Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Goblin Slayer (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 29, 2018 3:14 PM

May 2014
one of the few shows i could bother to keep up with this season. ya the story wasnt anything new but it was enjoyable and the characters were good. surprised and look forward to a 2nd season. also any idea who the ending narrator was? it sounded like yuki aoi but she wasnt in this season maybe the voice of a character for next season?
Dec 29, 2018 3:38 PM

Aug 2011
Nurguburu said:
I don't about you guys, but to me it's ok.

At least, it's better than Slime.

7/10 for the anime.

Actually, the slime is the best for this season. Why, Simply because they're not rushing it. If an anime adoption doesn't rush things, it will always be a great adoption.
Dec 29, 2018 3:39 PM

Apr 2015
Overall pretty good Anime! Was honestly hoping to see a bit more action in the final episode. Gotta love when Priestess admits she had her eyes closed the whole time when they did "you know what"... Loved how everyone was so shocked when GS took off his helm while Cow Girls is just like "I have seen it many times already!"

I think I'll give it a 9/10, bit biased but heck I don't really care XD Don't have much to complain and it entertained me quite well!
Dec 29, 2018 3:54 PM

Dec 2013
hassasin-1001 said:
It was not as good as the manga but it was still good.

Manga was pretty bad compared to LN.
I mean, all manga adaptations of LN suck by default.
Dec 29, 2018 3:57 PM

Sep 2016
I thought this was an episode thread not a salt mine...

Anyways, it was a nice enough conclusion for a nice enough show. 6/10
I'll be expecting that second season or movie or whatever they announced in the endcard.
One man is no more than another, if he do no more than what another does.

Dec 29, 2018 3:58 PM
Mar 2017
The Final battle begins, and Goblin Slayer is ready to kill his prey.
Epic final episode in my personal opinion and i'm gonna miss this anime, the action in Goblin Slayer felt more real than other fantasy animes.
The Goblin Slayer fight against the Lord Goblin turned out to be a fight of endurance.
On the other hand, Heavy Swordsman and Female Knight are another good duo, their teamwork was great and they defeated the Goblin Champion in the best way, Spearman also show off and eliminated the other Goblin Champion.
Goblin Slayer resists all the Lord Goblin's attacks until he manages to seriously injure him, but he remains at the mercy of the goblin, but before he hurts GS even further, Priestess immobilizes him and Goblin Slayer assassinates him. Lord Goblin's flashbacks disgusted me, the damn bastard was an expert in beg for mercy from female adventurers, is the explanation of why he get to Lord, with deception and abuse, but seeing that his fake tears did not take effect on Priestess gave me great satisfaction, well done girl, you grew up as an adventurer thanks to your savior.
The sun rises and is the signal that they get the victory against the horde of the bastard monstrosities.
The victory party was very entertaining, High Elf drunk is always very fun to watch, I also insist that seeing Goblin Slayer and Priestess together is very moving, they give the image of being brother and sister, the same thing happens to me when she is with Cow girl, they give that feeling of being sisters. I loved the speech Priestess gave to Goblin Slayer, who from now on will not be alone and would always have the help of his friends and other adventurers, I also love how Priestess asked as a reward to see him without his helmet, it was very selfish and tender on her part and her reaction when she saw his face was very adorable, the same with High Elf who announced to all adventurers of the great event, her reaction was very fun, Guild Girl also took this great opportunity. It seems that Goblin Slayer is a very handsome man, since the girls were very impressed and the men too, the funny thing was to hear that there was a bet to know if GS was male or female, and to see our hero smile was a good closing for this final episode.
What I loved most about this anime was that it gave us a darker vision of being an adventurer, the real consequences of underestimating your enemy and looking down at having knowledge and strategy as weapons. The soundtrack was spectacular, I'm going to miss listening to the opening every Saturday, which is incredible, as far as animation was quite good, although there were a few problems, but who the fuck cares. In the end, 8/10 for this anime, this thanks to the soundtrack and High Elf with Sword Maiden. The end of the episode left me with high expectations and we can expect a second season, an OVA or a movie, but whatever it is, it will be welcomed by this person.
Dec 29, 2018 4:26 PM

Oct 2015
So Goblin slayer couldn't defeat the lord all by himself, I must say I was a bit disappointed since he deals with goblins only. That lancer guy was way more impressive than him, I guess GS needs to expand his narrow mind. Too bad I didn't see his face, I wished for it for a long time. That was a great moment there in which I didn't get to be apart of. I hope to read the manga soon after this anime season.

Even though this had low rating, I still think it was the best show out there and my favorite. I'm not for the popular show person like the bunny girl anime, but Goblin slayer was the best series and more realistic than those typical adventurer anime. People who hated or gave it a low rating just didn't like the reality it displayed. You may come up with stupid theories on why the show sucked, but the fact of the matter is you hated it because of the harsh reality it contained about monsters and vengeance. If monsters really existed like goblins they would be that way and some people would grow a hate if they do this to their loved ones.

I'm glad I watched this anime and will watch season 2 whenever it airs even when I'm old, I'll be waiting MR Goblin Slayer. People were hyping anime like Bunny girl over this, I'm glad I didn't watch it and won't watch it ever. It must be a stupid anime and MAL should take it out of my recommended anime, because I skipped it on purpose.

9/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 29, 2018 4:26 PM

Jan 2017
A slayers adventure, since he wanbts to becone an adventurer now.. episode qwqas kinda anti-climactic for a finale but they pulled a Halo on us -only qshowing the chin area of goblin slayer, much like master chief.

Anyway, big tits left small tits and gobn slayer alone; has she conceded? Does this mean the maiden and goblin slayer will get together. What the damn hell.
Season two cannot come any sooner, I need to know how he looks OMFGFGKHKGGKGKGKGK
Dec 29, 2018 4:49 PM

Mar 2010
Great anime, really enjoyed it. Cant wait to see a 2nd season. The comment about that spear user "seeing him somewhere before" intrigues me...

Also would love to see a short anime about the 3 characters who "saved the world".
Dec 29, 2018 4:56 PM

Oct 2010
Overall I'd say it was slightly better than average. There was no real sense of danger after episode 1. This made it pretty dull for me (same with Slime). But it was still fun to watch.
Dec 29, 2018 5:00 PM
Mar 2015
Goblin Slayer was something I looked forward to every week. Hopefully it will get a season 2
Goblin slayer was true to himself in the end destroying the lair and taking down the Lord to destroy the goblin problem at its roots
Glad he trusts the Priestess well enough to put his life in her hands. The reward of seeing his face was great
Dec 29, 2018 5:16 PM

Jan 2017
AwesomeAlfie27 said:
I don't know what is funnier

The abnormous amount of reviews that are rapidly made or pathetically prepared in advance just to give this show a 1-2-3 rating(Which nothing, from an objective point, deserves)
or
People attacking other people because they like the show saying that their taste sucks or that this show is "dull" or has "no character" but not explaining why, they don't even know what they're talking about
ahahaha indeed, its a pathetic race for whoever can say goblin slayer is bad first to look cool and get some free points
FrazsDec 29, 2018 5:21 PM
Dec 29, 2018 5:19 PM
Oct 2018
papsoshea said:
Talk about anticlimactic, everyone should read the manga if you're a fan of GS because this part is much better there. This was so weak. The Goblin Lord much better in the manga, this battle was executed poorly.

Well, that is the end of this garbage, good riddance. Lucky Conception and My Writer My Sister aired alongside it or else it would take home the "worst anime of the season" award.

In a few months, it will be forgotten.

2/10 - review: https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=297308

-
you can't say that is garbage and give it a 2/10
the "garbage" quote has to be used in something you do not find anything good.
it is also contradictin, as i said, giving it that score and calling it garbage.
"I know anything goes here...
but this...
this is clearly not fucking okay...!"
-Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu
Dec 29, 2018 5:24 PM
Oct 2018
Hatsuyuki said:
Absolute shit show of an anime. White Fox & KADOKAWA wake up and make another season of Re:Zero and never touch this garbage EVER again.

4/10

-
because re:zero is G0oD 4m 1 R1ghT
but this...
-Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu
Dec 29, 2018 5:29 PM

Aug 2018
This finale was about as close to perfection as I’ve seen in any media.
Dec 29, 2018 5:36 PM

Aug 2018
MoonFox said:
Great anime, really enjoyed it. Cant wait to see a 2nd season. The comment about that spear user "seeing him somewhere before" intrigues me...

Also would love to see a short anime about the 3 characters who "saved the world".
Two or 3 episodes ago Spearman did see GS when GS was getting his armor repaired.

#NotHaruhi and sidekicks defeated the demon lord 2 episodes ago (maybe 3), and they led off one of the episodes where they saved the girl that was about to be sacrificed
Dec 29, 2018 5:40 PM

Nov 2017
Well,I enjoyed it,I enjoyed most of the season,and that's all that counts.
Dec 29, 2018 5:58 PM
Oct 2018
papsoshea said:
idontknowsarcasm said:
you can't say that is garbage and give it a 2/10
the "garbage" quote has to be used in something you do not find anything good.
it is also contradictin, as i said, giving it that score and calling it garbage.
Yeah I can. Because I found something worse than trash:

1. https://myanimelist.net/anime/37823/Conception
2. https://myanimelist.net/anime/36632/Ore_ga_Suki_nano_wa_Imouto_dakedo_Imouto_ja_Nai

I dare you to watch these anime.

-
how dare you say that i did not see both?
but this...
-Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu
Dec 29, 2018 6:12 PM

Jun 2017
The fact that he wasn't able to defeat the Lord himself was kind of disappointing, i expected a power-up or unleashing his power but i expected too much

For the rest...A fitting end, if you ask me
"Goblin Slayer will return" - I wouldn't mind a second season
Dec 29, 2018 6:24 PM

Jul 2016
You know, those "original material people" (which I am part of btw) are really annoying. "The manga did it better", "the LN did it better"...

Seriously, we always get those annoying people in any adaptation. I judge what we see for what it is.

If I wanted the original material, I would read the original material.

It appears that a S2 is likely, which I am pleased. Though a logical swap (Farm arc and Sword Maiden arc), I felt that the final Arc was not as strong as the Sword Maiden arc. Perhaps they could've dedicated an extra episode to it. It was a missed opportunity to make the actual "epic" battle actually "epic".

Dec 29, 2018 6:25 PM

Aug 2018
Rating this show 8/10. (I tend to be a generous btw) Solid plot and character development, nothing too crazy though. Show was enjoyable for me and I don’t understand the hate. Last two episodes were good in my opinion.

Overall good show for FALL anime 2018.
Happy for season 2! #GoblinSlayerSan
am1llsDec 29, 2018 6:30 PM
Dec 29, 2018 6:27 PM
Nov 2018
Thought it was a pretty mediocre episode in terms of what it did with the fights. I also kinda wish it was the priestess doing all of that on her own. It would have shown her learning. It was an awesome moment though to have her show up and crush that goblin.

It was a good arc to end on but they should have given us a little more of the fights with the big goblins. It also felt weird in terms of the intensity and mood of the episode.
Dec 29, 2018 6:28 PM

Jun 2017
Pretty decent finale. The fight scenes were cool. The segment with the Hero's party talking about Goblin Slayer felt a little contrived and awkward, but the ending was heartwarming.
Dec 29, 2018 6:29 PM

Oct 2017
Good job priestress, you went from peeing yourself to killing a Lord

Dec 29, 2018 6:33 PM

Mar 2012
This series is a bit difficult to define. It probably would've been better if Goblin Slayer's characterization is more believable and if the series isn't literally 90% about goblins, but it's not a bad series if you look at it purely from the perspective of an adventurer's everyday life. Hope the second season will at least move away from the goblin focus as Goblin Slayer goes on a real adventure.
Dec 29, 2018 6:35 PM

May 2018
Season 2 confirm! Wish we could see his face too, oh well.
Dec 29, 2018 6:40 PM

Oct 2012
Really enjoyed this show and looking forward to new ingenious ways to kill goblins (and they do deserve to be slayed). Also, like how the Goblin Slayer is (very) slowly opening up... becoming more human. Human contact is good for this guy. So, while not in my top 5 of the season it's probably in the top 10.
Dec 29, 2018 7:05 PM

Jan 2013
It was a great episode but i was expecting a little more, but i guess it would be hard to fit it all inside one episode. Like i wish they've shown the battle against those giant orcs and show that it was hard to even for the best adventurers, it seemed all way too easy. At least the GS's fight was epic!
Don't get me wrong, i loved the episode but i wish we had a little more.

And in the end, even the fight against that guy was all his plan xD damn!

Everybody's reaction when GS took his helmet was so funny xD I thought that the Priest wanted to kiss him haha
Watching them all celebrate was so great! What an episode.

@Stark700

8-9/10

That ending scene! I knew they would announce a 2S! Can't wait!

"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 29, 2018 7:09 PM

Mar 2015
I love that they had a betting pool on what Goblin Slayer actually looked like :D
The sword that takes life gives life
Dec 29, 2018 7:17 PM

Oct 2013
First of all I'm glad that the creators told us about the future of Goblin Slayer anime now instead of waiting some time. Now we know that one day we will be able to see other adventures of Goblin Slayer and his friends, which made me really happy. It was to be expected and I actually believed it could happen (new episodes, I mean), but you never know - many 12-episodes long animes ended way quicker than their manga, without a chance for continuations. Why it was to be expected? Because manga goes slightly ahead of the anime, and Light Novel - from what I read - is really far, far away in terms of the plot.

About the episode itself, it was a good finale. I'm really glad we had a cameo of Female Adventurers' who defeated Demon Lord. Plus we had action scenes, bloody last stage of the battle, joyful celebration and emotions between literally everyone. Entire battle as seen in ep. 11 and 12 along with this episode's solidarity between adventurers was well adapted. I can't tell the same about Goblin Lord, though. His character was portrayed properly, but compared to the manga it was poorly adapted, sadly. His background story (present in the manga) when he ran through the forest in the beginning of the episode was cut off; the story of his axe was cut off entirely; slideshow of his past as a little, slick goblin who survived by his own hands, was rather average (dynamic and meaningful yet it could be done better looking on how it was in manga). Without these important elements Goblin Lord was another "boss of the stage", who differed only on how much troops he had under his command.

"Goblin Slayer" gave me a lot of entertainement, plus I really enjoyed the concept presented in this show. I think giving it 8/10 score will be fair.
AdnashDec 29, 2018 7:24 PM
Dec 29, 2018 7:26 PM

Aug 2018
zannett said:
This series is a bit difficult to define. It probably would've been better if Goblin Slayer's characterization is more believable and if the series isn't literally 90% about goblins, but it's not a bad series if you look at it purely from the perspective of an adventurer's everyday life. Hope the second season will at least move away from the goblin focus as Goblin Slayer goes on a real adventure.
hahahaha you may have missed the point. Spoiler: the title of the series gives a subtle clue about the contents of the series.
Dec 29, 2018 7:40 PM

May 2017
an average anime through and through.

I don't think I ever watched a entire season of an anime where nothing, and I mean literally nothing happened. This show has zero depth and zero story. It's all about following 5 uninteresting shit characters around while they slay goblins.

I mean actually... This anime might have been somewhat good in another studio's hands with amazing fight scenes and a better directing. But what we got instead was a total production failure. It screams terrible scheduling and production all over the place.

I expected them to atleast do something flashy in the season finale but nah. We got 1 or 2 decent cuts and that was it.

Characters? bad.
Animation? bad.
Music? nothing out of the ordinary.
Plot and progession? Non-existend.

Heck they didn't even show us his face. Ohh noo!! now I definitely need to watch the second season.. Im so excited, I need to know how this journey continues. -said no one ever.

It somehow wasn't bad enough for me to drop it but it never really managed to become anything else but... average if not bad.
Dec 29, 2018 8:12 PM
Aug 2017
GOOOOOOODDDAMN . Wheres his face at tho tf
Dec 29, 2018 8:34 PM

Mar 2014
Nice episode! I really loved the anime's premise about a "filler" character focus all his time in killing goblins while the real "hero" goes to kill the demon king with those Dungeon & Dragons elements.

Looking forward the next season!
Dec 29, 2018 8:38 PM

Jul 2016
It was ok, got some extra points just because he ended up showing his face to the rest.
Whose voice was the one at the end btw? The girl narrating
Dec 29, 2018 9:01 PM

Apr 2015
I feel like the rest of this season made episode 1 look totally unnecessary. What is the point of that gratuitous assault scene if the rest of the show didn't give any sense to how terrifying the goblins were? The only time I kinda felt danger was that big Orc or whatever he used the scroll on and the eye thing. Not to mention, the tone it set was a dark one but it kind of became a comedy (?) halfway through with all the goblin slaying jokes. The fighting and strategy behind the goblin slaying was interesting but like what was the point of setting up this gritty fantasy tone only to ignore it for the majority of the series? It just cheapens the first episode a lot and makes it seem you used controversy to draw in viewers. It was a fine show but didn't seem like they knew where to take it.
Dec 29, 2018 9:07 PM

Aug 2018
nigerianmahogany said:
I feel like the rest of this season made episode 1 look totally unnecessary. What is the point of that gratuitous assault scene if the rest of the show didn't give any sense to how terrifying the goblins were? The only time I kinda felt danger was that big Orc or whatever he used the scroll on and the eye thing. Not to mention, the tone it set was a dark one but it kind of became a comedy (?) halfway through with all the goblin slaying jokes. The fighting and strategy behind the goblin slaying was interesting but like what was the point of setting up this gritty fantasy tone only to ignore it for the majority of the series? It just cheapens the first episode a lot and makes it seem you used controversy to draw in viewers. It was a fine show but didn't seem like they knew where to take it.
oh Skippy, oh Skippy? Have you tried the Asian sodomy on the Royal Buffet? It’s mah-vo-less today.
Dec 29, 2018 9:10 PM

Aug 2018
shayed__ said:
an average anime through and through.

I don't think I ever watched a entire season of an anime where nothing, and I mean literally nothing happened. This show has zero depth and zero story. It's all about following 5 uninteresting shit characters around while they slay goblins.

I mean actually... This anime might have been somewhat good in another studio's hands with amazing fight scenes and a better directing. But what we got instead was a total production failure. It screams terrible scheduling and production all over the place.

I expected them to atleast do something flashy in the season finale but nah. We got 1 or 2 decent cuts and that was it.

Characters? bad.
Animation? bad.
Music? nothing out of the ordinary.
Plot and progession? Non-existend.

Heck they didn't even show us his face. Ohh noo!! now I definitely need to watch the second season.. Im so excited, I need to know how this journey continues. -said no one ever.

It somehow wasn't bad enough for me to drop it but it never really managed to become anything else but... average if not bad.
Ahhh my boy, slumming with the riff-raff again? Don’t you know I prefer my Chinese fried, not half baked! Now get back there and do it right!
Dec 29, 2018 9:15 PM

Nov 2013
Nice finale. If you think, that Priestess would spare you, think again.

She still has a long way to go to get some sense into Goblin Slayer. She was cute, how she slept and asked him to remove his helmet.

I certainly don't mind a sequel, be it an OVA, movie or second season.
TheBigGuyDec 29, 2018 9:26 PM
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Dec 29, 2018 9:23 PM
Jan 2017
Woww its the great anime in the season,, i love the ending,, when all the guild member kill all the goblin very easy, its all using goblin slayer starategic and tactic,, its cool when he open the mask and all the guild member can see his face,, but im not.. cant wait to next season i hope..
Dec 29, 2018 9:41 PM

Jul 2016
Zhexal said:
The fact that he wasn't able to defeat the Lord himself was kind of disappointing, i expected a power-up or unleashing his power but i expected too much

It is not a power-up type of show.

He is much more Shikamaru than Naruto.
Dec 29, 2018 10:09 PM

Feb 2018
A sweet victory for Goblin Slayer. I think there will be a surprise from Studio Whitefox for example they will display the face of Goblin Slayer as a whole.
Dec 29, 2018 10:17 PM

May 2018
MoonFox said:

He saw him in episode 10, remember? but he didn't know it was him.
Dec 29, 2018 10:18 PM

May 2018
Vindicater said:
Zhexal said:

It is not a power-up type of show.

He is much more Shikamaru than Naruto.

Also his fight with the lord was planned ahead. There's no reason to go 1v1 when you can do 1v2. He's not doing this shit for pride, he just want them goblins dead.
Dec 29, 2018 10:31 PM

Jun 2016
nice episode !!!

sadly no face reveal... but nonetheless this episode is great

hope we see goblin slayer season 2 !!!
Dec 29, 2018 11:46 PM
Apr 2012
I am the tiniest bit disappointed he didn't have another helmet beneath the helmet but since they'd already indicated he doesn't what're you gonna do.

Appreciated Priestess coming in clutch, she's come a long way in a short time.

Guild Girl could probably get me to watch a second season.
Dec 30, 2018 12:12 AM

Aug 2011
I liked the finale! Character development is amazing! Goblin Slayer is starting to get over his trauma. Feels so good man!
Also Goblin fights and boss fights are amazingly animated. Looks great and music is great too! Looking at you Overlord :D
Dec 30, 2018 12:24 AM
Aug 2016
For the most part this anime was bad to mediocre. Had too much fanservice and I didn't get the "dark fantasy" I was promised. The last 2 eps I kinda liked and I overall like the character of GS. Episode 11 was easily the best ep. As for this final ep, thefight with the lord was not that great but still "ok" I guess. I liked the scene where GS showed his face and everyone coming up to take a look at his face quite a lot.
The OST during the fight scenes was good tho they lacked variety. Some "sad" tracks I liked a lot e.g. the one used in this ep and in the first ep.
Animation wasn't really impressive.
The story isn't anything special and all the characters other than GS are generic.
Overall 6/10 for me or I guess 5/10. A fine/average fanservicy action anime that is pretty enjoyable and can be used to pass the time if I have nothing to do or watch.
Sagnik1004Dec 30, 2018 12:39 AM
Dec 30, 2018 12:25 AM

Nov 2017
- my damned GOD... NO FACE REVEALED.
- So... the goblin can made a baby through female human?
Now Loading.....
Dec 30, 2018 12:46 AM

Dec 2015
It wasn't a bad anime for me.
Could be better? Yes, of course. But I enjoyed this. It's a 8/10 for me.
I liked the last two episodes. The fight was entertainnig and OST fitted well.

Probably I'll read the light novel or manga someday.

Btw it would be interesting to watch the BD version for improved and uncensored scenes soon.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

288 by Ronin_Alx »»
Apr 18, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2018

195 by Miki42 »»
Apr 1, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2018

382 by azzther »»
Feb 26, 8:15 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2018

992 by Devonnius »»
Feb 22, 8:54 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2018

197 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 10, 5:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.