Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (124) « First ... « 112 113 [114] 115 116 » ... Last »
Oct 30, 2018 6:47 AM
Jul 2017
Need recommendation for:

(27) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread
Oct 30, 2018 6:57 AM
真面目に勉強してる

Jul 2014
Bialga said:
Need recommendation for:

Death Parade: Game of Souls
Barakamon: Exiled to a countryside island to focus on calligraphy
Boku dake ga inai machi: Solve a past crime

These are easy to watch and have few (~12) episodes. Maybe one of those is interesting to you.
I have written my own Ecchi short story. It is called Nopan Mahou Shoujo!
You can find the PDF here or read it online on Wattpad or on Archive of Our Own.
Oct 30, 2018 8:13 AM

Aug 2015
Momokolo said:
Heyo, I wanted to confirm if I can use Olivia from Asobi Asobase for : (60) Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese . Since she was born from foreign parents, her nationality wouldn't be Japanese, so therefore she can be used right?

The nationality is defined in the country that the person was born; doesn't matter if the parents are immigrants. If Olivia was born in Japan, then she has the Japanese nationality.
Oct 30, 2018 8:20 AM

Jun 2016
Slowly on the way to finish the challange, I am asking for recommendations for these two items. If possible I would prefer a movie or a short tv series. (afterall there are only 2 months left). Open to any styles or genres, old or new, can be something you like or hate. Thank you in advance.

(27) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread:

(102) Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member:

Oct 30, 2018 8:23 AM
Jul 2017
Thanks. Im really glad you recommended Erased and Barakamon since I been planning to watch those 2. Now to do a coin flip XD
Oct 30, 2018 8:35 AM
Jul 2017
XAnima13X said:
Slowly on the way to finish the challange, I am asking for recommendations for these two items. If possible I would prefer a movie or a short tv series. (afterall there are only 2 months left). Open to any styles or genres, old or new, can be something you like or hate. Thank you in advance.

For 27 I recommend:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/34822/Tsuki_ga_Kirei
BialgaOct 30, 2018 8:43 AM
Oct 30, 2018 8:53 AM

Jul 2013
Puchkov said:
Momokolo said:
Heyo, I wanted to confirm if I can use Olivia from Asobi Asobase for : (60) Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese . Since she was born from foreign parents, her nationality wouldn't be Japanese, so therefore she can be used right?

The nationality is defined in the country that the person was born; doesn't matter if the parents are immigrants. If Olivia was born in Japan, then she has the Japanese nationality.

Firstly, thank you for your reply.
I have been searching for information but all I can find is that she has lived in Japan for a long time. It doesn't say the place she was born and that's why I thought she could be used.... But if not that's ok, I will find another anime for that number. Thank you.
Oct 30, 2018 9:08 AM

Jun 2016
Momokolo said:
Puchkov said:

I have been searching for information but all I can find is that she has lived in Japan for a long time. It doesn't say the place she was born and that's why I thought she could be used.... But if not that's ok, I will find another anime for that number. Thank you.

According to this site Olivia was born in Japan https://anilist.co/character/126451/Olivia

as alternative this is short and is in your PTW list if you are in mood for romance

https://myanimelist.net/anime/345/Eikoku_Koi_Monogatari_Emma
Oct 30, 2018 10:00 AM

Jul 2014
XAnima13X said:
Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo
Karigurashi no Arrietty
Oct 30, 2018 10:00 AM

Sep 2011

Need a few recommendations please~
Preferably a few options and around 1-cour in length ^-^ would appreciate it~
Oct 30, 2018 10:49 AM

Oct 2011
riho88riho said:

Need a few recommendations please~
Preferably a few options and around 1-cour in length ^-^ would appreciate it~

Hi! I'll recommend
Cells at Work!
Land of the Lustrous
Girls Last Tour
Mawaru Penguindrum
Yuuki Yuuna Is a Hero
Oct 30, 2018 2:00 PM

Feb 2018
Hello everyone!

I would like some nice recommendations for: (27) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread.

Thank you!

XAnima13X said:

If you want something extremely short (and wierd) try https://myanimelist.net/anime/28761/00_08
If you want a masterpiece (4 eps of 30 mins) try https://myanimelist.net/anime/44/Rurouni_Kenshin__Meiji_Kenkaku_Romantan_-_Tsuioku-hen
Pretty nice, 6 ep of 18 mins OVA: https://myanimelist.net/anime/3167/Eve_no_Jikan
A_Haiku_UnlooseOct 30, 2018 2:17 PM
Oct 30, 2018 5:00 PM
Sep 2015
54.Watch a completed anime scored 4 or less from another challenger who posted on your sign-up page
How i can see their scores in my sign-up page?
(92) Watch a completed anime with a score of or below 5.00: https://myanimelist.net/anime/11869/Bloody_Night?q=bloody%20 is this valid?
animefun1995Oct 30, 2018 5:27 PM
Oct 30, 2018 5:13 PM

Jul 2013
XAnima13X said:
Momokolo said:

According to this site Olivia was born in Japan https://anilist.co/character/126451/Olivia

as alternative this is short and is in your PTW list if you are in mood for romance

https://myanimelist.net/anime/345/Eikoku_Koi_Monogatari_Emma

Alright, thank you very much for your help. And for the suggestion.
Oct 30, 2018 6:20 PM

Oct 2011
A_Haiku_Unloose said:
Hello everyone!

I would like some nice recommendations for: (27) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread.

Thank you!

Here are some recs--
Katanagatari
House of Five Leaves
Tanaka Is Always Listless
Eureka Seven
My Hero Academia
Oct 31, 2018 12:41 AM

Sep 2018
I have a clarifying question!

for (72) Watch an anime with a title that starts with the last letter of your username

The last LETTER of my username is L, however the last character is the number 2. Should I find an anime that starts with L, or one that starts with a 2?
Oct 31, 2018 4:45 AM

Jul 2014
animefun1995 said:
54.Watch a completed anime scored 4 or less from another challenger who posted on your sign-up page
Just go to their profile and then to their list.

animefun1995 said:
(92) Watch a completed anime with a score of or below 5.00: https://myanimelist.net/anime/11869/Bloody_Night?q=bloody%20 is this valid?
It won't be valid:
#92. Watch a completed anime with a score of or below 5.00 - total duration of 16 minutes or more; 5.00, 4.99, 4.98 and so on; state the score it had when you finished

zombieoil2 said:

for (72) Watch an anime with a title that starts with the last letter of your username

The last LETTER of my username is L, however the last character is the number 2. Should I find an anime that starts with L, or one that starts with a 2?
Really?
#72. Watch an anime with a title that starts with the last letter of your username - only letters. Exclude any numbers and/or special characters; This means that you have to watch an anime which title starts with the same last letter your username has. In my case an anime that starts with D; if you change your username before you finish the challenge you have to change this accordingly.
Oct 31, 2018 1:22 PM
Sep 2015
mozgow said:
animefun1995 said:
Just go to their profile and then to their list.

animefun1995 said:
It won't be valid:
#92. Watch a completed anime with a score of or below 5.00 - total duration of 16 minutes or more; 5.00, 4.99, 4.98 and so on; state the score it had when you finished

zombieoil2 said:

Really?
#72. Watch an anime with a title that starts with the last letter of your username - only letters. Exclude any numbers and/or special characters; This means that you have to watch an anime which title starts with the same last letter your username has. In my case an anime that starts with D; if you change your username before you finish the challenge you have to change this accordingly.
can you suggest me one anime for that challenge?
Oct 31, 2018 3:32 PM

Jul 2014
@animefun1995
I've watched Idol Fight Suchie-Pai 2 for this item.
Oct 31, 2018 11:47 PM
Oct 2018
Initial Post Number: <####>

🎧 Challenge Start Date: 11/01/2018
🎤 Challenge Finish Date: 2018
🎖️ Link to your list: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/alokwe
🎖️ Link to your Anime+: http://graph.anime.plus/alokwe/profile
🔗 Completed Anime (at sign-up): 9
🔺 Difficulty: Knight

🔻 Legend: Watching - Completed - Inactive/Plan to Watch

🔒 Challenge list:

Do not delete this post! If you want to withdraw, please delete the contents and put Withdrawn.
Please do not format your form with a small/huge font size. Keep it readable.

defnotmiracle1Nov 1, 2018 8:28 AM
Nov 1, 2018 7:48 AM

Nov 2014
@alokwe Wrong place fam. You can copy paste that sign-up post >here<. This thread is for questions, recommendations, etc.
Nov 1, 2018 8:27 AM
Oct 2018
oh I'm sorry.
Nov 1, 2018 9:38 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Nagato-Uzumaki13 said:
for entry (67). are you suppose to count anime that are included in their list or anime that are banner or profile picture?

67. Watch an anime featured in another participant's forum set - participants are those that post in the sign up thread; forum set refers to their signature images and forum avatar; state the username; link to a screenshot showing their username and forum set; their images don't have to match (avatar with signature), meaning you could use either; if you don't know the anime they are using, ask them

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Nov 1, 2018 1:54 PM

Dec 2014
Hi, I need recommendations for 102 please !
102. Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member

Thanks !
Nov 1, 2018 3:48 PM
Sep 2015
emm guys why me and jimakoi have the same ipn and its a problem for our challenges? cause i used him more than once and idk if i should use his ipn cause its the same as me (challenge 19)
https://imgur.com/hCb1ZhM
i would like to help me in this too (57) Watch an anime with a main cast primarily of one gender.
64.Watch an anime tagged as Martial Arts and/or Samurai can i use this? https://myanimelist.net/anime/13709/Afro_Samurai_Movie
animefun1995Nov 1, 2018 4:34 PM
Nov 1, 2018 4:23 PM

Jun 2013

It is probably about time I get this one over with, and thus I'd like to request some anime recommendations from the community.

To list a few genres that I tend to enjoy a lot:

• Psychological
  • Sci-Fi
  • Romance

I am however open for recommendations to anime that does not belong to any of those categories. Thanks in advance!
Nov 1, 2018 4:32 PM

Jun 2013
animefun1995 said:
emm guys why me and jimakoi have the same ipn and its a problem for our challenges? cause i used him more than once and idk if i should use his ipn cause its the same as me (challenge 19)
i would like to help me in this too (57) Watch an anime with a main cast primarily of one gender.

I cannot comment on your first inquiry, but for your second one, I can recommend a few:

I personally like the two finished quite a lot, and I think Zombieland Saga is pretty funny so far.

If I misunderstood you, and you simply wanted to know what it meant, here is the explanation from the explanation post (link):
57. Watch an anime with a main cast primarily of one gender - needs 4 or more main characters; at least 1 from one gender and 3 from the opposite gender, i.e. 3 males and 1 female / 3 girls and 1 boy; can't have a main cast of the same gender

Nov 1, 2018 4:37 PM
Sep 2015
S-52 said:
animefun1995 said:

I cannot comment on your first inquiry, but for your second one, I can recommend a few:

I personally like the two finished quite a lot, and I think Zombieland Saga is pretty funny so far.

If I misunderstood you, and you simply wanted to know what it meant, here is the explanation from the explanation post (link):
57. Watch an anime with a main cast primarily of one gender - needs 4 or more main characters; at least 1 from one gender and 3 from the opposite gender, i.e. 3 males and 1 female / 3 girls and 1 boy; can't have a main cast of the same gender

64.Watch an anime tagged as Martial Arts and/or Samurai can i use this?https://myanimelist.net/anime/13709/Afro_Samurai_Movie
Nov 1, 2018 4:57 PM

Jun 2013
animefun1995 said:
S-52 said:

64.Watch an anime tagged as Martial Arts and/or Samurai can i use this?https://myanimelist.net/anime/13709/Afro_Samurai_Movie

Under Genre, it includes the genre Samurai, so you can. :]

For items 63-66, the anime should have a total duration of 16 minutes or more. The "and/or" refers that it can have just one of the tags or a combination of them

Is what's written, and since this movie fulfills that, it is valid.
Nov 2, 2018 2:43 AM

Oct 2013
37. Watch a short anime with 35 episodes or more
- May I receive a recommendation?

Nov 2, 2018 3:13 AM

Jul 2014
cyl242 said:
Fushigi Mahou Fun Fun Pharmacy

Kiimiko said:
Hi, I need recommendations for 102 please !
102. Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member

Thanks !
Kaguya-hime no Monogatari
Kumo no Mukou, Yakusoku no Basho
mozgowNov 2, 2018 3:21 AM
Nov 2, 2018 3:21 AM

Apr 2010
S-52 said:

It is probably about time I get this one over with, and thus I'd like to request some anime recommendations from the community.

• Psychological
  • Sci-Fi
  • Romance

I am however open for recommendations to anime that does not belong to any of those categories. Thanks in advance!

3D Kanojo: Real Girl
Donten ni Warau
DRAMAtical Murder (NOT YAOI)
Full Metal Panic!

Nov 2, 2018 3:59 AM

Jun 2013
EfiChan said:
S-52 said:

• Psychological
  • Sci-Fi
  • Romance

3D Kanojo: Real Girl
Donten ni Warau
DRAMAtical Murder (NOT YAOI)
Full Metal Panic!

Thanks for the recommendations, @EfiChan! Donten ni Warau caught my eye, so I'll watch that one.

cyl242 said:

Here's a few:
Nov 2, 2018 4:07 AM

Jul 2014
S-52 said:
cyl242 said:

Here's a few:
Not valid
#37. Watch a short anime with 35 episodes or more - needs 15 minutes or less per episode.
Nov 2, 2018 4:36 AM

Jun 2013
mozgow said:
S-52 said:

Here's a few:
Not valid
#37. Watch a short anime with 35 episodes or more - needs 15 minutes or less per episode.

Thanks for the correction. I didn't go to check the specific rules, and didn't read 'short'.

cyl242 said:

Here's one, then:
Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan
Nov 2, 2018 5:56 AM
Apr 2018
(29)Watch an anime from the predictive search using a participant on your sign up page
(40) Watch an anime without the Producer, Licensor nor Studio listed
Can anyone explain to me what I'm supposed to do?
ViSpaceNov 2, 2018 9:05 AM
Nov 2, 2018 6:32 AM

Jun 2013
ViSpace said:
(31) Watch a Featured Anime
Can anyone give me any recommendations? Also, what are "Featured animes"? Could anyone explain?

In regards to (27), I'll recommend the following:

Also, note the text I have highlighted with ><:
Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread - >ask for an anime there and link the reply with the recommendation here<

In regards to (31), it is explained:
Watch a Featured Anime - link the article used; use any anime featured in an article published from 2017 onward; the anime must have the "Featured" tab

This means that you have to find a Featured anime, which was featured from 2017 onward. You can either check the Featured button on anime pages if they have them, so for example SEL has a Featured page which is filled to the brim, but those featured might be older than 2017. You have to check on each article for the date. Also, not every anime is featured. Another option is to just browse Featured Articles and find a feature that's from 2017 or onward, and has an anime you want to watch.

I hope that explains it.
QurzenNov 2, 2018 6:36 AM
Nov 2, 2018 9:28 AM

Nov 2014
ViSpace said:
(29)Watch an anime from the predictive search using a participant on your sign up page
(40) Watch an anime without the Producer, Licensor nor Studio listed
Can anyone explain to me what I'm supposed to do?
For 29 you just need to go the page that your sign-up post is on (in your case it's this one) and copy any other user's username into the search bar. Then, switch the drop-down from "All" to "Anime". For example, Ahzoos is the first user you could use. If you use his username, you'd get the below options:

Zoo: Hidamari no Shi
Kabushiki Kaisha Zoo
Suzy's Zoo: Daisuki! Witzy
Wake Up, Girl Zoo!
Escape from Tsuki no Uragawa Zoo
Zoojazoo "Watashi no Onaka"
Oosouji

If you don't wanna watch any of these. you can try grabbing any of the other usernames of the people in Posts #6751-#6800 (excluding yours of course) and see what you can find.

For 40, you just need to find a show that says "None found" next to Producers, Licensors, and Studios. These are gonna be obscure, since they are mostly indie or really old stuff. I recommend Kanamewo. It's what I used for the challenge and it completely blew me away.

Hope this helps! ^^
Nov 2, 2018 3:02 PM
Sep 2015
can i use this https://myanimelist.net/anime/37364/Kekkai_Sensen___Beyond_OVA
for(61) Watch an anime that mainly takes places outside of Japan, but still on Earth
and if not can you suggest me one
Nov 2, 2018 3:35 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Ginoza said:
Can I use Shirobako for item 96? The ages of the main characters of the series are stated in its wikia page, it says that their ages are between 21-22 and 20-21
http://shirobako.wikia.com/wiki/Midori_Imai
http://shirobako.wikia.com/wiki/Aoi_Miyamori
http://shirobako.wikia.com/wiki/Ema_Yasuhara
http://shirobako.wikia.com/wiki/Misa_T%C5%8Dd%C5%8D

Yes, it's valid

animefun1995 said:
emm guys why me and jimakoi have the same ipn and its a problem for our challenges? cause i used him more than once and idk if i should use his ipn cause its the same as me (challenge 19) https://imgur.com/hCb1ZhM

Either one of you wrote it wrong, there was a mistake, or forms were deleted between the time you guys posted. There's no real problem with it. It's an expected and recurrent situation, sadly. You can use them.

@S-52 please don't double, just edit your last post
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1697305&show=5750#msg56121884
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1697305&show=5750#msg56121940

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Nov 2, 2018 3:44 PM
Sep 2015
SheyCroix said:
Ginoza said:
Can I use Shirobako for item 96? The ages of the main characters of the series are stated in its wikia page, it says that their ages are between 21-22 and 20-21
http://shirobako.wikia.com/wiki/Aoi_Miyamori
http://shirobako.wikia.com/wiki/Ema_Yasuhara
http://shirobako.wikia.com/wiki/Misa_T%C5%8Dd%C5%8D

Yes, it's valid

animefun1995 said:
emm guys why me and jimakoi have the same ipn and its a problem for our challenges? cause i used him more than once and idk if i should use his ipn cause its the same as me (challenge 19) https://imgur.com/hCb1ZhM

Either one of you wrote it wrong, there was a mistake, or forms were deleted between the time you guys posted. There's no real problem with it. It's an expected and recurrent situation, sadly. You can use them.

did you answered me for this (61) Watch an anime that mainly takes places outside of Japan, but still on Earth if yes sorry for that
Nov 2, 2018 5:16 PM

Jun 2013
animefun1995 said:
SheyCroix said:

Yes, it's valid

did you answered me for this (61) Watch an anime that mainly takes places outside of Japan, but still on Earth if yes sorry for that

I will remember that for the future.
Nov 2, 2018 7:45 PM

Nov 2011
Hi,
Can I use a this anime https://myanimelist.net/anime/36522/Ling_Qi_2
for the below item since its Chinese ?

(60) Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese

if not please could someone give me suggestions ?
To desire some results, one must take actions
Nov 3, 2018 1:24 AM

Apr 2010
aoi-hoshi said:
Hi,
Can I use a this anime https://myanimelist.net/anime/36522/Ling_Qi_2
for the below item since its Chinese ?

(60) Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese

if not please could someone give me suggestions ?

I guess that as long as it is said it happens in our world, there shouldn't be a problem.

For case it is:
Versailles no Bara
Vatican Kiseki Chousakan (one is Japanese, what is Italian of something. WARNING: contest of 18+, though no ecchi\violence)

Nov 3, 2018 5:49 AM

Dec 2015
Hello @Yuki-Chan276,

May I have a recommendation for (102) Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member?

hai_X_is
Nov 3, 2018 6:03 AM

Nov 2011
@EfiChan Okay... If it wasn't accepted that time I'll use one of these.
Thanks for helping me =)
To desire some results, one must take actions
Nov 3, 2018 7:50 AM
Jul 2017
So when a challenge says: Watch a "completed anime" insert requirement here

Does it mean from an anime I already have completed or an anime that is complete/done airing like Kill la Kill?
Nov 3, 2018 7:59 AM

Jun 2013
Bialga said:

Does it mean from an anime I already have completed or an anime that is complete/done airing like Kill la Kill?

It means that you have to watch an anime that completes before 2019, but to make it easier for yourself, just go for an anime that is already completed. You can't take an anime you've already watched, unless you started it in 2018, and haven't used it for other challenges in the challenge.
Nov 3, 2018 8:20 AM

Jul 2014
Bialga said:

The later. The anime must have finished airing before you can start watching it.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (124) « First ... « 112 113 [114] 115 116 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » What is your most common reason for rewatching anime?

MeanMrMusician - Yesterday

18 by traed »»
58 seconds ago

» Anime you hope will be announced as soon as possible.

Dominusew - Today

13 by Jonas-K »»
8 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

84 by -YaoiBoy- »»
9 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows?

EverRealm - Today

43 by purplemoon_ »»
19 minutes ago

» Credit cards companies are forcing the Hentai industry

Dije - 6 hours ago

31 by traed »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.