Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 9, 2019 9:58 AM

Jul 2012
So, as a manga reader I think this was a good adaptation of the first chapter.
Hope it still as good *-*

(This seem the type of anime that is gonna be so popular it will get some passionate haters lololol Let's see XD)

Jan 9, 2019 10:01 AM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
In love with the opening!

Rip Conny :(

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Jan 9, 2019 10:05 AM

Aug 2016
Ooh my.. they did an amazing job on the first episode imo.
Big fan of the manga and this episode got me really hyped for the show, looking forward to how they'll adapt the rest of it.
Jan 9, 2019 10:09 AM
Mar 2016
JudoJD said:
Pretty disappointing tbh
All that hype yet you can tell what's going to happen from a mile away

For the people who've read The promised neverland....do the plot twists get any better onwards
I didn't not read the manga for one of the most predictable first episode turn of events I've seen in a while..."don't even read the synopsis. IT WILL SHOCK YOU REEE" sigh 😅

IMO they get better starting from the middle towards the end of the first arc which will most definitely cover the entire first season. At some point there was like one plot twist or cliffhanger every single chapter for about 12 or even more chapters straight. After that it gets different though and imo weaker than the first arc but still very enjoyable.

IMO, the first arc is 10/10, after that it's 8/10. Though don't expect too much from the next few episodes. There's lots of build-up first and the second half is where it gets really amazing.
Jan 9, 2019 10:19 AM

Jan 2016
The soundtrack is gorgeous! Pretty much what I expected, I'm glad that Clowerworks got this instead of A-1 because Clover works have been great so far

I've read this since chapter 1 so I obviously know how things are gonna play out, but people who are going in blind: Was it surprising? was it tense enough?
Jan 9, 2019 10:25 AM

Jul 2017
This episode felt really rushed and just bad paced. I hope it gets better but like everything really was just poorly paced honestly.
Jan 9, 2019 10:25 AM

Nov 2015
Honestly I just don't want the studio to actively screw this up. The source material is so strong...

Solid first episode.
Jan 9, 2019 10:27 AM
Sep 2018
Turn the heat boys this is gonna be a one hell of a ride. RIP Conny i knew these thick anime smiling bitches always has some ulterior motives.
At first i thought this anime will be like Island movie and the shit turned up like hell, I was nearly going to spit out my drink.
Jan 9, 2019 10:28 AM

Dec 2017
eh, not really impressed by the plot tbh. but the directing, animation and ost is fucking amazing. MAPPA back at it again with the quality nvm, it's CloverWorks

also, the faces look kinda weird. reminds me of Akira art style somehow
uninstallthegameJan 9, 2019 12:08 PM
Jan 9, 2019 10:32 AM

Jan 2017
uninstallthegame said:

Oh, thanks, I thought I was the only one who thought that.
*laughs in Dimple*
Jan 9, 2019 10:32 AM

Mar 2016
I like it already. Give me more shock value, I want more.
Jan 9, 2019 10:36 AM

May 2010
Read the manga since the very first chapter and im happy to finally watch some of it animated. Its gonna be a interesting watch considering what happened on the final page of last chapter...
Jan 9, 2019 10:37 AM

Oct 2016
GO Hype train!!!!
One of the best 1st episode i ever seen.
Jan 9, 2019 10:38 AM

May 2010

TheDarkMGames said:
uninstallthegame said:

Oh, thanks, I thought I was the only one who thought that.

i mean its 1:1 with the manga art. i would rather hate it if they changed that.
Jan 9, 2019 10:43 AM

Aug 2018
Just watched the first episode and not gonna lie...I loved it! Not to mention the great atmosphere music, and handling of the twist!
I have a magical girl addiction!
Jan 9, 2019 10:44 AM

Jul 2015
I got some "The Village (2004 film)" vibes for a reason.
Other than that, looks interesting. And very good opening
Jan 9, 2019 10:45 AM
Jul 2018
In term of realisation this episode was pur gold.
The character acting is really well handled by the team, I like the background design and the OST.
For me it was a really really great episode.
Jan 9, 2019 10:50 AM

Dec 2015
A pretty decent first episode though I did notice a stupid inconsistency.
We clearly see that Conny has her bunny just before leaving yet somehow it gets left behind in an entirely different room.
Jan 9, 2019 10:51 AM
Apr 2012
Bobby2Hands said:
We clearly see that Conny has her bunny just before leaving yet somehow it gets left behind in an entirely different room.

Not really. It will be explained later on.
Jan 9, 2019 10:52 AM

Nov 2016
Was looking forward to this since the first chapter came out and wow, it definitely lived up to my expectations.

Not perfect, but everything was really well done. From how they handled the suspenseful buildup to the climax of the episode with an efficient balance between mystery and lighheartedness, to the voice acting and sound department. Especially the opening was fire, that's UVERworld for ya.

I would've loved to go blind into this, but this was still a blast and I was able to feel the terror, helplessness and despair. One of the very best first episodes in recent years, it immediately got me hooked again. And friends I've forcedrecommended to watch this loved the start too.

Conny, tho.....feels bad :(

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 9, 2019 10:53 AM

Dec 2015
Little_Nai said:
Bobby2Hands said:

ok...will it explain why the demons or whatever killed Conny by impaling her with a bunch of roses?
Jan 9, 2019 10:54 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Really surprised with the adaptation quality, considering how Cloverworks' adaptations have been pretty lacking. The directing is amazing, with proper emphasis on certain scenes. The camera angles are interesting and dynamic. I love tiny moments like how the camera was following Norman's back before he checked the vehicle.

The visuals are also fantastic. Thank god for no CGI demons, they were gloriously animated. I love the exaggerated hand and eye movements they added for them. The character designs are quite unique, so I'm glad the anime's handling them well. The facial reactions and body movements are very well animated and feels lively. OST is on point and the voice acting is solid.

Uverworld is a hit-or-miss for me, and this OP's a hit. Probably the catchiest OP this season besides the MP100 OP. ED is very good too. And the pacing is good so far, with only one chapter adapted.

Zerity said:
This episode felt really rushed and just bad paced. I hope it gets better but like everything really was just poorly paced honestly.
It only adapted one chapter (albeit a lengthy chapter). But if they wanted to end the episode on a meaningful note, they had to get the first chapter done by this episode. And with the anime only being around 11-13 episodes, in order to cover the first arc, they'll need to adapt 37 chapters. That means each episode needs to do 3-4 chapters, which is quite a lot.

uninstallthegame said:
MAPPA back at it again with the quality
It's Cloverworks that's doing the anime. MAPPA's doing Dororo this season.
Jan 9, 2019 10:58 AM

Sep 2014
I was surprised with this episode. OP is great though sister Crone is kinda disturbing in it and the ED is good as well. I wasn't expecting much and was caught off guard. Really liked the animation and the OST. Hopefully, the next episodes will be as enjoyable as this one.
Jan 9, 2019 11:00 AM

Jun 2015
Meh, it was decent. I'm not fully invested yet, so hopefully it gets better.
Jan 9, 2019 11:01 AM

Aug 2017
As someone that didnt read the Manga, this was pretty interesting. And people say that it only gets better so now I am hyped
Jan 9, 2019 11:01 AM

Nov 2017
Pretty good episode, really made me want to see more of it ~
The visuals and soundtracks are really great and although I do like the opening, I don't think it's going to be one of my favorite of the season (but it might grow on me).
Anyway I heard a lot of good things from manga readers so I hope the rest of the show will live up to the hype.

Jan 9, 2019 11:04 AM

Aug 2008
4 minutes of faces with this character design and I already got fuel for today's nightmares. Seeing it's a noitamina show I have no qualms dropping it after few minutes. You usually don't need more.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jan 9, 2019 11:05 AM
Apr 2016
OP by UVERworld ffs I expected better :/
Jan 9, 2019 11:06 AM

Sep 2017
Pretty awesome. Even after reading the synopsis a while back and having the twist spoiled it was still really intense. They did a really good job with the atmosphere and such. Really excited for this one.
Jan 9, 2019 11:07 AM

Apr 2015
This has to be the most interesting thing I had watched in a while, the OP is magnificent even tho I am not a fan of Uverworld but damn that is amazing.

Praying that it won't be screwed over or something or at least adapt all the important and best parts, considering the length of the first arc from what I had heard.
Jan 9, 2019 11:08 AM

Oct 2013
Didnt know what the show is going to be about. And what the hell did I just see. That creeped me out. Wonderful drawnings of the kids. Great voice acting. Really good pilot episode.

Looking for more! Pure Conny :< poor rest of the kids! Oh and I kinda like Emma. Nice character till now.
My only regret is having regrets!
Jan 9, 2019 11:09 AM
Apr 2012
Bobby2Hands said:
Little_Nai said:

ok...will it explain why the demons or whatever killed Conny by impaling her with a bunch of roses?

Not in der first act which will be adapted in this season.
Jan 9, 2019 11:20 AM

Jun 2016
nice OP NICE ED and nice OST

insane plot in the beginning... the truth omg it's hurt...

episode 1 from all the season... i think this is the most interesting episode and will catch a lot of people... but MOB 2 with the flawless episode 1 still be no. 1 in my opinion....
Jan 9, 2019 11:21 AM

Sep 2018
Well Damn,that got dark real quickly.........Animation was great and OP and ED didnt disappoint either.....
well that's just my opinion.....
Jan 9, 2019 11:22 AM

Sep 2016
The opening and ending were really nice. As a Manga reader of Promised Neverland, I am extremely excited to see this animated. Sucks it seems like it's most likely only a 1 cour anime.

RIP Conny.
Jan 9, 2019 11:22 AM

Aug 2018
They made the scene were they found Conny perfect! If ClowerWorks dosen't fuck up now, it will be the perfect adaptation!

Looking forward to next weeks episode!
HENTAI
IS
ART
Jan 9, 2019 11:23 AM

Dec 2010
watching this point seeing cute ass conny getting kill was hella more sadder than in the manga.

was it me but the episode felt a bit rushed to me
Jan 9, 2019 11:24 AM

Apr 2011
I'm so happy to see The Promised Neverland animated! I loved the first episode and both tne OP and ED themes were really good. I'm looking forward for more!!
Jan 9, 2019 11:24 AM

Sep 2014

Good animation.
- It's the first episode of a highly anticipated series so it was expected.

The character dialogue was at times cringey and unnatural.
- If you wake up beside the same people everyday, you're not gonna be that excited and animated when you see them.
- They shouldve found a different way to explain to the viewers that the demons liked to eat humans instead of having them say it outright for exposition.
- Emma's personality/dialogue is too "shouneny".

Jan 9, 2019 11:25 AM

Jun 2016
Wow it was adapted better than i expected, at least this episode that is.
Seeing Norman animated was what i wanted the most from this but everything's so perfect nggg
Also that ending visuals.. oh god the foreshadowing ahah
Jan 9, 2019 11:30 AM

Apr 2018
Thx god This is wayyyyyy better than what i've expected this adaptation to be .

It looks gorgeous and the directing is on point .
The pacing and music were pretty good too.

It only gets better from here if the material is adapted like it should be.

Aoty contender
AkerakaiJan 9, 2019 11:43 AM
Jan 9, 2019 11:37 AM
a car

Jun 2017
Now THIS is a step up from that other show (you know, the Shield one)! UVERworld really knows how to make opening songs!

Sadly, though, it doesn't look like the studio will be able to do the "creep factor" stuff justice, even with the jump scare approach they seem to be trying. But still, though, this is probably going to be show of the season.

Btw why does MAL say this doesn't air for two more days?
Jan 9, 2019 11:38 AM

Mar 2012
Wow

I knew this series has dark elements but i was not prepared for this type of show. I literally got shivers and my heart was racing, i can't even remember the last time an anime creeped me out.

I would definitely recommend to give this one a try from what i saw in the first episode, especially those with a love of creepy and horror vibes.

Now the hard part is avoiding spoilers as much as i can.
Jan 9, 2019 11:43 AM

Aug 2014
Man what a ride. So far this is already one of my favorite anime of the season. Poor Conny ): the last scene with the mom looking at Conny's rabbit doll made me jump lol.
Jan 9, 2019 11:47 AM

Jan 2015
Good adaptation

The plot twist had a greater impact in the manga if you ask me, but maybe that’s because I already know what the twist was
Jan 9, 2019 11:48 AM

Apr 2015
Natsuki_Hyundai said:

Btw why does MAL say this doesn't air for two more days?

It aired early apparently, according to the OP of this forum, as "
Episode 1 aired today at C3AFA Singapore"
Jan 9, 2019 11:49 AM

Oct 2012
i really like the OP, its give the impression of mystery
Nothing To See
Jan 9, 2019 11:54 AM
Apr 2018
it was ok. ost is fine, animation is fine, art is atrociously bad. didn't give two fucks about character designs other than the hair, nice.
it wasn't boring i'll give it that, it was pretty obvious that they were dragging things out so they could end with a death though. 5/10 for a first ep, yall should read the manga
Jan 9, 2019 12:03 PM
Mar 2018
They discarded some things from chapter one and added some scenes. As a manga reader, I'd say the adaptation of the first chapter is most likely alright. One of the highlights of the episode imo was the lightening effects in order to create the tension.

Didn't enjoy the opening, tho. It felt for me like early Naruto OPs, especially in the part in which Ray reaches out with his hand. The ED is amazing tho. Loved it.

Overall it was alright.
Jan 9, 2019 12:04 PM
Nov 2015
Excellent adaptation of the first chapter.

Art, animation, voice acting, direction, OST all on point. I just didn't like the ending as much.

The plot twist was (to me) surprisingly more shocking than in the manga. Very well handled. For those watching it for the first time must have been really creepy.

I will give it a 5/5. Looking forward to the next episodes!
Pages (12) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I'm in a dilemma help ( 1 2 )

Saphhh - Mar 25

51 by EpicAlphaMale »»
Apr 1, 1:40 AM

» Best Season of Anime Ever?

bigeli2020 - Jul 18, 2022

47 by Zimmu »»
Mar 25, 12:35 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

567 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:53 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2019

295 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 4, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2019

245 by WuzWutz »»
Feb 22, 7:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.