Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 24, 2018 1:35 AM

Sep 2011
Well being into iM@S for years, this thing doesn't shock me anymore.
I don't know if it's a good because I'm now somehow more tolerant or a bad thing because anime degeneracy has now corrupted me.
Nov 24, 2018 2:22 AM
Oct 2018
delta5 said:
I appreciate that it gave us a totally ridiculous and funny death scene. One hair...LOL. That was brilliant.

Also I like that the reveal wasn't just played for laughs alone. I think the episode had some unexpected emotional depth too, and that's what makes the show stand out.

It wasn't all really because of one hair. It was a combination of constant overworking at the age of ten and the pressure of puberty, keeping her from being a girl. She also may have had genetic diseases from her mother, who died early. It was just that the one hair put her in enough shock because she realized that she couldn't keep acting much longer, that pushed Lilly over the edge. In fact, I'd say that Lilly had the saddest and least funny/random death so far.

Edit: Looking back I just realized how ridiculous this was. Why am I getting so worked up over this?
Nov 24, 2018 3:10 AM

Aug 2010
Hakisak said:
oryouohagi said:
Oh my god, how did your opinion change of the show, after this big reveal?

it changed a lot, lily was one of my favorites from the show and I was excited for the Doujins/r34's. but now not so much. I know a lot of people will disagree with that but not all of us are gay, so please be respectful, if that makes sense.

Aren't we all a little gay?
Fushitsusha said:
1) she’s trans, not a “trap”, and if a trans character being portrayed in a positive fashion makes you so upset/weirded out there’s something wrong with you
2) she’s canonically 12 years old, so stop being hornballs over her being a “TRAP WAIFU” you fucking creeps

Yeah, I stand corrected, she is a trans, although can't deny the whole setting gives her a trap nature.
On the 12yo part, we could argue, I think she's a lot more, but we are still treading on the hazardous field of necrophilia, so I won't go further down on this line of thought.
Nov 24, 2018 4:15 AM
Oct 2018
Basically it's a dude dress like chick has a dick. Its fucking gay.
Nov 24, 2018 4:21 AM

Jun 2013
I figured as much especially after Lily grew a single hair on his chin and the name: MASAO.
臭い-
Nov 24, 2018 6:25 AM

Jun 2017
Bibimbapski said:
I figured as much especially after Lily grew a single hair on his chin and the name: MASAO.

Also, Lily-chan used to be called Masao-kun , so that too I guess other than the name and the single hair.
Nov 24, 2018 6:57 AM

Sep 2017
I really overestimated the intelligence of the people in this community... Have y'all never heard of a trans person?
Nov 24, 2018 7:02 AM

Aug 2010
Hellitself said:
I really overestimated the intelligence of the people in this community... Have y'all never heard of a trans person?

Yeah, as I said, I stand corrected. She's a trans, although I think being a trap still stands in this case? As the viewer didn't know from the get go?
Nov 24, 2018 7:17 AM

Mar 2013
oryouohagi said:
Yeah, as I said, I stand corrected. She's a trans, although I think being a trap still stands in this case? As the viewer didn't know from the get go?

How does that make somebody a trap? Trans people just want to be seen as their preferred gender
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Nov 24, 2018 7:23 AM

Oct 2009
HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!!! HOW VERY DARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 24, 2018 7:27 AM

Aug 2010
EvenJellyOn said:
oryouohagi said:

How does that make somebody a trap? Trans people just want to be seen as their preferred gender

I think being a "trap" is just a narrative trope, not a gender or anything. A trap is a character, that is not the certain sex they seem to be for the viewer, and has little to do with the gender they identify with. That being said, a trap could be any gender they chose, it really is just about how they are perceived by the viewer. But that's just my opinion, correct me if I'm wrong
Nov 24, 2018 7:49 AM

Aug 2010
Reybun said:

Hey, psst... come closer, I want to reveal you something...

They are right though, she is a trans, although I don't think being trans automatically closes out being a trap.
oryouohagi said:

I think being a "trap" is just a narrative trope, not a gender or anything. A trap is a character, that is not the certain sex they seem to be for the viewer, and has little to do with the gender they identify with. That being said, a trap could be any gender they chose, it really is just about how they are perceived by the viewer. But that's just my opinion, correct me if I'm wrong
Nov 24, 2018 7:54 AM

Jun 2013
Reybun said:
OzuHanoi said:
yeah btw tr*p is a transphobic term would you please mind not using it, thanks a lot

Fushitsusha said:
1) she’s trans, not a “trap”, and if a trans character being portrayed in a positive fashion makes you so upset/weirded out there’s something wrong with you
2) she’s canonically 12 years old, so stop being hornballs over her being a “TRAP WAIFU” you fucking creeps

Hellitself said:

Hey, psst... come closer, I want to reveal you something...

THIS. Japan will continue to use traps as a means of comedy and very few people actually care. They will also continue to sexualize women, underaged children, etc. as a means of comedy too. If people are offended by these things then they should stop watching Japanese Anime and reading Japanese manga too. It's not meant for people who are easily offended. Otaku men and women in Japan sexualize their faves all the time, just look their fanart.
臭い-
Nov 24, 2018 7:56 AM

Oct 2017
Lily was never an interesting character to begin with.
Nov 24, 2018 8:28 AM

Oct 2009
windeen-windy said:
Cabron said:
Lmao just stop.

#30characterlimit

*Blinks* Yeah..... I don't know if that transphobic comment was serious.

It came from one of the "non-binary" "they/them" types, it most likely was serious.

Slightly funny image.
GogettersNov 24, 2018 8:35 AM
Nov 24, 2018 8:49 AM

Mar 2008
oryouohagi said:
Oh my god, how did your opinion change of the show, after this big reveal?

It was a good anime before and continues to be a good anime now.
Why anynone's "opinion" would "change" with the last episode?

oryouohagi said:

Well, it definitely changed for the better for me, that's why I'm asking you see.

I have to say.
Good things are good.
Well done things even better.
But, I disagree a bit with this vision that some have that, just because a series ticks some positive flags it becomes "better", "worth it". The quality of Zombieland Saga remains the same after this episode, it didn't became good or better just because it's trans friendly. The reason I don't like this very much is the implication that other series are lesser if they don't include this side, like it was obligatory.

And I can add that it wasn't as good as it should be, this episode, because how Yuugiri was neglected.
PaninaManinaNov 24, 2018 8:53 AM
Nov 24, 2018 8:50 AM

Dec 2017
Gogetters said:

It came from one of the "non-binary" "they/them" types, it most likely was serious.

i gotta go with an oof for this one chief.

that some nasty remarks there
Nov 24, 2018 9:01 AM

Aug 2010
PaninaManina said:
The reason I don't like this very much is the implication that other series are lesser if they don't include this side, like it was obligatory.

And I can add that it wasn't as good as it should be, this episode, because how Yuugiri was neglected.

This is not a zero-sum game. Just because an anime is now considered better on its OWN scale for depicting progressive ideas, that doesn't mean other shows will be considered worse for not doing so. Most of the time, other shows' themes don't even encourage such ideas, let alone depict them explicitly, thus this show being able to do so is a GOOD thing on it's own.

At least that's how I see it.
Nov 24, 2018 9:11 AM

Mar 2008
oryouohagi said:

This is not a zero-sum game. Just because an anime is now considered better on its OWN scale for depicting progressive ideas, that doesn't mean other shows will be considered worse for not doing so. Most of the time, other shows' themes don't even encourage such ideas, let alone depict them explicitly, thus this show being able to do so is a GOOD thing on it's own.

I agree that's a good thing.
A part of the reason, the way it was so "neutral" ended being a point of controversy. Many are showing not being able to process tne narrative and accept what really happened.
Nov 24, 2018 9:33 AM

Aug 2010
PaninaManina said:
oryouohagi said:

I agree that's a good thing.
A part of the reason, the way it was so "neutral" ended being a point of controversy. Many are showing not being able to process tne narrative and accept what really happened.

I saw a bunch of people not even realizing the whole situation on twitter too. It completely went by their heads, and when they realized what was going on, they raged about it. Although it's not like it was depicted in any harmful or over-the-line way either. It was pretty neautral, just like you said.
Nov 24, 2018 11:38 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Gogetters said:
Slightly funny image.

Glad someone compiled an image like that. I've seen a lot of nasty stuff on Twitter, much of it threatens or encourages physical harm. Unfortunately, this is the kind of crowd Zombieland Saga has drawn in.

If you even look at any discussion about it, it's nothing but this garbage and cursing "cis males". In the end, these are the people who never cared about the show. They won't be buying the merchandise, they won't be buying the DVDs, hell they weren't even here for the first 6 episodes. They only now seem to care because of this one episode.

Remember when watching this show was about cute zombies doing hilarious stuff?
Nov 24, 2018 11:42 AM

Sep 2016
My opinion on the anime won't change, is just a stupid comedy that lost its charm after episode 2. Also, does liking a zombie trap makes you gay and necrophiliac?

Nov 24, 2018 11:44 AM

Sep 2016
Fushitsusha said:

With all due respect. Who the fuck cares if is a she or a he? Is just a character from a season anime, there's no valid reason to go full berserker on this.
EvocationWizardNov 24, 2018 11:51 AM
Nov 24, 2018 12:55 PM

Sep 2016
Fushitsusha said:
DonDask said:

With all due respect. Who the fuck cares if is a she or a he? Is just a character from a season anime, there's no valid reason to go full berserker on this.

i mean seeing as this thread is full of people proclaiming the character is “ruined”, calling her a boy and “he”, saying they’re gonna drop the show because of a trans character, it seems like a lot of people care. also, as a trans girl, i care if people are being transphobic nonces. we exist, and having a positively-portrayed trans character for once is a good thing

Ohhh, you're trans? I wasn't aware of that, I don't look the profiles of the people on this forum. And, about the positively-portrayed trans character I think that there are other form of media that does that even better, I starting to think that maybe she was revealed as a trap or a trans (I go with the first one) because they know that adding that sells, and a lot. If you take a look at most modern anime, they add "traps" because the male audiece buys all that crap, not because they want to portray transgenders
Nov 24, 2018 1:02 PM

Oct 2010
Todd_ said:
Gogetters said:
Slightly funny image.

Glad someone compiled an image like that. I've seen a lot of nasty stuff on Twitter, much of it threatens or encourages physical harm. Unfortunately, this is the kind of crowd Zombieland Saga has drawn in.

If you even look at any discussion about it, it's nothing but this garbage and cursing "cis males". In the end, these are the people who never cared about the show. They won't be buying the merchandise, they won't be buying the DVDs, hell they weren't even here for the first 6 episodes. They only now seem to care because of this one episode.

Are you serious? People here are denying the existence of a trans character based on absolutely nothing but denial or blatantly lying about the text of the show. And you are here taking seriously a few random comments on Twitter. Uh, what about not being so fucking one-sided in this discussion.
jal90Nov 24, 2018 1:14 PM
Nov 24, 2018 1:30 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
jal90 said:
Todd_ said:

Are you serious? People here are denying the existence of a trans character based on absolutely nothing but denial or blatantly lying about the text of the show. And you are here taking seriously a few random comments on Twitter. Uh, what about not being so fucking one-sided in this discussion.

Encouragement or threats of violence is never ok, no matter what side of the aisle you stand on.

I just can't help but laugh at those who only now care about the show. It's so disingenuous.

You can believe Lily is trans if you want, that's up to you. But for me, this is nothing more than a trope trap character that's riding on the coattails of popular characters like Alstofo. Nothing more.
Nov 24, 2018 1:32 PM

Jul 2013
My opinion of the show improved. The episode was really well done.

My opinion of the fandom, however... As part of them myself, I must say I’m completely embarrassed.
Nov 24, 2018 1:39 PM

Oct 2010
Todd_ said:
jal90 said:

Encouragement or threats of violence is never ok, no matter what side of the aisle you stand on.

I just can't help but laugh at those who only now care about the show. It's so disingenuous.

You can believe Lily is trans if you want, that's up to you. But for me, this is nothing more than a trope trap character that's riding on the coattails of popular characters like Alstofo. Nothing more.

Let's be clear here. I don't mind your personal opinion. But you are trying to shift the blame to people who interpret this as trans content based on a few Twitter comments out of context. You know that people in this thread alone have said very disgusting transphobic shit, right?
Nov 24, 2018 1:47 PM

Aug 2014
OzuHanoi said:
yeah btw tr*p is a transphobic term would you please mind not using it, thanks a lot

LMAO, try to stop me from calling Lily a trap
GLORIA FORTIS MILES
Nov 24, 2018 1:50 PM

Aug 2014
Rhete said:
She's transgender

Says who?

#30characterlimit
GLORIA FORTIS MILES
Nov 24, 2018 1:51 PM

Aug 2010
Yngvar_VI said:
OzuHanoi said:

Call her whatever you want, if that makes you content.
Nov 24, 2018 2:05 PM

Apr 2015
Yngvar_VI said:
OzuHanoi said:

Do you feel positive emotions when you go against instructions people politely gave you? Am I supposed to see this as a proof that you are someone who's right, or at least have a life or a reason for just not being a total dumbass on the Internet? I think not. Do not talk to me again if it is for telling me such stupid bullshit. I have no time to lose with you people. Thanks.
Nov 24, 2018 2:11 PM

Mar 2008
For those still in denial is good to point out that the anime made very clear what it was doing.

Nov 24, 2018 2:42 PM
May 2016
PaninaManina said:
For those still in denial is good to point out that the anime made very clear what it was doing.

Ah lol I didnt even notice her underwear when I was watching.
But Lily is indeed trans and not that other thing.
Nov 24, 2018 2:59 PM

Oct 2015
Seeing people on twitter butthurt about the trans girl has made me want to watch this show.
Nov 24, 2018 3:21 PM

Oct 2015
Their only evidence that the line about Lily being trans is fake "propaganda" from crunchyroll is from some "japanese expert" who thinks that "arigato goshimashita" is how you say thank you in Japanese.
Nov 24, 2018 3:25 PM

Jan 2017
PaninaManina said:

As for my thoughts about Lily now:

LineraxNov 24, 2018 3:29 PM
Nov 24, 2018 3:27 PM

Mar 2013
oryouohagi said:

Trap is more just crossdressing (think that girl from Danganronpa) and not transgender characters like this and Steins Gate.
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Nov 24, 2018 3:38 PM

Aug 2010
EvenJellyOn said:
oryouohagi said:

Trap is more just crossdressing (think that girl from Danganronpa) and not transgender characters like this and Steins Gate.

I think being a trap is a bigger category, than what being a trans is, or even what a character's chosen gender or sex is for that matter. She's a trap, because her sex is not what the viewer percieved up to the point of the reveal.
Nov 24, 2018 3:59 PM

Nov 2011
I think it’s pretty cool to have a trans character in a popular airing show like this. I feel pretty much the same about her as I did before, and it definitely adds a lot of character depth

Nov 24, 2018 4:22 PM

Apr 2009
Lobinde said:
Their only evidence that the line about Lily being trans is fake "propaganda" from crunchyroll is from some "japanese expert" who thinks that "arigato goshimashita" is how you say thank you in Japanese.

I don't watch this show, but the whole drama popped on my twitter timeline and I have to say it was on of the best self-owns I ever seen lol

https://twitter.com/Xythar/status/1066356199199662085

Nov 24, 2018 6:26 PM

Oct 2015
Anime_Emperor said:
PaninaManina said:

The pattern from the bottom of the trans flag is blue, Pink, White, Pink, Blue. While her clothes were blue, Pink, White, BLUE. The color scheme is clearly different.

The message is clear even if the colours aren't in the exact same order. Stay in denial bucko
Nov 24, 2018 6:59 PM

Jun 2017
PaninaManina said:

Does that change Lilys from not being a trap tho?
Nov 24, 2018 7:03 PM

Aug 2007
Omelettecat said:
I think it’s pretty cool to have a trans character in a popular airing show like this. I feel pretty much the same about her as I did before, and it definitely adds a lot of character depth

^pretty much my thought as well following this episode. Kinda baffling to me how much rage something ultimately trivial (to those complaining, at least) like this can produce. Like, there aren't more productive uses of one's energy? lol

Jin_uzuki said:
Lobinde said:

I don't watch this show, but the whole drama popped on my twitter timeline and I have to say it was on of the best self-owns I ever seen lol

https://twitter.com/Xythar/status/1066356199199662085

Surprised I missed this. That level of self-own shouldn't be possible outside of a team effort. Incredible stuff.
Nov 24, 2018 7:20 PM
Jul 2018
Aight so this is trending now I guess.

Ya'll okay so like... Here's the thing. Traps/cross-dressers use he/him since they're just really pretty guys. And they don't change their name. Not only is Lily called she/her by everyone, but she's made it very clear she doesn't like her birth name being used. Say what you want, but it would appear she prefers to live and be acknowledged as a girl which in it of itself makes her trans. Traps are just cute guys. None of the characters seem to see or treat her as a dude now even now knowing she's got a dick. Why can't ya'll just let trans people have this? I like traps as much as the next. Felix, Astolfo, Hideri, etc, they're all cute af. But considering I can only think of like... two other trans anime characters, does it really matter if there's a third or not? I don't understand why we're all arguing over something so trivial. She's still cute as a button, so what does it matter?

And I understand some people just don't like the idea of trans people. But would it make any sense at all to point to a yaoi/yuri anime and say "they aren't gay because I personally don't agree with the homosexual lifestyle." Cause that's what's happening here. Like it's okay I guess to not *like* what they're doing here, but it doesn't make sense to completely disregard it.

Or let's say, that we're all crazy and we've all completely read this situation wrong. I don't buy for a second that this is some sorta liberal crunchyroll propaganda because that's absolutely retarded. But there is the possibility of a translation error. Is it so wrong to just like... let trans people have a cute loli zombie to appreciate? Ya'll don't gotta rush in to defend your tiny cross-dressing husbando for the underage trap he is cause you don't want to waifu up what some people read as a trans character.
Nov 24, 2018 8:11 PM

Jan 2017
RealmOMFG said:
Aight so this is trending now I guess.

When you mentioned that:
Someone asked about Lily in /r/OutOfTheLoop and the post could reach the frontpage of Reddit for anyone to see (/r/popular).

https://old.reddit.com/r/OutOfTheLoop/comments/9zz153/what_is_going_on_with_lily_from_zombieland_saga/
Nov 24, 2018 8:44 PM

Oct 2018
I'm glad I am not the only one that didn't know she was a trans girl even after watching the episode lol. I thought i was an idiot

Nov 24, 2018 8:47 PM

Feb 2010
wow a lot of people getting worked up over a fictional character backstory not being to there liking.

"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Nov 24, 2018 9:15 PM

Dec 2017
Lobinde said:
Anime_Emperor said:

The pattern from the bottom of the trans flag is blue, Pink, White, Pink, Blue. While her clothes were blue, Pink, White, BLUE. The color scheme is clearly different.

The message is clear even if the colours aren't in the exact same order. Stay in denial bucko
No you dolt, there is no message in this show. Keep your political shit off this show.
Yeah right there is no way a doujin about vomit exists.
Good song https://soundcloud.com/yeungkakit33/op4-hekireki-last-alliance
Tsumino account is BigMaraIppo
Another Good Song Listen to テスト by mukami #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/mukami/77a
Ashita no Joe and Megalo box are disappointing anime.
My reviews:https://myanimelist.net/profile/Botan-Chan45/reviews
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
discord name: Chitoge Kirisaki#9564
https://discord.gg/nGKu6zx my discord server for plebs
Nov 24, 2018 9:17 PM

Feb 2010
Botan-Chan45 said:
STFU PLS, she/he isnt a fucking tranny. Also to the tard saying it's a pride flag, its missing some shit you idiot. Fucking hate when people try to push a political message into a show that has none.

why does it matter if they are trans? doesn't make it political.

people write characters for the sake of characters. its not like anime hasn't had them before.

look at shangiri la and gatchaman crowds.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2018

293 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2018

138 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2018

117 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2018

378 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 12:18 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2018

171 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 11:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.