Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2018 11:59 PM

Oct 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
They did it!
Those crazy people did it!

For the first time... character in Precure has been hit by a truck.
I wasn't expecting that and it felt brutal to be fair.
Did they also changed OP with Henri as one of generals? That was pretty neat.

Than Henri became a Precure.
FINALLY! It took them a while to get there but Hugtto is just kind of series that would do crazy stuff like that. Wished for more complicated transformation but I'll take that one.
And moment Masato saves him at the end was cute, such adorable couple.

Next week, we're dealing with Homare and then Hana is going to snap, it seems.
Dec 2, 2018 1:00 AM
Jun 2011
Dalek-baka said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
They did it!
Those crazy people did it!

For the first time... character in Precure has been hit by a truck.
I wasn't expecting that and it felt brutal to be fair.
Did they also changed OP with Henri as one of generals? That was pretty neat.

Than Henri became a Precure.
FINALLY! It took them a while to get there but Hugtto is just kind of series that would do crazy stuff like that. Wished for more complicated transformation but I'll take that one.
And moment Masato saves him at the end was cute, such adorable couple.

Next week, we're dealing with Homare and then Hana is going to snap, it seems.
next week we wrap homare future decisions and such since we close to the season end
Dec 2, 2018 1:56 PM
Oct 2017
i wasn't really paying attention and then
Dec 2, 2018 6:11 PM

Jul 2015
God bless Toei for pushing forward and making Henri become a Precure, I don't think that he will join the cast for real after this event but I loved seeing it happening so much, props to them.

Fantastic episode, Henri was already pushing himself way too far and not even being able to put an end to his career after a performance due to the truck accident was tragic (kids show btw), hopefully this event will make him overcome the situation and find another thing he can put his everything into.
Dec 2, 2018 9:50 PM

Apr 2016
God bless Juni Sato. Too bad he probably won't be a permanent addition to the cures though.
Dec 2, 2018 10:08 PM
Jun 2011
Bluekirby2 said:
God bless Juni Sato. Too bad he probably won't be a permanent addition to the cures though.
yes after all we near the end of hugtto precure
Dec 3, 2018 6:09 AM

May 2018
Bluekirby2 said:

yeah, but hey, if Precure last long enough for another mega-crossover thing like what Hugtto did during ep 37 he'd be eligible to appear again :D

Also uh, Kurai can just re-brainwash his minions? He didn't bother to do that with everyone else but he did so for Ristor?
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Dec 3, 2018 6:09 AM

May 2018
Bluekirby2 said:

yeah, but hey, if Precure last long enough for another mega-crossover thing like what Hugtto did during ep 37 he'd be eligible to appear again :D

Also uh, Kurai can just re-brainwash his minions? He didn't bother to do that with everyone else but he did so for Ristor?
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Dec 3, 2018 8:34 AM
Jun 2015
The only thing that irritated me was that Hana reached out to Henri when he was trapped. I thought that it would be Homare or at least Emiru's brother because I personally think they share a deeper connection with Henri than Hana.
Dec 3, 2018 12:56 PM

Mar 2008
Never expected in 15 years of Precure to see a boy become Precure! (even for a moment) Also seems Cure Yell should be Cure Aile, all the other Precure have french names.
Dec 3, 2018 3:26 PM

Apr 2013
This episode was far beyond my expectations. I was afraid it would turn out to be redundant, but not at all.

Like, emotionally, it was a blow. Henri's breakdown felt pretty real, even though Truck-san's apparition was maybe a little too much. But, like, is that really Precure ?? Madmen ! I like that !
Then, the first male Precure. I'm kinda disappointed by his lack of real action though, but it still blows my mind that it actually happend for real. We got a little bit of it last season, but here he gets a name, and I like it a lot.
Finally, Cure Yell's name explanation blowed my mind !! I'm French and I didn't even noticed it sounded like "Aile". I was really like "WOAW, IT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE!". This season is so, so good.

Seeing the preview, everything is wrapping up slowly and nicely for our characters's struggles as the end of the season approches. Let's hope the same happens for the themes and the plot of the series.

Also:
xP4SSI0N said:
The only thing that irritated me was that Hana reached out to Henri when he was trapped. I thought that it would be Homare or at least Emiru's brother because I personally think they share a deeper connection with Henri than Hana.

I quite agree. But I guess it's because of Cure Yell's encouragement and the strength of it that she was the one reaching out. The episode made a point to highlight the fact that Hana is a strong emotional support to her friends, so it was natural that she should be the one to reach out, otherwhise the whole point was kind of lost.
Dec 3, 2018 5:08 PM
Apr 2017
It's official, Henri and Masato are my fave males in Precure now.
Dec 13, 2018 8:39 PM

Jan 2013
I'm ecstatic over Henri's inclusion, I can't believe I'm seeing this right now, haha.

That fall.. and the proceeding slide and catch. Super charming.
Dec 22, 2018 10:16 PM
Jul 2015
As a fan of the series, and like other boys who are fans of the series, this is a really bad idea to make Henri a Pretty Cure. We never demanded a boy to be a Pretty Cure. Pretty Cure has always been a magical girl genre, and we accepted that only females can be a Pretty Cure. He is not even a good Cure either because he wasn't even hitting the monster, and we never wanted a 7th Cure. If Henri is only going to be a Cure for 1 episode, it's not going to be any better. Tarte from Fresh Pretty Cure is a much better male Pretty Cure than Henri. This is when Hugtto Pretty Cure is jumping the shark for a ratings trap. This is the most disappointing thing that the Precure series has ever done since Doki Doki.
Jan 4, 2019 12:34 AM

Apr 2014
Luigithemetal64 said:
As a fan of the series, and like other boys who are fans of the series, this is a really bad idea to make Henri a Pretty Cure. We never demanded a boy to be a Pretty Cure. Pretty Cure has always been a magical girl genre, and we accepted that only females can be a Pretty Cure. He is not even a good Cure either because he wasn't even hitting the monster, and we never wanted a 7th Cure. If Henri is only going to be a Cure for 1 episode, it's not going to be any better. Tarte from Fresh Pretty Cure is a much better male Pretty Cure than Henri. This is when Hugtto Pretty Cure is jumping the shark for a ratings trap. This is the most disappointing thing that the Precure series has ever done since Doki Doki.

News flash: Nobody cares.
You're scared a boy appeared on your screen in girly outfits before you can nut.
Jan 7, 2019 1:23 AM

Apr 2014
Phenomenal! A male precure for the first time ever! Lovin' this series.
Oct 28, 2019 2:34 PM

Apr 2009
GAHHHH!
-that feels like such a cop-out,
>:C!

but, i guess, even precure-magic-junk can't heal the kind of leg-problems he's got -3-
poor dude, got nothing more than a short dream -_-

poor Henri throughout though, from the moment he showed up, this anime has thrown everything in his way to make him feel bad,
i would have kinda hoped for another episode before he'd try to deal with it, cuz he's had so much sh*t thrown his way from day one. not only being bashed for liking to appear more feminine, but his voice getting darker, him getting taller, then he's got his leg that's getting worse, and in the end he still doesn't get to make the grand leave he wished for cuz he got hit by a truck,

i was really wanting for him to be a more permanent addition, despite his voice and height >:c
making it just one flighty moment felt just too cruel considering everything he's been put through thus far T3T
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Mar 18, 2020 9:35 PM

Dec 2008
Oh, it's the male precure episode which I was partly spoiled for. It ended up being really good.

I'm relating to both the protaganists and antagnonists here, which is the sign of a really good series for me.

On the other hand, I don't get Homare/Harry at all, no, not even as a one sided thing. But if that turns out to be her story, oh well. I'd almost prefer Homare/Anri, though I really like their friendship as is, plus Masato seems pretty gay for Anri. Well, next episode we get some Homare focus, hooray.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hug tto! Precure Episode 1 Discussion

ichii_1 - Feb 3, 2018

42 by NG_Chloe »»
Jan 29, 6:12 AM

Poll: » Hug tto! Precure Episode 49 Discussion

Dalek-baka - Jan 27, 2019

34 by Fuwa_san »»
Sep 28, 2023 12:09 AM

Poll: » Hug tto! Precure Episode 37 Discussion

Dalek-baka - Oct 21, 2018

25 by Atsunome »»
May 24, 2023 2:11 AM

Poll: » Hug tto! Precure Episode 36 Discussion

silverwalls - Oct 14, 2018

14 by Atsunome »»
May 24, 2023 1:07 AM

Poll: » Hug tto! Precure Episode 13 Discussion

minimiau - Apr 28, 2018

14 by CMYK »»
Apr 5, 2023 5:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.