Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 12, 2019 4:25 PM

Jan 2018
Perfect replacement for As Miss Belezebub Likes. This might be better.

Good first ep. Stays on the watch list.
Jan 12, 2019 5:07 PM
Jan 2017
i dont useably listen/watch the opening song but this time is was so fun i didn't want to skip it. the actual story is interesting with how its a battle of there pride. i only have 2 problems with this anime so far, 1. the speaking/ subtitles go way to fast and its difficult to keep up with and 2. im confused about how it ended but i dont know if thats the anime fault or if im just being dumb. so far tho this looks to be promising.
Jan 12, 2019 5:40 PM

Feb 2018
Finally firat episode its really good the especially opening theme.
Jan 12, 2019 6:07 PM

Oct 2008
very fun and often funny largely thanks to how OTT and stylish it is. without that it wouldn't have any impact. i worry it'll wear out its welcome tho
Jan 12, 2019 6:11 PM

Apr 2016
I was worried about the adaptation being shit but it's actually decent so far. Also Kaguya's VA was great but it will take a while for me to get used to Shirogane's. Kaguya's "ara ara" and "how cute" was top-notch.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 12, 2019 6:11 PM

Oct 2017
i catch myself smiling like an idiot while i'm watching this, if it gets better it could be one of the funniest anime this year
Jan 12, 2019 6:17 PM

Aug 2008
I thought the first episode was pretty decent but I worry that if this is what the entire season is going to be then it will get repetitive real quick. The same joke over and over with a slight different spin on it. So no character or plot progression. Hopefully this show has staying power.
Jan 12, 2019 6:22 PM

Sep 2011
gswelcome said:
I thought the first episode was pretty decent but I worry that if this is what the entire season is going to be then it will get repetitive real quick. The same joke over and over with a slight different spin on it. So no character or plot progression. Hopefully this show has staying power.
The manga breaks hard from the formula and status quo pretty early on but the anime probably wont reach too far to actually see the more substantial changes and developments, but they are there in stride both romantic and not.

As for what this 12 episodes will adapt, i do worry people might find it a bit repetitive but thankfully even though every chapter still lists them with winners and losers, the actual contents don't always imply a mind game so there is actually a fair amount of variety even early on when the series is much more simplistic but dont expect too too much, cause as i said, the start is still rather simplistic and they are clearly still just trying to figure things out
JizzyHitlerJan 12, 2019 6:29 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 12, 2019 7:05 PM

Dec 2016

Kaguya's glare gave me chills XD very deadly!

It was a nice episode ^^ I feel curious about the progress of this anime. Can't wait to see how this goes.

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jan 12, 2019 7:28 PM

Oct 2017
That was more SHAFT-y than I had expected.

It's a fun show overall. Definitely a great adaptation coming from Omata. It has some cool scenes with great animation and technique.

5/5
Jan 12, 2019 7:28 PM
Jun 2017
A MUST WATCH SERIES!!! THATS ALL I HAVE TO SAY!!! I AM AMAZED AND 🙂🙂🙂🙂 WITH THE WAY KAGUYA AND SHIROGANE ARE HAVING THEIR PRIDE ON WHOM TO CONFESS FIRST ETC. THEIR PRIDE SURE IS AT HIGH and i am loving this one...

Plus adding chika to the duo making it more interesting.

Worth the watch, and i love it..
Jan 12, 2019 8:02 PM

Aug 2008
JizzyHitler said:
gswelcome said:
The manga breaks hard from the formula and status quo pretty early on but the anime probably wont reach too far to actually see the more substantial changes and developments, but they are there in stride both romantic and not.

As for what this 12 episodes will adapt, i do worry people might find it a bit repetitive but thankfully even though every chapter still lists them with winners and losers, the actual contents don't always imply a mind game so there is actually a fair amount of variety even early on when the series is much more simplistic but dont expect too too much, cause as i said, the start is still rather simplistic and they are clearly still just trying to figure things out

Well I'll stick with it for now but I'm glad to see that it won't be a formulaic romcom though if it takes to a second season to see any real change...

I don't read many manga series but perhaps I'll take a peek into this and see what there is to look forward to. :)
Jan 12, 2019 8:11 PM

Jan 2011
always saw so much hype for this i felt like i tried reading this years ago or thought about it and never did but it's a fun silly romcom that did it's job in making me laugh but boy is it busy not in a bad way from the visuals in the op to the show expressing the characters thoughts it's a lot to take in at such a rapid pace lol but it works for them also the VAs are doing a great job.

i like the balance of the battles hopefully it doesn't wear it's self out too quickly and this could be a really great romcom
Jan 12, 2019 8:36 PM

Oct 2015
I must say this episode has set a great benchmark for the series, it was unique and hilarious to watch. Both of them have too much pride and I like it. I'm really hyped for the next episode.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 12, 2019 9:08 PM

Jan 2017
Well, not having read the manga I wasn't expecting this series to be this good.
The animation is nothing spectacular, but it's really charming. The characters are fun so far and this "war" between them is both hilarious and kinda cute. I like the designs, specially Kaguya's eyes, and I like the opening is almost as much as Mob Psycho's.

I'd say it's my third favourite of the season after Mob and Dororo.
An 8.5/10 from me so far.
*laughs in Dimple*
Jan 12, 2019 9:16 PM

Feb 2018
ARA MA

OKAWAII KOTO

Yo this adaptation slaps,animation is top tier, op is great narration is on point.

Fujiwara's chaos was hilarious, kaguya is so damn cute.

Looks like this will great this season
Jan 12, 2019 9:36 PM
Oct 2015
A-1 is going all-in with this adaptation, which made so happy, the OSTs, OP theme, the animation, and the eargasmic work from Aoi Koga as Kaguya, my M side showed up a little everytime her catch phrase appeared. 10/10, hope the quality maintains til the end. Also glad the song that appeared in the PV wasn't the actual OP and instead we got this 70s Japanese like song.
PS: Kaguya for Best Girl.
BaelgunJan 12, 2019 9:40 PM
Jan 12, 2019 9:49 PM

May 2016
Yes! The first episode was awesome.
Kaguya: 1 Win 1 Loss 1 Draw
Shirogane: 1 Win 1 Loss 1 Draw
Jan 12, 2019 10:30 PM
Jul 2018
Has some cute moments, but as someone who hasn't read the manga yet, I have to wonder whether it will get frustrating after a while.
Jan 12, 2019 10:33 PM
Jan 2016
Haha, this anime is enjoyable...Love js complicated isn't it? Haha it's like doing a really difficult exam...Chika Fujiwara is still the best for me haha, she plays an important role I think and she can become the trigger too. Not all the content is funny but their way of thinking are funny I think, especially if it's about love, maybe they are thinking too much haha.
Jan 12, 2019 11:10 PM
Mar 2016
This was fantastic all around. Love the opening song.
Jan 13, 2019 12:03 AM

Sep 2008
Not what I was expecting. It's pretty funny but I can already see it getting repetitive.
Jan 13, 2019 12:29 AM

Oct 2008
This is gonna be fun and interesting and lots of misunderstanding because both MC boy and MC girl have unwavering pride of their own! to see who's gonna confess first...
considering A-1 this is gonna be quite a good ride!
5/5.

Jan 13, 2019 12:45 AM

Aug 2018
The moment i saw the PV of this anime i knew it will be a good romcom anime

One of the must watch anime this season
**pride clap**
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Jan 13, 2019 1:06 AM

Dec 2013
Best Rom-Com of the century.
And. Here. We. Go....
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jan 13, 2019 1:23 AM

May 2012
Meh. Worst anime I've seen in winter so far. No idea how these weak unfunny old jokes make anyone laugh
Jan 13, 2019 1:25 AM

May 2016
If they toned down the narration, or eliminated it altogether, it would be a lot better.
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Jan 13, 2019 1:59 AM

Dec 2013
antonn said:
Official subs really know how to ruin a good show.

You guys really complain about "that's cute" instead "how cute" only 'cause some scanlator used the latter?

Jan 13, 2019 2:12 AM
Nov 2016
Can't wait to watch this show for 12+ episodes for nothing to happen in the end :^)

Jan 13, 2019 2:52 AM

Feb 2018
I really love this. I didn't have any expectations for it and it turned out amazing. The studio did a good job with the art style and production.
Jan 13, 2019 2:58 AM

Jan 2019
Damn. This is interesting. Reminds me of Monogatari somehow. Love it!
Can mew imyagine an imyaginyary mewnyagerie mewnyager imyagining mewnyaging an imyaginyary mewnyagerie?
Jan 13, 2019 3:46 AM

Apr 2018
I'm not usually a fan of comedy anime but damn, this looks pretty funny to watch.
The artstyle looks pretty good as well
Jan 13, 2019 3:53 AM
Oct 2017
This show is like 80% monologue & 20% dialogue 😂 Also, my brain hurts from watching this, and it’s not like it doesn’t make any sense or anything, it’s kinda just how this show structured... I guess 🤷‍♂️
Jan 13, 2019 4:32 AM
Dec 2013
I bet this anime will feel repetitive pretty fast.
Jan 13, 2019 4:56 AM
Feb 2016
thepath said:
Meh. Worst anime I've seen in winter so far. No idea how these weak unfunny old jokes make anyone laugh

Cuz ur sense of humor is weak as fuck, and everybody can enjoy what the show is trying to do, except you.
Jan 13, 2019 5:08 AM

Feb 2014
This was a great start, better than I thought it would be.

A-1 is busy with the mammoth SAO S3, but they still got a solid production staff to make this show visual impressive. Same goes for the animation, too. It had a feel to it like I was watching a SHAFT-animated show, which is a good thing. =)

The Opening song also had a nice, retro feel to it and it'll be one that I'll be watching over and over again throughout the season.

Shirogane and Kaguya's battles were really amusing and I loved it. Chika's more of an airhead personality-wise compared to the other two, but she still played a big role in the second and third chapters of this episode. She's already overpowered in my mind and I want her to stay like that. =P

So a great start overall and if they keep this form up, then any worries of repetitiveness will be washed away from my mind. ^_^
Jan 13, 2019 5:11 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Finally had the time to see it. I was a bit wary of the adaptation of one of my favorite manga, but they've done a real good job. About my only little beef would be that the VA's voices sound a lot deeper than I would have imagined. Makes them seem older than they really are.

We got a Hayasaka sighting! Love her character!
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 13, 2019 5:11 AM

Jun 2017
I should say something about this
uhm...

ALLOW ME MISTAH
OH MISTAH
*RANDOM NOISES*

Really good episode, with good visuals, different situations and very funny humour this could easily be the best Comedy of Winter 2019
May our sweet and Merciful Madoka be with you
Jan 13, 2019 5:15 AM

Feb 2014
Is this sitcom comedy or romance type of show?

Darn it, looks awesome !
Jan 13, 2019 5:25 AM

Nov 2011
I knew I was going to like this anime because I love RomComs but damn this episode was so good! I felt it was different from most other romcoms to an extent. Like in most you as the viewer are waiting for one to ask the other out an be a couple. Where in this it's more like "Okay which one is going to sway the other into asking them out." It's more or less like watching a competition. I'm on board for this one.
Plus the animation is fantastic.

GoldenDevilGamer said:
That part where Shirogane taped up the broken pencil, only for him to break it again, had me laughing good.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who caught that. That part was so funny.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 13, 2019 5:37 AM

Apr 2011
This was fucking perfection. A-1 knocked it out of the park. I was so nervous that they would fuck it up like they did so many else, but they managed to capture the essence of the manga very well.

My only gripe is that I can't get used to the fact that Shirogane is blonde. I thought he would be silver-haired. Nonetheless, that's not a negative in the long run.

P.S. Can I get this narrator to narrate my life for me, please?
Jan 13, 2019 5:41 AM

Jan 2009
wildhood said:

Don't. You'll lose.
Jan 13, 2019 6:04 AM

Apr 2012
Narrator-kun is definitely the best character there
にゃす!
Jan 13, 2019 6:29 AM

Feb 2018
This was quite the enjoyable episode, especially shirogane was great.
Jan 13, 2019 6:31 AM

Mar 2016
wildhood said:

Just you wait. It may be "repetitive" in the first chapters but new characters are introduced (included the MVP of the whole show Ishigami) and at some point the story have actual progression and story arcs.
Jan 13, 2019 7:35 AM

Apr 2016
Ok, im interested.

You got my attention adaptation-san. Also Chika you poor girl stuck with those weirdos xD
Jan 13, 2019 7:42 AM

Aug 2015
I was really worried about this adaption, but it seems that was unnecessary. Kaguya seems less cold than she was at the start of the manga, but whatever. Looking forward to the next episode.
Jan 13, 2019 8:15 AM

Mar 2016
This is funny. I hope this won't be all about getting the other to confess, and have more moments like the third part of this episode.
Jan 13, 2019 8:30 AM

Aug 2017
this really feels like a spiritual successor to last years Karakai Jouzo no Takagi-san, and considering that was one of my favourite (if not the favourite) shows of last year, thats a good sign ≧◡≦

really funny and quirky, if it keeps up like this it be really great ^^
Jan 13, 2019 8:37 AM

Mar 2017
They did a brilliant job just like I expected. Relationship between each characters were perfectly portraited. Opening theme song is nice. Animation is perfect for this show. Voice acting performance was spot on. And's totally faithful to the manga. Only if crunchyroll did a better job with subtitles.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2019

296 by Intter »»
Apr 14, 11:26 AM

» Misattribution of arousal

egosumjohn - Apr 7

11 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 14, 11:13 AM

» I laugh as hard in this series as gintama 🤣

Jannie7 - Mar 31

38 by xDemi »»
Apr 1, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2019

246 by DevilsMayMew »»
Apr 1, 1:32 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2019

260 by DevilsMayMew »»
Apr 1, 1:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.