Forum Settings
Forums

Weekly Shounen Sunday Announces New and Returning Works

New
Dec 4, 2018 7:53 AM

Nov 2007

The first 2019 issue of Weekly Shounen Sunday announced works that will begin serialization and ones that will be returning on Wednesday.

Starting with the second and third combined issue releasing next week, Kei Nishimura (Sakuraba-senpai wa Hatsukoi) will start a new series titled Imouto Rireki. Main character Sakitarou will get to know his own sister on his computer, which has her cellphone history synchronized. In the fourth and fifth combined issue releasing on December 26, Aya Hirakawa (Tenshi to Akuto!!) will start a new series titled Fire Rabbit!!. A boy with glasses who aims to be a pro gamer meets an injured firefighter, and ends up "burning" his cold heart! In the sixth issue releasing on January 9, 2019, Ashibi Fukui (Shinobi no Kuni: Anthology-ban) will start a new series titled Ano Natsu -1959-, which is about reaching a high school boy's grandfather's dream of going to Koushien. In the seventh issue releasing on January 16, 2019, Shinya Misu (Osananajimi no Karen naru Henshin) will start a new serialization titled Undine wa Kyou mo Koi wo suru ka?. A love story between a human boy and pure god-like girl begins with a misunderstanding!

The fourth and fifth issue will also have a spin-off one shot story by Kotoyama (Dagashi Kashi) titled Ito Okashi. A manga adaptation of the live-action Touken Ranbu movie by Rokurou Ogaki (The Unlimited: Hyoubu Kyousuke art) will also start in the sixth issue. Ryoko by Kaito Mitsuhashi will also resume in the eighth issue releasing on January 23, 2019. It was also teased that a new work by Rumiko Takahashi will begin next Spring, after having finished serializing Kyoukai no Rinne last December. More information will be announced in later issues.

Weekly Shounen Sunday was established in March 1959. It has publicized many popular manga series that have been adapted into anime, such as Detective Conan, Hayate no Gotoku!, Kyoukai no Rinne, Ranma ½, Gin no Saji, Major, Dagashi Kashi, Ushio to Tora, Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai, Rekka no Honoo, and more.

Source: Comic Natalie
tsubasaloverDec 11, 2018 7:02 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 4, 2018 7:58 AM

Jan 2016
Oh man, so many new works in future. Nice.
Dec 4, 2018 11:06 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
We can hope that one of them can make it big? Hopefully.
Dec 4, 2018 2:33 PM

Feb 2013
Is that a Dagashi Kashi spinoff about best girl Hajime I see? Because I will very gladly take it.
Dec 4, 2018 7:15 PM

Mar 2015
i hope not lot older series sacrificed for this...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Dec 4, 2018 8:55 PM
Mar 2015
The return of Takahashi At 60 she should be good for another 20 years
Dec 4, 2018 10:53 PM
Oct 2018
legend takahashi san is back.

i cant wait for this
Dec 4, 2018 10:57 PM
Jan 2013
At least Wakai Tamiki is not coming back now.

Good riddance to that rotten trash.Sunday should kick him out for good

Dec 4, 2018 11:18 PM

Jun 2011
Does anyone know the title of the series on the top left? The one on the panel beside Rinne's. I really like the artstyle of the hair on that guy. I think the Japanese letters kind of say "water goddess something today something something love"?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Dec 4, 2018 11:57 PM

Nov 2007
@ToG25thBaam Yes, it is Does Water Goddess (Undine) Fall in Love Today, too?
tsubasalover said:
In the seventh issue releasing on January 16, 2019, Shinya Misu (Osananajimi no Karen naru Henshin) will start a new serialization titled Undine wa Kyou mo Koi wo suru ka?. A love story between a human boy and pure god-like girl begins with a misunderstanding!
tsubasaloverDec 5, 2018 10:17 PM
Dec 5, 2018 12:05 AM

Jun 2011
tsubasalover said:
Yes, it is Does Water Goddess (Undine) Fall in Love Today, too?
tsubasalover said:
In the seventh issue releasing on January 16, 2019, Shinya Misu (Osananajimi no Karen naru Henshin) will start a new serialization titled Undine wa Kyou mo Koi wo suru ka?. A love story between a human boy and pure god-like girl begins with a misunderstanding!
Ah so that's why I couldn't find it in the post, didn't know about Undine being a water goddess. Thanks a bunch!
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Dec 5, 2018 1:22 AM

Nov 2007
@ToG25thBaam :) Even though the text in the image provided is small, Water Goddess reads Undine according to the source article.
1月16日発売の7号では三簾真也「水女神(ウンディーネ)は今日も恋をするか?」
tsubasaloverDec 5, 2018 1:43 AM
Dec 5, 2018 7:11 AM

Dec 2015
Dysisa said:
Is that a Dagashi Kashi spinoff about best girl Hajime I see? Because I will very gladly take it.
It's a one-shot apparently.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 5, 2018 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
Been reading Ryoko for awhile. It's a series no one really talks about but really glad to see it return next year.
Dec 5, 2018 8:09 AM

Feb 2013
joe_g7 said:
Dysisa said:
It's a one-shot apparently.

I'll take whatever I can get.

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
5 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Today

21 by VanishingKira »»
9 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
12 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.