Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 10, 2018 10:30 PM

Feb 2017
what do you guys think about its ending?

i was having a feeling that this manga might have a tragedy ending but I'm glad it didn't.
Everything resolved nicely.

9/10

check out this authors other work if you enjoyed this.

https://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=12739
https://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=12540
foscor70Aug 8, 2019 11:09 PM

Feb 11, 2018 12:09 AM

Jan 2017
I loved it. Honestly I wished it would have continued, but its one of my fav ever. thanks to @Lunafleurette I found out that Young-chan Hwang is currently authoring another great thriller called Sweet Home. Same art style, same fantastic and crazy yet cool type of setting.

http://www.webtoons.com/en/thriller/sweethome/list?title_no=1285

Feb 11, 2018 1:09 AM
Jul 2018
It was...an interesting twist I guess? Actually I thought except the ending, most of the other things were quite predictable. Great pacing for a thriller though.
Feb 18, 2018 3:45 AM
May 2013
So basically the father never thought of killing him he just had a twisted way of loving him? If you look at the whole picture, the father wasnt really an antagonist because he wasn't ever going to kill his son but was going to kill that girl he liked until he knew that would ruin his son.

The father was a bad person for sure but wasn't really an antagonist.

The ending was weird at first but if you think about it, it made sense if he wanted to kill his son he would've done it a long time ago. It was all in the son's head that he wanted to kill him.

I think they could've developed the father even more to show his reasoning on how he obtained his addiction to killing because it kind of makes him seem a bit one dimensional. I mean they gave all these side characters back stories on why they the way they are.
For example, that crazy cashier lady murdered girls because she was jealous of them. And then you look back at the father they painted him as "He's bad because he is bad". Thats just me being picky But overall it was a great story still a 10/10 because t was very unique and I couldn't stop reading it once I started it.
Feb 18, 2018 3:58 AM

Feb 2017
wutermelon said:
So basically the father never thought of killing him he just had a twisted way of loving him? If you look at the whole picture, the father wasnt really an antagonist because he wasn't ever going to kill his son but was going to kill that girl he liked until he knew that would ruin his son.

The ending was weird at first but if you think about it, it made sense if he wanted to kill his son he would've done it a long time ago. It was all in the son's head that he wanted to kill him.

I think they could've developed the father even more to show his reasoning on how he obtained his addiction to killing because it kind of makes him seem a bit one dimensional. I mean they gave all these side characters back stories on why they the way they are.
For example, that crazy cashier lady murdered girls because she was jealous of them. And then you look back at the father they painted him as "He's bad because he is bad". Thats just me being picky But overall it was a great story still a 10/10 because t was very unique and I couldn't stop reading it once I started it.

right.and now that i think about it, the reason why the father picked women only similar to his wife could be because he could never kill his wife because she was family just like his son.He was angry at his wife but just couldnt never kill her thats why he killed other women to drive his angry at them.

Feb 18, 2018 11:39 PM
May 2013
foscor70 said:
wutermelon said:

right.and now that i think about it, the reason why the father picked women only similar to his wife could be because he could never kill his wife because she was family just like his son.He was angry at his wife but just couldnt never kill her thats why he killed other women to drive his angry at them.

The brings up another question then. Why didn't he kill his wife before they were married? Did his addiction start before or after the marriage.
Feb 19, 2018 1:46 AM

Feb 2017
wutermelon said:
foscor70 said:

The brings up another question then. Why didn't he kill his wife before they were married? Did his addiction start before or after the marriage.

his addiction was obviously there even before getting married, its just that his targets became specific.As he failed to kill his wife,he looked for girls similar to her. thats what i think.

Mar 21, 2018 7:30 AM

Nov 2016
I didn't see the last twist coming tbh.

Overall it was quite entertaining all around,without a dull moment. I'm glad that it ended on a happpy note,cause some events during the run were depressing enough for me.

6,5/10 good read.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 26, 2018 7:25 AM

Oct 2009
Fantastic Web toon luved it! Skrrt Skrrt
Apr 26, 2018 7:26 AM

Aug 2017
can anyone spoil me the ending im too lazy too read it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 26, 2018 3:30 AM
Jul 2018
His girlfriend was such a bitch. There was no need for him serve time because he was young and had no other choice. He deserved to live a happy life but she ruined everything because of her childish morals.
Aug 26, 2018 5:19 AM

Sep 2011
Mello6 said:
His girlfriend was such a bitch. There was no need for him serve time because he was young and had no other choice. He deserved to live a happy life but she ruined everything because of her childish morals.

Eh. I believe or IIRC the MC wants it too to remove or at least lessen his guilt. Yes he has been changed but it doesn't mean the guilt will go away. He still needs a punishment so he can reflect on his actions.

Aug 26, 2018 10:23 AM
Jul 2018
Tennouji said:
Mello6 said:

Eh. I believe or IIRC the MC wants it too to remove or at least lessen his guilt. Yes he has been changed but it doesn't mean the guilt will go away. He still needs a punishment so he can reflect on his actions.

That's just dumb and superficial. He did feel guilty after learning about morals but he never intended to make himself suffer for what he wasn't in control of. That bit*h did for her own feelings. Great manga ruined by one single character. Actually now that i think about it, every panel featuring her was cringey af.
Oct 10, 2018 4:11 PM

Aug 2015
I love this webtoon so good drawed with so cool characters.

Nov 11, 2018 12:18 PM

Oct 2012
Pretty nice, a rather good ending with not as many plot holes as those type of series usually end up with.
Even though good endings are something not my taste at all - it was done, while not exactly perfectly, but at least pretty good-great tier.

It also gave you that feeling of suspense which made you keep reading and reading. There isn't really any mystery for the 'detective' type of guys out there - it's purely persons feelings playing out there, which is also a good relaxation when you don't want to break your head trying to figure out the murderer before manga ends.

There were reasons and explanations which didn't feel like they were some last second made up stuff.

My main complaint would be about not enough attention being given to his dad and his hobbies - even though I understand that people don't really need 'reason' to do something like this, there should at least be a 'trigger' to it. Or the person has to be mentally unstable by the letter, which he isn't(he is sane, since he knows exactly what he is doing and is fine with it, yet you would need 'guts' to start something like this, aka the 'trigger')

Well, despite the minor flaws like that - I think it's one of the few great series out there in the grey ocean of harems, romance and other cliche stuff, a weak 10/10 from me and actually another favorite, mostly because of the 'enjoyment' aspect of the series.
Was planning on give it a 9, but can't really do that since I am planning on getting this to favorites. Funny enough, most of the recommendations are spot on for exactly what I enjoy, so who knows, maybe there will be some recommendations of something I didn't read yet in the future.

My biggest disappointment in the whole story is that it made me actually look up how asians treat the children crimes - looked it up, and for a country that can give you a DEATH(!!!!!) penalty(actually forget about that - no death penalty in Korea anymore, only in Japan) for killing another person - a child under 18(Korea) is considered a juvenile and won't ever get you as serious of a penalty(an absolute maximum of 15 years and that's probably in the worst cases of mass murdering, they usually don't last longer than 5 years for simple murders)
To top it all off - you do NOT get a crime record... that means no one will even know you are an ex murderer when you are out of your juvenile sentence outside of group of people directly affected by it.

Seriously... you can go on an 'all you can kill' murder spree as a child(under 18 in Korea), tell that you are sorry and get released when you become adult? Not even a crime record to go along with it? That doesn't even feel real and feels more like I am reading some shounen manga instead of reading real life rules.
HentaichegNov 11, 2018 12:29 PM
Nov 27, 2018 11:23 PM
Dec 2017
I loved the ending. Jin did go to jail...but the fact that he'll be released and happy with Kyun (hopefully) makes me feel better. At first, it upset me a bit because, you know, he was living with a disturbed father and only did those things with him out of fear that he could die. For a series like Bastard, the ending was relatively happy despite that though.
Dec 5, 2018 6:00 AM

Feb 2016
Hentaicheg said:

My biggest disappointment in the whole story is that it made me actually look up how asians treat the children crimes - looked it up, and for a country that can give you a DEATH(!!!!!) penalty(actually forget about that - no death penalty in Korea anymore, only in Japan) for killing another person - a child under 18(Korea) is considered a juvenile and won't ever get you as serious of a penalty(an absolute maximum of 15 years and that's probably in the worst cases of mass murdering, they usually don't last longer than 5 years for simple murders)
To top it all off - you do NOT get a crime record... that means no one will even know you are an ex murderer when you are out of your juvenile sentence outside of group of people directly affected by it.

Seriously... you can go on an 'all you can kill' murder spree as a child(under 18 in Korea), tell that you are sorry and get released when you become adult? Not even a crime record to go along with it? That doesn't even feel real and feels more like I am reading some shounen manga instead of reading real life rules.

It happens the same stuff here in Brazil (that's why a lot of people here are complaining about reducind the majority age to 16). For me this is kind of the "norm".

My problem with the ending of this webtoon is how could a girl still wait for him like, what the fuck if you have a fight with him, he can kill you, this is a trap! (but at the same time, I wanted them to be together in the end)
Dec 5, 2018 8:33 PM

Feb 2017
xiliqs said:
Hentaicheg said:

It happens the same stuff here in Brazil (that's why a lot of people here are complaining about reducind the majority age to 16). For me this is kind of the "norm".

My problem with the ending of this webtoon is how could a girl still wait for him like, what the fuck if you have a fight with him, he can kill you, this is a trap! (but at the same time, I wanted them to be together in the end)

it happens in most of the world,underage criminals get set free. some famous examples of this are -junko furuta case from japan and nirbhaya case from india in which the female victims were horribly killed but the underage guilty criminals were set free after juvenile...sad but true...i can ever mention some cases where children as small as 10 have committed horrible crimes and are set free.

Dec 20, 2018 12:04 PM
Jul 2016
Shamo6 said:
Tennouji said:

That's just dumb and superficial. He did feel guilty after learning about morals but he never intended to make himself suffer for what he wasn't in control of. That bit*h did for her own feelings. Great manga ruined by one single character. Actually now that i think about it, every panel featuring her was cringey af.

Kyun knows Jin would feel more at peace telling the truth. And how is it her childish morals? It's the LAW. Yes, from our point of view Jin has repented, but think of the families of his father's victims. They couldn't get justice coz the killer committed suicide, but at least the accomplice had SOME sort of punishment. So, it's better for Jin to confess himself that he's an accomplice instead of being caught coz the punishment would be more severe, so it's good of Kyun to encourage him to confess. Plus, just because he went to a juvenile center because Kyun encouraged doesn't mean Kyun ruined his life? Aren't you blaming the wrong person? Jin's DAD was the one who ruined his life.
Dec 20, 2018 8:23 PM
Jul 2018
yurisakura said:
Shamo6 said:

Kyun knows Jin would feel more at peace telling the truth. And how is it her childish morals? It's the LAW. Yes, from our point of view Jin has repented, but think of the families of his father's victims. They couldn't get justice coz the killer committed suicide, but at least the accomplice had SOME sort of punishment. So, it's better for Jin to confess himself that he's an accomplice instead of being caught coz the punishment would be more severe, so it's good of Kyun to encourage him to confess. Plus, just because he went to a juvenile center because Kyun encouraged doesn't mean Kyun ruined his life? Aren't you blaming the wrong person? Jin's DAD was the one who ruined his life.

Jin has nothing to do with lives his Daddy took. He was corned and young. If he wanted he could've told police he didn't know anything about this but that bi*ch forced him. If your relative was serial killer and committed suicide to escape, Would you go to jail so victims family can rest at peace? Would you ruin your life for their sake ? No you wouldn't and that's where the hypocrisy comes and childish morals get exposed.
Dec 30, 2018 11:09 AM

Nov 2018
So they end up together, kyun sent him a message saying everyone is ok while he was in jail.

Jan 13, 2019 3:39 AM
May 2016
I think the only bitttch here is "Shamo6" since he is complaining about best grill meanwhile knowing 0 about soccer.
Jan 13, 2019 4:54 AM
Jul 2018
it was the most perfect way to end
Apr 16, 2019 7:57 AM

Dec 2016
While I was reading it i felt like something was missing about the son being in jail but yeah it's pure logic, ending was amazing 10/10
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Jun 9, 2019 9:27 AM

Jul 2016
Not bad, it reminded me of The Shawshank Redemption.

I just wish they gave a backstory to Dongsoo, guy was scary.
Jun 9, 2019 2:29 PM

Nov 2014
Finished in 1/2 day. The suspense each chapter made me unable to stop.

Turns out the father did really love his son, just had a twisted way of showing it. 9/10 ending for me, only thing I would've liked to see as well is Kyun with Jin but other than that, I loved this series.
Jul 21, 2019 5:15 AM

Feb 2018
I think there will be a marriage or something. I think the end of this manga is good because it explains how the fate of MC is after the antagonists are defeated ... yes they live with happiness even though the male mc must be imprisoned.
Jul 21, 2019 8:46 AM
May 2019
Honestly I liked it's ending it wasn't bed at all. It was almost certainly an interesting read. I will most likely revisit it in the future it definitely has a reread value.
Oct 9, 2019 4:11 PM
Nov 2015
Shamo- said:
Tennouji said:

Shamo- said:
Tennouji said:

That's neither dumb nor superficial to live that idea that you could be caught later in life or that you have a burden will follow you forever, and seeing the anxiety he felt throughout the series that makes it more potent.

Serving time and knowing you have been punished for your wrong doing and that you will be okay after it makes it a cleanse of conscious.
Oct 9, 2019 4:15 PM
Nov 2015
Optigisa said:
Not bad, it reminded me of The Shawshank Redemption.

I just wish they gave a backstory to Dongsoo, guy was scary.
Shamo- said:
yurisakura said:

Jin has nothing to do with lives his Daddy took. He was corned and young. If he wanted he could've told police he didn't know anything about this but that bi*ch forced him. If your relative was serial killer and committed suicide to escape, Would you go to jail so victims family can rest at peace? Would you ruin your life for their sake ? No you wouldn't and that's where the hypocrisy comes and childish morals get exposed.
yes but he did do it , did you not see his conciouse and the guilt he faced for all those things he did.
He helped him take them and at a point he did it volunteerly to protect himself.
That's not the same thing as the anology you brought.
And she didn't force him either he felt no contemplation when he agreed to do it cause he knew that she would be on his side always.
The series was made better because of her character it's because that his conciouse is cleared and he's proven to himself that he isn't a demon.
Oct 9, 2019 4:17 PM
Nov 2015
FMmatron said:
I didn't see the last twist coming tbh.

Overall it was quite entertaining all around,without a dull moment. I'm glad that it ended on a happpy note,cause some events during the run were depressing enough for me.

6,5/10 good read.
Really only 6.5 my dude.
Oct 9, 2019 4:24 PM
Nov 2015
Hentaicheg said:
Pretty nice, a rather good ending with not as many plot holes as those type of series usually end up with.
Even though good endings are something not my taste at all - it was done, while not exactly perfectly, but at least pretty good-great tier.

It also gave you that feeling of suspense which made you keep reading and reading. There isn't really any mystery for the 'detective' type of guys out there - it's purely persons feelings playing out there, which is also a good relaxation when you don't want to break your head trying to figure out the murderer before manga ends.

There were reasons and explanations which didn't feel like they were some last second made up stuff.

My main complaint would be about not enough attention being given to his dad and his hobbies - even though I understand that people don't really need 'reason' to do something like this, there should at least be a 'trigger' to it. Or the person has to be mentally unstable by the letter, which he isn't(he is sane, since he knows exactly what he is doing and is fine with it, yet you would need 'guts' to start something like this, aka the 'trigger')

Well, despite the minor flaws like that - I think it's one of the few great series out there in the grey ocean of harems, romance and other cliche stuff, a weak 10/10 from me and actually another favorite, mostly because of the 'enjoyment' aspect of the series.
Was planning on give it a 9, but can't really do that since I am planning on getting this to favorites. Funny enough, most of the recommendations are spot on for exactly what I enjoy, so who knows, maybe there will be some recommendations of something I didn't read yet in the future.

The last part confuses how is that a problem, it says that they won't get as serious a penalty and he would spend 5 years in juvie and that you don't get a record fine, he still has to serve time as an accessory, is the time exaggerated yes but so what. You think Shounen mangas are the only ones that don't work on real life rules, this applies to seinen as well. Monster, beserk, vinland saga hell even movies aimed at an adult demographic don't work on real life rules. Hurt locker, gravity, apocalypse now, citizen kane. There is no fiction that emulates life perfectly even breaking bad is unrealistic.
Oct 12, 2019 7:04 PM
Aug 2016
THe ending was questionable (at least for me).
1. Why he decide to forgive his father?
2. Why his father cant kill his own familiy?
3. The very last image showing he (probably) visit his own mother, for what?
Oct 13, 2019 2:45 AM

Jul 2016
franks_brugh said:
THe ending was questionable (at least for me).
1. Why he decide to forgive his father?
2. Why his father cant kill his own familiy?
3. The very last image showing he (probably) visit his own mother, for what?

I do feel kind of similar about the ending but i think i see it on a different perspective, i didin't like how convinient it was, or maybe more like how rushed it feel compared to the rest of the series where they took their time to build up everything to make everything make sence at the end.

about the questions, here is my opinion about them:

1. I feel like he decided to do it after he realized he wasn't a victim like he though he was all those years, after he realized he was just as bad as him when he was a kid and that hes father really didin't force him to do anything. He joined him into that world by hes own will, forget it after a traumatizing event and make himself think he was a victim. After realizing hes father was never hes "enemy" like he though it was i think he really didn't have any reason to hate him. He did kidnap hes girlfriend i guess but he never really hurt her.

2. Idk, prob some part of hes psychopath mentality. He enjoys watching other people suffer and killing them slowly, but in hes mind those who he love and the people important to them are in a different category. Might be the reason why he never hurt Kyun, he has nothing to do with her and at one point she was hes target, but after realizing it was important to hes son he diceded to instead "test" her to see is she was worth of being with hes son.

3. Probably to close that part of hes life or to show her how he changed and that he forgives her, even after what she did.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bastard Chapter 50 Discussion

joe_g7 - May 8, 2018

3 by Controversy »»
Mar 21, 9:51 AM

Poll: » Bastard Chapter 94 Discussion ( 1 2 )

EGOIST - May 10, 2018

55 by astoneon »»
Jan 29, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Bastard Chapter 93 Discussion

Tennouji - Apr 10, 2018

8 by astoneon »»
Jan 29, 2:31 PM

Poll: » Bastard Chapter 92 Discussion

Tennouji - Apr 10, 2018

6 by astoneon »»
Jan 29, 2:22 PM

Poll: » Bastard Chapter 72 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 19, 2018

5 by astoneon »»
Jan 26, 2:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.