Forum Settings
Forums

What's an anime you can't stand, despite it having high scores/good reviews?

New
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 6, 2019 6:07 AM

Nov 2013
GoldenWind said:
KyouKaiTen said:

Play its game, you'll be interested to read the manga, but well I drop one piece too..

I did try the manga, that's what I was saying. It's just not for me, sorry.

No, when I said play the game it means literally you play the android game, but whatever, I don't read one piece anymore too..
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”
Jan 6, 2019 6:08 AM

May 2018
KyouKaiTen said:
GoldenWind said:

I did try the manga, that's what I was saying. It's just not for me, sorry.

No, when I said play the game it means literally you play the android game, but whatever, I don't read one piece anymore too..

There's an android game? News to me.
Jan 6, 2019 6:11 AM

Jul 2017
@xStarryEyed

Your opinions are mine as well. Franxx was just a horrible mecha parody for me it was laughable from episode 14 (or even a but earlier) and onwards. TG, ive read the manga already and all of the important details were left out of the anime adaptation. Root A was the stupidest mistake ever made for the franchise, going original for what Studio Pierrot? The transition from Root A to Re was awful, they tried to forget the last season's disasters and managed to fail completely by giving no manga readers a huge middle finger
Jan 6, 2019 6:11 AM

Nov 2013
Every high ranking movie anime, I don't know why but I feel like series anime more interesting to watch than movie..
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”
Jan 6, 2019 6:19 AM

Dec 2018
Inou Battle. Because Trigger.

That bait-and-switch from a lighthearted harem into a full-fledged war pisses me off so much.
If you disliked Toradora! (at least since the meeting Ami arc) we can't be friends.
Jan 6, 2019 6:23 AM

Nov 2016
Toaru Majutsu no Index, I don't understand why people praise it. Not the light novel, as majority of adapatations are inferior to the original source, but I'm pretty sure most fans haven not read the LN.
Jan 6, 2019 6:27 AM

Apr 2008
CallMeHoot said:

I think a fair amount of replies on this thread have a decent rationale behind why the person didn't like X show, etc.

And as much as I like to read emphatic positives with regards to new shows it's also fun to read the "unpopular opinion" type responses about highly rated shows.

Yes, some users made an effort and provided some reasoning. I am also not bothered at all when someone has a different opinion from my own. In fact if someone can make a meaningful contribution by providing some good arguments, I find it interesting even if it is a show I like. List, however, are as boring as phone books.
Lain666Jan 6, 2019 6:39 AM
"The moment one sits down to think, one becomes all nose, or all forehead, or something horrid. Look at the successful men in any of the learned professions. How perfectly hideous they are! Except, of course, in the Church. But then in the Church they don't think. A bishop keeps on saying at the age of eighty what he was told to say when he was a boy of eighteen, and as a natural consequence he always looks absolutely delightful."
Jan 6, 2019 6:29 AM

Jul 2017
Aemnesias said:

One Outs. I burst out laughing every time I see people saying it's a good sports anime. Same for bringing up it's "psychological" aspect.

I didn't have a definite answer until I saw your comment. Same! That anime felt like there were no characters, they're all dull. I laughed every time I see someone saying it's better than Major or Daiya.

smell of coffee
songs of sleep

Jan 6, 2019 6:36 AM

Aug 2017
Steins;Gate
Tokyo Ghoul
Mirai Nikki
"If you think you can talk your way out of this one, by all means please do." - Near
Jan 6, 2019 6:38 AM
Dec 2016
Higurashi. After the first 8 episodes i got bored of the formula, still great at suspense and horror but feels like a chore

One Piece. It's just too darn long for me to enjoy

Mirai Nikki. It had an interesting premise but quickly became way too edgy for its own good. The main character is an uninteresting piecve of paper and Yuno is too crazy to be relatable. The only interesting character all die so yay

Full Metal Alchemist. The story and characters were great but the awful comedy and filler really ruined the seriousness of the show. I've heard Brotherhood is better so that's always something

Love Live!. No, just no

Goblin Slayer. Great premise: a dark fantasy show that isn't an isekai but the main character is boring and 1-dimensional and doesn't really have any interesting motivation
Rasmus_KockJan 6, 2019 6:44 AM
Jan 6, 2019 6:44 AM

Apr 2008
Rasmus_Kock said:

Full Metal Alchemist. The story and characters were great but the awful comedy and filler really ruined the seriousness of the show. I've heard Brotherhood is better so that's always something

If you didn't like the transition from serious to comedic moments in FMA, it is unlikely you will like Brotherhood. It does the same with less subtlety.
"The moment one sits down to think, one becomes all nose, or all forehead, or something horrid. Look at the successful men in any of the learned professions. How perfectly hideous they are! Except, of course, in the Church. But then in the Church they don't think. A bishop keeps on saying at the age of eighty what he was told to say when he was a boy of eighteen, and as a natural consequence he always looks absolutely delightful."
Jan 6, 2019 6:46 AM
Dec 2016
Lain666 said:
Rasmus_Kock said:

If you didn't like the transition from serious to comedic moments in FMA, it is unlikely you will like Brotherhood. It does the same with less subtlety.
damn, I was just beginning to think it would be more serious but I was wrong. I don't mind comedic relief, but FMA did it, in my opinion, in a really obnoxious manner
Jan 6, 2019 6:47 AM

Jul 2014
Lucky Star: Too many scenes with no actual jokes, too many references with no actual humor (Remember Haruhi? Remember Sgt. Frog?)

Fairy Tail: Every single fight/story arc is the same. Overreliance on nakama power.

End of Evangelion: Regardless of whether it has symbolism or not, it's very boring to watch.

FLCL: Don't really care about the characters or story, so I wasn't entertained by it. The only thing I liked was the soundtrack.

No Game No Life: The games are okay, but the characters are some of the most unlikable I've ever seen. The humor is garbage (Lol! They forced a girl to strip naked! Lol! A Jojo reference!)

Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun/KonoSuba: I'm not annoyed by these shows in and of themselves, but rather by the wasted potential of reusing okay jokes parodying certain character types until they become unfunny within a few episodes.
D-ohnutsJan 7, 2019 8:19 PM
Jan 6, 2019 6:48 AM
Apr 2018
My list

Air
Akame kill
Angel beat
Another
Berserk
My Hero Academia
All fate series [minus Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya]
Gintama
Clannad
Claymore
Code geass
D gray man
Deadman wonderland
Elfen lied
Evangelion
Hunter x hunter
Jojo
Kanon
Mob psycho 100
Net-juu no Susume
One punch man
Overlord
Psycho pass
Re zero
Attack on Titan
Gurren Lagann
Tokyo ghoul
Umineko: When They Cry
Jan 6, 2019 6:48 AM

Apr 2015
everything Ghibli. its okay but not outstanding. every movie has the exact same feel, idk the whole style just bores me. I enjoyed Laputa tho.
Jan 6, 2019 6:50 AM

Oct 2012
Most of these shows have a lot of bad reviews buts okay guys.

I'll say chihayafuru. Really I'm just not at all whoever the target audience is, I dont even think its badly made or anything. An romcom sports anime about playing a card game is just about the most boring thing I can think of though.
ChromephoneJan 6, 2019 6:55 AM
Jan 6, 2019 6:53 AM

Oct 2015
Steins Gate, couldn't get into it..
Jan 6, 2019 7:00 AM

Sep 2014
I wouldnt say cant stand, but I think

Yuuki Yuuna is a hero is pretty bad.

I had to drop the Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex series. I might watch it with only the plot episodes, but coming from the amazing movie, the series is just boring police stuff. Thats not what Im interested in.

I also think Little Witch Academy is pretty boring. The movie and OVA were great, but the series? Dragged out too long with a shit MC. and ofcourse the ending is alienz again.

Definitely better but still highly overrated (which sort of makes it unstandable) is Legend of Galactic Heroes, it being an old high production quality anime is the saving grace. The plot has too many errors to be 10/10.

And FMAB. Its generic shounen. Atleast its shorter than Naruto or One Piece, but still.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jan 6, 2019 7:01 AM

Mar 2014
Yuri on ice.

I'm female, don't mind light shounen ai/yaoi and enjoy sports anime, but I just couldn't see the appeal of the show.
Jan 6, 2019 7:33 AM
Nov 2018
(Sword Art Online) cause I dont like the concept at all and I find the characters stupid and annoying.
ASIF86Jan 6, 2019 8:00 AM
Jan 6, 2019 7:39 AM

Jan 2017
GoldenWind said:
For me, there's no doubt that it'd have to be One Piece.

I only got so far into the anime before denouncing it as another bad series. I was egged on to read the manga however, as it was apparently superior. But yet again, I had to drop it due to how atrociously bad and tedious it became.

By chapter 333, I got so tired that I gave up once and for all, never really thinking about it since. So I wondered, what are some titles others think are overrated? I'd love to hear your opinions!

One Punch Man. Everything about it was disappointing. Dumb ass character designs, annoying main character, nothing about it was interesting it was all basic. Even Divine Gate was better than that shit.
you're cool
Jan 6, 2019 7:46 AM
Aug 2018
Future Diary so stupidly overrated
Jan 6, 2019 7:50 AM

Jul 2014
obligatory SAO

Bonus mentions for YLIA, UBW, bet im forgetting more...
Jan 6, 2019 7:55 AM

Aug 2018
Probably One Punch Man, I don't like it a lot.
Jan 6, 2019 8:07 AM

Aug 2015
Hmmm for me it's probably Kill la Kill and FLCL... I just honestly didnt understand the hype especially with Kill la Kill.
Jan 6, 2019 8:08 AM

Oct 2015
Re Zero, I can't stand that piece of shit called Subaru. Nothing likable in this MC, i still don't understand why so many people praise him
Jan 6, 2019 8:11 AM
May 2017
JoJo. I feel bad saying it but I just can't do it and I really don't know why because based off of the other things that I like I should enjoy it but I really don't.
Jan 6, 2019 8:21 AM

Apr 2008
DrSawbone said:
My Hero Academia... First season was good, second was meh but third is bad(IMHO). I will not drop third season because I want to complete it but I will probably not watch fourth season.

Characters are really annoying. Deku is crybaby, Bakugo needs a good beating to fix his behavior....

About Deku being a crybaby/not being confident. I think it was justified. He was treated badly by his peers like Bakugo until he joined U.A. High School, so his lack of self-confidence is believable.
Jan 6, 2019 8:24 AM

May 2015
-Aincrad- said:
ren_moon said:
Clannad, I don't know if it's any good or if it's the masterpiece everybody says it is, I don't care, god, I mean those fking big eyes!

So you're saying it without even knowing what it's like? You haven't even watched it?

No, I haven't. Yes, it's a shallow reason, but I know I couldn't watch it however much I try.
Jan 6, 2019 8:32 AM

Jan 2019
SparkingVolt said:
GoldenWind said:
For me, there's no doubt that it'd have to be One Piece.

I only got so far into the anime before denouncing it as another bad series. I was egged on to read the manga however, as it was apparently superior. But yet again, I had to drop it due to how atrociously bad and tedious it became.

By chapter 333, I got so tired that I gave up once and for all, never really thinking about it since. So I wondered, what are some titles others think are overrated? I'd love to hear your opinions!

One Punch Man. Everything about it was disappointing. Dumb ass character designs, annoying main character, nothing about it was interesting it was all basic. Even Divine Gate was better than that shit.

I dunno. I found it to be a pretty funny satirical take on a lot of popular anime. The way the enemies went on and on about powering up to their "super special moves" and how Saitama was a chump was more or less a direct piss take of DBZ and although I love DBZ I quite enjoyed the show poking fun at it because as an adult I realise now how daft it was with all it's power levels and entire episodes spent "powering up".

I can see why some folk wouldn't like it though, because it is literally pure satire.

Also, Saitama is my avatar picture because I also have a shaven head and can kill anyone with one punch. I jest! I have a full head of hair! I jest again...you see where I'm going with this ;)
Jan 6, 2019 8:38 AM

Jan 2019
Lain666 said:
CallMeHoot said:

I think a fair amount of replies on this thread have a decent rationale behind why the person didn't like X show, etc.

And as much as I like to read emphatic positives with regards to new shows it's also fun to read the "unpopular opinion" type responses about highly rated shows.
In fact if someone can make a meaningful contribution by providing some good arguments, I find it interesting even if it is a show I like. List, however, are as boring as phone books.

I mentioned Death Note earlier in a separate post but I notice you rated it fairly highly (according to your list). I won't re-hash what I said because you can just look on the last page but I'd be interested to hear your opinions on it.

For me it boiled down to too much forced exposition and massive leaps of logic/use of deus ex machinas to move the story forward.

I also agree that posting just a list without any comments is boring :) Might as well hear someones thoughts on one show instead of just a list a mile long.
Jan 6, 2019 8:43 AM

Mar 2016
Re:Zero - Subaru is just pure abomination.

Ne: Dreamy Kid
Fi: Edgelord
Te: Shit-talker
Si: Borderline OCD
Jan 6, 2019 8:45 AM
Jul 2018
lavienker said:
Goblin slayer, why does this piece of shit even exist?

This...................................
Jan 6, 2019 8:53 AM

Apr 2008
CallMeHoot said:

I mentioned Death Note earlier in a separate post but I notice you rated it fairly highly (according to your list). I won't re-hash what I said because you can just look on the last page but I'd be interested to hear your opinions on it.

For me it boiled down to too much forced exposition and massive leaps of logic/use of deus ex machinas to move the story forward.

About Death Note, it is a show I haven't seen for years and my memory of it is very hazy now. To be honest I am not sure I would like it so much if I re-watched it now.
Jan 6, 2019 8:53 AM
Feb 2017
My Opinions

Seven Deadly Sins: Can't stand the horrible art and horrible backgrounds i dropped it before the opening played

Twin Star Exorcists: Watched 5 episodes of it and found it very boring. Characters are too cliche, boring story, boring fights, and the protagonist whines way too much in my opinion it's more annoying than JP Asta
Jan 6, 2019 8:58 AM
Nov 2016
darling in the fucking franxxx
guren laggan
hellsing ultimate
Jan 6, 2019 9:17 AM

Jan 2018
- FMA BH
- OPM (worst comedy anime i've seen)
- Mirai Nikki
- BNHA (hate it with passion)
- HxH (don't know what's soooooooooo special about it)
- Erased (last few episodes killed it for me)

and many many more but can't name them all because it's fucking tiresome.
Jan 6, 2019 9:45 AM

Jun 2015
No Game No Life - I hated every second of that show.

AnoHaha - I didn't necessarily hate it, but it is quite possibly the most worthless show I've ever seen. I didn't give a fuck about anything or anybody. The OP is great though.

Grand Blue - So unfunny it actually hurt to watch.

Steins;Gate 0 - Take everything that made the original great and throw it out the window. Steins;Gate 0 is painfully slow, boring, and ugly. People give Shinji Ikari crap all the time for being whiny, but why aren't people complaining about Okabe in Steins;Gate 0? He was easily the best part about the original for me but they completely ruined his character.

White Album 2 - It's got some of the worst and most unlikable characters I've ever seen in any anime. The character designs and the show as a whole are also ugly as hell. This is one of very few anime where I shouted at my TV screen in anger. This show blows.

πŸ’– 𝐼'𝓂 π’½π’Άπ“Žπ’Ήπ‘’π“ƒβ£ πŸ’–

⋆ Λšο½‘β‹†ΰ­¨ΰ­§Λš πŸ’ π’―π“Œπ’Ύπ“‰π“‰π‘’π“‡ πŸ’ π’΄π‘œπ“Šπ’―π“Šπ’·π‘’ πŸ’ Λšΰ­¨ΰ­§β‹†ο½‘Λš ⋆
πŸ’ π‘€π“ŽπΉπ’Ύπ‘”π“Šπ“‡π‘’π’žπ‘œπ“π“π‘’π’Έπ“‰π’Ύπ‘œπ“ƒ πŸ’
Jan 6, 2019 9:49 AM

Dec 2015
First two seasons of Tokyo Ghoul by far.
Jan 6, 2019 9:50 AM

Feb 2016
Re Zero.

I probably would've enjoyed it more if Subaru wasn't such a cunt
Jan 6, 2019 9:52 AM
Dec 2016
Fuckin clannad, specially after story
Jan 6, 2019 9:53 AM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
“Durr Hurr, anime I don’t like has a high score! WAHHH!”

Another day, another overrated thread.
Jan 6, 2019 10:01 AM

Nov 2016
Yuri On Ice and Banana Fish - I think that if this Shows didn't have Yaoi people wouldn't have even cared about them.

Welcome to the NHK - The MC is Cringy as Fuck and I know he will probably redeem himself later but I just can't stand him (More of a Problem with the Character than with the Show TBH. The rest is decent).

Kimi no Na wa - I Don't hate it but I do think that there are better Drama Filled Anime Movies Out there.

One Piece - The One Pice Anime Has a LOT of Pacing and Animation Issues. This is What Happens When You try to make a Mostly Filler Free Long Running Shonen.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 6, 2019 10:05 AM

Jan 2018
probably psycho pass...………..
Jan 6, 2019 10:27 AM
Dec 2018
LordRukario said:
For me, One Piece. Also, Bleach and FMA; not that I hate these, but I just couldn't get into them.

Luffy is my #2 most hated anime character (after Ash).
all these animes that you have named are great
Jan 6, 2019 10:31 AM
Dec 2018
Genocide_Midori said:
My Opinions

Seven Deadly Sins: Can't stand the horrible art and horrible backgrounds i dropped it before the opening played

Twin Star Exorcists: Watched 5 episodes of it and found it very boring. Characters are too cliche, boring story, boring fights, and the protagonist whines way too much in my opinion it's more annoying than JP Asta
both of them are amazing are you ok ? I didn't think so lol
Jan 6, 2019 10:39 AM

Dec 2017
Boku no Hero Academia and Steins gate are one of the many i hate
Yeah right there is no way a doujin about vomit exists.
Good song https://soundcloud.com/yeungkakit33/op4-hekireki-last-alliance
Tsumino account is BigMaraIppo
Another Good Song Listen to γƒ†γ‚Ήγƒˆ by mukami #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/mukami/77a
Ashita no Joe and Megalo box are disappointing anime.
My reviews:https://myanimelist.net/profile/Botan-Chan45/reviews
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
discord name: Chitoge Kirisaki#9564
https://discord.gg/nGKu6zx my discord server for plebs
Jan 6, 2019 10:42 AM
Dec 2017
naruto, dragonball, onepiece. I probably wouldn't dislike them so much if it weren't for every male i've ever met going on about what a nerd they are and they love anime because they've seen dragonball when they were kids
Jan 6, 2019 10:43 AM

Dec 2018
I didn't like Elfen Lied that much. The story and characters were uninteresting for the most part and a lot of the 'horror' was just cheap shock value that didn't remotely scare me. It also felt tonally confused at times, a lot of the comedy and cutesy stuff with Nyu and Nana felt out of place in such an inherently dark anime.
I MUST SOMEHOW MAKE SENSE OF OUR CONVOLUTED SITUATION
Jan 6, 2019 10:47 AM

Apr 2017
Death Note, because it's not my cup of tea
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Credit cards companies are forcing the Hentai industry

Dije - Yesterday

48 by TsutanaiFuun »»
9 minutes ago

» Favorite Spring 2024 OP/ED?

Serafos - Apr 15

21 by AE-2 »»
18 minutes ago

Poll: » Best kind of relationship in anime?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

14 by luckyrune »»
38 minutes ago

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - 11 hours ago

22 by Piromysl »»
2 hours ago

» Things you are jealous of in anime

IpreferEcchi - Apr 20

44 by Azuchi »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.