Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 4, 2019 5:52 AM

Nov 2007
@revyHOLiC @MahiaErebeaNegi (not sure if I should tag you but I'm not sure what you said is the reason for not airing today).

Why? Because the official site has announced their schedule for ep.13 and 14 (that's how they set the schedule).
http://toaru-project.com/index_3/news/index00710000.html
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 4, 2019 6:24 AM

Jul 2016
tsubasalover said:
@revyHOLiC @MahiaErebeaNegi (not sure if I should tag you but I'm not sure what you said is the reason for not airing today).

Why? Because the official site has announced their schedule for ep.13 and 14 (that's how they set the schedule).
http://toaru-project.com/index_3/news/index00710000.html

Well if the reason isn't due to holiday then I don't know what is it. I just saw the official Toaru twitter made an tweet about the episode will not air today in one week ago, which make me assume that the episode didn't air because of new year holiday.
Jan 4, 2019 6:34 AM

Nov 2007
@MahiaErebeaNegi
tsubasaloverJan 4, 2019 6:38 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 4, 2019 7:30 AM

Jul 2016
If that's the case then I really have no idea.

If the channel doesn't get affect for having new years specials just like you said, then the only reasons I can think aside of new year holiday was either J.C Staff haven't finish working on EP13 yet (Since J.C is already too busy with other anime projects), or J.C wanted to bring some staffs from Index III (While the episode still made on halfway) to working on the first episode of Date a Live III, before the show start airing on January 11 (This is unlikely due to the first episode was just aired earlier on last week).

Since the schedule was already set before EP12 even aired, I don't think either of those is the reason that this happened.
Jan 4, 2019 10:27 AM

Feb 2013
The show isn't that bad.
What is bad are you purist crybabies. You really are the cancer of the Anime industry.
Jan 4, 2019 10:49 AM
Dec 2018
Skyguardian said:
The show isn't that bad.
What is bad are you purist crybabies. You really are the cancer of the Anime industry.
Check the light novel rating.
Jan 4, 2019 10:51 AM

Feb 2013
KiLLZONE15JYU said:
Skyguardian said:
The show isn't that bad.

The one with loli Shogi at the top?
Seriously.
Mods should just mercilessly delete those "THIS ISN'T EXACTLY LIKE IN THE LN !!!!" posts and ban the users in question. Maybe a learning process might be initiated.
Jan 4, 2019 10:59 AM
Dec 2018
Skyguardian said:
KiLLZONE15JYU said:

Seriously.
Mods should just mercilessly delete those "THIS ISN'T EXACTLY LIKE IN THE LN !!!!" posts and ban the users in question. Maybe a learning process might be initiated.
Skyguardian said:
KiLLZONE15JYU said:

Seriously.
What do you mean by all that?
Jan 5, 2019 5:04 AM

Dec 2018
Arcos said:
Also the show gives Index too much screentime (i mean you saw her for a few minutes in the last few episodes and she even had some lines besides "i am hungry"-jokes - thats way too much). I mean it isn't like this Anime is about her, it's about other people like Mikasa or Accelerator or this magic spear fighter chick which i don't know the name, which is implied by "a certain magical AcceleratorRailgunMagicChick"o
The nun is supposed to be the co-star of the story. In fact, the title bears her name, so she must do something, but most of the time it's just annoying, her comedy attempts are one of the worst things on the show.
You can not even say that this is the reason why Touma is involved in all this, he was already fighting with everybody because he has a bad habit of going where he is not called, in the arc of the sisters it was totally irrelevant and it was a better arc than all those who have presented so far.
Jan 5, 2019 7:01 AM

Apr 2014
Fede_5000 said:
Arcos said:
Also the show gives Index too much screentime (i mean you saw her for a few minutes in the last few episodes and she even had some lines besides "i am hungry"-jokes - thats way too much). I mean it isn't like this Anime is about her, it's about other people like Mikasa or Accelerator or this magic spear fighter chick which i don't know the name, which is implied by "a certain magical AcceleratorRailgunMagicChick"o
The nun is supposed to be the co-star of the story. In fact, the title bears her name, so she must do something, but most of the time it's just annoying, her comedy attempts are one of the worst things on the show.
You can not even say that this is the reason why Touma is involved in all this, he was already fighting with everybody because he has a bad habit of going where he is not called, in the arc of the sisters it was totally irrelevant and it was a better arc than all those who have presented so far.

What? no Index wasn't a co-star, she never was a co-star, Kamachi didn't even want the title to be named after her, Miki (Kamachi's editor) stopped him changing the title of the novel because it would be a hassle. But Index was never meant to be a main character, but a side character.

She have roles, but her overall uses in the plot is only in Vol 1.

Sisters is the best arc in animated form, but not the best arc overall.
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
Jan 5, 2019 7:43 AM

Nov 2013
Sisters arc is "best" animated because Railgun anime exists. Not only was it directed better and had decent production values for once, the source it adapts actually adds to the original story so it's a win-win-win.

Vol1 was the best adapted arc in Index, if we ignore all of the above. Outside of a few minor tweaks it was handled rather well overall looked meh visually but anyway.
Jan 5, 2019 11:29 AM
Dec 2018
The JC Staff are trying too much to advertise the show and it not getting better. The studio would need to learn if they want to create good adaptation to the source material. Its best to say I don't want this show to continued. The studio wants to catch up Kamachi`s latest volume in NT which can destroy the pacing for this series. I look up and saw this latest topic in fandom website and I got to say one of them was accurate. The studio doesn't care for the story, only the fan service and that's what Nishikiori and the studio can only do. A remake can save it but if it still continues with the same studio I do not care for this series anymore.
Jan 5, 2019 2:36 PM

Dec 2018
Fede_5000 said:

What? no Index wasn't a co-star, she never was a co-star, Kamachi didn't even want the title to be named after her, Miki (Kamachi's editor) stopped him changing the title of the novel because it would be a hassle. But Index was never meant to be a main character, but a side character.

So it is deadweight in the series.
his will not improve if they continue adapting more arcs at this rate. In fact, it will only be worse and worse.
Jan 5, 2019 10:31 PM

Apr 2014
Fede_5000 said:

So it is deadweight in the series.
his will not improve if they continue adapting more arcs at this rate. In fact, it will only be worse and worse.

No? She have a side characters role and a side characters duty, don't bring your assumption of the anime into the plot discussion. Deadweight means she is eating screentime and doing nothing, which while true for the anime (due to shilling from the anime studio), it is not true on the script itself, ie.LN.
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
Jan 6, 2019 6:45 AM

Dec 2018

No? She have a side characters role and a side characters duty, don't bring your assumption of the anime into the plot discussion. Deadweight means she is eating screentime and doing nothing, which while true for the anime (due to shilling from the anime studio), it is not true on the script itself, ie.LN.

ok, but seriously that his personality is unbearable any interaction with Touma is limited to bother repeating the same as always, demand food and topped with his bite, at this point is just silly and out of place, break any serious dive and if wants to be comical relief also fails
Jan 7, 2019 11:35 AM
May 2010
I personally thought this season was bearable up until this Curtana Arc and it doesn't take a baka to see it is just a mess.
This make me wanna read it in the novel cuz from what i do get its pretty awesome despite it being axed and barely anything makes sense.
The whole Curtana Arc like does the bare minimum of connecting the plot threads... in recent time this is the worst I have seen an adaptation.
Jan 9, 2019 5:50 PM

Jan 2011
Man i spent the last few weeks rewatching a bit and reading index currently reading through this arc and while S3 is just barely enjoyable it's like Night and day with the LN(we should know this by now so no point complaining) but at this point a lot of anime only-er should do what i did if they actually really want to grasp what's being going on and read the LN, which shouldn't have to be the case but the director has messed up this so much that'd leave you confused majority of the time with out the full context to flush things out.

frankly i been having a fun time reading it then seeing it animated right after and comparing the two mediums together
Jan 9, 2019 6:22 PM

Dec 2008
It was a good setup for the next episode but I feel they tried to stuff too much into it and it was a little hard to follow.
Life Is Short But Intense.
Jan 20, 2019 9:59 AM

Aug 2013
Not a bad episode. Really enjoyed.

Mar 3, 2019 6:16 AM

Apr 2013
I've come to the realization i don't need to understand what's happening in the show. Or why. Fuck it i'm just gonna go with the ride wherever it takes me.
Apr 1, 2019 7:00 AM

Aug 2017
Carissa underestimates their enemy.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 11, 2019 4:49 AM

Sep 2012
pretty good season so far, just currently bit hard to make sense of it 100% cause so meany things happening all over the place
May 11, 2019 9:18 PM

Feb 2014
13 episodes and i dont know what the fucking is going on

and how things are random and confusing

characters that were defeated in a fight suddenly appears as if that never happened.

randomness is over 9000

I'm done for with Index. Dropped 3/10

Index being like this is not from today, it[s since season I.

Curiously, Railgun is nice! Better main characters, and everything else. Anxiously waiting for Railgun season III.

TechOtakuMay 11, 2019 9:47 PM
May 13, 2019 1:02 AM

Sep 2012
Vi- said:
13 episodes and i dont know what the fucking is going on

and how things are random and confusing

characters that were defeated in a fight suddenly appears as if that never happened.

randomness is over 9000

I'm done for with Index. Dropped 3/10

Index being like this is not from today, it[s since season I.

Curiously, Railgun is nice! Better main characters, and everything else. Anxiously waiting for Railgun season III.

short story short different factions amt parties want to take power over from alistar, but that's just part of it, its scheme some1 else started making it seem like alistar is loosing hes grip so meany used their orotundity, but that's not all some were in it for revenge worked for a party who wanted to take him down not caring about the parties coal killing even hes/hers bosses men if they get in hes/hers way, its huge mess that makes sense at the end :D

even hes/hers part is to avoid spoilers better, better if i even hide the gender of the merc who was hired by one party wanting to take alistart down, not to mention this parties fought each other as well
May 24, 2019 10:20 PM

May 2012
That's quite the action, pretty impressive episode actually, especially that ending! Looking forwards to see what happens next!
Oct 18, 2020 3:53 AM

Apr 2013
Yep, Touma is still the most boring protagonist in the history of boring protagonists. His fights always use the same pattern and it always end in the same result...
Dec 11, 2020 3:52 AM

Dec 2012
Touma lives.
Villian.
Itsuwa and Kanzaki.
Dat reduce to zero.
Acqua wins.
Touma sees Acqua.
Carissa.
Touma got sent flying.
Itsuwa and Kanzaki.
Biri-Biri. Hyouka. Aiho as well. Seiri and Aisa.
lol at Misaka looking at Hyouka oppai. Nice oppai.
Touma calls Misaka.
Touma defeated it.
Itsuwa calls Touma.
Angelene.
Itsuwa oppai in dat apron.
Kanzaki goes to Touma. Itsuwa looks at them. Itsuwa gets the assist.
OH SHIT! The Great Spirit maid outfit!
Orsola! Sherry.
Show Orsola oppai!
Laura, Rimea, and the queen.
Dat ending.

Dat close up on Hyouka oppai was nice. Wish they showed Orsola oppai. They need to be seen.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 3, 2021 1:08 AM

Jan 2017
wtf is with the "Reduce to Zero" BS that the anime showed, Nishikiori pls

worst part of the British arc so far as pacing was all over the place
Jun 25, 2021 1:51 PM

Aug 2018
Well, Aqua protects that princess.. So he can be nice guy.. Maybe.. He could seek anything by this..
lol, it's nice to see nuns back.. ;P
Nov 15, 2021 1:28 AM

Dec 2013
I'm really liking Aqua of the rear in this arc. The royal family are also great but everything else is meh in comparison. Especially with this pacing.
Jun 3, 2023 1:06 PM

May 2020
Getting tired saying this again and again, but animation is HORRIBLE smh. Can we atleast get a single decently animated episode where if nothing, character movements are fixed?

Touma retrieved Index, again punched his way through and about to repeat that course again.. yeah the usual. Though if anything guess they'll wrap up this arc next episode. Didn't really care about the motives of rebel princess or anything, so yeah just do it.

I appreciate whatever screentime of Misaka we get though.
Jun 10, 2023 6:44 AM

Nov 2010
Wow, Acqua still managed to beat Knight Commander, even with all the buffs he had. It's safe to say he's the strongest in the series so far, especially in a 1v1 situation.

Carissa is so hot! Her personality reminds me of Mordred from FGO. I want to lick her armpits so bad!

I want to also eat in the boobies restaurant!

I like the downtime scenes near the end, with them just eating and chilling despite what's happening.
Nov 28, 2023 1:56 PM

Nov 2023
Index with her magic powers!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Can you imagine if the Final arc was a 3 part movie Adaptation like the Kizu movies?

BerriesSan - Mar 22

10 by Laplace_kun »»
Apr 13, 2:48 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

354 by bakakisima »»
Dec 11, 2023 7:07 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2019

117 by bakakisima »»
Dec 8, 2023 8:56 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2019

74 by bakakisima »»
Dec 8, 2023 6:46 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2019

82 by bakakisima »»
Dec 5, 2023 11:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.