Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Goblin Slayer (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 29, 2018 11:51 AM

Jul 2014
Really nice ending, the fight was exciting and then seeing the priestess being so badass was great, great development to how she was at the beginning of the series. The same with GS, that although it may seem small you notice that it has changed and I liked that. The bar scene was perfect to finish the series and with the great revelation of GS xD.

So yeah, really fun series that had my favorite opening of the season and I hope the announcement means that there will be second season.
SkyLETVDec 29, 2018 5:41 PM
Dec 29, 2018 11:54 AM

Mar 2018
I want to read both the manga and LN, but I'll start with the manga first. Which chapter did the anime finish?
Also is there any chapters in between the anime didn't adapt?
Dec 29, 2018 11:58 AM

Sep 2015
81Koyomi_Araragi said:
I want to read both the manga and LN, but I'll start with the manga first. Which chapter did the anime finish?
Also is there any chapters in between the anime didn't adapt?

They skipped small chapters between Goblin Lord events and Quest to Water City because they swapped story arcs, better read from the beggining, main manga just started to cover Volume 3 with chapters 30-31. But there is Year One prequel and of course LN.
The opinions of people with shit taste, such as yourself, may differ of course.
Dec 29, 2018 12:00 PM

Dec 2015
Tbh they can make as many seasons of this as they want, but I'm definitely not coming back after this. I cannot put into words how disappointing this ended up being, the fact that it wasn't even 'okay' absolutely sucks. I'll stick to the manga.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 29, 2018 12:01 PM

Jun 2017
It was nothing grand but a pretty enjoyable ride. Looking forward to season 2 (it's not often that White Fox actually makes a second one....and when they do it takes ages too so this must have done pretty alright overall in Japan despite the constant hate it got here).
MomoSinXDec 29, 2018 12:07 PM
Dec 29, 2018 12:03 PM
Aug 2018
Overall, it was pretty ok. Although, I'm not that interested in watching S2.
Dec 29, 2018 12:11 PM

Jan 2017
The finale was nice and overall the series was fun. I'm looking forward to the next season whenever it comes out!

8/10
Dec 29, 2018 12:12 PM
Jan 2016
i was quite satisfied with ending and above all, it's getting a new season so complain from me.

the ending was really good for this type of gore anime. thank god it does have a progressive story, not a slice of life gore anime.
so it's an 8/10 for me cause really like this type of anime and it really rare gem between all those rom-com &harem anime
Dec 29, 2018 12:15 PM

Nov 2018
Very good.I liked the endingl, and his plan for goblin king in the end was great.
Dec 29, 2018 12:24 PM

May 2016
Gonna miss this show I really wanted to see his face though.

This show started really strong sadly it lost its power episode after episode and even the last fight was nothing special, fav character is probably the Elf damn I loved her.

The maiden sure was the femme fatale of the season with her curves.

I hope the next season/movie comes out soon cause it would be really boring to watch it after a year or more. 7/10 from me.
Dec 29, 2018 12:30 PM

May 2015
OMG THAT WAS SUCH A GOOD EPISODE !!!!!!

Why didn't they do this for the entire series this could have been a 10/10 for me.

Also the new soundtrack in these last two episodes was great as well. I love how they ended it with the theme of the anime. God that was good.

Probably gonna get the Light novel now but I can already tell its probably not like these last two episodes.

Its really funny how the series started off atrociously and ended amazingly.

Also THEY GOT YUKI AOI TO NARRATE YESSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 29, 2018 12:30 PM

Aug 2010
Under his helmet there's no other helmet

0/10 series ruined would not fap
Dec 29, 2018 12:34 PM

Dec 2013
That was such a nice ending, lot of good strats, decent battles and some heartwarming moments, specially with the whole guild showing how much they appreciate GS or at least acknowledge him, reading here how they decided to change the order and make the farm arc last episodes was a great idea, that's how you should end an adaptation.

I'm gonna miss the shit show this anime was on the community, but it helped to identify who are the idiots doing virtue signaling (just check the reviews lol, paragraphs upon paragraphs and so many anime scientistmen on Youtube) and how stupid can both extremes be.

Looking forward to Season 2, I want to know about his teacher but I know I would have never read the LN or Manga, Goblin's adaptability is frightening too so can't imagine how crazy they can get.
KanameYuukiDec 29, 2018 1:09 PM
Dec 29, 2018 12:54 PM

Jun 2017
I don't know what is funnier

The abnormous amount of reviews that are rapidly made or pathetically prepared in advance just to give this show a 1-2-3 rating(Which nothing, from an objective point, deserves)
or
People attacking other people because they like the show saying that their taste sucks or that this show is "dull" or has "no character" but not explaining why, they don't even know what they're talking about

I don't get it, there's a big difference in expressing your opinion and imposing your opinion; this show ,In My Opinion, doesn't even deserve such hatred, it's not like it's his fault that it became popular, or maybe being popular is a bad thing?

I will never get why this series, which is average In My Opinion, has caused so many problems
May our sweet and Merciful Madoka be with you
Dec 29, 2018 12:56 PM

Jun 2017
KanameYuuki said:
That was such a nice ending, lot of good strats, decent battles and some heartwarming moments, specially with the whole guild showing how much they appreciate GS or at least acknowledge him, reading here how they decided to change the order and make the farm arc last episodes was a great idea, that's how you should end an adaptation.

I'm gonna miss the shit show this anime was on the community, but it helped to identify who are the idiots doing virtue signaling (just check the reviews lol, paragraphs upon paragraphs and so many anime scientistmen on Youtube) and how stupid can both extremes be.

Looking forward to Season 2, I want to know about his teacher but I now I would have never read the LN or Manga, Goblin's adaptability is frightening too so can't imagine how crazy they can get.

I know right?It's Dragon Ball Super all over again, where everyone knows everything about animation, writing and what's best for the overall story and or franchise
May our sweet and Merciful Madoka be with you
Dec 29, 2018 12:56 PM

Aug 2012
Jfs_Jfsjfsjfs said:
Goblin slayer is one of my favorite anime in the beginning of this season, but hey, it just getting worst, I Stop watch at the first 10 minute of this final episode, I just can't take it anymore, glad this show is over and hope there is no season 2.
uhh did u not see the end part it said "goblin slayer will return" that means a season 2 is gonna happen
Dec 29, 2018 1:03 PM

Mar 2016
Liked it a lot more than I thought I would.
Dec 29, 2018 1:04 PM
Dec 2013
That was a fun ride. Nice to know that a second season is pretty much confirmed when the episode ended.
Dec 29, 2018 1:12 PM
May 2018
The plot was mehh, it was kind of self explanatory from the first episode. I enjoyed the 12th episode and the reaction to him taking off his helmet, I'm glad we're seeing character development in the series and hope to see a 2nd season.
Dec 29, 2018 1:17 PM

Sep 2007
Goblin Slayer season 2.
Count me in !
Dec 29, 2018 1:19 PM

Oct 2016
Do we know what song played in the ending? Was that Mob mentality by Mili?
Dec 29, 2018 1:30 PM
Mar 2013
Is it just my imagination or it seems some of you didn't see the last moment of this episode.
htsujiDec 29, 2018 1:33 PM
Dec 29, 2018 1:38 PM

Jan 2014
OGAnime said:
Admit it people. This show only got popular because it wasn’t afraid to show graphic

The show was in fact VERY afraid to show graphic material. It meticulously chose a few instances, no more than two or three, in which graphic material would have the most impact on the shows notoriety, while even then it mostly played with suggestion, shades, and audio. The rest of the time it cautiously kept away from showing anything other than a bleeding green monster, to avoid the controversy growing to the point that it would work against it.

Simply brilliant marketing I'd say.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Dec 29, 2018 1:40 PM

Aug 2018
I just watched this show on and off for the past few weeks but it actually amazes me how empty this show is.

Sure it's about killing goblins but there's actually nothing else about this show at all that's remotely interesting.

It's like one of those campy old gory horror films with chainsaws that you watch for fun once and then forget about the next day lmao
Dec 29, 2018 1:44 PM

Mar 2014
That was FUKING AMAZING!!!!!
I can't really see how it was executed badly if you ask me, but I think this is one of the best shows this season for me next to AoButa! When priestess showed up next to Goblin Slayer, I literally SHOUTED in my heart!!! This was an Amazing last episode and DO KEEP THAT SHOW KADOKAWA, PLEASE!!!
And also I totally didn't expect to a Sequel teaser at the end! This is got to be crazy! And when I thought they were going to leave it as it is, I Foking Loved it!
THANK TOU WHITE FOX for such A Great Show!
Dec 29, 2018 1:45 PM

Apr 2018
Badass episode, loved it

I hope they adapt the spin-offs
Dec 29, 2018 1:49 PM

Mar 2014
Wasn't really a fan of the majority of the "final battle", because for everyone who wasn't Goblin Slayer it was a walk in the park. Not a lot of tension if the heroes are constantly in control and even smiling. Aw well.

I disliked the first episode BTW. The rest was pretty ok.

7/10
Dec 29, 2018 1:54 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Guess that MCU ending message at the end means that we'll get another season one day

Overall, this series wasn't as hype as it could have been, but these last two episodes made up for a lot of the more slower bits imo (I'm just really glad that they didn't skip this arc and managed to make it fit in quite well at the end)

8/10
Dec 29, 2018 2:05 PM

Jan 2018
Time to read the manga
Dec 29, 2018 2:09 PM

Mar 2015
Excellent conclusion to the season. Nice seed for the next one (The Hero and her retinue are apparently heading to Goblin Slayer's town for the festival).

Very glad to see Priestess' maturation. There is no way she could have done that, especially driving the sword shard deeper into the Goblin Lord, at the beginning of the Season.

This wrap up was better than if they had stuck with the source material's order of arcs, as this one included everyone but Sword Maiden.

Well done.
The sword that takes life gives life
Dec 29, 2018 2:11 PM

Sep 2017
Haha this anime pretty much made 2018 for me.
and potentially a season 2 👌 hope there is more anime like this
in the future.

That said, The battle was good. Goblin Slayer played him left and right, It went down pretty much how it is in the LN.
Though i would've liked if they took the manga route, there is some godly art there.

Goblin Slayer ended up being like Batman 🦇
Dude is good looking, analyzes the threat and prepares for it accordingly
and was also traumatized as a kid. All he is missing is a Goblinmobile lol.

GOBURIN SUREIYA!!

Souka.
(ㆆ _ ㆆ)
Dec 29, 2018 2:16 PM
Oct 2016
Laionidas said:
OGAnime said:
Admit it people. This show only got popular because it wasn’t afraid to show graphic

The show was in fact VERY afraid to show graphic material. It meticulously chose a few instances, no more than two or three, in which graphic material would have the most impact on the shows notoriety, while even then it mostly played with suggestion, shades, and audio. The rest of the time it cautiously kept away from showing anything other than a bleeding green monster, to avoid the controversy growing to the point that it would work against it.

I guess you just ignored these last two episodes.
Dec 29, 2018 2:20 PM

Aug 2013
Laionidas said:
OGAnime said:

Agreed. The meat shields from ep 11 were simply glimpsed in the anime. About this ep, I think the manga did a better job. It also displayed the entire growth of goblin lord (and how he obtained his axe)

About the show as a whole, it was entertaining.
Please consider reading my novel for MAL x Honeyfeed Writing contest 2023 https://www.honeyfeed.fm/novels/12252
Dec 29, 2018 2:21 PM

Jan 2018
7/10

I actially liked the scope of the final battle.

Brace for impact from angry Bunny Girl fans.
Dec 29, 2018 2:22 PM

Jan 2014
UTJeff316 said:

Hardly.

Like I said, a few instances at key moments (beginning and end really), and the last two episodes weren't nearly as bad as your average HBO prime time series.
- Mishima Hitomi
Dec 29, 2018 2:24 PM
Oct 2016
fejota said:
Laionidas said:

Agreed. The meat shields from ep 11 were simply glimpsed in the anime. About this ep, I think the manga did a better job. It also displayed the entire growth of goblin lord (and how he obtained his axe)

This series is adapting the light novel not the manga. the stuff like the battle-ax he stole from a Conan expy was an adaptive element from the manga.
Dec 29, 2018 2:24 PM
Oct 2016
Laionidas said:
UTJeff316 said:

Hardly.

Like I said, a few instances at key moments (beginning and end really), and the last two episodes weren't nearly as bad as your average HBO prime time series.

I'm not sure why this is a problem.
Dec 29, 2018 2:26 PM

Sep 2008
AwesomeAlfie27 said:

The abnormous amount of reviews that are rapidly made or pathetically prepared in advance just to give this show a 1-2-3 rating(Which nothing, from an objective point, deserves)
or
People attacking other people because they like the show saying that their taste sucks or that this show is "dull" or has "no character" but not explaining why, they don't even know what they're talking about

I don't get it, there's a big difference in expressing your opinion and imposing your opinion; this show ,In My Opinion, doesn't even deserve such hatred, it's not like it's his fault that it became popular, or maybe being popular is a bad thing?

I will never get why this series, which is average In My Opinion, has caused so many problems

Haha, you just perfectly described MAL's userbase in a nutshell, grats.
Dec 29, 2018 2:29 PM
Oct 2016
papsoshea said:
Attack on Titan season 3 was forgotten, not even a hot topic and that anime are on a much higher level than this piece of shit. You're counting your eggs before they hatched. I remember saying, "let's hope not" because "of reasons." Now you have more autistic Marty-Stu to look forward to with his harem on one-dimensional whores, bad CG, terrible storytelling, horrible worldbuilding, and Deus ex Machina since the characters fates are determined by gods who roll the dice on them - oh, there is 1 character who can negate them despite rolling nat 1? The walking Deus ex Machina himself!

Attack on Titan has had three seasons, a chibi comedy spinoff, live-action movie adaptations and tons of merchandise. I'm sure Iseyama-sensei and Kodansha are crying in their big piles of money that papsoshea believes the show was forgotten because of lack of discussion on US' MAL forums.

I could give two pieces of excrement if Goblin Slayer never gets talked about again on MAL if it means getting three seasons.

The only person I see counting their chickens is you. You've been proven wrong one very front.

Dec 29, 2018 2:30 PM
Oct 2016
EtherSword said:
AwesomeAlfie27 said:

or

Haha, you just perfectly described MAL's userbase in a nutshell, grats.

The userbase and discussion here are garbage and beyond toxic. Some of the worst, most immature fans I have ever seen.
Dec 29, 2018 2:39 PM

Jan 2014
UTJeff316 said:
Laionidas said:

Hardly.

I'm not sure why this is a problem.

It's not. I'm just saying GS, especially the last two episodes, are not thát graphic to begin with, when compared with other mainstream media.
- Mishima Hitomi
Dec 29, 2018 2:41 PM

Jun 2017
Great Anime.
I read the manga and liked a lot of moment more in the manga (Elf girl kicking GS down the slope for example) but I loved the change of arcs. This adventurer party at the end made such a better season finale than a talk with sword maiden.

Also loved the character progression of GS and Healer.

Overall 8/10 - it gave us tons of great memes
Dec 29, 2018 2:41 PM

Dec 2013
This was rather enjoyable.
8/10, would slay more goblins.
Dec 29, 2018 2:42 PM

Aug 2013
UTJeff316 said:
fejota said:

This series is adapting the light novel not the manga. the stuff like the battle-ax he stole from a Conan expy was an adaptive element from the manga.

Thanks. I thought that it was common in the LN too (I didn't read it, just the manga + anime)
Please consider reading my novel for MAL x Honeyfeed Writing contest 2023 https://www.honeyfeed.fm/novels/12252
Dec 29, 2018 2:43 PM

Aug 2018
It was not as good as the manga but it was still good.

I am hoping for an adaptation of Year One.
Dec 29, 2018 2:49 PM

Mar 2018
Goblin Slayer being a goblin himself would have been kino
7.5/10

Guess i'll just go and read the manga while i'm waiting for S2
Dec 29, 2018 2:50 PM
Oct 2016
fejota said:
UTJeff316 said:

Thanks. I thought that it was common in the LN too (I didn't read it, just the manga + anime)

The manga is awesome. Don't get me wrong. I love the art. But the anime is taking most of its cues from the light novels. But the manga itself invented or came up with its own visual flairs that were not present in the light novels.

Not to mention, Kumo Kagyu did serve as a supervisor/consultant for the anime. So he did have a say on what gets put in, what stays out. He also probably read over and helped edit all the script.
Dec 29, 2018 2:51 PM
Oct 2016
Laionidas said:

It's not. I'm just saying GS, especially the last two episodes, are not thát graphic to begin with, when compared with other mainstream media.

I had no problems with this level of violence or gore. I think they showed enough of the shields and the sexual violence so you understood what was happening. Yet it caused some YouTubers to say this was more explicit than rape porn.
Dec 29, 2018 2:58 PM

Aug 2012
Hell yea s2 or something
Dec 29, 2018 3:05 PM

Jan 2014
I feel like the budget for this show was very average. Would have been great if we had Re Zero Quality but this was still an enjoyable watch

Season 2 is confirmed, will definitely watch it

7/10
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

288 by Ronin_Alx »»
Yesterday, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2018

195 by Miki42 »»
Apr 1, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2018

382 by azzther »»
Feb 26, 8:15 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2018

992 by Devonnius »»
Feb 22, 8:54 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2018

197 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 10, 5:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.