more representation in the next arc that he's currently writing now . And he didn't say he will put. Yuri in Sao only that he would like to write one . One day

He mentioned how he dislikes how he wrote his female characters in the past and wants to him them some indepence and empthises on there lives so they aren't just trophy s and said he won't be down playing kitro as the main character like most people are probably thinking
Mattinator95Jan 23, 2019 6:25 AM
Jan 23, 2019 6:41 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i saw this and this is all i have to say

I absolutely

LOVE

what he's doing

BUT

i absolutely

HATE

why he's doing it

Jan 23, 2019 6:51 AM

Nov 2011
I like how people who doesn't like the series to begin with gives a lot of crap about it.

Anyway, the series is about to end anyway. If he give female characters stronger role, I don't see what's could be bad with that.

Do people love Kirito that much?

This is just an excuse for people to reignite their hateboner for the series.

Jan 23, 2019 6:52 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Mattinator95 said:
EcchiGodMamsterP said:

I absolutely

LOVE

what he's doing

BUT

i absolutely

HATE

why he's doing it

Depends what does he mean exactly that he will to some extent use PC . As it could mean something else in Japan

obviously being me, thats the kind of thing i LOVE to see in anime

nothing is sexier to me than female characters in positions generally associated with guys as well as when they get treated like guys

im just hoping like you said, he keeps his wokeness "japanese" and still does things that will trigger westerners

as long as he keeps them the same as the other girls then there should be no issue
Jan 23, 2019 6:52 AM
Jan 2018
EcchiGodMamsterP said:

I absolutely

LOVE

what he's doing

BUT

i absolutely

HATE

why he's doing it

Because he got opinions of overseas fans on how he writes is female characters yet when he decides to write them with more representation people still complain .

Also people seem to think Yuri will be in Sao. It was never stated he only showed interest in writing a Yuri relationship one day . That can mean many things
Jan 23, 2019 6:54 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Mattinator95 said:
EcchiGodMamsterP said:

I absolutely

LOVE

what he's doing

BUT

i absolutely

HATE

why he's doing it

Because he got opinions of overseas fans on how he writes is female characters yet when he decides to write them with more representation people still complain .

Also people seem to think Yuri will be in Sao. It was never stated he only showed interest in writing a Yuri relationship one day . That can mean many things

is there ANYTHING that people in the anime community don't complain about?
Jan 23, 2019 6:58 AM
Jan 2018
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
Mattinator95 said:

True . But i got a feeling the interview is getting misunderstood . Can't tell for sure what he plans to do as he hasn't really started yet . But apprently he foucsed on 2 of the less written girls in the lastest volume .
Jan 23, 2019 6:59 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Mattinator95 said:
EcchiGodMamsterP said:

True . But i got a feeling the interview is getting misunderstood . Can't tell for sure what he plans to do as he hasn't really started yet . But apprently he foucsed on 2 of the less written girls in the lastest volume .

hey man.. i want more girls to get into the battles, especially bad ones

i just don't want obvious wokeness XD
Jan 23, 2019 7:07 AM
Oct 2012
Genjurooo said:

EcchiGodMamsterP said:

I absolutely

LOVE

what he's doing

BUT

i absolutely

HATE

why he's doing it

Author is not Talking about SJW, he don't care about SJW.

What he is referring to when he said "feedback from oversea" is the huge amount of vocal SAO hater that were saying he got created girls to just be throphy for Kirito.

this is exactly what all the haters were complaining about, and he just said he try to not be that way anymore.

the politically correct that he is talking about got nothing to do with SJWs and they are not even liked in japan.

moreover, the reason he talk about writing yuri is because he is in a interview with a yuri writer that he was a fan of. the author of Bloom Into Yui.

also keep in mind SAO was written in 2001 to 2008 until the end of of alicization, so this whole anime we see now is a decade old.
He already write Mother's Rosario which was a story about girls and with Asuna and Yuuki as the MC of it back in 2004 ! so these are his own idea and way of thinking. and not just coz he want to please some SJW lol

his Vol21 which is the only new story he write in main SAO is also very good and he just using all the old cast of females more and not making any special shit like suddenly making them lesbian or adding a new lesbian girl lol
Jan 23, 2019 7:11 AM
Jan 2018
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
Mattinator95 said:

What does woke mean in this context I have seen many use it but for different situation s
Jan 23, 2019 7:18 AM
Oct 2012
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
Mattinator95 said:

what he did in vol21 is for the first time actually showing us some of Silica's PoV ! we got to see her character and detail of her other real life friends aside from the SAO gang and then we got to see her in game with Liz and Yui, solving the problem at hand and going through "danger" all of these is Great and very much needed time for them. and all of these happen while it got nothing to do with kirito.

just like how we got to know more about Klein and his guild in Ordinal Scale Movie, we finally getting some for other girls like Silica.

and while all of these are there, Kirito and the others are not cast aside either and he didn't focus too much on silica to make it boring for ppl who are not fan of that.

but he gave her some much needed independent time, coz lets be real, since she came in a small side story in Aincrad, she was only there to lose her pet ! kirito save her then use her as a bait ! then show a bit of fanservice in anime ( tho there wasn't one in novel ) and afterward she is just there in the background being " one of the kirito rejected fan club girls " and nothing more.

even in OS movie, she was only there for Asuna to try and save her and lost her memories coz she was saving her ! but Reki Kawahara was already doing her some more justice with the her liking to sing part ( even tho i found that cringe lol )

Overall, I'm LOVING what he is doing atm and It's great if he keep it just as he is doing now.
that interview is great but someone who don't know him or the whole context of the interview might misunderstand him.
Jan 23, 2019 7:22 AM

Dec 2017
Real fans complained about Kirito not being human and that his story needs to be fixed. Not women representation since they are already strong characters themselves.
Yeah right there is no way a doujin about vomit exists.
Good song https://soundcloud.com/yeungkakit33/op4-hekireki-last-alliance
Tsumino account is BigMaraIppo
Another Good Song Listen to テスト by mukami #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/mukami/77a
Ashita no Joe and Megalo box are disappointing anime.
My reviews:https://myanimelist.net/profile/Botan-Chan45/reviews
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
discord name: Chitoge Kirisaki#9564
https://discord.gg/nGKu6zx my discord server for plebs
Jan 23, 2019 7:33 AM
Oct 2012
Botan-Chan45 said:
Real fans complained about Kirito not being human and that his story needs to be fixed. Not women representation since they are already strong characters themselves.

not really, Kirito already is a human and got a lot of character in the novels, anime adaption is just bad at explaining it or they just outright cut it ! for example look at this summery of a chapter they never animated if u feel like it :
https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/9zzvh0/sword_art_online_alicization_episode_8_discussion/eae0l67/

his story as well is great and got very few plot hole, there is rarely any asspull at all and everything got a nice and logical explanation.

but that's all in the novel and not the anime.

Reki Kawahara know his flaws more than anyone else.

his flaws are some female character like Silica were indeed used just like a throphy and for occasional comedy or looking cute. I explained in my post above yours.

his other flaws was his messy story pacing ! Aincrad was skipped for all of it lol although it had it's own reasons. and Alicization also just jump 2 years of academy training completely.

but these are all stuff he write from 2001 to 2008.
so in his new work, Volume 21+ and SAO Progressive he is actively fixing these flaws he have !

in Progressive he is writing about Aincrad floor by floor !
and in Vol21 Unital Ring Arc he is giving all the characters more depth and character.
Jan 23, 2019 7:34 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
@Pedram

well good good, this is honestly what i was expecting...

if he just wants more non damsels in distress for the male to save while not getting rid of those that already exist, i have no problem with that

it becomes an issue when something is completely changed just to appease a minority of sensitive whiners, as long as hes not doing that, then it should be fine

as i keep saying, i want more girls like that

Mattinator95 said:
EcchiGodMamsterP said:

What does woke mean in this context I have seen many use it but for different situation s

"getting woke" means catering toward SJW complaints so just imagine how that COULD apply to an anime
Jan 23, 2019 7:47 AM
Jan 2018
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
@Pedram

if he just wants more non damsels in distress for the male to save while not getting rid of those that already exist, i have no problem with that

it becomes an issue when something is completely changed just to appease a minority of sensitive whiners, as long as hes not doing that, then it should be fine

Mattinator95 said:

"getting woke" means catering toward SJW complaints so just imagine how that COULD apply to an anime

XD I'm really out of the loop half the time I swear they keep adding more stuff onto SJW it's hard to keep track on what to like and dislike
Jan 23, 2019 7:47 AM

Dec 2017
Pedram said:
Botan-Chan45 said:

not really, Kirito already is a human and got a lot of character in the novels, anime adaption is just bad at explaining it or they just outright cut it ! for example look at this summery of a chapter they never animated if u feel like it :
https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/9zzvh0/sword_art_online_alicization_episode_8_discussion/eae0l67/

his story as well is great and got very few plot hole, there is rarely any asspull at all and everything got a nice and logical explanation.

his flaws are some female character like Silica were indeed used just like a throphy and for occasional comedy or looking cute. I explained in my post above yours.

his other flaws was his messy story pacing ! Aincrad was skipped for all of it lol although it had it's own reasons. and Alicization also just jump 2 years of academy training completely.

so in his new work, Volume 21+ and SAO Progressive he is actively fixing these flaws he have !

and in Vol21 Unital Ring Arc he is giving all the characters more depth and character.
Except his counterpart said that they aren't trophies. Even saying they have a ton of character and are strong.
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
Jan 23, 2019 7:48 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Mattinator95 said:
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
@Pedram

XD I'm really out of the loop half the time I swear they keep adding more stuff onto SJW it's hard to keep track on what to like and dislike

im constantly keeping updated, so far its seems as though japan is the only country they can't really touch

just imagine the uproar if anime got woke lol
Jan 23, 2019 7:50 AM
Jan 2018
Botan-Chan45 said:
Pedram said:

Except his counterpart said that they aren't trophies. Even saying they have a ton of character and are strong.
Botan-Chan45 said:
Pedram said:

You mean the bloom into you author that he's a fan of
Jan 23, 2019 7:51 AM
Jan 2018
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
Mattinator95 said:

im constantly keeping updated, so far its seems as though japan is the only country they can't really touch

Cough NETFLIX cough
Jan 23, 2019 7:53 AM

Dec 2017
Mattinator95 said:
EcchiGodMamsterP said:

Cough NETFLIX cough
Netflix barely has influence. They just buy rights to show it in America which only lasts about a month and then they give it to CR.
Jan 23, 2019 7:58 AM
Jan 2018
Botan-Chan45 said:
Mattinator95 said:

Cough NETFLIX cough
Netflix barely has influence. They just buy rights to show it in America which only lasts about a month and then they give it to CR.

Ah ok see I'm really be out of the loop. Guess this is what happens when you spend most of your time playing video games and watching anime while working morning shifts as well
Jan 23, 2019 7:58 AM
Oct 2012
Botan-Chan45 said:
Pedram said:

come on, they are in a interview and 70% of the start of interview Reki Kawahara was praising the other guy's work, do u expect him to say, yeh some of your female characters are bad ? ofc he will praise Reki's work as well.

they both are acting humble here and downgrading their own work while praising the other guy's work lol
specially Reki, coz it's his habit of being very critical of his own work, he write about this way back in Volume 2's afterword back in 2009 as well ! when Silica and liz were only just introduced in vol2 !

SAO indeed got some good female characters like Asuna. but it also got some bad ones like Silica.
The author know it himself,
He also mention this exactly that as he was writing the story he keep on adding more female unconsciously w'o setting a good role for them.
so what he is referring here is not Asuna or Sinon or such who each had their own Arc and their own character development. it's the one like Silica or Liz that are mainly ignored.
Jan 23, 2019 7:59 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Mattinator95 said:
EcchiGodMamsterP said:

Cough NETFLIX cough

LMAO yep, how to take a series and change the main character or w/e else just to not be labeled an "ist"

at least its not the anime industry doing that though, so w/e
Jan 23, 2019 8:03 AM

Dec 2017
Pedram said:
Botan-Chan45 said:

come on, they are in a interview and 70% of the start of interview Reki Kawahara was praising the other guy's work, do u expect him to say, yeh some of your female characters are bad ? ofc he will praise Reki's work as well.

they both are acting humble here and downgrading their own work while praising the other guy's work lol
specially Reki, coz it's his habit of being very critical of his own work, he write about this way back in Volume 2's afterword back in 2009 as well ! when Silica and liz were only just introduced in vol2 !

SAO indeed got some good female characters like Asuna. but it also got some bad ones like Silica.
He also mention this exactly that as he was writing the story he keep on adding more female unconsciously w'o setting a good role for them.
so what he is referring here is not Asuna or Sinon or such who each had their own Arc and their own character development. it's the one like Silica or Liz that are mainly ignored.
Silica isn't even a bad character, same goes with liz. I'm not gonna argue further, and take your word that it's developing a character more.
Jan 23, 2019 8:03 AM
Jan 2018
Pedram said:
Botan-Chan45 said:

He is complementing Her work .

Anyway what's this fuss about progressive and asunas treatment some says she's awesome and some say it's concerning
Jan 23, 2019 8:05 AM
Jan 2018
Botan-Chan45 said:
Pedram said:

Silica isn't even a bad character, same goes with liz. I'm not gonna argue further, and take your word that it's developing a character more.

They haven't really had that much growth though . After anicrad vol 2 Short storys they are pretty much background characters while the other 3 have had there own arcs and had more development
Jan 23, 2019 8:13 AM

Oct 2017
So Sword Art Online, one of the last stands of conservatism in anime, will change to cater gutmenschen? Unless I see it, I'd abstain to comment until I see actual changes since what people are commenting here that is to correct some errors of the older LNs like Silica.
"What a Player, what a Champion here at Wimbledon, the first man to win 8 Championships."
Andrew Castle on Roger Federer winning his 19th Grand Slam title.
Jan 23, 2019 8:14 AM
Oct 2012
Botan-Chan45 said:
Pedram said:

yeh she is not a bad character but she is neglected very badly. we had nothing about her.
I dare say 90% of anime viewer if asked to tell u about her, can only say cute loli or the girl with the dragon pet. there is nothing much more coming into their mind. that mean she is vastly underdeveloped.

and all the time we saw her she was in the background or revolving around kirito or something kirito wanted to do. that's until OS Movie and Vol 21 which came after 2017.
Jan 23, 2019 8:23 AM

Dec 2017
Mattinator95 said:
Pedram said:

Anyway what's this fuss about progressive and asunas treatment some says she's awesome and some say it's concerning
Prog has been detailing the first arc and the "treatment" of Asuna is nothing more than feminist whales complaining about fiction
Jan 23, 2019 8:33 AM
Oct 2012
Botan-Chan45 said:
Mattinator95 said:

Prog has been detailing the first arc and the "treatment" of Asuna is nothing more than feminist whales complaining about fiction

what ? O.o
SAO Progressive was started in 2012 because A-1 Asked for story of Kirito and Asuna's first meeting for EP2 of anime.
then it continue coz Japanese fan liked more about Kirito and Asuna and they liked more Asuna story. plus Reki always wanted to write floor by floor and fix his skipping aincrad back in 2001, so he continued.
it got nothing to do with feminism lol let alone in Progressive not only a lot of asuna is focused, many other male characters are also develop and focused. and I love it.
PedramJan 23, 2019 8:36 AM
Jan 23, 2019 8:37 AM

Dec 2017
Pedram said:
Botan-Chan45 said:

what ? O.o
SAO Progressive was started in 2012 because A-1 Asked for story of Kirito and Asuna's first meeting for EP2 of anime.
Progressive is detailing the floors in the aincrad arc. You even said it did brah. The treatment of Asuna thing is talking about how people think she is a bad and weak character.
Jan 23, 2019 8:39 AM
Oct 2012
Botan-Chan45 said:
Pedram said:

what ? O.o
then it continue coz Japanese fan liked more about Kirito and Asuna and they liked more Asuna story. plus Reki always wanted to write floor by floor and fix his skipping aincrad back in 2001, so he continued.
it got nothing to do with feminism lol let alone in Progressive not only a lot of asuna is focused, many other male characters are also develop and focused. and I love it.
Progressive is detailing the floors in the aincrad arc. You even said it did brah. The treatment of Asuna thing is talking about how people think she is a bad and weak character.

hmm I tho u saying that ppl are complaining saying Progressive was created coz of feminism. nvm lol :D
Jan 23, 2019 8:45 AM
Jan 2018
Botan-Chan45 said:
Pedram said:

what ? O.o
tlato_but said:
So Sword Art Online, one of the last stands of conservatism in anime, will change to cater gutmenschen? Unless I see it, I'd abstain to comment until I see actual changes since what people are commenting here that is to correct some errors of the older LNs like Silica.

Gonna be a while . It won't ready for animation untill like 5 years . And people will most likely hear the fuss when he starts pumping out more volumes

But other people need to reliase that season 3 has nothing to do with it as it's been written for like 2 years
Jan 23, 2019 8:46 AM

Dec 2017
Pedram said:
Botan-Chan45 said:

hmm I tho u saying that ppl are complaining saying Progressive was created coz of feminism. nvm lol :D
Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Jan 23, 2019 9:02 AM
Oct 2012
Botan-Chan45 said:
Pedram said:

no worry, i was in a hurry to respond and then go turn off the oven for my dinner, didn't read it carefully :D

Mattinator95 said:
Botan-Chan45 said:
tlato_but said:

Gonna be a while . It won't ready for animation untill like 5 years . And people will most likely hear the fuss when he starts pumping out more volumes

But other people need to reliase that season 3 has nothing to do with it as it's been written for like 2 years

you are wrong about season 3 tho, it was not written 2 years ago.
Alicization was written from 2005 to 2008. lol it just got published as LN from 2013 to 2016.

btw, even back in 2005 there was actually a lesbian girl in Alicization, Reki didn't lie saying he was a fan of yuri since a long time ago. ( he even mention some of the old stories he used to read in his twitter in respond to some of his fans that asked for what he liked )
that girl is not really important tho, it might not even be included in the anime. they might completely skip it.

if u wanna know about her :
Jan 23, 2019 9:22 AM
Oct 2012
samet2 said:
Im still fucking livid that they censored the rape scenes to hell and back because of SJW's. Fuck America, honestly.

it's a TV show and there was a lot of blood not suitable for TV.
they will release uncensored version for Bluray.

if anything they made the "attempted rape" scene much more graphic than the novel, in the novel there was only a touch on the girls face. while in the anime they added licking and slapping and such.

so yeh they are not censoring this for any particular reason but just coz the TV can't show so much blood until bluray.

and thats the japan part, the other censoring by CR or such american site, i don't know.
Jan 23, 2019 9:46 AM
Oct 2012
samet2 said:
Pedram said:

it's a TV show and there was a lot of blood not suitable for TV.
they will release uncensored version for Bluray.

if anything they made the "attempted rape" scene much more graphic than the novel, in the novel there was only a touch on the girls face. while in the anime they added licking and slapping and such.

so yeh they are not censoring this for any particular reason but just coz the TV can't show so much blood until bluray.

and thats the japan part, the other censoring by CR or such american site, i don't know.

They send Funimation/or Crunchyroll idk wich one but they send them censored versions of the episode specifically made for western audiances. They cut 10 whole seconds in total. It's fucking retarded. They pretty much RUINED the ENTIRE episode by spoiling the rape scene in the beginning with the warning. So cutting scenes only for the West and spoiling the episode. I will never forgive them for this.

I'm pretty sure the "warning" at the start of the EP is made by CR and Funimation themselves tho, specially after the blacklash coz of Goblin Slayer, they did that.
so most of the problem is at America and CR/Funimation etc and their Representative that send them their video source. I also Agree with you kinda and hate any kind of censoring but i don't care that much either.
Anyway, i gtg now. laters.
Jan 23, 2019 9:54 AM

Feb 2018
I know, right, san diego-chan?

I'm so fucking SICK of all this political correctness.
Jan 23, 2019 10:05 AM
Sep 2017
This forum on this issue is more informative and know the whole situation.Somebody should this post on the "thequartering" youtube comment section who doesn't know the whole situation.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2019 10:22 AM
Oct 2012
weeabootakbankai said:
This forum on this issue is more informative and know the whole situation.Somebody should this post on the "thequartering" youtube comment section who doesn't know the whole situation.

even if someone put a link in the comments there no one would notice it and it would get lost anyway.
unless someone contact the youtube owner in another way and tell him but i doubt he would change anything either now.
but damn he could not even read kirito's name correctly :D

most of the comments there are trolls and sao haters just saying stuff like "SAO was shit anyway let it get more shit" and getting a lot of like.

someone's comment way something like " YEH YEH YEH YEH YEH YEH YEH YE YEH" repeat this 10 time, and he had a bunch of like !

while another comment that actually explained this was lost in the comments under 1000 other comment and had only 1 like !

this comment :
Jan 23, 2019 10:36 AM
Jan 2018
Pedram said:
Botan-Chan45 said:

no worry, i was in a hurry to respond and then go turn off the oven for my dinner, didn't read it carefully :D

Mattinator95 said:

you are wrong about season 3 tho, it was not written 2 years ago.
Alicization was written from 2005 to 2008. lol it just got published as LN from 2013 to 2016.

btw, even back in 2005 there was actually a lesbian girl in Alicization, Reki didn't lie saying he was a fan of yuri since a long time ago. ( he even mention some of the old stories he used to read in his twitter in respond to some of his fans that asked for what he liked )
that girl is not really important tho, it might not even be included in the anime. they might completely skip it.

if u wanna know about her :

Yes I know about the web novel but it was finshed as a LN in 2 years ago
Jan 23, 2019 12:38 PM

Nov 2009
SAO is shit, but the triggered incels are pretty funny.
Jan 23, 2019 12:43 PM

Nov 2016
TBH, He has been doing this for a long time but Until now he didn't want to admit it or to fully do it because of the backlash it would've gotten (And it Got). If his novels start doing poorly after this he will proably go back on it like I said in another thread.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2019 1:14 PM

Mar 2011
Pedram said:

What he is referring to when he said "feedback from oversea" is the huge amount of vocal SAO hater that were saying he got created girls to just be throphy for Kirito.

this is exactly what all the haters were complaining about, and he just said he try to not be that way anymore.

the politically correct that he is talking about got nothing to do with SJWs and they are not even liked in japan.

moreover, the reason he talk about writing yuri is because he is in a interview with a yuri writer that he was a fan of. the author of Bloom Into Yui.

also keep in mind SAO was written in 2001 to 2008 until the end of of alicization, so this whole anime we see now is a decade old.
He already write Mother's Rosario which was a story about girls and with Asuna and Yuuki as the MC of it back in 2004 ! so these are his own idea and way of thinking. and not just coz he want to please some SJW lol

his Vol21 which is the only new story he write in main SAO is also very good and he just using all the old cast of females more and not making any special shit like suddenly making them lesbian or adding a new lesbian girl lol

Then why the hell even mentions "feedback from overseas"? I don't read manga ... ever, but Alicization doesn't seem stupid trophy for Kirito thingie, does it?

Oh and I'm fine with yuri. As long as there is no yaoi, shota and other gay crap and ugly female characters or weak male MC, I'm fine with everything.

The scare is justified and originates from what feminshits and other SJWs had done to western entertainment and their neverending jihad for uglyfication of the media to fit their insane ideology. Would you want the same thing for anime? Already is a widespread war on both Loli and Boobs originating from the same nutjobery.
On a related note Shimbori from DoA franchise (fighting games) unsexes female characters because "muh such imagery not acceptable in current era". This is unacceptable.

In the end, as I said, I'll be still watching Alicization, unless they do some cuck move later on. And no feminshit sjw will be able to stop me.
Jan 23, 2019 3:15 PM
Oct 2012
Genjurooo said:
Pedram said:

Then why the hell even mentions "feedback from overseas"? I don't read manga ... ever, but Alicization doesn't seem stupid trophy for Kirito thingie, does it?

Oh and I'm fine with yuri. As long as there is no yaoi, shota and other gay crap and ugly female characters or weak male MC, I'm fine with everything.

The scare is justified and originates from what feminshits and other SJWs had done to western entertainment and their neverending jihad for uglyfication of the media to fit their insane ideology. Would you want the same thing for anime? Already is a widespread war on both Loli and Boobs originating from the same nutjobery.
On a related note Shimbori from DoA franchise (fighting games) unsexes female characters because "muh such imagery not acceptable in current era". This is unacceptable.

In the end, as I said, I'll be still watching Alicization, unless they do some cuck move later on. And no feminshit sjw will be able to stop me.

He did not mention oversea about the yuri part. that was just him talking with the other yuri author and telling him he always liked writing yuri etc
He used to say he like yuri a bunch of time before as well, if u search hard enough u can find his quotes.
like this one from 2012 on his twitter : https://twitter.com/kunori/status/190038718898376704
back in 2012 he said he was gonna make one too. and this tweet is not the only one.

he mentioned the oversea feedback about the "female as throphy" part, and that's the complain that he mainly get ONLY in oversea sites, like youtube videos and SAO's bad reviews on this site ! or some others.

SAO is very liked and not hated in japan, so he didn't notice these stuff, coz no one complain to him about these, but when he read those reviews and stuff from oversea reviewers and haters, he decide to do a better job.

seriously, i can't count HOW MANY time i heard someone in youtube or MAL or other sites in outside of japan, complaining about the other girls in SAO like silica and such and say they are useless or are just there to be a throphy or harem member for Kirito.

Reki Kawahara unlike many other author is very good at English and many time he even answer random fan's English tweet to him, he even answered mine once. so it's nothing unsuaul for him to read and see these "oversea complains" and become conscious of this part of his story and try to change.

this got nothing to do with SJWs.
and seriously, he is not an idiot. SAO is the best selling LN in japan right now and it is on Top 5 most liked LN in yearly ranking every single year for 8 years in row since 2010 !
What he is doing is just what he believe is a good thing for becoming a better writer, and not just to please any kind of group. there is no SJW loving in japan atm so he will only get blacklash in japan and fail if he do something extreme or stupid.
even if he was stupid enough, Miki Kazuma never let him do this.

but anyway, i am 99.99% sure what we getting is what we got in his newest book that was released just 1 month ago in December, and I'm loving it :D so Good job on him and hope he become more satisfied with his own work :D
Jan 23, 2019 6:01 PM
Jan 2019
"he will make more strong female characters"
more harem yeay!
fuck this shit, another garbage incoming
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» My enjoyment of Alice is kinda ruined because of Darkness from Konosuba

BigBoyAdvance - Mar 24

11 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 24, 10:33 PM

» Anyone else lowkey prefer Alice to Asuna?

Marinate1016 - Jun 25, 2019

47 by Marinate1016 »»
Mar 24, 11:38 AM

» Kirito needs medical help cause this man’s been through it all

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 11

32 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 14, 9:57 AM

» I just finished this and ""O MY GOD ""

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Mar 2

43 by Fenyy »»
Mar 5, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

190 by fssf1606 »»
Feb 12, 2:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.