Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 1, 2019 3:19 AM
May 2018
A fine start. Even though it's one of those isekai genre it felt much more refined. Besides shield is something we don't imagine on a protagonist. And story seems to be good too, seeing the pre air though
Jan 1, 2019 3:24 AM

Jun 2016
hope this will be great series , that was a good first episode
Jan 1, 2019 3:24 AM
Aug 2018
was this only pre aired in 720p? It doesn’t matter that much because I will just wait for Crunchyroll anyway.
Jan 1, 2019 3:28 AM

Feb 2018
Very cruel they even slandered.
Jan 1, 2019 3:46 AM
Mar 2016
MC can't get loyal party members. So, he decided to get a slave. This is some next level shit. lol
Japan is very weird indeed, Floyd Mayweather vs Tenshin. man vs kid.
Happy watching
Jan 1, 2019 4:02 AM
Jul 2016
mieloasecas said:
Nuba said:
wow this is trash, jesus christ. 2/10, at least it has some art but damn, this is HORRIBLE. so bad I had to come here and say it sucks
But why tho. Give some reason at least.

dont feed the troll
Jan 1, 2019 4:11 AM
Nov 2016
"You are not the protagonist of this world." Says the side character
Jan 1, 2019 4:12 AM

Jan 2017
mieloasecas said:
Nuba said:
wow this is trash, jesus christ. 2/10, at least it has some art but damn, this is HORRIBLE. so bad I had to come here and say it sucks

do I really need to?
Alright:
At the start the protagonist has to narrate it, which is the start of a bad story, ever heard of "show, dont tell", this anime does it completely wrong like every bad anime has ever done in life.
then the story starts and its the most basic, clichê it can ever be without a harem, all characters are numb and there is no reason to like the MC at all, he is also numb af.
Seriously, is there even a reason to like this anime? it has the shittiest start I have seen on an anime in a long time, its similar to those "another world with smartphone" bullshit opening, but with a much worse first impression (if thats even possible)
we dont care about any of these characters and no reason at all is given for us to, the "evil guys" (everyone?) is dislikable for no reason at all other than the plot demanding it, I dont even remember the name of the other edgy anime that makes characters bad just because the plot demands it, but this is just as bad

anyway, its a sum of all bad animes I have ever watched all in one PV, and it hurts to watch

Edit: Want to watch something good and the opposite of what I just said? Go watch the PV of Manaria Friends, it doesnt threat the spectator like a fucking idiot, is beautiful, has art and character emotion, introduces the viewer to a lot of different concepts without the stupid narrator telling you everything about it, reasons are presented for you to care about the characters from the start, isnt "transported to another world but with a X" kind of bullshit, then come back here and tell me you dont feel the difference.
NubaJan 1, 2019 4:26 AM
Jan 1, 2019 4:14 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm perhaps one of the most well off Otaku's i ever seen in anime. These heroes seems to be a mix of personalities it seems with the one in red being the worst. So the waves are the hostile faction huh. Instead of acting as a group the hero's are assigned different groups to lead interesting. Amusing how they each see the world as a game. Naofumi seems to be taking this new job pretty well. To think that the princess will end up framing him though how horrible. The weapons shop master though turned out to be a surprising ally. After his framing though Naofumi's attitude sure did a 180. A pretty strong first episode that did well in not just introducing the world but also the main characters as well. The story so far looks interesting and im curious to see how the mc would develop as he embarks on his quest.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 1, 2019 4:29 AM

Jan 2017
I have a feeling you either think this is complete trash or youre a fan of the original source and want to upvote this because of your feelings, there is no way at all a person that isnt "emotionally attached" to this from other sources that isnt the horrible first episode would ever give this anything higher than 1/5
Jan 1, 2019 4:47 AM

Feb 2013
Absolute dogshit episode
Jan 1, 2019 5:55 AM
Apr 2016
Nuba said:
I have a feeling you either think this is complete trash or youre a fan of the original source and want to upvote this because of your feelings, there is no way at all a person that isnt "emotionally attached" to this from other sources that isnt the horrible first episode would ever give this anything higher than 1/5

Could you somehow justify that based on something that is evident, like analyzing the episode and everything connected to it, instead of employing empty rhetoric devoid of any critical value? Because if you can't, you are welcome to join the grey mass with such an attitude.
Nubba said:

do I really need to?
Alright:
At the start the protagonist has to narrate it, which is the start of a bad story, ever heard of "show, dont tell", this anime does it completely wrong like every bad anime has ever done in life.

That is the narrative choice. As far as I am concerned, there has not been an established formula of narrating that leads either to an eternal glory as a heritage of humanity, or to a failure as a yet another commercial product. You... seem to not like this way of narrating? Noted. And?
Nubba said:

then the story starts and its the most basic, clichê it can ever be without a harem, all characters are numb and there is no reason to like the MC at all, he is also numb af.
You seem to not like characters that do not consist of 110% bravado. Noted. A-and??
Please refer to empty rhetorics devoid of any critical value.
---
How it pains me to see so much dissonance in here. I understand this is not the forum of patricians, but rather a plebs hub, but even so, even so... such potential, yet buried under all... this.
Daniel_NaumovJan 1, 2019 6:09 AM
Re:formed
Jan 1, 2019 5:58 AM
Jan 2014
Nuba said:
mieloasecas said:

do I really need to?
Alright:
Seriously, is there even a reason to like this anime? it has the shittiest start I have seen on an anime in a long time, its similar to those "another world with smartphone" bullshit opening, but with a much worse first impression (if thats even possible)
we dont care about any of these characters and no reason at all is given for us to, the "evil guys" (everyone?) is dislikable for no reason at all other than the plot demanding it, I dont even remember the name of the other edgy anime that makes characters bad just because the plot demands it, but this is just as bad

anyway, its a sum of all bad animes I have ever watched all in one PV, and it hurts to watch

Edit: Want to watch something good and the opposite of what I just said? Go watch the PV of Manaria Friends, it doesnt threat the spectator like a fucking idiot, is beautiful, has art and character emotion, introduces the viewer to a lot of different concepts without the stupid narrator telling you everything about it, reasons are presented for you to care about the characters from the start, isnt "transported to another world but with a X" kind of bullshit, then come back here and tell me you dont feel the difference.

- the MC doesn't narrate anymore in the 2nd part of the episode. Also, having narration doesn't mean the story is bad altogether. It's just an easy way to give the first glimpse of the world to the audience (I would say it was not the best narration in anime ever)

- I have a reason to like the MC. He's not generic. If you compare him to other isekai MCs, you can see that he's not some dude that gets all the nice and pleasing treatment like any other isekai series (OP stats, harem, etc.). Instead, he got into the world treated as trash from the very beginning with reasons he doesn't know, which forced him to quickly adapt with the situations and change his act towards his surrounding.

- a girl appeared and immediately set him to a trap and stole his belongings, a girl appeared at the very end of the episode, no romance relationship built up, i don't see any reason you would tell there's going to be harem based on the episode (seems to me you're judging the series based on it alone)

- i feel like the horrible treatments the MC got is supposed to be the mystery that is not told to the audience this early. The show is putting the audience alongside the MC as he discover the things that's going on with the world together, including the reason why everyone is a a-hole towards him as a shield hero. It's supposed to be something that we'll find out with the MC as we follow his journey to prove his hero.. credibility(?) and innocence to the world.

- The Manaria Friends PV was great, especially the art and the concepts it's showing. Here's the difference I find: that's a PV and this is an anime episode. An episode would obviously not dump the lore and world setting as many as a PV does, and I say this first episode is enough to show the audience the basic idea of the setting.

I wouldn't tell you to drop the show of you don't like what you just watched, as it is just the first episode. I have to mention as well that my experience of reading the source material might hold back my clear judgment about the anime adaptation. But, I suggest you to watch a couple of more episodes then come and write an actual 2/10 rating in the anime review.
Jan 1, 2019 6:11 AM
Apr 2016
Lairucrem said:
Aniteku said:
just a troll or sjw member

The guy gave Goblin Slayer a 10 but gave this a 2 in just the first episode lmao nuff said

Giving anything a 10/10 is just a giveaway you have no value as a medium of any sort. You just... exist and make existence harder. my mental one for sure
Jan 1, 2019 6:31 AM

Jul 2017
It was nice, though the strong start doesn't stop it from becoming generic isekai trash later on which is a shame.
Jan 1, 2019 6:36 AM
Apr 2016
JustTesting said:
Nuba said:

do I really need to?
Alright:

- the MC doesn't narrate anymore in the 2nd part of the episode. Also, having narration doesn't mean the story is bad altogether. It's just an easy way to give the first glimpse of the world to the audience (I would say it was not the best narration in anime ever)

- I have a reason to like the MC. He's not generic. If you compare him to other isekai MCs, you can see that he's not some dude that gets all the nice and pleasing treatment like any other isekai series (OP stats, harem, etc.). Instead, he got into the world treated as trash from the very beginning with reasons he doesn't know, which forced him to quickly adapt with the situations and change his act towards his surrounding.

- a girl appeared and immediately set him to a trap and stole his belongings, a girl appeared at the very end of the episode, no romance relationship built up, i don't see any reason you would tell there's going to be harem based on the episode (seems to me you're judging the series based on it alone)

- i feel like the horrible treatments the MC got is supposed to be the mystery that is not told to the audience this early. The show is putting the audience alongside the MC as he discover the things that's going on with the world together, including the reason why everyone is a a-hole towards him as a shield hero. It's supposed to be something that we'll find out with the MC as we follow his journey to prove his hero.. credibility(?) and innocence to the world.

- The Manaria Friends PV was great, especially the art and the concepts it's showing. Here's the difference I find: that's a PV and this is an anime episode. An episode would obviously not dump the lore and world setting as many as a PV does, and I say this first episode is enough to show the audience the basic idea of the setting.

I wouldn't tell you to drop the show of you don't like what you just watched, as it is just the first episode. I have to mention as well that my experience of reading the source material might hold back my clear judgment about the anime adaptation. But, I suggest you to watch a couple of more episodes then come and write an actual 2/10 rating in the anime review.

1. -
2. I would not call that adapting, rather he got overwhelmed with emotions how everything and everyone seemed to align against him, so he broke and made a full reverse in attitude - he was not being treated a hero anymore, and so he stopped behaving like one.
3.-
4.I could say it is a philosophical issue, that shield is not that good for defeating evil (it is good for protecting the innocent though). Also every other hero is finding the world similar to a game in parallel Japans they have played, while our hero can only connect the world to the book he read. There has to be more practical explanation why shield hero is hated, of course.
5. What does something like Manaria Friends AT ALL has to do with this series?
GreenEmu said:
It was nice, though the strong start doesn't stop it from becoming generic isekai trash later on which is a shame.

There is another kind of?
Jan 1, 2019 6:52 AM

Jul 2017
Daniel_Naumov said:

Yes, once upon a time way before the whole isekai meme became popular there were series like Twelve Kingdoms, Escaflowne, Kiba and hell even Inuyasha which pulled off the "transported into another world" properly. Now it's just cheap self insert garbage for those otaku bucks.
Jan 1, 2019 6:56 AM

Jul 2015
Kinema Citrus is delivering a good animation. This studio got some respect from me after Made in Abyss.

The story itself is not my cup of tea. I already tried to read it once and end up dropping. I will try to watch this adaptation to see if I get a better experience.

Jan 1, 2019 7:27 AM
Sep 2018
FMmatron said:
Myne that bitch

The others were scummy as well.

Pretty promising start. I'm afraid that I'm hoping for too much, but this seems at least decent compared to other isekais.

Raphtalia-Chan will fight for our baka Tate no Yuusha Naoufumi. but damn bitch really is annoying.
Jan 1, 2019 7:35 AM
Apr 2016
GreenEmu said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Yes, once upon a time way before the whole isekai meme became popular there were series like Twelve Kingdoms, Escaflowne, Kiba and hell even Inuyasha which pulled off the "transported into another world" properly. Now it's just cheap self insert garbage for those otaku bucks.

Inuyasha was ANOTHER WORLD? whole knowledge crumbles
Either way I kind of hate the genre as a whole I guess. Sometimes though there is some value behind several of them. I personally found plausible "Re:Zero Kara" and... Hmm. Apparently I have avoided everything else.
Well this one starts off with an original narrative. I am willing to see what it can do with it.
Jan 1, 2019 7:37 AM
Apr 2016
AdrianRubinsky said:
Kinema Citrus is delivering a good animation. This studio got some respect from me after Made in Abyss.

The story itself is not my cup of tea. I already tried to read it once and end up dropping. I will try to watch this adaptation to see if I get a better experience.

Good animation as in a good animated series (which is possible), or a good animation as in well animated into movement pictures (which is not true, as everything about the animation was normal, as in generic yet without any serious violations of quality)?
Also I don't see how an addition of sound and motion is going to fundamentally influence your perception so that you find the series plausible and be able to endure through it, even though you could not keep read still pages. Sense in this eludes me on a conceptual level.
Jan 1, 2019 7:39 AM
Jan 2014
Daniel_Naumov said:
JustTesting said:

1. -
2. I would not call that adapting, rather he got overwhelmed with emotions how everything and everyone seemed to align against him, so he broke and made a full reverse in attitude - he was not being treated a hero anymore, and so he stopped behaving like one.
3.-
4.I could say it is a philosophical issue, that shield is not that good for defeating evil (it is good for protecting the innocent though). Also every other hero is finding the world similar to a game in parallel Japans they have played, while our hero can only connect the world to the book he read. There has to be more practical explanation why shield hero is hated, of course.
5. What does something like Manaria Friends AT ALL has to do with this series?

You're wording it all better than I did. Really thank you.

Anyway, he brought up a PV as a comparison to this first episode on The Shield Hero, and I felt like I had to explain how it just doesn't work. It's a ridiculous thing to bring up, I agree.

Jan 1, 2019 7:49 AM

Apr 2016
So we have another isekai anime where the MC is transported into a game...
Well, the pre-aired episode was decent.. nothing wow, good for an intro for the series. I'll probably watch till the end cause the MC "couple" is voiced by voice actors for Sakuta and Mai

Jan 1, 2019 7:56 AM

May 2010
clear as day trash tier show
Jan 1, 2019 8:10 AM
Apr 2016
Kerozinn said:

By what accounts? What points indicate this series as "trash"? What did author do wrong when crafting first chapters of the story so that it comes out as a cheap art? In what regards did studio make mistakes when trying to animate said series?
Seriously, either the education systems are that bad in some countries, or adolescents are living such luxury lives they have too much free time on their hands.
Jan 1, 2019 9:15 AM

Sep 2018
Kerozinn said:

That was exactly my thought with Rakudai Kishi with the saturation of battle academy harems at that time. And then, it turned out that it wasn't a harem show at all, and the MC and main heroine went into a legit relationship.

TL;DR - Don't judge things so pre-maturely just because of the cover or genre.
Jan 1, 2019 9:24 AM

Jan 2015
As expected from Kinema Citrus, they are always giving their all

It was an amazing episode
Jan 1, 2019 9:33 AM

Jun 2014
Didn't think it would air so soon. Really enjoyable and hoping for consistency.
Jan 1, 2019 9:56 AM
Apr 2016
Xenocrisi said:

If their "all" means blatant lack of any reflection in water puddle, then yes, quite expected from a studio that only knows to do adaptations.
Jan 1, 2019 9:57 AM

Jan 2017
I love this series. For now, I'll give it a 9/10

ZeRealVortex said:
"You are not the protagonist of this world." Says the side character

lmao
I was thinking the same thing.

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Jan 1, 2019 10:06 AM

Dec 2016
Damn... it sucks when no one wants to pair up knowing the "hero" is weak >~<

... Malty is the worst, playing the victim and making Naofume fall by her evil scheme. Who is the trash now?? I guess we can't judge a book by it's cover... I wonder how the Shield Hero will prove his innocence :/

The beginning of this anime was good :) I hope he can unmask and reveal Malty's true colors soon.

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jan 1, 2019 10:33 AM

Jan 2015
Daniel_Naumov said:
Xenocrisi said:

If their "all" means blatant lack of any reflection in water puddle, then yes, quite expected from a studio that only knows to do adaptations.

Wow lmfao “lack of any reflection in water puddle”. If that’s where you really are going, please don’t bother quoting me
Jan 1, 2019 10:38 AM

Sep 2008
Well it looks nice.

But Jesus Christ, could anyone be more arrogant and more of a c*** than they are?

Like, holy hell, almost everything revolves around "you're useless", "no one wants to be with you", "you are not needed".

Who the hell doesn't want support? Even in a game? No one wants to play support, sure, but EVERYONE knows the value of a good shield.
I don't think I'll stick with this one for long, everyone except for the main hero pisses me off way too much.

"OK, we've summoned legendary heroes prophesied to save our world. let's treat one of them like complete shit, even though the very survival of our world rests on his shoulders."

I vote let them die.
Jan 1, 2019 10:47 AM

Oct 2012
Golden_Scarlett said:
Congintive said:

Why u always have that negative mind towards Isekai this is definitely not a Harem well, I guess u gotta see that yourself to believe it though.

I just hope that u don't drop it early on

>not a harem
objectively wrong but ok

It's not really a harem, but it does get minor harem elements later on (AKA there are more than one female that will be interested in the MC, although the MC isn't necessarily interested in them in that way) though this isn't going to be a huge problem as far as this adaption goes. Most of that shit is long past the point the anime will adapt anyway. That kind of shit is par for the course for any LN anyway, and is more of a genre staple than anything else. Its certainly less offensive than a good deal of LNs out there and adapted.

GreenEmu said:

That isn't really going to be an issue for this adaption though. If we're lucky we'll pretty much get the best part of this series in anime form, which is good enough for me.

franzjpm said:
FMmatron said:
Myne that bitch

The others were scummy as well.

Pretty promising start. I'm afraid that I'm hoping for too much, but this seems at least decent compared to other isekais.

Raphtalia-Chan will fight for our baka Tate no Yuusha Naoufumi. but damn bitch really is annoying.

I see what you did there lol.
Jan 1, 2019 10:47 AM
Apr 2016
Xenocrisi said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Wow lmfao “lack of any reflection in water puddle”. If that’s where you really are going, please don’t bother quoting me

What did you mean then? Lack of details is a sign of animation quality. You said nothing, I am calling you out on it. Can you elaborate, just where is that "all" which I presumably did not see? Else you are just making the studio you "defend/elevate" look bad due to its "fans".
Jan 1, 2019 10:51 AM
Apr 2016
FontSize72LOL said:

It's not really a harem, but it does get minor harem elements later on (AKA there are more than one female that will be interested in the MC, although the MC isn't necessarily interested in them in that way) though this isn't going to be a huge problem as far as this adaption goes.
That is for the viewer to judge, though. Staple or not, if the trope is bad it will remain bad even if everyone adopts it to cater to some... "lesser" majority of viewers.
Jan 1, 2019 11:00 AM

Mar 2017
That was the most awful first 3 minutes of my entire year. Literally monologuing the obvious things he's doing and giving a stupid ass justification for his "lifestyle" even when it is not needed and wasn't even asked in the first place. He could have shut his damn mouth the entire journey from bed to library and we'd still grasp the general idea of what he is and what he's doing.

First three minutes and it's already insulting my intelligence. That's gotta be a fucking record for anime.

P.S. Those "legendary weapons" designs are awful. Who's responsible for that and did he get paid? I could design shit better than that, for free.

P.P.S. The king asked your names, not your fucking age and what the fuck is with bringing up school/college? This is another fucking world. Why should they care about things not relevant to their world?
EankiJan 1, 2019 11:17 AM
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Jan 1, 2019 11:27 AM
Apr 2016
Eanki said:
That was the most awful first 3 minutes of my entire year. Literally monologuing the obvious things he's doing and giving a stupid ass justification for his "lifestyle" even when it is not needed and wasn't even asked in the first place. He could have shut his damn mouth the entire journey from bed to library and we'd still grasp the general idea of what he is and what he's doing.

First three minutes and it's already insulting my intelligence. That's gotta be a fucking record for anime.

P.S. Those "legendary weapons" designs are awful. Who's responsible for that and did he get paid? I could design shit better than that, for free.

P.P.S. The king asked your names, not your fucking age and what the fuck is with bringing up school/college? This is another fucking world. Why should they care about things not relevant to their world?

You are spouting nonsense, but I will just make it clear to everyone - if he did not explain he is living off life insurance, it would have to been SOMEHOW EXPLAINED ANOTHER WAY. The grey mass here is trying to find reasons to blame the series, yet only comes out as purely pretentious. This is the main problem with this forum - both plebs and patricians are forced into one thread.
Jan 1, 2019 11:39 AM

Mar 2017
Daniel_Naumov said:
Eanki said:

You are spouting nonsense, but I will just make it clear to everyone - if he did not explain he is living off life insurance, it would have to been SOMEHOW EXPLAINED ANOTHER WAY. The grey mass here is trying to find reasons to blame the series, yet only comes out as purely pretentious. This is the main problem with this forum - both plebs and patricians are forced into one thread.

Oh good, the guy from Overlord

Why? Is it important? Is it pertinent to the narrative at all? You did not even counter anything of what I said and merely did the equivalent of shouting at the top of your lungs how wrong I am. That's not an argument. My argument is simple: show not tell. Why tell when simply showing it is enough.

Eanki said:
He could have shut his damn mouth the entire journey from bed to library and we'd still grasp the general idea of what he is and what he's doing.
Jan 1, 2019 12:07 PM
Mar 2017
I just want everyone aside from the MC and his (future) allies to die. I'm so freaking mad. Like you want me to save your world? LOL!!!!! Do it yourselves, you (insert a lot of curse words). And if anyone brings up duty blah blah blah, I don't care. I don't wanna save the asses of ungrateful swines.
Jan 1, 2019 12:09 PM

Feb 2015
The first part of the show was a bit cringe. They get summoned to bother world and have a duty to save it and yet none of them have a problem with this?

In interested to see where this goes, it's a solid if unspectacular start so far.
Jan 1, 2019 12:16 PM

Sep 2010
Nice, I'm liking this so far. The slave trader guy reminds me of the millennium Earl.
Jan 1, 2019 12:20 PM

Oct 2012
Daniel_Naumov said:
FontSize72LOL said:

It's not really a harem, but it does get minor harem elements later on (AKA there are more than one female that will be interested in the MC, although the MC isn't necessarily interested in them in that way) though this isn't going to be a huge problem as far as this adaption goes.
That is for the viewer to judge, though. Staple or not, if the trope is bad it will remain bad even if everyone adopts it to cater to some... "lesser" majority of viewers.

Its important to make a distinction on what is a harem, and what is harem-like. A harem-like anime would have a MC surrounded by females but doesn't contain any romance between, what would have to be several females at the same time. An actual harem would be a situation where the MC is in a romantic/sexual relationship with multiple women (which a lot of LNs of this genre have). I will say that while there is some 'bonding' between the MC and the few female cast members, It definitely falls within the "harem-like" side of things rather than the harem (And honestly, there is nothing wrong with a harem in an escapist genre like isekai anyway even if it did exist).

Having a male lead surrounded by female characters in a genre that panders to male audiences isn't anything new, nor is it particularly bad. After all, in addition to the many male oriented web/light novels there are, you have plenty that are the opposite: Shoujo/josei web/light novels that are of a female MC surrounded by a cast of males vying for her attention. None of these are particularly bad because they know their audience and who they're trying to sell to. That isn't a fault but a marketing design.

Not liking the trope doesn't mean it's bad, It just means you don't like the trope.
Jan 1, 2019 12:22 PM

Dec 2014
like Iam hooked...pretty bad how they all treated the guy
Jan 1, 2019 12:39 PM

Aug 2017
seems very interesting and promising. if the anime continues with quality like the first episode, it might very well be on par with other top isekai anime we've seen.
Jan 1, 2019 12:56 PM

Sep 2017
I feel like 2019 is gonna be a great year for the isekai

I always liked that genre but I never found a great isekai anime (Sword Art Online is...well...what it is, and Log Horizon is good but lacks of something I couldn't describe)

But Tensei Shitara Slime is really enjoyable and this anime looks pretty good too

I appreciate the 45 min first episode, it really sets the story (hey, there's even a plotwist in the first episode ! That woman looked immediately really suspicious to me, but I couldn't think everyone would betray the MC like this). The fact that the MC is hated and mistakened by everyone just makes him even more sympathetic !

I can't wait now to know how he's gonna get his revenge against everyone, I hope he'll kick some ass with that shield that looks surprisingly overcheated
Jan 1, 2019 1:25 PM

Aug 2017
Very good first episode for an isekai.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 1, 2019 1:37 PM
Apr 2016
FontSize72LOL said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Its important to make a distinction on what is a harem, and what is harem-like. A harem-like anime would have a MC surrounded by females but doesn't contain any romance between, what would have to be several females at the same time. An actual harem would be a situation where the MC is in a romantic/sexual relationship with multiple women (which a lot of LNs of this genre have). I will say that while there is some 'bonding' between the MC and the few female cast members, It definitely falls within the "harem-like" side of things rather than the harem (And honestly, there is nothing wrong with a harem in an escapist genre like isekai anyway even if it did exist).

Having a male lead surrounded by female characters in a genre that panders to male audiences isn't anything new, nor is it particularly bad. After all, in addition to the many male oriented web/light novels there are, you have plenty that are the opposite: Shoujo/josei web/light novels that are of a female MC surrounded by a cast of males vying for her attention. None of these are particularly bad because they know their audience and who they're trying to sell to. That isn't a fault but a marketing design.

Not liking the trope doesn't mean it's bad, It just means you don't like the trope.

IT is a fault when you are making art, and not a commercial piece of... something, wrapped up as art. By this definition it IS bad, being motivated by "marketing" needs and twisting art to cater to some unsavory males who would otherwise not follow a decent story. There is no in-between.
Jan 1, 2019 1:39 PM
Apr 2016
Eanki said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Oh good, the guy from Overlord

Why? Is it important? Is it pertinent to the narrative at all? You did not even counter anything of what I said and merely did the equivalent of shouting at the top of your lungs how wrong I am. That's not an argument. My argument is simple: show not tell. Why tell when simply showing it is enough.

Eanki said:
He could have shut his damn mouth the entire journey from bed to library and we'd still grasp the general idea of what he is and what he's doing.

I had just told you why you would not. No point, I am not expecting some sort of development from anyone there.
Jan 1, 2019 2:09 PM

Mar 2017
Themousen said:
I feel like 2019 is gonna be a great year for the isekai

[...]

and Log Horizon is good but lacks of something I couldn't describe

Log Horizon lacks for a lot of things, visuals and imagery for one, but I hardly think 2019 is the year Log Horizon is toppled from its lofty throne, high above other video game isekai shows that are not parodies (KonoSuba) or primarily SOL/dramas (Grimgar).

It's so damn creative and innovative with how it integrates and interconnects MMORPG mechanics into its narrative and world that the video game isekai that beats it would have to take the path and ideas that it did and then refine it to a shine. Because if someone asks the question "how do I make this video game world a reality?", the logical conclusions and answers he'd come to would roughly match the answers of Mamare Touno, the huge video game nerd who wrote Log Horizon.
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2019

298 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2019

236 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2019

379 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 4:30 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2019

418 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 16, 10:32 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2019

440 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 16, 10:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.