Forum Settings
Forums

Original TV Anime 'Kochouki: Wakaki Nobunaga' Announced

New
Dec 27, 2018 12:48 AM

Nov 2007

An official website has opened and announced a new original TV anime by Studio Deen titled Kochouki: Wakaki Nobunaga (Gorgeous Butterfly: Young Nobunaga) slated for Summer 2019. The series is a historical drama aesthetically and boldly adapting the life of Oda Nobunaga in his teens up to his time as a warlord against his brother, Nobuyuki.

Staff
Director: Noriyuki Abe (Boruto: Naruto Next Generations)
Character Design: Atsuko Nakajima (Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season)
Series Composition: Ryota Yamaguchi (Ao no Exorcist)
Script: Megumi Sasano (Hakuoki), Kaoru Sawada (Itou Junji: Collection)

Additionally, in the February 2019 issue of Animage magazine to be released on January 10, 2019, a novel prequel or spin-off adaptation of the series written by one of the anime's writers, Megumi Sasano, will be published. The series will also have a booth at the upcoming Comic Market 95 to distribute illustrative goods.

Official site: http://wakanobu.com/
Official Twitter: @wakanobu_anime

Source: Comic Natalie

Kochouki: Wakaki Nobunaga on MAL
tsubasaloverDec 27, 2018 10:23 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 27, 2018 12:51 AM

Apr 2016
I've seen shitload of otome game adaptations like this here on MAL, all of them complete catastrophe... hope this one will be serious.
Dec 27, 2018 12:57 AM

Feb 2012
Finally some hot stuff, Nobunaga the GOAT in his youth.
Dec 27, 2018 1:04 AM

Feb 2015
Im confused, that character design looks very feminine
Dec 27, 2018 2:19 AM
Jul 2017
Crashmatt said:

Yeah it does. Maybe it's not Nobunaga. I'm not to familiar with his story so I wouldn't know for sure. The art does look amazing though
Dec 27, 2018 3:06 AM

Aug 2016
The series is a historical drama aesthetically and boldly adapting the life of Oda Nobunaga

So while it will look historical, it wont be and it's gonna take a lot of liberties.

This line and the picture make me think Nobonuga is gonna be a woman, maybe pretending to be a man.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Dec 27, 2018 3:44 AM
May 2016
tsubasalover said:

The series is a historical drama aesthetically and boldly adapting the life of Oda Nobunaga in his teens up to his time as a warlord against his brother, Nobuyuki.

Interesting, haw boldly are they going to adapt his life ? lol

Oda and Mori Ranmaru's lord-vassal relationship was thought to have followed the nanshoku tradition - an intimate relationship - and was widely admired in Japan for its strength. In nanshoku literature of the Edo period, it was widely understood that Oda and Mori had a sexual relationship that was commonly found in those times.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mori_Ranmaru
Dec 27, 2018 3:45 AM

Apr 2018
Tbh The character does not look like a women at all
Dec 27, 2018 5:21 AM

Mar 2018
Swagernator said:
I've seen shitload of otome game adaptations like this here on MAL, all of them complete catastrophe... hope this one will be serious.

Me too, but considering the image .. we'll see
Dec 27, 2018 5:38 AM

Feb 2018
I have one of the most confusing boners ever.

On a serious note, looks interesting to me. Let's see what this would turn out.
Dec 27, 2018 6:54 AM

Apr 2015
Crashmatt said:

He looks like a touken ranbu character to me. Historical bishounen tend to look pretty feminine lately. The whole "bold new take" and "gorgeous butterfly" do make it seem like they might be going for a gender flip though. (Not that I would personally consider that to be bold)
Dec 27, 2018 7:22 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
I mean, the staff on this is pretty solid and Deen can be good when they try. Gonna wait for a PV to make up my mind about that one.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 27, 2018 12:10 PM
May 2007
A bishie and young Nobunaga? I dig.

Swagernator said:

I even doubt you watch the said adaptations. You just able to criticize and insult them all the time. It does look like the female-oriented type of anime you immensely hate. It can't be serious.
Dec 28, 2018 1:45 AM

Apr 2016
Shadow-Chan said:
I even doubt you watch the said adaptations.

"here on MAL", as of there is a lot of shows like this already, so thats why im expecting just another otome level of quality. Which is shame, i like sengoku period.
Dec 28, 2018 7:56 AM
Feb 2014
Woooah, that's the prettiest looking Nobunaga i have seen so far!
Definitely going in my PTW, just hope that it's not an shounen-ai/yaoi.

Also, i'm pretty sure Nobunaga is still a guy, when they genderbend historical figures into females, they have a specific target audience in mind and don't look like this, rather they would look much more moe and "cute-ish" to appeal to the common male otaku.

He's just a long haired Bishounen, like these:

DauphineDec 28, 2018 9:09 AM
My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
Dec 28, 2018 11:37 AM
May 2007
Swagernator said:
Shadow-Chan said:
I even doubt you watch the said adaptations.

"here on MAL", as of there is a lot of shows like this already, so thats why im expecting just another otome level of quality. Which is shame, i like sengoku period.

I understand but you always make it sound otome and reverse harem anime shouldn't exist. Many anime viewers look forward to otome level adaptations like these especially females.

@daggerswithroses @Dauphine
This happens when people have eyes and brains only for female characters. I like them bishies feminine and more beautiful with long hair. I see some anime posters on auction sites are up already 1&2 I'm so hyped now. The characters looking so gorgeous. I won't even mind if it's bromance.
Dec 28, 2018 12:53 PM

Nov 2011
Another jidaigeki anime? Count me in!
Dec 29, 2018 11:26 AM
May 2007
Dauphine said:
He's just a long haired Bishounen, like these:

And these beautiful long-haired historical bishounens I'm waiting for.
Dec 30, 2018 3:54 AM
Jan 2018
Can't really tell if that's a girl version of nobunaga or just nobunaga but VERY feminine? Still looks very sick tho, must check out
Jan 19, 2019 6:23 PM

Aug 2011
another Nobunaga anime but still no Obunaga Concerto season 2

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - 7 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
7 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

21 by VanishingKira »»
11 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:37 AM

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Apr 22, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Apr 22, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.