Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 7, 2019 8:13 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Saw the preair today and man, the animation quality isn't good. We got the reintroduction of all the main characters again. Even those twins back.

Oh and that new girl with the green hair (Natsumi, 7th Spirit) appeared too so I think the first arc will be focused on her. Origami is also back in full force with her lewd personality lol...
Stark700Jan 7, 2019 8:18 AM
Jan 7, 2019 9:00 AM
Oct 2018
i didn't expect anything and i'm still let down. I hope JC. Satff fix it before the BD goes on sale
Jan 7, 2019 6:23 PM

Mar 2016
Oh god... Is this really by JC Staff? Are we sure this isn't produced by studio Pierrot?
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jan 7, 2019 6:44 PM

Oct 2018
just what the hell have you done J.C.Staff?
not just the artwork and animation, the whole DAL became like totally different anime.
Jan 7, 2019 6:59 PM

Mar 2018
This is full of QUALITY...
Jan 7, 2019 7:37 PM

Nov 2018
I never thought that the scheduled will be on Jan.11 2019.. But why did released the episode 1 that is too early release... Anytime the spoiler s, trollers, and bashers will come all over social media...
Jan 7, 2019 9:15 PM

Jul 2016
The art is a joke, but the script is not too bad, sound is great as usual.

Life is empty without anime

Jan 7, 2019 9:20 PM

Jul 2017
I couldn't stand more than 5 minutes it was awful harem trash (I watched the 2 seasons and I didn't remember this being so bad so probably new studio's fault)
Jan 7, 2019 9:25 PM
Oct 2018
This remind me about imouto anime last season. Hopefully, they will fix the BD version.
Jan 8, 2019 12:08 AM

Aug 2014
Guatafat said:
I couldn't stand more than 5 minutes it was awful harem trash (I watched the 2 seasons and I didn't remember this being so bad so probably new studio's fault)

The previous studio went bankrupt.
The first one haven't been active.

J.C got thrown from previous studio responsibility and can't handle amount of project they are currently working.

This anime will be a mess.

ryuunosuke_d said:
not just the artwork and animation, the whole DAL became like totally different anime.

It's rather thrown out responsibility.
I know J.C Staff are mediocre in adaptation but their animation and art rarely wonky. Despite index 3 getting bashed, it's actually have been decent aside of it getting rushed and some scene of index are really good.

While i am more curious that DAL 3 never got any pre production at all due producer had problems picking the right studio with IMS getting bankrupt.
What doesn't make sense is why J.C got the tittles instead other Studio.

Remember that you cannot blame studio for picking an adaptation because it was all on producer that picks an adaptation and make a contract to the studio.
J.C might be their only option because they thought it was cheaper.

Then again DAL3 will end up like previous imouto anime.
Jan 8, 2019 2:21 AM

Oct 2018
Xaelath said:

please don't say that..
damn, now I'm worrying Konosuba and One Punch Man.
Jan 8, 2019 2:50 AM

Aug 2014
ryuunosuke_d said:
Xaelath said:

please don't say that..
damn, now I'm worrying Konosuba and One Punch Man.

I am sure OPM already had a year of pre production.
It might be not equally good as Madhouse version though.

But Konosuba one i don't know.
Where's deen on all this?

It's pretty much confirmed that DAL3 is a trainwreck.
You'll see it soon enough.
Jan 8, 2019 3:08 AM
Nov 2017
The animation is meh, but that's funny.
I hope they fix the animation before BD
Jan 8, 2019 3:11 AM

Jan 2009
Xaelath said:

I am sure OPM already had a year of pre production.
It might be not equally good as Madhouse version though.

1 year of production ahead of anime release is normal though

Animation should start at least one year before the broadcast for TV shows and at least 2 years before the premiere for movies. That way the base minimum level of quality will be able to be maintained and the sales would be that much better.
https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/a0ska7/animators_of_ore_ga_suki_nano_wa_imouto_dakedo/eak2ezs/

and the last remaining good staff from the previous season of OPM is like gone https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1759340
Jan 8, 2019 5:23 AM

Jan 2018
Oh, well the animation looks quite bad. They all look fucking weird imo.

It seems like they rushed the things though. Not a big Natsumi fan in the LN but I remember how she's the most dangerous of all the girls he's conquered so far.
Jan 8, 2019 5:39 AM

Jul 2017
This episode was boring and looked so awful. JC back at it again!
Jan 8, 2019 6:24 AM

Aug 2015
I love you J.C Staff but what the hell with that ugly art-style. It's looks like it was fished out of a toilet...
Jan 8, 2019 6:42 AM
Jun 2017
ohh yeah!!! pre air episode comes out... well shidou is back and his girls... and this time natsumi came... ohh lets see what will happen and if shidou can identify which is a fake and not...

anyways hoping that the animation quality will be a good one when it is to be aired...
Jan 8, 2019 6:43 AM

Jul 2017
Everything is utterly laughable in every respect. Not to mention that the bastardized adaptation of Conception director is back again...

Does he intend to milk every series into oblivion? Season 1 and 2 were good in their own ways, let's wish that this one doesn't.
Jan 8, 2019 6:49 AM
May 2018
Lmao... the worst episode to start 2019 with a "god-tier" animation... Might give it a chance when I enjoyed first 2 seasons, I didn't expect much from the visual J.C. Staff gave me but so far it has been like "so bad it's so good" laughing stock though...
Jan 8, 2019 6:57 AM

Jan 2015
Yesss it’s finally back

Yeah as everyone said before, the animation is plain bad, but a part from that it was a very enjoyable episode
Love Natsumi already
Jan 8, 2019 7:30 AM

Dec 2014
honestly the animation quality declined not very thrilled.... but ooh well ..still seeing for nostalgia's sake
Jan 8, 2019 7:39 AM

May 2009
This is catastrophe
Jan 8, 2019 8:15 AM

Mar 2016
VileKurata said:
I love you J.C Staff but what the hell with that ugly art-style. It's looks like it was fished out of a toilet...

I can’t believe this is the same group that did the amazing Railgun series. Why the hell they be butchering sequel seasons like this as of recently?
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Saw the preair today and man, the animation quality isn't good. We got the reintroduction of all the main characters again. Even those twins back.

Oh and that new girl with the green hair (Natsumi, 7th Spirit) appeared too so I think the first arc will be focused on her. Origami is also back in full force with her lewd personality lol...

“Isn’t good” is an understatement by all means. At least it’s nowhere near as bad as that in Conception, OreGaTrash, and TG:Re2....not yet at least.
RyuseishunJan 8, 2019 8:26 AM
Jan 8, 2019 8:17 AM

Mar 2016
KANLen09 said:
Everything is utterly laughable in every respect. Not to mention that the bastardized adaptation of Conception director is back again...

Does he intend to milk every series into oblivion? Season 1 and 2 were good in their own ways, let's wish that this one doesn't.

This was a show I was really looking forward to for a s3, but JC had to be such shitheads, ffs. Heck, I decided not to even upload my recorded reaction for my YT channel to this episode....it was that “turrible”.
Jan 8, 2019 8:24 AM
Jan 2019
What happen to J.C Staff ? Wheres the quality of your art style ?.. Im a bit dissapointed about this.. For this first episode , the story was okay & looks interesting even tho it so rush
Jan 8, 2019 8:24 AM

Mar 2016
Congintive said:

It seems like they rushed the things though. Not a big Natsumi fan in the LN but I remember how she's the most dangerous of all the girls he's conquered so far.

Imagine if Production IMS didn’t fucking go bankrupt because of some unmentioned shady shit we probably don’t know of. She would’ve looked like a goddess. Instead, it’s literally a bitch dressed in drags.

P.S. yes, if y’all wondering, I’m ranting right now on this thread.
Jan 8, 2019 8:25 AM

Mar 2016
animejas said:

TBH, if the animation quality isn’t as bad as the one in OreGaTrash.......well, not yet at least.
Jan 8, 2019 8:27 AM

Jul 2017
I'm really sad. I like this show a lot, and seing it being handled like this is painful man.. Well, i'll stick to it to the end nevertheless, will follow the story since it's the only decent thing in this season.
Jan 8, 2019 8:28 AM

Mar 2016
Xaelath said:
Guatafat said:

J.C got thrown from previous studio responsibility and can't handle amount of project they are currently working.

ryuunosuke_d said:

I know J.C Staff are mediocre in adaptation but their animation and art rarely wonky. Despite index 3 getting bashed, it's actually have been decent aside of it getting rushed and some scene of index are really good.

While i am more curious that DAL 3 never got any pre production at all due producer had problems picking the right studio with IMS getting bankrupt.

Remember that you cannot blame studio for picking an adaptation because it was all on producer that picks an adaptation and make a contract to the studio.

KyoAni and Shaft have plenty of time on their hands, and yet......
Ugh I’ll just stop....
Jan 8, 2019 8:28 AM

Jul 2016
Ryuseishun said:
animejas said:

TBH, if the animation quality isn’t as bad as the one in OreGaTrash.......well, not yet at least.

It is getting close to it, it is full of careless faults and art deformation

Jan 8, 2019 8:30 AM

Mar 2016
Swordarc said:
Ryuseishun said:

It is getting close to it, it is full of careless faults and art deformation

Yep, I’m with you on that, and it’s very disheartening. At the very least, it won’t be WORSE than it. I don’t think anything will surpass the dismality of OreGaTrash’s degenerative animation...at least in this era.
Jan 8, 2019 8:36 AM

Jul 2016
Ryuseishun said:
Xaelath said:

Ugh I’ll just stop....

Maybe JC STAFF is the only option for Date A Live. People have been discussed that it may be because of low budget, Date A Live has to choose this option.

Jan 8, 2019 8:41 AM

Mar 2016
Swordarc said:
Ryuseishun said:

Ugh I’ll just stop....

Maybe JC STAFF is the only option for Date A Live. People have been discussed that it may be because of low budget, Date A Live has to choose this option.

It’s still not a very good excuse when JC staff is already occupied with other stuff like Toaru 3 and OPM 2. I dunno exactly how Japan anime industry runs in terms of exact business policies, but the choice was by all means an ill-advised one, in retrospect. Maybe they should’ve waited...but man idk.
Jan 8, 2019 8:48 AM

Jul 2016
Ryuseishun said:
Swordarc said:

It’s still not a very good excuse when JC staff is already occupied with other stuff like Toaru 3 and OPM 2. I dunno exactly how Japan anime industry runs in terms of exact business policies, but the choice was by all means an ill-advised one, in retrospect. Maybe they should’ve waited...but man idk.

They have to make profit by completing these projects. One of the possible reason is that maybe they prefer quantity over quality. Hence, their time is rushing.

Jan 8, 2019 8:51 AM

Mar 2016
Swordarc said:
Ryuseishun said:

They have to make profit by completing these projects. One of the possible reason is that maybe they prefer quantity over quality. Hence, their time is rushing.

“Quantity over quality” is almost always never a good choice. This season is pretty much attempting to be a cash cow, and even then, with that horrendous drop in you-know-what, it’s already failing in that objective.
Jan 8, 2019 9:03 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
It’s back and it isn’t a merry return at all for our main character xD. Boy, that nabe looked despicable but thankfully it tasted better than it looked for our main character. Seeing all the characters(mainly the usual love-struck girls) of the franchise was a good way to start things. Miku’s reintroduction in particular was the most hilarious of them all. Lol @ Tooka and Origami’s careful obvservation of Shindo though, the witch is not happy. Speaking of the witch, I wonder if it was the sneeze that bothered her. She was really shaping up to a somewhat interesting character there, but alas. Her transformation to Shindo and pulling off those mischievous acts followed by the harsh treatment he got was hilarious. What exactly did she do to the teacher to make her think that xD? Cliffhanger was pretty tense, let’s see who she has transformed Into, my guess is Kotori since she’s probably the biggest obstacle for the witch.

Animation of this episode was really poor though, I just hope it doesn’t get any worse from here. It’s just about passable as it stands. Tooka’s, in particular, and the other character’s design was bad but at least the staff payed some attention to the villain. Sound Department of the show is good like always.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 8, 2019 9:14 AM
Sep 2018
This is fine

On a serious note, I was at least hoping this would be so bad it was good but this was just plain bad.
Jan 8, 2019 9:23 AM

Aug 2015
J.C why do you do this to me!!!
Jan 8, 2019 9:39 AM

Mar 2016
DumpsterKing said:
This is fine

On a serious note, I was at least hoping this would be so bad it was good but this was just plain bad.
VileKurata said:

Combine those two and you get my reaction in a nutshell.
Me trying to say “this is fine” before putting down my cup of tea and screaming....while the whole building burns down around me.
Jan 8, 2019 10:14 AM
Jan 2018
Ryuseishun said:
Congintive said:

Imagine if Production IMS didn’t fucking go bankrupt because of some unmentioned shady shit we probably don’t know of. She would’ve looked like a goddess. Instead, it’s literally a bitch dressed in drags.

P.S. yes, if y’all wondering, I’m ranting right now on this thread.

Would have been better if the first stuido did it no clue what happened to them . IMS only did season 2 this series has been handled poorly since season 1
Jan 8, 2019 10:27 AM

Dec 2017
it's been quite a while since i've seen s2 and i don't remember almost anything about it, not to mention the art style as well. is it so different from the previous works? didn't find the animation horrible, it was ok. the plot is alright as well.

i would be much obliged if someone would point out what is so different from the previous seasons
Jan 8, 2019 10:34 AM
Nov 2018
Excluding bad character designs and animation the story seems interesting. I decided to watch it through.
Jan 8, 2019 10:49 AM
Sep 2018
That's what happens when they try to imitate other company's work the faces and animation dropped like hell and they really need to fix this in the upcoming episodes wheather they take a 2 week or 1 week break because Date a live is a good hard anime (better than Infinite stratos).
Jan 8, 2019 10:52 AM
Jan 2019
Now I’m worried about One Punch Season 2 😱
Jan 8, 2019 11:14 AM

Dec 2016
Wow, I think that's the 1st time I've seen a character been able to eat food that looks like that, usually it's comedy relief with a character half dying, it was deliciously ugly I guess.

I think Origami's might have killed him though.

I did a google image search for Nabe afterwards, it looks amazing.

Natsumi was really interesting to begin with, kinda funny how she made everything cartoon like, but boy things changed so quickly, that went all weird rather quickly, guess we will learn more about the sneeze and her condition changing so quickly another time.

Natsumi sure did cause a lot of chaos at the school, there was a lot of funny stuff to watch there, I can't believe Origami could have that much attention to details to notice who the real Shido was.

Interesting start to this 3rd season, either way I am happy this anime is back again, always enjoyed it and looking forward to watching more.
Jan 8, 2019 11:23 AM

Sep 2012
Animation is fucking garbage but hey it's back.
Oh god who are you people?
Jan 8, 2019 12:20 PM

May 2013
The pre-stream already warned me with 'Date a live III low-quality' and yes that's exactly what I got. No surprise tho with the animation since the trailer already looked pretty bad. Still it's nice to see the girls back and I love Natsumi's voice so far. A bit rushed but is to be expect since we highly get 4 novel volumes in the third season
Jan 8, 2019 12:59 PM
Jan 2018
uninstallthegame said:
it's been quite a while since i've seen s2 and i don't remember almost anything about it, not to mention the art style as well. is it so different from the previous works? didn't find the animation horrible, it was ok. the plot is alright as well.

i would be much obliged if someone would point out what is so different from the previous seasons

3 different studio's for 3 seasons . IMS went bankrupt but I don't think it was said who was doing production for the new season when it was announced in 2017 . But something happened and turned into this rushed job by J.C staff who has more animes then they can chew this year
Jan 8, 2019 2:20 PM

Sep 2010
VileKurata said:
-snip-
I thought it would be this video:
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live Ⅲ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2019

118 by -DxP- »»
Apr 6, 1:45 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Ⅲ Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2019

136 by -DxP- »»
Apr 3, 1:27 PM

» who

Remoerus - Oct 29, 2021

16 by Youre_boyIruma »»
Feb 28, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Ⅲ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

166 by WELLERM »»
Nov 30, 2023 8:04 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Ⅲ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2019

77 by WELLERM »»
Nov 30, 2023 8:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.