Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 19, 2018 10:11 PM
Jul 2018
After I watched the first episode I thought this was a joke and that Mappa was trolling us, but god damn am I glad that I kept watching it because this anime is genuinely good and one of the best comedies of this season. Anyone who thinks this anime is trash lacks sense of humor and you'd do best to ignore them.
Oct 20, 2018 12:38 AM
Feb 2009
DatRandomDude said:
because they didnt get the generic survival zombie anime they wanted
DatRandomDude said:
because they didnt get the generic survival zombie anime they wanted

maybe tru, the synopsis for it is really deceiving.
Also the 1st minute made me go wtf is that but then the great turnaround

dc22 said:
It's trashy by design, not actual garbage.

There's a difference.

younger anime fans don't like it pointed out that anime is garbage :) that's why they enjoy trashy shounens. I never get that, they're getting insulted: studios don't put any effort (time, creativity, money) in because people will watch anyway.

The_Mad_Wizard said:
So this is more on the absurd comedy side huh?

When I heard this was an idol show, I was expecting more music.
Especially when I heard that one of the idols was voice by Minami from Wake Up Girls.

I got the wrong mindset and expectation from the start.
Welp. I'm going to watch this as a seasonal absurd comedy anime then.

don't know how you got that. I started watching without any info but watched the PV now, I can understand people who went in thinking it's zombie survival.

Doots said:
Because the same people that think Goblin Slayer is MatUrE cAuSe RaPe are the same people that trash this show because it's "an idol anime".

Though from the looks of it this is shaping up pretty much to be a parody of said idol anime and I'm loving it a lot. I was expecting to just have some fun here and there but the stuff like the rap battle literally made me grin from ear to ear throughout the whole scene more than any other anime did for the pure absurdity.

I anly know Goblin Slayer from the manga so maybe different: sure I get people who didn't get the rape but when a lot out of there tries to ignore serious topics then something like this is interesting, allthough if it was brought up then they could've gone into it more (i don't mean more rape, i mean consecounces of all of ot)

Oct 20, 2018 12:58 AM

May 2018
The first episode was a masterpiece. It basically made fun of metal music by telling us what it really is: A bunch of zombies screaming with loud music.
Oct 20, 2018 1:42 AM
YouTuber / VA

Aug 2017
This show is absolutely brilliant and anybody who says otherwise is totally full of shit. I went in knowing nothing and was absolutely blown away by the first episode like I couldn't believe how brilliant the show was (and I don't even like Idol shows or Slice Of Life shows).

THEN when the second episode came around and the OP hit any fears I had that the show wouldn't be able to keep up the brilliance disappeared. And I absolutely lost my shit when the girls broke into a freestyle rap. Now the third episode did drop the ball a bit but it was still pretty damn good.

I have extremely high hopes for this show, from what I've seen so far this might easily end up being one of the best shows of the year; it's a shame that due to what it pretends to be on a surface level before people actually watch the first episode; it's almost certainly not gonna get the attention it deserves.

Also I don't know why but there's something really familiar about this show that I can't put my finger on that I think is one of the factors contributing to why I love it so much. Best guess I can think of is that maybe I get kind of a Studio Trigger vibe from it (like in their prime when they were pumping out hits like Kill La Kill and Little Witch Academia). Regardless, I'm probably setting my expectations way too high but I'm really excited to see where this show goes.
Oct 20, 2018 10:57 AM

May 2016
Just be a blind eye with those people. MAL is full of trolls, shitposters, and people that they think a show is bad due to it not being serious like Goblin Slayer, Attack on Titan, etc.

9/10
Oct 20, 2018 1:55 PM
Oct 2016
The shows not bad, but I probably won’t be continuing past ep 1. I dislike the music
Oct 20, 2018 5:37 PM

Sep 2011
Bozzzz said:

The_Mad_Wizard said:
So this is more on the absurd comedy side huh?

When I heard this was an idol show, I was expecting more music.
Especially when I heard that one of the idols was voice by Minami from Wake Up Girls.

I got the wrong mindset and expectation from the start.
Welp. I'm going to watch this as a seasonal absurd comedy anime then.

don't know how you got that. I started watching without any info but watched the PV now, I can understand people who went in thinking it's zombie survival.

I didn't even watched the preview. I just heard that it's a new anime original about zombie idols.

But it doesn't matter now because I got what I was expecting in episode 3.
Oct 24, 2018 12:54 AM

Feb 2009
Helios92 said:
Just be a blind eye with those people. MAL is full of trolls, shitposters, and people that they think a show is bad due to it not being serious like Goblin Slayer, Attack on Titan, etc.

9/10

I fucking love Goblin Slayer, and I fell in love with Zombieland Saga, so your argumet is invalid
Oct 24, 2018 1:48 AM
Aug 2018
Because it's idols, I guess? Ngl, I initially dropped it after 1 ep because I wasn't really feeling it, but some people I know keep telling me it's hilarious so maybe I'll catch up with it at some point.
Oct 24, 2018 3:01 PM

Oct 2013
Not calling it garbage but will call it bait depending on how it goes since so far:

- Hilarious 1st ep

- Hilarious 2nd ep

- Typical idol anime-like 3rd ep

3rd ep is a big red flag for people not into idol anime.
Oct 29, 2018 5:33 PM

Dec 2010
I wouldn't call it garbage but so far it is extraordinarily boring and bland to me. None of the characters are interesting to me and it's not consistently funny enough to keep my attention.
Oct 29, 2018 7:00 PM
Jan 2018
Initially knowing nothing about the series along with probably a lot of others - I think the last thing people were expecting was an idol parody.. That's problem #1 if you normally don't even like these shows (which I don't)
Problem #2 is the comedy doesn't land at all. Personal taste but I got a chuckle at the very start of ep 1 and that was it.
Problem #3 is the voices. God damn I despise the manager's voice. He's grating and obnoxious whenever he's speaking.

Oct 29, 2018 8:49 PM

May 2016
Because people have different opinions, some people find the jokes so tasteless, the manager too annoying or the idolish songs so predictable, while others find the jokes spot on, the manager being the funniest character and the idolish songs so enjoyable and good for the progress of the protagonists. I personally enjoy it so far, and I'm looking forward to see the next episode.

PS: The chicken moonwalk tho.
Oct 31, 2018 11:00 AM

May 2016
This series took a fresh and interesting spin on the idol genre and I think it’s what we needed.
Nov 6, 2018 2:07 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
Sometimes I do not get why people enjoy Gintama, but dislike any other anime series with the same kind of humour (nonsense comedy) in a different setting.

Maybe because Gintama mixed serious Shounen Arcs with nonsense comedy episodes between them.

A show that tries to be what it actual presented to be - a nonsense comedy in a music idol setting with zombies. I am not searching for a serious plot here, because that would be absolute worthless to do so.
Nov 8, 2018 8:16 AM

Oct 2013
Cyanwasserstoff said:
Sometimes I do not get why people enjoy Gintama, but dislike any other anime series with the same kind of humour (nonsense comedy) in a different setting.

Maybe because Gintama mixed serious Shounen Arcs with nonsense comedy episodes between them.

A show that tries to be what it actual presented to be - a nonsense comedy in a music idol setting with zombies. I am not searching for a serious plot here, because that would be absolute worthless to do so.

The blending of serious and comedic elements of the show is incredibly difficult to pull off properly, and Gintama nails it for the most part. It can usually switch between a very dramatic moment to full blown ridiculousness in a heart's beat.

Zombieland Saga's far from getting that right, and it's two aspects of comedy & down to earth don't particularly excel individually either.

Nov 9, 2018 1:27 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
ManlyTear said:
Cyanwasserstoff said:

The blending of serious and comedic elements of the show is incredibly difficult to pull off properly, and Gintama nails it for the most part. It can usually switch between a very dramatic moment to full blown ridiculousness in a heart's beat.

Zombieland Saga's far from getting that right, and it's two aspects of comedy & down to earth don't particularly excel individually either.

Besides Zombieland Saga lacks the seriousness completely. So far the series seems to be concentrating on the nonsense comedy part. The premise to somehow save SAGA with idol music is only far back in the background, while the "plot" does not follow any kind of real goal here.

But therefor we already have some character development. The interactions with their so called producer have changed. Some character have already opened up in the group.
Nov 10, 2018 10:50 PM

Jun 2014
I personally think it's just unfunny and cringy. Also the guy is so over the top it annoys the shit out of me but that just my personal preference.
Nov 11, 2018 4:10 AM

Feb 2015

I understand if you don't like this anime, but saying the rap wasn't great makes no sense.

SubtleJ said:
I think it's bad because it's not funny at all. Miyano Mamoru is almost a saving grace. Almost. But if a comedy fails to get a single smile from me, there's no reason to keep watching, especially given another mediocre Idol anime plot. Maybe my expectations a bit too high right now, since we had Asobi Asobase last season.

Really funny how some people in this thread chalk it down to Goblin Slayer "Edgelord" fanboys hating on the show because it's not "serious" enough. Give me a break, lmao. Comedy anime are very hit or miss and this one is definitely a miss for me.
Sayyyaka said:
Funny, I completely dismissed this anime because I too expected it to be another generic zombie horror thing, but it turned out to not be that and I still disliked it. The "comedy" just doesn't do it for me and idols, even in parody, are a sour concept. The rap scene made me cringe.
If you enjoy this, then good on you, but some people just don't like things you do. That's life.
MaskOfIce said:
I personally don't like it because I find a lot of the scenes really cringey to sit through which I personally can't stand. I think it's supposed to be a cringe comedy, which if you like that sort of thing, I can see why you'd love this, but for me that sort of comedy just doesn't make me laugh. I thought Asobi Asobase last season was a much better comedy.

For particular moments that ruin it, basically every time they get up on stage and there's that awkward pause where you know they're going to perform and they don't know what they're doing, even knowing it's going to turn out alright in the end, I still hate that, it's just painful, doesn't make me laugh, and makes it hard to continue. And knowing that something like that is coming every episode if I had to take a guess is what made me decide I don't want to continue.

And really, that's the thing, the comedy a lot of the time feels predictable, which is what makes it really hard to laugh, I know what the joke they're going to make is before they make it. The only time I didn't was the first 2 minutes, which is why that by itself might be the funniest joke I've seen all year. But almost everything else, especially in episode 2, I could see the joke coming and as such it wasn't funny.

I know I'm harping on the comedy, but without the comedy, the show I feel isn't much else, and in terms of a comedy, it doesn't work for me. If it makes you laugh, great, I sincerely hope you love this show. But it's not for me and I'm going to pass on it
SteelingMaxNov 17, 2018 10:37 PM

Nov 11, 2018 4:12 AM

Dec 2017
i don't think that zombieland saga is garbage

maybe bunch of shitposter say it to look cool

Nov 11, 2018 5:22 AM

Nov 2018
Vert said:

I said this in a different post:
If you like the show, great. Don't let other users ruin it for you.

Sounds great opinion, i respect at you.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2018

293 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2018

138 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2018

117 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2018

378 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 12:18 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2018

171 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 11:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.