Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 3, 2008 9:30 AM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Truniht is amazingly resilient. Like clockwork he disappears for large stretches of the story only to come back later. He may be able to do some damage this time around though.

The only way I can imagine Rubinsky could use Elfriede would be for threats against her and her child's safety. It will be ironic if Reuental suffers a downfall due to caring Elfriede though. Especially after denouncing her and claiming he would have forced her to have an abortion.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Nov 13, 2008 4:00 PM

Apr 2008
tainteddonut said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The only way I can imagine Rubinsky could use Elfriede would be for threats against her and her child's safety. It will be ironic if Reuental suffers a downfall due to caring Elfriede though. Especially after denouncing her and claiming he would have forced her to have an abortion.

What a twist it would be indeed. I always thought Reuenthal would betray Lohengramm when this one would show some sign of weakness and would not fullfill all of his hopes for changing the society. if he dares to expose himself to a fight with his best friend Mittermeier for the sake of a woman or a child that he doesn't seem to care of, that would make an interesting character development.
On the other way, Rubinsky motivations to work for the grand bishop seem to be unclear now.His health is declining, so I can't figure out what profits he can make on a short term ...unless Dominique has agreed to give him an "heir"?

Jan 23, 2010 6:30 AM

Sep 2008
That was some solid character reinforcement they did on Reinhard
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Jan 24, 2010 4:02 PM

Jan 2009
I was glad they took us back to Reinhard's past to look back at his relationship with Annerose. I was also glad to know how grateful and he realized how indebted he is to her for this whole time.

I was dissapointed to know Oberstein did not have a hand in the actions the Earth Cult was taking. I also had a feeling Rubinsky would try to get back into the world by going after Lang.

What I really want to know now is what will the Empire do about the Earth Church and how will they get rid of them?
Nov 16, 2010 1:51 PM

Jan 2010
why do i still get amused by the fact that the kaiser is writing with a feather?lol

good episode,Reinhard's flashback was kinda touching...

Rubinsky and his whore deserve to die,what deuchebags :\,although she is kinda hot,lol

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Nov 18, 2010 9:08 AM

Sep 2008
clannad4ever said:
,although she is kinda hot,lol

5/5

hmm...yum yum
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Jan 1, 2011 9:55 PM

May 2010
clannad4ever said:
why do i still get amused by the fact that the kaiser is writing with a feather?lol

Because he can!!! If I had his hair and cape, I would too

good episode,Reinhard's flashback was kinda touching...

Yes, even his hair was glowing in the dark.

Rubinsky and his whore deserve to die,what deuchebags :,although she is kinda hot,lol

5/5

Uhh....

I hope he dies, I get the bad feeling the empire will fall within. Thank God for Oberstein.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Apr 21, 2011 3:54 AM

Feb 2010
I'm thinking it's the other way. Reuenthal always harbor some sort of personal ambition, he needs a reason revolt against Reinhard. Elfriede and his son could be his convenient excuse. For the first time, Rubinsky shows his vulnerability.
Sep 1, 2011 7:54 PM
Jun 2011
What about the glowing hair? I wonder if that's why Reinhard can't rest?
Feb 11, 2012 8:44 PM

Sep 2009
Radiated hair.
Cool.
Feb 18, 2012 3:38 PM

Aug 2010
I'm not liking that deal with Truhnit. Shit might go down soon within the Empire.
May 17, 2012 7:36 PM

Feb 2012
Confucius said:
I get the bad feeling the empire will fall within. Thank God for Oberstein.

I honestly don't know how to peg Oberstein right now -- I thought I understood him in season 1, but that image of him has gotten more and more muddled over seasons 2 and 3. There are times when I even think that he cares more about the Reich itself than anyone else.
Jun 23, 2012 1:43 PM

Apr 2009
clannad4ever said:
she is kinda hot,lol

DAT GLASS
Jun 15, 2013 5:48 AM

Nov 2011
oh man, I really don't want Reuenthal bertray Reinhard ... T^T
I am sure Reuenthal is not that stupid to bertray Reich only because a woman, but it will be different story if he wants to 'entertain' a lonely Reinhard who want to has a enemy in the same time..

lol about Truniht, Kaiser got trolled ><

and nice flashback in the end ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Sep 29, 2013 2:53 PM

Nov 2009
The person that Oberstein was talking about purging was obviously Reuenthal . . . I feel bad for him, but I'm guessing he is going to rebel against the emperor at some point.
Apr 7, 2014 8:45 PM
Jul 2012
Come to think of it isn't that "shining blonde hair" flashback is the first time the series ever used surreal imagery/symbolism to establish characterisation? I know that they limit that due to the overall tone of the series being very serious but using that is way better than the narrator making very obvious foreshadowing about certain characters. It's okay to do that preachy narration when describing certain details that add to the realism, but when it's about getting in the minds of characters, it really makes it feel like the characters aren't masters of their lives and their deaths end up seeming like plot devices for more and more conflict. Very disappointed @ the last few eps and it doesn't seem like it will stop there, hope that the ending is solid enough to make the whole thing feel worth it. I miss how all the different powers at work were hinted by engaging, poetic dialogue, now it's simply the shady third party coming and going.
Aug 9, 2014 1:00 PM

Nov 2013
Renato said:
clannad4ever said:
she is kinda hot,lol

DAT GLASS
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Nov 3, 2014 7:10 AM

Apr 2008
I really hope that Job Truniht gets executed by Reuental at some point in the future. That would be great.
"Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that"
Nov 14, 2014 10:15 PM

Mar 2012
Sabinlerose said:
Radiated hair.
Cool.

Explains why he keeps getting sick lol.
Mar 14, 2015 6:29 AM

Aug 2014
I wonder how they are going to continue with this series for another 25 episodes.
Jun 3, 2015 3:38 PM
Nov 2014
Truniht is back to do scheming and shit :DDD xD.
Jun 21, 2015 6:00 AM

May 2012
Great development, that flashback at the end was quite nice as well! Let's see what's next.
Jul 22, 2015 1:47 AM

Dec 2013
Fuck Rubinsky! But still overall pretty interesting development.
Jun 22, 2016 3:36 PM

Aug 2014
Looks like Dominici is still holding on to that grudge against Rubinsky for killing Rupert.

It's funny, Truniht didn't appear at all in this episode but he still managed to find a way to piss me off.
Nov 8, 2016 3:44 AM

Aug 2014
Rubinsky is an awesome villain (not exactly villain though), he relies on plotting and conspiracies, waiting for his chance like predator animals.
I dont like him but he is well written character.
Dec 5, 2017 1:01 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
If Reinhard is the light, Rubinsky is the dark...this man is incredible and all his plans are always in the same way!!! This time has in the palm of his hand at Trunit!!!
Apr 20, 2018 6:18 PM

Apr 2014
It is April, 20th, 2018, the 110th day of the year. Going at a rate of one episode a day, I should have completed the series today. Well, stuff happened and I only made it to episode 85.
I loved this episode. The flashback to childhood, and the locket promise to my favorite character Kircheis about the Kaiser himself going to Odin one day. If I couldn't finish the series today, well this episode is a good consolation prize
May 1, 2018 12:02 AM
Nov 2014
my boy Truniht is back!
May 16, 2018 11:36 PM
Apr 2018
RIP Boltic!

That episode was fantastic!!

This episode made me like Lang for his charity work which he does anonymously , and then hate him when he teamed with Rubinski. What a tool.

Love that the anime tied up lose ends with Boltik. Got a laugh as the narrator mentioned his suicide and we clearly saw that was not the case! Rubinski now has Lang tied completely round his finger.

So Lutz is going to put Kesler on the case. Awesome, I love Kesler and want to see more of him. Obserstein is planning some shady shit too. Isn't he always?

I thhought Dominique had Rubinsky for a while, nope, he's just ill and probably dying. How many secret bases does that guy have? He's awesome. I loved the use of Debussy's creepy scary music when Dominique talks to Reuental's girl. I guess they may have been behind her statement to Lang all along and want to start a civil war. Rubinsky thinks De Villers may have put a curse on both him and Reinhard. Didn't think he would be so superstitious. He may want to convince Dominique to give him an heir soon as his time is surely running out.

The anime cleverly avoided showing us the baby's eyes too was was sneaky! I think Mittermeyer and his wife if they survive may end up adopting that baby

Job Truniht is just incredible. A man with no shame whatsoever to return to the planet that he sold out. But putting him with Reuetnal is putting too many combustible elements together.

Really incredible episode that sews together so many undercurrent plots.

Power standings:

1) The Empire- Still number one but Oberstein and Rubinski are going to bring this all crashing down unless Lutz and Kesler can prevent it and Reuetnal will revolt if they can't.
2) Julain's gang. Sitting patiently in Isherhorn alone.
3) Rubinski. Climbing back ahead of the Earth Cult due to his antics here.
4) The Earth Cult. So they killed Yang, what next? Maybe Reinhard and Rubinski will just die off and they will win? Is Job really done with them? If he isn't they have a massive ace up their hooded sleeves.
5) The Goldenbalms. Mentioned in this but not seen them still.

Mittermeyer reminded his admirals and the audience of the five factions which was nice.

MVP: Rubinski!
Nov 3, 2018 11:54 AM
Apr 2018
There is something I don't understand: why did Rubinsky blackmailed Lang with that woman, Reuental's lover? I mean, what was the connection between Lang and her?
Nov 3, 2018 6:29 PM

Jun 2013
SaiDrew said:
There is something I don't understand: why did Rubinsky blackmailed Lang with that woman, Reuental's lover? I mean, what was the connection between Lang and her?

I don't think it was ever mentioned directly in the series, but I assumed that Lang had purposely allowed that woman to slip away from the Internal Security Department's surveillance. Or even if it was truly a genuine oversight by the Internal Security Department, it would still reflect badly on him since he's their chief. So whatever the reason, it was quite natural for Lang to panic after seeing her hologram because he would assume that Rubinsky knew something about her that could potentially damage his career.
Nov 3, 2018 7:12 PM
Apr 2018
MagisterArcanum said:
SaiDrew said:

I don't think it was ever mentioned directly in the series, but I assumed that Lang had purposely allowed that woman to slip away from the Internal Security Department's surveillance. Or even if it was truly a genuine oversight by the Internal Security Department, it would still reflect badly on him since he's their chief. So whatever the reason, it was quite natural for Lang to panic after seeing her hologram because he would assume that Rubinsky knew something about her that could potentially damage his career.

At first I thought that Rubinsky could make public the fact that Lang took advantage of the woman's illness to make her believe that she was a descendant of the old dynasty, but what you mention makes sense too.
Nov 10, 2018 2:33 AM

Feb 2017
SaiDrew said:

At first I thought that Rubinsky could make public the fact that Lang took advantage of the woman's illness to make her believe that she was a descendant of the old dynasty, but what you mention makes sense too.
Yeah, that "illness" bit was just sarcasm from Rubinsky. He was toying with Lang in their conversation and showing he knew how to weaponize her against the Empire.
Nov 10, 2018 2:57 AM
Apr 2018
eski514 said:
SaiDrew said:

Yeah, that "illness" bit was just sarcasm from Rubinsky. He was toying with Lang in their conversation and showing he knew how to weaponize her against the Empire.

Uhm, I missed that completely. I think I might go back and watch that part again...
Apr 8, 2019 1:20 PM

Aug 2017
After watching Dominique continuously participating in all these talks about relationships between parents and children with Rubinsky and Elfriede, I'm seriously starting to think that she might be Katerose's mother. After all, why aren't we introduced to her mom? Why do they have the same hair color?
St0rmbladeApr 8, 2019 1:23 PM
Nov 24, 2019 4:22 AM

Oct 2012
Uh-oh Lang got promoted
Feels like trouble is brewing really soon, at least the narrator said he "died"

Rubinsky is going to die soon with that kind of medicine :P

Everything is pretty calm for now
"Signature removed"
Dec 25, 2020 8:59 PM
Jun 2017
Damn Rubinsky!

After this episode I can no longer hate Reuental as strongly as I did before. That doesn't mean I've ceased to despise him, it's just that my contempt has been also directed to some more people, Rubinsky being the first among them. Reuental may not be an innocent man, but he won't do anything if he's not pushed.

I was thoroughly displeased by the meeting between Rubinsky and Lang. I don't trust any of them. I have never liked Lang, but that he was an anonymous benefactor did ease my disgust towards him. Though that line made me raise a death flag for him. Maybe he will be another terrorist victim in the near future...

I'm very interested in Dominique Saint-Pierré. What will be her role in this story? I can clearly see her holding the pills in her hand the next time Rubinsky asks for them, just to let him die in pain.

Boltik went as he came, as a foot note. Tough luck, but he was a disposable character no one will mourn.

My God, Truniht is the character for whom I feel the most disgust in this series. It wouldn't be enough to call him a weasel, and would actually be very disrespectful to those animals. I hope he gets killed as soon as possible.

I'm again mildly worried for Oberstein. There are many hints that he will fall from his seat of power or at least lose the confidence of everyone. Unlike Yang Wenli or Ale Heinessen, Oberstein is of no use if not alive. He is not someone suited for martyrdom. Anyway, having that document-burning machine was totally like him.

Phezzan will finally become the center of the galaxy. It is a very interesting situation that both extremes of the galaxy represent such different ideals. In one we have Reinhard, in the other, Iserlohn. One is the capital of the autocracy, the other one is the bastion of democracy. Which side will be triumphant in the end?
PaulotronatorDec 25, 2020 9:45 PM
Dec 25, 2020 9:48 PM
Jun 2017
St0rmblade said:
After watching Dominique continuously participating in all these talks about relationships between parents and children with Rubinsky and Elfriede, I'm seriously starting to think that she might be Katerose's mother. After all, why aren't we introduced to her mom? Why do they have the same hair color?

It isn't quite the same color. Dominique's hair is bright red, Katerose's is kind of orange.

Also, Dominique's surname is Saint-Pierré, Katerose's is von Kreutzer, and unless there I some sort of unknown information, I would say that's not a likely possibility.
Dec 25, 2020 9:51 PM
Jun 2017
JohnWoo said:

1) The Empire- Still number one but Oberstein and Rubinski are going to bring this all crashing down unless Lutz and Kesler can prevent it and Reuetnal will revolt if they can't.

There is absolutely no reason to be suspicious of Oberstein on that matter, knowing how fundamental he was to the establishment of the Neue Reich. It's not like he is a foreign element in this story, as he was an advisor to Reinhard way before Kircheis' death.

Why would he be scheming against the great work he worked so hard to establish, even putting his life on the line several times?
Feb 8, 2021 3:40 PM

Jun 2014
Yeah, I had to drop this midway through the episode. I couldn't care less about the retarded Fezzani Terraism cult bullshit, they're such a cringey supervillain group or whatever, the type of shit you'd see in kids cartoons.

I also definitely don't care to see any more political intrigue plot-line bullshit from Lang and Boringsky, I've had enough of this kind of trash throughout the show, it makes my eyes roll.

Yang was one of the main things that was keeping me interested in the series I guess and with his rather random death, I don't care about whatever else they pull off with whatever is left of this.

It seems that Julian is going to become a new main character figure and I couldn't care less about this obnoxious character, he always annoyed me whenever he made any appearances.

This drawn out slog of a show is a 5/10 at its best, it had its moments, but it's too long and drawn out and I couldn't care less about the political ideology clash shit either. I've never been a fan of space opera stuff.
alpha_shadowFeb 8, 2021 3:52 PM
:3
Mar 7, 2021 3:47 AM

Oct 2015
What the hell was Reinhard thinking when giving such a post to Job?!

Why does he become so casual at times?
Sep 3, 2021 11:13 PM

Dec 2018
MegaApple said:
What the hell was Reinhard thinking when giving such a post to Job?!

Why does he become so casual at times?

plot convenience

truniht i think has always been with the earth cult dudes that's why he was such a war monger and always miraculously slips away without consequences
Nov 17, 2021 7:14 PM

Jul 2016
KashKetchum said:
Looks like Dominici is still holding on to that grudge against Rubinsky for killing Rupert.

It's funny, Truniht didn't appear at all in this episode but he still managed to find a way to piss me off.

I really just dont understand Dominic/Rubinsky dynamic at all. What do either get out of it?
Jun 20, 2022 5:36 PM

Dec 2007
rubinsky maybe not my favourite or likeable character, but he's surely one salty politician in this series. his schemes doesn't ceased to surprise me.

trunhit. that's a name i didn't thought i would hear for long time.
and he also somehow cause to oberstein making some moves.

reinhard blonde hair illuminates the dark ... honestly, i'm surprised it didn't being said 'till now lol.

i must say, i kinda missed LOGTH heavy dialogues episodes. they are only rising this anime level over non-logic space battles.
Jul 28, 2022 12:09 PM
Jun 2022
I’m all about episodes dealing mostly in intrigue and schemes, so this is a 5/5 for me.

I wonder what’s Old Rubi’s whole plan. You can’t rule out anything coming from him, even an apparent occasional migraine. Also, his assistant is insanely HOT.

Lang’s time is ticking. He’s only alive because someone more powerful needs pawns.

The MVP Paul Von Oberstein goes in action again. There’s not one bad episode when he’s up to scheming the sh@t out everyone.

Seems like Reinhard is quite fragile when it comes to his mental state. It’s clear he has some kind of illness.
Dec 14, 2022 9:14 AM

May 2018
Truniht somehow survives everything. He and Rubinsky are the true cockroaches of the show lol, though it looks like Rubinsky's time is starting to end
Jan 31, 2023 6:22 AM

Aug 2018
Intrresting episode, seeing Rubinsky still plotting around makes me really curious to  see his endgame at its fulliest.

Truhnit just about to have an embarassing position but his no morale ass simply does not care, still I feel like it was best choice throwing him out of Odin back to where he belongs
Jul 24, 2023 3:50 PM

Feb 2012
2023 Rewatch

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Oct 24, 2023 11:01 AM

Aug 2020
Almost finishing this torture. 25 remaining.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

603 by bruh98hy89 »»
Apr 8, 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.