Forum Settings
Forums

What anime had a plot which made you confused?

New
Nov 19, 2018 7:28 AM
May 2018
For me, it has got to be The Irregular at the Magic High School. Cool enough in terms of action wise, but they don't really explain the types of magic or how most of the stuff really happens. The incest in there doesn't really help.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 19, 2018 9:05 AM

May 2017
Mekakucity Actors... I didn't understand nothing about the anime, but I liked it.

"というわけで。待望の、体 操 服! でっあ~る。祭りであれば、余も着飾ってはいられぬと用意したが……うむ! 心身ともに軽くなったようだ。どうだ? 似合っているであろう、マスター?" - Random Quote From Internet by Saber Nero

Nov 19, 2018 9:07 AM
Apr 2017
When they cry was quite confusing at first.
Nov 19, 2018 9:09 AM

Oct 2010
RahXephon, there's a guy, a giant robot and some girls
but you don't understand what is happening and why
until the last few episodes. I had to watch that show 2 times.
Nov 19, 2018 9:10 AM

Jan 2013
Baccano had me very confused but in the end I understood and enjoyed it
Nov 19, 2018 9:14 AM
Jul 2015
one day I saw Corpse Party: Tortured Souls, I tried but nothing makes sense to me
Nov 19, 2018 9:14 AM

Aug 2016
Occultic;Nine was very confusing to me at the start but as the episodes rolled on you finally get an understanding about what is actually going on.
Nov 19, 2018 9:27 AM

Jan 2014
Evangelion, it's kind of show I've never seen before: it f*cked you up.

PROFILE | ANIMELIST | MANGALIST | 𝓵𝓸𝓵𝓵𝔂𝓰𝓪𝓰𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓰

Nov 19, 2018 9:44 AM

Nov 2017
We have to address the elephant in the room

FLCL
Nov 19, 2018 9:53 AM

Jul 2016
Well, the usual answer would be Evangelion. It was pretty confusing the first time I watched it. Well, the second time I watched it, also left me with some doubts too.

Fate/Extra: Last Encore was also confusing but due to the fact that It was necessary for the viewer to play the game beforehand. Kind of funny since it was said this anime would be for all people, including those who haven't played said game before. However, after watching some videos about its universe and concepts, it wasn't that much difficult to follow.

And Seikaisuru Kado would be another one. Since I watched it weekly, it was a bit difficult to follow the theories of multiple universes from week to week. However, this was just during the first few weeks.
Nov 19, 2018 9:57 AM

Nov 2016
Currently Boogiepop, I'm able to follow the basic story, but I feel like I'm missing out many details that would make it even greater.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 19, 2018 9:58 AM

Feb 2018
None because I am omniscient God...
Nov 19, 2018 2:03 PM

Feb 2013
Nov 19, 2018 2:08 PM
Jul 2018
So far...Monogatari series. Besides the serie that was boring, the plot was way too confused.
Nov 19, 2018 2:09 PM

Mar 2018
SouthRzVa said:
Well, the usual answer would be Evangelion. It was pretty confusing the first time I watched it. Well, the second time I watched it, also left me with some doubts too.

Fate/Extra: Last Encore was also confusing but due to the fact that It was necessary for the viewer to play the game beforehand. Kind of funny since it was said this anime would be for all people, including those who haven't played said game before. However, after watching some videos about its universe and concepts, it wasn't that much difficult to follow.

And Seikaisuru Kado would be another one. Since I watched it weekly, it was a bit difficult to follow the theories of multiple universes from week to week. However, this was just during the first few weeks.

SouthRzVa said:
Evangelion

EVA?, where symbolism is made for ''it looked cool'', and ''The ending makes it point-less to watch it''

SouthRzVa said:
Fate Extra

i played the game, and the anime still make no sense for but, supposedly it's the adaptation of the bad ending of the mc route of the saber route, problem is, that's not the true bad ending in the game. the show is kind of a scheme
Nov 19, 2018 2:12 PM

Mar 2018
Huntik said:
So far...Monogatari series. Besides the serie that was boring, the plot was way too confused.

monogatari = story

whose you story you start with determine whether you will be confused or not

since kizu story is the first to happen and reason why all other stories do, it only make sense to start with it
Nov 19, 2018 2:14 PM
Jul 2015
Of all the psychological animes I saw, I did not understand anything.

(4X)
Nov 19, 2018 2:15 PM
Jul 2018
Phantomnocomics said:
Huntik said:

monogatari = story

since kizu story is the first to happen and reason why all other stories do, it only make sense to start with it

I already dropped it for being boring and i actually started with Kizu ^^
Nov 19, 2018 2:18 PM

Sep 2017
Huntik said:
Phantomnocomics said:

monogatari = story

Your biggest mistake was watching it in chronological order instead of broadcast.
Edward Elric > your waifu

Nov 19, 2018 2:20 PM

Mar 2018
Dlwuik said:
Huntik said:

Your biggest mistake was watching it in chronological order instead of broadcast.

Broadcast was unfaithful to OG order. that makes it a doube mistake
Nov 19, 2018 2:23 PM
Jul 2018
Dlwuik said:
Huntik said:

Whoa, to many Mentions here lol
Chronological order is better to anything.
Broadcast order start with Bakemonogatari which unfornately i've seen it and it was awful. Kizu was way better tbh
Nov 19, 2018 2:25 PM

Mar 2018
Huntik said:
Dlwuik said:

Broadcast order start with Bakemonogatari which unfornately i've seen it and it was awful. Kizu was way better tbh

Broadcast order is awfu. OG order is o.k?! and chrono order is the sane way to watch it
Nov 19, 2018 2:28 PM
Jul 2018
Phantomnocomics said:
Huntik said:

Broadcast order is awfu. OG order is o.k?! and chrono order is the sane way to watch it

I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter to much since i consider This Serie GARBAGE. I'm glad i dropped it in Time.
Nov 19, 2018 2:30 PM

Mar 2018
ProfessionalNEET said:
How has no one mentioned Ergo Proxy yet? You have to watch that like 8 times to figure out what's going on there.

i figured it once, does this make me special?

and monster is.....has a specific audience to say the least
Nov 19, 2018 2:30 PM

Mar 2018
if only they made an anime of that monster epilogue/interlogue.
Nov 19, 2018 2:31 PM

Jul 2016
Phantomnocomics said:
SouthRzVa said:
Fate Extra

i played the game, and the anime still make no sense for but, supposedly it's the adaptation of the bad ending of the mc route of the saber route, problem is, that's not the true bad ending in the game. the show is kind of a scheme

Based on what I know (I haven't played the game), the anime works as a "what if" continuation of "Fate/Extra". Not related to "CCC" or "Extella" events, based on the threads of every episode.
Nov 19, 2018 2:32 PM

May 2016
The current season of Tokyo Ghoul re:. The first one was alright, easy enough to follow.
What's happening in the second season is beyond me. Not even certain things are actually happening, I'm pretty sure most of the time we're just seeing the outcome.
Nov 19, 2018 2:33 PM

Mar 2018
Huntik said:
Phantomnocomics said:

I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter to much since i consider This Serie GARBAGE. I'm glad i dropped it in Time.

You throw yourself off the cliff there, it's not garbage, not even close, the series is arguably a manifestation of how to do a harem/supernatural show right

it just suffers from production issues from both the adaptation side and the interest side in the light novels
Nov 19, 2018 2:36 PM

Mar 2018
SouthRzVa said:
Phantomnocomics said:

Based on what I know (I haven't played the game), the anime works as a "what if" continuation of "Fate/Extra". Not related to "CCC" or "Extella" events, based on the threads of every episode.

Fate EX CCC is an alter route to Fate EX and Extella is a continuation of an a no existing route, it's a bad ending, kind of like when you make the *wrong decision* when playing the fate visual novels

why did they adapt a bad ending instead of a Good one?, dunno, nasu be trolling fate fans!
Nov 19, 2018 3:09 PM

Feb 2016
FMmatron said:
Currently Boogiepop, I'm able to follow the basic story, but I feel like I'm missing out many details that would make it even greater.
That one was very confusing alright
Nov 19, 2018 3:11 PM

Feb 2016
Lain had me lost, I dunno if it's because I wasn't focusing much at that time, or it's just too confusing.
Nov 19, 2018 3:16 PM
Jun 2016
Not a anime but series....three of them which I plan to tackle next year :>

fate/
macross
gundam all their diferent timelines and paths and such.

but for series, probably free!, I liked it, but so many chars at times I confuse who is which char.
Nov 19, 2018 3:24 PM
Jun 2016
Huntik said:

You have to know Japanese to enjoy the show's jokes tbh
Nov 19, 2018 4:03 PM

May 2014
MohAngelo said:
FMmatron said:
That one was very confusing alright

+1 to Boogiepop. It doesn't help that the anime is an original story set after the first novel. The remake will probably make the original anime easier to understand.
Nov 19, 2018 4:15 PM

Aug 2016
If you mean that in a good way, Chrono Crusade definitely left me scratching my head over a handful of things about its final stretch. Rewatching it later and picking up on the hints and other between-the-lines stuff that complements the ending made the series significantly more satisfying.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Nov 19, 2018 4:49 PM

Nov 2015
FLCL. I still don't get any of it.

Elfen Lied.

91 Days. Most of the time I had no clue what was happening or why.
Nov 19, 2018 5:00 PM

Jan 2016
It might be cheating to post one I'm watching now, but Boogiepop Phantom so far. It's interesting and generally each episode is engaging with both it's own story and figuring out where it fits into the greater picture, but 3/4 of the way through and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't lost. This might be one I rewatch fairly soon in one sitting as opposed to over multiple days just to help keep track of characters better. Plus also knowing what's happening in each episode.
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Nov 19, 2018 5:01 PM

Feb 2010
Boogiepop Phantom is the only one that I ever dropped because I couldn't make any sense of it. If I stuck with it it probably would have eventually made some sense, but it is just good manners for a show like this to at least give you some sense of making progress in understanding wtf is going on from episode to episode. Even stuff like Lain managed to keep me going early on despite things only really becoming clear in the later episodes, but Boogiepop kinda failed in giving me any incentive to keep watching since I felt I knew as much after 6 episodes as I did before I started the show :/.
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 19, 2018 5:12 PM
Jul 2018
Umineko made me question my IQ throughout the whole show, because I constantly asked myself "what's going on?", which didn't get any better in the end.
Nov 19, 2018 5:23 PM
Jul 2018
No plot has ever made me confused, i am the most intellectual person in the multiverse and my IQ supasses Jaden Smiths!

Jokes aside, if i can think of two animes that made me confused reagrading everything is Ben-To and Suchi Police. I failed to see what those series were trying to achive or tell, i was completly at a lost..... food related anime makes me confused.
Nov 19, 2018 5:57 PM

Dec 2012
Betterman (That ending ???)
Boogiepop Phantom (Reading some of the novels helped a bit)
Eureka 7 (It's more the backstory and technobabble with this one, the story isn't hard to follow)
Eureka 7: AO (This one just doesn't make any sense having the same problems as the 1st and story ones as well)
FLCL (Bad acid trip: the animation)
Neon Genesis Evangelion (End of Evangelion helped slightly but it's still a mess)
RahXephon (I get the jist of it but some things aren't that clear)
Red Garden (Leaves one of the show's bigger mysteries unresolved)
Serial Experiments Lain (Well...it's Lain and Lain is Lain. I am me, and you are you)
Umeneko no Naku Koroni (Incomplete adaptation of an already confusing work)
KruszerNov 19, 2018 6:37 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Nov 19, 2018 7:50 PM

Mar 2018
AnimePixelz said:
so i watched this a while a back, it isn't a plot but this entire series is like wtf
i havent watched the fate series but god, it's confusing lmao

what?, it's absolutely not confusing!

it just happens that Fate stay night is an alternate timeline/route to Fate zero, and Fate hallow ataraxia is an alternate timeline/route to Fate stay night and so is fate strange fake

and tsukihime, kara no kyo, decoration disorder disconnection, lord el melloi II case files, moon coral, notes are all side series that happen either in parallel or pseudo pre/se/inter/quels

there is witch on the holy night which happens before the third holy grail war but before the fourth

and hana no miyako which is a parallel timeline to tsukihime

then there is Fate kaleid which is a parallel timeline from before the fourth holy grail war event

and there is Fate prototype which is a timeline from before the holy grail war that happens in an alternate/parallel timeline to all the others and its prequel, fragments of silver and blue

and there is a Fate labyrinth, which is an interquel of the fate prototype and its prequel
Fate Apo is a parallel timeline from the third holy grail war

Fate ex is a parallel timeline from an event that happens after the third holy grail war but before fourth

and Fate ex CCC is an alternate route to Fate EX and Fate EX CCC foxtail is an alternate route to Fate ex CCC, and Fate Extella umbrella star and extella link are both continuations of no existing routes

and then there is FGO which is a sequel to an alternate route of Fate apo

and then there is fate unlimited codes which is an alternate route of FSN

and then there is Fate Hallow ataraxia manga which is an alter route of fate hallow ataraxia game

see, it is not that confusing, right?

*kill with me a meteor*
Nov 19, 2018 7:54 PM
Jul 2017
Man I had a hard time understanding kyousougiga. I don’t know what I watched but I liked it.
Nov 19, 2018 7:57 PM

Aug 2018
Not the plot per say but Johan’s motive and what made him that way along with parts of his timeline in Monster
FireballKnuckleNov 19, 2018 8:09 PM
Nov 19, 2018 8:00 PM

May 2018
Has to be Neon Genesis Evangelion, towards the end of it and End of Evangelion, it's just a total stab to the brain.
“Man fears the darkness, and so he scrapes away at the edges of it with fire.” - Rei Ayanami
Nov 19, 2018 8:00 PM

Mar 2017
Paprika, I legit just watched it for watch days
( when I was a casual pleb trying to be a hardcore fan ) and I understood not one single thing.
Nov 19, 2018 8:23 PM
Mar 2018
Madoka Magica: Rebellion. I mean, I kinda get what happened, but what the actual fuck.
Nov 19, 2018 8:58 PM

Jan 2013
i'm really fucking dumb so a lot of anime plots confuse the hell out of me, but one that recently did was Death Parade; i more or less understand the premise, but towards the end hinted at something larger and there's not more to watch? like... wtf was i supposed to get out of that?

i realize that the overarching plot was meant to be about Chiyuki, but it seemed like there was more going on with Decim than her and whatever Nona had planned

rip
Nov 19, 2018 9:58 PM

Mar 2018
Saxima said:
i'm really fucking dumb so a lot of anime plots confuse the hell out of me, but one that recently did was Death Parade; i more or less understand the premise, but towards the end hinted at something larger and there's not more to watch? like... wtf was i supposed to get out of that?

i realize that the overarching plot was meant to be about Chiyuki, but it seemed like there was more going on with Decim than her and whatever Nona had planned

rip

i'm again reminded that for whatever the actual reason, death Parade has No END, what in the actual crap is that?

O Well, it happens for those who watch a show with no end before case like some curse
Nov 19, 2018 10:01 PM

Jan 2013
Phantomnocomics said:
Saxima said:

rip

i'm again reminded that for whatever the actual reason, death Parade has No END, what in the actual crap is that?

O Well, it happens for those who watch a show with no end before case like some curse

thank god i'm not the only one. i saw so many people who liked it and i was just sitting there like '??? someone please help i need an adult to explain'

that said, a second season would be much appreciated
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

181 by ISeeLifePeople »»
5 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

96 by DigiCat »»
18 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst

EastIndiaCompany - Yesterday

23 by Ex-Aid »»
19 minutes ago

» Is "Magnetic Rose" considered a masterpiece?

Alpha_1_Zero - 29 minutes ago

0 by Alpha_1_Zero »»
29 minutes ago

» Have you ever come across anime-related fakes?

RobertBobert - Yesterday

11 by Ex-Aid »»
40 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.