Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 8, 2018 1:30 AM

Apr 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I AM MACHO PSYCHOLOGIST.

Hilarious.

This episode has a recursive song loop which is pretty interesting.

Kagari screentime, nice, she seems to be chill. Such a nice, sweet episode and now Mayuri has to be a mother figure (she always was, but now she has a daughter).

Aug 8, 2018 6:03 AM

May 2015
Congrats Mayu. You became mommy! :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 8, 2018 7:36 AM

Feb 2013
That song reminded me of dango daikazoku.
Her memories are back!
Lol, Okabe learned that song from Kagari.
Aug 8, 2018 10:06 AM

Nov 2015
A lot of people (Including me) thought that they won't adapt this route, but they did.
This route shows Okabe an important lesson. They did it amazing. also there is a new version of the "song of the stars" with Mayuri which is beautiful.
Aug 9, 2018 10:55 AM
Jan 2012
good episode. Very curious about lyrics and origin this song.
Aug 21, 2018 12:12 PM

Dec 2014
overall a heart warming episode…I guess the song is of paradox…. Maybe the protagonist actually heard from kagari all along
Aug 25, 2018 1:51 PM

Aug 2017
An episode about Kagari.

In the end, her memories are back. The song is just a loop lol.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 16, 2018 7:15 PM
Jul 2018
Gotta love loops.

For some reason, this felt very Clannad-esque. I haven't watched that show in years, but I was just reminded of it.
Sep 27, 2018 8:53 AM

Feb 2018
beautiful episode wow
now mayuri has 2 daughters ;p
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2018 10:41 AM

May 2012
Music and songs sure can trigger forgotten memories! Really impressive and bittersweet episode, especially that ending! Looking forwards to the next episode.
Nov 30, 2018 7:22 PM

Mar 2017
Eh? Wasn't that the place where Kurisu became a shotacon in the movie?
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Dec 1, 2018 1:29 AM

Apr 2015
red-tomato said:
Eh? Wasn't that the place where Kurisu became a shotacon in the movie?

Yeah, it is. Remember the movie is not canon.
Dec 16, 2018 4:15 PM

Nov 2016
hmmm I don't remember this part of the VN I missed some routes, but I found this episode interesting, I might need to read the rest of the VN to get a better understanding. But I do remember the music that turned a switch inside Kagari's mind. Also yes this chapter gave me some Clannad vibes I think is because the song. Also in the end Kagari seem not much younger than now, and wow Okarin learned the song from Kagari, it forms a full loop and big mama Mayuri! (K6205)
ArakitoDec 16, 2018 4:19 PM
Dec 17, 2018 3:13 AM

May 2016
InefableAtaraxia said:
hmmm I don't remember this part of the VN I missed some routes, but I found this episode interesting, I might need to read the rest of the VN to get a better understanding. But I do remember the music that turned a switch inside Kagari's mind. Also yes this chapter gave me some Clannad vibes I think is because the song. Also in the end Kagari seem not much younger than now, and wow Okarin learned the song from Kagari, it forms a full loop and big mama Mayuri! (K6205)

The song is not a loop, it just seems to be a loop. You can read more about this here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/steinsgate/comments/8ucqql/song_for_the_stars_about_the_song_in_sg_0_episode/
-
Dec 17, 2018 10:23 AM

Nov 2016
Thanks! is interesting, it makes sense ;)
Dec 26, 2018 5:25 AM

Mar 2016
All that jumbo-sized curry went to Suzuha's muscles and oppai. Did she get the appetite from Daru?

It's funny to see how nervous Daru is when dating Yuki.

So the song came from Okabe to his mom, to Yuki, to Suzuha, to Mayuri and ends up to Kagari. They didn't really fully explain how Okabe, or should I say, the teenager Okabe managed to know the song yet his present self doesn't recall knowing the song.

Anyways, I'm glad that Kagari's memories have returned. This means that she can finally use her knowledge on various things and also, Sweet relationship between Mayui and Kagari!
Dec 26, 2018 5:37 AM

May 2016
ShadowZ_AnimeZ said:

They didn't really fully explain how Okabe, or should I say, the teenager Okabe managed to know the song yet his present self doesn't recall knowing the song.

Okabe learned the song from Kagari in 2005. (however it's not a closed loop, you can read more about it here: https://www.reddit.com/r/steinsgate/comments/8ucqql/song_for_the_stars_about_the_song_in_sg_0_episode/)

And the reason of that why Okabe in the present didn't remember the song and the young Kagari from 2005 is that he experienced many worldline shift and Reading Steiner. And when Reading Steiner kicks in, he can only remember to the previous worldline, but he can't remember to the events of the new worldline. So Okabe's memories before 2010 July 28th are from a worldline where he didn't met Kagari in 2005.
-
Dec 26, 2018 10:33 AM

Mar 2016
SheevPalpatine said:

And the reason of that why Okabe in the present didn't remember the song and the young Kagari from 2005 is that he experienced many worldline shift and Reading Steiner. And when Reading Steiner kicks in, he can only remember to the previous worldline, but he can't remember to the events of the new worldline. So Okabe's memories before 2010 July 28th are from a worldline where he didn't met Kagari in 2005.

I figured it was something to do with the worldlines shifts. Thank you for telling me this
Mar 20, 2019 4:24 AM

Jun 2012
I liked the ED a lot!

Mar 23, 2019 9:42 AM

Jan 2013
SheevPalpatine said:

The song is not a loop, it just seems to be a loop. You can read more about this here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/steinsgate/comments/8ucqql/song_for_the_stars_about_the_song_in_sg_0_episode/

Damn, a lot of depth into the meaning of the song, thanks for the link!
Pretty funny to see them go back on it in this episode, from Kagari to Mayurii to ... etc etc.
Eventually seeing Kagari learned it from Okabe back when he was younger with Kagari being a "runaway"
Mayurii is going to be acting like a mom for Kagari now ^^

Also damn Suzuha, congrats on that win!
Apr 3, 2019 11:39 PM

Jan 2017
it was getting super BORINNNNNG!!!but the ending song and the ending kinda woke me up,,now iam into it baby!! (>-<)
May 5, 2019 7:52 AM

May 2010
Honestly this route was just as boring in the vn, so I didn't even expect much. I do love "Hoshi no Kanaderu Uta" though, it's sweet and calming <3
Jun 24, 2019 8:31 AM

Feb 2019
That was a emotional episode. Although I don't know how Okabe will explain the situation to Kaguri.

Also, that small nod from Okabe to Mayuri when she looks at him was a nice touch.
Unusual_KmcJun 24, 2019 12:14 PM
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Jul 4, 2019 8:19 AM

Dec 2018
They need to explain more about Okabe's parents. His parents didn't even care his son being a mad scientist,lol.

Got some Deja Vu after watching this. (If you know what I meant)
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jul 9, 2019 1:35 AM
Feb 2014
I get that "Steins;Gate Movie: Fuka Ryouiki no Déjà vu" isn't canon, but maybe - just a theory - Okabe met Kurisu, because he remembered Kagari's song heard in this place, and he was just coming back to hear it again?
And it leaded that he just became mad scientist (helping Mayuri) after meeting with Kurisu, what was explained in this episode, and shown in the ending of "Fuka Ryouki...". It all makes logical sense.. at least for now.

In the end, this meeting with Kurisu was laconic enough that he didn't say anything like "who you are" - he could think he met Kagari, therefore he asked if she got lost. Like he knew her enough to not ask about her identity.
Jul 9, 2019 10:26 AM

May 2016
Toma400 said:
I get that "Steins;Gate Movie: Fuka Ryouiki no Déjà vu" isn't canon, but maybe - just a theory - Okabe met Kurisu, because he remembered Kagari's song heard in this place, and he was just coming back to hear it again?
And it leaded that he just became mad scientist (helping Mayuri) after meeting with Kurisu, what was explained in this episode, and shown in the ending of "Fuka Ryouki...". It all makes logical sense.. at least for now.

In the end, this meeting with Kurisu was laconic enough that he didn't say anything like "who you are" - he could think he met Kagari, therefore he asked if she got lost. Like he knew her enough to not ask about her identity.

Even if we consider the movie canon, the 2 scenes are not related at all, since they happened in different worldlines.
-
Aug 13, 2019 4:08 AM

Mar 2015
Nice to see Suzuha's parents finally on a date lmao
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 11, 2019 4:35 AM

Jul 2015
So Okarin was the origin of the song but he only got to know it from Kagari, looks like we got a time paradox of some sorts.

Really hope that Yuki got injured in her cooking class and not because she is the motorcycle girl

Sep 11, 2019 6:18 AM

May 2016
Reapermask said:
So Okarin was the origin of the song but he only got to know it from Kagari, looks like we got a time paradox of some sorts.

Really hope that Yuki got injured in her cooking class and not because she is the motorcycle girl

No it is not a time paradox, and not a closed loop either. Time travel changes the worldlines, so Kagari is from the previous worldline's future, which means she brought the song from a previous worldline's future

You can read more about it: https://www.reddit.com/r/steinsgate/comments/8ucqql/song_for_the_stars_about_the_song_in_sg_0_episode/
SciADV_ManiacSep 11, 2019 6:22 AM
-
Sep 11, 2019 8:06 AM

Jul 2015
No it is not a time paradox, and not a closed loop either. Time travel changes the worldlines, so Kagari is from the previous worldline's future, which means she brought the song from a previous worldline's future

You can read more about it: https://www.reddit.com/r/steinsgate/comments/8ucqql/song_for_the_stars_about_the_song_in_sg_0_episode/

Ah thanks for informing me, I always confuse normal time travelling with the kind of time travelling they do in this series.
The song has some impressive origin, looking at the reddit post

Sep 15, 2019 2:38 AM
Dec 2017
oahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! cant wait to see next ep
Oct 30, 2019 5:14 PM

Jun 2012
sing a song and fool yourself to fool the world.
Jan 14, 2020 10:21 AM

Dec 2010
Ok, for how slow this season's plot is going, I have to say that I like the general feeling I get from the story. Let's see how the time paradox around the song gets resolved though.

Also, nice to know that Kyouma was always into redheads lol.
Jan 14, 2020 12:07 PM

May 2016
Meritas said:
Let's see how the time paradox around the song gets resolved though.

There is no time paradox around the song. https://www.reddit.com/r/steinsgate/comments/8ucqql/song_for_the_stars_about_the_song_in_sg_0_episode/
-
Jan 22, 2020 11:30 AM
May 2019
Toma400 said:

I thought that Load Region of Deja Vu is the true ending of the Steins;Gate series and everything else takes place before those events. Why the heck wouldn't it be canon? It's friggin brilliant and has a perfect ending.
Jan 22, 2020 7:29 PM

May 2016
Solidgearmara said:
Toma400 said:

I thought that Load Region of Deja Vu is the true ending of the Steins;Gate series and everything else takes place before those events. Why the heck wouldn't it be canon? It's friggin brilliant and has a perfect ending.

Because it contradicts with the rules which were established in the anime and its source material, the VN.
-
Jan 22, 2020 8:32 PM
May 2019
SheevPalpatine said:
Solidgearmara said:

Because it contradicts with the rules which were established in the anime and its source material, the VN.

Because of the strange ending?
Jan 23, 2020 2:09 AM

May 2016
Solidgearmara said:
SheevPalpatine said:

Because of the strange ending?

No. The whole conception. The movie features parallel worldlines (R and Steins Gate worldlines are active simultaneously), while it is established in the source materials and in the anime adaptation, that only one worldline can be active at a given time.

Even if we try to explain the movie that there are no parallel worldlines in it, only the Steins Gate wordline changed to a worldline where Okabe doesn't exist, that also caused contradictions. Because if we are on a worldline, where Okabe doesn't exist, then Kurisu can't meet with him in 2005... since Okabe is not exist in this worldline. And a time traveler (in this case Kurisu) always goes back to the CURRENT worldline's past, and her arrival create a new worldline from the point she arrived.

Soo, the movie sucks, because it makes no sense... It is emotional, but makes no sense... Unfortunate...

Anyway, the official afterstory is the Holy Day of Scourge light novel. Not the movie and not the OVA.
-
Mar 7, 2020 4:09 PM

Aug 2017
The song is awesome indeed, as well as the scene with Kagari remembering Mayuri. It also reminded me of Clannad, which I love.
Aug 20, 2020 5:31 PM
Apr 2019
Beautiful Episode

Reunion Kagari with Mayuri so sad, accompanied by the right song.

Song Theme: A Song Played by the Stars.
Sep 24, 2020 1:51 PM

Oct 2019
A good episode overall. I would like to point out something about the song they were trying to trace the origin of.
It is interesting that while the writers take care to avoid major or at least obvious time paradoxes like the Americans not being able to discover Suzuka's time machine because building a time machine from a future time machine would represent a major time paradox (specifically a predestination or bootstrap paradox), they are far less careful with more minor -or less obvious- time paradoxes of exactly the same kind.

That song is a predestination / bootstrap paradox (in other words it was created out of thin air; it has no creator and no creation point, it only exists in an eternal time loop) just like building a time machine today from a future one would be (or, in the original Terminator film, creating Skynet out of the future CPU of Arnie, which was also never designed and built by anyone and thus is a major bootstrap paradox as well). It is just less evident that it is exactly the same time paradox.

If there had been no post-credit scene, thus suggesting that the song originated with young Okabe, there would have been no time paradox, despite the fact that the song went back and forth in time. Since young Okabe heard it from a younger Shiina Kagari he is not the source of the song either, that point in time was just the oldest part of the time loop. To summarize, the time loop of the song is this :
Kagari from Mayuri --> Mayuri from Suzuha -->Suzuha from Yuki -->Yuki from Okabe's mom --> Okabe's mom from Okabe --> Okabe from Kagari --> Kagari from Mayuri ..... etc etc etc, eternally.
Invoking world lines won't save this either, since everything clearly happens in the same world line.

edit/p.s.: Since the Americans(?) are apparently the ones who captured young Shiina Kagari when Suzuka lost her, judging from that post-credit scene, this is probably how they learned that time travel is possible and that she was from the future. So they've been in this game for quite a while but apparently have not developed a time machine as of yet. Though the Russians probably have, or are testing one, with the help of Kurisu's paper that her poor excuse of a father stole from her.
SharpedonSep 24, 2020 2:04 PM
Sep 25, 2020 12:04 AM

May 2016
Sharpedon said:
A good episode overall. I would like to point out something about the song they were trying to trace the origin of.
It is interesting that while the writers take care to avoid major or at least obvious time paradoxes like the Americans not being able to discover Suzuka's time machine because building a time machine from a future time machine would represent a major time paradox (specifically a predestination or bootstrap paradox), they are far less careful with more minor -or less obvious- time paradoxes of exactly the same kind.

That song is a predestination / bootstrap paradox (in other words it was created out of thin air; it has no creator and no creation point, it only exists in an eternal time loop) just like building a time machine today from a future one would be (or, in the original Terminator film, creating Skynet out of the future CPU of Arnie, which was also never designed and built by anyone and thus is a major bootstrap paradox as well). It is just less evident that it is exactly the same time paradox.

If there had been no post-credit scene, thus suggesting that the song originated with young Okabe, there would have been no time paradox, despite the fact that the song went back and forth in time. Since young Okabe heard it from a younger Shiina Kagari he is not the source of the song either, that point in time was just the oldest part of the time loop. To summarize, the time loop of the song is this :
Kagari from Mayuri --> Mayuri from Suzuha -->Suzuha from Yuki -->Yuki from Okabe's mom --> Okabe's mom from Okabe --> Okabe from Kagari --> Kagari from Mayuri ..... etc etc etc, eternally.
Invoking world lines won't save this either, since everything clearly happens in the same world line.

edit/p.s.: Since the Americans(?) are apparently the ones who captured young Shiina Kagari when Suzuka lost her, judging from that post-credit scene, this is probably how they learned that time travel is possible and that she was from the future. So they've been in this game for quite a while but apparently have not developed a time machine as of yet. Though the Russians probably have, or are testing one, with the help of Kurisu's paper that her poor excuse of a father stole from her.

The song IS NOT a bootstrap paradox. It just seems to be a bootstrap paradox. In Steins Gate, bootstrap paradoxes are impossible, since every kind of time travel changes the worldlines.

This is a great summary about it: https://www.reddit.com/r/steinsgate/comments/8ucqql/song_for_the_stars_about_the_song_in_sg_0_episode/

Even in your 'route', it doesn't happen in the same worldline. The very fist entry (Kagari learned from Mayuri) happened in a previous worldline, since a time traveler always come from a previous worldline. Therefore it can't be a loop.
SciADV_ManiacSep 25, 2020 4:00 AM
-
Sep 27, 2020 3:21 PM

Oct 2019
SheevPalpatine said:
Sharpedon said:

The song IS NOT a bootstrap paradox. It just seems to be a bootstrap paradox. In Steins Gate, bootstrap paradoxes are impossible, since every kind of time travel changes the worldlines.

This is a great summary about it: https://www.reddit.com/r/steinsgate/comments/8ucqql/song_for_the_stars_about_the_song_in_sg_0_episode/

Even in your 'route', it doesn't happen in the same worldline. The very fist entry (Kagari learned from Mayuri) happened in a previous worldline, since a time traveler always come from a previous worldline. Therefore it can't be a loop.

Of course it can; nothing stops loops from jumping world lines and generating bootstrap paradoxes. What makes the song a predestination paradox (or not) is not whether it originates from the same world line or not but whether it has an original source or not, in any world line (even if the source is five, ten or fifty word lines apart; it doesn't matter).

Woute in the thread you posted understands this, which is why they propose a music box as the original source of the song despite suggesting (in their third post in the thread) that the song jumped through no less than five world lines. We have not yet seen a scene where Mayuri-chan gifted Maho-san that music box as far as I recall. Maybe it happens later on, maybe it only happens in the VN.

If it happens later on and we accept that music box as a very probable source of the song then the song is almost certainly not a predestination paradox, since it has an original source (despite appearing that it doesn't...; those who want to learn more read Woute's third post above; in their original post they are less clear). If it only happens in the VN then it is a time paradox only in the anime.

World lines alone are not enough to avoid predestination paradoxes because they are irrelevant to the nature of the paradox (the only part that makes it a paradox is the lack of original source or creator; nothing more, nothing less) and just appear to provide a solution while they only serve to obscure the lack of original source. Thanks for the link by the way. I read the entire thread and it was quite helpful.
Sep 28, 2020 5:28 AM

May 2016
Sharpedon said:
Of course it can; nothing stops loops from jumping world lines and generating bootstrap paradoxes. What makes the song a predestination paradox (or not) is not whether it originates from the same world line or not but whether it has an original source or not, in any world line (even if the source is five, ten or fifty word lines apart; it doesn't matter).

In a universe where every kind of time travel creates a new worldline, a situation when something has no origin simply can't occur. If something has no origin in the current worldine, it has origin in a previous worldline. You can't name an example when something has no origin in a universe like this. Even if we doesn't speculate about the song, and accept what we saw in the anime, the song has an origin. Its origin is a previous worldline's Mayuri.

Sharpedon said:
Woute in the thread you posted understands this, which is why they propose a music box as the original source of the song despite suggesting (in their third post in the thread) that the song jumped through no less than five world lines

That "five worldlines" are just an example to understand how the process works. In reality, the song travelled through more than a thousand worldlines, since the story of S;G0 consists of thousands of worldline iterations. The anime only shows the last one. It's like a DLC to the VN, which shows other 5 iterations.

Sharpedon said:
We have not yet seen a scene where Mayuri-chan gifted Maho-san that music box as far as I recall.

We saw the music box in Episode 4. We didn't hear it in the anime though, but we did in the VN.

Sharpedon said:
If it only happens in the VN then it is a time paradox only in the anime.

The VN and the anime completes each other. SG0 anime is not really a standalone stuff, it needs the VN to fully understand (the VN also needs the anime to fully understand)

Sharpedon said:
World lines alone are not enough to avoid predestination paradoxes because they are irrelevant to the nature of the paradox

Of course they are. If there is always a new worldline when something is travelled back, time loops simply can't form.
-
Sep 29, 2020 9:39 AM

Oct 2019
@SheevPalpatine (I would prefer not to comment point by point on everything of yours above because my post would turn monstrous and I also currently lack the time..)

My key point is that even if you move the original source thousands of world lines apart you still need to show that original source, origin and creation point for something/anything to occur. If you do not point out what/where/who that source is and merely claim "Well, it must be a few tens or hundreds world lines apart, who cares?" then it is still a predestination paradox, because simply adding world lines does not remedy the problem.

"The original source should be in a previous world line" is not an adequate statement. You must also show that source, or at least say, even in passing, what it is. I am also skeptical about needing to look up the VN to fill such plot or logic gaps or to understand the anime better (I completed the anime and know
). As far as I know that never happens with anime and manga, so why would it happen with this anime and its VN? Why wouldn't this anime be self-sufficient?

You appear to think that a time travel story cannot have time paradoxes. That is, of course, impossible. All time travel stories have time paradoxes, by their very nature. The trick is not to remove them but to minimize them and their impact, and also flesh out the drama and characters of the story, which both Steins;Gate shows do very well. Apart from the song there is also Professor Leskinen, among others time paradoxes (major spoiler for the next episodes)

Let's provide one more example.. Suppose that I am a writer and I have just started writing a new novel. Though at first I thought I had many ideas to write down after a couple of pages I am completely stuck. At this point I receive a D-mail with the finished novel attached from my future self. In a single timeline that cannot happen because it would be a predestination paradox : if I never wrote that novel in the past how was it finished in the future so that my future self can D-mail it back to the past?

So I assume (to clarify, in this example I am a sci-fi writer) that I must have been sent the novel from another timeline where I actually wrote the novel. Wait a minute.. If in that timeline I wrote and finished the novel why would I send it to the past? That makes no sense. So myself in that second timeline must have got it from another, third timeline. Then my third timeline self must have got it from a fourth timeline and so and so on, ad infinitum.

This is what both Steins;Gate shows do (largely 0 but to a lesser extent the original as well), and the OP song Fatima of Steins;Gate 0 even points that out in its lyrics ("I deceive antinomy and even avoid paradoxes with an unlimited number of world-lines"). World lines are a clever trick to obscure and conceal time paradoxes. They can work in a self-consistent way, but it is more difficult to construct a story in that way. It is far easier to suggest there are thousands or even infinite world lines and imply that the origins that remedy predestination paradoxes are very deep within them without ever pointing out what they are..

edit: Assuming you haven't I suggest you read the short story " '—All You Zombies—' " by Robert A. Heinlein, where he basically makes fun of predestination paradoxes by stretching them ... as far as they can possibly be stretched. It is in this story that Heinlein coined the phrase "bootstrap paradox". You can read it here : https://gist.github.com/defunkt/759182/ad44c6135d168ae54503a281bb7e1a24c6c2ea0c

Alternatively you could watch the 2014 film Predestination (with Ethan Hawke) that was based on this story, but I wouldn't recommend it. Unlike Heinlein's story the film takes itself way too seriously, to the point that the result is ridiculous.
SharpedonSep 29, 2020 10:00 AM
Sep 29, 2020 3:05 PM

May 2016
Sharpedon said:
My key point is that even if you move the original source thousands of world lines apart you still need to show that original source, origin and creation point for something/anything to occur. If you do not point out what/where/who that source is and merely claim "Well, it must be a few tens or hundreds world lines apart, who cares?" then it is still a predestination paradox, because simply adding world lines does not remedy the problem.

You are confusing paradoxes with writing issues (or mystery boxes). There are no paradoxes in Steins;Gate at all. That's the whole point of the Attractor Field Model. It's a fact, straight from Alpha Suzuha, that paradoxes are not exist in this universe.

If something has no origin in the current worldline in Steins;Gate, it has an origin in a previous one. Not showing that origin is lazy writing, but not a paradox.

Sharpedon said:
I am also skeptical about needing to look up the VN to fill such plot or logic gaps or to understand the anime better

First and foremost, Steins;Gate (or in the bigger scheme, SciADV) is series of Visual Novels, and it also has additional materials, like Drama CDs, mangas, anime etc... It's kind of a multiplatform universe like Star Wars. Star Wars consist of movies, and has additional materials. Steins;Gate consists of VNs, and has additional materials.

Steins;Gate 0 anime was not a standalone project. It's the 'continuation' of the VN.

Sharpedon said:
there is no scene of Mayuri gifting Maho the music box

As I told you, we saw the music box in Episode 4.

Sharpedon said:
You appear to think that a time travel story cannot have time paradoxes. That is, of course, impossible

No. Steins;Gate has no paradoxes. That's a fact, literally a number one rule in this universe. I don't know where did you put your eyes when you watched the series...

Sharpedon said:

Umm... No? There is absolutely no loop here. Again, loops can't form if time travel creates a new worldline.

This example is a loop:

1791: A time traveler musician visits Mozart, and teaches him The Magic Flute.
The Magic Flute becomes a huge success.
2000: A musician who will become a fan of Mozart born
2010: The musician learns The Magic Flute
2030: The musician travels back to 1791...

The musician and the time traveler musician are the same person. The Magic Flute has no origin. All of this events are happening in the same sequence of events (a.k.a. in the same timeline). This is a loop.

This can't happen in Steins;Gate.

About Leskinen:

See? There is no loop at all here. A loop can't happen in a universe like this.

Sharpedon said:
o I assume (to clarify, in this example I am a sci-fi writer) that I must have been sent the novel from another timeline where I actually wrote the novel. Wait a minute.. If in that timeline I wrote and finished the novel why would I send it to the past? That makes no sense. So myself in that second timeline must have got it from another, third timeline. Then my third timeline self must have got it from a fourth timeline and so and so on, ad infinitum.

Of course it makes sense that you send the novel back into the past. You want the succes early, when you are young, and not at the time when you are old.

Lastly, I leave this here, because you don't understand some aspects of how time travel works in Steins;Gate. This was also written by Woute:

https://www.reddit.com/r/steinsgate/comments/8nioce/an_attempt_at_a_complete_theory_of_steinsgate/
-
Nov 22, 2020 7:20 PM
May 2020
lol now we know why Suzuha thickened up this season.

That was a cute song, I can't understand why Okabe and Suzuha didn't just assumed that the song is a mom song that Mayushi sang to her daughter tho, maybe mom songs are not really a thing for them or idk.

Ms. Okabe was kinda surprising, for a moment I thought it was the USA woman.
Jun 27, 2021 8:40 AM

Jan 2017
Never was a fan of the whole telephone game, but I do appreciate the duet ver of Song of the Stars
Jul 3, 2021 3:02 AM

Apr 2018
Ah shit, we could have gotten an isekai sequel *just joking* xD

Karagi regained her memories and called Mayurii ''mommy'' again. That was wholesome but will Okabe tell Mayurii the truth or will she just keep playing Mommy for now.

And what? Did Okabe meet Karagi in the past.
And Runaway K-6205, does that mean that she was a part of the organization..

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 24, 2021 12:04 PM

Jun 2020
wtf so is shiina kurisu??? 🧐🧐🧐🧐
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 22, 2018

163 by Alrinth »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

197 by Alrinth »»
Apr 9, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 11 Discussion

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

38 by Alrinth »»
Apr 7, 4:11 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

103 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 24, 4:17 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2018

218 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 16, 5:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.