Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 21, 2018 8:17 AM
Mar 2018
By English I mean japanese people singing in English I personally don’t like that because I can’t understand them but the more I listen to it I understand it. Sometime it worst of they mix it i can tell if they are speaking English or japanese but it still fun
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 21, 2018 8:24 AM

Jun 2008
Doesn't matter what language they sing in. I care more about if the song is good or not.
Nov 21, 2018 8:26 AM

Feb 2018
Obviously in japanese
so i can sing KIMI NO SEI

Nov 21, 2018 8:29 AM
Jul 2018
If the song is enjoyable, it doesn't matter what language they sing.
Nov 21, 2018 8:31 AM

Sep 2018
I like it in Japanese with English phrases or lines.

It's even better when they are subbed in English translated into Japanese Kanji and back into English. eg Sairentaa Purizunaa =Silent prisoner
Nov 21, 2018 8:34 AM

Aug 2018
In English, sung by western people, not Japanese. Like the opening to Serial Experiments Lain.

Now that is an OP.
Nov 21, 2018 8:37 AM

Jan 2013
In Japanese. It has a better feel to it
Nov 21, 2018 8:38 AM

May 2017
I don't like OP and let alone ED, it's crap... But in English it's less shit.

"というわけで。待望の、体 操 服! でっあ~る。祭りであれば、余も着飾ってはいられぬと用意したが……うむ! 心身ともに軽くなったようだ。どうだ? 似合っているであろう、マスター?" - Random Quote From Internet by Saber Nero

Nov 21, 2018 8:39 AM

Feb 2013
somethingtowatch said:
By English I mean japanese people singing in English I personally don’t like that because I can’t understand them but the more I listen to it I understand it. Sometime it worst of they mix it i can tell if they are speaking English or japanese but it still fun
im curious what japanese people singing in English do you know
Nov 21, 2018 8:41 AM
Mar 2018
romagia said:
somethingtowatch said:
im curious what japanese people singing in English do you know

Watch the goblin slayer op you can understand it but the reason I understand it cause the sub

The good japanese and English is black cover op 3
Nov 21, 2018 8:45 AM

Mar 2018
Obviously, like any Weeb

the def of a good song is whether i find it enjoyable or not no matter how shitty the lyrics are or hilariously bad the music is or if the song captures the tone of the show or not

but in all actuality, both, since i understand japanese and english
Nov 21, 2018 8:47 AM

Mar 2018
MrBluee said:
I don't like OP and let alone ED, it's crap... But in English it's less shit.

it also most of the times contain spoilers, does not capture the tone of the show, for some reason, there is a random selection for high pitched ''females'' voices in dark shows and the lyrics are random sometimes

it's not worth it, just skip to the actual show, that's an infinite IQ right there

note: there is also the thing with canon, imagine the show being in russian, yet both the VC for the actual show and ED/OP are in japanese

low budget right there
Nov 21, 2018 8:48 AM

Jan 2016
iLikeAnime18 said:
Obviously in japanese

Kimi no sei, kimi no sei, kimi no sei de watashi
uwu
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Nov 21, 2018 8:49 AM

Mar 2018
MaskOfIce said:
iLikeAnime18 said:
Obviously in japanese

Kimi no sei, kimi no sei, kimi no sei de watashi
uwu

there is no shit taste, there is a taste that like Shit products and a taste that likes gold products
Nov 21, 2018 8:50 AM

Jan 2016
I generally don't care, but sometimes it's nice when it's in English since I do like to sing along and I like it when I actually know what they're saying as opposed to just guessing at the words.
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Nov 21, 2018 8:58 AM
Aug 2018
English obviously, because i skip most ops that has Japanese lyrics with a few exceptions (NGE,Steins Gate etc.)
Nov 21, 2018 9:12 AM
Jul 2018
Japanese of course! English OP's or Eng dubs always sounds out of place, that's why I always watch Anime either with Eng subs or with Russian dubs.
Even Rus OP sounds better than Eng to me
Nov 21, 2018 9:16 AM

May 2013
English openings feel irrelevant so Japanese all the way
Nov 21, 2018 9:17 AM

Feb 2018
Japanese ones usually sound better simply because many English openings sung by Japanese people sound terrible. Their pronunciation is often way off so it just sounds weird.
Nov 21, 2018 9:21 AM

Feb 2016
I am weeb, of course i like japanese more
Nov 21, 2018 9:24 AM

Aug 2018
japanese, the english versions lyrics just sound so out of sync and wrong. Also the Japanese words rhyme because their Japanese and when it's english it just doesn't feel right
Gnyo ho!
Nov 21, 2018 9:24 AM

Oct 2010
Pff, people with good taste like op in russian
Nov 21, 2018 9:29 AM

Aug 2018
Japanese by Japanese cause the pronunciation is weird
Nov 21, 2018 9:31 AM
Jul 2018
@Catalano Yeah, too bad she past away too yearly =.=
Nov 21, 2018 9:39 AM
Mar 2018
Grandassassin said:
English obviously, because i skip most ops that has Japanese lyrics with a few exceptions (NGE,Steins Gate etc.)

You are missing out the more you listen to it the more you like it
Nov 21, 2018 9:39 AM
Mar 2018
FireballKnuckle said:

English by Japanese you mean? Lol it not weird
Nov 21, 2018 9:40 AM
Jul 2018
Damn, I'm stuck on listening that Ghost in the Shell OP for 7 times now...alright moving on..
Nov 21, 2018 9:43 AM
Sep 2017
What kind of a psychopath watches an anime OP in English
“There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground ... and miss."
Nov 21, 2018 9:45 AM

Aug 2018
somethingtowatch said:
FireballKnuckle said:

Japanese ops preferrable, probably should have worded it better. The pronunciation for Engish words sounds odd to me, its heavily accented and kinda out of phase with the Japanese parts which sound a lot more natural. Also the lyrics are cringy. I'd rather the whole thing be in Japanese

Thats not to say there aren't good ones, you mentioned Black Clover op 3 which i really like
Nov 21, 2018 9:51 AM
Mar 2018
FireballKnuckle said:
somethingtowatch said:

Japanese ops preferrable, probably should have worded it better. The pronunciation for Engish words sounds odd to me, its heavily accented and kinda out of phase with the Japanese parts which sound a lot more natural. Also the lyrics are cringy. I'd rather the whole thing be in Japanese

Thats not to say there aren't good ones, you mentioned Black Clover op 3 which i really like

Yeah you right rarely a good one like black cover op3.
Nov 21, 2018 11:00 AM

Mar 2018
DejectedSoul said:
Japanese of course! English OP's or Eng dubs always sounds out of place, that's why I always watch Anime either with Eng subs or with Russian dubs.
Even Rus OP sounds better than Eng to me

*out of place* + *always*

if you mean the tone, first, there is two things wrong with your response

the first being is that it fails at accounting the ANIMATION of the opening, par example, berserk 97 opening is a horrible opening to the tone of berserk as it doesn't capture its tone, song wise and animation wise, it's ''filler'' kind of opening

it's a bad opening

now, if you didn't the tone, and you meant the actual SONG then O boiiiiiiiiii, why did you do this to yourself?, i would understood if you meant English replacement/alternative songs to the actual japanese ones, say like

< this song makes no sense in Yu Yu hakusho context or the animation, there are some who better the japanese ones tone/canon wise but are rare

but here is the thing, instead of pointing it at such thing, you also whether intentionally or incidentally included English cover songs, which are SUPPOSE to be faithful to the Japanese ones

One, here is the thing, lad, The English cover for overlord OP 1 simply betters the JP opening for it, because Any Weeb knows that no jap can speak english and only engrish

it just doesn't come off right and fails at mixing it, you can do it but you will have to choose the right words that wouldn't sound-butcher the other Japanese words/sounds

of course, this is not an all thing case, dragon ball BOG does it right

The English cover for overlord OP 1

Keep in the mind, that the English cover is an unofficial one but point remains valid

as a bonus, your Point fails at accounting shows that were originally/Premiered outside/before of/japan

say like Ulysses 31 which originally is french so the JP OP is a dub one

and did you just say that english feels out of place?, dude? what?

there are a lot of Shows canon wise that speak english but instead they speak japanese, say, ultimate hellsing. seeing brits speaking japanese is a *out of place*

other than that, there is the times japs try to speak english which is awkward

and if you *by some miracle chance* meant that english dubs are bad?

what are you smoking?

the English dub for DB when compared to the Japanese one is like comparing the earth to the sky? you simply don't let a 90 year old lady voice act as a 40 year old man or are you telling me that the russian dubs are so good they betters both of them?

*laughs hysterically *

PhantomnocomicsNov 21, 2018 11:59 AM
Nov 21, 2018 11:02 AM
Jul 2018
I prefer it if the OP is spoken in English...by native English speakers. If an OP is in English but it's sung by Japanese speakers, then I prefer the OP in Japanese. English OPs sung by Japanese sound awful.
Nov 21, 2018 11:51 AM
Sep 2018
In japanese 100% it doesn´t feel the pure essence if u go eng version x)
Nov 21, 2018 11:54 AM
Jul 2018
Phantomnocomics said:
DejectedSoul said:

if you mean the tone, there is case files ''Yu Yu hakusho'' that proves that point is false
No. What I meant was, that, for me as a non-native English speaker, listening in English feels awkward and forced. Also, Anime + English dubs sound silly, it's the same way when (for Exp.) if I would watch some Chinese Kung Fu movie with serious plot in it...but for me, it would sound silly and out of place because of how Chinese language sound, it's pronunciation etc...it's just I can't take it seriously!
Nov 21, 2018 11:56 AM

Aug 2018
l agree with most other responses :D
-If song is enjoyable then it doesn't matter if it's jp or eng

"I want to show that woman the true Yoshikage Kira. I want her to hear how I feel deep inside. That I want to take your slender neck into these hands and strangle you to death."

Nov 21, 2018 11:57 AM

Feb 2010
If I can understand the lyrics directly it definitely enhances my experience of any music, tho ofc they have to be decent too. Which means if japanese people sing in english, if they are understandable and the lyrics make sense (in terms of syntax and content) then I'll probably like them more. But idk how often that is the case. Off the top of my head, most english OPs and EDs that I love are sung by westerners.
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 21, 2018 12:00 PM

Mar 2018
Knightmare_YK said:
What kind of a psychopath watches an anime OP in English

a one that doesn't have a shit/weeb taste to know when an English Op is required
Nov 21, 2018 12:02 PM

Mar 2018
somethingtowatch said:
Grandassassin said:

You are missing out the more you listen to it the more you like it

obviously, because who doesn't like to listen to a song that has

shit shit shit shit shit shit as lyrics in japanese?

and face it, subtitle + song is not a good mix since the subs can be off and the visuals play a part of the song and being distracted from it makes it impossible to watch unless you don't mind
Nov 21, 2018 12:03 PM

Mar 2018
DejectedSoul said:
Phantomnocomics said:

if you mean the tone, there is case files ''Yu Yu hakusho'' that proves that point is false
No. What I meant was, that, for me as a non-native English speaker, listening in English feels awkward and forced. Also, Anime + English dubs sound silly, it's the same way when (for Exp.) if I would watch some Chinese Kung Fu movie with serious plot in it...but for me, it would sound silly and out of place because of how Chinese language sound, it's pronunciation etc...it's just I can't take it seriously!

no issue, lad, i edited it out before you even responded!
Nov 21, 2018 12:06 PM

Mar 2018
HopefulNihilist said:
I prefer it if the OP is spoken in English...by native English speakers. If an OP is in English but it's sung by Japanese speakers, then I prefer the OP in Japanese. English OPs sung by Japanese sound awful.

God has spoken and word of god is absolute truth!
Nov 21, 2018 12:06 PM

Mar 2018
Animere1 said:
l agree with most other responses :D
-If song is enjoyable then it doesn't matter if it's jp or eng

lad ..................*logic.exe.* has crushed
Nov 21, 2018 12:07 PM
Jul 2018
I don't know some Anime OP's with lyrics(be that native or not) are good but there are only few of them that I like, but in general, I prefer just nice music track without any lyrics at all.
Nov 21, 2018 12:07 PM

Mar 2018
Pullman said:
If I can understand the lyrics directly it definitely enhances my experience of any music, tho ofc they have to be decent too. Which means if japanese people sing in english, if they are understandable and the lyrics make sense (in terms of syntax and content) then I'll probably like them more. But idk how often that is the case. Off the top of my head, most english OPs and EDs that I love are sung by westerners.

intelligent, coherent.

Good response
Nov 21, 2018 12:09 PM

Feb 2016
I prefer Japanese, but English or any other language is alright as long as it's not a dubbing of the op/ed
Nov 21, 2018 12:43 PM
Jul 2018
DejectedSoul said:
I don't know some Anime OP's with lyrics(be that native or not) are good but there are only few of them that I like, but in general, I prefer just nice music track without any lyrics at all.

I respectfully disagree. I think lyrics are incredibly important. They add meaning to a song, so that the song isn't just sound.
Nov 21, 2018 12:49 PM

Mar 2018
HopefulNihilist said:
DejectedSoul said:

I respectfully disagree. I think lyrics are incredibly important. They add meaning to a song, so that the song isn't just sound.

depends of the tone of the show

monster OP is a living proof of that
Nov 21, 2018 12:52 PM
Jul 2018
HopefulNihilist said:
DejectedSoul said:

You see I have never had a favorite singers in my entire life, I always did and do prefer music without lyrics rather than listening to a singers and what they have to sing.
Nov 21, 2018 12:53 PM

Oct 2017
I don't care if it's in Chinese, Spanish, French, Russian, Korean, Japanese, ETC... The important thing that I like
Nov 21, 2018 12:56 PM

Nov 2016
Japanese or English, I don't really care as long as the song is good.

Nov 21, 2018 12:57 PM
Jul 2018
DejectedSoul said:
HopefulNihilist said:

You see I have never had a favorite singers in my entire life, I always did and do prefer music without lyrics rather than listening to a singers and what they have to sing.

That's fine. In fact, I even understand why you prefer songs without singing.

Phantomnocomics said:
HopefulNihilist said:

depends of the tone of the show

monster OP is a living proof of that

Ah shit! How did I forgot?! Monster's OP is top-tier, and it doesn't even have singing!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Reason versus emotion in the perception of anime

RobertBobert - Yesterday

5 by TRC_Randy »»
4 minutes ago

» What percentage of anime that you've seen did you pirate? ( 1 2 3 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 13

121 by zoeanime13 »»
5 minutes ago

» What anime can be considered "the Evangelion of x"?

Eternal-Destiny - Dec 9, 2023

43 by AzafuseKingTora »»
7 minutes ago

» If you give an anime a 10 do you genuinely think It Is a masterpiece?

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 9

46 by TRC_Randy »»
15 minutes ago

» angry sub only users

Yorda_trico - 3 hours ago

32 by duchessliz87 »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.