Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 20, 2018 6:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That scene with Sakura and all her zombie girls together resting for their performance showed how close they've became altogether.

Glad to see that she's on board again with the idol business. They need her and she is a big part of their group. I find their attire for this particular episode to be clean and professional. Fits for making one final impression of themselves for sure.

The stage collapsed during their performance but they don't give up. I find that damn inspirational and they deserved that standing ovation. What a series tbh. One of my favorites this season, 9/10.

Go idols!
Stark700Dec 20, 2018 6:55 AM
Dec 20, 2018 6:55 AM
Jul 2016
Really need season 2 --> last seconds of the episode...
Dec 20, 2018 7:03 AM

Feb 2016
THIS ANIME IS AWESOME!!!
GO FRAN SHUSHU!!!
Dec 20, 2018 8:16 AM
Oct 2018
hope there is second season.
one of the best anime this season.
9/10.
Dec 20, 2018 8:29 AM

Nov 2016
Honestly surprise of the season for. Gotta admit that the first episode caught me off guard in a bad way, but once I knew what I was into I fell in love. Hilarious comedy and tear jerking drama on a high level. This final episode even managed to put one on top.

Great stuff 8/10

Season two or at least an OVA pls.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 20, 2018 8:47 AM

Apr 2016
After the mediocrity that was the last two episodes, this episode was as satisfying as episore 5 was funny, awful CG dancing aside. Finally, Yugiri feels like a worthwhile addition to the show, which hasn’t been the case since episode 5. Tae is once again MVfuckingP. EVERYONE IS HERE! EVERYONE IS HERE!!!
Dec 20, 2018 9:09 AM

Jul 2017
Tae's short but sweet backstory is just wrecking crew bad, as zombie as she is, she's an unconscious human at heart who still cares for everyone. Simple but expected of the legend...that brought everyone together.

SO WHO CARES WHEN ZOMBIES HAVE BAD LUCK??? Birds of a feather flock together to finish their last and greatest CGI parodied performance!

In the end, Sakura is brought back in spirit to zombie Earth for everyone's sake, and made something out of her own!

What a show! 9/10
Dec 20, 2018 9:19 AM

May 2015
What an episode, I feel so pumped. Tae was so sweet trying to help Sakura. Also, looks like Kotaro was Sakura's friend from school when she was still alive! No wonder he cares so much for her. Nice that a few things finally got answered, but so much left unanswered. Second season! Second season! Second season!

I'll really miss you Zombieland Saga. 8/10.

♡ artist
サコ
Dec 20, 2018 9:20 AM
Aug 2016
Nice finale, as i expected. Solid 8 or 8.5 for me without a doubt.
But hey, before seeing this episode i was clearly saying that the buildup of the story should need more. Now, just with the last scene, it clearly says that there's more to find.
I don't wanna say i'm 100% sure but the series itself gave to much hints for a possible S2 that it surprised me, for real.
Let's wait and see.

(Oh and btw, Mappa's killing it in last seasons.. ZLS and Banana fish are great and i have good hopes for Kakegurui XX. Nice.)
Dec 20, 2018 9:20 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, this was a really nice finale to end the show!

Sakura’s struggles were pleasantly dealt with, albeit being a little too stretched out imo, and it was heartwarming to see the Franchouchou members share a lot of time bonding. Tae-chan’s short but amusing and heartfelt assistance and part was a nice addtion to the episode, and it was nice to see a lot more focus of her in this finale episode. Yuugiri’s slap to Sakura there in the beginning though, damn you do not want to cross the line when she’s around. Hilarious gags and the sort were a really nice addition to the episode and the performance in the end there was absolutely great, albeit the 3D Animation. It really felt like a gem of a finale episode, and with the intensity of the performance too of course. Stage breaking down and the girls still delivering and going on, was really fulfilling to see. Fans loved it obviously and it’s sweet to see their fan count rising, those two diehard fans shedding their tears in awe of Franchouchou’s awesomeness was touching! Even Frill Girls members were watching their show in awe live, that was cool to see. Cliffhanger though, things are sure just starting, hopefully a 2nd Season is in the making!

All in all, it’s been a pretty good show! First episode suggested something more of a comedy zombie-like show but it soon changed gears and became an idol show, I don’t find this a problem at all actually but I really hoped they’d tone down the drama a bit, I was more interested in seeing each and every character’s backgrounds and such. Even to the bitter end, we still don’t know exactly who Tatsumi, in particular, really is and I was really looking forward to seeing his motives and such in coming up with such a complicated idol programme or so to say. All we know of him so far is that he might have had a little crush on Sakura or so and is a big fan of Idol Saga.

Overall, I’d have to give it a 7/10 with all the five departments in mind.
It wasn’t particularly exceptional nor was it an underwhelming show, just a really fine and fun unexpected idol show that I need more closure and experience from! Maybe this will give me motivation to finally get around to seeing some of the more popular idol shows like the Idol Master franchise and the Love Live franchise. I’m highly looking forward to news of an upcoming 2nd Season, come on Studio Mappa!
_MushiRock11_Dec 21, 2018 2:21 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 20, 2018 9:22 AM

Nov 2018
The first 3 episodes were really great and all, but it started to decay when the parodying aspects disappeared and Zombieland transformed in a conventional and generic idol anime. They left some things unexplained (or with a really poor explanation) and this last episode felt like a Love Live/Idolm@ster/Any idol anime rehash.
3/10
Dec 20, 2018 9:39 AM
Mar 2018
I believe that the character of Tae-chan was the sole saint in this show and not Sakura or Kotaro. Her drool helped bond everyone together and save the day, whenever they were in parill. But this time another bitch-slap-for-the-win helped as well. Must've been Yuugiri's frustration of not having a flashback episode. Even Kotaro had his share of flashback, but it was kinda creepy that he would dig up his crush. But damn, that was a crazy show, but that CGI was always a bit off.
Also, is it just me or does Lily speak in third person? I'm watching it subbed and I swear I can always hear "her" say "Lily" in every sentence.

Hope they will have some sort of OVA or even a second season, though I don't know if that cliffhanger was enough. But from production and ingenuity alone this should have a big fanbase in japan, so the hopes are up...
Dec 20, 2018 9:41 AM

Apr 2016
It was a really good episode. I thought Tae-chan would start talking in this episode but I guess not. I hope that last bit at the end of the episode confirms for season 2.
Dec 20, 2018 9:42 AM
Mar 2018
KANLen09 said:
Tae's short but sweet backstory is just wrecking crew bad, as zombie as she is, she's an unconscious human at heart who still cares for everyone. Simple but expected of the legend...that brought everyone together.

SO WHO CARES WHEN ZOMBIES HAVE BAD LUCK??? Birds of a feather flock together to finish their last and greatest CGI parodied performance!

In the end, Sakura is brought back in spirit to zombie Earth for everyone's sake, and made something out of her own!

What a show! 9/10

What backstory did Tae-chan have? Did I miss something? Kotaro had some backstory, but not Tae-chan...

And I don't know but the whole bad luck, mopey-dopey stuff at the end felt a bit rushed and out of nowhere. Sure anime's need something dramatic shortly before the end, but that could've been done better. At least it was on Nichijou levels of an ending; short but still good...
Dec 20, 2018 9:47 AM

Apr 2014
cygames give S2 now
Dec 20, 2018 9:47 AM

Aug 2017
MY AOTS IS OVER. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

It was a very good show. I'll miss all of you. 8/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 20, 2018 9:50 AM

Jun 2014
What a way to end the show. Sakura finally stopped moping around and even with the problems they faced during their performance, they still got back up to finish it. They've sure come a long way compared to the beginning.

Also, this episode seems to confirm that Kotaro and Sakura did used to know each other, so that gives us some answers regarding why he cares about her so much. I was hoping Tae would awaken at some point, and I thought she was gonna start talking, but I guess not. Well, she was still good comic relief.

I didn't really like this show as much as others in this thread seemed to, but I don't think it was that terrible either. I'd certainly welcome a second season if it ever happens, 6/10.
thebrentinator24Dec 20, 2018 11:44 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 20, 2018 9:53 AM

Nov 2017
So, Inui kun is the hero. I really like Kotaro a lot . I sense an ova to be announced soon. Didn't really enjoy the show that much but i hope for a better second season.
Go franchouchouchou....
KiryuHanabiDec 20, 2018 10:43 AM

Dec 20, 2018 9:58 AM

Feb 2014
I knew it.. Kotaro has something to do with Sakura when she was alive

This definitely need S2.
Dec 20, 2018 10:01 AM
Jun 2017
I wish we got to see the backstory of the dude with the shades. I was shocked when we found out that he handed out a CD to Sakura that appeared to of happened back in high school! I want to know more about him!!!
Dec 20, 2018 10:05 AM

Dec 2017
eh, what a typical idolish ending. tbh, it went to shit after episode 3 with all this idolshit drama. really sad they didn't continue moving in that direction

not enough tae-chan (still amused her VA is the same as Misato's from Evangelion) solid 5/10 just because of that
uninstallthegameDec 20, 2018 10:07 PM
Dec 20, 2018 10:13 AM

Feb 2011
DonTrumpolino said:
Also, is it just me or does Lily speak in third person? I'm watching it subbed and I swear I can always hear her say "Lily" in every sentence.

Yeah, it's a pretty common cutesy thing for Japanese kid characters to use their own name instead of a pronoun, just like Lily does here with her own name.
Dec 20, 2018 10:20 AM

Aug 2012
I need to know more about how Koutarou and Sakura know each other from the past!
Dec 20, 2018 10:24 AM

Dec 2015
Imo this needs a 2nd season. Liked the funny parts and the more serious parts. MAPPA did a great job. I expected a bigger reveal/secret - but the thing with the school and that the manager guy knew Sakura from there ... that was still nice and enough. (Better than trying too much - this was simple and nice.)

Still ... feels a bit incomplete. Good that they haven't put in a full explanation into this episode. Would have ruined the show (less screen time for the event) - but with the end and the magazine reporter guy ... there might be room for a 2nd season or at least a movie or 2-3 OVA episodes.

Staying with 8/10 for this.
Dec 20, 2018 10:32 AM

Sep 2015
Destiny can't mess up with you anymore if you are already dead!
Dec 20, 2018 10:33 AM

Oct 2017
This is my first idol anime, because they pulled the wool over my eyes... and I loved it! 8/10, the CGI was terrible.
Hope we can get a second season.
Dec 20, 2018 10:36 AM

Apr 2010
I already knew about Kotaro and Sakura, because Yugiri said "Kotarou really care about her, he treats her differently" So I thought that He loved her in past and did not settle for her death.
But I think TAE can be a member of his family, for this reason "number 0" maybe his sister (it's my theory).

And Yes, I love Saki, But in the end Sakura was the best Girl this show, so she is my new waifu.

10/10 -- It's been a while since an idol anime has not made me so happy ( since Love live first season)
Dec 20, 2018 11:02 AM
Mar 2015
Great show. I think Kotaro knew Sakura in when he was in school. That newspaper guy has figured out who those girls are
Dec 20, 2018 11:04 AM

Oct 2014
Ignoring the bad CG + the bad animation in some scenes, this series was such a great surprise

I'll miss these girls so much, just announce the second season already mappa!

And YES MY SHIP IS (kind of twisted because Sakura is fucking dead) REAL
Wait, did you just say that Jojo is shit?
Dec 20, 2018 11:12 AM

Jul 2015
It kind of reminds me of Katowice 2006 disaster.

Dec 20, 2018 11:17 AM

Mar 2011
Sad it ended, now we got to see that Kotaro knew about Sakura, I want to know more, also why he never took off the sunglasses.
Tae was a blessing, such a pure girl
Dec 20, 2018 11:28 AM

Jul 2014
What an ending! The performance was amazing and so exciting....... I even shed some tears, damn it!

Anyway, overall, great show with good comedy, characters and music. No one knew what to expect from this show but it managed to hook people up with its great first two episodes.. The last scene leaves completely open the possibility for a second season, which I would love, I want to see more of these zombie girls and obviously Kotaro, whom we could finally know was a classmate/friend of Sakura, but I want to know more!
SkyLETVDec 22, 2018 8:29 AM
Dec 20, 2018 11:28 AM

Dec 2014
glad to see a connection of Sakura and the producer... still it ended on a good note
Dec 20, 2018 11:30 AM

Jun 2017
So pre-death Sakura ended up merging with post-death Sakura in the end, that's pretty cool.

And wow Koutarou actually attended the same school as her when she was alive.

Fuck yeah! That season 2 teaser :DD, well can't say I didn't see it coming since that guy was suspicious from the start.

Hyped for more!
Dec 20, 2018 11:32 AM
Mar 2018
Xenobreaker said:
I need to know more about how Koutarou and Sakura know each other from the past!

Well, were your eyes shut during this episode the whole time? Okay, there was only a 99% chance that this is really where they know each other from, but still this was like no challenge to come up with. It also negated my prior theory that Kotaro may be a zombie, because he aged...

TsukuneGintama said:

But I think TAE can be a member of his family, for this reason "number 0" maybe his sister (it's my theory).

My guess is still that she is that one girl that tried to console her back in school in episode 11. Your theory is a bit more speculation, but I guess we have to wait for season 2 to find out. Because that season will deal with more p-t-s-drama...
DonTrumpolinoDec 20, 2018 12:11 PM
Dec 20, 2018 11:49 AM

Apr 2016
I seriously cannot believe how much I loved this show. Such a damn stupid concept ended up being one of my favorites of the season. Since it's selling well in Japan hopefully, we get a season 2.
Dec 20, 2018 11:50 AM

Sep 2017
I'm really, really sad that this anime went for the generic idol stuff in the end. If it had stayed true to the first episodes, it could have been AOTS, honestly. However, I can't say that I didn't enjoy the comedy of the episodes and Mamoru Miyano having the time of his life voice acting Koutarou... But then again those 3d dance numbers are straight out of Love Live and I hate it so, so much. 5/10, for now.

This show still has some promise to it, so I'll wait to see where s2 takes this. However, if their intention with this ending was indeed to move away from the comedy into more generic idol-type stuff my score might go down a point or two.
miguitronikDec 20, 2018 11:54 AM
Dec 20, 2018 11:55 AM

Jul 2015
9/10, freaking loved this anime, outstanding as a comedy while still delivering hard with feels moments.

Woah, so the producer knew (and most likely was in love) with Sakura when she was alive? I didn't expect that.

The finale was left very open and with the last scene I can imagine a S2 coming, I really hope it happens!
Dec 20, 2018 11:57 AM

Aug 2012
DonTrumpolino said:
Xenobreaker said:

Well, were your your eyes shut during this episode the whole time? Okay, there was only a 99% chance that this is really where they know each other from, but still this was like no challenge to come up with. It also negated my prior theory that Kotaro may be a zombie, because he aged...

No offense, but I'm not sure where your reply to my post came from as I have no idea how your reply relates to my post.

It was already blatantly obvious from the beginning that Kotarou knows Sakura. Now that the anime decided to show a glimpse of their past with that one quick flashback in this episode, I simply want to know more about what happened to them in the past. My post was very short and simple. I don't see how you could've misunderstood it.

Have I opened my eyes during this episode? Of course I did, that's why I said what I said. lol They literally showed only a 10 second flashback. Sakura even referred to the guy as Inui-kun. Who the hell is Inui-kun? It's probably Kotarou's real name. Why is he hiding his real identity then? Probably for Sakura's sake. Why is he helping Sakura become an idol? Who knows. By the way, there's already a 99% chance you've noticed but if not, I'm being sarcastic.
Dec 20, 2018 12:00 PM

Mar 2016
Ooo this was a great ending episode! Glad Sakura sorted everything out!

I sorta hate that they pointed out this past relationship between koutarou and Sakura... like NOW I want to know more about this... also Tae-Chan and Yuugiri.... I wanna know there backstories.

Not sure if those last few seconds were a hint at a season 2.

I really enjoyed this show this season! 7/10 for me :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2018 12:01 PM
Mar 2013
Finally, the magazine writer has found there should be something completely unexplainable about the member.
Perhaps these photos were taken when they were alive and I guess the report there says they had died about 10 to 30 or more years ago.

In addition to that, it seems Tatsumi's old name was Inui. He and Sakura knew each other when she was alive.

htsujiDec 20, 2018 12:23 PM
Dec 20, 2018 12:02 PM

Mar 2016
Xenobreaker said:
DonTrumpolino said:

Well, were your your eyes shut during this episode the whole time? Okay, there was only a 99% chance that this is really where they know each other from, but still this was like no challenge to come up with. It also negated my prior theory that Kotaro may be a zombie, because he aged...

No offense, but I'm not sure where your reply to my post came from as I have no idea how your reply relates to my post.

It was already blatantly obvious from the beginning that Kotarou knows Sakura. Now that the anime decided to show a glimpse of their past with that one quick flashback in this episode, I simply want to know more about what happened to them in the past. My post was very short and simple. I don't see how you could've misunderstood it.

Have I opened my eyes during this episode? Of course I did, that's why I said what I said. lol They literally showed only a 10 second flashback. Sakura even referred to the guy as Inui-kun. Who the hell is Inui-kun? It's probably Kotarou's real name. Why is he hiding his real identity then? Probably for Sakura's sake. Why is he helping Sakura become an idol? Who knows. By the way, there's already a 99% chance you've noticed but if not, I'm being sarcastic.

LMMMMMAAAAAOOOOOOO
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2018 12:04 PM

Jan 2013
Ok ending, could've been better.
At least we got a glimpse of the managers past... Although it was way too short.
Dec 20, 2018 12:17 PM

Sep 2017
What a blast. That was a great ending and performance cgi aside. I found my dumbass clapping at the computer screen. As I've seen suggested before, Koutarou actually did know Sakura in high school. Perhaps a close friend or someone he had a crush on -who knows. There is a still a lot that could be revealed or expanded on, and with an ending like that I very much think the studio is interested in making a second season if this does well enough. I would very much welcome that!
Dec 20, 2018 12:18 PM
Mar 2018
Xenobreaker said:

Well, I was just replying to your "how". And the answer was clearly school, which I thought you didn't get, even though you wanted the full story, to which I have to quote Kotaro "Does it matter, why?!"

(To be honest the how, what and why in this show was never supposed to be given, Like half the cast should have disintegrated and at least one fully vanished from this earth)
Dec 20, 2018 12:20 PM

Apr 2014
10/10

Ended on a cliffhanger, there better be a season 2 in the future

Dec 20, 2018 12:26 PM

Feb 2017
Yamada Tae is indeed legendary and Yugiri's slap proved effective!
Great performance! I am so happy for them!

With how it ended and with how many unresolved stuff we are left it's fair to assume that there will be season 2 sometime in the future.
TsarkoDec 20, 2018 12:29 PM
Dec 20, 2018 12:30 PM

Dec 2014
Good finale albeit a very classic ending as expected.

Tae's awakening scene was gold and I loved the shot of all the girls with their hair down, Saki-chan and Yugiri especially. <3
Yugiri's slap though. XD

The whole theme of persevering despite all the bad luck was quite endearing and I love the fact that Franchouchou is basically a group of people brought together by bad luck. Paints a really nice picture of perseverance and comradeship.

It looks like Kotaro does indeed know Sakura, interesting.

I felt the CG was a little at choppy at times but it was still quite good.

Overall, a really good show and definitely the among the best idol shows released in the last few years especially since idol anime with the exception of Love Live haven't been all that great recently so this was a really welcome addition to the mix. Comedy was fantastic, outstanding voice acting especially from Mamoru who delivered one of his best performances yet.

8/10, would love a second season.
Dec 20, 2018 12:32 PM

Sep 2016
I was hyped before, but now that they showed that quick flashback about Kotaro a s2 is a must
So...Kotaro x Sakura?
Dec 20, 2018 12:37 PM

Jan 2013
thus ends 2018 as the year of themed idol shows. first two episodes were great...everything else is a mix bag. the good is great but the bad (the Junko/Ai and the eventually obvious Sakura stuff) is very annoying!

as someone said, Yugiri has been totally worthless and is only there to be the "adult" and slap sense into people. her role could've easily been done by one of the other girls like Ai whom Sakura was a fan of. but gotta have a samurai-era girl for shits and giggles

Tae, Saki and yes Romero the dog are the highlights and best characters of this. the death metal dudes are very devoted followers since day 1. and Shrimpy's episode was nice too.

we got at least a snippet of what Kotaro is to Sakura...even if its only for one second. and that ending seems like a cliffhanger hmmmm

7/10. they took a great concept, started off great, and eventually turn it into another cookie cutter idol show with some good stuff in between
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2018

138 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2018

117 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2018

378 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 12:18 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2018

171 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 11:19 AM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2018

159 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 4, 11:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.