Forum Settings
Forums

2019 Anime Watching Challenge - Discussion (OPEN until DEC 15)

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (48) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jan 8, 2019 7:07 PM

May 2015
For (N.16) Watch an anime with 2 or more main characters where one is as a human child, would Mayoi Hachikuji from Owarimonogatari 2nd Season count?

Jan 8, 2019 7:24 PM

Jun 2016
(Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field)

for servant x service would it be valid if i put government employee as the occupation theres no specific job title
Jan 8, 2019 7:28 PM

Nov 2014
Hello, it's me again! Can I use the anime "Spaceโ˜†Dandy" for 26. Watch an anime with a full English title

Dandy is the name of the Main Character but it's also an english word so... Can i have confirmation please?

Jan 8, 2019 7:33 PM

Sep 2016
So for the challenge I know that movies, shows, ovas, etc. are acceptable if the number doesn't specify what type it needs to be.

But for numbers like (N.14) Watch an anime with more than 16 minutes per episode and a score of or above 8.00, I was wondering if it has to be a show since it says "episode" or if a movie is acceptable as long as its longer than the 16 minute requirement.

Edit: flipsard, thank you!
Ace_AngelJan 8, 2019 7:43 PM
Jan 8, 2019 7:36 PM

Dec 2017
Ace_Angel said:
So for the challenge I know that movies, shows, ovas, etc. are acceptable if the number doesn't specify what type it needs to be.

But for numbers like (N.14) Watch an anime with more than 16 minutes per episode and a score of or above 8.00, I was wondering if it has to be a show since it says "episode" or if a movie is acceptable as long as its longer than the 16 minute requirement.

Hi, yes it is acceptable as long as it is at least 16 minutes long, if it only has one episode such as a movie or an OVA/ONA it is still valid.

ampd said:

for servant x service would it be valid if i put government employee as the occupation theres no specific job title

Hi, yes Servant x Service is valid for that item since the characters get paid for what they do.

QueenArashi said:
Hello, it's me again! Can I use the anime "Spaceโ˜†Dandy" for 26. Watch an anime with a full English title

Dandy is the name of the Main Character but it's also an english word so... Can i have confirmation please?

Hi, since Dandy is the main characters name that anime is invalid for that item.
flipsardJan 8, 2019 7:43 PM
Jan 8, 2019 7:46 PM

Nov 2014
flipsard said:

QueenArashi said:

Hi, since Dandy is the main characters name that anime is invalid for that item.

Alright, thanks again! I'll go with Prison School then

Jan 8, 2019 8:53 PM

Apr 2012
So it is totally fine to bold our items, and delete the items we aren't using?
Jan 8, 2019 8:57 PM
a lil bean โœจ

Feb 2011
Please remember to not double post, just edit your last reply
@dixcloxure
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1760533&show=100#msg56674057
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1760533&show=100#msg56674067

@ScarletCelestial
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1760533&show=100#msg56675511
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1760533&show=100#msg56675546

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1760533&show=100#msg56675563
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1760533&show=100#msg56675572

(please, really stop double posting)
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1760533&show=150#msg56676484
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1760533&show=150#msg56676488

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1760533&show=150#msg56676497
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1760533&show=150#msg56676501

@Olde-Jo
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1760533&show=150#msg56678720
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1760533&show=150#msg56678730

(My apologies if it was already answered and I missed it)

pluvia33 said:
Thanks for the response and glad I could at least point out one legit issue. I almost feel like the level steps should just be an optional title thing, like Angelic. That would solve the issue of if someone has to fix something after inspection via watching new stuff, etc.; if they have to mess with their list that much, they just don't get the "Leveler" (or "Sequencer" or whatever) title. I get that this would kind of up-end the entire gimmick of this year's Challenge and that I suppose one of the key points of the Challenge is to be -challenging-, but I'm unsure how fun this style of progression is for some people.
Edit: Conversely, there could instead be an "Easy Mode" option for the Challenge in which you don't have to follow the level sequences, a kind of -negative- title for those who don't want to follow the levels or find it too complicated/cumbersome. If you end up having to mess up your dates after inspection, you'd be forced to add the "Easy Mode" tag to your Challenge. Just a thought.
Anyway, I'll just be keeping a log of my start and finish dates for anime offline and see how things pan out. Thanks for everything you do!

Yes, thanks for bringing this to attention early on. I'm still considering what to do.
Your idea of the Easy Mode has been noted, because it seems interesting, but most likely won't be implemented this year.

mozgow said:
SheyCroix said:
As stated on the rules
"Re-watched anime cannot be used for the challenge."
It's still a re-watch cause you watched again anime already watched. If it was started last year, you shouldn't use it.
I think they mean they watched only the first three episodes and re-watched them this year.
I would also like to know the answer to this question as I was planing to finally complete InuYasha (I've watched the first 37 episodes back in 2014).

They did say "watched them weeks ago", which means last year.
Still, stands as stated. Rewatched anime won't be valid. You can always use it for the on hold item tho

PrOxAnto said:
As for the pleasing to the eye part I mentioned, this is my 2018 AWC form; PrOxAnto 2018 AWC - I would love to use the font size and style, I wouldn't change the format itself.

It's stated on the rules to not change the font size, so please don't do that. (@mozgow)
The font style, as long as it's readable, I don't see a problem with it. Do avoid cursive and weird ones.

fuyuki said:
I've made some badges but I don't want to donate them now, because I know for sure I'll be still making more and I prefer to donate them in one big batch later. There'll be a few categories, so donating them gradually in smaller batches would create a mess. I was wondering, would it be okay if I made a blog post with the unofficial badges before donating them oficially so that people can use the finished ones already? Or (in case you don't want it to be unofficial) maybe you could link the blog post (after I create it) at the end of the "Banners" post to make it semi-official? Lol sorry for complicating things, but I know I'll be using those badges before donating them (I already am actually) and I don't want it to create confusion.

I rather add the badges themselves instead of linking to the post. So, let's wait till you are done? Otherwise I don't mind adding them as you go.

protoplasm said:
That much I know. I was asking because correct dates have more importance this time around (rank progression), and I don't know if you guys check 'History' etc. so mine would obviously show an inconsistency in this case. But I guess I should just make sure to not fuck up my last anime watched for a rank lol

As long as (1) you watch them during the year, (2) state the dates as listed on your list and (3) your anime list has the sames dates over there, it should be okay. The episode history is only asking for confirmation on certain items.

ScarletCelestial said:
@AWC_Mod or @SheyCroix
I think this may be a very important question. What happens if there is a change to an item criteria or specification after a person has completed that item?
For example, a 16+ minutes bit is added to an item that didn't have it before, but player A watched something 15- minutes. The item was in Novice, but the player is working on Intermediate.
???

That's something that shouldn't happen by any means cause it won't be fair to all the participants. I doubt that has happened before or that will happen in the future. THO if you see something like that, make sure to call it out.

darkuria said:
I have a question to avoid possible future fixes. I am the type of person that update a little late my list on MAL, I mean I never enter any date in the advanced of the entry, I don't usually put anime on "watching list", I only put my anime when I finnish it, so it will never be registered exactly the date in my MAL, I know I can do it manually in advanced options, but it is tedious for me. I only register an anime in my MAL when I complete an anime and that's all, and I write the date in the challenge list. Can I do that? In my MAL I have to write exactly the date?

Same answer as give to protoplasm above. Try to at least update your episodes watched more periodically, in case you are asked for your episode history. And well, it's preferred if it were an exact date, but that's something only you know the truth of.

GDHM39 said:
Hi there, is Honda-san the Bookseller from https://myanimelist.net/anime/36317/Gaikotsu_Shotenin_Honda-san
useable for the challenge : (N.17) Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field
I mean he is a Bookseller and i assume he will get paid for his job ...

Yeah, seems valid from the info around

riyuurin said:
[...] Also, another dumb question 'Watch an anime with more than 16 minutes in total' applies to series and not just movies?

the 2nd question, to any anime considered for that item

DoubleJEspejwan6 said:
[...] Also, for the "Watch an anime in which your favorite character's voice actor participated," do English voice actors apply too? I know this all seems pretty obvious, but I thought I'd clarify before making any changes.

They are voice actors, so why wouldn't they be? Yes, you can use them as long as they are valid for the item

--------------------- DIDN'T MANAGE TO FINISH WITH A FEW OTHERS POST THERE (will post the rest of the answers later on)

LunyRem said:
Hello @AWC_Mod and @SheyCroix ! I'm submitting my first batch of banners for this year's AWC! Yay! o/ I only have made 2 pairs right now. I was struggling in thinking of new ideas for designs so these took me a while to finish. xD

That's not all the banners I'll be making because I plan to add some more, so stay tuned! ^^
Thanks to everyone for making this year's AWC happen! :D

Awesome~ Looking forward to the others. Will be adding those soon

Riqueplast said:
Hi @AWC_mod, Sorry to bother, but since I didn't find the "clean" banners for this year Challenge, I took the ones from 2018 and just changed the year.
I didn't find how to "give" them so I am leaving them here:

And for the Manga Challenge:

I kinda forgot to make them so thanks! I will add them soon

แƒฆ HiScore แƒฆ LoScore แƒฆ Auction

แƒฆ Turn-Ins แƒฆ AWCc

แ“šแ˜แ—ข

Jan 8, 2019 9:38 PM

Aug 2017
Can I delete the items that I am not going to use?
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 8, 2019 9:50 PM

Nov 2014
Nurguburu said:
Can I delete the items that I am not going to use?
Yep! As long as you have the required amount of items for each section, you're good.

nerfsunny said:
For (N.16) Watch an anime with 2 or more main characters where one is as a human child, would Mayoi Hachikuji from Owarimonogatari 2nd Season count?

Nope, sorry.
CureEtudeJan 8, 2019 10:01 PM
Jan 8, 2019 10:05 PM

Feb 2017
For the Item:
Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field — state the character and profession; they get paid for their services, like a chef, detective, artist and so on. If unsure, ask in the discussion thread

Would Shinra Kishitani / Doctor form Durarara!!x2 Shou be a valid choice?

AWC_mod said:

Jan 01 - Sep 29 || Angelic Expert, Persistent Master of TV || #2297 || #76 || @ManuelB87

Jan 8, 2019 10:19 PM

Feb 2017
flipsard said:
ManuelB87 said:
For the Item:

As long as he gets paid for it, it should be valid.

Okay thanks. I hope he gets paid for it^^

AWC_mod said:

Jan 01 - Sep 29 || Angelic Expert, Persistent Master of TV || #2297 || #76 || @ManuelB87

Jan 8, 2019 10:47 PM

Jun 2016
Would Blend S work for entry 26? Not sure if the "S" part has any bearing.
"Make sure to remember, every person and place has a right to exist. It's true for you too, the entire world, as a whole, is your home." - Ginko
Jan 8, 2019 10:48 PM

May 2014
just curious.. but if you actually choose to do one of these
Watch an anime from the predictive search using a participant that posted directly above/below you

Watch an anime that another participant has completed for this challenge

Watch an anime from the predictive search using the participant that posted on the first page

Watch an active staff member's favorite anime with 10 episodes or more

what happens when you've already moved on to another section, and the person you used, changes their username/favorites or withdraws their challenge? you're just screwed and have to scrap all progress beyond that point?

I'll be out ridin' my pony until it's time for candy
And I'll be naked, because I want to

โ™ซ
Jan 8, 2019 10:58 PM

Dec 2012
flipsard said:
Hexcellion said:
If I had an on-hold or dropped anime in 2018, do I use that date for my sign up? It says here:

The "Challenge Start Date" shouldn't be today's date, but the date of your first completed and used anime for the challenge, regardless of when you post your sign up form.

Use the first anime you started for the challenge since you originally didn’t watch that for the challenge, though use your original start date if you do the item that requires an old hold or dropped anime.
On that note, I have a question regarding my start date. Technically I started my first novice item on January 2nd, but I did begin SAO: Alicization on January 1st. Since it might be 50+ episodes, I was hoping to use it as an exception for a different level later on (because of that 50+ exception to the rule). If it isn't, I won't be using it at all. In the event that it ends up being 50+ and I can use it, should I set my start date to that? Or would it be better to set it as the first item I used for novice?

Maybe I'm over complicating my question. I only ask because I want to avoid any possible confusion when inspection time comes.
Jan 8, 2019 11:01 PM

Dec 2017
Bayek said:
flipsard said:

Use the first anime you started for the challenge since you originally didn’t watch that for the challenge, though use your original start date if you do the item that requires an old hold or dropped anime.
On that note, I have a question regarding my start date. Technically I started my first novice item on January 2nd, but I did begin SAO: Alicization on January 1st. Since it might be 50+ episodes, I was hoping to use it as an exception for a different level later on (because of that 50+ exception to the rule). If it isn't, I won't be using it at all. In the event that it ends up being 50+ and I can use it, should I set my start date to that? Or would it be better to set it as the first item I used for novice?

Apologies if I'm over complicating my question. I only ask because I want to avoid any possible confusion when inspection time comes.

Hi, for now make your start date January 2nd but if you end up using SAO, then change your start date to January 1st.

TheMightyMushi said:
Would Blend S work for entry 26? Not sure if the "S" part has any bearing.

Hi, yes Blend S is valid for item 26.

Jan 8, 2019 11:11 PM

Dec 2012
flipsard said:
Bayek said:

Apologies if I'm over complicating my question. I only ask because I want to avoid any possible confusion when inspection time comes.

Hi, for now make your start date January 2nd but if you end up using SAO, then change your start date to January 1st.

Sounds good, thanks. And just for future reference, should I state on a separate line that I'm using a 50+ episode anime as an exception to the rule? If so, is there a certain way you'd prefer it to have that information included? For example:

24. [Start Date] [End Date] - blah blah blah blah complete this
ANIME_TITLE
[50+ Episode Rule]
Jan 8, 2019 11:18 PM

Dec 2017
Bayek said:
flipsard said:

Sounds good, thanks. And just for future reference, should I state on a separate line that I'm using a 50+ episode anime as an exception to the rule? If so, is there a certain way you'd prefer it to have that information included? For example:

24. [Start Date] [End Date] - blah blah blah blah complete this
ANIME_TITLE
[50+ Episode Rule]

If you would like to add that there, I don’t see any harm in doing so.
Jan 8, 2019 11:37 PM

Oct 2013
So I made my own banners, if you want to use it with the old banners with only text from the previous years!

[img]https://i.imgur.com/qA2QdSG.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/M6si7sK.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/btUcTVF.png[/img]

Edit : well since the codes I gave are all here I add the two others banners I made later to match with the Mob Psycho Banner! the last will be mine of course eheh <3

[img]https://i.imgur.com/1lNuPXc.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/np7KYwf.png[/img]
TitadouFeb 6, 2019 1:16 PM
Jan 9, 2019 12:08 AM

Oct 2014
pluvia33 said:
Initial reaction: The "must finish a level before moving to the next" is concerning in a few ways:

3. I'm not sure if this more rigid structure makes the Challenge more fun or provides any other benefit.

I felt the same way about this year. I watch stuff kind of slowly and even starting at the beginning of the year I imagine I would only be able to complete the novice challenge. Plus a lot of the series I wanted to watch were on the longer side. But the novice level feels pretty simple and some of the more interesting challenges are in levels 2 and 3. So these rules are a little frustrating that I have to start on novice level. Depending on which seasonal series you want to check out, you could see if they slot into the higher level challenges and pick shorter stuff for some of the earlier challenges. I've also thought of choosing shorter series or movies for some of the earlier challenges. I don't think that would be a problem except for the challenges that mention episodes more than x minutes.
Jan 9, 2019 12:12 AM
Dec 2011
I really like the new challenge! The tiered system keeps things interesting and doesn't lead to the requirement change problem that last year's challenge had (I had to drop ranks due to personal problems, and several Tier 3 things I watched were no longer part of my requirements, so I had to scramble at the end of the year.)

I also like the provided format. It makes it really clear what extra information is needed and where it should go. I hope it makes things easier on the mods this year!

Here's to a good year everyone~
Jan 9, 2019 12:13 AM

Oct 2013
plutodiplomat said:
pluvia33 said:
Initial reaction: The "must finish a level before moving to the next" is concerning in a few ways:

3. I'm not sure if this more rigid structure makes the Challenge more fun or provides any other benefit.

I felt the same way about this year. I watch stuff kind of slowly and even starting at the beginning of the year I imagine I would only be able to complete the novice challenge. Plus a lot of the series I wanted to watch were on the longer side. But the novice level feels pretty simple and some of the more interesting challenges are in levels 2 and 3. So these rules are a little frustrating that I have to start on novice level. Depending on which seasonal series you want to check out, you could see if they slot into the higher level challenges and pick shorter stuff for some of the earlier challenges. I've also thought of choosing shorter series or movies for some of the earlier challenges. I don't think that would be a problem except for the challenges that mention episodes more than x minutes.

I feel you... I don't know if I will even watch seasonal anime if I want my expert master of tv types challenges...
Jan 9, 2019 12:15 AM
Dec 2011
Clover said:
Watch an anime from the predictive search using a participant that posted directly above/below you

Watch an anime from the predictive search using the participant that posted on the first page

what happens when you've already moved on to another section, and the person you used, changes their username/favorites or withdraws their challenge? you're just screwed and have to scrap all progress beyond that point?

As long as you take a screenshot to prove that the participant existed or that they had a certain item on their list, you should be fine! You can just link to the screenshot as proof if something were to happen.
Jan 9, 2019 12:21 AM

Dec 2017
Clover said:

Yes just as stated by @TheLightEthereal
You can take a screenshot of the required information and as long as it includes your username in the screenshot it will still be valid even if the user changes the used anime.
Jan 9, 2019 12:36 AM

May 2014
TheLightEthereal said:
Clover said:

As long as you take a screenshot to prove that the participant existed or that they had a certain item on their list, you should be fine! You can just link to the screenshot as proof if something were to happen.
flipsard said:
Clover said:

You can take a screenshot of the required information and as long as it includes your username in the screenshot it will still be valid even if the user changes the used anime.

well okay
state their username and initial post number; if they change their username before you finish the challenge ,you will have to change this accordingly
link their post here; state their username and the item number they used the anime for; if the user used decides to withdraw from the challenge and modifies their post as such, you will need to change it

you know.. both of these things imply you'll have to change your entry regardless of whether you have a screenshot or not

โ™ซ
Jan 9, 2019 12:41 AM

Oct 2013
Clover said:
TheLightEthereal said:

flipsard said:

well okay
state their username and initial post number; if they change their username before you finish the challenge ,you will have to change this accordingly
link their post here; state their username and the item number they used the anime for; if the user used decides to withdraw from the challenge and modifies their post as such, you will need to change it

you know.. both of these things imply you'll have to change your entry regardless of whether you have a screenshot or not

Or since you can chose the items in the list you should just take another if you're not sure, it's easy
Jan 9, 2019 12:42 AM

Dec 2017
Clover said:
TheLightEthereal said:

flipsard said:

well okay

There are many specific situations that could change the outcome of what you need to do/fix.

Take screenshots of any items that use someone else or things that could change, if they include your own username the majority of the time they will be valid.

If for some reason or another your item is invalid even with a screenshot then you will be told why when your form is inspected and will be required to fix it.
Jan 9, 2019 12:48 AM

Nov 2010
Olde-Jo said:
Apologies for the double post, however, I'd very much appreciate if someone could recommend me Anime for these items (preferably not too long):

(N.13) Watch an anime with more than 16 minutes per episode and a score of or below 6.00

(N.28) Watch an anime that finished airing with more than 10 episodes and has a synopsis by MAL Rewrite

Much appreciated.

N.13 I thought I have watched lot of trash animes, but apparently most of trash it's still bit above that 6 xd I did manage to find this one though if OVA's are ok to you: https://myanimelist.net/anime/1855/JaJa_Uma_Quartet , also found this spin-off that's also OVA: https://myanimelist.net/anime/281/Akane_Maniax

N.28. Apparently quite many animes have synopsis by MAL rewrite, so you could just pick sth on your plan to watch like Angel Beats?
Jan 9, 2019 12:54 AM

Oct 2013
KomaDoll said:
Olde-Jo said:
Apologies for the double post, however, I'd very much appreciate if someone could recommend me Anime for these items (preferably not too long):

(N.13) Watch an anime with more than 16 minutes per episode and a score of or below 6.00

(N.28) Watch an anime that finished airing with more than 10 episodes and has a synopsis by MAL Rewrite

Much appreciated.

N.13 I thought I have watched lot of trash animes, but apparently most of trash it's still bit above that 6 xd I did manage to find this one though if OVA's are ok to you: https://myanimelist.net/anime/1855/JaJa_Uma_Quartet , also found this spin-off that's also OVA: https://myanimelist.net/anime/281/Akane_Maniax

N.28. Apparently quite many animes have synopsis by MAL rewrite, so you could just pick sth on your plan to watch like Angel Beats?

Oops for Mal Rewrite there's a club with the animes -> here <-
Did they forget the link ?
Jan 9, 2019 1:20 AM

May 2014
Titadou said:
Or since you can chose the items in the list you should just take another if you're not sure, it's easy

Is it easy to change the items on your challenge list? yes. Is it also pointless? yes. If the only provided solution is switching to a different requirement, then everyone should just save themselves future headaches and pretend these type of requirements don't exist, since the end result will just be the same anyway.

flipsard said:

There are many specific situations that could change the outcome of what you need to do/fix.

Take screenshots of any items that use someone else or things that could change, if they include your own username the majority of the time they will be valid.

If for some reason or another your item is invalid even with a screenshot then you will be told why when your form is inspected and will be required to fix it.

is this an Anime Watching Challenge or Take A Gamble On Screenshots Maybe Working Challenge bc I'm getting the feeling it could double as both :c

โ™ซ
Jan 9, 2019 1:21 AM

Dec 2017
Clover said:
Titadou said:

Is it easy to change the items on your challenge list? yes. Is it also pointless? yes. If the only provided solution is switching to a different requirement, then everyone should just save themselves future headaches and pretend these type of requirements don't exist, since the end result will just be the same anyway.

flipsard said:

is this an Anime Watching Challenge or Take A Gamble On Screenshots Maybe Working Challenge bc I'm getting the feeling it could double as both :c

Sometimes people change their info, nothing I or any of the other AWC team members can do, if you don’t want to do the items that require another user then just simply don’t do them, no one is forcing you.
Jan 9, 2019 1:32 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
SheyCroix said:
LunyRem said:
Hello @AWC_Mod and @SheyCroix ! I'm submitting my first batch of banners for this year's AWC! Yay! o/ I only have made 2 pairs right now. I was struggling in thinking of new ideas for designs so these took me a while to finish. xD

That's not all the banners I'll be making because I plan to add some more, so stay tuned! ^^
Thanks to everyone for making this year's AWC happen! :D

Awesome~ Looking forward to the others. Will be adding those soon

That would be great. Thanks! I'd love to be notified once my banners get added. >< I might make the next batch pretty soon!
Jan 9, 2019 1:36 AM

Oct 2016
Oh, right, I do have a question after all. If I don't have an anime in my forum set, should I just say N/A, or?
Jan 9, 2019 1:51 AM
a lil bean โœจ

Feb 2011
Kuromii said:
Oh, thanks a bunch! Those are very helpful, but I was actually referring to these:

and so on... they're all very much matching, and to break the streak since 2015 would be quite sad...

Those were donated by @omakase. She didn't do it again (I forgot to ask tho) so can't really do anything about it...

Dysp said:
If anybody's interested in a spreadsheet to plan their AWC I just finished half-ass-converting i_yuuko-chan's 2018 spreadsheet for this year and added some functionalities.
- Name parsing from URL
- Unfulfilled items are striked if section if completed
- Page 2 is a single cell ready to copy in the sign-in post

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12pk_48vOEQLW6yFGrR-UIfy8-mF9viizB8t3tcxoZxQ/edit?usp=sharing
LordessMeep said:

1. Is there a challenge generator or an excel sheet where we can potentially plan out the anime to watch? Or did I miss it in the rules section?

This may be what you were asking for.
NB: The tests are quarter-assed so PM me if something is supposed to work and doesn't so I can tell you it's a feature

That sounds pretty good. If you make another post explaining it a bit and how to go to it / work with it, I can link it with the FAQ and How to Participate posts. (tag either me, the AWC_mod or both)

MysticGoose said:
Okay two questions
"Watch an anime with 2 or more main characters where one is as a human child "
I imagine this wont be an issue, but what if the series has several kids under the age of 12 listed as main characters?
"Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field"
Will Sugimoto from Golden Kamuy count for this, he's a professional soldier

1. You only need to state one. If there's more it shouldn't be a problem
2. I think that he no longer works for the government nor get paid during the anime, if it's like that it won't be valid

dixcloxure said:
(Ap.03) Watch the last movie of a Movie-Series
Could anyone explain to me what this means? "last movie"
Can I just watch any from the whole list?

No, the last movie from one of the "sets" there.

animegeek4life said:
If we successfully complete the challenge with two official restrictions, will both of them be listed or will we have to pick only one title? I am definitely shooting for the Master of Drama title, but also tempted by the TV only restriction as well. I wanted to ask early on before potentially wasting my time. If life gets hectic, I am going to have to choose.
Thank you!
Good luck everyone~

As stated in the extra title section:
"Final title would be: [duration] master of [genre] [type] during [seasonal]"

Black_wind said:
Ok, while I'm here...we are supposed to watch fave anime of active staff member. As long as we don't use one of those retired people are we fine? Because the person I chose was logged onto MAL for the last time in September, so I'm not sure if that counts as "active".

As long as they don't have the "retired moderator" banner thingy it should be valid

Hackser_ said:
Might be a dumb question, but
13. Watch an anime with more than 16 minutes per episode and a score of or below 6.00
14. Watch an anime with more than 16 minutes per episode and a score of or above 8.00
Is it okay if the anime is only 1 episode?

Unless otherwise stated, it can be just one

snovieanime210 said:
Question: Would Gotoubun no Hanayome count for "(N.17) Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field"?
He's a tutor, and he gets paid for it, but I just want to make sure.
(I'm mostly unsure about if being a tutor is a "profession", because it's referred to as a part-time job in the synopsis.)

If it's as the synopsis says, it will be invalid because he's tutoring without getting paid yet, as if he will get paid once he's successful with his task.

starfishalliance said:
Since formatting is even more important this year I want to make sure this is okay before I get too deep into the challenge:
I've moved the actual challenge lists outside of the quote boxes because the numbered list was showing up consecutively as zeroes. It also allows a bit of extra room per line which I thought was nice. Everything else formatting-wise for the challenge list is exactly as it's supposed to be. Here's my sign-up post for reference. Also, is there a specific way we're meant to list the start and finish dates? Like January 3rd vs 01/03 or what have you.

The 0's are a noted problem from Firefox, as they display properly on Chrome. Is that your browser?
But no, removing the quotes are fine. As for the dates, as long as you are consistent with it for all the items, it won't be a problem. We can work around that (but I do prefer Jan 03). Do avoid using numbers like 3rd tho.

Slicercore said:
So I read the Restriction Notes on the challenge sign-up thread, and I'm still a bit fuzzy on how this works exactly. I'd like to try and get the Angelic title, so could I get an example of what restrictions I'd have to use in order to get that title, and how I would format it on my Sign-In and Turn-In posts.

If you read the rules, how to participate and challenge list explanations, you are covered. Just follow instructions.
As for restrictions, you don't really need any for it. Same way, you can try them all and it will be the same.

Bayek said:
Just got a small question about color codes. Is it alright to use a different color for each level? For example, I was thinking of using each level's color for their respective completed items. For example:
Novice for Novice
Apprentice for Apprentice (is this too bright?)

Yes, you can change the colors as you please. 2nd one seems fine.

XSquiggleSX said:
Looked through previous ones and have another slightly different question on
Item #26: Watch an anime with a full English title. I want to used Drifters (OVA)
Would that be ok with the (OVA) part?
Thanks!

Should be fina as OVA is an abbreviation

TuyNOM said:
Hello ! o7 For anime requiring a duration higher than 16 minutes, we must follow this duration or follow the desired duration? I read your example
-- "Rushed", your anime would need to have less than 5 favorites and 15 minutes or less per episode.
but I'm not really sure anymore.

heya~ The only exceptions are listed in the extra title section. Besides those items, you can use your desired restriction for the duration per episode

ampd said:

Yes, you can use that as the profession

ManuelB87 said:
For the Item:
Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field — state the character and profession; they get paid for their services, like a chef, detective, artist and so on. If unsure, ask in the discussion thread

Yes, he's valid

Clover said:

(@flipsard)
For the staff fave, you would need the screenshot
For the predictive search, as long as their post it's there it should be fine. If they do end changing their username before you finish your challenge, you will have to replace the item. It's a risk you are taking. As for what would happen if you don't notice and turn in is something I'm still considering / working on. But the final decision should be something that doesn't affect everyone's experience / time put on the challenge.
As for the completed by someone else, do remember they have to watch it first. If they withdraw you will need to change it, unless they leave their item list there. Same as stated above applies.
As someone said, you can always use other items if you don't like the risk with those items

Bayek said:
Maybe I'm over complicating my question. I only ask because I want to avoid any possible confusion when inspection time comes.

Since those are exception, if it's the first anime watched and used, set it to that

Titadou said:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/qA2QdSG.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/M6si7sK.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/btUcTVF.png[/img]

So I made my own if you want to use it! maybe I will make the old like this too hey that's not bad

That's pretty good, since you shared them here I'm hoping you don't mind me adding them as donated

Titadou said:
Oops for Mal Rewrite there's a club with the animes -> here <- Did they forget the link ?

I actually did, so thanks for pointing it out

FrozenRoy said:
Oh, right, I do have a question after all. If I don't have an anime in my forum set, should I just say N/A, or?

Yes, or just say None

แƒฆ HiScore แƒฆ LoScore แƒฆ Auction

แƒฆ Turn-Ins แƒฆ AWCc

แ“šแ˜แ—ข

Jan 9, 2019 2:06 AM

Jul 2014
SheyCroix said:
mozgow said:
I think they mean they watched only the first three episodes and re-watched them this year.
I would also like to know the answer to this question as I was planing to finally complete InuYasha (I've watched the first 37 episodes back in 2014).

They did say "watched them weeks ago", which means last year.
Still, stands as stated. Rewatched anime won't be valid. You can always use it for the on hold item tho
So no restarting from episode 1 this year. I will use it for that item. I was just hoping I could use more from my on-hold list for other too...
Jan 9, 2019 2:11 AM

May 2014
SheyCroix said:

As someone said, you can always use other items if you don't like the risk with those items

I don't like to live on the edge \o/ i also kind of really like the sound of that angelic whatever thing tho

on an unrelated note, does Jonah work for the requirement that asks for one human child? it says he's a child soldier, but no specific age so idk if I can use

โ™ซ
Jan 9, 2019 2:11 AM

Jun 2008
SheyCroix said:
animegeek4life said:
If we successfully complete the challenge with two official restrictions, will both of them be listed or will we have to pick only one title? I am definitely shooting for the Master of Drama title, but also tempted by the TV only restriction as well. I wanted to ask early on before potentially wasting my time. If life gets hectic, I am going to have to choose.
Thank you!
Good luck everyone~

As stated in the extra title section:
"Final title would be: [duration] master of [genre] [type] during [seasonal]"

Thank you! I read the section before I asked just to be sure but for some reason didn't process that specific part fully until after I asked and forgot to delete my question. haha

Jan 9, 2019 2:24 AM

Feb 2017
Just du make sure i understood it correct.

25. Watch an anime Featured in an article from 2018 onward — link the article used; the anime must have the "Featured" tab

https://myanimelist.net/featured/2270/MAL_Staff_Picks__Anime_of_the_Year_2018
Hinamatsuri is a valide choice from this article right?

AWC_mod said:

Jan 9, 2019 3:37 AM
CSS Wizard

Jul 2009
I have a habit of keeping only Airing anime on my Currently Watching section of the list. Any anime that has already ended before I start watching it, I do not add to the list before fully finishing it, and thus add it directly to the Completed section. Given the requirements for the challenges, I'll have to watch a lot of stuff from earlier years.

My question is, do I have to add to my list anything I watch for the challenge immediately after starting it, or can I just keep adding stuff directly to the Completed section when I finish it?
Jan 9, 2019 3:45 AM

Jul 2014
ManuelB87 said:

25. Watch an anime Featured in an article from 2018 onward — link the article used; the anime must have the "Featured" tab

Yes, it's valid for that item.

Half_Bl00d said:
My question is, do I have to add to my list anything I watch for the challenge immediately after starting it, or can I just keep adding stuff directly to the Completed section when I finish it?
You can add it after you finish watching it, but please remember to state both start and finish dates.
Jan 9, 2019 3:47 AM

Dec 2017
Clover said:
SheyCroix said:

I don't like to live on the edge \o/ i also kind of really like the sound of that angelic whatever thing tho

on an unrelated note, does Jonah work for the requirement that asks for one human child? it says he's a child soldier, but no specific age so idk if I can use

No Jonah would not be valid for that item as he is considered an "adolescent" on aniDB which is for a person between the ages of 13-19

ManuelB87 said:

Yes Hinamatsuri is valid for that item :)

flipsardJan 9, 2019 3:55 AM
Jan 9, 2019 4:28 AM

Jan 2013
Olde-Jo said:

Much appreciated.

For 13, this one is okay imo: https://myanimelist.net/anime/1245/Shihaisha_no_Tasogare Obviously nothing great but I don't think it was a trash so yeah, maybe try this if you don't find anything better.
Jan 9, 2019 4:34 AM

Jan 2013
SheyCroix said:

PrOxAnto said:
As for the pleasing to the eye part I mentioned, this is my 2018 AWC form; PrOxAnto 2018 AWC - I would love to use the font size and style, I wouldn't change the format itself.

It's stated on the rules to not change the font size, so please don't do that. (@mozgow)
The font style, as long as it's readable, I don't see a problem with it. Do avoid cursive and weird ones.

Gotya, got a different answer before but I'll remove the "size=xx" command whenever I'm ready to turn it in.
There's no harm to keep it as it is right now right, just makes it more accessible while I'm doing the challenge and editing my challenges ^^

Again thanks for the response, you've been a great help to me during the previous AWC's aswell.
Jan 9, 2019 4:36 AM

Dec 2016
Oh, maybe this year I'll manage to actually finish... I do like the tiered system, I feel like it makes it a lot more likely that I'll be able to keep up and complete the challenge at one point!

I was thinking of making some banners for fun, but I'm wondering if there's any specific etiquette/requirements for them? Other than size of course, and the participating/completed text? I am a forum infant as you can see.
Jan 9, 2019 4:55 AM
Feb 2017
๐Ÿ’  Legend: Watching - Completed - Inactive/Plan to Watch

what does this line mean ? i see this in sign up forms n i'm thinking of participating this time.
Jan 9, 2019 5:16 AM

Nov 2014
nits_ said:

what does this line mean ? i see this in sign up forms n i'm thinking of participating this time.

Hello! This line is a color code you have to use to complete your Challenge list! Here is an example in image :

Jan 9, 2019 5:16 AM
King of Justice

Mar 2017
nits_ said:

It's something to designate the colors used for items you're using for each challenge. For example, if you've completed a challenge, it should be whatever color 'Completed' is shown to be. Same for 'Watching' being for what you're currently working on, and 'Inactive/Plan to Watch' for what you haven't started yet.
Jan 9, 2019 5:32 AM
Feb 2017
thanks @QueenArashi @bigdud24 !.... gonna signup soon.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (48) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Your top 5 anime couples

Anjumhossain - Dec 12, 2022

39 by billybub »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Hentai is the worst anime genre ever created. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 17

94 by Timeline_man »»
4 minutes ago

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 7 hours ago

41 by Adverrito »»
5 minutes ago

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - Today

43 by DoisacChopper »»
30 minutes ago

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - Yesterday

39 by weebtoge »»
30 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.