Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 25, 2018 5:20 AM

Jan 2015
hazarddex said:
No why would i want to put sketchy products on my skin especially when a lot of those products contain shit like mercury and other poisonous metals or material.

@ezlord but hey if you want to slather what might have Cadmium in it all over your face i won't stop you. i won't recommenced it, but i am not good enough to stop you either

Boi, I don't wear makeup and when I do it's for the occasion like pictures and events and shit
I also don't think makeup is safe
It honestly makes me wonder the side effects no one talks about and the effect it might have on ageing

ur opinion = shit
Oct 25, 2018 5:32 AM

Oct 2014
Do girls never find it unfair that they're socially expected to wear makeup? Makeup is a lot of effort and in the end it only enhances what you already have. Plastic surgery and photoshop are your true best friends if you actually look ugly.

Some boys would find it unfair that they have to wait for their girlfriend to put on makeup for their date while he's already ready.

In television it's pretty commonplace for men to wear makeup. Concealer and eyeliner can make guys look better, although other guys could make fun of them if they're doing it on a regular basis (ie. pretty boys).
Oct 25, 2018 5:35 AM

Jan 2015
zombie_pegasus said:
Do girls never find it unfair that they're socially expected to wear makeup? Makeup is a lot of effort and in the end it only enhances what you already have. Plastic surgery and photoshop are your true best friends if you actually look ugly.

Some boys would find it unfair that they have to wait for their girlfriend to put on makeup for their date while he's already ready.

In television it's pretty commonplace for men to wear makeup. Concealer and eyeliner can make guys look better, although other guys could make fun of them if they're doing it on a regular basis (ie. pretty boys).

I never thought the other way ...ur so damn right
The reason it's ok for boys to not wear make up while girls have to lookpresentable is u fair
and Girks standards for beauty is just too damn high
I know some girls who actually look uglier with makeup it's weird but they don't appreciate their natural beauty
Oh tru like Kpoop models do it all the time, they look pretty fine to me, I just feel like our societies beauty standard is just uneven sadly

ur opinion = shit
Oct 26, 2018 3:01 PM

Mar 2014
I don't think makeup really makes that much of a difference when you're seeing someone irl (unless they're like a makeup artist or something)
Oct 26, 2018 3:23 PM
Jul 2018
No I'm not jealous, I have natural looks, and don't need to make any modifications to my already perfect facial features.
Oct 26, 2018 5:00 PM

Aug 2017
i personally dont care if you use make up as long as you dont look like sh*t without it take asian people for example ton of them look horrifying when they remove make up(search up videos on youtube...also im not talking about every asian person)

I know many girls that use make up but they look pretty much the same or equally good without make up ofc there is a bit difference but its nothing insane.

Some guys use make up...again take asian people for example especially someone popular like Kpop stars they use make up and if you think they dont you must be pretty dumb there might be few of them that dont but a lot of them do.
I personally find it weird when guys use make up especially when you can tell they are just by looking at them even from a distance.
Oct 26, 2018 8:55 PM

Sep 2007
People should appreciate me for who I am.

Oct 27, 2018 12:26 AM

May 2018
Yes, It is, women cheat the system by simply putting a lot of powder on their face, use yoga pants to shape their asses, wigs, lenses, underwear to makes their breasts bigger, all these things to fool men.

In other hand we cannot do anything because people will think that we are gay for using these things. Men are naturally beautiful while women are artificially beautiful.
Oct 27, 2018 2:12 AM

Sep 2012
Not from what I've seen, makeup seems like a hassle to put on.
Oct 27, 2018 2:44 AM

Jul 2015
ezlord said:
You know how girls can wave the makeup wand and hide ugly? Do boys think this is unfair? Do you boys secretly use make up?

I meant socially it's more acceptable for women to contour etc while most boys just deal with el naturalè
You got it backwards. It's unfair for girls.

There is a lot of social pressure on girls to pretty themselves up beyond their natural look, while there is no such pressure on guys.

You have to expend the extra effort. I don't.
I'm considered sufficiently pretty without makeup. You aren't.

You're in so deep that you didn't even notice who the disadvantaged party is: Not the guys.
"my life at this state could be transposed into a pretty massive biography"

- Cneq, "the guy who was literally using BTC in 2012 to make deals in the first main instance of a digital itemized economy forming naturally in all human history (also the precursor of NFTs) and who had 20k+ total trades.", 23 years old

MAL's most prolific antivaxxer, Noboru.
Oct 27, 2018 3:03 AM

Feb 2018
The only thing I envy is being able to (hopefully discreetly) mask temporary blemishes, like breakouts. Guyliner is trashy and hideous. If you insist on wearing obvious makeup, go all in. At the very least, add some foundation to balance it out.

Oct 27, 2018 4:21 AM

Oct 2013
Women are inherently judged more on their physical appearance. Vast majority of heterosexual males don't use makeup, which doesn't mean good looking men don't work their ass off. There's only so much that your genes can do. Makeup is just a way for the product, for lack of a better word, to 'be shown' in the best light possible. It isn't a misrepresentation or something like that as it's just working with what's already there. Men do this, just not with make up. Take shirts that make your shoulders look more broad, styling your facial hair so you can hide that weak chin, spending abnormal amount of dosh on various haircuts, hitting the gym etc.

What rustles my jimmies are heavily padded bras or shapewear, as this can be very misleading when approaching a potential mate. It's an artificial world where we can alter our looks fairly easily. The only uncontrollable issue we face is height and female obsession with tall men. Women are generally more invested in ones personality, in contrast to men who value physical attraction more. It kinda evens out in the end.
Oct 27, 2018 4:40 AM

Jul 2014
Thee's nothing stopping guys from wearing it. In fact, it actually really suits some dudes.

Take care of yourself

Oct 27, 2018 5:05 AM

Feb 2014
i hate makeup but would rather die than leave the house not wearing it :L
im pale and my skin goes red really easily so i need foundation to balance that out
i used to do the whole thing, eyebrows, eyeshadow eyeliner etc now its just basic foundation
its sad but 9/10 girls are always gonna look better with it n i wanna look good in public ya feel me
Oct 27, 2018 5:19 AM

Jan 2015
Railey2 said:
ezlord said:
You know how girls can wave the makeup wand and hide ugly? Do boys think this is unfair? Do you boys secretly use make up?

I meant socially it's more acceptable for women to contour etc while most boys just deal with el naturalè

There is a lot of social pressure on girls to pretty themselves up beyond their natural look, while there is no such pressure on guys.

You're in so deep that you didn't even notice who the disadvantaged party is: Not the guys.

Ur a dude? I've been thinking u were a girl the whole time.
I feel like I addressed this before, but I essentially agree

ur opinion = shit
Oct 27, 2018 5:41 AM

Dec 2012
Lestat- said:
I find it more unfair that most women feel obliged to wear makeup in order not to receive looks or comments such as ‘you look ill’, ‘are you tired?’, ‘you look like a child’, etcetera. The amount of nasty responses to women not wearing makeup is absurd. Men don’t have that going for them, their appearance usually does not seem to gather as much attention.

Preach it. It often happens that people say you look ill or like you don't take care of yourself when you don't wear makeup and at the same time people call you fake or shallow when they realize you do wear makeup. You can't win. The only thing you can do is ignore everyone else and do what you like for yourself.

oml said:
i hate makeup but would rather die than leave the house not wearing it :L
im pale and my skin goes red really easily so i need foundation to balance that out
i used to do the whole thing, eyebrows, eyeshadow eyeliner etc now its just basic foundation
its sad but 9/10 girls are always gonna look better with it n i wanna look good in public ya feel me

Reading this makes me sad :/ It's so expected of girls to have this flawless face that it can really mess up your whole self-esteem.
And I don't think 9/10 girls look better with makeup. It's just that we're so used to seeing girls all around us with flawless skin, long black eyelashes and perfect eyebrows that we think it's the norm and we have to look like this. A bit of red skin or some pimples don't make you ugly. It's normal. And I really hope society can reach that point one day where all girls can leave their house without feeling like they'll be judged without makeup.
Oct 27, 2018 6:00 AM

Feb 2017
ezlord said:

This is actually more of a cultural thing. In places like Saudi Arabia it's completely taboo. In the U.S., it's not mainstream, but still done. Not the most accepted, but not totally frowned upon. Then, in places like South Korea, it's completely normal for men to use makeup.

Personally, I don't mind it. I'd use it if I knew how without looking like a drag queen. If it enhanced my appearance, why not? I already have a skincare routine lol.

Oct 27, 2018 6:47 AM
Oct 2018
ezlord said:

Boys will be Boys . But when they attain manhood they will realise what utter garbage they were as a boy <3
Oct 27, 2018 8:52 AM

May 2015
I don't need make up as I'm a sexy mofo.

Which makes it a shame that I'll die a virgin, but that's their loss.
Oct 27, 2018 9:01 AM

Mar 2016
I never understood wearing makeup as a means of concealing blemishes. To me, it is like wearing a mask and posing as someone you are not. In any case, I do not wear makeup, but who said men aren't allowed to? They're free to do what they want with their face.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Oct 27, 2018 9:16 AM

Jan 2015
Tenma said:
ezlord said:

This is actually more of a cultural thing. In places like Saudi Arabia it's completely taboo. In the U.S., it's not mainstream, but still done. Not the most accepted, but not totally frowned upon. Then, in places like South Korea, it's completely normal for men to use makeup.

Personally, I don't mind it. I'd use it if I knew how without looking like a drag queen. If it enhanced my appearance, why not? I already have a skincare routine lol.

Uh I dunno Saudi women are known for their EXAGGERATED eyebrows, a trend bitches here in Americas picked up

ur opinion = shit
Oct 27, 2018 9:31 AM

Feb 2017
ezlord said:

Uh I dunno Saudi women are known for their EXAGGERATED eyebrows, a trend bitches here in Americas picked up

That originated with the Egyptians way back in like 3500 B.C. though. And, men of the time wore makeup then, too. Makeup was considered to have a prominent magic effect.

But, we're talking about men using makeup, right? Homosexuality is persecuted to the penalty of death in Saudi Arabia and surrounding countries. So men wearing makeup their is prohibited, or handled with extreme prejudice.

Oct 27, 2018 9:35 AM

Jul 2017
no
guys can use makeups too
I do have some male friends who indulge in makeups
Oct 27, 2018 10:35 AM
Nov 2017
Men have facial hair that they can style all they want, isnt that unfair that women cant do the same? lol

on a more serious note: makeup, depending on how its done can look good on a dude, but imo it has to be more subtle, and accentuate the more masculine features, not the other way around. And not every dude can pull it off.

This dude is doing it right:

This is also cool:

And this:

Everything beyond that is either gey, questionable, or reserved for Halloween.
Oct 27, 2018 10:43 AM

Feb 2014
Haibara said:

And I don't think 9/10 girls look better with makeup. It's just that we're so used to seeing girls all around us with flawless skin, long black eyelashes and perfect eyebrows that we think it's the norm and we have to look like this. A bit of red skin or some pimples don't make you ugly. It's normal. And I really hope society can reach that point one day where all girls can leave their house without feeling like they'll be judged without makeup.
idk in my opinion if you put a girl w spots and a girl w makeup to cover spots next to each other most guys would pick the girl with makeup cus theyre just better looking
its sad but true
fairyJan 24, 2019 2:01 PM
Oct 27, 2018 12:46 PM

Jul 2014

Yep, gotta second this. And Spike is an absolute legend.
Take care of yourself

Oct 27, 2018 1:39 PM

Jul 2015
ezlord said:
Railey2 said:

I've had the same happen to me recently, but in reverse. I had always thought that YaoiMaster was a guy, but she turned out to be a girl. :v
It happens.
"my life at this state could be transposed into a pretty massive biography"

- Cneq, "the guy who was literally using BTC in 2012 to make deals in the first main instance of a digital itemized economy forming naturally in all human history (also the precursor of NFTs) and who had 20k+ total trades.", 23 years old

MAL's most prolific antivaxxer, Noboru.
Oct 27, 2018 1:48 PM

Jan 2015
Railey2 said:
ezlord said:

I've had the same happen to me recently, but in reverse. I had always thought that YaoiMaster was a guy, but she turned out to be a girl. :v
It happens.

Jesus forgive me for I have sinned too much

ur opinion = shit
Oct 27, 2018 1:51 PM

Apr 2012
no it's not unfair
it is actually time consuming to put on make up
i couldn't be fucked to go through that routine everyday.
i'm sure some men do put on makeup (ie concealer), and you wouldn't even be able to notice it.

There's a lot more pressure on women to put on makeup though that's for sure.
Less is more ladies

Oct 27, 2018 3:18 PM

May 2016
No, not quite unfair. Its rather much nice being free from any assumption of being seen as what others think of you.

And well Its just quite time consuming. I'd rather spend time in something more productive.
Like sleeping.

As i see it, it is rather much unfair for girls. They lose some quality dream time.

DeisiyaOct 27, 2018 3:34 PM
Oct 27, 2018 3:23 PM

Dec 2008
anniechrist said:
Makeup for men is just a beard, it serves the same purpose.

Guys who don't shave are just fucking lazy as far as I'm concerned.
Life Is Short But Intense.
Oct 27, 2018 5:15 PM

Aug 2018
Making yourself look pretty is considered "girly" so I don't see girls using makeup as unfair.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What is your favorite Masaaki Yuasa anime?

Sorachin - 8 hours ago

15 by Sorachin »»
20 seconds ago

» Will aliens finally appear this century?

Absurdo_N - Apr 7

47 by DesuMaiden »»
1 minute ago

» Do you have a skin care routine? ( 1 2 3 )

456371000 - May 14, 2020

114 by DesuMaiden »»
4 minutes ago

» how dark is your personality? ( 1 2 )

GrimAtrament - Mar 27, 2018

64 by DesuMaiden »»
28 minutes ago

» Do you post your own original artwork onto social media?

DesuMaiden - Apr 10

19 by DesuMaiden »»
35 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.