Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 27, 2018 7:14 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
First episode preaired today.

It's a pretty neat start considering the way they introduced the world fiction content and some character building already. We meet Naofumi whose life changes drastically after being summoned as a hero. Might have to get used to his voice but it definitely suits him as a protagonist. The part about the shield plays a major part to his character gimmick. Some of the other heroes gets some cameos but we'll find out more about them soon.

So he gets asked to save the world so no doubt this story will also focus a lot on that. Really has a lot of potential tbh. Animation quality also looks solid on most parts so I hope they can keep that level of consistency.
Stark700Dec 28, 2018 6:36 AM
Dec 29, 2018 7:06 AM
Dec 2018
I must say that I'm impressed with the quality in this episode and hope that it will be this good till the end though.
BarnaldApr 25, 2019 10:50 AM
Dec 29, 2018 7:33 AM
Dec 2018
I just watched the pre-air that was just on AbemaTV (apparently ep 1 - approx 45 mins) though I wasn't able to catch the first 5 mins or so since I started late.

I quite liked it - so far very good quality as mentioned before, and I really like the fact that the music in that 2nd PV was also used in the actual show as well (although used slightly differently).

Voice acting seemed pretty good - at least I can't think of anything negative, everything seemed on point.

That 45min period got up to the part where he first sees Raphitalia, so so far the show has been fairly slow-paced(?), its definitely not rushing/skipping anything but then again this is the intro/opening episode, so we'll have to see whether it keeps the same pace.

Looking forward to the official start (which should be 2hours?), but that's basically 2 weeks away so cannot wait!
Dec 29, 2018 7:59 AM

Jul 2013
Misekato said:
Looking forward to the official start (which should be 2hours?), but that's basically 2 weeks away so cannot wait!

What do you mean by this? If you're talking about the official starting ep 1 in the next 2 weeks, it's a double-length ep, so basically the same pre-air ep 1 that you just watched.

EDIT: If you're talking about it taking up 2-hour timeslot, I'm guessing the rest of it will be a special with the cast or something else.
EasyGo-erDec 29, 2018 8:08 AM

Dec 29, 2018 1:00 PM
Dec 2018
EasyGo-er said:
Misekato said:

What do you mean by this? If you're talking about the official starting ep 1 in the next 2 weeks, it's a double-length ep, so basically the same pre-air ep 1 that you just watched.

EDIT: If you're talking about it taking up 2-hour timeslot, I'm guessing the rest of it will be a special with the cast or something else.

Ah, you're right - the two hour special only seems to apply to AT-X, which will most likely mean that its an extra hour of additional stuff like cast related stuff. Damn, that means effectively a three week wait!
Dec 29, 2018 1:00 PM

Sep 2017
Poor guy got false accusation of rape and treat badly by others.

"Orange ball bad"
Dec 29, 2018 2:11 PM

Mar 2014
Pre-air is out already. I already expected great things from Kinema Citrus but I was still blown away nonetheless. Pacing felt great. Soundtrack, animation and direction were solid. Orange balloon memes looked badass. They spent a bit more time on this part of the story than I expected, which is a good thing. Fingers crossed for consistency.

Dec 29, 2018 5:41 PM

Nov 2016
Myne that bitch

The others were scummy as well.

Pretty promising start. I'm afraid that I'm hoping for too much, but this seems at least decent compared to other isekais.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 29, 2018 7:37 PM
Jul 2017
Pretty good first episode and adaptation , Ishikawa Kaito Is doing a very good work as Naofumi. Animation was good and OST was phenomenal. Looking forward to see the next episode in 2019.
Dec 29, 2018 7:58 PM

Apr 2018
it was an ok episode, i hope it gets better and more interesting later
Dec 29, 2018 8:37 PM

Jan 2018
FMmatron said:
Myne that bitch

The others were scummy as well.

Pretty promising start. I'm afraid that I'm hoping for too much, but this seems at least decent compared to other isekais.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
ArdanazJan 4, 2019 12:30 AM
Dec 29, 2018 9:02 PM

Jul 2013
I didn't read the manga or LN, it's pretty good for an isekai.
にゃす!
Dec 30, 2018 12:19 AM

Dec 2015
The magic status is very mmorpg-ish like in Death March anime.....
Dec 30, 2018 6:55 AM

Jan 2018
This is one of the few anime that's able to make me hate most of its characters (not because of bad quality, but personality) on first episode. So far so good and i hope it'll maintain it till the end. Might read the manga.
I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Dec 30, 2018 10:21 AM

Mar 2016
Well yeah, that woman is totally a bitch I want to see dead, well more like almost everyone. I really like how Naofumi is like a bad guy or anti-hero in the this series, something fresh for an Isekai IMO. BTW, who is the person that was watching the 'hearing' in the shadows? Could it be an ally or an enemy? The wait for the continuation it's gonna kill me, but I'll be patient.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Dec 30, 2018 11:53 AM
Nov 2018
Pretty good animation, i'll follow this until the end.
Dec 30, 2018 12:38 PM
Mar 2018
Just watched it, and having read the LN, it surprised me how it is an almost word for word adaptation, pretty neat. I really liked the animation, seiyuus and ost so far, and they have 24 eps for this plus the first one was great so I wont worry that they'll rush things for now, pacing was perfect.
I wasnt convinced with Ishikawa Kaito in the role of Naofumi, always imagined him with a more raspy/low or monotonous voice (like Takuya Eguchi with 8man) but he's pretty good and I see myself getting used to it in a couple eps.
Really promising so far, worth the wait since that PV back in 2017
Dec 30, 2018 2:04 PM

Sep 2018
I'm surprised that Kinema Circus is taking their sweet time on the pacing, which isn't a bad thing at all. In fact, I welcome it and appreciate how the episode isn't just skimming over stuff. The animation is well done. The variety of color schemes and music complement each other to establish a convincing atmosphere.

With the pacing the first episode took, I'm guessing that Raphy's little arc will take 2 episodes.
Dec 30, 2018 2:06 PM

Aug 2014
That was a good adaptation for the first episode, im impresed, but I didn't expected to see Raphtalia this episode.

The best part is the OST.
Dec 30, 2018 2:07 PM
Jul 2018
Finally, this is one of the best anime of the season already for me if they dont fill it with too much fanservice cuz its another isekai. Manga and novel didnt have that so i hope the studio isnt gonna ruin it.
Dec 30, 2018 10:46 PM

Nov 2016
I hope each episode 50 minutes long.
Dec 30, 2018 11:40 PM
Dec 2015
Just finished 1st ep RAW courtesy of Japan's VIP screening on the streaming platforms like Niconico, Hikari TV, dTV.

And it's good, really. Above average.

Whether it'll be a big thing or not I think it'll easily get minimum of 8.0/10 here on MAL. Sure, it has a solid source material, but still, not every adaptations of even the greatest materials were good & successful. And this one is def. not disappointing, from the pilot at least.
Dec 31, 2018 4:24 AM

Apr 2016
Oh look another rpg fantasy where MC is a "bad" guy.

How many girls will he be having in his harem again ?
Dec 31, 2018 4:28 AM

Jan 2018
Swagernator said:

How many girls will he be having in his harem again?

Why u always have that negative mind towards Isekai this is definitely not a Harem well, I guess u gotta see that yourself to believe it though.

I just hope that u don't drop it early on
Dec 31, 2018 4:30 AM

Apr 2016
Congintive said:
Swagernator said:

How many girls will he be having in his harem again?

Why u always have that negative mind towards Isekai this is definitely not a Harem well, I guess u gotta see that yourself to believe it though.

I just hope that u don't drop it early on

I dont know man, its just every time i see something like this, i feel like i already watched it.
Dec 31, 2018 5:08 AM

Jun 2009
quiet nice start like it soo far
Dec 31, 2018 6:56 AM

May 2017
She hasn't appeared yet but
Dec 31, 2018 7:57 AM

Nov 2016
Lairucrem said:
She hasn't appeared yet but
thats weird to spell Raphtalia
Dec 31, 2018 8:06 AM

Mar 2018
Obvious betrayal was obvious
Dec 31, 2018 9:15 AM
Jul 2017
That was complete generic shit.
Dec 31, 2018 9:27 AM

Feb 2013
kuddlesworth said:
That was complete generic shit.

you have problems, that's why
Dec 31, 2018 9:54 AM

Jul 2014
The main male and female lead seiyuu's... Mai and Sakuta ver II!
Dec 31, 2018 10:28 AM
Apr 2017

This is the reason I watch this anime.
Dec 31, 2018 10:46 AM

Aug 2011
Still watching the episode currently but I got to say when reading the book, Naofumi reach the Sheild Hero part only to find it blank...we know what happened next but its like it's saying "This section is for you to write"
Dec 31, 2018 10:47 AM

Sep 2018
Swagernator said:
I dont know man, its just every time i see something like this, i feel like i already watched it.

That's hardly an excuse when there are more than enough chapters in the manga adaptation to do some background research and make a more informed judgment.
Dec 31, 2018 10:50 AM
Apr 2016
I usually hate substanceless "another fantasy world"s, but here we do get the substance, and while it is not all that profound, it exists. So I at least don't trigger myself. AND then there is that plot about shield being useless (as seen by the bonjins) and the Hero starting from zero, ostracized by society. And quite cute fox raccoon girls or something. And there is also a female waiting for a big smack. Quite something to look forward.
Oh and please stop letting (or at least uploading) subtitles from NOT literate enough primates. It... pains me deeply.
Daniel_NaumovDec 31, 2018 11:01 AM
Re:formed
Dec 31, 2018 10:53 AM

Jan 2017
Well that was rage enducing. But I gotta say I'm happy about the personality flip it made our protagonist go through, at first I wasn't really into any of the characters, but now I feel like at least the shield hero has my interest. I feel like the series has a potential (plus with all that hype behind it) to be better than average isekai. Hope we'll also get a good you played yourself moment for the girl, and the spear hero too at least.
Dec 31, 2018 10:57 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I'm guessing this is following the LN because a lot of the events of this episode happened a bit differently in the manga (Which isn't a bad thing imo), like that scene where they were comparing Japans....Did not know that the heroes were all from alternate universes

But yeah, the anime did a good job making me remember why and how much I despise that bitch, the other heroes and this entire kingdom (Save for the armory store guy). I wanted them all to die then and I still do now.

The way Shield Bro handled everything post being accused is interesting since he didn't exactly react as angrily as he did in the manga, but I like it nonetheless. Plus his attitude afterwards is pretty much the same as I remembered, so its all good

Not sure how I feel about the colour scheme they went with yet but animation and art wise it's pretty decent and the music is very nice too (Looking forward to seeing and hearing both the OP and ED when the anime officially starts airing)

All in all, they managed to pack a lot of information in this first episode, so based off of what I remember of the manga, adaptation wise this was pretty solid, so I can't wait to see more of Shield Bro and Raph's adventures

P.S. I'm definitely watching this episode again, because the subs were kinda bad lol....Pretty sure Shield Bro and Lance-cunt are 20 and 21 respectively
Dec 31, 2018 11:00 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
-Stray said:
Now THAT just put a huge smile on my face.....This is pretty freaking awesome since Mai and Sakuta are my favorite couple of 2018
Dec 31, 2018 11:00 AM

Mar 2016
How to make your main character a cold hearted jerk 101
Dec 31, 2018 11:01 AM

Jul 2017
omg episode 1 was amazing, felt to short for 45 mins, everything after the the false claims was amazing, cant wait for ep 2
Dec 31, 2018 11:02 AM

Sep 2014
Well, I enjoyed this first episode more than I expected. I think Ishikawa did a pretty good job as Naofumi. I lol'd at the SAO reference from Matusoka's character. Anyway, we got to see Naofumi getting betrayed by the bitch and was falsely charged for rape something that isolated him from the rest of society. At least we got best girl's debut at the end. Kinda hilarious that both seiyuus were also the leads in Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai from last season.
Dec 31, 2018 11:03 AM
Apr 2016
Ryuseishun said:
Only temporary. He will just rub himself off that fur and warm up to everyone even thought hey call him a certain bill. It always happens this way.
Dec 31, 2018 11:08 AM

Mar 2016
Daniel_Naumov said:
Ryuseishun said:
Only temporary. He will just rub himself off that fur and warm up to everyone even thought hey call him a certain bill. It always happens this way.

Yea, I know, he'll eventually warm up like any other initially hardened character in most shows I've watched in the past.
I just thought the setup for his character was obvious but pretty well-done.
Dec 31, 2018 11:09 AM
Apr 2016
Ryuseishun said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Yea, I know, he'll eventually warm up like any other initially hardened character in most shows I've watched in the past.

Yes, I'd take this for any other generic "another world" where they just start with some ultimate skill aaaaand it loses most meaning.
Dec 31, 2018 11:11 AM
Nov 2018
I just hope that they animate naofumi's facial expressions in detail especially the antihero expressions are the best. So far so good have to wait for episode 2.
Dec 31, 2018 11:12 AM

Aug 2011
I'm sooo hype for this series. I really want to marathon it. I wonder if I can stay away for a while the do just that at a latter date? Loved the episode and it all gooes well, it will be just as good as the original (WN I'm taliking as that's what I read not including the manga).
Dec 31, 2018 11:13 AM

Mar 2016
Daniel_Naumov said:
Ryuseishun said:

Yes, I'd take this for any other generic "another world" where they just start with some ultimate skill aaaaand it loses most meaning.

Oh, I see. You didn't like Tensei Shitara, then?
Cause the mc there does start out with pretty busted abilities, but the worldbuilding and introduction of characters and pacing of the story is really good so far.
Dec 31, 2018 11:19 AM

Nov 2017
That was a solid first episode. It was enough for me to pique my interest. I'm just hoping that this is gonna be proper adaptation from the source material and they aint gonna fuck it up. Its gonna be two cours show which is kind a dope. The only problem would be the waiting every week. Oh and i hope the "shield" of justice to fall on these pathetic assholes.
Dec 31, 2018 11:21 AM

Dec 2013
Time to let the thot patrolling begin.
Pages (12) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2019

270 by SanessyAdversary »»
20 minutes ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2019

355 by SanessyAdversary »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2019

190 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 6:17 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2019

300 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 5:16 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2019

288 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 4:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.