Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 8, 2019 3:28 PM

Sep 2010
Ryuseishun said:
Swordarc said:

They have to make profit by completing these projects. One of the possible reason is that maybe they prefer quantity over quality. Hence, their time is rushing.

“Quantity over quality” is almost always never a good choice. This season is pretty much attempting to be a cash cow, and even then, with that horrendous drop in you-know-what, it’s already failing in that objective.
There are already 19 novels, and various character goods. It's possible that they'll continue to sell, and if JC Staff gets a cut of that, then that'll help this anime turn a profit for them, even if it's animated like this. >.>

LukesYGO_WSonYT said:
-snip-
Natsumi was really interesting to begin with, kinda funny how she made everything cartoon like, but boy things changed so quickly, that went all weird rather quickly, guess we will learn more about the sneeze and her condition changing so quickly another time.

Natsumi sure did cause a lot of chaos at the school, there was a lot of funny stuff to watch there, I can't believe Origami could have that much attention to details to notice who the real Shido was.
It fits Origami's character. She claimed Shido ate her cookie .02 seconds faster before, and seemingly remembers when and where Shido got his lunchbox. She's impossibly good with numbers and memory.

Also interesting how Origami's photo suggests she has the keenest sense of what's happening around her. The high angle suggests it's taken from a distance, and despite the shot being taken from behind, she's looking over her shoulder, seemingly at the photographer.

Can I interpret Origami's argument against the fake Shido as a rant against sub-par art and animation? Even if we can't identify and quantify stuff as well as Origami, we can still feel that some things are wrong, and it's unsettling.
It also feels like the opposite of the impersonation case in Prisma Illya. There, everyone falls for a 'doppelganger' who looks substantially different from the original. Here, Tohka and Origami quickly pick out a really convincing doppelganger.

The subtitle script doesn't seem that accurate, but I guess Crunchyroll's script will be better.
TakataJan 8, 2019 8:58 PM
Jan 8, 2019 4:30 PM

Jul 2016
Ryuseishun said:
Swordarc said:

They have to make profit by completing these projects. One of the possible reason is that maybe they prefer quantity over quality. Hence, their time is rushing.

“Quantity over quality” is almost always never a good choice. This season is pretty much attempting to be a cash cow, and even then, with that horrendous drop in you-know-what, it’s already failing in that objective.

Well, I guess they are just putting minimum effort to finish their work, if this is what they are thinking.

But these are just guessing from various discussion, there might be other factors and reasons that cause the poor art. We still don't know what is the actual reason to this.

Maybe you could compare S3 with the previous seasons and see the difference.

Life is empty without anime

Jan 8, 2019 4:44 PM

Nov 2014
This was pretty interesting
BUT
Im here for Kurumi
Where's my Kurumi >w<
Jan 8, 2019 5:07 PM

Aug 2014
Ryuseishun said:
Xaelath said:

The previous studio went bankrupt.
The first one haven't been active.

J.C got thrown from previous studio responsibility and can't handle amount of project they are currently working.

This anime will be a mess.

It's rather thrown out responsibility.
I know J.C Staff are mediocre in adaptation but their animation and art rarely wonky. Despite index 3 getting bashed, it's actually have been decent aside of it getting rushed and some scene of index are really good.

While i am more curious that DAL 3 never got any pre production at all due producer had problems picking the right studio with IMS getting bankrupt.
What doesn't make sense is why J.C got the tittles instead other Studio.

Remember that you cannot blame studio for picking an adaptation because it was all on producer that picks an adaptation and make a contract to the studio.
J.C might be their only option because they thought it was cheaper.

Then again DAL3 will end up like previous imouto anime.

KyoAni and Shaft have plenty of time on their hands, and yet......
Ugh I’ll just stop....

KyoAni only adapt mainly from their own works or special kind of source. They won't adapt this kind of tittle, you can judge based on their works. They're that kind of special studio in anime industry.

Shaft only dedicated to stuff mainly from Nisio Isin, they rarely adapt random anime unless task were given like those recent Fate/Extra that is an absolute trainwreck.

Another Studio that notably have the same kind structure is Ufotable. They mainly focused on stuff they contracted with (some games adaptation like Tales series or God eater series since they are the one who made for the game trailers) or most of popular Kinoko Nasu works.
Jan 8, 2019 5:35 PM
Feb 2018
Nothing suprising judging that its been made by J.C.Staff. Animation was shit, the art was shit, J.C.Staff is practically Studio Pierrot's twin at this point. They better not mess up OPM
Jan 8, 2019 5:35 PM
Aug 2017
There's a problem with the animation but I found this episode is interesting and looking forward for the next episodes (since I'm not reading its LN)
Jan 8, 2019 6:16 PM
Nov 2015
As I feared, they skipped the most important scenes that were supposed to serve as a setup for this season. Let me help you as a reader of the novels:

Important things from the LN cut out from the first episode of season 3

*Miku's interview with Shido and Kotori where she's asked about Phantom, the entity that turned her into a Spirit by receiving a Sephira Crystal. At this point you guys should know about this, the existence of these crystals was supposed to be revealed in the first season but the director has always tried to hide their existence in the anime, hence why many fans who read the LN hate him.

*Woodman and Karen's introduction where it is explained that they had plans to monitor Shidou since he had summoned several angels a few days ago (the last arc of season 2).

*Build up of tension between Westcott and DEM's board of directors.
Jan 8, 2019 7:47 PM

Nov 2017
You know? It look like i won't watch this before they fixed the animation or I'll just watch the BD version.
I know that JC Swag overworked by lot of anime this year...

But i never thought that it will be that worst like imouto anime
I already read the novel after all
Now Loading.....
Jan 8, 2019 8:35 PM

Jul 2016
y u do dis j.c staff , rip animation/art style...
Jan 8, 2019 9:24 PM
Jan 2018
bondtux said:
You know? It look like i won't watch this before they fixed the animation or I'll just watch the BD version.
I know that JC Swag overworked by lot of anime this year...

But i never thought that it will be that worst like imouto anime
I already read the novel after all

Don't count on it apparently they haven't made any changes to index 3 vol 1 but we will have to wait and see DAL 3 is getting released in 2 box sets of 6 episodes so something is going on
Jan 8, 2019 9:33 PM

Aug 2018
The episode was enjoyable enough, and exactly what I expected from DAL. sadly, the animation quality has taken a hit. JC Staff usually does a better job than this. Poor Miku was basically unrecognizable.
Jan 8, 2019 11:03 PM
Jan 2018
10/10 for graphic
can't believe JC staff has done this.
oh God..
Jan 9, 2019 12:54 AM

Feb 2018
Well thanks to JC Staff for continue this series.
Jan 9, 2019 2:09 AM

Apr 2009
well DAL S3 would only remind me of how J.C Staff will ruin it as like Hoods Ent. ruin Marchen Madchen and the other studio who ruined Imouto Ja Nai and now some people will suffer from this diabolical result

@Xaelath btw the studio that mad the first season of DAL and u said that was bankrupt many years ago was AIC

well time for me to fire some 40mm shells of hate of this show with my Bofors

The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Jan 9, 2019 3:34 AM
Dec 2017
Man I can't be arsed by the lack of animation, but damn my boi is not that beta anymore hm, is it time to grow up as a man?
"Life isn't always bright as daylight, the real personality of every person is when the night comes and the moonlight that shines through the dark hours."

Jan 9, 2019 3:36 AM

Jul 2015
Anybody noticed, that Shirou's tie changed pattern on rooftop scene?

Animation quality on this episode was overall bad. I hope we won't get Sister Writer 2.0.

Jan 9, 2019 4:19 AM

Aug 2014
Prankster_001 said:
well DAL S3 would only remind me of how J.C Staff will ruin it as like Hoods Ent. ruin Marchen Madchen and the other studio who ruined Imouto Ja Nai and now some people will suffer from this diabolical result

@Xaelath btw the studio that mad the first season of DAL and u said that was bankrupt many years ago was AIC

So AIC+ went bankrupt and IMS followed the same fate?
Interesting.

That said J.C have done themselves overworking too many projects at once, not really sure who's on fault accepting the project.

This will be This season trainwreck despite being one of the popular tittle after years of wait. Unlike Marchen or Imouto anime since they're new tittle and this one is a between studio that's known to make a decent anime (You can't deny this, most of their tittle have a decent art and rarely this bad in almost whole minute in a single episode).
Clearly they aren't ready for DAL. You either watch for story only or wait for BD Now.

Also the art resembles the hentai kind of quality. Low resolution, literally 16 bit colour, abrupt art etc.
Jan 9, 2019 4:50 AM
Dec 2017
But tbf the ending song is pretty good and somehow relaxing the f out of me
"Life isn't always bright as daylight, the real personality of every person is when the night comes and the moonlight that shines through the dark hours."

Jan 9, 2019 5:03 AM
Nov 2017
Xaelath said:
Guatafat said:
I couldn't stand more than 5 minutes it was awful harem trash (I watched the 2 seasons and I didn't remember this being so bad so probably new studio's fault)

J.C got thrown from previous studio responsibility and can't handle amount of project they are currently working.

ryuunosuke_d said:
just what the hell have you done J.C.Staff?
not just the artwork and animation, the whole DAL became like totally different anime.

I know J.C Staff are mediocre in adaptation but their animation and art rarely wonky. Despite index 3 getting bashed, it's actually have been decent aside of it getting rushed and some scene of index are really good.

While i am more curious that DAL 3 never got any pre production at all due producer had problems picking the right studio with IMS getting bankrupt.

Remember that you cannot blame studio for picking an adaptation because it was all on producer that picks an adaptation and make a contract to the studio.

I mean jc staff is decent at adaption. Wat they did rly good on was food wars and golden times. So fingers crossed, hopefully they make a comeback.
Jan 9, 2019 5:39 AM

Aug 2014
darkfearie said:
Xaelath said:

I mean jc staff is decent at adaption. Wat they did rly good on was food wars and golden times. So fingers crossed, hopefully they make a comeback.

Shokugeki no Souma first season was god sent, it went downhill afterwards.

At least it's still a decent adaptation, though laughably the 3rd season 2nd course they gave up on animating it (art wise it's still solid).
They made alot of good shit though.
Toradora, Danmachi, Kaichou maid, To aru series, Sakurasou,Bakuman,Prison school, Shakugan no Shana,Saiki Kusuo and lots more of anime i watched was from their works. I know really well what they're doing but this one seems they doesn't even care off to make it decent.
While their works mostly are 7+ rating this one seems it likes from 5 lower.

Although one can say this issue also appear in Index 3 but index 3 still retain same staff and decent art and animation (they seems to rush this adaptation to chase out Light novel for New Testament adaptation considering all of the VA in NT already announced from games).

That said DAL 3 will air soon enough and this thread will get crowded with people blaming J.C Staff.
I do blame them though for taking too much project they cannot handle.
Jan 9, 2019 7:07 AM

May 2018
Oh god, the animation. That was... something.

First random guess who got replaced, its totally Kotori.
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Jan 9, 2019 7:35 AM
Nov 2017
Xaelath said:
darkfearie said:

At least it's still a decent adaptation, though laughably the 3rd season 2nd course they gave up on animating it (art wise it's still solid).
Toradora, Danmachi, Kaichou maid, To aru series, Sakurasou,Bakuman,Prison school, Shakugan no Shana,Saiki Kusuo and lots more of anime i watched was from their works. I know really well what they're doing but this one seems they doesn't even care off to make it decent.

Although one can say this issue also appear in Index 3 but index 3 still retain same staff and decent art and animation (they seems to rush this adaptation to chase out Light novel for New Testament adaptation considering all of the VA in NT already announced from games).

That said DAL 3 will air soon enough and this thread will get crowded with people blaming J.C Staff.

i mean that's tru, the fact that they gave up animating it and it went downhill as sequels come 4 food wars, jc staff was taking so much projects in the process. hopefully another fuckin studio takes over DAL and animate it.
Jan 9, 2019 8:21 AM
Jan 2018
darkfearie said:
Xaelath said:

i mean that's tru, the fact that they gave up animating it and it went downhill as sequels come 4 food wars, jc staff was taking so much projects in the process. hopefully another fuckin studio takes over DAL and animate it.

The series has had 3 different stuidos already and a new one isn't going to come out the blue to do this season
Jan 9, 2019 8:40 AM
Jan 2018
Xaelath said:
ryuunosuke_d said:

please don't say that..
damn, now I'm worrying Konosuba and One Punch Man.

I am sure OPM already had a year of pre production.
It might be not equally good as Madhouse version though.

But Konosuba one i don't know.
Where's deen on all this?

It's pretty much confirmed that DAL3 is a trainwreck.
You'll see it soon enough.

But at least with my sister my writer they delayed the Blu Ray release by two months of it's first vol to work on the first to episodes and will most likely do the same to the others.

There has been no resurance that j.c staff is going to fix the art animation. Even that maden series got a fix the one with the fairy tail books
Jan 9, 2019 8:43 AM
Dec 2018
darkfearie said:
Xaelath said:

No sadly not, they got 10 more anime projects to do so no!
Jan 9, 2019 11:04 AM

Jan 2014
The animation/art is very disappointing. You can tell this was very rushed.

Hopefully it will improve, but the fact that it looks like this on the 1st episode is quite worrisome......
Jan 9, 2019 11:44 AM
Mar 2017
https://www.bilibili.com/video/av40252933 just look at the quality of a PV. I guess its fine for Pre aired episode to have low quality, it's not final.
Jan 9, 2019 12:52 PM

Aug 2009
bastek66 said:
This is catastrophe

This is QUALITY animation. I didn't recognize Miku, but really!
Jan 9, 2019 1:18 PM

Oct 2015
Finally, a good anime to watch weekly.

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,
𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫' 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

Jan 9, 2019 4:37 PM
Nov 2017
CanisTomek said:
bastek66 said:
This is catastrophe

This is QUALITY animation. I didn't recognize Miku, but really!

I feel like it's 2 the point where i dont wanna watch the 3rd season and im not in2 reading novels.
Jan 9, 2019 5:50 PM

Aug 2014
Mattinator95 said:
Xaelath said:

I am sure OPM already had a year of pre production.
It might be not equally good as Madhouse version though.

But Konosuba one i don't know.
Where's deen on all this?

It's pretty much confirmed that DAL3 is a trainwreck.
You'll see it soon enough.

But at least with my sister my writer they delayed the Blu Ray release by two months of it's first vol to work on the first to episodes and will most likely do the same to the others.

There has been no resurance that j.c staff is going to fix the art animation. Even that maden series got a fix the one with the fairy tail books

Depends how later episode goes.
But yeah i agree J.C isnt the type that would do animation fix, Index proven this although theres alot of improvement thats another story.
Jan 9, 2019 7:44 PM

Apr 2009
Xaelath said:
Prankster_001 said:

Interesting.

That said J.C have done themselves overworking too many projects at once, not really sure who's on fault accepting the project.

This will be This season trainwreck despite being one of the popular tittle after years of wait. Unlike Marchen or Imouto anime since they're new tittle and this one is a between studio that's known to make a decent anime (You can't deny this, most of their tittle have a decent art and rarely this bad in almost whole minute in a single episode).
Clearly they aren't ready for DAL. You either watch for story only or wait for BD Now.

Also the art resembles the hentai kind of quality. Low resolution, literally 16 bit colour, abrupt art etc.
yup Production IMS also got bankrupt and yeah they do had same fate as AIC+ :)

Jan 9, 2019 8:46 PM

Feb 2016
I watched the pre-air as well. Animation was okay. If they can keep up this mystery for the entire season. I think the story will be good.
Jan 10, 2019 1:40 AM

Aug 2014
Prankster_001 said:
Xaelath said:

Interesting.

Inb4 the staff created another studio soon to have the same fate.

That said i didn't know AIC went bankrupt, no wonder Boku no Tomodachi GA sukunai never get sequel smh, that ending really was a cliffhanger.
Jan 10, 2019 1:44 AM

Apr 2009
Xaelath said:
Prankster_001 said:

That said i didn't know AIC went bankrupt, no wonder Boku no Tomodachi GA sukunai never get sequel smh, that ending really was a cliffhanger.
actually i had enough guts to avoid this anime and tbh i never watch the first 2 season of Date a Live so i never touched it and for the animes this season i might only watching Gotobun no Hanayome and Kaguya-sama

Jan 10, 2019 2:20 AM

Aug 2017
ya i am glad s3 came out
Jan 10, 2019 2:35 AM

Dec 2014
I think my eyes just started hemorrhaging after I watched it. The quality is completely trash. I'd compare it to Ore ga Suki nano wa Imouto levels of bad. I even binge watched Date a Live I and II again just to get ready. Hopefully the Blu-rays are going to be better, because I don't know if I can watch this...
Jan 10, 2019 3:31 AM

Aug 2014
Prankster_001 said:
Xaelath said:

actually i had enough guts to avoid this anime and tbh i never watch the first 2 season of Date a Live so i never touched it and for the animes this season i might only watching Gotobun no Hanayome and Kaguya-sama

Well if i have to be honest DAL was never that good.
It was popular because some waifu, story wise it's decent , some may disagree but i don't because i also know spoiler ahead in LN.

And certainly Kurumi is one of these people beloved. It even has it own spin off.
Jan 10, 2019 5:27 AM

Oct 2007
Wtf, did they hire the animators for Ore Ga Suki imouto???

Anyway, still glad to see everyone again. Miku is funny. ^^

New girl looks interesting.
Jan 10, 2019 6:30 AM
Sep 2015
I Wonder if people here realize that this episode 1 isn't the real one?.
Pre-aired version isn't the finished episode, some screen show the difference but I Wonder why not one talk about it.
Ah yes, it's because they prefer bullshit about DAL without using their brain.
You assume that the pre-stream is episode 1 but you mistake.
For example : https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/274959363729391616/532929816605884416/FB_IMG_1547064479232.jpg

I am excited to see your reaction when you will realize that you argue about a non-finish episode.
Jan 10, 2019 7:04 AM

Sep 2015
The drawing is garbage but if is not really the final version its alright for now. The greatest Harem is back!
Jan 10, 2019 10:18 AM
Jan 2018
MrBefruit said:
Pre-aired version isn't the finished episode, some screen show the difference but I Wonder why not one talk about it.
For example : https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/274959363729391616/532929816605884416/FB_IMG_1547064479232.jpg

I am excited to see your reaction when you will realize that you argue about a non-finish episode.

Please tell me this is want Fridays episode will be
Jan 10, 2019 4:17 PM

Aug 2014
MrBefruit said:

means they tried to pre-air it.
Considering the backlash it may cause they try to fix it.

Since it haven't been broadcasted yet people went to jump conclusion while here i am saying it's not J.C Fault and better wait for actual day of broadcast.

Again it may only fix some scene but not fully because J.C known to rarely fix everything.

And that image was from Reddit.
Jan 10, 2019 5:16 PM
Sep 2015
Xaelath said:
MrBefruit said:

means they tried to pre-air it.
Considering the backlash it may cause they try to fix it.

Since it haven't been broadcasted yet people went to jump conclusion while here i am saying it's not J.C Fault and better wait for actual day of broadcast.

Again it may only fix some scene but not fully because J.C known to rarely fix everything.

And that image was from Reddit.

Not, it's not because of the backlash. It was planned from the beginning.
Jan 10, 2019 6:58 PM

Mar 2009
Do you have to watch the movie before this season? I've seen the previous 2 seasons but not the movie.
Jan 10, 2019 8:05 PM
Oct 2018
i am disappointed in the anime art it's a letdown....
Jan 10, 2019 8:43 PM
Sep 2017
Im only here for best girl KURUMI:)
Jan 10, 2019 10:53 PM
Sep 2018
MrBefruit said:
They planned to piss off fans with low-quality promotions and then reveal that the art isn't actually that bad? That sounds way too stupid.
Jan 11, 2019 12:12 AM
Aug 2018
DumpsterKing said:
MrBefruit said:
They planned to piss off fans with low-quality promotions and then reveal that the art isn't actually that bad? That sounds way too stupid.

What I’m guessing he meant from this is that they planned to preair a worse version for some reason.
Jan 11, 2019 1:39 AM
Sep 2018
Jansonseth said:
DumpsterKing said:

What I’m guessing he meant from this is that they planned to preair a worse version for some reason.
I can't fathom why they'd do that.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Female (only) anime viewers Reviews on Tokisaki Kurumi.

Zark_42 - Apr 20

0 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 2:22 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Ⅲ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2019

118 by -DxP- »»
Apr 6, 1:45 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Ⅲ Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2019

136 by -DxP- »»
Apr 3, 1:27 PM

» who

Remoerus - Oct 29, 2021

16 by Youre_boyIruma »»
Feb 28, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Ⅲ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

166 by WELLERM »»
Nov 30, 2023 8:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.