Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Jan 11, 2019 9:56 AM

Aug 2017
I think that the opening doesn't fit with the show.

About the episode, I like it.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 11, 2019 11:47 AM

Feb 2013
MOB_ABOMINATOR said:
nits_ said:

well actually a lot of people use Amazon for anime.
naah mate that's real unlikely most people watch it from pirated sites.

Well a lot of people have prime anyway so why not.. I have amazon prime so I might as well support the series by watching it on amazon.
Jan 11, 2019 11:53 AM
Nov 2014
i donot like the first episode much , it has been spoiled much events or the main events in anime .
He was created without eyes, ears, skin, hands and there is much parts .
In last minute of Ep 1 , his face skin has appeared after he kill the demon on the river and Daijo found one of demons statue has broken .
so, the anime is journey of someone search for his parts by fighting with demons .
this anime is not good enough to get 8.5 (it will decrease by the time ).
So story is obvious and all episodes are like a fan service of adventure and action. I hope that i am wrong.
Jan 11, 2019 12:31 PM

Mar 2017
The Father's VA is FKIN MADARA UCHIHA :D
got me hyped immediately and + the op, story and overall everything! :D
Jan 11, 2019 1:49 PM

Nov 2018
Abedulrahman said:
i donot like the first episode much , it has been spoiled much events or the main events in anime .
He was created without eyes, ears, skin, hands and there is much parts .
In last minute of Ep 1 , his face skin has appeared after he kill the demon on the river and Daijo found one of demons statue has broken .
so, the anime is journey of someone search for his parts by fighting with demons .
this anime is not good enough to get 8.5 (it will decrease by the time ).
So story is obvious and all episodes are like a fan service of adventure and action. I hope that i am wrong.

I could agree with you, but then we both would have a garbage oppinion.
Jan 11, 2019 2:19 PM
Jan 2019
Great opening and good characters. Very high expectations and I love Haykkimaru‘s visuals. Interesting characters and great opening and ending 😋
Jan 11, 2019 2:19 PM

Dec 2018
omg i didnt expect too much about it and rather right now im lookin forward to next eps.

And the opening song is just sloppy i guess? Those screams didnt seem syncronize with op's video.
Jan 11, 2019 3:07 PM

Feb 2017
very enjoyable so far, looking foward to another episode next week.
アニメ幼女見てるのが楽しい
Jan 11, 2019 3:08 PM

Feb 2017
Drunken_angel said:
So does anyone know the air date of episode 2 ? :) I read through the comments on the thread, couldn't find the info, sorry if somebody already stated it!

Also, I love this shows' premise, high hopes for this one, especially in MAPPA's hands !
it airs in japan at 22:30 every monday expect it to be subbed within a few hours
after this
アニメ幼女見てるのが楽しい
Jan 11, 2019 3:59 PM

Oct 2012
Great start. Can't wait
Jan 11, 2019 4:41 PM

Feb 2011
EPIC SO FAR.
ALL OF IT

Jan 11, 2019 4:46 PM

Jan 2018
Ryuuryota said:
it airs in japan at 22:30 every monday expect it to be subbed within a few hours
after this

Awesome, thanks ! :D
Jan 11, 2019 6:01 PM
Jul 2018
I liked the ED. Not sure how I feel about the show yet.
Jan 11, 2019 6:56 PM

Jul 2016
Interesting start. The main plot was set and the action sequences were really good as well.

The OP is nice although not the best one from this season, for me at least.

The only little thing I'm not that convinced is Dororo's voice. I know it's common for kids in anime to be voiced by women but he sounds way too feminine for my taste. He's a boy, right?

That aside, this show looks very promising.
Jan 11, 2019 8:20 PM
Apr 2017
SouthRzVa said:
Interesting start. The main plot was set and the action sequences were really good as well.

The only little thing I'm not that convinced is Dororo's voice. I know it's common for kids in anime to be voiced by women but he sounds way too feminine for my taste. He's a boy, right?

Well I don't wanna spoil anything but his voice is fitting.
Jan 11, 2019 8:27 PM

Jul 2016
ThereArentNames said:
SouthRzVa said:

Well I don't wanna spoil anything but his voice is fitting.

Oh, so it's related to the story... then I didn't say/write anything.
Jan 11, 2019 8:45 PM

Jan 2016
BackstageMage said:
satsatsaturnalia said:
is dororo a boy or a girl because the design looks like a girl but the subs I found referred to them as a he

Dororo is a guy

30charactercount

Not true,

Source: read the manga.
EggheadLunaJan 11, 2019 9:21 PM
▾ Check Out My Original Series ▾

▾ Check Out My Blog ▾
Jan 11, 2019 9:06 PM
Apr 2017
and it just got spoiled. Good job ruining the significance it was supposed to have on the story.
Jan 11, 2019 9:19 PM

Jul 2016
LunaPrecure said:
BackstageMage said:

Dororo is a guy

30charactercount

Not true, it’s a she. Source: read the manga.

For someone who joined in 2016, you should have already learned how to use an spoiler tag...
Jan 11, 2019 9:29 PM

Jan 2016
@SouthRzVa; @ThereArentNames: *edited

▾ Check Out My Blog ▾
Jan 11, 2019 9:38 PM

Oct 2018
LunaPrecure said:
BackstageMage said:

Dororo is a guy

30charactercount

Not true,

Wait are we sure? I read the manga i remember them using "he"

Don't worry about being lame now, you were always lame anyway!

Jan 11, 2019 9:42 PM
Apr 2017
BackstageMage said:
LunaPrecure said:

Not true,

Yeah, it's supposed to be a secret that dororo kept.
Jan 11, 2019 9:44 PM

Jan 2016
BackstageMage said:
LunaPrecure said:

Not true,

There’s a reveal at the end of the manga about their gender. I read the liscensed versionーI’m not sure if the fan-translation made it clear or notーbut it was a big plot twist in the three volume Vertical release.
EggheadLunaJan 11, 2019 9:47 PM

▾ Check Out My Blog ▾
Jan 11, 2019 10:38 PM
Aug 2017
Loved the first episode and excited for the next. I know very little about the original series so if it’s not faithful to the original it won’t bother me much if it’s good. Can’t wait to hear Hiroki Suzuki
Jan 11, 2019 11:58 PM

Sep 2018
That was really good. Neat animation. Plus that op💙💙💙.
Jan 11, 2019 11:58 PM

Sep 2018
That was really good. Neat animation. Plus that op💙💙💙.
Jan 12, 2019 12:59 AM
Feb 2013
Thought it was terribly disappointing, even compared to the live action film. Animation quality was shabby, much prefer the 1969 original. I'll give 2nd episode a go but... I'm not hopeful.
Jan 12, 2019 3:47 AM

Apr 2013
Much better than Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari.
Jan 12, 2019 8:39 AM

Dec 2017
Wow!
Haven't touched the manga or the old anime before, but this series is already very engaging.
Spectacular OP and ED songs from the artists who also did some Tokyo Ghoul's great theme songs. Overall, really promising.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 12, 2019 9:04 AM
Jul 2017
Birdsanddrugs said:
I find it a shame many people nowadays don't care about great classics. They're too overhyped over action and otherwise trashy shows.
it think not because this show caught a lot of attention. Normies will watch it anyway for the fight scene. The real classic anime that were underrated is Megalo Box because normies can't understand the deep story telling and the 90's anime art style
Jan 12, 2019 2:21 PM
Apr 2016
Aaaah didn't expect it to be as good as it was, damn a lot of intimidating scenes... Looking forward for the next episode!
Jan 12, 2019 7:00 PM

May 2016
THAT WAS SO GOODD URGHTGHHH
Jan 12, 2019 7:14 PM
Jul 2018
LunaPrecure said:
BackstageMage said:

There’s a reveal at the end of the manga about their gender. I read the liscensed versionーI’m not sure if the fan-translation made it clear or notーbut it was a big plot twist in the three volume Vertical release.

Is it strongly plot-related or did Dororo tell this lie to feel safer as a boy than a girl all alone or something?
Jan 12, 2019 7:19 PM

Jan 2016
Maneki-Mew said:
LunaPrecure said:

Is it strongly plot-related or did Dororo tell this lie to feel safer as a boy than a girl all alone or something?

Like Tezuka’s other notorious series, Princess Knight, the concealment of gender is used as a means of protection.

▾ Check Out My Blog ▾
Jan 13, 2019 3:01 AM
Jul 2018
LunaPrecure said:
Maneki-Mew said:

Like Tezuka’s other notorious series, Princess Knight, the concealment of gender is used as a means of protection.

Well understandable. It's not a big deal to got "spoilered" then / no big difference tho.
Jan 13, 2019 5:40 AM

Mar 2018
I already knew that the animation would be amazing since MAPPA is involved but this was downright fabulous. The OP and ED are wonderful, the animation just great and the story just wow. This season is shaping up really well. Youkoso to Neverland and Dororo have already got me hooked!
Jan 13, 2019 6:00 AM

Oct 2011
As a REALLY big fan of the original, i was hyped.
And then i watched it and was severely disappointed.
The OP song is pure garbage (but the visuals ARE very good, yes).
They made the father a bit less of a dick.
Only 12 demons instead of 48, i guess just because they had to fit it all in one seasons.
Some random midwife that send Hyakki down the river and dies instead of the father, plus some random blind monk.
TIME SKIP 16 YEARS LATER IS A COMPLETE JOKE, first few chapters where we learn about the doctor and Hyakki's childhood and his motive to go travel and kill demons is completely skipped, i can only hope that it will be revealed later on.

I now expect nothing from the new adaptation, and i was really hyped.
Not even because i am a big fan, but because Dororo was never finished, so i watch every adaptation for the ending, what will they do now, what they will come up with.
I guess i'll have to suffer through a mediocre, disappointing adaptation for the sake of the ending.
But thou must.
Jan 13, 2019 7:35 AM
Apr 2017
Tentacle_Monster said:
Only 12 demons instead of 48, i guess just because they had to fit it all in one seasons.
Some random midwife that send Hyakki down the river and dies instead of the father, plus some random blind monk.
TIME SKIP 16 YEARS LATER IS A COMPLETE JOKE, first few chapters where we learn about the doctor and Hyakki's childhood and his motive to go travel and kill demons is completely skipped, i can only hope that it will be revealed later on.

Not even because i am a big fan, but because Dororo was never finished, so i watch every adaptation for the ending, what will they do now, what they will come up with.
I guess i'll have to suffer through a mediocre, disappointing adaptation for the sake of the ending.
But thou must.

The series is probably 2-cours, at least more than 15 episodes.
Tons of people like the op, dont really see a problem.
We are 100% gonna learn about hyakki's relationships, including his childhood ones.
Don't see a problem with the guy in the hall of hell, honestly the rest of what you said were minor nitpicks at best.
wagedgqehghH4RJan 13, 2019 7:39 AM
Jan 13, 2019 8:53 AM

Feb 2015
All I want to say is that it was a lot better than I thought it would be.
I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Thought: How many people sparked H. Charlotta just for blue pot?
Jan 13, 2019 10:48 AM

Apr 2010
So.. No episode today?
Jan 13, 2019 11:52 AM

Aug 2013
Tekakurika said:
So.. No episode today?

Will be. It's airing on Monday evenings (22:30) in Japan +timezone difference, you count it. ;)
Jan 13, 2019 12:15 PM

Apr 2010
emerald_hill said:
Tekakurika said:
So.. No episode today?

Will be. It's airing on Monday evenings (22:30) in Japan +timezone difference, you count it. ;)

Oh... cuz in horriblesubs they show that its today lel
Jan 13, 2019 4:20 PM

Aug 2009
The atmosphere is amazing.
Jan 13, 2019 6:48 PM
Jul 2018
Tentacle_Monster said:

But thou must.

I don't think they will skip his past. They might thought that they are better showing Dororo in this episode too and let them meet each other.
If they had shown his past, they wouldn't have had time to show Dororo or it would have been rushed. It's smarter to show your title character in the first episode (I mean, Dororo is the title character, you should see that kid) and maybe make one or more flashbacks about your other main character's past, imo.
removed-userJan 13, 2019 6:52 PM
Jan 13, 2019 9:05 PM

Feb 2018
Great first episode. I knew nothing about this going in other than that it was adapted from a 60's manga and I really enjoyed it. The song in the OP was really good with the mix of modern instruments and classic Japanese ones, but the lyrics and vocals seemed out of place. Regardless, I think they did a great job adapting and modernizing this, and I'm very interested to see where it goes.
I read some of the manga after watching to see how different it is, and I thought the changes were well done, especially how they made Hyakkimaru silent. In the manga he seemed way too animated for having fake eyes and face, but I hope they'll give him a voice eventually. Maybe I'm just not used to manga from that time, but it didn't really hook me like the anime did, so I'll probably just wait on that to get the rest of the story.
Also I hope they explore his past soon. I could see why they didn't include it in episode 1 though, they wanted to show off Hyakkimaru and his skills to hook people, so maybe we'll get some past flashbacks in the next few episodes.
Jan 14, 2019 1:26 AM

Nov 2018
Tentacle_Monster said:

But thou must.

Tell me where the new dororo adaptation hurt you. I sure hope they didnt forcefully stuck a giant vibrator into your ass, because thats what it looks like from your reaction.

This is great, you can see a lot of work and care was put into it, go watch berkser 2017 if you want to see someone actualy fucking up hard the source material.
Jan 14, 2019 3:03 AM

Oct 2011

Rude.
I don't see a lot of work and care though, at least not yet.
Dororo, as a manga, means a lot to me, so i will be as picky as possible, because you don't just hype a person up and then let him down the cliff.
You enjoyed it, i didn't, whatever.
Jan 14, 2019 4:02 AM
Jul 2018
Tentacle_Monster said:

Rude.
I don't see a lot of work and care though, at least not yet.
Dororo, as a manga, means a lot to me, so i will be as picky as possible, because you don't just hype a person up and then let him down the cliff.
You enjoyed it, i didn't, whatever.
This new adaptation is already better than the manga.
Jan 14, 2019 5:01 AM

Jul 2012
I have been looking forward to this and the first episode did not disappoint. I hope it will continue to be good.

"There are three things you can never get back: The word after it's said, the moment after it's missed, and the time after it's gone."
-Koe no Katachi

Jan 14, 2019 5:33 AM
Dec 2016
This is not an insult but Dororo is not Tezuka's masterpiece at least.
It is one of a few Tezuka's manga I actually bought a physical copy.
I like it pretty much but, from a historical viewpoint, it couldn't achieve popularity and a proper conclusion.
It was shutdown in Shonen Sunday and Tezuka himself rebooted it in Boken-Oh with a different premise.
It is not "you can't change something already perfect" type of thing. Tezuka desperately tried to catch up with new manga stars in those days. Failed but charming attempt. His new style was completed in the later works like Ayako or Kirihito Sanka after his darkest age in the early 70s.
Changing and deleting some aspects are quite understandable considering all those background. The storytelling style of the original manga is inevitably outdated anyway.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

» Is Dororo a boy or a girl ? ( 1 2 )

JanPri - Jan 15, 2019

80 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
9 hours ago

» Possible reason for such ending

Raajdeep - Oct 21, 2023

24 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Dororo Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2019

204 by Shadowwolf21 »»
Apr 7, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2019

108 by Bubblarz »»
Mar 31, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2019

442 by Flomik »»
Mar 25, 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.