Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 9, 2019 7:12 PM

Sep 2018
'Looks at the good score'

Here we go again..

1. For the people who are going to make the threads like 'I don't get why the score is so high' OR the famous one 'What's with the score?!'

It is high because more people gave it a good score and more people liked it.
Think it as the score of the first episode not for the whole series

2. 'Am I missing something?' OR 'Can someone explain why do people like this?'

It's their taste or probably most of them have read the manga and they know that it is probably going to get better and are scoring on the basis of that..

I hope I helped and cleared many questions
BloeJan 10, 2019 4:44 AM
We are all Misanthropes

Made you learn

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jan 9, 2019 7:22 PM
Oct 2015
I kind of wish you named this thread "Why is the score so high" to prevent this forum to have one of those conversations spawn and then get locked by a mod due to the off topic conversations it will inevitably spawn.

Also, say what you said louder for the people in the back.
Jan 9, 2019 7:38 PM

Sep 2018
Biscuitsawce said:
I kind of wish you named this thread "Why is the score so high" to prevent this forum to have one of those conversations spawn and then get locked by a mod due to the off topic conversations it will inevitably spawn.

That's actually a good idea..

But that will be a bait
We are all Misanthropes

Made you learn

Jan 9, 2019 7:39 PM

Nov 2016
You are Late. there are already some threads like that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2019 7:41 PM

Sep 2018
Afloo said:

Saw it. Hated it.

He had no point.
We are all Misanthropes

Made you learn

Jan 9, 2019 7:44 PM

Jun 2017
The only acceptable click-bait
Jan 9, 2019 7:46 PM

Feb 2018
"HOW DARE THEY ? , if i don't enjoy it no one should "
Jan 9, 2019 7:46 PM

Nov 2016
Bloe said:
Afloo said:

Saw it. Hated it.

He had no point.

That thread Was a Pile of Non-Arguments.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2019 7:58 PM
Feb 2017
Bloe said:
Biscuitsawce said:

That's actually a good idea..

But that will be a bait

I have been jebaited, I concede.
Jan 9, 2019 8:14 PM

Sep 2018
BourBon-7so said:

Congratulations!!
You won the prize of "I have just read the title and replied"

Look below
We are all Misanthropes

Made you learn

Jan 9, 2019 8:30 PM

Feb 2018
Bloe said:
BourBon-7so said:

Congratulations!!

Look below

I did , I was just mocking this kind of threads , that wasn't toward you sir
Jan 9, 2019 8:32 PM

Nov 2016
BourBon-7so said:
Bloe said:

Congratulations!!

Look below

Mocking This Threads In a Thread Made To mock this kinds of Threads and Bait the People Who post in them... NOW THAT IS META!!!
Jan 9, 2019 8:34 PM

Feb 2018
Afloo said:
BourBon-7so said:

Mocking This Threads In a Thread Made To mock this kinds of Threads and Bait the People Who post in them... NOW THAT IS META!!!

what can i say , i had to do it to em
Jan 9, 2019 11:10 PM
Jun 2012
It's always people who like the source material rating it. The first episode was typical anime until the last few minutes where it got really interesting. Will this be good? Probably. Does it deserve any rating never mind a top 40 after one episode? No.
Jan 10, 2019 1:40 AM

Dec 2013
Graciaus said:
It's always people who like the source material rating it. The first episode was typical anime until the last few minutes where it got really interesting. Will this be good? Probably. Does it deserve any rating never mind a top 40 after one episode? No.

Yeah, that feels weird. Basically, any seasonal anime can jump to top 50 with just one episode. Talk about common sense.
No wonder people complain about scores. I mean, that make them meaningless.
Jan 10, 2019 2:47 AM

Jul 2012
>raiting a show after watching a single episode

lmao sasuga mal
Jan 10, 2019 3:35 AM

Sep 2017
Don't pay attention to an anime score that is still airing, especially if there's only a few episodes out or it came out recently

I'm obviously caring about an anime score and since I began to follow seasonal animes in 2018, I watch every anime that's scored at least 8 because it means people like it and it might be a good show to watch

And yet I've never been disappointed, I know I discovered only like 5 animes with this method but I enjoy(ed) all of them

Some people on MAL just love complaining and whining about everything ~
Jan 10, 2019 4:21 AM
Aug 2016
Bunch of kids making more MAL accounts and giving high scores lol
Ep 1 was good but it doesnt deserve this score
Jan 10, 2019 4:24 AM

Jan 2016
Anu47448 said:

Nothing deserves a "score" after the first episode. It'll gradually go down but people tend to give out scores when they feel like it. I like to score the shows once at the halfway mark and then after. If I'd have to score this show now I'd probably give it a 9 because I know how good the first arc is gonna be
Jan 10, 2019 4:43 AM

Sep 2018
Themousen said:
Don't pay attention to an anime score that is still airing, especially if there's only a few episodes out or it came out recently

I'm obviously caring about an anime score and since I began to follow seasonal animes in 2018, I watch every anime that's scored at least 8 because it means people like it and it might be a good show to watch

And yet I've never been disappointed, I know I discovered only like 5 animes with this method but I enjoy(ed) all of them

Anu47448 said:

So like no one read what I wrote and just looked at the title and commented here

The score is good because because more people liked the first episode.

We are all Misanthropes

Made you learn

Jan 10, 2019 4:48 AM

May 2017
the score high because the OP song is great, "nanananananannaa" if you can hear it u like this anime.
Jan 10, 2019 4:52 AM

Sep 2018
Graciaus said:
Kamiyan3991 said:

Yeah, that feels weird. Basically, any seasonal anime can jump to top 50 with just one episode. Talk about common sense.

Just think of it as the score for the first episode.
We are all Misanthropes

Made you learn

Jan 10, 2019 4:59 AM

Sep 2017
Bloe said:
Themousen said:

Anu47448 said:

So like no one read what I wrote and just looked at the title and commented here

The score is good because because more people liked the first episode.

Of course I did, and I agree with that

just givin' my opinion
Jan 10, 2019 6:09 AM
Nov 2018
It would be awesome of this show can get a 9 score because i'm currently reading the manga and if they do it well then there's no show that deserves it more.
Jan 10, 2019 6:16 AM

Jul 2016
Exactly. I mean, is there ANY anime that deserves to be ranked so high after just one episode? It should go without saying that ratings based on the first episode = ratings for the first episode. The score is bound to settle to its "deserved" spot after the show finishes anyway.

I actually like that people rate shows from early episodes on. A good score may pique my interest for a show I wasn't planning to watch at first, and that way I won't be missing out on a potential gem as it airs.
Jan 10, 2019 6:17 AM

Dec 2013
Bloe said:
Graciaus said:
Kamiyan3991 said:

Not like it was anything special. Just a simple introduction.
I could understand this score if the first episode was actually WOW, like in Megalo Box case. But here? Hell no.
Jan 10, 2019 7:16 AM

Apr 2018
Kamiyan3991 said:
Bloe said:

I could understand this score if the first episode was actually WOW, like in Megalo Box case. But here? Hell no.
megalo box's first ep was everything but wow
and 20k people rated the manga while 5K rated the anime so it is fair to assume that at least half of those 5K are manga readers that know what will happen later
Jan 10, 2019 7:22 AM

Dec 2013
Akerakai said:
Kamiyan3991 said:

and 20k people rated the manga while 5K rated the anime so it is fair to assume that at least half of those 5K are manga readers that know what will happen later

Dunno, man. It had that oldschool vibe. And it looked like something different, compared to average seasonal anime. I could totally get why folks get hyped.
But giving 9-10 to another generic isekai/shounen is something I don't get. Welp, that's probably manga readers/new accounts mostly, but still.
Jan 10, 2019 7:46 AM
Mar 2016
Kamiyan3991 said:
Akerakai said:

Dunno, man. It had that oldschool vibe. And it looked like something different, compared to average seasonal anime. I could totally get why folks get hyped.
But giving 9-10 to another generic isekai/shounen is something I don't get. Welp, that's probably manga readers/new accounts mostly, but still.

This isn't even an isekai. Isekai involves a character being reincarnated or summoned into another world which isn't the case here. Also how do you know if this is a generic shounen from just one episode. While the anime made the twist pretty predictable, it actually came completely out of nowhere in the manga. The anime probably didn't want to make a huge secret that sth was wrong while the manga was trying to surprise the readers. If Cloverworks doesn't give too much hints for the next mysteries, they should be really hard to predict or even unpredictable.

As a manga reader this is one of the most original shounen in recent years. While it has some similarities to already existing shounen, especially Death Note and Attack on Titan, the setting apart from the orphanage is pretty unique. While the setting looks similar to that of Attack on Titan at first glance, it is still very different in execution.

Also, I don't remember another shounen anime or manga with an escape plot as the main premise. If you google "escape plot shounen manga", the first thing you will find is the wikipedia article of The Promised Neverland.
Jan 10, 2019 11:31 AM

Jan 2017
I get why people like it.
I don't get why people love it or why people hate it.
It's a perfectly fine series, but it's no masterpiece.
*laughs in Dimple*
Jan 10, 2019 3:22 PM
Jul 2018
The first episode is good the Score is 7 at least for me,good anime so far but it isn't a masterpiece
Jan 10, 2019 4:11 PM

Oct 2018
I don't get why people write reviews only an EP in. I feel like so many shows of 2018-2019 have been overhyped...

Though EP 1 was definitely top tier in setting mood and soundtrack.
Jan 11, 2019 12:12 AM

Dec 2013
TheEnhancedExe said:
Kamiyan3991 said:

This isn't even an isekai. Isekai involves a character being reincarnated or summoned into another world which isn't the case here. Also how do you know if this is a generic shounen from just one episode. While the anime made the twist pretty predictable, it actually came completely out of nowhere in the manga. The anime probably didn't want to make a huge secret that sth was wrong while the manga was trying to surprise the readers. If Cloverworks doesn't give too much hints for the next mysteries, they should be really hard to predict or even unpredictable.

As a manga reader this is one of the most original shounen in recent years. While it has some similarities to already existing shounen, especially Death Note and Attack on Titan, the setting apart from the orphanage is pretty unique. While the setting looks similar to that of Attack on Titan at first glance, it is still very different in execution.

Also, I don't remember another shounen anime or manga with an escape plot as the main premise. If you google "escape plot shounen manga", the first thing you will find is the wikipedia article of The Promised Neverland.

Nah, I meant in general.
Sorry for the confusion.

Plot is irrelevant, since it's shounen. You can compare it to Kuroko no Basket, for an instance. It's sport anime but it has dumb shounen mechanics.
Anyway, I'm not saying it's true for this show. I'm just expecting it to be considerably less impressive as manga readers tend to overvalue much.
But, uhh, we'll see. First episode was quite good but it's still pretty far from warranting that score.
Jan 11, 2019 2:03 AM
Mar 2016
Kamiyan3991 said:

Nah, I meant in general.
Sorry for the confusion.

Plot is irrelevant, since it's shounen. You can compare it to Kuroko no Basket, for an instance. It's sport anime but it has dumb shounen mechanics.
Anyway, I'm not saying it's true for this show. I'm just expecting it to be considerably less impressive as manga readers tend to overvalue much.
But, uhh, we'll see. First episode was quite good but it's still pretty far from warranting that score.

Oh, ok, then I'm sorry for misunderstanding.

It has a few shounen elements, but I would say it has less than most other shounen. I think the most shounen thing in this series is how Emma wants to save everyone, which you already know. I think the shounen protagonist that Emma is the most similar to personality wise is Gon from HxH. At least, I see people comparing them a lot. Though it isn't really noticeable early into the story. People even wanted Gon's voice actress to voice Emma.

I agree it doesn't deserve the score, but it's probably the usual that manga readers are hyped up for what's going to happen. This series has a very strong first arc and a lot of really well written twists early on. So people are exited because the first twist was already incredibly well adapted. I'm counting myself as well. If the whole season has this kind of quality, it will probably be a masterpiece imo. Sadly, the quality of the manga drops after the first arc (though it's still good). But the first season will only cover the first arc anyways.
Jan 11, 2019 2:14 AM

Sep 2018
Kamiyan3991 said:
Bloe said:

People are rating on the basis of manga.
It was an introduction but also a pretty good one. Of course Megalo box had a better one but still it was good.
We are all Misanthropes

Made you learn

Jan 11, 2019 9:33 AM

Apr 2017
Oh boy! I really can't understand why the heck it have a good rate! People shouldn't like what I don't like!
Jan 11, 2019 1:27 PM

Feb 2017
Thread locked for not encouraging discussion.

Complaining about threads that also do not encourage discussion is not a discussion.

Anime Discussion Rules 2: Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage discussion.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» I'm in a dilemma help ( 1 2 )

Saphhh - Mar 25

51 by EpicAlphaMale »»
Apr 1, 1:40 AM

» Best Season of Anime Ever?

bigeli2020 - Jul 18, 2022

47 by Zimmu »»
Mar 25, 12:35 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

567 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:53 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2019

295 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 4, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2019

245 by WuzWutz »»
Feb 22, 7:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.