Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 8, 2018 5:55 PM

May 2016
Welp, I almost shed a tear, if this is how normal idol anime goes then I might even check them out and well, Ai's dead was a shock to her fans.
Nov 8, 2018 6:21 PM

Aug 2013
this...got deep real quick
Don't believe the hype.
Nov 8, 2018 6:22 PM

Jul 2016
Ai's death was... shocking, to say the least.

Hopefully we learn how the others died throughout the series. Particularly interested in Saki's death since she's the best (closely followed by Ai). Performing in the rain though, with the limitations of their makeup? Sounds like bad news. Better bring some raincoats for these girls or something.
Nov 8, 2018 6:57 PM

Jul 2016
I guess we could say that it was a shocking episode ;) I fell from my (imaginary) seat!

May 2017
Everyone: Legendary Yamada Tae

Mizuno Ai: hold my beer *lightning strikes*

Mar 2014
quite an acknowledged ep to know the difference of idol culture in different decades, but i do hate today's fast paced idol culture.
Nov 8, 2018 7:48 PM

Aug 2014
Was not expecting Ai's death at all! I'm curious for how the others died, especially Tae.

I also hope we get episodes focusing on Yuugiri and Lily more, they've been mainly on the sidelines ):
Nov 8, 2018 8:12 PM

Nov 2011
The episode actually started off being somewhat meh...minus Kotaro being freaking hilarious. But it got a lot better in the second half. We now know 4 of the 7 deaths in this anime so far so I wonder how the others passed.

A lack of Tae chan in this episode too T_T

Damn Ai went out with a Flash.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Nov 8, 2018 8:19 PM

May 2018
I actually a little bit sad with junko's death. The fact that an airplane accident has just happen on my country, so it affect me more than usual (Pray for JT610)

Ai's death is considered too epic, yet legendary. Of course, next week is outdoor concert, which is might affect Ai's phobia due to her cause of death.

Yeah, this is good episode. I hope we can see the cause of death from rest of member.
Nov 8, 2018 8:46 PM

Aug 2015
PurpleGirl203 said:
[img]https://66.media.tumblr.com
The deaths of Junko and Ai are very tragic :( I am curious about the other four girls's death... These are my bets (based on scars):
- Saki Nikkaido -> Got hit hard by a object?
- Lili Hoshikawa -> Heart Attack.
- Yuugiri -> Killed by a samurai.
- Tae Yamada -> Maybe drug addict? Not sure...

I'll guess:
Saki: bike accident
Yuugiri: they'll probably go with samurai, but irl i'd bet on cholera

xergiokw said:
They might not be related but...
Creepy thoughts are coming to my mind...

Any theory?

That'd be dark af
I hope so
Nov 8, 2018 9:08 PM

Jul 2016
Well... I guess that if you have to go meet your creator, what a better way to do it that being struck by lightning in front of a multitude while having your solo as an Idol xD

It was an ok episode. Sadly, neither Junko nor Ai are of my liking so I wasn't as invested in the drama like other people.
Nov 8, 2018 9:17 PM

Jan 2011
PurpleGirl203 said:

What are you doing with the detergent, Tae? XDD She's so funny!
She's doing her best.
Nov 8, 2018 9:19 PM

Apr 2009
The sad part about Ai and, I believe, what's motivating her right now is that she became a legendary idol for the wrong reason: her death. To be remembered by many from an accident and not on one's achievements is mortifying for an idol.
Nov 8, 2018 10:14 PM
Oct 2015
I don't quite understand what the show is doing anymore. The selling point of this show really was that it was a idol anime parody with mind-blowing quick witted comedy, and then they give us this episode. And they just completely abandoned the whole new genre of music theme an episode (Although I'm hopeful for the Rock thing). I had a feeling this was going to happen since episode 3. Idk, I just feel like the show is pulling a 180. Heck, not even Kotaro was very funny this episode.
Nov 8, 2018 10:27 PM
Jun 2017
Love this episode...

Ai's death sure is not that great, and as a person you want to be remember in a good way and thats why i feel sad for her after knowing her past. As she is popular and became a history because of her death..

And next weeks episode will be a bigger challenge to her since it will made her remember of the past.

Im looking forward to next episode. I just hope she can conquer her fear and able o perform at the saga rock.
Nov 8, 2018 11:35 PM

May 2015
666th visitor? It's not a coincidence!

Laundry Detergent! Tae is best girl!

Series of idol major group splits signals the end of the Idol Wars. WE NEED IDOL WARS!

Quoted for Truth:

"Why does your dance matter?" In other words, F**K your dance! Now sit your ass down! LEL!

So Junko is the honest idol while Ai is more like the crowdpleaser. This is going to be tough...

Ooooh nice detal consistency with Sakura jumping into the water and losing her makeup.

Death by lightning. Whose idea was it to have the idol group perform in the middle of the rain? Of course you don't want to be remembered for how you died, but how you lived. I mean death by lightning sounds awesome...but that sucks...Well maybe it wasn't as bad as what Ms. Hirano is notoriously known for...

Well they got the gig for Saga Rock, but with Ai and Junko being divided by their polarizing views on what it means to be an idol as well as Ai having to perform outdoors, Franchouchou is going to have to get their problems resolved before their performance, and also hope that it doesn't rain on that day...

Minimal comedy this episode, focusing more on Ai and Junko's backgrounds and seeing what it means to be an idol in their eyes. It was nice, but let's see if they can really deliver a performance at Saga Rock. We're at the halfway mark, so we can still go upwards from here!
Nov 8, 2018 11:45 PM

Nov 2017
PurpleGirl203 said:

The deaths of Junko and Ai are very tragic :( I am curious about the other four girls's death... These are my bets (based on scars):
- Saki Nikkaido -> Got hit hard by a object?
- Lili Hoshikawa -> Heart Attack.
- Yuugiri -> Killed by a samurai.
- Tae Yamada -> Maybe drug addict? Not sure...

This is information that i found on TV trophes :
- Minamoto Sakura : died in April 7, 2008 (5 days after her birthday) after being hit by a truck
- Mizuno Ai : killed after being struck by lightning during a concert on August 4, 2008 .
- Konno Junko : dying in a plane crash on December 6, 1983.
- Nikaidou, Saki : died on August 30, 1997
- Yugiri : died on December 28, 1882
- Hoshikawa Lily : November 30, 2011
- Yamada Tae : No information found about her yet. The only information is... she is died on 29 years old.
- Just think of it.... yugiri dies on19th centuries and her body still doesnt decompose till 2018.
- First died shown... Sakura get hit by the truck without scar on her head.. but when she rise as a zombie there is a scar on her forehead. and about Ai and Junko... There're to much scar like sewing on their head.. I dont think there is need to sewing her face due Ai's dies by the thunder...
- ohh... i found a thing that Yamada Tae is the only girl that doesnt awaken yet... and her past life doesnt revealed too.
Now Loading.....
Nov 8, 2018 11:50 PM

Mar 2017
no moba can defeat that Legendary lol

can't wait for the new song next week
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Nov 9, 2018 1:35 AM
Jan 2017
Yuri_Rusher said:
Welp, I almost shed a tear, if this is how normal idol anime goes then I might even check them out and well, Ai's dead was a shock to her fans.
there is usually a bit of feels in all the ones I have seen
Nov 9, 2018 4:58 AM

Mar 2017
Ai and Junko's past and cause of deaths were revealed. I always welcome character developments and events that adds up depth to characters.
So they'll be performing in Saga Rock. Don't know what will happen of Ai though.

See? Tae is always the best girl ❤ First cloth detergent and then soy sauce 👌

Nov 9, 2018 6:03 AM

May 2018
Wow, twhat a serious episode this week, not that it's a bad thing! I enjoyed the Ai and Junko's clash on what an idol is, and we found out how they died.
And uh, sorry Ai, with how you're posed when you died, I can't help but laugh. hahahaha
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Nov 9, 2018 6:04 AM

Jul 2015
Well... damn. I wasn't expecting deaths of that level. On one hand I feel kind of bad, but I only feel bad because it was kind of funny. I wonder if they'll go over the other's deaths.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Nov 9, 2018 6:55 AM

Feb 2014
Still it's strange how Sakura still don't remember her past at all even though all of Franchouchou member remembers their past (Yamada Tae is exceptional)

Any clues?
Nov 9, 2018 7:02 AM
Feb 2017
The death of Ai is... Well I can't speak anything more

I am so sorry for her death, but that is... legendary...?
Nov 9, 2018 7:33 AM

Nov 2014
I feel like sooner or later, someone watching their performances would be like "wtf, I know this person, isn't she already dead?" or something along these lines.
SHIIIIZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Nov 9, 2018 7:37 AM

Apr 2015
A bit of fight between Junko and Ai in this episode.

damn, their death kinda sad though... and weird...

well, at least we get how Ai and Junko died.

And next week episode, Ai will face her fear. Outdoor concert and raining too...

Hope Lightning-kun doesn't hit on her again...
Nov 9, 2018 8:03 AM

Oct 2015
xergiokw said:

1st episode:

6th episode, Ai-chan death segment:

Was that video part of the tour when Ai died? It makes sense; in this episode it is also said (on the computer screen) that Ai-chan died 10 years ago, so it must be close in time to Sakura's death.

Any theory?

Based on the official anime website, Sakura was killed in 7 April 2008. While Ai was killed in 4 August 2008. So no that's not Ai's last perofrmance and Sakura is not trying to take Ai's place.
Nov 9, 2018 8:33 AM

Mar 2015
This episode have boring soap-opera like drama, until Ai's death was revealed. I just burst into laughter, since i think it was reference to that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2AC41dglnM
P.S. Look on recent comments.
Nov 9, 2018 8:57 AM

Jul 2008
Zombieland Saga is a idol anime made to promote tourism in the Saga Prefecture.
But they needed a twist, something to make it stand out in the midst of all the Idol show that populate the industry.
So tey got the brillant idea of using Zombies.

Zombie media is something that made a big impact on pop culture in recent years.
It's a polar opposite of Idol media so enables great comedic opportunities because of that duality.
And a same time by using the most fundamental caracterisc of a true zombie show, it permits to create a very strong social commentary on the idol industry.

And thats why the show focuses mainly on the 3 generation of idols, the Past (Junko), the Present (Ai), and the Future (Sakura) they are the core of the conflicts of the show.

Saki gets a lot of spotlight because she creates conflict by being someone who fight against traditional society and wants to find her place in the world.

Tae-chan create conflic by acting without thinking, causing problems for the rest of the crew (She is the Leroy Jerkins of Frachouchou), but in the end she still manages to be the most popular of the group, showing that you don't need to care about what the others thinks about you and be ourself. (btw I theorize that tae-chan is actually already awake!)

Yuugiri and Lily don't create any conflics, they are, in fact, happy with this new 'life', so they don't have any motives to appear right now aside of comedic skits.

Zombieland saga is for people who like Idol Animes, and the team behind it is doing the best they can to make something special with what they have.

I might be wrong but that what i took from this show.

Sorry for any misspellings, english is not really my forte. 🙇
Nov 9, 2018 9:06 AM

Aug 2016
Mattinator95 said:
Kansai-ben-otaku said:
so guys.. are you in team ai or team junko

Nope the legendary Yamada Tae

*Sigh* I guess legendary Yamada Tae won't wake up this season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 9, 2018 10:10 AM

May 2018
So Jubko was an 80's idol and Ai is a modern day idol two generations clash.

Too bad Junko died in a plane crash, Ai got hit by lighting,

Seriously the manager bathe with his shade on , talk about the 80's song " I gotta wear Shade. "
Nov 9, 2018 1:22 PM

Oct 2017
The most interesting thing here is how Junko is disgusted about the whole "touch your idol" thing, which I agree. Let's be honest, idol industry is more focused on selling flesh than singers or good music, music is just the excuse.

Other than that, this show is not the comedic subversion of the idol genre I thought it was anymore, so I'm kinda disappointed, probably I will drop it sooner or later.
Nov 10, 2018 3:01 AM

Feb 2014
Tokoya said:

And Ai getting struck by lightning was messed up but I'd be lying if I said that it still wasn't epic lol....Wow, now I wanna know how the rest of the girls died (I feel like the older one was murdered judging by that scar on her neck)

Legendary indeed. I too wanna know how others died, especially Lily. Damn how could a Loli die so soon.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Nov 10, 2018 3:04 AM

Aug 2008
This was a really dull episode. Crappy teenage drama is good for regular idol shows I avoid, I wanted something else from dead idols. No wonder the only entertaining part of the episode was death by thunder strike. Boy, was this so stupid it was funny.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Nov 10, 2018 4:18 AM

Apr 2018
Maruko-san said:
xergiokw said:

1st episode:

6th episode, Ai-chan death segment:

Was that video part of the tour when Ai died? It makes sense; in this episode it is also said (on the computer screen) that Ai-chan died 10 years ago, so it must be close in time to Sakura's death.

Any theory?

Based on the official anime website, Sakura was killed in 7 April 2008. While Ai was killed in 4 August 2008. So no that's not Ai's last perofrmance and Sakura is not trying to take Ai's place.

Ok, thanks for the info :)
Nov 10, 2018 6:20 AM

Jul 2009
I'm really enjoying the series so far! I love the backstory of Ai and Junko. I feel bad for Ai dying with a lightning strike and Junko's plane crashing down with her.

It kinda turned the mood all depressing the 2nd half.

Maybe that's why, it's not advise to do an outdoor concert without any roofing.

It's kinda amazing looking back from 2008 to 2018. I mean the Internet was still growing at that time, but it wasn't as used back then compared to now. Where literally every news gets covered instantly.

Can't wait for the next episode! Saga Rock concert! Though, I was kinda hoping they would save that for last.
Nov 10, 2018 9:41 AM
May 2018
lol Ai chan death cause was lighting strike... That's actually legendary!!
Nov 10, 2018 1:29 PM

Dec 2012
The way Ai died made me look up stuff about lightning strikes. They are, surprisingly, not fatal most of the times, as one would expect.

Kinda wish they chose a different backstory. Something's off by the way the website calls her a legend (because of that accident) and the way they comically illustrated the accident happening. That wasn't funny to me, probably because at the same time they're trying to evoke the feels from the audience by showing Ai being determined to conclude unresolved matters from her previous life.

I hope they decide what tone they want the show to have in the next episode or two, because I have NEVER liked those abrupt switches between comedy and drama.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Nov 10, 2018 11:49 PM

Jun 2013
Some of them are finally remembering how they died.

Damn, Ai's death was brutal. How can you even fight lightning? She died quickly but imagine the fans or stans in front row watching their favorite idol die in front of them. However, I laughed. I'm evil. It was just a really funny way of dying.

Also, I want to know more about Tae-chan.

P.S.

Their shitty makeup ain't waterproof.
BibimbapskiNov 10, 2018 11:57 PM
臭い-
Nov 11, 2018 5:36 AM

Apr 2015
Can't really see how she draws the line between akushukais and checkie events, but anyhow.

It's a bit of an inconsistency that Ai hasn't already become the receiver of nationwide intrigue as she probably should have become one of the most famous individuals in Japan, maybe the world, because of the manner of her death. I'm pretty sure that if a top idol like her(which she clearly was, considering her group was filling stadiums-Sagan Tosu's stadium btw) had been killed by a bloody lightning strike even me, a foreigner only vaguely interested in Japanese pop culture, would have known her and her face very well. The literal moment she was on the internet there should have been nationwide uproar. In short,
iumire said:
I feel like sooner or later, someone watching their performances would be like "wtf, I know this person, isn't she already dead?" or something along these lines.

this should have already happened.

Not here though, for some reason.
Nov 11, 2018 10:34 AM

Sep 2011
Feels like, I didn't expect that this series will become kinda serious.

Nov 11, 2018 7:37 PM
Sep 2018
FallenEntity said:
I love that their giving us more backstory on how they died because that's something that I always wondered and now we know how 3 of them died. personally I can't decide which is worse plane crash or lightning strike? Still waiting for tae to wake up from her zombie sleep but at the same time I hope she never does.
#

I get the feeling when/ if she does she'll reveal a dark truth about Kotaro...
Nov 11, 2018 7:41 PM
Sep 2018
[quote=DrMondaiNashi message=56183434]
sarnlack said:

Now the real enigma is Taeko.

I have a feeling she might of been pulled apart because of her multiple limbs?
Nov 11, 2018 8:31 PM
Sep 2018
Wow... This episode came out of nowhere... But I like it : 3 It gave a lot more plot and character development and we got to see why Ai & Junko are the way they are while still keeping the humour we love. More episodes like this please. I was literally so caught up I didn't even realise how quickly the episode went
Nov 12, 2018 2:10 AM
Oct 2016
Halfway there and still enjoying this.

It was also nice to see some backstories about how Junko and Ai become zombies. Can't but sympathize, i suppose.
Nov 12, 2018 3:01 AM

Oct 2008
This episode tackles about each and everyone's generational differences! especially towards the differences of Junko and Ai
next episode would be facing their adversaries!
4/5.

Nov 12, 2018 3:39 AM
Nov 2018
I wonder when or if it will be revealed how they really ended up being zombies at this point tho
Nov 12, 2018 3:39 AM
Nov 2018
Mohammadalmannai said:
Not as good as the other episodes but pretty entertaining nonetheless.

" Sorewa Densetsu da! "
Nov 12, 2018 10:33 AM

Apr 2012
In the very first episode, Sakura was watching a video of Ai and then was shown to be auditioning for something. We just assumed she was a big fan of Ai, but what if this was actually after Ai's death, and she was about to audition as Ai's replacement?
Nov 12, 2018 8:42 PM
Mar 2017
Sakura death before Ai.That video was Sakura watch is Ai in 2007 live perform and it's indoor not outdoor.Look again episode 1
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2018

293 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2018

138 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2018

117 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2018

378 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 12:18 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2018

171 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 11:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.