Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Nov 25, 2018 11:20 AM

Feb 2017
i dont understand what you guys discuss.
what make you all think lily is a trans?

the only indication is her past name, and her growing some leg hair and some abnormal growth.

- even though her past name is Masao, it doesnt mean a male name, there is no rule someone with male name must be a male.
and her new name must be just a performance name or artist name. it doesnt mean masao change her name cause of change gender, it just her performance name.

- every male or female are be able to grow excessive hair like on legs or facial hair.
also there is an abnormal hair growth like lily has.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Nov 25, 2018 12:32 PM
Apr 2018
Guys, can you please refrain from using the term "trap", Lily is not a crossdresser, she's a genuinely transgender character.
Nov 25, 2018 12:40 PM

Jun 2017
Sophichan said:
Guys, can you please refrain from using the term "trap", Lily is not a crossdresser, she's a genuinely transgender character.

Imma debunk your ass

http://imgur.com/a/Z8SmJJw

• "I'm surprised we never noticed in spite of how close we've been all together"
  • "Ah, who cares! Doesn't matter what kind of junk she's got."
  • "Besides, we're all zombies."
  • "It honestly make me wonder what exactly zombies are."
  • "To think that we're never going to age..."
  • "Lily-chan is going to stay Lily-chan"
  • "And none of us ever going to change"

The whole thing basically means Lily and the rest of the girls are zombies and don't really age. Nothing to do with being trans or anything.

I'd like to see how you're gonna refute back.
Nov 25, 2018 12:54 PM

Oct 2010
Malfin said:
Sophichan said:

Imma debunk your ass

• "I'm surprised we never noticed in spite of how close we've been all together"

The whole thing basically means Lily and the rest of the girls are zombies and don't really age. Nothing to do with being trans or anything.

Not sure how can you read "what kind of junk she got" in context and don't understand genitalia but hey up to you.

And then you have the rest of the narrative you are ignoring, like how all the time two alternatives are presented, Masao and Lily, and Lily choosing the later disregards the former, and not whatever other identity you make up.
Nov 25, 2018 12:55 PM

Jul 2017
It's a trap, we get one like every other season. Where are all these idiots coming out of the woodwork crying about "s-she's a trans you bigot" coming from? Tumblr? What a non issue, thank God Japan just ignores nonsense the western fandoms love to cook up.
Nov 25, 2018 1:00 PM

Nov 2009
GreenEmu said:
It's a trap, we get one like every other season. Where are all these idiots coming out of the woodwork crying about "s-she's a trans you bigot" coming from? Tumblr? What a non issue, thank God Japan just ignores nonsense the western fandoms love to cook up.

Yeah, we all kow transgender don't exist in Japa-

https://myanimelist.net/anime/8426/Hourou_Musuko

:Thinkingemoji:
Nov 25, 2018 1:00 PM
Apr 2018
Malfin said:
Sophichan said:

Imma debunk your ass

You debunked shit.
1- All the characters in the show reffer to her by female pronouns (she/her).
2- She wanted her named changed, she didn't like the masculine name she had before.
3- Lily is happy that she's not going to age because she won't have to go through male puberty.
4- The fact that they didn't notice before that she wasn't AFAB, was because Lily passed perfectly as female, and she wouldn't feel a need to be telling anyone that fact, most transgender people don't want you knowing you're transgender too.
4-Lily litteraly died of gender dysphoria, when she noticed male puberty (by starting to grow facial hair) she couldn't bare it.
Nov 25, 2018 1:03 PM

Jul 2017
Bernrika said:
GreenEmu said:

I don't know what the point of this post was other than to prove to me that you're illiterate. Please show me where I indicated that trannies don't exist in Japan? They do exist in Japan, but what does that have to do with a trap character in a comedy anime about zombie idols?
Nov 25, 2018 1:08 PM

Oct 2010
Bernrika said:
GreenEmu said:

But that is the Japanese appealing to Western standards to sell of course! Trans people don't exist! It's a SJW conspiracy!

Yeah, this is some shit I've actually read today.
Nov 25, 2018 1:20 PM

Jun 2017

• jal90 said:
    Not sure how can you read "what kind of junk she got" in context and don't understand genitalia but hey up to you.

• jal90 said:
    And then you have the rest of the narrative you are ignoring,

Kinda a bit of hypocritical of you calling me out for “ignoring” the rest of the narrative, yet you ignored rest of my rebuttal for the girls are just zombies who don’t age and has 0 relevancy for Lily being a trans.

jal90 said:
like how all the time two alternatives are presented, Masao and Lily, and Lily choosing the later disregards the former, and not whatever other identity you make up.

Too bad Lily has never refer to herself as either 僕 or 私.
Nov 25, 2018 1:27 PM

Oct 2010
Malfin said:

• jal90 said:

• jal90 said:
    And then you have the rest of the narrative you are ignoring,

Kinda a bit of hypocritical of you calling me out for “ignoring” the rest of the narrative, yet you ignored rest of my rebuttal for the girls are just zombies who don’t age and has 0 relevancy for Lily being a trans.

jal90 said:
like how all the time two alternatives are presented, Masao and Lily, and Lily choosing the later disregards the former, and not whatever other identity you make up.

Too bad Lily has never refer to herself as either 僕 or 私.

I answered this post of you, not other posts, if you want to be so desperate to call other people hypocritical after a single interaction at least have your facts straight.

And yes, you want to make a case by actually saying that Lily never used masculine pronouns? Not sure if you understand my argument. Of course she doesn't. She's a girl. A girl who says "Masao was my old name".
Nov 25, 2018 1:37 PM
Feb 2012
the funniest thing here is the guy with an avatar of a manga that contains one of the most effeminate men in the entire animanga universe saying

"Why is Japan obsessed with guys who look and act like girls?"
Nov 25, 2018 1:41 PM

Nov 2009
GreenEmu said:
Bernrika said:

I don't know what the point of this post was other than to prove to me that you're illiterate. Please show me where I indicated that trannies don't exist in Japan? They do exist in Japan, but what does that have to do with a trap character in a comedy anime about zombie idols?

Why exactly can't trans characters exist in a comedy anime about zombies?

I don't know what the point of this post was other than to prove to me that you're illiterate.

I'm not sure anyone who can't read and understand a simple character arc can call anyone illiterate.
Nov 25, 2018 2:18 PM

Jun 2017
Sophichan said:

You debunked shit.
1- All the characters in the show refer to her by female pronouns (she/her).

You mean the pronouns which were added just so the translation can be “progressive”? Because originally, Neither Saki nor Junko refer to Lily as female.

https://youtu.be/-lZv4PAV6yk
13:02 "Kawaii desu ne" doesn’t refer to Lily as a female, but as a gender neutral instead

Sophichan said:

2- She wanted her named changed, she didn't like the masculine name she had before.

When you’re a child actress, you're more likely gonna need a feminine name. And that doesn’t make Lily a trans anyway.

Sophichan said:

3- Lily is happy that she's not going to age because she won't have to go through male puberty.

Nice headcanon, but I didn’t ask for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsJM_Xfjyx0&t=50s
^
1:04 ”I am never growing up
1:09 ”I don’t want to look like you, Pappy!”

Lily didn't want to be look like her father

Sophichan said:

4- The fact that they didn't notice before that she wasn't AFAB, was because Lily passed perfectly as female, and she wouldn't feel a need to be telling anyone that fact, most transgender people don't want you knowing you're transgender too.

I don’t disagree with that, an anime character isn’t a trans unless shown otherwise. Too bad not for Lily.

Sophichan said:

4-Lily litteraly died of gender dysphoria, when she noticed male puberty (by starting to grow facial hair) she couldn't bare it.

That’s body dysphoria, Lily was scared of becoming like her father. Lily has never shown to have gender dysphoria. But she did however tho showed for having body dysphoria and fear of getting older.

jal90 said:
And yes, you want to make a case by actually saying that Lily never used masculine pronouns? Not sure if you understand my argument. Of course she doesn't. She's a girl. A girl who says "Masao was my old name".

Not just masculine, but also feminine. Lily never refer to herself as male or female. Show me that Lily has ever used either 僕 or 私, I'll  wait.
MalfinNov 25, 2018 2:34 PM
Nov 25, 2018 2:21 PM

Dec 2017
ahneeme said:
the funniest thing here is the guy with an avatar of a manga that contains one of the most effeminate men in the entire animanga universe saying

"Why is Japan obsessed with guys who look and act like girls?"
Hol'up. I hate berserk, but calling guts effeminate is like calling Ippo an outboxer.
Yeah right there is no way a doujin about vomit exists.
Good song https://soundcloud.com/yeungkakit33/op4-hekireki-last-alliance
Tsumino account is BigMaraIppo
Another Good Song Listen to テスト by mukami #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/mukami/77a
Ashita no Joe and Megalo box are disappointing anime.
My reviews:https://myanimelist.net/profile/Botan-Chan45/reviews
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
discord name: Chitoge Kirisaki#9564
https://discord.gg/nGKu6zx my discord server for plebs
Nov 25, 2018 2:28 PM
Jun 2015
Its not a trap, its a transgender character. It should have been obvious through the dialog of her being angry at her father about "You don't worry about the real me." When her dad retorts a little leg hair is not bad and can be edited out she is still angry at them. If the anime was not subtle enough, Sakura is wearing transgender pride flag pattern on as her pants when they are talking in the park. The manager even comments on how he knew and doesn't care and sees her as Lily not as Masao.

LGBT issues sometimes appear in anime because Anime/Manga/LN often caters and portrays themes that relate to social outcasts in Japanese society. Its often the framework for themes in Anime that talk about social issues and its probably what inspires creators to include these topics into their shows.
Nov 25, 2018 2:33 PM

Oct 2010
Malfin said:
jal90 said:

Not just masculine, but also feminine. Lily never refer to herself as male or female. Show me that Lily has ever used either 僕 or 私, I'll  wait.

Yep, I just read about that other too, I first only took into account your first example which is a masculine pronoun. I'm still not sure what's your counterargument here. My original point was that Masao and Lily were the two alternative names that were brought for Lily and she disregarded the former and picked the latter. I'm saying this mainly because some other user mentioned explicitly above that post that "Lily" was just a stage name, so I wonder what would be the name she'd use for her routine since she made pretty clear that Masao was a thing of the past.
Nov 25, 2018 2:54 PM

Jun 2017
jal90 said:
Malfin said:

Not just masculine, but also feminine. Lily never refer to herself as male or female. Show me that Lily has ever used either 僕 or 私, I'll wait.

Yep, I just read about that other too, I first only took into account your first example which is a masculine pronoun. I'm still not sure what's your counterargument here. My original point was that Masao and Lily were the two alternative names that were brought for Lily and she disregarded the former and picked the latter. I'm saying this mainly because some other user mentioned explicitly above that post that "Lily" was just a stage name, so I wonder what would be the name she'd use for her routine since she made pretty clear that Masao was a thing of the past.

My point was, Lily only called her "Lily" as someone who's no longer growing up like they used to when they were alive. Which makes it has 0 relevancy for Lily being a trans by acual context itself.

12:21 "I'm still Lily, and that's who I'm always going to be. Zombies don't grow after all."
Nov 25, 2018 2:58 PM

Aug 2010
Malfin said:
Sophichan said:

Imma debunk your ass

The japanese verb used "tsuiteru" in this context means having a male genitalia. No mistaking it.
Masao is a masculine name, not a unisex one. You can't give it to a girl according to the japanese law.
Nov 25, 2018 3:06 PM

Aug 2014
OzuHanoi said:
Yngvar_VI said:

LMAO, try to stop me from calling Lily a trap

Do you feel positive emotions when you go against instructions people politely gave you? Am I supposed to see this as a proof that you are someone who's right, or at least have a life or a reason for just not being a total dumbass on the Internet? I think not. Do not talk to me again if it is for telling me such stupid bullshit. I have no time to lose with you people. Thanks.

I generally only follow instructions from people above me at work.
Requests, on the other hand, are something I don't mind complying when they are poplitely presented AND they are not moronic.

which is not the case, lily is a trap.
GLORIA FORTIS MILES
Nov 25, 2018 3:10 PM

Sep 2018
it doesn't matter, Lily is a zombie anyways and the dick only makes it better
Nov 25, 2018 3:13 PM

Oct 2010
Malfin said:
jal90 said:

My point was, Lily only called her "Lily" as someone who's no longer growing up like they used to when they were alive. Which makes it has 0 relevancy for Lily being a trans by acual context itself.

12:21 "I'm still Lily, and that's who I'm always going to be. Zombies don't grow after all."

Well, Lily calling herself Lily basically disregards the whole thing about it being her stage name only, because she consistently uses it as a personal pronoun in any circumstance and situation.

Anyway, you are stretching a lot this interpretation when Lily had a masculine name before she specifically disregards in 11:29 ("That was my old name") and in 12:43 ("I am not Masao anymore! I am Lily!").

Lily being a trans girl is certainly not the least logical conclusion here, your stretch is and a lot. You need to reinterpret context as the zombie girls simply referring not growing up as a generic thing when it's brought in the context of a conversation about Lily, you need to ignore that Lily had a masculine name that she specifically refers as her "old name", you need to talk about body dysphoria instead of gender dysphoria when the character specifically mentions that she won't look like her father followed by the facial hair scene and preceded by talk about her leg hair, you don't mention Saki's phrase that specifically talks about male genitalia... I mean, it's exhausting and you could simply say that Lily is a transgender girl because every single scene makes more sense that way, as well as her entire character arc shown in this episode.
jal90Nov 25, 2018 3:17 PM
Nov 25, 2018 3:26 PM

Jul 2017
Bernrika said:
GreenEmu said:

I don't know what the point of this post was other than to prove to me that you're illiterate.

I'm not sure anyone who can't read and understand a simple character arc can call anyone illiterate.

Why do you keep putting words in my mouth? Again point where I said trannies can't exist in anime. And I can call you illiterate because you clearly can't read, that or you're purposely misreading my posts in an attempt to get offended over some trivial nonsense.

Regardless I think Lily is a trap, and I will refer to him as such. If people consider him to be a tranny and want to play the pronoun game then by all means go right ahead. Just stop getting butthurt because others don't want to go along.
Nov 25, 2018 3:35 PM

Nov 2009
GreenEmu said:
Bernrika said:

Why do you keep putting words in my mouth? Again point where I said trannies can't exist in anime. And I can call you illiterate because you clearly can't read, that or you're purposely misreading my posts in an attempt to get offended over some trivial nonsense.

"I'm not saying transgenders can't exist in anime, I'm saying this transgender character clearly isn't because uuuuuh." Don't worry, nonsensical denial is on par with people like you (Who all post the same, down to the "BASED JAPAN SO DIFFERENT FROM TUMBLR WEST". NPC much?)

Regardless I think Lily is a trap, and I will refer to him as such. If people consider him to be a tranny and want to play the pronoun game then by all means go right ahead. Just stop getting butthurt because others don't want to go along.

Traps don't identify as the other sex - Astolfo and Hideyoshi are perfectly fine with who they are and can't help looking cute. Lily rejects her previous identity and name - as well boyish attributes. You can't follow a simple character arc, that's why you don't get to call other people illiterate.

Also, no one is butthurt, except people like you who are so triggered by the sole existence of a transgender character lol. You literally had to construct a DEEPSTATE narrative over subs being fake because you couldn't accept reality.
BernrikaNov 25, 2018 3:38 PM
Nov 25, 2018 4:29 PM
Oct 2013
Botan-Chan45 said:
AsukaHellsoldier said:

You go straight to the insults rather quickly. I aced Philosophy and Geography, and was pretty good at Biology. Sorry to disappoint you on the Dumbness expectations.

By your use of trans slut like tranny on this thread, I think we're settled that at least you don't have much regard for them as human beings.
>tells me shit about his knowledge
>does this on the internet
You sir are the embodiment of triggered

''Blah blah blah, people make everything political''. ''Blah blah blah, you are triggered''. ''Blah blah blah, I said the word tranny''. ''Blah blah blah, who said I hate trans?''.

Do you need a trigger warning for when people state opinions contrary to yours?

Bernrika said:
GreenEmu said:

"I'm not saying transgenders can't exist in anime, I'm saying this transgender character clearly isn't because uuuuuh." Don't worry, nonsensical denial is on par with people like you (Who all post the same, down to the "BASED JAPAN SO DIFFERENT FROM TUMBLR WEST". NPC much?)

Traps don't identify as the other sex - Astolfo and Hideyoshi are perfectly fine with who they are and can't help looking cute. Lily rejects her previous identity and name - as well boyish attributes. You can't follow a simple character arc, that's why you don't get to call other people illiterate.

Also, no one is butthurt, except people like you who are so triggered by the sole existence of a transgender character lol. You literally had to construct a DEEPSTATE narrative over subs being fake because you couldn't accept reality.

To be honest with you, even if the characters came out with trans flags, I don't think they'd even ponder the possibility. This seems like a lost fight.
I am Aleister Morningstar, once General of the 13th Battalion of the Hellsoldiers, and now the Grand-Lord of the Grand Order of the Hellsoldier.

I am Hellsoldier, first and foremost.
Nov 25, 2018 4:41 PM

Dec 2017
AsukaHellsoldier said:
Botan-Chan45 said:
>tells me shit about his knowledge
>does this on the internet
You sir are the embodiment of triggered

''Blah blah blah, people make everything political''. ''Blah blah blah, you are triggered''. ''Blah blah blah, I said the word tranny''. ''Blah blah blah, who said I hate trans?''.

Bernrika said:

To be honest with you, even if the characters came out with trans flags, I don't think they'd even ponder the possibility. This seems like a lost fight.
I dont know why you even try to argue when you only say stupid af shit. Your next line is ,"blah blah blah ummm you cant argue xd blah blah blah."
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
Nov 25, 2018 5:19 PM
Oct 2013
Botan-Chan45 said:
AsukaHellsoldier said:

I dont know why you even try to argue when you only say stupid af shit. Your next line is ,"blah blah blah ummm you cant argue xd blah blah blah."

You're the one who can't even argue. I mean look:

-Your language isn't all that articulate;
-Your go-to tactic is insults;
-You seem to have a short memory, not remembering he said ''tranny'';
-You say I say stupid shit but won't even try to pin-point where is it that I said stupid shit;
-You presented no valid argumentation;
-You call an opposing view as simply politicizing; and...
-Get all triggered when people point out that you are not politicizing it any less, as your argumentation seems to come out of a dusty Gamergate manual that Milo must've left behind or something.

Seriously, I debated economic policy, social policy, philosophy (be it Kant or Ayn Rand), sexuality and even the nature of language. This is BORING! You are boring. You can't contribute to a debate. At least the other bigots give me more meat to chew.

Whatever, I can't even... I'm dealing with a triggered snowflake here. Come on, come at me. Give me your best shot.
I am Aleister Morningstar, once General of the 13th Battalion of the Hellsoldiers, and now the Grand-Lord of the Grand Order of the Hellsoldier.

Nov 25, 2018 5:36 PM

Oct 2017
Me still wondering why people making a big deal out of this. Lily is a trap. But what other people are spouting about Lily being a "trans" could also be true, since this show doesn't really clear what it is. I mean admit it or not, she's clearly a trap, but at the same time you can't say if she isn't a trans, like this show doesn't give much revelation about it so there are people who'll interpret shit in the way they find the most comfortable with and you can't deny this. So get over it already.
Nov 25, 2018 5:46 PM

Feb 2010
KatsutoSaki said:
Me still wondering why people making a big deal out of this. Lily is a trap. But what other people are spouting about Lily being a "trans" could also be true, since this show doesn't really clear what it is. I mean admit it or not, she's clearly a trap, but at the same time you can't say if she isn't a trans, like this show doesn't give much revelation about it so there are people who'll interpret shit in the way they find the most comfortable with and you can't deny this. So get over it already.

Basicly what I've been saying now watch as you get attacked by all the snowflakes on both sides of the argument who can't handle the truth
that humans can interpretate things differently

its dangerous in this thread you'll need this
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Nov 25, 2018 5:59 PM
Aug 2018
Cool, another post calling a trans person a trap in 2018.
Nov 25, 2018 7:11 PM

Dec 2017
AsukaHellsoldier said:
Botan-Chan45 said:

-You say I say stupid shit but won't even try to pin-point where is it that I said stupid shit;
-Get all triggered when people point out that you are not politicizing it any less, as your argumentation seems to come out of a dusty Gamergate manual that Milo must've left behind or something.

Seriously, I debated economic policy, social policy, philosophy (be it Kant or Ayn Rand), sexuality and even the nature of language. This is BORING! You are boring. You can't contribute to a debate. At least the other bigots give me more meat to chew.

Whatever, I can't even... I'm dealing with a triggered snowflake here. Come on, come at me. Give me your best shot.
>calling me a snowflake
I was right in my prediction. I never denied the use of tranny, not like the word has any power to it unless you give it power. And I never made it political. Surprisingly you guys made it political after sometime and even accuse me politicizing the subject when you are already balls deep in flags, sentences, and trying to even "understand" japanese. All your arguments are dumb. Just reread it, thats all im gonna tell you

Geocorn said:
Lmfao nice joke there dude, but a person complaining about a trap being called a trap in 2018 is way worse
Nov 25, 2018 7:12 PM

Oct 2017
Also, I agree with @Malfin. Lily being a trap is very clear from what was shown and said in the episode. But hey, people are free to interpret anything and make themselves feel "good". At the end, this is how humans are, they interpret shit the way that makes them feel better even if they're wrong.
Nov 25, 2018 9:58 PM
Apr 2018
/What's with all this hate going on? If someone identifies, goes by, calls themselves by a name that is typical of a specific gender, you should assume (and respect) that they identify with the gender that name typically belongs to.
In this series Lily calls herself Lily, and everyone calls her Lily, meaning it's more than a stage name.
Let's also remember that noone knew Lily's deadname, which is normal for transgender people to not be saying it outloud, this was until Lily talked with Sakura, and we notice how the dad kept deadnaming her all the time, which was most probably done to accentuate the fact of how little her fathered care about her, until she died.
Nov 25, 2018 11:27 PM

Jan 2014
She's not a "trap". She's trans. Her name is Lily and her pronouns are she/her.
Nov 26, 2018 2:06 AM

Oct 2010
KatsutoSaki said:
Also, I agree with @Malfin. Lily being a trap is very clear from what was shown and said in the episode. But hey, people are free to interpret anything and make themselves feel "good". At the end, this is how humans are, they interpret shit the way that makes them feel better even if they're wrong.

Are you... trying to appear as conciliatory with this post? xD
Nov 26, 2018 3:45 AM
Oct 2013
Botan-Chan45 said:
AsukaHellsoldier said:

>calling me a snowflake
I was right in my prediction. I never denied the use of tranny, not like the word has any power to it unless you give it power. And I never made it political. Surprisingly you guys made it political after sometime and even accuse me politicizing the subject when you are already balls deep in flags, sentences, and trying to even "understand" japanese. All your arguments are dumb. Just reread it, thats all im gonna tell you

Geocorn said:
Lmfao nice joke there dude, but a person complaining about a trap being called a trap in 2018 is way worse

Here we go...

Look, while I agree with Marilyn Manson when he said that words have the meaning we want then to have, and that they depend on context, fact is: I don't know you, so I don't know what your intention is. Add to that that many in the community actually consider the term offensive, specially when applied to them, and if you add the fact that many times it IS used for derogative purposes, and of course people will think you are indulging in transphobia.

We are not going to agree on the subject that is Lily unless/until there is an ultimate confirmation on the subject, by a writer, director, or what have you. I have no problems accepting this much

And I have no problem in apologizing for getting your intentions wrong. But please understand one thing: The Internet, spedially forums and the like, are toxic as hell. People being purposefully offensive is the norm around here. And as somebody who had a bad experience with that in person, I am battle-ready. That I actually have friends in the LGBT community, also helps.

Nonetheless, if I got it wrong, then the only there is for me to do is to apologize. To you specifically, since I don't know what's in the others' minds.

Sophichan said:
/What's with all this hate going on? If someone identifies, goes by, calls themselves by a name that is typical of a specific gender, you should assume (and respect) that they identify with the gender that name typically belongs to.
In this series Lily calls herself Lily, and everyone calls her Lily, meaning it's more than a stage name.
Let's also remember that noone knew Lily's deadname, which is normal for transgender people to not be saying it outloud, this was until Lily talked with Sakura, and we notice how the dad kept deadnaming her all the time, which was most probably done to accentuate the fact of how little her fathered care about her, until she died.

Well, yeah. That was and is my assumption. Though it wasn't as if he didn't care. It's that he lost focus of the harm inflicted. Ultimately, greed is evil, and it can corrode even the best of people, unless they are super strong-willed.

Nov 26, 2018 4:05 AM

Apr 2016
KatsutoSaki said:

You mean they self projecting their personal shit into a medium ?

Yep that's the anime community.
Nov 26, 2018 5:39 AM

Jul 2017
I'm just going to call Lily a trap because that's what he is in my eyes. Lmao at people getting so worked up over "muh pronouns" over a fictional character. This entire thing started because one person called him a trap and then some idiot started sperging out about how Lily is a trans and if you refer to Lily as a trap you're a bigot.
Nov 26, 2018 5:51 AM

Feb 2017
Imagine being so uneducated that you don't know the difference between trap and transgender.... yikes

Lily obviously wants to be referred to as "she". It doesn't take rocket science in order to grasp that. Some people stay ignorant I guess....
Nov 26, 2018 6:11 AM

Apr 2016
GreenEmu said:
I'm just going to call Lily a trap because that's what he is in my eyes. Lmao at people getting so worked up over "muh pronouns" over a fictional character. This entire thing started because one person called him a trap and then some idiot started sperging out about how Lily is a trans and if you refer to Lily as a trap you're a bigot.

Yeah, imagine being so triggered over a fictional character lmao.

Its a trap, that's how it is called in anime community, and if people don't like that, their problem. Idol anime without a trap ? lel.
Nov 26, 2018 6:16 AM

Oct 2017
Swagernator said:
GreenEmu said:

Its a trap, that's how it is called in anime community, and if people don't like that, their problem. Idol anime without a trap ? lel.

Funny how you're saying this, when you aren't even watching this series.
Nov 26, 2018 6:19 AM

Apr 2016
KatsutoSaki said:
Swagernator said:

Funny you mentioned only me, when this whole shitstorm is full of users who dont even care about the show, they just heard "trap=treansgender" and they hurried up to argue about anything they can find.

MAL at its finest.

It's once again what happened to Astolfo from F/A, everyone was so focused on him being trap they forgot how good character he actually was. Fucking pathetic.
SwagernatorNov 26, 2018 6:23 AM
Nov 26, 2018 7:10 AM

Oct 2017
Swagernator said:
KatsutoSaki said:

Funny you mentioned only me, when this whole shitstorm is full of users who dont even care about the show, they just heard "trap=treansgender" and they hurried up to argue about anything they can find.

MAL at its finest.

I just checked every user who posted on this thread. And there were only three users, who hadn't watched this show, who took part in the so-called "shitstorm". And guess what? All of them were defending how she's a trap and not a transgender, and all of them were a bunch of trolls. So which thread were you referring to? What happened to your baseless claim? You're just as baseless as usual. And then asking why I quoted only you? Guess you aren't any better than them, and are as worthless as they were.

@Bernrika
He's just here for "attention". Ignore him.
KatsutoSakiNov 26, 2018 7:13 AM
Nov 26, 2018 10:32 AM

Oct 2009
I'm really enjoying this thread.

Nov 26, 2018 10:40 AM

Jul 2017
I'm guessing the idiot above me is referring to me as one of these "trolls"? Imagine being you and actually going through peoples profiles to validate your headcanon that those who have a different opine than you must not be watching the show. I'm watching this show along with several other this season, I barely use MAL so I only really update what I watched once in a blue moon. But sure keep acting like a baby throwing a tantrum because some people dare to have different opinions.

Funny how you lot can just spout out baseless insults like having the nerve to call someone homophobic, yet the second someone comes in and gives you a little shit you all start crying like little children. And to the other idiot in this thread who has made it her personal crusade to defend a 2D trap, please stop trying so hard to bait because it's honestly pathetic. You won't get any replies from me because I don't like arguing with children.

And with that I'm out of this thread to enjoy this show about a bunch of zombie idols one of whom is a trap. See ya.
Nov 26, 2018 9:05 PM

Jul 2016
Lily isn't a trap.

♛She's a trans queen♛
Nov 26, 2018 9:07 PM

Jul 2016
Jotakak said:
She's not a "trap". She's trans. Her name is Lily and her pronouns are she/her.

FINALLY, YES! THANK YOU.
Nov 27, 2018 12:31 AM

Sep 2009
Wanna watch me make it snow?

*clears throat*

TRAP

Nov 27, 2018 1:57 AM

Oct 2014
The evidence Lily is a trap is:
-her name is Masao
-When she is growing up, she started growing some hair

Is that really enough evidence? I watched the whole episode and it never in crossed in my mind that Lily is a boy.

some girls do grow hair. There are girls that are more hairy arms or legs than most boys. There are also boys which has no hairs on their legs or underarms.

The name Masao. I don't know, maybe his father named her that because he is manly? I mean, here in our country, the name Sam is for boys but I know some girls who shares the same name. Sam, Alex, Ariel, etc.

And bout the honorifics of -kun, according to google:
In business settings, young female employees are addressed as -kun by older males of senior status. It can be used by male teachers addressing their female students. Kun can mean different things depending on the gender. Kun for females is a more respectful honorific than -chan, which implies childlike cuteness.

You guys are just overacting. For me, Lily is a girl. Unless the author or the future episodes reveals that he is a boy.
Nov 27, 2018 2:13 AM

Oct 2017
@Gazz

That's what I thought too at first. But then, when I re-watched the episode it was clear that Lily's a trap.

The last image explains it all.

Here are the next two scenes, if you still don't think so.

But people who are saying she/he is a trans, they're completely wrong (have already mentioned this earlier in my posts not gonna repeat it again).
KatsutoSakiNov 27, 2018 2:18 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2018

293 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2018

138 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2018

117 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2018

378 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 12:18 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2018

171 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 11:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.