Forum Settings
Forums
New
Do you dislike Chinese Anime? (In General)
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 14, 2018 10:53 PM

Jun 2017
i dont hate chinese anime, audio language might be needed some time to get used but its not an issue at all for me, similar like watching an anime that being dub with my local language or english dub are kind of weird compare to watching them with its original japanese language.

but most of the time that make me drop many chinese anime is because their final result that kind of half asses, can it be from the animation quality itself (more like watching a stop motion with low frame per second or it have stiff movement animation)
or the story that blatantly a copy of other work but with much lower quality than the original.
Nov 15, 2018 12:26 AM

Apr 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed The King's Avatar and thought that the Master Jiang and the Six Kingdoms trailer was great. Not a fan of the general artstyle and color palette of Chinese Donghua, but it's not a dealbreaker for me.
Nov 15, 2018 1:46 AM
Jul 2015
mdo7 said:
Phanith_san said:

looking for where I wrote "I'm OK with American cartoon and American video game having Japanese dub". can you help me find where I wrote it ? I'm so forgetful these days

You didn't wrote it, but when you write that you don't watch anime in English dub, it seem to imply that you're OK with American game with Japanese voice, tell me does Batman: Arkham Knight sound better in Japanese then in English:

Sorry, I don't understand your logic
Nov 15, 2018 7:26 AM

Apr 2017
Jare4lopez said:
I've never watched a Chinese anime tbh, could you recommend me some?

Definitely check out Uncharted Walker, I thought it was awesome and I think / hope they're doing a season 2 at some point.
Nov 15, 2018 9:28 AM

Aug 2018
The VA just sounds so strange to me, i can't really immerse myself while watching. I don't know, maybe i'm just used to Japanese. Also from the few i've seen, they look off
FireballKnuckleNov 15, 2018 9:36 AM
Nov 15, 2018 9:35 AM

Nov 2016
I have nothing against, they even did some recent anime that I liked with Gaoshou Quanzhi and Aishen Qiaokeli-ing.
Fallen_ShadowNov 15, 2018 9:39 AM
Nov 15, 2018 10:08 PM
Jul 2018
If I would watch/listen anything Chinese, my ears would bleed, no thanks!
Nov 16, 2018 6:13 AM

Jan 2011
Because they haven't seen To Be Hero.
Nov 16, 2018 2:07 PM

Jan 2010
Phanith_san said:
mdo7 said:

You didn't wrote it, but when you write that you don't watch anime in English dub, it seem to imply that you're OK with American game with Japanese voice, tell me does Batman: Arkham Knight sound better in Japanese then in English:

OK, let me break it down to you. Do you know what hypocrisy is? Do you know how many time I caught dub hater watching American stuff dubbed in Japanese?

English dub of anime=bad

Japanese dub of American video game=superior over the original English language

That's what kinda happen when Skullgirls, an American fighting game got a Japanese dub. A lot of people that hated English dub in anime started to show their hypocrisy.

When you say you hate Chinese language for the same reason you hate English dub for anime. I don't know if you're bias for anything Japanese that include American and western stuff dub in Japanese.
Nov 17, 2018 9:49 AM

Jul 2017
I dislike Chinese anime, but it's something political.

Since I dislike mandarin, I will have a hard time watching Chinese anime.
Nov 17, 2018 3:27 PM
Jul 2018
I don't hate Chinese Anime; but never seen any either; if you have some recommendations I'm willing to think about watching it.
Nov 17, 2018 4:57 PM

Oct 2015
cause chinese anime will ruin the anime industry like
china ruined diablo
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Nov 18, 2018 8:24 PM
Jul 2015
mdo7 said:
Phanith_san said:

OK, let me break it down to you. Do you know what hypocrisy is? Do you know how many time I caught dub hater watching American stuff dubbed in Japanese?

English dub of anime=bad

Japanese dub of American video game=superior over the original English language

That's what kinda happen when Skullgirls, an American fighting game got a Japanese dub. A lot of people that hated English dub in anime started to show their hypocrisy.

When you say you hate Chinese language for the same reason you hate English dub for anime. I don't know if you're bias for anything Japanese that include American and western stuff dub in Japanese.

I don't care what other people hate or like.To me, if you show me western film with Japanese DUB I would hate it too.
Nov 19, 2018 8:39 AM

Jan 2010
Phanith_san said:

I don't care what other people hate or like.To me, if you show me western film with Japanese DUB I would hate it too.

Well glad to see you're not hypocrite. May I ask why do you think Chinese language is gibberish?
Nov 22, 2018 11:24 PM

Nov 2012
I prefer if they can make chinese anime with japanese seiyuu. I only watched some 'anime' style 'animation' if it got japanese seiyuu on it.
Sep 22, 2019 12:59 PM

Dec 2010
I don't dislike Chinese anime but some things about it dives me up a wall

1.Most of the times its always about an underdog who is actually OP (note I like OP characters but they way they do it is a bit irritating)

2.The villains are mainly bullies noting more or less most of the time they have no goals or aspiration they are just one dimensional characters who like to look down on others and call them trash (their favorite insult maybe its just translated wrong)

3.If its not a modern setting everything is about power levels,highest level etc training is basically meditating the whole battle mechanic is just flashy moves that that comes out of every bodies ass

4.Some people hate the language but for me is the acting the sound like an old kung fu movie

5. 15 mins episode annoys me (personal preference)

6. I am not a feminist/sjw but I can literally count how may time some one tries to rape a female character in a Chinese anime or how they treat them like if they are just there to be a sex object,I am glad the males in Chinese anime dont act like they are frighten of women like the Japanese males in anime do but I think I prefer Japanese because its so irritating to see male characters in Chinese anime acting so rapish towards female characters.
Sep 23, 2019 7:35 AM

May 2016
The only thing I had to get used to for donghua was the voice acting and the seemingly blazing-fast speed at which the subtitles go by. That's probably more the fault of the subbers though.
Sep 23, 2019 8:01 AM

Aug 2017
I have nothing against chinese anime. I watched some of them like The King's Avatar and I like it.

Not a fan of the voice acting cuz its weird.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 3, 2019 6:06 AM

Jun 2014
Because it's not real Anime.

I refuse to watch or read anything made in China or South Korea.

Oct 3, 2019 6:09 AM
Dec 2017
hack5 said:
I don't dislike Chinese anime but some things about it dives me up a wall

1.Most of the times its always about an underdog who is actually OP (note I like OP characters but they way they do it is a bit irritating)

2.The villains are mainly bullies noting more or less most of the time they have no goals or aspiration they are just one dimensional characters who like to look down on others and call them trash (their favorite insult maybe its just translated wrong)

3.If its not a modern setting everything is about power levels,highest level etc training is basically meditating the whole battle mechanic is just flashy moves that that comes out of every bodies ass

4.Some people hate the language but for me is the acting the sound like an old kung fu movie

5. 15 mins episode annoys me (personal preference)

6. I am not a feminist/sjw but I can literally count how may time some one tries to rape a female character in a Chinese anime or how they treat them like if they are just there to be a sex object,I am glad the males in Chinese anime dont act like they are frighten of women like the Japanese males in anime do but I think I prefer Japanese because its so irritating to see male characters in Chinese anime acting so rapish towards female characters.

And they don’t show any sign of morality. You totally spoke my mind.
Oct 3, 2019 6:22 AM

Sep 2019
Seiya said:

What if it's made in North Korea 😏🌝🌝🌝
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Oct 3, 2019 6:23 AM

Sep 2019
Manyaa_- said:
mdo7 said:

What if I told you that the Korean language was beautiful all because of K-pop and K-drama gain popularity in the west?

K-pop is now so universally beloved that even Algerians speak a little Korean

K-pop drives boom in Korean language lessons

BTS to Be Honored by South Korean Government for Spreading Korean Culture

Yes, when K-pop (along with K-drama) became popular around the world, it made a lot of people want to learn Korean. A long time ago, Korean was considered a ugly language, but now because of K-pop (like BTS), and Korean TV drama. Korean language is no longer ugly, it's considered beautiful and attractive.

Okay buddy, I've already went through your profile, and you seem like bad news. You need a psychiatrist. You either seem like a really good troll or you are actually retarded.
So I'm going to report you, and then block you. So don't try speaking with me again.
You yourself seem like a psycho. You racist 💀💀.
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Oct 3, 2019 6:26 AM

Jun 2014
Peeti said:
Seiya said:

What if it's made in North Korea 😏🌝🌝🌝

Lol, I imagine that it would nothing but Juche propaganda.

Oct 3, 2019 6:27 AM

Sep 2019
Manyaa_- said:
I don't even like the Chinese language. It all sounds like gibberish whenever I listen to it.
You are gibberish too because you are an Indian. You are a shitty poo-poo. Your quote seems like you are a pee in this thread.
PeetiOct 3, 2019 6:31 AM
Oct 3, 2019 6:41 AM

Nov 2018
Because some people believe anime "hAs To Be JaPaNeSe" so they shit on anything that isn't made in Japan

Although, I do like reading manga from SK and China, there are some really good series that have come out of those countries which can rival/come close to some of the really good Japanese manga and LN
_cjessop19_Oct 3, 2019 6:48 AM

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Oct 3, 2019 6:43 AM

Feb 2019
I don't. there are some good Chinese anime like King's Avatar, Mo Dao Zu Shi! & Rakshasa Street. I kinda agree with the others though, about the VA being really Awful~

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Oct 3, 2019 8:57 AM
Jul 2018
I just have a hard time supporting anything that comes out of that particular country, to be honest.
It's not like the Japanese have a squeaky clean historical record but, for the most part, they have mended their ways.

It's already hard enough when everything seems to be "Made in China". If I can avoid a Chinese product, I normally will. Even entertainment.
Oct 3, 2019 8:58 AM

Apr 2016
Peeti said:
Manyaa_- said:
I don't even like the Chinese language. It all sounds like gibberish whenever I listen to it.
You are gibberish too because you are an Indian. You are a shitty poo-poo. Your quote seems like you are a pee in this thread.

Lol people are necroing old posts XD

Stop it ya necromancers smh
Oct 3, 2019 9:03 AM

Sep 2019
Manyaa_- said:
Peeti said:

Lol people are necroing old posts XD

Stop it ya necromancers smh
It was someone else who made this thread alive. I just happened to read it + your beautiful and meaningful racist posts. 🙃🙃
Oct 3, 2019 9:25 AM

Dec 2015
Yes I dislike them. A lot of times they have chinese names and chinese dub - which I don't like. I'm just to used to the japanese names and dub - which sounds more beautiful.

So since there are a lot of great japanese anime I just watch them. Would only be a problem if there was some super duper great unique plot you could not find in any japanese anime - if I missed that because of those reasons. But I never heard of such hyped anime in the top lists.
Oct 4, 2019 1:21 AM

May 2013
japan is great at animation, china, like most countries just pale in comparison, especially when their style is a bad watered down version of another countries art style
Oct 4, 2019 1:28 AM

Nov 2018
I just watch one. I think story would be good but that was like a trash.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Oct 4, 2019 1:32 AM

Oct 2016
I Don't Hate it.. It all depends on STORY , CHARACTERS , GENRE
Oct 4, 2019 1:59 AM

Jan 2019
I've watched a couple of Chinese anime in my lifetime. In my opinion, the overall quality of Chinese anime just doesn't match Japanese anime. The characters, stories, soundtracks and especially the voice acting in Japanese anime is of a much higher quality.
You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become irrelevant.
Oct 4, 2019 2:08 AM
May 2019
Anime are cartoons made in Japan, chinese cartoons are not anime.
And while I have nothing against them I don't have any desire to engage with them the same way I have with anime.
Oct 4, 2019 4:03 AM

Sep 2009
Chinese are trying hard to build their own anime industry, craft their styles to be different from Japanese...
But they didn't realise Japanese anime seems to be operating base on certain logic drawings...
Any different changes seems to make Chinese anime look like deformed styles...
Next, for past 30years, focus mainly on building economy, China didn't spend time promote its own soft culture (provided if they still left any after the Cultural Revolutions)...

Solution: CCP must setup a cultural department to promote and encourage citizens to adopt and behave like First World Citizens
Oct 4, 2019 10:20 AM

Sep 2017
I only watched 1 Chinese anime, Mo Dao Zu Shi, and it was a masterpiece, but unfortunately I think that's the only one

But as long as an anime is good, I don't care if it's not Japanese

Oct 4, 2019 10:29 AM

Apr 2016
I liked Quanzhi Gaoshou (The King's Avatar), both the animated and live action adaptions.

My only pet peeve about Chinese animations is that - looking at the trailers - I'm not fond of their particular art style. Something about the linework, the eyes, the way the hair is drawn, the way it's colored.
Oct 4, 2019 4:34 PM
YouTuber / VA

Aug 2017
The industry is in its infancy so there's not a lot of good ones yet, but I watched the two biggest most popular ones (the gaming one and the three kingdoms one) and they were both really fun. At some point I'd like to watch a few more, I hope their anime industry keeps on growing.
Oct 4, 2019 4:36 PM

May 2013
i really loved the chinese anime where the dude was a pro gamer in his mid 20s.. reminded me of myself actually..

oh.. the point of the thread?.. I guess I didn't like it at first because the language
sounded really fucking weird and I wasn't used to it.

That was it really.. just the sound of the language.
But you get used to it and it gets to be alright!
Oct 5, 2019 4:01 PM
Jul 2018
Dear diary, I was today years old when I learned that Chinese anime exist

(not joking, I must've been living under a rock)
Oct 5, 2019 8:13 PM

May 2018
Most people avoid Chinese anime/manhua for the same reason they avoid old anime. It's outside of their comfort zone. Sure, the detail are different from each other. Old anime are avoided because people are not use to the art style or lack of pretty color while for Chinese anime, it's because it's not Japanese. However, the reason why they avoid different art style or anime from different culture are both the same,it's not their comfort zone.
Oct 5, 2019 8:36 PM
Jul 2018
I wouldn't say it's disliked at all. MDZS was within the top three airing anime last season and is highly rated overall. Now I know that is just that show but saying Chinese animation is disliked is a rather far fetched generalization.
For a reason why some people may dislike it I think @Gorochu explains it really well. ^^
Oct 5, 2019 8:56 PM

Sep 2019
I've never watched it, and I really want to fix that problem by watching The King's Avatar , but damn, I can never push myself to actually do so when I've got other anime on my plate.

One day, I really hope I'll get my lazy ass to do it.
"You know you've reached peak quality when a doujin is better than the actual source series." (Eg. To LOVE-Ru)

Just to list a couple of biases.
Likes: A good story, characters, writing, romance, a good plot twist or something that breaks expectations (In a good way), 'backstory' and justice.
Dislikes: Bad romance, too much fanservice, the harem genre, yuri, yaoi, and bad writing.

Oct 6, 2019 3:42 AM

Dec 2018
Lol "Chinese anime" made me chuckle.

Aslt said:
>chinese anime
>?

Tbh, I have not encountered anyone who watches donghua (^:

Hey, go back to 4chan fag
. . .
Oct 6, 2019 3:49 AM
Oct 8, 2019 5:36 AM

Jul 2012
Firstly, I'm Chinese so lol. It's not a language barrier for me. More like a "I just don't like watching it" because of several reasons.

I don't like them. Same with Korean animated shows and comics.

Pretty much what this person said:
Stripes said:
Many of them are trying to emulate Japanese Anime instead of setting their own style and stories to the anime medium. And they come off as cheap and poor. The only on I've seen be pretty damn good is Quanzhi Gaoshou which is about an adult esport player going into retirement and overthrowing the system. Something that's big in the Chinese scene and very rare for the Nippon to do is a more adult story.

Usually feels like anime rip offs.

I also dislike Chinese dubs, they always sound so off to me. I don't like the Northern Chinese accent which is what most of them use. Chinese voice actors also sound alike to each other. Compared to Japanese voice acting, it's lower tier in skill.

Also I'll mention I don't like King's Avatar. I even tried to watch the drama.

Many of the Chinese animation I've watched usually end on cliffhangers and the rest is available on the manhua which is annoying. At least Japanese anime try to end it when it's incomplete.
Jan 14, 2020 8:57 AM
Jan 2020
just for me, anime origin in japanese dub. if chinese anime could make it japanese dub then i'm ok with it. i seen chinese animation is good then the chinese dub make it fail.. i love anime cause of japanese original dub and they are really good at it. if u ask someone about anime they know its japanese. just saying man, if they like to improve then using japanese voice actor.
Jan 14, 2020 9:02 AM

Oct 2013
Most chinese anime I've seen are very ugly and unimaginative.

The partial exception is To Be Hero.
Jan 14, 2020 9:07 AM

Jul 2016
All I have seen from Chinese anime are movies,because they tend to have really nice animation that’s amazing to witness(since they are high budgeted features).The story and characters always tend to range from really mediocre to passable.I don’t know what it is about chinese anime that just feels so different from Japanese anime in stroytellling.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - Yesterday

27 by Coaghim »»
26 seconds ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

185 by SeleneOnTheMoon »»
2 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst

EastIndiaCompany - Yesterday

25 by EastIndiaCompany »»
2 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

97 by APolygons2 »»
16 minutes ago

» Is "Magnetic Rose" considered a masterpiece?

Alpha_1_Zero - 49 minutes ago

0 by Alpha_1_Zero »»
49 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.