Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 26, 2018 2:52 PM
Apr 2016
Aaah overall the anime was pretty good... Well, had a great time!
Dec 26, 2018 2:53 PM

Apr 2016
Throughout my entire experience with this show, I was up and down with enjoyment. On one hand, I enjoyed the dynamic that Mai and Sakuta had and I enjoyed them as a couple.

On the other hand, I found that Rio's explanations of the supernatural occurrence of "Puberty syndrome" to be super pretentious. Using Science-based terms like Quantum mechanics and particles is super dumb. It's a SUPERNATURAL occurrence. It supposed to be so bizarre that it's outside the realm of scientific understanding. All these "explanations" did was make me more confused on how this puberty syndrome suppose to work

For every Kaede arc of the story, it would give me something like Koga or Mai's sister where no real development of the characters would happen. They felt shoehorned into the story with no real baseline on why I should care about these characters. Kaede and Mai were characterized well and felt important throughout the entire show. They felt important me as a viewer because Sakuta himself found Mai and Kaede important to his own life. Koga and Mai's sister were thrown away as fast as they were thrown into this show. (Don't get me started on Shouko)

In the end, I just felt confused about how I supposed to feel about this show. I loved some parts but detested some others. The OP and ED are good, but the BGM was not memorable at all. This show currently has a higher score than A place further than the universe and I can't understand how with so many problems present here.
Not a bad show, but far from being great.

6/10
SeasideLuaDec 26, 2018 3:45 PM
Dec 26, 2018 2:54 PM

Feb 2016
Overall, I'd give this show an 8.5/10. While I liked this episode, it's kinda eh at the same time. It kinda tried to be funny still even though there was no need for that. Mai "leaving" Sakuta for a bit was kinda stupid and rushed. I still prefer the Kaede that likes pandas and was going to go to school because losing the memories of her past 2 years. Shoko-san appeared out of nowhere and then disappeared again. I know the movie will dive into the mystery surrounding Shoko-san but there was really no need for her in this episode. It should have been Mai who showed up to save Sakuta. It would have been more romantic.
Dec 26, 2018 2:54 PM

Feb 2016
Anyways, the show itself started out great then nothing ever felt quite as good after the first 3 episodes. So, yeah. That's that.
Dec 26, 2018 2:59 PM

May 2015
What was the point of this anime again?
Very mediocre, the last dramatic problem was kinda out of nothing and the episode felt really dragged. Couldn't care less about the romance here but no kiss is underwhelming even for me. Like really, it was a perfect moment but they just felt the need to drag it even further. Could have settled on 6, but it's 5/10 because the last episode was absolutely unnecessary, they didn't conclude anything anyway and overall impression is just meh.
Dec 26, 2018 3:00 PM
Jan 2015
Sakuta breaking down was hard o watch, just goes to show how much he really cared about the other Kaede. Just who or what is Shoko remains a mystery. I could really understand how Mai felt, she really wanted to be the person to comfort Sakuta,but she was to late to the punch. Luckily Sakuta was having none of that and made sure her feelings weren't in vain. My only gripe with the finale, was no kiss damnit,

I sincerely loved this show with its fresh relationships and it accurate takes with the emotional problems teenagers have to deal with. The drama felt realistic and it never overstayed its welcome and the main characters were all layered and had really likable personalities. Mai and Sakuta have become one of my most beloved couples and goes to show romance can go a lot smoother when both sides are honest and have faith in each other. So I feel no shame of giving this series a 10/10.

I can't wait till the books are localized here in the states and I look forward to seeing what comes next with the movie(hopefully we'll get that damn kiss by the end of it lol).
My Queens

Dec 26, 2018 3:01 PM

Jun 2014
Meh (6/10).

I certainly don't get most of the praise it gets.
Dec 26, 2018 3:03 PM

Oct 2017
Decent episode but felt lackluster. I like this show, don't get me wrong. But now looking back on it I feel it could've been better.

I think my issue with the show is it feels like it lacks individuality. It's like a jack-of-all-trades but master-of-none type of deal for me. It does well in multiple areas but ultimately failed to create something unique to it.

For example, if i wanted to watch something with interesting dialogue and the whole "helping girls with X issue gimmick" i feel that Monogatari just does a much better job. If I wanted something with a witty and interesting character working with a cast of females I could watch Oregairu. If I wanted to watch issues like body switching and some mysterious phenomena like that, I would much rather see something like Kokoro Connect. Hell even an arc about repeating time seemingly was done better by shows like Haruhi.

To me there are just so many shows that do the things done in Bunny Girl much much better. That being said I am happy to see the show doing well and I am certainly excited for the sequel. Something that I thought would be anime of the season or even anime of the year during the first arc ultimately turned out to be something far from being either of those. Certainly it was something good, but nothing amazing. Of course this is all just my opinion though.

Overall the show is probably a 6, if I'm feeling good maybe even an 7.
Sakky2213Jan 21, 2019 7:53 AM
Dec 26, 2018 3:06 PM

Nov 2018
That was the most anime ever even though I'm still crying what happened to Sakuta running of the street and his body starting to bleeding and suddenly old Shoko appeared in the middle of no where trying to cheering up and she want to share to Sakuta specially the Kaede's diary that she write that never to heard to her brother since two year... And by the way about the date between mai and sakuta; I'm quite confused although it's so romantic date but kissing scene it so delayed.. Idk why?
About the score the truth is I give it a least 8.5 - 9/10 not perfectly 10/10 because the story is almost perfect but there is a quite confused specially the kissing scene that is the most important scene to all the fans and anime lovers.
PersiaJuliet23Dec 26, 2018 3:19 PM
Dec 26, 2018 3:07 PM

Jan 2011

for the episode it kinda killed me watching it guess Sakuta has the power to summon a cute girl to cheer him up when hes depressed? (all that stuff should be cleared out in the movie) but the whole time i was like damn why isn't mai here then she showed up and then all the drama unfolded kinda forgetting everything about kaede ,but mai being "best waifu mai" she got over it pretty quickly.

Buta really did rope in a lot of viewers with such a strong first couple of episodes and it's not that the rest of it was bad it just kinda stayed the same while kinda dropping down depending on who you talk to near the end ,regardless it was one of the better shows this season i personally didn't like it nearly as much as some people but the good out weighed the bad so i keeping it at a 7.5/10 would gladly watch more if it mixes up the formula a bit more.

also hot take but not that hot take all the Monogatari comparisons now seem like a disservice to Monogatari
Dec 26, 2018 3:13 PM

Jun 2015
I've never felt more utterly disconnected with a succession of supposedly dramatic scenes. Seeing Sakuta's face while running under the rain was funny if anything, also considering it was his peak of emotion in the whole show and maybe had a larger reaction than that you find in other series with characters actually dealing with death.

Everything with Mai afterwards was an (even) bigger waste of time.

Good riddance Bunny-Senpai
Dec 26, 2018 3:14 PM
Aug 2018
I was so hoping for the kiss... :-( I can not wait for the next year when the movie should be aired.
Dec 26, 2018 3:21 PM

Aug 2015
Excellent so far but, as someone said, reminiscent of Kokoro Connect. Needs the movie to be complete, just like Kokoro Connect needed the last three web episodes.

People seem to dis Nodoka's arc, but it was necessary to explore Little Sister-ism BEFORE we got to Kaede's arc. Plus she saved this episode by pointing out that Mai wasn't jealous, just sad she couldn't be there. If this were a 24 ep series, Nodoka would be a key player going forward.

Now we have to wait for Shouko and the movie. I kind of agree with Futaba that Shouko-san may indeed be a phantasm of Sakuta's imagination in some way. For sure she seems to be there for him, but nobody else sees her. How is this related to Shouko-chan? Bring on the movie.

I suspect one reason this series gets high ratings, even though folks say it is "only so-so but enjoyable", is because this is a terrible cour. There's SAO, and we can't give SAO a 6, even though this SAO deserves a 6. There's Index, and we can't give Index a 6, even though this Index deserves a 6. So we mentally bump up Bunny Girl because it is a lot better than them and most shows out there this cour.

And the kiss? Near a movie set with cameras all around? No.
Dec 26, 2018 3:22 PM

Jan 2018
Yo, why no kiss?? ;-;
But the series overall was great, characters that are relatable and feel real and the mood while watching this is just great, every episode seems like is only 5 mins and there I'm with a dumb smile on my face by just watching this show, definitely looking forward for the movie!
Dec 26, 2018 3:22 PM
Aug 2008
Why did I even watch this? It was cool at the beginning but then...

5/10

This anime is sum of 5 mini arcs and ending feels like nothing. Waste of time.
Dec 26, 2018 3:27 PM
Oct 2018
Unsatisfying ending tbh :(
But the rest of the anime was a masterpiece
Dec 26, 2018 3:29 PM

May 2015
Kaede became my favorite character after this episode. I love her so much. Her story was tragic and easily the most emotionally gripping in the show. I'll never get why so many people hated her and thought her arc was weak. I'm definitely going to miss this show. But at the same time, I definitely won't miss the cancer whiners in the forums. xD

Dec 26, 2018 3:31 PM

Aug 2013
That's it? Like...that's seriously it? I mean I enjoyed this series for what it is was but that ending felt...incomplete kinda. I'll just leave this at a 7, could've been an 8 if it wasn't for the ending.
Don't believe the hype.
Dec 26, 2018 3:33 PM

Sep 2015
RIP Imouto in bed in the morning.

9/10 for the lack of kiss and Kaede.
Dec 26, 2018 3:37 PM

Aug 2018
DedPanda said:
That's it? Like...that's seriously it? I mean I enjoyed this series for what it is was but that ending felt...incomplete kinda. I'll just leave this at a 7, could've been an 8 if it wasn't for the ending.

That's why there's a movie coming out next year............
Set SCE to AUX
Dec 26, 2018 3:38 PM
Apr 2018
I feel bad for anime sakuta, light novel sakuta shared so many kisses with mai already.
Dec 26, 2018 3:39 PM

Feb 2017
AOTY teasing us for the movie with the last episode
Dec 26, 2018 3:43 PM

Mar 2012
Third chapter felt more like an ending than this one.

Mai is definitely who anyone on a relationship should aim to be.

I didn't like Kaede until now, and still don't. This episode should wrap her story but it doesn't feel like that at all.
First, we don't see anything about how the "real" Kaede is, so there's no way we can feel empathy for her or have a hint about why she got bullied.
Shoko is there without explanation, but I guess it was just a tease for the movie.
Sakuta and Mai are stuck in the same place they were by Futaba's arc...
Waifus only represent ideals
Dec 26, 2018 3:46 PM

Aug 2013
Spannerhead said:
DedPanda said:

That's why there's a movie coming out next year............

Honestly... that's just weak.
Don't believe the hype.
Dec 26, 2018 3:47 PM

Oct 2018
Yeah I thought the first 3 episodes was probably peak, everything after was whatever.
Dec 26, 2018 3:56 PM

Mar 2016
Sad that one of the best series of the year it's over, now we'll have to wait don't know how many months for the movie, but I don't care I'll be patient. 9/10
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Dec 26, 2018 4:05 PM

Jun 2016
I was expecting something better, specially after that cliffhanger from last episode.. oh well.
Overall i liked the first two arcs, Mai and Koga's, then Futaba and Nadoka's arcs were kinda lacklustre and Kaede's arc is okay.
At the beginning i would give this a 7 but now i cant give it more than a 6.

Now Shouko's arc is on the upcoming movie and i cant wait to see it, she's definitely one of my best girls even if we dont have that much information about her yet.
Dec 26, 2018 4:09 PM
Mar 2018
Im sad, i'm soo fucking sad the best imouto just desapier :'( and with her part of my heart also is missing :'( . i will miss you kaede chan :'(
Dec 26, 2018 4:16 PM

Feb 2009
It was a great season full of good animes, but Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai was the best one of all. I will miss Kaede with her amnesia. Now the only thing left is wait till 2019 for the movie release, I hope they do it soon. Overall 9/10 for this anime.

Dec 26, 2018 4:22 PM

Jun 2015
cant say i was completely satisfied with the ending, but with the upcoming movie i've got my hopes up. this anime started off as a 9/10, but i'm handing it a 8/10 now since the last couple of episodes were enjoyable, but not great.
Dec 26, 2018 4:35 PM
Nov 2018
wating for the continuation in the movie next year
Dec 26, 2018 4:41 PM
Apr 2013
A perfect TV series ending for Mai x Sakuta CP, with pretty Kanazawa's Winter scenery.

A little info, for you who still can't get enough of these 2, you may check for Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari / The Rising of the Shield Hero, where their VAs Kaito Ishikawa - Asami Seto will immediately get paired again. In fact the special 1-hour ep should air tonight Jpn time, though officially should be Jan 9th.
Prisca98Dec 26, 2018 4:44 PM
Dec 26, 2018 4:44 PM
Jun 2012
I mean... is anyone kinda... unsatisfied with this ending...?
Sakuta was horribly depressed cause he lost someone he took care of for so long, dude literally collapses from the weight of it all. Gets taken care of by Shoko and just goes with the flow because of his depression but because of that Mai gets pissed that SHE wasn’t there and stomps off after visiting him to make sure he’s ok. I mean... he still might not be ok you know? The guy literally has helped every person possible with their issues and still gets walked out on for having a single moment of weakness. Then when Mai and him meet up after he takes a bullet train to go see her he apologizes, she apologizes and then... we don’t even get a kiss? I know the dude is a masochist and there is a movie coming out but could you at least end the show off on a great moment? Instead we see them bundle up and a cheek pinch.. I donno, just kinda infuriating and anticlimactic in my opinion when you want the anime to have a very romantic ending when the couple works so well off of one another. The first arc was amazing, and I didn’t have an issue really with the following ones, but that final episode definitely stung a bit.
Dec 26, 2018 4:46 PM
Jan 2017
Without a doubt, one of the best episodes in the series, which is really saying something. Even when Kaede regains her memories, Sakuta is not in the mood for celebrating, as the sister he has come to know for the past 2 years has effectively ceased to exist. Fortunately, Shoko comes in and is able to help Sakuta realize that Kaede always wanted her brother to be happy, even if that meant taking back an old life she doesn't even remember. With Kaede's story completed, the episode then makes it clear that as much as Sakuta and Mai love each other, they still have challenges to overcome if they want to be a real couple. The best thing about this show is how relatable and likeable the main leads are, even when the struggles they endure border on the fantastical and surreal. The episode leaves quite a few plotlines without a clear resolution, like Kaede's return to school or the truth behind Shoko, but the series at least ends in a satisfying manner.
Dec 26, 2018 4:48 PM

Sep 2017
Huh. I expected this to have more of a focus on Kaede, but instead the second half was mostly Sakuta/Mai focused. Don't get me wrong, I liked how visceral of a reaction Sakuta had to new Kaede "dying" and understand why Mai would get upset like she did, but idk why they went that direction in the first place.

Tbh, I was slightly sketch on this show after episode 2. I thought the Mai being forgotten and brought back was so abrupt it took me out of story. Then it was just arc after arc that probably should have gotten more screen time, and dumb things kept slightly getting in the way of Sakuta and Mai's relationship.

Then there was the pseudoscience which was distracting to someone with a background and math and physics. This is supernatural, not sci-fi. We don't need an explanation.

Anyway, thought I'd like this more. It's really not that bad, but I'd say 6/10 for me.
Dec 26, 2018 5:03 PM
Oct 2018
I've never flipped my table so hard before this lol. WHY DID U DO THAT MAI UGHHHH

Well, decent ending, wonderful series. I can't wait for the movie
Dec 26, 2018 5:09 PM

May 2009
I like the separate Kaede twist, interesting... yet very sad ;_;
I wish there was more to this anime, feels kinda abruptly ended, without tying loose ends; But I guess that's where movie comes in. I hope it does it justice.
I felt from the start that this was a typical anime, and it was, but it was one of decent in that group. It made me look forward to every episode, and invest in characters, which resulted in this being my favorite anime of the season. And for that reason I would give this 8/10.
Looking forward to the sequel~ Good stuff.
Dec 26, 2018 5:10 PM
Feb 2012
this anime is only good if you are 12
Dec 26, 2018 5:10 PM

Nov 2013
i'm dead the bad reviews are literally just monogatari fans lmao
Dec 26, 2018 5:15 PM

Sep 2011
I'm going to invalidate my own opinion here since I don't care to explain it (others have done a decent job covering the main bullet points for me). That ending was awful. Not a bad series, but it ended on a very sour note for me.
Dec 26, 2018 5:16 PM
Feb 2012
momosemomo said:
i'm dead the bad reviews are literally just monogatari fans lmao

isn't it the opposite?
or did this stupid show melt your brain too?
Dec 26, 2018 5:19 PM

Aug 2015
so... from the animes i chose to watch this season this one is definitely my favorite, but i was kinda let down with the last episode. i can see where sakuta's emotional breakdown came from, but that "shoko is an illusion you created and doesn't really exist" bullshit felt cheap? but then i came here and found out her arc is gonna be in the movie so i'm at least excited for that. mai's displeasure felt legit in the context of the whole thing, but as cute as it was, their last scene didn't feel like an ending at all. i dunno, it's just weird knowing that there won't be a new episode next week when it doesn't feel like it's really finished? i can only suck it up and wait for the movie though
Dec 26, 2018 5:21 PM

Nov 2017
- so... this episode was recycled from the Opening animation... wtf.
- the ending was a bait to everybody to watch the movie
Now Loading.....
Dec 26, 2018 5:27 PM
Jul 2018
Ehh, don't really know what to write about this episode, even after watching it 2 times now. It just doesn't feel like and ending, no matter how I look at it, I can't avoid a certain feeling of disappointment. It almost feels bland.

This last arc was off to a great start. Kaede and Sakuta's relationship was vibrant, and the way they handled the intricacies of her condition, while still making sure she never lost the caring, innocent, and fragile side so many of us love, was amazingly done. This said, we all new what was coming, and in the previous episode we got the arrival of the "not so perfect" unavoidable ending. Kaede's memories returned, and so the lovable, unique, yet fragile bond she had with Sakuta ended- Or better said, went back to "normal".
On the other hand, we got a very inconclusive ending regarding Shouko. Who is she? Why does she only appear when Sakuta's suffers from Puberty Syndrome? Is she a illusion?! If yes, how can we explain the note she left was also visible to Mai? So many questions to be answered. I hope the special explains them thoroughly.

On a final note, I was glad they didn't kiss, it just wouldn't be right. It wouldn't fit the narrative, nor Mai's character. The same way, Sakuta needed to actually believe he'd get the kiss he so longs for, while still not being disappointment with what actually happened.

Ps: glad to see Futaba at the end.
removed-userDec 26, 2018 5:30 PM
Dec 26, 2018 5:29 PM
Nov 2018
Short_Circut said:
Well that's over

First and second arcs were great. Third arc was decent. Fourth arc was meh and final arc was decently meh

Good show

agreed. The show lives and dies on the girl of the arc. No one is quite as enjoyable as Mai.

I am entertained by the very Japanese film/acting choices here and there. You could imagine it being directed live action the same way.
Dec 26, 2018 5:46 PM

Jul 2014
RIP panda Kaede, she literally died........and the original is not to blame for anything (hell, she was the victim of bullying) but she is not the brocon moe
imouto panda lover that I loved the last 12 episodes :'(

I have to be honest and say that the second half seemed rushed to me, I didn't like to go from Kaede's problem to Mai and solve everything in a lapse of 10 minutes. Instead, I would have liked to see more of the new Kaede and how she feels, I mean, it was her arc and deserved a nicer conclusion. Obviously the best solution would have been to give it one more episode and give more time to both things, but unfortunately it didn't happen that way.

I didn't burst into tears but I did shed some tears when Sakuta ran and screamed out of the hospital and also with the diary scene narrated by panda Kaede, it was so melancholic to hear her voice again.

The "kiss" scene "pissed me off" a little bit because although it was a bit obvious that she wasn't going to kiss him, being the last episode I had hope xD. Well, for that we'll have to wait for the movie, I guess.

Also, who or what the fuck is Shoko, I'm really intrigued, apart from the fact that she makes the same perverted/silly jokes as Sakuta xD.

About the best girl, many will say Mai, but she seems too perfect to me. In real life maybe I would like to find someone like her but in this case, I don't know, I think I'll stick with Koga...........or panda Kaede, blessed panda filled with moe <3

Overall, I liked the series a lot, I found Sakuta to be a refreshing protagonist and I think his dialogues and interactions with the girls were the best part of the series. I really liked the first two arcs, Futaba's and Nodoka's arcs should have lasted longer, like Futaba had the excuse of appearing since the beginning of the series but Nodoka suddenly appeared, her arc lasted 2 episodes and I really didn't care about her. Kaede's one was doing very well until the second half of the last episode, and as I said before, it deserved a better ending. Which really frustrates me because I feel that with more episodes I would have liked the series even more, 24 episodes including within them the next movie would have been great.

RIP panda Kaede.
SkyLETVDec 26, 2018 10:59 PM
Dec 26, 2018 5:49 PM

Aug 2018
Since MAL doesn't let you do short reviews, i thought of speaking my mind in the last episode forum threads.

I loved it but...

I don't understand how Japan as a society makes so much hentai of the most kinky and weird variety and so much ''pure'' anime, perhaps TOO pure. I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with either, I just would like to see something different for a change and I ask myself: Where are the people that stand in the middle ground between tentacles and barely holding hands? Why don't I get to see the stuff they make?
If anyone is left confused on what i'm talking about, it has to do with Sakuta and Mai being on a relationship without even having kissed.
By this point i'm used to anime BS, but it still frustrates me that the characters never go past this phase in most anime.

With all that said, my gripes with the series are with anime in general, i think that everything that was done in it was very well done, except maybe the explanations for the adolescence syndrome cases, but that's just nit-picking.
Overall it's great, the characters please the eyes and the brain, story is good, the dialogue is fan-foocking-tastic and i won't pretend to understand enough of art to need more than that.
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Dec 26, 2018 5:55 PM

Oct 2017
There wasn't enough Kaede in this episode, even though it was supposed to be about her...
Dec 26, 2018 6:01 PM

Mar 2016
Well, some tears came out when Shoko read the diary. Kaede feels a weird character now. Especially the way she talks.
Either way, nice way to end this series.
8/10
Dec 26, 2018 6:01 PM
Dec 2018
I read it in advance.
The next episode(movie) was really fun and sad.

If you've enjoyed this ani, I recommend you to watch the movie.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2018

278 by Killerind »»
Yesterday, 8:02 PM

» How many chapters left

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 7

10 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 8, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2018

195 by RinoRappa »»
Apr 4, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2018

276 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 24, 5:24 PM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2018

327 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 3, 6:13 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.