Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Goblin Slayer (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Dec 30, 2018 12:58 AM

May 2010
papsoshea said:
Talk about anticlimactic, everyone should read the manga if you're a fan of GS because this part is much better there. This was so weak. The Goblin Lord much better in the manga, this battle was executed poorly.

Well, that is the end of this garbage, good riddance. Lucky Conception and My Writer My Sister aired alongside it or else it would take home the "worst anime of the season" award.

In a few months, it will be forgotten.

2/10 - review: https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=297308

What chapter does it end?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 30, 2018 1:00 AM

May 2015
Lol it's funny how everyone's just watching the pros fight.

"Why didn't you post a quest?"
"It's simple. No one came when it happened to my village. The same thing might have happened this time. There were no guarantees, so I had to trust in luck."
Makes sense. Who would accept a quest where you have to deal with puny goblins? This is something that the series excelled at. If you were a random guy who posted a quest to deal with goblins, chances are no one would help you with such a simple task. However, if you were the Goblin Slayer known for slaying goblins and you asked for help to deal with goblins, then people would definitely understand you knowing that despite your skills in goblin slaying, this is such a task that you won't be able to handle on your own.

Yay he took off his helmet for everyone to see! We didn't need to see his eyes though. It's best kept that way.

Goblin Slayer...The story of a man whose sole purpose is to slay goblins. I'm actually quite pleased that this story took this direction behind the average joe rather than being a chosen one. One of the things I liked about this was the introduction of the hero who slayed the demon lord. In the usual anime adventure story, we would always see this one chosen hero who would journey off to defeat the ultimate villain. In this anime, that story was sidelined because we pretty much know how it will end. But this anime shows the life of a local villager in the same realm as the hero but only does one specific job. It's a nice change in direction from the usual hero-beats-villain story, and I appreciate that. The art was not bad. I mean they made the goblins pretty grotesque unlike the usual little green man that you commonly see. The animation was also decent especially when they put the budget in on certain episodes. The characters had their short moments, but they all revolved around the Goblin Slayer which was nice. But the story being told behind the average man's perspective is what made the series for me. Goblin Slayer will return eh? Alright then. I'll be waiting.

Final Verdict: Ruthless Genocide/10

Dec 30, 2018 1:03 AM

Oct 2007
Ah what can I say. Sweet moment when Goblin Slayer slowly slits the throat of the Goblin Lord with a broken sword, a much deserved end for the most misogynist gob.

Spear Man really brave, did he calculate that the gob champion he was facing would narrowly miss with the chain anchor? Witch just smoking, she knows Spear Man can handle it alone.

Priestess really matured throughout their adventures. Looking forward to seeing more of her together with GS.
Dec 30, 2018 1:05 AM

Aug 2013
Welp that was a fun ride, it stayed true to itself till the bitter end. GG GS, later. 6.5/10
Don't believe the hype.
Dec 30, 2018 1:38 AM

Feb 2011
idontknowsarcasm said:
Hatsuyuki said:
Absolute shit show of an anime. White Fox & KADOKAWA wake up and make another season of Re:Zero and never touch this garbage EVER again.

4/10

-
because re:zero is G0oD 4m 1 R1ghT

Much better than this, at least.
Dec 30, 2018 1:41 AM

Oct 2007
TheBigGuy said:
Nice finale. If you think, that Priestess would spare you, think again.

She still has a long way to go to get some sense into Goblin Slayer. She was cute, how she slept and asked him to remove his helmet.

I certainly don't mind a sequel, be it an OVA, movie or second season.

The priestess from episode 1 would have spared the lord. However, the priestess from this episode would totally not spare him. She has levelled up. :)
Dec 30, 2018 1:42 AM

Aug 2014
Hatsuyuki said:
idontknowsarcasm said:

-
because re:zero is G0oD 4m 1 R1ghT

Much better than this, at least.

Rezero is amusing to watch.
We got some character development and the world itself trying to build.
Although it's frustrating returning to checkpoint everytime least your character aren't isn't a Tin-can that only wanted a goblin head.

But what can you do? It's the goddamn tittles ..
And all this 12 episode seems like prologue.
Dec 30, 2018 1:46 AM
Jun 2015
welp I still enjoy it tho so I'll just give it a 7
Dec 30, 2018 1:57 AM

Dec 2014
the finale with somewhat of a face reveal..... and the grandour...
Dec 30, 2018 2:23 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
For me, the best anime of the Autumn ´18, the Great Surprise and I am ready to watch the second season!!!
Dec 30, 2018 2:34 AM

Oct 2018
i dont know what the problem a lot of people have with this anime ,they're trying too hard on hating it and posting their under 5/10 review and wanting people to agree with their opinion , i can imagine those people wait untill this discussion appear on the forum and just paste their hate on it ,i mean you cant dislike a review and if maybe 100 people like the review another 200 that dislike it cant do anything about it

really enjoyable series ,hope season 2 got 18+ rating so people can stop complaining about the gore and sexual stuff in it ,which actually got toned down after episode 1 cause they only need it to make the viewer hate the goblin nothing else

i gonna give this 8/10 for the amazing character in it and a plot that somewhat non existent but fit in pretty nicely
and then i remember this is not an isekai and a actual fantasy guild adventurer without video game mechanic

so overall 9/10 ,screw those guy that give it 2/10

Edit : i hope they got more budget for the animation in season 2 ,first episode was godly and then somewhere in the middle i just wondering "White Fox ,What the hell are you doing? Re:Zero looks REALLY GOOD what are you doing here?" ,probably just short on budget ,at least its not the worse this season
PsyKhiDec 30, 2018 2:42 AM
Dec 30, 2018 2:48 AM

May 2018
Don't worry everyone!
gObLiN sLaYeR wIlL rEtUrN
Dec 30, 2018 3:03 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
That was a great ending, I definitely needed to wash my memory of that horrible conclusion of “Conception”, and this was much more than I was asking for. It sucks though we never got to see his full face, I really love how all the other people at the bar were saying those weird comments on how they thought Goblin Slayer was a woman or even worse a Goblin, I feel that encapsulated a lot the community's theories on him prior to knowing his backstory.
Really going to mess this Anime, it had its problems, but God did it nail what it set up to be. I'm calling it season two is already on the work, that's the only way I viewed the “Goblin Slayer will return” announcement at the end.

Review: https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=297460
EoussamaDec 30, 2018 4:02 AM
Dec 30, 2018 3:10 AM

Jan 2012
when u look at bob irl for the first time
Dec 30, 2018 3:19 AM

Dec 2017
Thanks to our know-it-all Gary StuGoblin Slayer, Cow Girl and the farm were saved from the Goblin's attack. Also, there doesn't seem to be any casualty on the adventurers' side. (Honestly, for a series that meant to be dark and edgy, it sure was strange.) Now that the goblin slaying is over, GS can finally get back to his harem. :>

Now it's hard for me to choose between Goblin Slayer and Tokyo Ghoul:re S2 to be the anime of the season Fall 2018. Anyone has thoughts?
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Dec 30, 2018 3:22 AM

Sep 2018
The episode was not as epic as I had imagined it and how it was supposed to end with a bang an anime party well and badly finished, the only thing I appreciated the entire eposode, were the words said at the end of the episode. For absurd, even if I did not like this anime series, I await the second season with a bit of interest. I wonder if we'll ever see the protagonist in the face.

6.9/10 my vote.
Dec 30, 2018 3:35 AM

Jul 2012
That was pretty good finale, especially second part. Didn't expect that 2nd season will actually happen, interesting.

About the battle, this episode how they were just crushing goblins, as it probably should be for high-ranked adventurers, it was quite strange. What was that plan for the most part, they are living in the village and nearby so they would've probably destroy those goblins as they were approaching. Thought that i was wacthing them gathering and planning out which was mostly not needed.

Overall i liked it, some moments felt much more weak compared to manga, but surprisingly enjoyed it more than expected. 7/10
Dec 30, 2018 4:09 AM

Feb 2014
And there we go. The final episode did deliver some bloody brutal action, as I'd expected it to. =3

Goblin Slayer did have a tough time in a one-on-one against the goblin lord, but he was prepared for this scenario as well. As he laid on the ground, injured, Priestess came along and trapped the goblin lord with ease. His begging was very hollow, as shown in a flashback of when the lord was a young goblin, spared by an adventurer and he repaid her by killing her.

As such, he was not spared as Goblin Slayer got back up, and stabbed the goblin lord in the throat with his broken sword. A fitting end to a scumbag goblin like him.

The scene at the guild was pretty fun, though. The Priestess asked for Goblin Slayer to take his helmet off and surprisingly, he did, which got the attention from the amusingly drunk Elf Archer and all the others. Us viewers only saw his lower half of his face, but seeing him smile at the end was nice. =)

Overall, this show has attracted a lot of attention, some for the right reasons, and some for the wrong reasons, but for me, I had fun. At times, the constant use of CGI for Goblin slayer's model has been annoying and the character development has been lacking at times, but some fights have been fun and brutal to watch, plus the great soundtrack that made the fights more enjoyable. Another thing I enjoyed were the interactions within Goblin Slayer's party, whether it was on an adventure or on certain slice-of-life scenes.

I'm glad that there's more Goblin Slayer to come, going by the message at the end of the episode, so I guess the jokes are on the haters. =P

7/10.
Dec 30, 2018 4:16 AM

Mar 2016
So there ll be second season if i judge from the end screen ! Waiting for it :D

Dec 30, 2018 4:43 AM

Apr 2016
Overall, I think it was a good watch. It's nothing grandiose but still enjoyable.
Enjoyed Goblin Slayer's character especially when he's interacting with people.

There are scenes that felt lacking in terms of impact (like the Ogre scene) though.
I also think the rearrangement of the events was decent.
The animation was OK but it could've been better and I would've probably enjoyed it more.
I really like the OP and the ED was quite good too.

Looking forward to its return! :)
Dec 30, 2018 4:55 AM

Sep 2017
While I dont't think the series is as bad as some might say, the adaptation of this compared to the manga is painfully average. However, I can't say that I didn't enjoy some of it. I still think that GS is a very interesting character and the base premise of showing how terrifying even the weakest monsters can be is still there. But it's just better to read the manga.

5/10.
Dec 30, 2018 5:08 AM

Feb 2014
The ending caught up to the hype with damn good soundtracks for the finale.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Dec 30, 2018 5:43 AM

Jun 2013
Season 2 confirmed!

I enjoyed this. Love how Priestess suggested that GS take off his helmet, he did and everyone's reaction was amazing.

I'm definitely going to start reading the manga and light novels from now on before the second season is released.
臭い-
Dec 30, 2018 6:14 AM

Nov 2017
I loved this ending! The OP and outro of this anime were great aswell! 7/10

plz @ me
Dec 30, 2018 6:33 AM

Jul 2015
Funny series and likeable characters. Good junk food of the season.

7/10

Dec 30, 2018 7:24 AM

Nov 2013
Liddo-kun said:
TheBigGuy said:
Nice finale. If you think, that Priestess would spare you, think again.

She still has a long way to go to get some sense into Goblin Slayer. She was cute, how she slept and asked him to remove his helmet.

I certainly don't mind a sequel, be it an OVA, movie or second season.

The priestess from episode 1 would have spared the lord. However, the priestess from this episode would totally not spare him. She has levelled up. :)

She probably would. But, yeah, not anymore. I also like, that the newbies got some experience in fighting goblins. A few more people, which will not underestimate them.

By the way, I like your username and avatar.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Dec 30, 2018 7:46 AM

Feb 2012
Great ending. It's so refreshing to see a fantasy anime play out like this.

Fantasy anime have been plagued with bullshit for a while and attempts to do something a little more serious have failed, like Grimgar (which was good, but it felt empty).

Tons of character, great plot, interesting message to take away.

They knew what they wanted and they executed it excellently. Enjoyed every episode and looked forward to them each week. What more could you want?

Very happy to see that it got greenlit for season 2. I'm confident in this team's ability to execute a second season. Can't wait.
Dec 30, 2018 8:50 AM

Aug 2008
I sure hope different studio (with actual budget and time to use it) and staff (with actual writer and director) get the second season. Could be Darker than Black with simple story but instead turned out to be Darker than Black 2 only with characters you give shit about.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Dec 30, 2018 9:00 AM

Jan 2013
I liked it....Have nothing to complain about or compare it against as the LN & Manga readers have.

<Don't think they'll ever understand how it's easier to illustrate vs. animate with factors such as budget and time.>

Dec 30, 2018 9:09 AM

Sep 2011
The moment that I was waiting for. Goblin Slayer showing his face to everyone!

Dec 30, 2018 9:14 AM

Feb 2017
Second season hype! GTFO Haters!
it could be better than this.
7/10

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Dec 30, 2018 9:53 AM
Jul 2018
What a nice episode and ending. I'm so happy that Goblin Slayer will return.
Dec 30, 2018 10:20 AM

May 2016
And once again we have an anime that in all honesty is very well done but is in the middle of controversy. Earlier this year it was Darling In The Franxx, now it's Goblin Slayer. These are two animes that have a deeper impact on morals and philosophy yet people don't take the time to understand it because... they don't understand anything themselves.

But seriously, Goblin Slayer did exactly what it wanted to do. It's a simple story of a broken man who's past trauma drives him to be who he is. But through the people and the quests they he meets along the way he begins to see a light leading from his darkness.The premise is so simple yet most people just can't seem to it. This anime does an excellent job showing just how harsh and cruel the real world can be and how we tend to be very ignorant of it. Yet people don't seem get this either.

Here's a piece of advice for the more "mature" side of the audience. If you see comments and reviews complaining how much a piece of media sucks without going into exact detail why along with brushing off every other people's different and treating their opinion as superior to others and mocking those very others for not sharing the same opinion as them, ignore them. While they're not necessarily bad people, these "trolls" not only don't know what they're talking about but they have no idea just how cruel the world can be or how bad life can get. They may be intelligent, but they have a severe lack of experience. Their patterns suggest two-dimensional thinking.

And as for the people complaining about the "unnecessary" fanservice in this anime, you think the fanservice is overdone here? Try watching High School DXD and then compare it to Goblin Slayer. When it comes to fanservice High School DXD has no shame whatsoever. Goblin Slayer on the other hand, has some dignity.
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Dec 30, 2018 10:22 AM

Mar 2017
Nice way to end the show with removing Goblin Slayer's helmet and showing his face to everyone (except us lol). So he's handsome huh :3
Aside from all the controversies and stuffs people had to say about this show, it was actually a pretty good show.
"Goblin Slayer will return". So there might be a second season.
7/10
Dec 30, 2018 10:49 AM
Nov 2017
Honestly
Its cool to admit how difficult his past was. But grasping the plot with the past seems good but not satisfying enough
Nice work. 7/10
Dec 30, 2018 11:51 AM
Nov 2018
Antanaru said:
I sure hope different studio (with actual budget and time to use it) and staff (with actual writer and director) get the second season.
Yeah, that's just dumb, switching would be ridiculous. Anime is successful, they already announced they will keep working on it.

What "second season" you are talking about? Didn't you say "they are not planning to ever make a sequel with a clusterfuck of writing like that, that's for sure?" I see you are enjoing your crow.

And these "recommendations" about making anime from some rando on MAL are hilarious. ANN: "Takaharu Ozaki (Persona 5 the Animation -The Day Breakers-, Girls' Last Tour) directed the anime at WHITE FOX. Hideyuki Kurata (Read or Die, Made in Abyss, Kamichu!) was in charge of series composition and penned the scripts alongside Yousuke Kuroda (Jormungand, My Hero Academia). Takashi Nagayoshi (Girls' Last Tour animation director) designed the characters." Indeed, what all these people know about making anime. Antanaru to the rescue!
Dec 30, 2018 11:57 AM

May 2015
I get what a wanted. It could be better, it could be worse. 7/10.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 30, 2018 12:34 PM
Jul 2011
Was hoping the finale would be better animated considering they took a break with that recap episode. The manga is doing a better job with the LN source material with its awesome looking action panels. Also the lack Goblin Lord's perspective of events during battle and showing his origin of upbringing just made the final attack on him kind of underwhelming.

Regardless the village battle was a highlight anyways because it brought together a lot of the guild adventurers and gave them somewhat more of a understanding how important slaying goblins actually is despite those type of quests not giving as much glory as killing dragons, demon lords, etc and such. Best part was Goblin Slaying explaining why he asked (damn near begging) everyone for help instead simply posting a quest and giving a sly smile after finally accepting he's not alone at the end of everything.

They confidently announced a second season is a good thing I guess, the series must be doing good. Hopefully the season season will look better.
Dec 30, 2018 1:41 PM

Aug 2008
FreezePeach said:
Antanaru said:
I sure hope different studio (with actual budget and time to use it) and staff (with actual writer and director) get the second season.
Yeah, that's just dumb, switching would be ridiculous. Anime is successful, they already announced they will keep working on it.

What "second season" you are talking about? Didn't you say "they are not planning to ever make a sequel with a clusterfuck of writing like that, that's for sure?" I see you are enjoing your crow.

And these "recommendations" about making anime from some rando on MAL are hilarious. ANN: "Takaharu Ozaki (Persona 5 the Animation -The Day Breakers-, Girls' Last Tour) directed the anime at WHITE FOX. Hideyuki Kurata (Read or Die, Made in Abyss, Kamichu!) was in charge of series composition and penned the scripts alongside Yousuke Kuroda (Jormungand, My Hero Academia). Takashi Nagayoshi (Girls' Last Tour animation director) designed the characters." Indeed, what all these people know about making anime. Antanaru to the rescue!
I have some good advice for you. One: fuck off you little tosser. Two: don't leave your basement or you might realise people have opinions, not only in comment sections on the internet, but also in real life. Your barely working mind might not withstand that revelation.

Second season that was indirectly announced at the end of the episode. If it's actually happening after this trainwreck, it might as well be done by someone who won't screw it up so much.

Did you really mention P5 anime as something putting people responsible for it in a positive light? Damn, too bad you didn't dig more in bios and bring up marvellous productions such as Terra Formars, Ano Natsu, Phi Brain or some shoujo...

Good thing these people have some retard hiding behind month old, empty account defending them or a scathing comment on some gaijin website might cause a mental break down or even suicide. Then some other dipshit would blame me for it.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Dec 30, 2018 2:26 PM
Nov 2018
Antanaru said:
I have some good advice for you.
What makes you think I need your advice? You are obviously delusional moron, my opinion about you is very clear. Stick your advice where sun doesn't shine.

Antanaru said:
Second season that was indirectly announced at the end of the episode. If it's actually happening after this trainwreck, it might as well be done by someone who won't screw it up so much.
See, that's the thing, they DID NOT screw up. Try to get it into you head. That's why we are talking about second season. You know, the one you thought was impossible.

Antanaru said:
Did you really mention P5 anime as something putting people responsible...
It is clearly marked as quote from ANN. I don't know much about P5, but I suppose you don't like it. I may want to watch it then. No other objections then? I'd say your opinion about these people is still irrelevant.

Antanaru said:
Good thing these people have some retard hiding behind month old, empty account
Account has nothing to do with anything. I see, you have nothing to defend your ridiculous "opinion" about writing, so you have to resort to personal attacks. Just P5 reference felt weak (and it is), so you tried to dig more. Pathetic and dumb, but that is to be expected. Sasuga Antanaru.

Antanaru said:
or a scathing comment on some gaijin website might cause a mental break down or even suicide
Nah, that was exactly my point - no one in the world cares about your dumb "opinion." Don't worry about it.
Dec 30, 2018 5:32 PM
Apr 2017
I don't know why but I feel like this was the best ending of the season.
Dec 30, 2018 5:32 PM

Aug 2018
I literally have no idea how anyone who have read the manga could give the anime something above a 7/10. As for those only anime viewer I clearly see it and respect all their opinions and have no problem with even the show getting a 10, but this serie sooooooo badly adapted it drives me crazy.

"But original material is irrelevant when you judge an adaptation", in fact : YES IT IS RELEVANT or otherwise I could record a bunch of somalians with ak47 on a boat in the middle of the antlantic ocean and call it "ONE PIECE" and say I have the rights to call it that way cuz they are pirates in it.
If you adapt something you need to keep the subject and the concept of the original work to prove your respect to the author or what your adapting. Here they did it well on most of the parts, designs are respected, the story is the same, characters keep their personallity etc all of this is fine.
But for the rest HOLY GOD I don't even have the time to review how many things the anime forgot to put that were SO IMPORTANT for the development of characters and plot of the GS in general.

*VERY MINOR SPOILER ALERT* For an example the intimate scene between GS and CowGirl when they are both at home and he's cleaning up his equipment. In this moment there are A LOT of interesting lines and infos of their relationship alongside showing us an other view on GS character when he's not killing goblins AND IT IS IMPORTANT SO WHY THEY CUT THIS OFF ?! *VERY MINOR SPOILER END*

And then you see episode 12 when they make him removes his helmet the end of the season like it was A BIG REVEAL OMG HE SHOWS HIS FACE IT'S INCREDIBLE while the manga knows the original author DO NOT GIVES A SINGLE F*CK about his face and that's why you can see it in chapter 10 or something because the IDEA ITSELF of Goblin Slayer is that he could be anyone in their world not one designated person but just a random guy who got his like traumatized by goblins. It's even more obnoxious WHEN THE EPILOGUE ITSELF TELLS YOU THIS SO WHY DO YOU HAVE TO MAKE US THINK HIS FACE REVEAL IS SOMETHING IMPORTANT WHILE IT'S THE MAIN POINT OF THE STORY THAT IT ISN'T ARRRGHHHGHGH.

ANYWAY Goblin Slayer is love, Goblin Slayer is life : read the manga (which I give a 9) or the Light Novel (I haven't read but can only be good because it's the original) but the anime does not make honor to those 2 at all and became impossible to enjoy once you read them unfortunately. (The craziest thing I'm thinking of is that perhaps the manga is also a bad adapation for LN readers and that means they shouldn't have adapted the thing at all)

P.S: For those who thinks season 2 will be soon OH BOI I bet my left kidney it will not be aired before 1 or 2 years considering they 100% used the manga as a storyboard and the whole manga currently drawned as been put in these 12 eps for now so they'll have to wait volumes 2 and 3 got adapted into manga before doing it into anime. Only LN original parts in the anime are with the heroine which represents 2 minutes of the total lenght of the story.

Tl;Dr: I don't know why have I wrote this I'm going to kill myself thank you and have fun watching any anime you like.

Dec 30, 2018 5:59 PM

Apr 2018
joshua10red said:
Well this was a great dark fantasy anime. They showed the true nature of goblins, not like the slime show.
Can't wait for season 2

Final score 8/10
(BTW . is that Konno Yuuki ? )
I thought the same since she showed up first
Dec 30, 2018 9:12 PM
Aug 2018
Was such a chore to finish this show.... don't know how they made it so boring. The characters were also so boring. Only char I liked was the spear guy. The cow girl was useless and just looked like a slut...
Dec 30, 2018 10:18 PM
Jan 2016
Nice finalle!

The fight by GS against Goblin Lord was awesome, i tought he would deal with him alone, didn't expect Priesstess appear to finish Goblin Lord, i am glad that GS development made him more "Human" to trust in other like he did with Priesstess!

Fights from veterans were amazing to watch, more the fight with Paladin and the Warrior (dont know their names)!

Last part was really funny and awesome, everyone celebrating about their win against that goblin horde, and the moment when Priesstess asked GS to remove the helm and show her face, reaction from everyone was priceless, and dont forget about Guild Girl reaction, was so adorable!

I am glad they anounced S2, waiting for it!
Dec 30, 2018 11:01 PM
Aug 2018
Why is everyone acting like critics up in here, well anyway I like the anime it kept me interested with the plot and characters and honestly those slice of life moments made me smile. Honestly all the people being like “awful, boring, piece of shit anime” are honestly dumb and are the kind of people who hate SAO only because they want to sound edgy
Dec 30, 2018 11:02 PM
Aug 2018
DirectorK said:
And once again we have an anime that in all honesty is very well done but is in the middle of controversy. Earlier this year it was Darling In The Franxx, now it's Goblin Slayer. These are two animes that have a deeper impact on morals and philosophy yet people don't take the time to understand it because... they don't understand anything themselves.

But seriously, Goblin Slayer did exactly what it wanted to do. It's a simple story of a broken man who's past trauma drives him to be who he is. But through the people and the quests they he meets along the way he begins to see a light leading from his darkness.The premise is so simple yet most people just can't seem to it. This anime does an excellent job showing just how harsh and cruel the real world can be and how we tend to be very ignorant of it. Yet people don't seem get this either.

Here's a piece of advice for the more "mature" side of the audience. If you see comments and reviews complaining how much a piece of media sucks without going into exact detail why along with brushing off every other people's different and treating their opinion as superior to others and mocking those very others for not sharing the same opinion as them, ignore them. While they're not necessarily bad people, these "trolls" not only don't know what they're talking about but they have no idea just how cruel the world can be or how bad life can get. They may be intelligent, but they have a severe lack of experience. Their patterns suggest two-dimensional thinking.

And as for the people complaining about the "unnecessary" fanservice in this anime, you think the fanservice is overdone here? Try watching High School DXD and then compare it to Goblin Slayer. When it comes to fanservice High School DXD has no shame whatsoever. Goblin Slayer on the other hand, has some dignity.

Bravo 👏 well said
Dec 30, 2018 11:35 PM

Jun 2012
Great anime, hopefully they deliver on that promise of Goblin Slayer being back.
Dec 31, 2018 12:20 AM

May 2013
Fun ride indeed C: Only ep 1 and 7 were intense. The rest were pretty mellowed out. I wish it kept it that gory and uncomfortable, but I liked it nonetheless :D

I WANNA KNOW WHAT'S IN THE POCKET. IS IT SUNSHINE????? (jks) xP but yee.

Goblin Slayer is like a reverse Kakashi ahhah ;P We only get to see his bottom half. Show. Us. His. Ikemen. Faceeeee~~~
I ship him with any of the girls except for Sword Maiden, lulz. Never liked her for some reason, esp when she came onto him. YiKES .-. I like him the most with Priestess or Guild Girl ^.^

Lizardman and his cheese + ice cream is simply adorbs <3 love him~

8/10. Leggo S2!!!!!!!!!! >:D
Dec 31, 2018 1:50 AM

Jul 2014
Still kinda annoyed that even in this final episode they still didn't let us see his face in full, even when he finally revealed it willingly. That aside, a solid final episode to a show that has been decent but pretty inconsistent amidst a controversy that was always overblown from the beginning. I'd be okay with a second season if we end up getting one later on (which seems likely based on that ending message).

7/10
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

288 by Ronin_Alx »»
Apr 18, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2018

195 by Miki42 »»
Apr 1, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2018

382 by azzther »»
Feb 26, 8:15 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2018

992 by Devonnius »»
Feb 22, 8:54 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2018

197 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 10, 5:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.