New
Dec 9, 2018 2:39 PM

Oct 2015
SHUN IS A WOMAN?
Must be a joke

私の時計にはない
Dec 11, 2018 11:12 AM

Jul 2014
It'll probably be good but the whole Shun being a woman has exploded the internet.

Dec 13, 2018 4:15 PM

Oct 2013
I had some high hopes about remake of original Saint Seiya. You know, to see a remake faithful to the manga with modern effects...

But this... this is either a bad joke or an abomination. First of all: Shun. Why is he a woman?! Just because he has feminine face, he is sensible and merciful the creators decided to change his gender?! What the heck?! Shun was to be like that: a strong knight, representing justice, able to show mercy and worry even about his opponents; these traits proved him to be one of the most chivalry-like Saints.
Now he seems to become a cocky girl... By that the creators proved to be really into gender stereotypes, i.e. those stating that guys are always "harsh jocks" and girls are always "sensible and gentle". If they tried to push "gender equality" into Saint Seiya, then they failed and showed their intolerance towards certain men and women personalities.
What's more, how do they explain why Marin and Shina wear masks as Saints and Shun doesn't have to...?

And no, Scorpio Milo from "The Legend of Sanctuary" movie was not the same case. First of all, the change did not concern main characters. Next thing, it was a fine link between old Saint Seiya (Scorpio Milo) and new Saint Seiya (Omega and its Scorpio Saint, Sonia). Plus it was everything in a movie that was a tribute to the franchise, was not canon and was made in high quality, therefore smaller or bigger changes didn't make that much of a shock to the audience.

Next thing, animation. First Saint Seiya anime looks million times better than this 3D thrash. It's not like I'm intolerant towards 3D, because I really enjoy good 3D shows and "The Legend of Sanctuary" was really entertaining to watch. According to the trailer of this "Saint Seiya remake", the artstyle and animation are not even close to "The Legend of Sanctuary" quality. I know "The Legend..." was a movie and per se it was to look as good as it was possible and that it is hard to produce several episodes long anime, even with similar budget, that could have similar quality. But "Saint Seiya remake" looks just bad.

I could write some more, but I don't have will to do so, to be honest. It's sad that this anime anticipated by many people looks that bad in the trailer. The biggest flaws I mentioned above and I guess it's enough.

A huge disappointment, unfortunatelly. I won't watch this garbage, even from pure curiosity. If somebody spits on a great franchise and its fans, then there is no need to
Jan 5, 2019 9:37 AM
Jun 2016
Why isn’t the trailer in Japanese?
Jan 5, 2019 1:25 PM

Apr 2015
kaiju1990 said:
Why isn’t the trailer in Japanese?

Because, by the looks of it, it was made exclusively for a western market and there's 0 interest from the Japanese side to get it for home market and i really don't blame them
Jan 23, 2019 1:26 AM

Sep 2008
wow, "pegasus, ryuusei ken" in english, sounds awful
aaaaand shun is a woman, sure, wonder if they'll also turn aphrodite into a woman?

usually netflix either makes something vey good, or very bad, lets see...
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Feb 16, 2019 5:02 AM

Jul 2015
I'm not mad... I'm sad and disappointed...

First felt surprised at how good the animation is, from there... everything goes down hard.

Saint Seiya Omega took me out of anime for 2+ years because of disappointment, at least it focused on new characters... but this...
The wise thing for my mind-health will be not to watch this, but I'm sure I'll end up giving it a chance... guess I'm doomed, hehe.
But I'm not watching it on Netflix, that's the only thing we can do to try and send a message to the creators.

Sad, so sad...
I'll fade away and classify myself as obsolete!
Obsolete!!
Feb 17, 2019 7:41 PM
Apr 2018
hope it would be a japanese dub...
english dub is not cool...
Mar 10, 2019 11:33 AM
Apr 2018
Uhm, I thought this was a western series but it seems I was wrong.
Mar 17, 2019 10:14 AM
May 2016
I know there's concern about one of the characters being changed to a woman, but unless they make some massive changes to the character, their gender really isn't THAT important
Jun 26, 2019 7:28 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
English band The Struts will perform both OP and ED.

OP is called "PEGASUS SEIYA" which is a cover of the original Saint Seiya OP ''Pegasus Fantasy.
ED is called ''SOMEBODY NEW''

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-06-26/english-band-the-struts-performs-knights-of-the-zodiac-saint-seiya-cg-anime-theme-songs/.148304
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jun 29, 2019 12:35 PM

Oct 2016
So, let me get this straight. Netflix is murdering Saint Seiya with their own version of it. The only good thing of it might be the graphics. But...

Clothes stones? CRAP invented in Omega, which coincidentally sucks and that's why it's taking me so long to be done with it.
English DUB? Duh... no comment.
Shun being a girl? Then what? We'll make Hades a girl too because they're overdosed on feminism nowadays. Like they butchered Arthur and Mordred in the pseudo-religious crap with grail wars. I don't remember what it was called.

Why would you need to remake something that already works, I wonder. Truly, Netflix, Marvel, DC and Disney lately like to ruin everything they get their hands on...
Jul 8, 2019 5:34 PM

Jan 2009
new trailer

The six-episode first season debuts on Netflix July 19th.

https://youtu.be/qoS_gveqRqc
Jul 8, 2019 5:38 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
deg said:
new trailer

Wait, it's just 6 episode ?
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 8, 2019 5:40 PM

Jan 2009
DatRandomDude said:
deg said:
new trailer

Wait, it's just 6 episode ?

got that 6 episode info here https://twitter.com/LiveChart_me/status/1148370000115224577
Jul 18, 2019 4:01 PM

Feb 2014
Coming in tommorow? I totally lost track of time.
Jul 18, 2019 7:11 PM

Apr 2008
I am ready!
I think someone from Peru (GEEKU?) got an early watch and it may be cringe, but I'm ready.

More topics from this board

» Am I the only fan the original anime who actually likes this adaptation?

boldulysses - Aug 9, 2019

9 by kratos_aurion »»
Apr 21, 2023 7:23 AM

Poll: » Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya Episode 12 Discussion

Joycdonnell - Jan 26, 2020

4 by luskets »»
Jan 1, 2023 5:55 AM

Poll: » Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya Episode 11 Discussion

deg - Jan 30, 2020

1 by Adnash »»
Dec 8, 2021 4:05 PM

Poll: » Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya Episode 10 Discussion

deg - Jan 30, 2020

1 by Adnash »»
Dec 8, 2021 3:01 PM

Poll: » Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya Episode 9 Discussion

deg - Jan 29, 2020

1 by Adnash »»
Dec 8, 2021 2:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.