Forum Settings
Forums

The Official 2018 United States of America Midterm General Elections Thread!

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 9, 2018 3:51 PM

Nov 2009
traed said:
ChesCayk said:

I apparently just deleted everything I had written after I had commented :\

I'm too lazy to write everything again...

I took what you said the wrong way, I thought you wanted to get rid of voter ID altogether and just let anyone walk in (kinda just what it sounded like to me)... I honestly dont know how that will work either but if there can be an easier way to register and not have it cost money or waste time, then yeah, I'd be all for it.

My dad told me that murderers, rapists, ect cant vote but if anyone spent time for a small crime then they are allowed to vote. I think that might depend on the state tho (I also dont know if thats true or not tho)

I didnt mean to make it sound like I was defending Republicans, it just sounded like your comment was one sided so I just thought to counter it. Someone also commented on how both sides cheat and honestly, they are both fucked up. Not just republicans. I dont know if we can stop both parties from cheating.

I did read up on what voter purging is, I understand why it was implemented, but I can see how it can be used to cheat.

That's what CTRL- z is for. It brings back if you deleted stuff on accident even if it was by the button in the text box.

There is. Automatic registry. Tons of countries do it that way where anyone legible to vote can vote.

It's any felony not just those. Things like copyright violation and possession of a decent amount of drugs is also considered felony charges. How long their ability to vote is taken away duffers by state. Basically sending a digital copy of an anime show to a friend can land you a felony charge.

The US just has a bad voting system overall and a flawed legal system.

ahhh thanks for the tip :)

ohhh that'd be nice. That would make things so much easier. I think a lot of US policies may be out dated as well.

毎日, 日本語を勉強する
Nov 9, 2018 5:24 PM

Mar 2008
ChesCayk said:
traed said:

That's what CTRL- z is for. It brings back if you deleted stuff on accident even if it was by the button in the text box.

There is. Automatic registry. Tons of countries do it that way where anyone legible to vote can vote.

It's any felony not just those. Things like copyright violation and possession of a decent amount of drugs is also considered felony charges. How long their ability to vote is taken away duffers by state. Basically sending a digital copy of an anime show to a friend can land you a felony charge.

The US just has a bad voting system overall and a flawed legal system.

ahhh thanks for the tip :)

ohhh that'd be nice. That would make things so much easier. I think a lot of US policies may be out dated as well.

Taxes also can be automatically filed. The US is basically the only country that makes it's citizens do the hard part for them.
Nov 9, 2018 7:09 PM

Feb 2010
SpamuraiSensei said:
--ALEX-- said:

“SJW Violence”? Are you trolling?

In the last weeks leading up to the election we have seen nothing but Far Fight Violence.

The MAGA Bomber? The Anti-Semetic Shooting? Are these SJWs?

And dude...guess what...the United States has this law on Asylum which says that people trying to get into the U.S for Asylum are at least supposed to be heard.

This SCARY caravan that is on its way (still a long way away BTW) is Asylum-seeking individuals who have had their home countries ravaged by War, drugs, and Violence.

Again...the U.S has laws in Asylum!

You okay with having them live next to you then? Maybe you could invite them in for some tea.

sure i wouldn't mind the company.

considering like most countries asylum seekers are closely watched more closely then our own citizens mean they are less likely to actually do anything then your alcoholic neighborhood Gregory who owns a rifle and fires it in the air randomly every 4th of July and you find your car has new dents in it the following morning.....

>_> can i have a new neighbor?
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Nov 10, 2018 1:40 PM

Nov 2016
hazarddex said:
SpamuraiSensei said:

You okay with having them live next to you then? Maybe you could invite them in for some tea.

considering like most countries asylum seekers are closely watched more closely then our own citizens mean they are less likely to actually do anything then your alcoholic neighborhood Gregory who owns a rifle and fires it in the air randomly every 4th of July and you find your car has new dents in it the following morning.....

What makes you think they'll be better neighbors than what you currently have?

They haven't been checked out or screened because they aren't applying legally to live there. You could be inviting people with extensive criminal records right where you live.

The White House is not against legal immigration.
Nov 10, 2018 2:19 PM

Jul 2012
SpamuraiSensei said:
hazarddex said:

They haven't been checked out or screened because they aren't applying legally to live there. You could be inviting people with extensive criminal records right where you live.

That's the thing though, they are applying for legal immigration. That's the whole idea of applying for asylum. They can even legally apply if they enter at a non-specified entry point.

There's literally no basis for saying the caravan or any of the people in it intend to illegally take residence in the United States. In fact if they are able to do that it would just mean that the border patrol and in this scenario the military are so incompetent that they couldn't track a large group of people on foot despite them traveling hundreds of miles and into domestic territory and giving them at least a 2 month warning.
GamerDLMNov 10, 2018 2:24 PM
Nov 10, 2018 2:49 PM

Nov 2016
GamerDLM said:
SpamuraiSensei said:

That's the thing though, they are applying for legal immigration. That's the whole idea of applying for asylum. They can even legally apply if they enter at a non-specified entry point.

There's literally no basis for saying the caravan or any of the people in it intend to illegally take residence in the United States. In fact if they are able to do that it would just mean that the border patrol and in this scenario the military are so incompetent that they couldn't track a large group of people on foot despite them traveling hundreds of miles and into domestic territory and giving them at least a 2 month warning.

Actually, it's been reported and confirmed that gang members and people with extensive criminal history have taken part in the caravan. Not only by Homeland security but the Mexican government too.

From what I understand, people that are cleared will be granted asylum, but not the whole lot.
Nov 10, 2018 3:15 PM

Jul 2012
SpamuraiSensei said:
GamerDLM said:

Actually, it's been reported and confirmed that gang members and people with extensive criminal history have taken part in the caravan. Not only by Homeland security but the Mexican government too.

From what I understand, people that are cleared will be granted asylum, but not the whole lot.

After reading the DHS report I can concede they confirmed about 270 people with criminal records in total. Out of 7,000 people though that's only 3.8% of the estimated total people but that's also assuming the full group reaches the border. (About 3000 of which have already stopped and applied for visas at Mexico city).

The more likely scenario is they're going to break off and join up with drug cartels in Mexico because the risk factor of coming into the US is too high even with the cover of asylum seekers and the journey on foot is way too much effort. So the point still stands that there isn't really a basis for people who are part of the caravan to plan on taking up illegal residence. For the simple fact that they're too easy to track, the security is too tight and the journey is too difficult that they might not even have significant cover if they do reach the border.
Nov 10, 2018 6:39 PM
Nov 2018
Trump and his opponents on twitter weigh in

Nov 10, 2018 6:52 PM

Mar 2008
@StormString88

Signatures don't match? What is that even supposed to mean. Lol
Nov 11, 2018 3:31 AM

Jul 2016
I voted straight democratic and to legalize recreational marijuana use.
Nov 11, 2018 4:15 AM

Mar 2008
IpreferEcchi said:
I voted straight democratic and to legalize recreational marijuana use.

That's a bit tricky because it's not something tied to a specific party of the two major ones. There are people for and against on both sides. More Democrats for than Republicans for the time being it seems though.
Nov 11, 2018 2:01 PM

Jul 2016
@traed @Kyotosomo

I voted for it as a proposal. Those two thoughts weren't connected.

I voted straight democratic for governor/house/senate, and then I voted for a recreational marijuana proposal in my state.
Nov 11, 2018 5:01 PM

Dec 2016
papsoshea said:
Grey-Zone said:
What the hell is going on with the election in Arizona and the special election in Mississippi? They still haven't finished counting and it's already 3 days after the election. How did a 0.9% advantage for McSally at 100% votes counted turn into a 0.5% advantage for Sinema at... "---%" votes counted?! What is this? Not sure if it's RCP screwing up or if there are some strange things happening backstage... even if they are counting mail-in votes, it shouldn't take so long. This isn't California we are talking about...

And The Mississippi special election has been at 98% votes counted without any change for the last 3 days. What are the doing?
They found 24, 000+ votes. Then you have Florida where a lot of shady shit is happening. What to make of this?

Lol! He who smelt it, dealt it.

Nov 19, 2018 1:47 AM

Oct 2014
Recounts in Florida now pretty much over. DeSantis (GOP) will be governor of Florida and current governor of Florida, Agent 47 (GOP), will be a senator of Florida.

Some people are even saying that Florida has become a "red state", though considering how close the elections were, I don't think such a statement has much weight, though fact is that GOP will now control the governor position and both senate seats for Florida.
Nov 19, 2018 2:14 PM

Jul 2012
Grey-Zone said:
Recounts in Florida now pretty much over. DeSantis (GOP) will be governor of Florida and current governor of Florida, Agent 47 (GOP), will be a senator of Florida.

Some people are even saying that Florida has become a "red state", though considering how close the elections were, I don't think such a statement has much weight, though fact is that GOP will now control the governor position and both senate seats for Florida.

They also just added like 1.4 million more voters with this election so until those people register or vote it's probably too early to call what color the state is going to be in the future given how close the races were.
Nov 19, 2018 9:51 PM
Feb 2017
--ALEX-- said:
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2018-midterm-election-forecast/house/

This is it...Tomorrow, Tuesday November 6, 2018, could be one of the most important Midterm Elections in a very long time in this country.

The House, the Senate, and many Governor races throughout the nation will be up for grabs.

As we know, the GOP has been in FULL control of EVERY aspect of government with Donald Trump as the head.

In Trump’s first two years as President we have seen him coddle with and congratulate dictators, spur America’s allies especially Europe nations.

>Disastrous trade tariffs.

>Bring in a very Conservative judge to the Supreme Court which will probably have lasting consequences moving forward if you care about Social Progress in this country.

>A tax cut that in the long run will ONLY help the richest Americans and corporations while continuing to FUCK OVER the middle class.

>We’ve seen him literally separate families who were seeking asylum (which is completely LEGAL to seek asylum in the U.S) because he has a huge irrational HATRED of immigrants.

>We’ve seen Extremism RISE in this country as the nation has become deeply divided...Hate groups have become emboldened with Trump as President...and why not...a man who says “both sides have good people” after ONE side preformed a HATE rally and eventually drove a car into the other side and killed one person!

All of this and I’m not even going to mention the litany of legal troubles the President is still under...for fuck’s sake he’s still under investigation!

So yes...this election has HUGE implications because there can only be one of two results....either the GOP remain in power giving Trump Carte Blanche...

Or...we vote in the OPPOSITION to deny him all of his insane ideas.

Once more here we go again...

Alert! Alert!: hard bias detected
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.