Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Dec 28, 2018 11:05 AM

Dec 2017
Gah. So close. They tease us so much just to not give us the kiss. Besides that, I feel the ending closed up a lot of issues and ultimately ended with a good note. Oof, still mad about that final blue balls scene.
Dec 28, 2018 11:12 AM

Sep 2015
This episode is so anti-climatic, it was really hard to watch. The second half totally kills the flow of this episode. This is what happens when you cramp unnecessary drama with unresolved problems in a single episode.
Overall, I don't think I have any issue regarding this anime except the weak ending.
Truth is absolute but human perception of truth is always relative.
Dec 28, 2018 1:03 PM

Dec 2014
This was really painful... My first anime in 4 months and I feel like shit. Which sucks, while is also great, because it seems I can still enjoy anime enough to shed a tear... or a liter of tears...Kaedeee (TToTT) ... This is going to be a slow recovery because I feel so bad for her, and her situation feels unsolved... "Tomorrow I will go to school during the day.'' - this makes is feel that it has no closure... if she knew it was her last day and accepted the result, it would have been sad, but because she had something left unfinished, despise genuinely wishing to do, it makes it tragical and that breaks my soul TT-TT ... I hope the movie will give her some justice, and at least Kaede recovers her 2 years of memories too, even if Moe-Kaede doesn't return and they mix their personalities, like this letting Moe-Kaede live on, in the current one. Thou, even a multiple personality situation could be ok... But at the same time, it was a beautiful end for Moe-Kaede... and she was happy... so I guess, I need to accept the conclusion, even if it hurts. I can't wait for the movie... while, I curse is a movie, because if it's launched in 2019, I will have to wait for it until 2020 when it's on DVD. I hope I will find some spoilers on Google tough...
Dec 28, 2018 1:17 PM

Jun 2017
The ending felt anti climatic and felt more like the end of a season than the end of an anime but I guess they are setting it up for a movie. I kind of liked that the uwu oniichan daisuki imouto is gone forever. Honestly that kind of character annoys me. But I liked how there is a sense of bittersweetness to the ending and the author didn't bother to restore the status quo.
AriavartanApr 15, 2020 12:35 PM
Dec 28, 2018 1:42 PM

Aug 2018
Kaede :(
So sad.
Anyway.
I loved this show.
Favourite Fall 2018 anime for sure.
Dec 28, 2018 2:20 PM

Jul 2015
What a show man.... This right here may probably be the best thing of the year!

10/10

Anyone knows if the movie is going to give an end to whole story, or could it get more?

I'll fade away and classify myself as obsolete!
Obsolete!!
Dec 28, 2018 5:20 PM
Apr 2018
Good show, could have been an amazing one if would've stayed like it was in the beginning. Mai's arc was by far the best of the show, Koga was also good but the next two just left me feel less and less. Kaede's arc was executed a lot better but still not comparable to the beginning.
Still enjoyed the show a lot and would recommend it to others to watch.
Dec 28, 2018 5:40 PM

Mar 2016
Great show. I’ll give it a 9/10. Also, the story has not ended, so it makes sense to end this season with the ending of Karde’s arc since we still have to cover Shoko’s arc in the movie to complete this chain of narrative. Overall, really liked it and looking forward to the movie and the salt being produced.
Dec 28, 2018 10:28 PM
Aug 2012
Dang, it's Kaede's final arc but she had less screen time than Mai.
Dec 29, 2018 1:01 AM

Feb 2014
I loved this anime. It was a pleasure to watch and I loved how all the relationships were handled, especially Sakuta and Mai’s. You don’t get a great relationship like this in an anime that often, it was really well done.

Probably my favorite anime of the season to be honest (either this or Jojo). This anime was a gem!

Can’t wait for the movie.

incisorr said:
fucking shitty garbage anime

unexplained magic everywhere

they stole from every anime they could

forced conversations

character breaking all the time

everyone is a smartass

if you rate this over 6 and the only reason why im allowing you to go up to 6 is because Mai is hot, the characters look good and they do try to sound somewhat realistic (if we exclude the fact that they don't acknowledge magic) then you have SEVERE issues and should probably be looked by a doctor

absolute dogshit anime

Dull the edge bud.

Spannerhead said:
To everyone posting The Great American Novel raging that this show is crap and overrated:

Your tears are delicious. ;) Keep it coming!

^ This!
Dec 29, 2018 1:13 AM

Dec 2008
I felt the ending was kind of a let down-they basically took Kaede's arc and tossed it down the shitter along with her. The series could have used a few more episodes to tie up the numerous loose ends in a much more satisfying manner. Still I liked the overall show despite a few weaknesses.
Life Is Short But Intense.
Dec 29, 2018 1:38 AM
May 2015
LOVED IT HOW EVERYTHING TURNED OUT! GREAT ANIME FOR THIS YEAR, 9/10
Dec 29, 2018 2:22 AM

Sep 2010
8.6 Rating?

I mean i also liked this Show and i get why People do but this is definitely somewhat overrated in my Opinion.. but well, it's just mine :)

Also the Ending was kinda meh
Dec 29, 2018 3:40 AM
Jul 2018
Boyfriend loved it. Me not so much.... It was okay just very generic to me... didn't really like the op or ed song either. 6.5/10.
Dec 29, 2018 4:36 AM

Apr 2014
Its kinda cheating that it's ended with a sort of "wait for the special". But what are you gonna do, eh?
Dec 29, 2018 4:44 AM

Jul 2017
Good show, probably better than most that's been released recently, though the ending was underwhelming. The first arc was still the best followed by Kaede's arc.

smell of coffee
songs of sleep

Dec 29, 2018 4:50 AM

Jan 2017
Series as a whole was pretty good
Not too sure about this conclusion though, feels like more time was needed to wrap things up better. Hoping for a season 2
Dec 29, 2018 6:46 AM

Nov 2018
I finally finished this anime. I'm gonna say: wtf Shoko came all of a sudden to help Sakuta and then left the place just like that. Is she a god of some sort or what? And to add, Sakuta didn't ask why for that! And in the end, this adolescent problem is still a mystery, or probably just a tool for the story like I said in episode around 3 or 4. The sudden stuff girl herself too. Oh wait, we have a movie announced prior to this TV itself, maybe explanation will happen? Probably will still be what I guessed in the end: a tool.

Nevertheless, I enjoyed this anime and I am wrong to take it seriously, but as a whole and I know this series is not finished yet I have to say 8.67 as of today's rating is way over my head. I'm guessing it's because of this couple for that? You tell me.

If I were to take this anime seriously, it can't be 7.
yuccasnpkDec 29, 2018 6:02 PM
Dec 29, 2018 7:31 AM
Dec 2018
It was so hard to say goodbye to these people. Kaede was lost forever....that made me really sad.
But otherwise, it had a good ending. If all things come to an end, I'm glad it ended like that. Kaede...she...the Kaede I fell in love with...died.

So sorry for Sakuta. He...misses her. But...I'm glad she left him the diary. I'm glad she accomplished all her goals. Glad she gave him good memories.

I'm sorry...I just finished watching...
Dec 29, 2018 8:17 AM

Jan 2018
I like that the made his first crush not real at all. That her presence was just made to ease his pain.
HALT CITIZEN
Dec 29, 2018 8:28 AM

Mar 2018
I enjoyed most of the show. Mai was bitchy but mostly likable. Kaede was sweet. Futaba was great. Sakuta was decent.

I hate the final episode. Losing the adorable new Kaede in favour of the much less likable old Kaede was supremely unsatisfying. But what really ruined this episode was the second half with Mai. She acted like a bitch, and Sakuta in turn acted like a spineless submissive wimp. What the Hell was he even apologizing for? If he didn't know her birthday then that was her fault. She should have told him. Their fight in this episode was her fault.

That almost-kiss was infuriating. Instead of progressing, I feel the romance has degraded, with Sakura decaying into a desperate boytoy. With a better conclusion to the romance I would have given this an 8, but the bait-and-switch-kiss makes me kick it down to a 6.

Futaba was a good character. She deserves more love.
Dec 29, 2018 3:04 PM

Nov 2014
I feel like shoko-san might be a part of sakuta's adolescence syndrome.. Just my guess though
SHIIIIZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Dec 29, 2018 5:55 PM

Jan 2013
This episode was saved thanks to that ending xD But still, it was a good episode.
I hope that Kaede will regain her memories in the future.
One of the best romance/comedies i've seen!

I will miss Sakuta x Mai moments for sure xD
Can't wait for the movie because now i'm curious about how important Shouko is for this story.
Mai - best girl of 2018.
9/10, and i hope the movie will be even better!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 29, 2018 7:07 PM

Jan 2008
XProtocol said:
I could not understand why Sakuta broke down when his sister got back to normal self. Was it because he thought his sister would forget all he and his parents had to go through..or..?

Also why he believed that he could not do much for his sister?

Last episode got me so confused :/

Seconded... I could understand some confusion because of the sudden change, sure, but ultimately... shouldn't Kaede going back to her normal self be a good thing? A relief, even? His outburst seemed completely ridiculous to me, running and screaming... cringy. -_- Almost as if he preferred the weaker Kaede over the normally functioning one? Enjoyed her completely depending on him and having a brother complex? Wtf.
Dec 29, 2018 7:48 PM

Jul 2015
I like those kind of characters who are not dumb as a rock and have a bit of sarcasm, but the story was weak sometimes.

Let's see how a Season 2 changes my mind about this series.

7/10

Dec 29, 2018 8:17 PM
Jan 2017
Its very hurt when i see shoko shan reading kaede diary book and looking to sakuta very depresed when he losing kaede who keep promise with him
Dec 29, 2018 8:57 PM

Aug 2018
sedtz said:
XProtocol said:
I could not understand why Sakuta broke down when his sister got back to normal self. Was it because he thought his sister would forget all he and his parents had to go through..or..?

Seconded... I could understand some confusion because of the sudden change, sure, but ultimately... shouldn't Kaede going back to her normal self be a good thing? A relief, even? His outburst seemed completely ridiculous to me, running and screaming... cringy. -_- Almost as if he preferred the weaker Kaede over the normally functioning one? Enjoyed her completely depending on him and having a brother complex? Wtf.

Empathy. A number of things:

1. When Kaede was accomplishing her goals, it was as emotionally taxing for Sakuta as it was for Kaede. He cares deeply for her and feels what she feels when she goes through it, but puts on a brave face to be her stronger older brother. He's not an emotionless robot, and the thought that all that he and Kaede went through together (everything we saw and so much more over the past couple of years of their lives) was for nothing was utterly devastating. All the pent-up emotion he held in for her sake during all Kaede's steps forward was just unleashed.
2. All the connections that Kaede had built with Sakuta's friends---Mai especially---were gone.
3. Sakuta probably thought that Kaede would be in the same place she had been before she lost her memories---easily affected by Puberty Syndrome and vulnerable to injury and again, all his efforts were for naught.

I don't know about you, but my response would be much like Sakuta's under those circumstances.
Set SCE to AUX
Dec 29, 2018 9:12 PM

Feb 2014
I turned a blind eye for the "puberty adolescence" nonsense and so I manage to enjoy this until episode 08, after that, it got uninteresting, boring and the drama felt forced.

It ended pretty average.

Koga best girl. Sadly she almost had no more screen time after her arc.

And what if the BUNNY thing even in the tile, cover..? It makes sound like it's an important thing hehe it happened just on a whim.

Started an 8 but ended being just "okish" ( 6/10 ).
This anime is overrated, imo.

TechOtakuDec 29, 2018 9:34 PM
Dec 30, 2018 1:59 AM

Dec 2014
ok wow that was somewhat of a fulfilling end...Yes A great anime of the season
Dec 30, 2018 3:35 AM

Nov 2018
Kaede's arc was touching, the older new Kaede grew on me, her determination built up nicely n sure was something. But the newer old Kaede is appealing on her own imo. Sad but it resolved on a good enough note.
Futaba best girl throughout n Mai best girlfriend for Sakuta.
This was consistent throughout, a good series. Shall watch the movie as well.
Dec 30, 2018 8:23 AM

Aug 2014
When his wound started bleeding I was thinking that we will be shown that all this was his imagination, and he maybe is dead or something?

I think that too much was left unanswered in each episode and not enough Mai screen time ;d I loved first few episodes more than later part. I lowered my vote from 9 to 8 ;(
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Dec 30, 2018 10:56 AM

Mar 2018
XProtocol said:

I think it's because without her memories she started from zero again as a new person. Sakuta was the only one who understood this and supported her which is why he gave her the "new" name Kaede (in hiragana instead of kanji).

When she regained her memories the new person she had become during the two years was gone and he felt he never had the chance to help her just like he couldn't help the old Kaede when she was bullied. And of course he'll never see her again so I can understand why he broke down like that.

This was definitely my AotY. Can't wait for the movie.
tokidoki921Dec 30, 2018 11:01 AM
Dec 30, 2018 11:04 AM

May 2015
No kissu at the end 0/10.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 30, 2018 3:13 PM

Mar 2012
This has to be one of my favorite series in a while. The plot itself is unambitious but well defined. The focus on the main cast (I think/hope there's eventually a Kunimi arc) really brought out their characters, and each of them was charming and likable in their own ways. The comedic element is smartly done--think when Mai slapped Sakuta instead of Nodoka and when Mai stepped on Sakuta in front of Nodoka. It's impressive they actually went through FIVE arcs in 13 episodes without it feeling rushed, but this probably means I should get to the source material one day. Overall just a very enjoyable series, low-stress and comforting to watch.
zannettDec 30, 2018 3:19 PM
Dec 30, 2018 6:28 PM

May 2015
Gotta admit that the first two arcs were the strongest, especially the first one. Nonetheless, I absolutely adored and enjoyed this show. The chemistry and interactions between Sakuta and Mai really stood out in this show, and it was such a lovely thing to see. One of the best shows this season, no doubt.

Looking forward to the movie. 10/10.

Dec 30, 2018 6:40 PM
Aug 2018
There wasn't an episode I didn't love. This anime is a masterpiece in my opinion. The characters and their interactions with one another are really well done. The pacing maybe was slightly too quick but they handled the show extremely good either way.

Definitely one of my favourite anime, if not my favourite. In my opinion, AOTY and a 10/10.
Dec 30, 2018 8:22 PM

Sep 2011
papsoshea said:
Very emotional, the connection between Sakuta and his sister ;(
This anime achieved in tackling social anxiety, I too wait with anticipation of the movie. Thoroughly enjoyed this series after having mixed feelings initially, especially before it aired.

9.5/10 - here's my review: https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=296928

Thanks for the review. I agreed with your opinion too. The final episode really gave me good experience of emotions. I was overall delighted with the show.

9/10
Dec 30, 2018 10:13 PM

May 2012
My ideal ending would have been Kaede finding the annual pass to the zoo that Sakuta bought her and regaining all her memories, and personality back from the previous "Kaede". It feels like they killed off the "Kaede" we all knew and loved.. Just like with Rio, Kaede could have had her two selves merged into one to make a happy ending! Instead, we got a very depressing end with a lot of unanswered questions...

-ZANGAI-
Dec 31, 2018 3:44 AM

Jun 2017
This episode was a roller coaster of emotions for me, but I'm glad that everything turned fine in the end, it's really sweet seeing Mai-san and Sakuta together cuddling in that snowy place. God I wish I was him, anyways, I'm excited for the movie. This anime is really good, ignore the shitposting haters who don't have anything better to do with their lives. 9/10
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Dec 31, 2018 2:22 PM
May 2013
pretty weak final ep. too much stuff crammed in, too much melodrama, not a satisfying resolution.
Dec 31, 2018 3:04 PM

Mar 2017
I will never ever forgive them for what they did in episode 13 at minute 22 44 seconds. Never ever never forever will I ever forget nor forgive them for doing that as long as I live and even after death.
Dec 31, 2018 7:43 PM

Aug 2018
Air-117 said:
I will never ever forgive them for what they did in episode 13 at minute 22 44 seconds. Never ever never forever will I ever forget nor forgive them for doing that as long as I live and even after death.

If the movie doesn't have the Kiss to End All Kisses, there are going to be riots in the streets... ;)
Set SCE to AUX
Dec 31, 2018 7:57 PM
Dec 2018
I personally like it, 8/10

The characters are likeable, the MC... I like him, idk with you guys, but maybe it's just a cultural difference, but it's normal to have a snark like "are you on period" on girls whom you are close to in my place.

The plot is good, Mai and Koga arcs are good, Futaba and Konoda arcs are mediocre, and Kaede arc is decent for me (although I can't relate to the MC outburst after seeing the Amnesiac!Kaede personality gone).

The science exposition is beyond terrible though, can't they just handwave it as "supernatural occurance that appears whenever a teenager faces a problem in their life"?

And originality? Honestly, I'm not an hardcore anime fan, I rarely watch animes, so i think the story is original for me
Alcor_The_FaintDec 31, 2018 8:03 PM
Jan 1, 2019 3:58 PM

Jun 2012
So what I think is, that Sakuta suffers from the syndrome too... His scars throbbing are his stress unchecked and maybe Shouko-san is a manifestation for him to cope with the stress? Maybe it's not that complicated... Really looking forward to the movie.
I think this was the best anime of the season hands down, no bad episodes, drama was really good, comedy too, story interesting and still has me hooked, nice job to the studio.
Jan 1, 2019 5:03 PM

Feb 2008
I enjoyed the show but as a romantic comedy instead of a supernatural puberty show. Actually disliked the first part of the last episode, though, because... well, I never liked his little sister.

Still, made me giggle at the highschool convos. Also, Futaba best waifu.

7/10
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Jan 1, 2019 6:07 PM
May 2013
uninstallthegame said:
despite the overwhelmingly positive reception, it still felt like quite an average show to me. taking bits and pieces from oregairu, monogatari, the time loop arc from haruhi and eventually not coming out as anything special in the end

what was quite a pleasant surprise at first just grew more and more stale over time and turned into an generic teenage drama show you could find anywhere now. it tried spicing things up with witty humor and "yeah, science, bitch!" but it felt so out of place and eventually it just got dumped in later arcs where imouto drama intensifies (especially when the dementia shit got thrown in)

but hey, lots of people ate this with a loud slurp and enjoyed it. 10's and 9's thrown in like this is some sort of masterpiece when in the end it's nothing better than AnoHana or other overdramatized stuff of that sort

opinions, amirite?
Jan 1, 2019 10:35 PM

Jul 2016
Man, it was a great episode. Especially the first part which was just incredible. It felt very emotional too. I knew Sakuta had a huge amount of stress and guilt on his back... to the point of finally break under his own mixed emotions. The scene where he just broke into tears under the rain was extremely well handled. And not to mention that the other scene where Shoko read Kaede's diary with him crying in the bath at the end was even more emotional.

This was such a great arc and although I will miss Panda Kaede (I really felt attached to her from the beginning, being honest), I think it's for the best since it would be nonsense to have her with no memories of her past at all. What's more, this result, her regarding her old memories and due to this, the "death" of Panda Kaede means that she's one step closer to fully overcome her trauma, which I hope it happens sooner rather than later.

That said, this one was of my favorite arcs. Well, I actually liked all of them but if I had to rank them, my top would be something like this:
1. Mai's Arc
2. Kaede's Arc (Although it didn't feel fully concluded, for me at least)
3. Koga's Arc
4. Futaba's Arc
5. Nodoka's Arc

Overall, this anime was great, I enjoyed every single episode and I hope the movie gives me the same sensations I got while watching this series. It was such a nice ride, I absolutely loved it.

And on a side note, I must say that I'm really curious about what's the deal with Shoko... what's she? a ghost, an illusion due to extreme stress, a guardian angel?... she has been very mysterious since the first time she was introduced.
Well then, I guess the movie will be something I will be waiting with great anticipation. For me, this was definitely my AOTS, 9/10.
Jan 1, 2019 11:50 PM

Dec 2016
It was sad how Kaede can't remember all those great times she had recently.

Shoko shows up again when needed, kinda interesting how the theory is she might not even exist.

Glad everything worked out between Mai & Sakuta, like how they teased the kiss at the end but did that funny moment instead.

Decent anime, if there is a second season I would watch.

7/10
Jan 2, 2019 1:54 AM

Mar 2012
OGAnime said:
No Sakuta and Mai kiss? 0/ 10

Same thoughts exactly. What - the - hell, writers.

Even though the Kaede arc was a bit iffy? I feel like they could've redeemed a good finale by doing some sort of zoom-out of Mai kissing Sakuta in the distance or something.
Jan 2, 2019 4:26 AM
Mar 2012
Kinda rushed end, but there's lots to tie up & setup for future Shoko movie & possibly that Kaede-san arc. Still would prefer more time on Kaede instead of splicing in Mai.

Mai, Nodoka, & Panda arcs (except end) were mostly great. Koga arc quite fun, but a bit iffy on Koga's selfish social fears. I much prefer Futaba bantering with Sakuta, but during her own arc much of that comedy charm unfortunately died off, the dual personality split while an interesting concept, perhaps plot itself didn't flow in an interesting way.
Rip Panda Kaede.
Also Shoko's such a mystery looking forward to that movie.
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2018

228 by Mythia »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2018

278 by Killerind »»
Apr 18, 8:02 PM

» How many chapters left

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 7

10 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 8, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2018

195 by RinoRappa »»
Apr 4, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2018

276 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 24, 5:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.