Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime 'Carole & Tuesday' Announces Additional Staff Members

New
Nov 7, 2018 1:24 AM

Nov 2007
An official website for the previously announced Carole & Tuesday TV anime has revamped and announced additional staff members, as well as revealing a commercial video and a new key visual. The anime is slated for Spring 2019 via Fuji TV's +Ultra timeslot, as well as Kansai TV, Toukai TV, TV Nishinippon, Hokkaido Bunka Housou, and BS Fuji. Netflix will also stream the anime worldwide.

Synopsis
The story happens in the future, where the humans moved to Mars. The story features two girls: Carole and Tuesday. Carole is aiming to be a musician while working in the capital city Alba City. Tuesday, a lonely girl who borns in a wealth family in the local city Harshel City, wants to be a musician but not approved by everyone.

Staff
Director: Motonobu Hori (Hirune Hime: Shiranai Watashi no Monogatari episode director)
Music: Mocky
Music Production: flying DOG

CM

Official Twitter: @carole_tuesday

Source: Comic Natalie
tsubasaloverNov 7, 2018 4:58 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 7, 2018 2:37 AM

Feb 2014
Carole was a girl!? O.o
Nov 7, 2018 3:14 AM

May 2017
dolly94 said:
Carole was a girl!? O.o
yeah when I read that I was like WTF ? so this means this is going to be yuri ? Ah fuck I'm outta here.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 7, 2018 3:31 AM

Apr 2012
MOB_ABOMINATOR said:
dolly94 said:
Carole was a girl!? O.o
yeah when I read that I was like WTF ? so this means this is going to be yuri ? Ah fuck I'm outta here.

It is not known, it can also be a baddy-show. At least it was not stated as a romantic girl x girl story
Nov 7, 2018 3:35 AM

Feb 2011
MOB_ABOMINATOR said:
dolly94 said:
Carole was a girl!? O.o

Dude it's directed by Shinichiro Watanabe, has this man ever done a yuri before ? I don't think so. So put your trust in this man.
Nov 7, 2018 4:33 AM

Dec 2015
This is building up to be very exciting.

dolly94 said:
Carole was a girl!? O.o
I was surprised too lol.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 7, 2018 4:34 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
A canadian is making the OST, never heard of him but noice.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Nov 7, 2018 5:55 AM

Nov 2015
There are also some characters descriptions on the website.

Both characters are inspired by real life (mostly American) singers.

Carole: Inspired by Cool female musicians like Beyoncé, Adele, and Aretha Franklin!

Tuesday: Inspired by Cyndi Lauper, Stevie Nicks, Ed Sheeran, and many others.

http://caroleandtuesday.com/chara/
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Nov 7, 2018 7:47 AM

Oct 2012
dolly94 said:
Carole was a girl!? O.o
I was surprised too lol.[/quote]
What am I missing? Carole is a female name and the poster shows two young women.
Nov 7, 2018 7:56 AM

Nov 2011
Premise sounds pretty interesting and that key visual looks good. Hopefully Motonobu Hori delivers.
Nov 7, 2018 8:05 AM

Apr 2012
modboy said:
What am I missing? Carole is a female name and the poster shows two young women.

Carol is very tomboy-ish, and her breasts are compressed with clothes, so many thought it would be romance between the stereotypical Anglo-Saxon girl and African-American guy. Accordingly, people thought her name was Tuesday, because such fanciful names are not something unusual for black characters in the media.

RobertBobertNov 7, 2018 8:09 AM
Nov 7, 2018 8:56 AM

May 2012
LOL when I looked at cover at the anime page I thought the brown skinned girl was a boy with long hair.

Good thing that she a girl. I don't like to see males in idol or non-action anime
Nov 7, 2018 9:43 AM

Nov 2008
I blame the artstyle for confusing us though, anyway, it should be an alright SoL.

Nov 7, 2018 9:59 AM

Apr 2015
Did Netflix seriously get a yuri?

...Men of taste. If only they could simulcast.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Nov 7, 2018 10:04 AM

Apr 2016
-First Time Director
-First Time Anime Series Composition
-First Time Anime Composer
Definitely a lot of firsts for this project. Can't wait for it. Kinda sucks it's on Netflix though. Maybe they might simulcast it if it's done early.
Nov 7, 2018 11:59 AM

Oct 2010
This has potential, I like the concept and art. But could also be a trainwreck.
Nov 7, 2018 1:05 PM

Oct 2018
VanishingKira said:
This Motonobu Hori has only been episode director for a few series yet never directed an actual series before,though I guess Bones somewhat trust's his ability if he's the director of their 20th anniversary project alongside Shinichiro Watanabe.
Wouldn't worry too much. Hori is a good animator, which often translates into being a good director. I mean, Ishihama's, Natsume's and Oshiyama's first gig as series director turned all out to be well-directed and animated shows, didn't they?

Really looking forward to this show. Passion projects are always worth checking out.
Nov 7, 2018 4:55 PM

Sep 2011
Really looking foreword to this one cause my own personal bias of the (supervising) director

VanishingKira said:
http://caroleandtuesday.com/staffcast/
Supervising Director: Shinichiro Watanabe
Director: Motonobu Hori

This Motonobu Hori has only been episode director for a few series yet never directed an actual series before,though I guess Bones somewhat trust's his ability if he's the director of their 20th anniversary project alongside Shinichiro Watanabe.

Its more like Watanabe chose him more so than anyone at bones, almost all of his past works from this decade have seen him more in the supervising role whilst the main director role is handled by someone under him, and so far that has bred absolutly stellar directors

MaceChan said:
VanishingKira said:
Wouldn't worry too much. Hori is a good animator, which often translates into being a good director. I mean, Ishihama's, Natsume's and Oshiyama's first gig as series director turned all out to be well-directed and animated shows, didn't they?

Really looking forward to this show. Passion projects are always worth checking out.
yeah being a good animator has often times yielded extremely impressive directors since they usually have a good feel on pacing and visual storytelling. The thing is Wattanabe alone makes it so its gonna be well directed at least its the writing that might be questionable if we get another zankyou no terror situation

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 7, 2018 9:57 PM

Oct 2010
Why Mars? Why future? Both girls? Good luck to them, it doesn't tickle my fancy.
Nov 8, 2018 3:12 PM

Aug 2016
JizzyHitler said:
has bred absolutly stellar directors

like? who are you referring to?
Nov 9, 2018 3:13 AM

Sep 2011
anemonespotte said:
JizzyHitler said:
has bred absolutly stellar directors

like? who are you referring to?
its not that these people never worked on stuff before or even never directed episodes before, but after being assistant directors on wattannabe shows all suddenly turned into absolutely stellar directors with great visual storytelling

https://myanimelist.net/people/28579/Shingo_Natsume?q=natsume%20shingo (space dandy)
https://myanimelist.net/people/18371/Yuzuru_Tachikawa (zankyou)
https://myanimelist.net/people/6856/Sayo_Yamamoto (didnt work under him during a major show persay but was like his first protege and its REALLY apparent in her first work mitchiko to hatchin)

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 9, 2018 5:13 PM

Aug 2014
This looks cute/good, I'll give it a shot when it's out.
Nov 12, 2018 9:47 PM

Dec 2011
The cover art looks atmospheric and heartwarming, + female leads? This is definitely gonna be my series to wind down with after a stressful week.
Nov 14, 2018 2:06 AM

Aug 2017
from the looks of it this will for sure be solid and also that key visual is so damn nice :]. i am very hyped about this one :].
darkestTimesNov 14, 2018 2:13 AM
Dec 5, 2018 1:11 AM

Nov 2007
Angela's character visual & the composers who will compose songs in anime.
Lido, Benny Sings, Jen Wood, Maisa Tsuno (Akai Kouen guitarist)
https://www.animatetimes.com/news/details.php?id=1543998739

4 more character visuals & the composers who will compose songs in anime.
Evan "Kidd" Bogart, Tim Rice-Oxley, Eirik Glambek Bøe,
Composers for the OP & ED also announced:
OP: "Kiss Me" composed by Nulbarich
ED: "Hold Me Now" composed by Benny Sings
https://www.animatetimes.com/news/details.php?id=1547626940

Composers (Updated July 12)
tsubasaloverJul 12, 2019 2:15 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - 2 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Today

21 by VanishingKira »»
6 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
8 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.