Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 31, 2018 11:23 AM
Mar 2015
Not bad for a preview
Dec 31, 2018 11:23 AM

Dec 2013
Daniel_Naumov said:
Ryuseishun said:
How to make your main character a cold hearted jerk 101
Only temporary. He will just rub himself off that fur and warm up to everyone even thought hey call him a certain bill. It always happens this way.

Nah, the dude's a bad motherfucker. At least in the WN, he never stops being one untill the very end (tbh he still is, but not in the same way)
Dec 31, 2018 11:27 AM

Jan 2012
Oof that was painful. I fet the isolation and betreyal. 10/10
Dec 31, 2018 11:31 AM
Apr 2016
Ryuseishun said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Yes, I'd take this for any other generic "another world" where they just start with some ultimate skill aaaaand it loses most meaning.

Oh, I see. You didn't like Tensei Shitara, then?
Cause the mc there does start out with pretty busted abilities, but the worldbuilding and introduction of characters and pacing of the story is really good so far.
Even worse, I did not even view a single episode. I had enough of a main page poster, to be honest. This one got a chance, at least.
mieloasecas said:
Daniel_Naumov said:
Only temporary. He will just rub himself off that fur and warm up to everyone even thought hey call him a certain bill. It always happens this way.

Nah, the dude's a bad motherfucker. At least in the WN, he never stops being one untill the very end (tbh he still is, but not in the same way)

That's a spoiler, you might want to ease up on them buddy.
Re:formed
Dec 31, 2018 11:33 AM

Mar 2016
Daniel_Naumov said:
Ryuseishun said:

Cause the mc there does start out with pretty busted abilities, but the worldbuilding and introduction of characters and pacing of the story is really good so far.
Even worse, I did not even view a single episode. I had enough of a main page poster, to be honest. This one got a chance, at least.
mieloasecas said:

Well that's a shame, cause I consider it one of the best isekai shows I've seen so far.
Dec 31, 2018 11:54 AM

Jun 2014
Not a bad first episode, especially for an isekai show, which tend to not impress me for the most part.

It really sucks that even the other heroes with whom Naofumi should be teaming went along with that ploy to fuck him over. And screw that bitch for making the false accusation in the first place.

Good first impression so far, looking forward to seeing where Naofumi's journey goes from here.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 31, 2018 12:01 PM

Aug 2011
Daniel_Naumov said:
Ryuseishun said:
How to make your main character a cold hearted jerk 101

Yeah but the real question is when? If all goes well, we should be in for a real treat.
Dec 31, 2018 12:02 PM
Apr 2016
There seems to be a misunderstanding (based on ignorance), that other heroes are also in the plot of the girl to tarnish the shield hero's reputation - news flash, at least the heroes are not. It is evident by their behaviour, they are merely going on with the flow everyone else is. If anything, the spear hero is giving him the most benefit of the doubt amongst the king's audience (aside that cloaked girl behind the pillars). It is the same when people jumped on Kevin Spacey hate wagon when they heard the accusations first. There was not proof yet, but everyone hated him. Sheeple.
Dec 31, 2018 12:05 PM

Aug 2011
Ryuseishun said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Well that's a shame, cause I consider it one of the best isekai shows I've seen so far.

It is. I'm wondering how episode 14 hasn't been streamed as yet? I'm really waiting for it.
haykaJan 1, 2019 5:32 PM
Dec 31, 2018 12:27 PM

Feb 2012
Really good first episode. I'm hooked almost as much as I was when Re:Zero came out. I'm hoping this is as good.

MC got royally screwed over this first episode. Fuck that bitch.
Dec 31, 2018 12:29 PM
Nov 2016
Daniel_Naumov said:
There seems to be a misunderstanding (based on ignorance), that other heroes are also in the plot of the girl to tarnish the shield hero's reputation - news flash, at least the heroes are not.

I was expecting at least the blonde dude to be in the betrayal, but wasn't sure. He always talks like he's above others, not really knows if he's serious or not sometimes. The others was just carried on with the flow, and I don't blame them.

I'm glad the MC "changed", have to to tell you, I really don't like the "naive/nicer" MC role, yet it was to be expected this behavior assuming his life and age.

Wasn't that impressive and many elements I already see in other shows and most of them are clichês, even so was fun to watch. MC improved and I hope I cheer for him for the rest of the show instead of hating him like in other shows.
Dec 31, 2018 12:36 PM
Feb 2018
Spoiler warning

feels kinda wierd watching this since ive read the manga especially since i knew Mein is going to be a B*tch
Dec 31, 2018 12:49 PM
Apr 2016
DimmuOli said:
Daniel_Naumov said:
There seems to be a misunderstanding (based on ignorance), that other heroes are also in the plot of the girl to tarnish the shield hero's reputation - news flash, at least the heroes are not.

I was expecting at least the blonde dude to be in the betrayal, but wasn't sure. He always talks like he's above others, not really knows if he's serious or not sometimes. The others was just carried on with the flow, and I don't blame them.

I'm glad the MC "changed", have to to tell you, I really don't like the "naive/nicer" MC role, yet it was to be expected this behavior assuming his life and age.

Wasn't that impressive and many elements I already see in other shows and most of them are clichês, even so was fun to watch. MC improved and I hope I cheer for him for the rest of the show instead of hating him like in other shows.

Well you can see the Spear hero trying to stop Naofumi from just leaving, if anything he does not mean him bad and actually believes that trash female.
Dec 31, 2018 12:52 PM
Jun 2013
For those who are looking for where to watch it, I watched it on kissanime.ru
It is really good quality, so I suggest watching it there if you haven't already found a place to watch it
Dec 31, 2018 1:08 PM
Oct 2018
nice start.
i thought that maybe i was gonna be dissapointed but it's good so far and an interesting premise.
ChrisTriesDec 31, 2018 1:11 PM
"I know anything goes here...
but this...
this is clearly not fucking okay...!"
-Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu
Dec 31, 2018 1:10 PM
Aug 2016
Swagernator said:
Oh look another rpg fantasy where MC is a "bad" guy.

How many girls will he be having in his harem again ?

Nah it doesn’t feel harem at all. It doesn’t even feel romance sometimes
Dec 31, 2018 1:13 PM

May 2018

Uh Oh she a con woman. poor Naofumi too stupid to notice that he got punked...big time. Now from low level hero he becomes a zero and he turns into a badass antihero.......Sheee that cat ear girl should have come earlier.
JiangHaoyi1979Dec 31, 2018 1:20 PM
Dec 31, 2018 1:18 PM
Aug 2016
[quote=Daniel_Naumov message=56612998]
Ryuseishun said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Yes, I'd take this for any other generic "another world" where they just start with some ultimate skill aaaaand it loses most meaning.

Dude don’t judge a book cover and that also means you don’t like overlord right since you don’t like overpowered character. Slime and Overlord have the most similarity in each other
Dec 31, 2018 1:56 PM

Jun 2011
Mein is every feminist's wet dream.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Dec 31, 2018 2:08 PM

Apr 2017
The only thing that confused me was who was actually in on the backstab and who wasn't?

As far as it was made obvious it was the king, the blonde dude and the chick - but the others seemed genuinely confused?

make yourself comfortable, i'll be done in just a few decades
Dec 31, 2018 2:30 PM

Aug 2015
That was really good! I'm not 100% convinced yet, but so far it feels like a better version of Death March.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Dec 31, 2018 2:47 PM
Aug 2018
Felt very generic for the first half... Then, the second half did a complete 180 and was completely pointless for doing so. Also, I hated pretty much every character, outside of the MC.

Why even accuse the MC if literally nothing can be done about it anyway?
That just seemed very stupid to me.

Hopefully episode two is MUCH better. I had really high hopes for this series, but man, the first episode flopped... hard.
Dec 31, 2018 2:54 PM

May 2017
Secluded_Flame said:
Felt very generic for the first half... Then, the second half did a complete 180 and was completely pointless for doing so. Also, I hated pretty much every character, outside of the MC.

Hopefully episode two is MUCH better. I had really high hopes for this series, but man, the first episode flopped... hard.

Hating every character is pretty normal since everyone is a dick.
Don't you notice the amount of discrimination towards the MC? The false accusing is just the trigger.

**Orange ball bad**
copyrightRingoDec 31, 2018 3:01 PM
「ボクは…確かに現実に絶望している。だけど、自分には絶望していない!! 今がつまらないか…楽しいのか…平凡なのか…決めているのは現実じゃない。決めるのはボクだ!!ボクが望めば不可能はない!!」-桂木桂馬
"True, I've given up on the real world. However, I haven't given up on myself!! The world doesn't get to decide whether my life is boring, fun, or ordinary because that's my decision to make!! As long as I have the will, nothing is impossible!!" -Katsuragi Keima
Dec 31, 2018 3:12 PM
Aug 2018
I get that, but the other three heroes were pretty much pointless for the entire episode. You can take them out (so far) and it wouldn't have changed a thing, hardly.
Dec 31, 2018 3:30 PM

Aug 2013
Not a bad start.

The women falsely accusing him was a total bitch.

Looking forward to this.

Dec 31, 2018 3:49 PM
Sep 2016
Secluded_Flame said:

It's okay to hate everyone aside MC and armory guy, they are all dicks.

About the rape accusation, yes, there was nothing he could do. You will see why later on, because it's spoiler.
Dec 31, 2018 5:04 PM
Aug 2018
Gotcha.

As long as it gets explained, I'll eventually let it slide. I was just very puzzled about what took place. There wasn't any serious type of discipline that could be done, so accusing him just seemed utterly pointless.
Dec 31, 2018 5:24 PM

Jan 2017
wow this is trash, jesus christ. 2/10, at least it has some art but damn, this is HORRIBLE. so bad I had to come here and say it sucks
Dec 31, 2018 5:37 PM

Mar 2017
Holy shit, I went into this with super low expectations of them just completely ruining this story, but man was I surprised how well they adapted this so far. I'm super hyped to see the upcoming episodes for this, I have high hopes that this will be one of my favorite anime series out for a long while.
Kitsu - Waifu:Lilly Satou
Insert Useless Text Here
Are you a female, speak a language outside of english, and have a lot of built up anger? Then why not send me a hurtful message full of your burning hate for my existence. Leaving an english translation is optional, all hate is appreciated.
Dec 31, 2018 5:56 PM

Dec 2010
I'm not done with the first ep but I'm confused.
Shield = tank, no?
Tanks are useful AF.
Why are these people hating..?
Dec 31, 2018 6:40 PM

Oct 2012
This is why you should carry a gun with you at all times for one you get pulled into another world
Dec 31, 2018 6:54 PM

May 2010
Reminded me my first time playing an mmorpg as a tank where no one want to pt with me :/

That con bitch!

Dec 31, 2018 7:15 PM

May 2017
Pknoctis said:
I'm not done with the first ep but I'm confused.
Shield = tank, no?
Tanks are useful AF.
Why are these people hating..?

There's a deep reason for that, it'll be explained throughout the show so you gonna have to be patient for that

To explain it in minor spoiler
LairucremDec 31, 2018 7:19 PM
Dec 31, 2018 7:20 PM
Jul 2018
kuddlesworth said:
That was complete generic shit.
u probably think that cuz the rape accusation is way to close to our real world lol
Dec 31, 2018 7:52 PM

Dec 2013
Nuba said:
wow this is trash, jesus christ. 2/10, at least it has some art but damn, this is HORRIBLE. so bad I had to come here and say it sucks
But why tho. Give some reason at least.
Dec 31, 2018 8:15 PM
Dec 2018
mieloasecas said:
Nuba said:
just a troll or sjw member
Dec 31, 2018 9:45 PM
Jan 2017
Decent first episode. I liked the art style of this show but i watched it on kissanime and I feel like some of the subtitles weren't the most accurate? like a few things didn't make sense?
Dec 31, 2018 9:56 PM
Apr 2016
Haha Kinema Citrus strikes again. Animation, soundtrack and pacing was on point. The hype is worth it.
Dec 31, 2018 10:27 PM

Dec 2014
This was great, fantastic start.

Wait a second, the MC was transported to another world without dying? What is this newfound blasphemy? xD

I like the premise, sounds interesting and I guess the game like mechanics were to be expected.

I knew it, I knew from the very start, the moment that girl joined him, I knew she was plotting to rob him of everything. I was just wondering when she would do it, to think that she'd go with such underhanded methods. I first liked Motoyasu, but if he actually plotted this with the girl like Naofumi suspects then he's dead to me. I don't know about the other two but if they were in on this as well then they're dead to me as well.
I totally felt Naofumi's sentiment at the point he realized everything, if those guy were out to bring him down like this then he has zero obligation to fight for them. He could leave them all for dead for all he cares. Unfortunately the only way back for him is with the others so now he has no choice. That said, Naofumi got played a little too easily, he should've been more cautious but I guess I can understand why he let his guard down after being treated as the 'hero'.

I also kinda feel bad for Naofumi who's grown cold, to the point he find buying a slave much more appealing that trying to find actual companions but I suppose this will make his growth a lot more endearing to watch. Great setup so far, I'm excited to see more and I can't wait for the moment where Naofumi shows the rest of the world who's boss. It's gonna be so damn satisfying.

Dec 31, 2018 10:28 PM
Jun 2017
I LOVE THE PRE AIR EPISODE OF SHIELD HERO!!! as an isekai fan, i love the story of this one. i hate those who made that shield hero look bad!!! anyways im looking forward to next episode...
Dec 31, 2018 11:16 PM

Nov 2014
Is episode 1 supposed to be 45 minutes long, as I just started it on gogoanime as Crunchyroll doesn't have it yet
Kyon: Hey. It's me. We meet again. [Thinking] So it really was you.
Yuki: What are you doing out here? And why?
Kyon: [Aloud] Funny. I was just about to ask you the same exact thing
[Yuki struggles to look for an answer.]
Yuki: A...walk?
Kyon: [Thinking] That's not true. That's not true, Nagato. You were tired. You'd had enough of Haruhi's nonsense. Getting dragged all over the place. You were tired of protecting me. And you were tired of whatever else you had to do. Stuff we didn't even know about. The fatigue from all those things just kept building up.
Dec 31, 2018 11:19 PM
Feb 2017
I wasn't about to overlook this one but I took a look to see if it was any good. This opening 45 minute episode felt like a 20 minute episode, the series is looking like it will be very promising, can't wait for episode 2.
Dec 31, 2018 11:43 PM

Aug 2018
it's good for 1st episode,
but i was hoping dark black hatred shield-boy expression.. unfortunately i cant feel it in part shield-boy want back to his world.. but its good enough
Jan 1, 2019 12:09 AM

Oct 2015
It's been 3 years since I've read this. It's fine so far
Jan 1, 2019 12:22 AM

Oct 2015
Congintive said:
Swagernator said:
Oh look another rpg fantasy where MC is a "bad" guy.

How many girls will he be having in his harem again?

Why u always have that negative mind towards Isekai this is definitely not a Harem well, I guess u gotta see that yourself to believe it though.

I just hope that u don't drop it early on

>not a harem
objectively wrong but ok
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Jan 1, 2019 1:06 AM

Aug 2008
Bright eyed, naive twat turned into dead eyed, pragmatic asshole by the realisation what dicks most people are? And he buys himself a slave because they can't betray you? Nice, that's my kind of protagonist. I just hope it will have 24+ episodes, so it doesn't turn into rushed butcher's jobs hacking away most of the character development. Game isekai are usually garbage with awful world building but hopefully non standard MC will make up for that.

On a side note, if the source material wasn't 5 years old, I would think the whole cunt betrayal matter could be a metoo commentary...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jan 1, 2019 1:46 AM

May 2017
Aniteku said:
mieloasecas said:
just a troll or sjw member

The guy gave Goblin Slayer a 10 but gave this a 2 in just the first episode lmao nuff said
Jan 1, 2019 3:00 AM
May 2018
You should probably know this before reading the rest but the first episode is good and you should totally watch it. It had the storyline going in the right direction, good animation, and good soundtrack. However, for a 40 minute episode they really dragged out the information that they could of given in 20 minutes. To be exact, this 40 minute episode only covered the first 2 chapters of the manga and that’s it. The pacing of the anime from just seeing the first episode is really slow. I’m hoping it picks up more. They could of done much more in this episode. For what it is though, it is good still.
Jan 1, 2019 3:05 AM

Jul 2017
WOW...definitely worth the hype levels that have been building up for the past few months.

MC isekai-ed just like Rimuru, but the obvious change was the hero turned anti-hero turned lone wolf hero.

That long 45 minute duration was a near perfect premiere episode to capitalize on the premise of Naoyuki Iwatani being the centre of the whole series.

Definitely one of the best isekai stories to date although setting is still generic, but hopefully things will take shape soon! Really can't wait to re-watch the official subs to come.
Jan 1, 2019 3:06 AM

May 2014
Meh i dropped it 7 minutes in. Didn't care for it at all.
Pages (12) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2019

298 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 17, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2019

236 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 17, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2019

379 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 17, 4:30 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2019

418 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 16, 10:32 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2019

440 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 16, 10:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.