Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 9, 2018 6:20 AM

Sep 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The Testimonial of Okitegami Kyouko has come to a close, and I actually predicted most of the twists. That said, I actually thought Nisio would go a step further and make the painter of the painting Wakui smashed be the culprit, which made me kind of disappointed when the culprit is revealed to be Hakui. The conclusion also falls upon the same logical path Kyouko was taking to deduce the real culprit, but this way also works out I suppose. EDIT: It makes more sense thematically to me after rereading the first chapter.

So I definitely predicted that Oyagiri would come to work for Kyouko. Well, we don't know if he accepted the request, but I think we can assume he did. I don't like him as much as I did our timid Yaku but he isn't a bad character by any stretch. Not sure if Nisio is going to do a new narrator with each volume or switching between the two narrators we already have. Not even sure if we'll see Yaku again, though I can't deny the possibility that Mamoru is a split personality of Yaku's, but that's just a stupid pet theory I have.

I was taken aback by the mystery of the painting though, I like how all the paintings would fit together like a puzzle in a giant frame. Admittedly I assumed it would be a giant frame from the beginning, but I also thought it'd be one giant painting and not a bunch of smaller ones.

And I don't even know if you can actually debate this, but I think this novel pretty much confirms that Okitegami Kyouko is Tsubasa Hanekawa, and that Nisio will intentionally never give confirmation of such a statement, as he "wants to keep this character shrouded in mystery".

So despite all of the superhuman feat Kyouko is able to pull, two things really seem to cement this for me. When Kyouko was dying her hair with paint and Mamoru pointed out that it might damage her roots, Kyouko gives a very blatant "It's alright".

The other thing is that Hakui literally draws her as a cat and this is her "identity". Also how Mamoru describes her like a cat.

I have a feeling Gaen has something to do with this whole scenario somehow but that's just my intuition.

At any rate, while I liked the last volume a bit better, this volume does have some really interesting concepts that I expect will be built upon in later volumes. Now we just gotta wait till Yoraikun finishes translating the next volume (which started this week, coincidentally).
Draconix814Nov 18, 2018 8:52 PM
Nov 11, 2018 7:23 AM
Feb 2010
Draconix814 said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.

Where do you even read it? Is it available online somewhere or are you shipping it from Japan?
Nov 11, 2018 2:26 PM

Sep 2015
@Huggykaze Never fear, fansubs are here!
Nov 13, 2018 1:20 AM
Feb 2010
Draconix814 said:

Aren't these books tho'? I actually have the first 2 volumes in Japanese :P
Nov 13, 2018 8:50 PM

Sep 2015
Huggykaze said:
Draconix814 said:

Weird flex but ok.
Nov 15, 2018 1:01 PM
Feb 2010
Draconix814 said:
Huggykaze said:

Weird flex but ok.

What I meant is, I need manga not novels :P
Nov 15, 2018 1:18 PM

Sep 2015
Huggykaze said:
Draconix814 said:

Weird flex but ok.

Ok? So why are you here? Read the manga. It's good. The novels are better in every way imaginable though.
Nov 18, 2018 4:07 PM
Feb 2010
Draconix814 said:
Huggykaze said:

Ok? So why are you here? Read the manga. It's good. The novels are better in every way imaginable though.

I've been trying to ask you... Where can I read the manga? It is a manga discussion thread after all.
Nov 18, 2018 5:07 PM

Sep 2015
Huggykaze said:
Draconix814 said:

I've been trying to ask you... Where can I read the manga? It is a manga discussion thread after all.

No dude, this is the novel discussion thread. It only says "manga" because that's how MAL forums work when you enter a chapter discussion. You can look it up on any old manga site, but here's the translator's site. I read it all, and its good, but man is it really missing a lot of what makes the mysteries interesting.
Nov 22, 2018 1:05 PM
Feb 2010
Draconix814 said:

No dude, this is the novel discussion thread. It only says "manga" because that's how MAL forums work when you enter a chapter discussion. You can look it up on any old manga site, but here's the translator's site. I read it all, and its good, but man is it really missing a lot of what makes the mysteries interesting.

Thonk. "THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.", I've had no way of knowing, so thanks for clarifying this! I've read those 15 chapters, thought there's actually more;>
Nov 22, 2018 1:32 PM

Sep 2015
Huggykaze said:
Draconix814 said:

Thonk. "THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.", I've had no way of knowing, so thanks for clarifying this! I've read those 15 chapters, thought there's actually more;>

But there is more... the novels lol. At any rate, please see my reviews of both if you feel so inclined. :)
Draconix814Nov 22, 2018 1:37 PM

More topics from this board

» Such a shame no one is translating this.

K-Shuun - Mar 11, 2017

8 by Laionidas »»
Dec 3, 2018 6:20 AM

Poll: » Boukyaku Tantei Series Chapters 76-93 Discussion (Challenge Letter Chapter 1)

Draconix814 - Nov 14, 2018

0 by Draconix814 »»
Nov 14, 2018 12:38 PM

Poll: » Boukyaku Tantei Series Chapters 58-64 Discussion (Testimonial Chapter 2)

Draconix814 - Nov 6, 2018

0 by Draconix814 »»
Nov 6, 2018 6:00 PM

» A possible connection to Musubimonogatari [slight spoilers]

Draconix814 - Feb 4, 2018

13 by xFresh11 »»
Mar 29, 2018 1:19 PM

Poll: » Boukyaku Tantei Series Chapters 49-57 Discussion (Testimonial Chapter 1)

Draconix814 - Feb 24, 2018

0 by Draconix814 »»
Feb 24, 2018 10:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.