Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime 'Kenja no Mago' Announces Additional Cast Members

New
Dec 20, 2018 2:18 AM

Nov 2007

The official website for Kenja no Mago TV anime has announced additional cast members and theme song artists. It was previously announced that the virtual talent Nanami Yoshi. will be performing ending theme song, along with Maya Hinanogi joining as a cast member. The opening theme song will be performed by i☆Ris. The anime is slated for Spring 2019.

Cast
August von Earlshide: Shouhei Komatsu (The iDOLM@STER SideM series)
Sicily von Claude: Rina Honnizumi (Hug tto! Precure)
Maria von Messina: Yuki Wakai (Kiratto Pri☆chan)
Merlin Walford: Yuusaku Yara (Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu series)
Melinda Bowen: Gara Takashima (Detective Conan series)

Teaser

Source: Moca News
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 20, 2018 2:43 AM

Jul 2015
That pv ending
Sicily looks so adorable
tragedydesuDec 20, 2018 2:47 AM
Dec 20, 2018 3:16 AM
Jul 2018
This looks pretty good. I hope they handle the protagonist's character well. It's going to be hard to make someone who 'lacks common sense' to become a likeable character.
Dec 20, 2018 3:57 AM
Aug 2016
Looks like we're in for another Death March shitshow..
Dec 20, 2018 4:20 AM

Apr 2014
ClickBaitBuster said:
doesn't look like death March at all despite similar staff and studio, but go off sis.
Dec 20, 2018 4:24 AM

Jan 2017
I have zero expectations from this anime.
Dec 20, 2018 4:34 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Another isekai from Silver Link with an even worst looking staff than Death March, no thanks.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 20, 2018 4:37 AM

Apr 2013
Hm the second trailer doesn't really convince me either. Wonder why it always has to be isekai instead of a protagonist born in that fantasy world.
Dec 20, 2018 4:37 AM

Jan 2017
DatRandomDude said:
Another isekai from Silver Link with an even worst looking staff than Death March, no thanks.

Trust me if you have read the manga, you will understand that what sort of generic trash this series is gonna be.
Dec 20, 2018 4:51 AM

Apr 2018
The animation looks decent at least
Dec 20, 2018 5:01 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Should be better than Death March.
Dec 20, 2018 5:06 AM

Aug 2014
Antagonized said:
Should be better than Death March.

Yes but that still won't it good considering it technically is the same OP MC and Isekai formula.

Enjoyable? yes maybe to some people
Dec 20, 2018 5:35 AM

Sep 2008
The manga is pretty fun and have a decent amount of action, it have nothing to do with the shitty death march.
I really like the manga so i hope the adaptation is well made.
Dec 20, 2018 7:13 AM

Jan 2015
finally a non garbage isekai, thats new
Dec 20, 2018 7:53 AM
Aug 2016
moodie said:
ClickBaitBuster said:
doesn't look like death March at all despite similar staff and studio, but go off sis.
That's exactly why I said what I said, Death March had some serious inconsistency problems. Well of cours that doesn't mean automatically that this will be as bad but that PV doesn't look promising.
Dec 20, 2018 8:05 AM

Jan 2017
I may be the black sheep here, but I think Death March is way better, well, at least, the originals are. Kenja no Mago is a better pair to Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records in that matter, and that was just... Sad. Well, it's definitely better than the Smartphone one.

Gator said:
Hm the second trailer doesn't really convince me either. Wonder why it always has to be isekai instead of a protagonist born in that fantasy world.

1) It's trendy. 2) No need to worry with character building and worldbuilding, since the MC is a nobody in an unknown place. 3) More relatable like this (Arguable). 4) Cheats are worth writing ability (Why care about creating a way to have characters communicating with people they can't understand when they can receive a "translator"?). 5) Did I already say it's trendy?

Overall, Isekai is the definition of pulp fiction, you know what to expect and you just get it, quickly and cleanly.
UtsuuDec 20, 2018 8:12 AM
Dec 20, 2018 12:14 PM

Sep 2009
Despite using a bunch of Isekai cliches, this series also denies a bunch of them.

Most of the characters are likeble and the MC does not hesitate in some things most of Isekai MCs do (like killing human enemies or communicating properly with his girlfriend).

I like the concept of magic here. It is very understandable and gives enough space for the new spells being used.

It is damn rare case when instead of going typical harem root the author gave one girl to MC and paired most of other characters with each other.

I only read up to the end of the LN volume 2 at the moment but the the situation is such:

- MC and main herione are in relationships and are officially engaged.
- MCs best friend (Augusto, the prince) has a fiance with which he also has a really lovely relationships.
- Two of the MCs companions from the Magic Shool are dating.

And, as I read, by the vol. 8 the numbver of pairs grew.

In general it reminded me the recent Knights & Magic in a lot of points. But with no mecha and with a decent romance.
Dec 20, 2018 1:40 PM
Jul 2018
I remember reading the manga long time ago and it was way too cringe and ridiculous as expected from typical isekai.
Jan 19, 2019 5:55 AM

Nov 2017
I noticed that the first major update for news concerning this anime was back on September 20th last year, then Dec 20th last year as you can see from reading this thread.

That means, the next major update concerning other cast members as well as the Main PV which would include the voices of those characters as voiced by the Seiyuus would be released tomorrow on Jan 20th ?
EhurvaksJan 19, 2019 6:03 AM
I frown at recent installments of Persona and Trails of Cold Steel that introduce harem-like elements in the story.

We need more JRPGs like the past Lunar series, where there are multiple romantic pairings in the party other than for the protagonist and main heroine.

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by dimidrum »»
3 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 9 hours ago

4 by Memore »»
5 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 7 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
7 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 8 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
7 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.