Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 7, 2018 11:57 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was quite an emotional episode.

To be honest, I don't completely blame Okabe for being angry at Daru like that but he did go overboard a bit considering that he didn't consider their feelings first. Maho is right about the Steins;Gate. I'm pretty sure there are still secrets or a way for both Kurisu and Mayuri to exist in the ALPHA world line.

I guess this series is heading towards it climax soon with all this buildup. Can't wait to see how the events will unfold~
Aug 8, 2018 12:04 AM

Jun 2017
banana diet hmmm ;/

really curious on the details of this banana diet and its nutritional value
Aug 8, 2018 1:08 AM

May 2016
Damn this was some good episode actually the best since zero started.
Aug 8, 2018 1:11 AM

Apr 2015
Mayuri, Daru and Suzuha grew so much to me in 0 over the original.

This and episode 8 are the best episode of the franchise so far for different reasons. The stakes are high here.

Mayuri crying like that, she can't hold it in anymore, you think she threw all those parties going wrong for herself to cheer up?

Daru's Punch, the meme begins. Depressing episode overall

MxxxstationAug 8, 2018 2:13 AM
Aug 8, 2018 5:30 AM

Jan 2013
A powerful episode all around. Really liked the voice acting
Aug 8, 2018 5:33 AM

May 2012
Manly tears were shed....
Aug 8, 2018 6:06 AM

Oct 2013
Damn this was one hell of an episode. Definitely one of my favorite episode in the entire series. The emotions brought forth by the VAs were top notch.

Daru just needed to say Mongrel and this would have been 12/10
Aug 8, 2018 6:07 AM

May 2015
Poor Mayuri :((((
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 8, 2018 6:38 AM

Feb 2016
MY FEELINGS GOT DESTROYED! Can't wait for Today's Episode
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Aug 8, 2018 7:05 AM

Jan 2018
I loved this episode so much!
This and episode 8 are one of my favorite episode of the series!
I literally cried in the last scene and it broke my heart so much!

Aug 8, 2018 7:38 AM

Feb 2013
Stupid Okabe made Mayushii sad.
Lol, Maho is stupid, she is comparing some lame school stuff with seeing the one you love die over and over again.
Aug 8, 2018 7:51 AM

Dec 2016
Ulquiorra said:
Stupid Okabe made Mayushii sad.
Lol, Maho is stupid, she is comparing some lame school stuff with seeing the one you love die over and over again.

Yeah, she should have just said that she can't understand what she went through as opposed to trying to relate those two things.
Aug 8, 2018 7:52 AM

Dec 2016
Klad said:
A powerful episode all around. Really liked the voice acting

The voice acting is great. That's to be expected from modern anime though since the VA scene in Japan is so competitive.
Aug 8, 2018 8:37 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Great emotional Epsiode!

Mayuri has finally learned of the truth (again) and the outburst of emotions that followed was seriously depressing. Daru snapping too was shocking but understandable, it was all just an emotional ride.

Okabe Rintarou has been out of sorts the whole season and it’s about time for Houywin Kouma to return! Hiyajo talking to him as if she understood him was a little baffling but she didn’t mean any harm, so I guess it’s fine.

I’m looking forward to the next epsiode which is just about a couple of hours away from now. See y’all in Epsiode 17 Discussion!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 8, 2018 9:48 AM

Nov 2015
This was an amazing episode. This episode marks the beginning of the most powerfull and epic episodes from the VN.
Aug 8, 2018 3:42 PM

Oct 2013
Best episode so far this season. Being Mayuri is suffering :(

Aug 8, 2018 4:24 PM

Dec 2012
Best episode indeed.

There's comedy, emotional rage, emotional sad. WOW!

Aug 10, 2018 11:00 AM
Jun 2016
This, episode 8 and the cliffhanger ending of episode 7 are hands down the best parts of Steins;Gate 0 so far. The character interactions and emotions were GOLD in this episode!
Aug 13, 2018 3:20 AM
Jun 2017
ONE OF THE BEST EPISODE of SG 0, that emotional talk of Okabe and Mayuri really made the episode so sad and depressing. I just hope okabe will be finally awaken..
Aug 14, 2018 12:19 PM

Apr 2007
Im glad the forums discussions are back

also very good episode been a while...steins gate 0 rly had trouble with pacing
Aug 21, 2018 12:14 PM

Dec 2014
here to hope that mad scientist wakes up again… this series becomes more and more mind boggling….
Aug 22, 2018 10:14 PM
Jul 2018
finally a much needed strong episode from this show I could ask for after long run of average episodes. I think voice acting really made it better. Okabe's situation is pretty understandable but still hoping his mad scientist power awakens sooner or later..
Sep 6, 2018 1:02 AM

Aug 2017
An intense episode. Okabe doesn't want to lose Mayuri again.

Mayuri crying was sad :(

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 6, 2018 11:49 AM

Dec 2014
most emotional episode since ep8, i need some time to recover from this

and also im curious to see where the story leads, the tension is real here .....
Send me Friend requests!!!!
Sep 18, 2018 6:17 AM
May 2015
This anime isn't only abt WW3 but who will Okabe choose: Kurisu or Mayuri?
That's why the author made it this complicated with time travel and alpha world etc.
Oct 7, 2018 12:45 PM

May 2012
Quite a hectic episode, especially the quarrel part... nice development but the pacing did change slightly. That ending was just super sad to be honest!
Oct 15, 2018 7:29 AM
Jun 2017
I'm so emotional for this episode!
Okabe snapping at Daru was one of the most intense scenes in Steins;Gate 0 since Okabe has suffered through so much hell and he doesn't deserve this suffering :'(
Neither does anyone else! ughhhh, these characters are destroying me!
Mayuri is so precious and seeing her cry hurts so much! :((

Amazing episode! I'm glad to see the plot being better paced! <3
Oct 15, 2018 1:28 PM

Jul 2009
Like the VN I wasn't a fan of Maho here.

The problem is I don't think her argument was written particularly well. I think it would have been better suited to argue from a more emotional standpoint, i.e. "Wouldn't you endure 1000 Kurisu deaths if you could find one where she isn't dead?" Okabe has had to go through so many terrible things. She also has the gall to compare it to doing science experiments. I mean come on...She just refuses to acknowledge that...and it irks me. Wish she would have phrased it differently.

The "keep trying to avoid WWIII" and "find the one line where she's alive" are better arguments.
Oct 30, 2018 6:37 PM
Oct 2018
That episode was a masterpiece. I legit cried because of this.

Let's see what happens... I still wanting to know how Okabe managed to plan Operation Skuld. The hype is real
Dec 16, 2018 6:40 PM

Nov 2016
This episode is pretty darn good, I loved this scene in the VN and I love it here. Mayuri finally knows why Okarin is the way it is and what he had to do to save her. Okarin finally snaps with help of Daru and Hijayo. Still I think he should had snap before in the countless discussions with Suzuha. Still Maho failures are in no way compared to Okabe suffering, Altair & Vega next!
Dec 26, 2018 1:01 PM

Mar 2016
When Daru made the bin fall... Just 1 word... Fuck...

Okabe is not just angry at Daru for attempting to build the time leap machine, he's mad furious! Daru can't even respond to Okabe, even though Okabe is insulting Daru directly. However, when Okabe started to direct his anger towards Maho, Daru snapped 180. I can't believe Daru punched Okabe! That punch though will at least calm Okabe, Okabe's mad furious state is something that can't easily be calmed down.

I love Maho's argument regarding to how she views the world as formulas. And that if they try their hardest they may be able to solve the problem and reach the perfect Steins; Gate worldline. Now I do believe in that. As she also mentioned the solution is amongst the infinite possibilities the world holds. That clearly is enough to encourage Okabe to pursue to find the solution. But of course, it's not that easy. He's the only one that has to carry the heavy burden of the pain that is required to go through to reach the perfect Steins; Gate world line.

I can't believe that Maho compared her failures to be better than Kurisu to Okabe's failure in saving Mayuri and finding the perfect worldlines, amongst the many he had done. Comparing them is totally absurd! I know Maho has suffered so many failures that I imagine that she might've thought about giving up. But that pain is nothing compared to Okabe! Although it seems impossible for Maho to surpass Kurisu, there's always a chance, but for Okabe, no matter what he does, if the specific worldline he's on has sealed Mayuri's fate. There's nothing he can do in that worldline to save her aside from going to another worldline. Or significantly changing the past...Simply... Nobody can ever match with the pain Okabe has gone through over and over again!

The excruciating pain that Okabe has to endure to attempt reaching the perfect Steins; Gate worldline is the main barricade stopping Okabe to do so. All this time, he wanted to believe that his decision to stay in this worldline is correct and that there's nothing wrong with this worldline, but of course, Mayuri said otherwise. The pain in Okabe's eye never seems to fade since that day he gave up on saving Kurisu.

Holy, this ep is intense! Both in terms of conflict between characters and also themselves. Seeing Mayuri cries for regretting her decision and blaming Okabe'seternally saddened state on herself easily made me tear up too (T^T). The voice acting in this ep is surreal, it's realistic. Oh, the feels...
Dec 26, 2018 1:20 PM

May 2016
ShadowZ_AnimeZ said:

I can't believe that Maho compared her failures to be better than Kurisu to Okabe's failure in saving Mayuri and finding the perfect worldlines, amongst the many he had done. Comparing them is totally absurd! I know Maho has suffered so many failures that I imagine that she might've thought about giving up. But that pain is nothing compared to Okabe! Although it seems impossible for Maho to surpass Kurisu, there's always a chance, but for Okabe, no matter what he does, if the specific worldline he's on has sealed Mayuri's fate. There's nothing he can do in that worldline to save her aside from going to another worldline. Or significantly changing the past...Simply... Nobody can ever match with the pain Okabe has gone through over and over again!

I think she didn't compared. She just said that Okabe now has the same face as she had after the failures. Because she sees that way that Okabe haven't truly gave up yet to find Steins Gate.
-
Dec 26, 2018 1:48 PM

Mar 2016
SheevPalpatine said:

I think she didn't compared. She just said that Okabe now has the same face as she had after the failures. Because she sees that way that Okabe haven't truly gave up yet to find Steins Gate.

But she did pretty much state that her suffering is at the same level as Okabe. Therefore she was comparing their suffering, even if she does so indirectly.

Anyway, I have to focus on ep 18 lol.
Jan 18, 2019 6:35 AM

May 2009
Watching Steins;Gate 0 usually makes me either really sad or really, really frustrated... or in this case, both.

Okabe understandably gets crazy mad at Daru for trying to rebuild the time leap machine, because he doesn't want any time machines built, ever. But when will he see... people are already building time machines, Okabe! And Suzuha and Daru are actually trying to PREVENT those time machines from being built. So they want the same thing as him: to stop time travel!

It's been 16 eps. Okabe needs to realize already that he and Suzuha are on the same side, trying to accomplish the same goal. Realize that he should be working with her, not against her. Okay, maybe he can't work with her because he's burnt out, he can't handle the emotional turmoil anymore. But at least he can let her and Daru work on it, instead of desperately trying to stop them.

There's zero reason why Okabe should want to stay on this world line. His dearest wish is a world without time machines, because in his experience they never work for the better and only leave you to suffer horrible consequences for trying. Then why... why on earth would he want to stay in a world line where, as his trustworthy time-travelling niece has confirmed, time machines will certainly be built and cause a world war that destroys 80% of the population? Zero reason... maybe that's what the zero in Steins;Gate 0 stands for.
ilmareJan 18, 2019 8:06 AM
Jan 18, 2019 12:07 PM

May 2016
ilmare said:
Watching Steins;Gate 0 usually makes me either really sad or really, really frustrated... or in this case, both.

Okabe understandably gets crazy mad at Daru for trying to rebuild the time leap machine, because he doesn't want any time machines built, ever. But when will he see... people are already building time machines, Okabe! And Suzuha and Daru are actually trying to PREVENT those time machines from being built. So they want the same thing as him: to stop time travel!

It's been 16 eps. Okabe needs to realize already that he and Suzuha are on the same side, trying to accomplish the same goal. Realize that he should be working with her, not against her. Okay, maybe he can't work with her because he's burnt out, he can't handle the emotional turmoil anymore. But at least he can let her and Daru work on it, instead of desperately trying to stop them.

There's zero reason why Okabe should want to stay on this world line. His dearest wish is a world without time machines, because in his experience they never work for the better and only leave you to suffer horrible consequences for trying. Then why... why on earth would he want to stay in a world line where, as his trustworthy time-travelling niece has confirmed, time machines will certainly be built and cause a world war that destroys 80% of the population? Zero reason... maybe that's what the zero in Steins;Gate 0 stands for.

No. You totally misunderstood Okabe's behavior.

It is not about that he wants to stay on this worldline. It is about that he is 100% sure about that he can't reach Steins Gate worldline. That he can't change the past in this Beta Attractor Field. Like how it happened in Alpha. No matter how many time he tried to save Mayuri, he failed. The only solution was to escape from Alpha Attractor Field. Also, the one who chose the Beta Attractor Field was Kurisu. Not Okabe.

As he thinks, every world (Attractor Field) has laws, which are defined by God. Changing the past is not the province of humanity, it is the province of God. Changing the past means that you try to challenge God. If challege God, he will punish you for your arrogance, and you will suffer more. This is what he said in the 1st episode, and in this episode too. That's what Okabe thinks. And he has reasons to think that, because literally this is what happened to him in the first series.

Also, if you watched episode 9 carefully, he believes that they can avoid World War III without using time travel.
-
Jan 18, 2019 1:53 PM

May 2009
SheevPalpatine said:
No. You totally misunderstood Okabe's behavior.

It is not about that he wants to stay on this worldline. It is about that he is 100% sure about that he can't reach Steins Gate worldline. That he can't change the past in this Beta Attractor Field. Like how it happened in Alpha. No matter how many time he tried to save Mayuri, he failed. The only solution was to escape from Alpha Attractor Field. Also, the one who chose the Beta Attractor Field was Kurisu. Not Okabe.

I understand Okabe's behavior. The entire point of my message is that his behavior makes zero sense, and he can't see that he's being unreasonable, because he is depressed. Yes, that's very realistic and that's the main theme of this entire anime. But it's been 16 episodes already. It's about time our young Japanese Einstein realized that Suzuha has a point. That's what I'm trying to say.

Yes, Okabe is desperate to stay on that world line because as I said in my previous post, "in his experience time machines never work for the better." Yes, he has every reason to feel justified in this belief. We actually know it isn't justified, since we already know Steins;Gate timeline exists and is reachable. But then again, the least he can do is not stop Suzuha and Daru, because they want the same thing. Okabe is one of my favourite characters ever and I feel terrible for him, but seriously, when I put myself Suzuha's shoes - if I'd seen all that destruction and witnessed all those murders, I would be seriously pissed off at him for not trying, and moreover, for trying to stop me from trying. (No spoilers, but watching episode 20 only cemented this feeling.) And again, we're 16 episodes in. It's been long enough. He needs to come to this realization already.

SheevPalpatine said:
Also, if you watched episode 9 carefully, he believes that they can avoid World War III without using time travel.

I was already pretty sure that Okabe never said anything along the lines of "I believe we can avoid World War III without using time travel" but I still I rechecked ep.9 just in case and indeed Okabe doesn't say any such thing. He only wonders if they can prevent the War, and it actually seems like that's the first time he even thought about the subject. Then he thinks that if Kurisu were there, she would've said they should at least try.

So he tries, by destroying Kurisu's laptop. That doesn't change the fact that Kurisu's father still has her time travel paper at Russia, and American's still have Amadeus with Kurisu's memories. So he really couldn't do much.

Also, Okabe knows that as long as Suzahu is there, it's absolutely certain that time machines are invented and WW3 happens. If they avoided that future, Suzahu would have disappeared along with the time machine.
Jan 18, 2019 2:31 PM

May 2016
ilmare said:

I was already pretty sure that Okabe never said anything along the lines of "I believe we can avoid World War III without using time travel" but I still I rechecked ep.9 just in case and indeed Okabe doesn't say any such thing. He only wonders if they can prevent the War, and it actually seems like that's the first time he even thought about the subject. Then he thinks that if Kurisu were there, she would've said they should at least try.

So he tries, by destroying Kurisu's laptop. That doesn't change the fact that Kurisu's father still has her time travel paper at Russia, and American's still have Amadeus with Kurisu's memories. So he really couldn't do much.

Also, Okabe knows that as long as Suzahu is there, it's absolutely certain that time machines are invented and WW3 happens. If they avoided that future, Suzahu would have disappeared along with the time machine.

I will recheck episode 9 then, it was a long time ago. But I remember something.

For the second point, you are right. But Okabe did not realized what is the root cause of WWIII

For the third point, on Suzuha's disappearance...
Actually, the disappearance of Suzuha at the end of the original series is considered as a plothole (the only plothole in the whole series). So she does not have to disappear if they prevent WWIII. She came from the previous worldline's future, not the current one's. Time travel changes the worldline, so a time traveler always come from a previous worldline's future.
-
Feb 16, 2019 3:17 PM

May 2013
Poor Mayuri :(

I'm so mad at Okarin, how can he tell her that she shouldn't think about the future or Kurisu when he's so indiscreet about it. Of course she's going to worry. She's an adult, but for some reason she's the only one he keeps treating like a child, like a helpless damsel in distress, like someone useless who wouldn't be able to contribute anything if she tried. So he just tells her to pretend all the tragedy around them just doesn't exist. It's extremely selfish of Okarin, and I'm glad Daru punched him. I hope Daru does it again, clearly one punch wasn't enough. 😠
落下のように、いつも落ちる。いつか救われることができるのかな? または落ち続けるでしょうか?永遠に
Feb 26, 2019 7:38 PM

Dec 2012
I CRIED DMN IT! I WAS A MESS. The moment Okurin blurt it all out and when Daru hit him, sht. This one got me. OMG. I'm still sobbing. :'(

- barely alive -
Mar 23, 2019 10:45 AM

Jan 2013
Really sad episode :/
A lot of conflict and explanations to the reasonng of decisions the characters have made.
Maho saying that there must be a Steins;Gate, a world where no WWIII happened, where Kurisu and Mayuri didnt die, that there are infinite possibilities should be a good way to wake up Okabe.
I know it's going to be hard after literally everything's he's going through, stuff most of the other characters couldnt even compare to but damn it Okabe, it's time to finally wake up!

Also Mayuri at the end killed me :( - Every time, every worldine she can see what pain he goes through, she knows she's missing something, the stuff she's been through in other worldlines.
Saddens me to see Okabe just say she should forget about it all, not to think about it :/
Mar 28, 2019 7:21 AM
Jun 2017
Everything Hiyajo says is right yet I can't help but feel for Okarin.
Apr 4, 2019 8:45 AM

Jan 2017
Mayurii is like the best girl out there man!!
and Okabe is the worst dickhead,,at least give her a hug!!fuck hououin kyouma!! >_<
May 7, 2019 12:52 PM

May 2010
Seeing Ruka in male uniform was a nice surprise, he looks like an entirely different character!

Poor heat broken Mayuri, she deserves all the happiness in the world! Gotta say, KanaHana did amazing job AGAIN, her voice breaking at certain points made me teary-eyed again.
Jul 5, 2019 2:12 AM

Dec 2018
While Steins Gate worldline is good and all, I think the attractor field moved to someone's death except Kurisu or Mayuri. So, Steins Gate worldline may be good on Okabe's perspective and bad on other's perspective. Unless, Steins gate worldline had the same attractor field as one of the worldline except this worldline only reversed Mayuri and Kurisu's fate.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jul 15, 2019 11:44 PM
Oct 2017
It keeps sinking further into trash land. No one is listening even when they hear consequences repeatedly. Then Daru's stupid ass punches O for talking about what he experienced and wants him to apologize, who writes this crap? Go to hell, Daru. F Maho as well for lying & saying she's glad chunky dork punched him. Hating this so much.
Jul 16, 2019 12:34 AM

May 2016
BiggKab said:
It keeps sinking further into trash land. No one is listening even when they hear consequences repeatedly. Then Daru's stupid ass punches O for talking about what he experienced and wants him to apologize, who writes this crap? Go to hell, Daru. F Maho as well for lying & saying she's glad chunky dork punched him. Hating this so much.

Looks like you didn't understand at all this episode. Daru punched Okabe because he hurt Maho by his words ("are you want to become a murderer?") with no cause, since Maho didn't want to send a D-Mail since she is aware of the consequences.

Okabe deserved that punch

Where did Maho lie? What are you talking about?
-
Aug 13, 2019 6:03 AM

Mar 2015
Wow this episode was very emotion-fueled.. but Okarin is being a bit selfish I think!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 13, 2019 4:52 AM

Jul 2015
Really annoyed me how legal loli was like "i know how u feel after failing multiple times", in my opinion Okarin's suffering is totally different as in it has devastating negative results

Sep 15, 2019 6:13 AM
Dec 2017
Mayuri Crying... So Dramatic and Emotional.. Feels like Happening for real.
Jan 18, 2020 10:01 PM
Nov 2018
man so much emotions this episode, love it. mayuri crying was the tipping point man, hurts to see her cry. as someone who played the VN, i'm excited to see how they adapt the rest
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

104 by Twerms »»
Apr 21, 12:45 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2018

572 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 18, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 22, 2018

163 by Alrinth »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

197 by Alrinth »»
Apr 9, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 11 Discussion

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

38 by Alrinth »»
Apr 7, 4:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.