Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 10, 2019 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh, I like this opening song. Very cherry and energetic with playful energy!

As for the episode, we are introduced to the main girls from the start including Itsuki. I like the character exchanges so far especially with how humorous they made this. The added touch of the music made the episode flow well.

Others like Ichika, Yotsuba, Miku, and Yotsuba also showed up. For an introductory first episode, I think they established the primary story well so far. Looking good.
Stark700Jan 10, 2019 2:39 PM
Jan 10, 2019 10:16 AM

Jul 2014
Good adaptation so far! just seeing Miku animated is enough for me to enjoy this.
Jan 10, 2019 10:26 AM
Nov 2016
Having read the original source material, I can gladly say that I'm satisfied with this adaptation so far! Looking forward to watching more!
Jan 10, 2019 10:47 AM

Sep 2017
I've read the manga and dropped it after around 5 or 6 chapters. So I wasn't expecting anything from this series, story-wise. Just wanna say the animation quality of this adaptation is pretty...mediocre.
Jan 10, 2019 2:03 PM
Sep 2016
CHC said:
I've read the manga and dropped it after around 5 or 6 chapters. So I wasn't expecting anything from this series, story-wise. Just wanna say the animation quality of this adaptation is pretty...mediocre.

This manga is one of the best romance manga i've ever read and definitely the best harem manga. The girls have god tier character development level and as time goes by you can't even decide who is best girl. The authors are really trying their best to make it different from other harems and they have achieved that. They do things the way they are supposed to be done ( Like Nino's Case ) and it's absolutely not a first girl win manga. I understand that you dropped it early but i highly recommend it and i think you should give it a second chance.
Jan 10, 2019 2:27 PM

Aug 2013
The art quality, voice acting and character design is superb. I love it.
OP song caught my attention too.
rsc-plJan 10, 2019 2:40 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 10, 2019 2:40 PM

Jul 2015
looks fun i guess i ll stay
not sure which one is more my type yet
im in for nino and ichika

Well...
Jan 10, 2019 2:40 PM

Apr 2016
One word: Boobs.

But i feel like that is the factor that will be the most important for me in this series, will it be enough to stay ? Not sure tho. But i can't help myself to think that i already saw/read/heard/play those female characters somewhere else.
SwagernatorJan 10, 2019 2:48 PM
Jan 10, 2019 2:52 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
If there was ever a harem of girls I'd want besides the High School DxD ones, I think I'm gonna have to go with these sisters lol

I dunno how one could chose a favorite but if I determine this by who I find to be the most attractive, it's definitely KanaHana's character (Ichika I think her name is....The one with the short hair cut), man she was too hot...MC's imouto is adorable too (That dad being such a MAN had me shook tho, I wanna see the mom now - But I'm guessing she died or something)

But I can already tell that I'm gonna love this, especially since as of now, the MC isn't meh like most harem MC's....The visuals are freaking great though, I did not expect it to be of this quality
TokoyaJan 10, 2019 3:17 PM
Jan 10, 2019 3:03 PM

Aug 2012
-Stray said:
Good adaptation so far! just seeing Miku animated is enough for me to enjoy this.

miku the best girl!
Jan 10, 2019 3:07 PM
Mar 2015
I kinda had few hope for the adaptation, but man the episode BLEW me away. Hyped af for the next!
Jan 10, 2019 3:08 PM

Jul 2017
I feel like the MC carried this episode. Hopefully the next episode can expand upon the 5 girls enough so that they can each have their spotlight.
Don't get me wrong, this was a solid episode. A 7.5/10 for me.
Though I'm curious how a show can balance a MC and 5 other characters consistently.
Sorry, the user you are looking for is not available at the moment. You are currently reading text generated by APSAB or "Auto-Programmed-Signature-Mataining-Bot" (patent pending).

ERROR CODE 1979-NIPUL-W3EB
Please Install the Latest Version of MAL.OS as Some Features of Certain Signatures May Not Appear Correctly. You are currently running MAL.OS.V4. Click here to download MAL.OS.V5.

APSAB Version: Beta.99

"If Seinfeld isn't your favorite anime, then you aren't watching anime correctly."
- Me

Jan 10, 2019 3:10 PM

Dec 2008
Stark700 said:
Very cherry

Catch my heart, very melon
Jan 10, 2019 3:11 PM

Apr 2014
Great first episode

All the girls are likable, but Miku and Ichika are in a tier above.

Jan 10, 2019 3:15 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
OrangeJP said:
Great first episode

I made an effort to put names to faces just now lol but I 100% agree with this now that I know who is who
Jan 10, 2019 3:21 PM

Aug 2014
Tokoya said:
OrangeJP said:
Great first episode

I made an effort to put names to faces just now lol but I 100% agree with this now that I know who is who
middle girl looks tsun so probable winner
Jan 10, 2019 3:23 PM

Dec 2010
where my people, my Miku people gather round
Jan 10, 2019 3:25 PM

Jan 2014
Bruh the art quality is amazing. :O

Finally we get a good harem anime. Can't fucking wait till next episode <3

Also Ichika is best girl
Jan 10, 2019 3:27 PM

Dec 2017
eh, kinda confused why they include the wedding ceremony scene in episode 1. and what girl is that of the 5? or that's the point that they all have similar faces and eventually someone will change the hairstyle to that one. maybe that's why they mute her voice, huh
Jan 10, 2019 3:32 PM

Sep 2012
uninstallthegame said:
eh, kinda confused why they include the wedding ceremony scene in episode 1. and what girl is that of the 5? or that's the point that they all have similar faces and eventually someone will change the hairstyle to that one. maybe that's why they mute her voice, huh

Yes this is like the key point in this waifu wars.

Adaptation is really enjoyable or maybe it is because i know the characters alreade. At the beginning manga is on the verge of being incoherent to the point of missing some causal links in character's actions, and its really shocking how much better it gets; anime and dynamics that it has, unlike the manga, helps the story big time.
Jan 10, 2019 3:35 PM

Apr 2015
This will most likely be my favorite for this season, 5 cute girls who happen to be quintuplets.. 3 of them voiced by my favorite voice actors. This will be so tough to choose a "best girl". However we'll have to see how it goes with development and stuff.

Also... Matsuoka as the male lead. For me, this can only become better from here on out.

Overall the episode did a great job introducing the sisters. Each of them has a very interesting personality.

Can't wait to see more of this.
Jan 10, 2019 3:36 PM

Dec 2010
Achaman said:
Tokoya said:

i tell you buddy at this point in the manga i still dont know if she gonna win
Jan 10, 2019 3:38 PM

Dec 2010
uninstallthegame said:

they suppose to all have red hair as continuity but to differentiate them they made their colours slightly different so we can tell the difference but really who stupid enough not be able to tell the difference
Jan 10, 2019 3:40 PM

Mar 2015
Enjoyed the first episode. I'm glad the fan service is kind of tame, otherwise it would overpower and ruin the show IMHO. Looking forward to next week.
The sword that takes life gives life
Jan 10, 2019 3:49 PM
Dec 2016
Kana Hanazawa <3 I love her voice
Jan 10, 2019 4:00 PM

Jan 2011
it was okay opening scene was like mannn it's one of these shows huh well the quintuplets premise i can't say has been done before so maybe that'd spice it up, animation /art was alright wasn't that big on the music but all these top tier VAs is at least promising

if i end up needing some time killers this season this'd be one of em
Jan 10, 2019 4:01 PM
Mar 2017
At last Gotoubun no Hanayome came out, the wait was worth it.
Uesugi is quite serious and tactless with women, so I think he will suffer a lot dealing with these quintuplets.
The appearance of Itsuki was great, for god that girl is a glutton, that bowl was minimal for two people, and her pouting is so cute, but despite that I loved her, I also love the voice of Inori Minase.
Ichika is hot, I think it's the best word to describe her, although after seeing her room, let's say that she must change her cleaning habits, I also think they were right in choosing Kana Hanazawa as her seiyuu.
Yotsuba is the most adorable with her smile and her positive attitude, and I love that the seiyuu is Ayane Sakura (sorry, I love that she made Hazuki's voice).
I think Nino was the hardest to deal with, it is quite direct and aggressive with Uesugi, although I suppose that she will be the tsundere of the group while we see her in future episodes, besides it was dirty of her part to drug Uesugi to get rid of him, I think the seiyuu they chose was a success, and she has also made the voices of several characters that I liked. .
Miku is a beauty (I'm sorry, it's my favorite), seeing her talking and moving is a pleasure, and I love how she mistrusts Uesugi, but that will change in the future, and I love the voice of the seiyuu they chose.
I think Raiha is the most sympathetic and manipulative little sister there is, Itsuki fell with those false tears immediately.
Anyway, I think it will be a pleasure to see this anime, the animation is very good along with the characters design, the quintuplets were spectacular from head to toe. The OP is quite fun, delivers a very good fanservice and the ED sounds pretty good , although we will have to wait until the next episode to see the visuals of the ED.
The next episode looks promising, since it will be focused on Miku from what I saw in the preview, I want to see that scene in which she takes off her stockings.
salbery755Jan 10, 2019 4:09 PM
Jan 10, 2019 4:03 PM

Dec 2016
Oh boy XD this will be a difficult journey for Uesugi. I wonder how he will deal with all 5 sisters and help them have good grades... this will be interesting to see :3

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jan 10, 2019 4:06 PM
Mar 2017
Goukenslay said:
where my people, my Miku people gather round

Miku looked very good in this episode, the next episode I think we'll see more, at least for what was shown in the preview of episode two
Jan 10, 2019 4:07 PM

Dec 2014
Well, I'm normally not a big fan of harem's but this one seems amusing enough.

All the girls are quite likable but none of them really stood out to me as much. I guess we'll see as the episodes go on. The voice cast however is absolutely fantastic, at the very least I will watch this for Ayaneru, KanaHana and Minase Inori. XD

All that said, Raiha is probably the real best girl. XDD

Art looks fantastic, so points for that.
Jan 10, 2019 4:15 PM

Jan 2008
A couple weird shots in the first half that kinda bothered me. Not expecting the show to actually get anywhere but so far it's pretty amusing. Well at least there's one show worth watching on Thursday.
Jan 10, 2019 4:27 PM
Sep 2018
Boring, uninteresting. I did not like the premiere is very empty and generic. The mood moments of this anime are horrible. Nothing is funny. I honestly will not follow.
summarizing: uninteresting
Jan 10, 2019 4:28 PM

Jul 2017
Not bad, but not great either.

However, Ichika is best girl for sure, and the MC Futaro was actually more interesting than all girls, which is rare for harem anime.
Jan 10, 2019 4:40 PM

Aug 2018
its ok!!

miku best girl!
Jan 10, 2019 4:41 PM

Aug 2014
Achaman said:
Tokoya said:

Being in Manga that's very questionable ATM.

Although if it's a typical harem yes she would win by default.
Tsundere character sure be loved.

But for me at least Miku,Ichika is godsent.
Jan 10, 2019 4:41 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
best show winter 2019

fite me

now the question is who is best girl?
Jan 10, 2019 4:43 PM

Aug 2011
Miku is best grill. Fight me.
CrazyFrogzJan 10, 2019 4:48 PM
Jan 10, 2019 5:23 PM
Jan 2019
I don’t know who to choose as best girl 😭
Jan 10, 2019 5:26 PM

Nov 2013
I really dislike the harem genre but this one actually seems good! I like the girls and the mc, there's a bit of fanservice but that's okay. So he's gonna marry one of them in the end? Itsuki, judging by the red hair... Interesting.

Jan 10, 2019 5:31 PM
Jul 2018
>everyone here liking Miku

and here I am being in the sidelines loving Nakano :S

(don't get me wrong all girls are good but I can relate to Nakano a lot).
Jan 10, 2019 6:09 PM

Feb 2018
Wasshio said:

Nakano? all of them are nakano dude, Nakano is their surname
Jan 10, 2019 6:11 PM
May 2018
This anime was so fire. It just makes me want to see what happens next.
Jan 10, 2019 6:21 PM

Feb 2018
This season anime with best cast for voice actors so far.

Matsuoka play like Soma especially when he called his dad "Oyaji"
Inori acting as Itsuki is different from what i heard her role like Rem or Kimari a bit more mature.
Ayaneru as Yotsuba just like her acting as Ochako in MHA
HanaKana, there is no doubt about her acting, fit for Ichika.
I'm not familiar with Itou Miku as VA, i know her as singer and also one of Bang Dream band vocalist. so this is first time i hear her acting.
Same for Ayana, except that she already have more role than miku but i just didn't see enough her role.

First episode is definitely carried by the MC. now i expect quintuplets make something interesting in next episode
Jan 10, 2019 6:30 PM

Dec 2013
That was really nice.
Also, shout-out to Crunchyroll for great English subs.

Jan 10, 2019 6:34 PM

Jan 2013
To be honest, i really liked this episode, it was hella funny xD
Can't wait to see him teaching them ahaha, definitely going to watch this!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 10, 2019 6:35 PM

Jul 2017
That was actually a pretty good ep, like the cheerful OST playing. The voice acting was pretty good as well

zamandzoe said:
I feel like the MC carried this episode. Hopefully the next episode can expand upon the 5 girls enough so that they can each have their spotlight.
Don't get me wrong, this was a solid episode. A 7.5/10 for me.
Though I'm curious how a show can balance a MC and 5 other characters consistently.

If it goes by the manga, then it'll do an okayish job at it. Most of the focus goes towards Miku and Ichika throughout the series, with focuses on Itsuki and Futaba happening more in the beginning and focuses on Nino happening more later on. MC obviously has the center of attention
Jan 10, 2019 7:23 PM
Jan 2018
Next chapter will set Miku as the best girl in the heart of everybody.
Jan 10, 2019 7:52 PM
Jul 2018
gadboyz said:
Wasshio said:

Nakano? all of them are nakano dude, Nakano is their surname

I completely forgot rip.

I meant Yotsuba.

Lmao.

My apologies if I made a fool out of myself, stuff has been going on with me in the background so that's why I wrote that without thinking and I meant Yotsuba
Jan 10, 2019 8:07 PM

Nov 2017
- I don't mind the harem genres as long there're my favourite VA... Especially matsuoka as the lead male mc,
- quintuplets 👰.... And the first episode reveal the bride,
- Hanakana, Taketatsu ayane, inase minori, itou miku.... These harem would raped my ears
Now Loading.....
Jan 10, 2019 8:42 PM

Jan 2013
well this was a surprisingly fun one
the little sister's hair is ridiculous tho lol
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

301 by Sporecraft »»
Apr 13, 1:44 AM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2019

112 by Sporecraft »»
Apr 9, 6:45 AM

» My review of the 5-toubun no Hanayome

aTi - Apr 4

17 by ElmoBoredAsf »»
Apr 5, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2019

193 by Tiger_Tank-II »»
Mar 3, 1:40 AM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2019

128 by NoUsernamesIKnow »»
Feb 13, 8:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.